shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th Jan till 13th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2008 8:44:46 AM
Author: steph72276
My husband has the easiest time of losing weight. He was a soccer player and got away with eating anything he wanted and never gaining any weight until about a year ago. Then he noticed he had put on a little weight, decided after Christmas to cut out cokes and work out at the gym and boom! 10 pounds off just like that...so unfair
20.gif
I know, with my Hubby once he starts on a fitness and better eating plan, I can literally watch the weight melt off his keister, while I have to huff and puff and struggle for each measly pound...grrr.....
25.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wah, am home sick, I suspect with the flu. I''m going to the doctor in an hour and a half to find out. I''m not sure when the onset was because Friday night I just felt pooped and like I might be coming down with something but had no real symptoms. Saturday I felt fine and ran five miles for the first time ever (whoo hoo!), then I slept almost 12 hours Saturday night. My husband made fun of me, but I didn''t feel like I''d overslept, just that I really needed to sleep. Then Sunday night/Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat. I thought it was a cold my husband''s had for a week, so I went to work. I had an unusually light day due to presentations I had to take my students to, and yet I felt like I''d been run over by a truck and my throat hurt to high heaven and the aches, oh the aches! My temperature was 100 when I got home yesterday.

So home it is for me today.

I really feel better than yesterday. That''s the catch -- you feel ok-ish when you lie around all day, so you convince yourself that you''re ok to go into work. That happened to me 5 years ago, my first year at the high school where I teach. I took Thursday and Friday off with the flu, then tried to go back Monday. I got super cold during a class I had a contentious relationship with, and when I bundled up in my coat and winter hat the kids complained that they weren''t allowed to wear hats, and I blew up and yelled that I was freezing cold and would wear my hat if I wanted. So there! Then I realized that I probably wasn''t quite well enough to be back at work. (Today a class wouldn''t get under my skin like that, so the kids would probably be sympathetic and leave me alone to rest at my desk.)

So no working out until at least for a little while. I''m not really worried about getting fat; I just don''t like to go too long without weight-training. Otherwise, it hurts when you get back into it. But even getting up from the couch is wiping me out right now, so I know I''ll just have to rest.

In happier news, I''ve decided to spend what could have been jewelry related for my birthday on a trip to New Orleans! My hsuband and I will be spending two nights in the French Quarter for my birthday. Yay! And we''re planning a trip to Provence with my parents this summer. It just needs to be booked once my parents figure out the exact dates; I''ve chosen our itinerary and all the hotels. Super yay!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get some rest and feel better!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
P.S. I forgot to add that my husband joined the gym! We went together so I got the tour too. It was definitely neat to see their equipment and offerings, even in an oddly shaped and rather small urban gym (DH can go to their location about 3 miles out of the city as well which is more of a standard gym). I totally support spending the money for DH, but it would be a waste for me. I know what works for me -- doing the Firm in my basement and jogging. I do it consistently, and I''m glad that I don''t have to wait in line. Plus I am a crazy human heater, so I don''t have to worry about the winter keeping me from jogging. But the summer might . . . I''ll have to find out. I''m thinking that days when it''s hot and humid (basically the whole summer in Richmond), I''ll need to take a cooler with several icy water bottles and leave them in my car, which I run by each lap/mile.

So anyway, I am proud of my husband. He has had two of his three free meetings with the personal trainer and is learning some new moves.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Today it''s back to reality for me. I am observing all day and then have a hair appt.

I weighed in today too, 128.4. Yuck. It''s about a pound more than I have been consistently for a while. If I haven''t lost it by next week I''ll start calorie counting again for a bit. That might be a good thing for me.

It''s my night to make dinner, but because I have the hair appt. J said he''d do it. So sweet.

Phoenix, feel better.

Lorelei, John loves fast food, chips, etc. but he also loves vegetables, lean meats, salad and fruit, which is a good thing!

Have a great day all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Monnie, did you see my post in last week''s WWT re: asking if that was your burberry loving self on TPF? I wondered if you were still hanging around there, I lurk....do you ever go on there? And yes I did see your post in my thread, sounds fab...let me look at my schedule on what''s possible while down there!

Morning all, egg whites and english muffin for breakfast. Yummy! Kimi don''t worry that stubborn lb will go away in a week or so probably.

So funny about the men in our lives and their habits. I have to say that I am pretty glad I don''t have to worry about Greg and his eating habits at all. My girlfriend has a new hubby and he drinks like 2-3 beers a night and has developed quite the beer gut in the last 6-9 months. She is totally on him to drink a little less, work out a little more and he is such a whiner and complainer. She doesn''t care if he''s skinny, just that he is a bit more fit and HEALTHY for himself and for her! I was thinking gosh what a drag it would be to have to be policing someone else''s activities as well as taking care of your own self. I can barely figure out my own eating habits ! hehe. So I''m happy that Greg overall is quite healthy, and fit, and he does indulge but it never seems to show on his high-metabolism body. So jealous. and he has a 6 pack and he does situps like once a week. ARGH! unfair.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, it''s great to hear you had a good jujitsu session! I''ve always wanted to try some form of martial arts, mostly because those who practice it regularly are such amazing people. I like their stories of discipline, strength, and respect. So cool!

Rod, sorry to hear about the washing machine! I think my parents have had their Whirlpool for over 15 years. They have called in for replacement parts before, and once a repairman came by...but it''s still the same old machine! Amazingly it still works! Have you called their service department?

I have my training session tonight. Crossing my fingers that the woman shows up on time and gives me a full hour!

Mara, you are lucky that Greg watches after his own health. My FI has a bit of a tummy...mostly because he doesn''t make time for working out. I definitely don''t want to nag him, but once in a while I do ask if he wants to go work out with me.

Marcy, I was told that it is better to buy a Swiss watch in the US these days because of the weakness of our dollar. Even though the Swiss franc is slightly cheaper than the dollar right now, I believe the prices there are higher so you don''t get a bargain at all after the conversion. You would think that since all the watches are made there, it would be cheaper...but I guess not. FI and I know NOTHING about watches, so we asked the Swiss people that we befriended for advice. They said that Tissots are not so great anymore, but Longines are good to start with. The ultimate watch to own is a Patek Phillipe which start at $10,000 (or francs, I can''t remember).

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Skippy. The shredded cheese I usually put in it is the Kraft 2% Colby-Jack cheese. It is really good when it is all melted in there, but I also sometimes put in the 2% Italian cheese blend too if I find it. I really think any low fat shredded cheese would work just fine though!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share some pictures of the amazing views from the Alps. Here''s one of me skiing...

CJskiing.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
and a view from our chalet at night

viewfromchaletnight.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Gorgeous picture! I am so jealous. I''ve never been skiing and really want to plan a trip for the end of the year. Looks like you had a fab. time!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
and me at a Santiago Calatrava (my favorite architect) exhibit at the Olympics Museum in Lausanne.

santiagoatolympicmuseum.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
steph, I think that is one of very few pictures that FI could get of me actually upright on skis. Haha. Even if you don''t ski, going to the Alps for sledding or hiking/snowshoeing is truly a memorable experience. I agree with Rod on his theory of snow and skiing. They don''t go together. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2008 1:15:23 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/8/2008 12:45:14 PM
Author: CrownJewel
and a view from our chalet at night
Oh.. my stars, what a STUNNING view that is. How absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! WOW! Lucky you.. I''m just green.. wow.
Ditto, fantastic pics CJ, thanks so much for sharing them!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here is an interesting question to those of you who are at your "ideal" weight and who are now maintaining....How did you know you were at the place your body needed to be? Was it a certain number on the scale that you reached? Was it fitting into a certain size? I am still 10 pounds away from my original goal, but I really am happy with my body right now and the size that I''m at and I have a healthy BMI now, so I think I need to focus more on maintaining now. Just curious how others found their "ideal" weight. Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph...for me it was that i lost 10 lbs from my original weight of about 151. then i thought well 141 still seems like i have work to do. i thought i just needed to lose 10 lbs. so i ended up down at about 130. well 128 for like 3 days but i don't really count that since it didn't last. i maintained at about 130-132 for about a month. but i wasn't carrying a lot of muscle at all. and it was bugging me because i was getting a lot of 'you are too thin' comments from a lot of people in my life even though i felt fine.

then i started to slowly climb when i started being a bit more lax about eating. i just couldn't be SO regimented forever. well that was a problem because i wanted to not be super regimented and i was working out like 6 days a week and thought ... i just cannot sustain this! so after a little soul searching i signed up with my personal training facility which luckily is right near my house, literally a 2 min drive. it's pricey but there i have learned a lot in the way of how beefing up your bod with muscle and resistance training can really help your metabolism. i work out less than i did when i was at my thinnest, i am maintaining pretty happily at about 137/138, and i have lost 2.5% body fat since starting there. so i know that even though my weight is a little more than it used to be, i am carrying more muscle.

people tell me that visually i look as good as when i was lighter on the scale (my coworker thinks i look thinner now actually!) but that i look more fit and toned. and i can wear all my same clothes from the 130-132 lb days. i don't weigh myself as much as i used to at all, i weigh like once a week maybe and i also give hardly any 'credence' to that# on the scale. it's more about my clothes, visuals, what people tell me. scales are an incorrect way to judge yourself in my opinion...though they can be helpful while dropping weight, from a maintenance perspective they don't tell the whole story. if i just used the scale and went GOSH i'm 6 lbs heavier than when i was happy with how i looked...i'd be depressed. but that doesn't factor in the muscle etc.

my 'ideal' weight for my body frame and age and all that is supposedly like 133-134. so i'm a few lbs up from that but also that ideal weight doesn't have a muscle or bf % attached to it. i sometimes feel like i could lose about 1-2 lbs...BUT my body seems really happy here. i work out about 5 days a week, but my workouts are much less 'intense' than they used to be and shorter. like i do more interval training and weights than 65 normal minutes on the elliptical (which stopped being effective for me a long time ago)....so i am getting more out of my time working out yet spending less time on the workouts. i also am eating way more normally than i used to and indulging much more often. so i am very happy with my levels of workout, time invested, food and splurges i can have and weight where it's at.

many times i have read that our bodies have a certain HAPPY point that it wants to be at. i think i am at mine right now. obviously it didn't like being too low and it struggled to get to where it wanted to be. why fight it. sure if i wanted to be really clean eating and all 99% fab about it, i could drop those 1-2 lbs quite easily. but visually it won't make a difference so why bother depriving myself? i am very happy with where i am at now.

hope this helps.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reply Mara. For me it is just so hard to not get to that magical number on the scale, but I am in the size clothes I want to be in, so I guess I just need to realize that I do have more muscle and will weigh a few pounds more b/c of it and just be happy with where I am. Having a toddler running around, it is not really all that feasible for me to add extra time to my workouts and I already eat healthy 80 or 90% of the time, so I just have to not worry about the number on the scale I guess and just realize that this is the weight that is healthy for me. Anyway, thanks again!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Evening, WWTers!

CJ, those pics are gorgeous!

I have been SO bad the last few days...went out of town again for the weekend to see some friends and ended up going out to meals with them for dinner on Friday and lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Yikes. Haven't gotten on the scale yet, and I'm not looking forward to it.

We're still in apartment-hunting mode, so that's been taking up a lot of free time. On the plus side, the neighborhood we're moving to is in downtown LA, walking distance from the jewelry district.
31.gif
Poor Kris doesn't know what he's getting himself into. I looked at a place today that has a gym in the building, which would be a good incentive to exercise in the morning, and Kris and I could do it together (we can't run together now because he has knee issues with running).

As far as men's weight/eating habits, Kris used to be somewhat overweight at 300 lbs (although he's 6'7" and broad-shouldered, so that's not actually as much as it sounds!). He cut out high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fats and dropped 50 pounds! Now he ranges between around 145 and 155 and he looks and feels so much healthier. We also used to eat out a lot and started cooking at home a lot more. We don't necessarily do "diet" food, but we do a lot of healthy food, with local veggies and whole grains. What can I say? We're slow foodies.

Good luck to all of you this week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Evening All,

I''m just walked in the door and am digging into school while John finishes up dinner, but thought I pop in here first.

Stephanie, I didn''t have a number in mind when I started losing (either time). When I lost the initial 68 lbs I just wanted to be thin, I didn''t know what exactly that meant. I just sorta felt my way through. When I lost additional weight last year it was the same deal. I just new that 138 was too much, I looked a bit squishy and wanted to get rid of that. I do watch the scale, and I let my body guide me. It settled in at 125-127 (I''m always 125 on the weekends and 127 on weigh in Wednesdays, which cracks me up) and I decided I was content. I liked the way I look and that way clothes fit so it was time to stop losing.

Mara, I know the lb will go away, but I want it to NOW! I''d be happy to share it with you if you''d like? We visited some friends that we haven''t seen in quite a while to drop off a little something over the holidays and the husband said "Holy cow, Kimi, you look like a high school teenager! You are so tiny and fit!" John keeps reminding me of that as I fret over the stupid pound.

John is making whole wheat pasta and artichokes for dinner. Smells yummy. I''d better knock out this discussion question for school so I can go enjoy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister and I went to the gym and did 20 mins on the bike and then muscle hour. It was fun to workout together and it was fun for her to meet some of my gym friends. I have a huge sweet tooth lately and it is driving me nuts!!!! Any suggestions??

Our moutains are snow capped and they look so beautiful!
30.gif

PHXG get better, it is no fun being sick. I love New Orleans; we went a few years back ago for my birthday too! What a nice birthday present! We stayed at Le Pavillion which was cute because at 10pm they served pbj sandwiches and hot cocoa. I loved loved loved Bacco's owned by the Brennan Family who owns Commander's Palace but it was a hidden gem for fine Italian dining; I wish I could eat there now, lol!

Hey Steph and Lorelei and Mara, my hubby is the same when it comes to losing weight; too bad it isn't as easy for woman as men.

Kimi, that stinkin lb will fall off soon!

CrownJewel, you are so pretty and your pics are wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing! It looks like a dream; I am dying to go there since my great granda is from there!! I agree it is a pain that the dollar is so weak! How is the knee?

SDL, slow and steady wins the race; I always forget that but it is soo true.
1.gif

LadyP, hope you find an apt soon! I hope Kris's knee gets better soon!

Rod, I saw people on the ellip and thought of you. hehee Hope your workout was great!

Jas and DeeJay, hey, I miss you cuties!

Marcy, hey there!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again. I had a really good session with the trainer today, so I just had to report in. We started at 7:05 and went until 8:10, so I DID get my hour and we started *almost* on time. It was a good, strenuous workout!! Yay! I think she's finally understanding me. We were doing some arm work on the cable machine, and she was trying to figure out how much resistance to put on. She said, "well we'll start there and then knowing you, we'll have to increase it." I was like "YEAH!"

LadyPirate, your hubby is 6'7", broad shouldered and 145 pounds?! Wow. When my 6'0" large-boned FI was really skinny he was 175. Your hubby must be super skinny! I think you are right on to do more cooking at home. You never know WHAT is in the delicious foods at restaurants. And nothing beats cooking your own veggies. Restaurants often make veggies too soggy, or they make them in butter, and that's always disappointing. I love a basic spray of olive oil, salt, pepper and a quick roast in the oven so that they stay crispy. YUM.

BTW marcy, I scanned through the thread from Christmas week and I saw your progress photos. Wow wow WOW!!!! You have worked hard and the results are amazing. Congrats!

Phoenixgirl, I read the post about your friend's eating disorder. My sister's best friend had an eating disorder of some sort...and see what Jas meant about it being a form of perfectionism and control. My sister just kept calling regularly and showing her concern. I think that was really helpful. A good friend of mine is now dating the girl and they seem really happy. She looks great, and most importantly, she says she feels great.

ETA: oops we posted at the same time Skippy. Thanks for your cute note! Knee feels and looks totally fine. I am actually wondering about YOUR knee! Whatever happened to the MRI report?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 9:42:28 PM

ETA: oops we posted at the same time Skippy. Thanks for your cute note! Knee feels and looks totally fine. I am actually wondering about YOUR knee! Whatever happened to the MRI report?
Crown, my knee is good thanks for asking; I am taking Glucosamine and doing my physical therapy exercises. I need to get around making another appt but I have been lazy about that because the place I went to no longer takes my insurance
40.gif
According to the MRI there is a little bit of tissue softening so I need to strengthen the muscles around the knee which is good news. I am trying to just walk or bike; no more step aerobics for me. hehe

Glad your knees are good, great news!! Sorry that happened during your trip

I meant to ask everyone if they have seen Valerie Bertinellil? She looks great and she lost 40 lbs; I think is so adorable!
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 9:42:28 PM
LadyPirate, your hubby is 6''7'', broad shouldered and 145 pounds?! Wow. When my 6''0'' large-boned FI was really skinny he was 175. Your hubby must be super skinny!

LOL--I meant 245-255! Geez--if he was 145, he would barely exist! Sorry for the typo. As for cooking at home, it is SO much better. We make risottos at home with olive oil and home-made chicken broth and they are SO good and way healthier than what you''d get at an Italian restaurant. I do confess to loving browned butter and sage on ravioli though...yum!

Steph, I realized I never answered your question. When I was actually at my ideal weight, it was much less about the actual number and more about how I felt. Now that I''m not at that, I definitely notice a difference in my energy level.

Skippy, thanks for the well-wishes! I''m glad your knee is better!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lot''s of posts today, so if I miss anyone, my apologies as it''s already 11 PM and I need to get to bed.

CJ, the pics are beautiful!! Thanks for posting them. I''d love to go there as long as I don''t have to do anything physical in the snow. Look at it, sure, touch it, no. LOL

Phoenix, I''m sorry you caught the flu. I''m a BIG BIG BIG believer in getting flu shots. I''ve gotten one the last 7 or more years and haven''t been hit with it in that time since!! Feel better soon.

Kimberly fretting about ONE MEASLY POUND?? You know you don''t have anything to worry about there!

Jeff, I''m not sure you''ll see this as you posted about your Jujitsu session in last week''s thread, but I''m glad to see you are back at it and hope you''re having a great beginning to the New Year! Please don''t be a stranger and remember as the only other guy here, you''re supposed to keep me company!!

Steph, on the weight question, I''m not sure I can offer much. I''m still not sure if I have reached the ideal weight and often think that maybe I should lose about 10 more pounds. I am 5'' 9.5" and as of this morning (yes, the scale god''s were smiling on me), I weighed 173 pounds. My body fat is hovering in the 15 % range and my BMI is great - so, I''m not sure if losing any more weight will help me. But, I do think I still have some fat that won''t go away. Which may be nothing more than being a 53 year old man?? When I started my "Rebuild Rod" campaign, I truly had no idea my journey would be so dramatic. As a matter of fact, the sales guy who sold us our membership at the gym commented that of all the people he has sold memberships to, he would have bet the farm that we would have been one time visitors, never to have been seen again. Low and behold, my transformation is a poster on the gym wall, and we go the gym no less than 5 times a week.

I''m glad you and your sister enjoyed your time at the gym Sklppy and I''m betting the snow capped mountain tops are just beautiful!! Thanks for thinking about me on the elliptical Skippy. When I was on it tonight, this guy was next to me and he tried to speak, but was breathing so hard, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. I actually think he was trying to keep up with me, which at 94 RPM isn''t so easy, so I was worried about him, but he finally slow his pace and was breathing a bit better.

CJ, I believe you asked if I had called the Whirlpool repairman, but the washer that died was a GE Profile and is a huge piece of doo doo, IMHO, so we didn''t want to have it fixed. We will be taking delivery tomorrow morning of a brand new Whirlpool Duet Sport washer and dryer. We had the Duet in our house before the condo and absolutely loved them. Since we do laundry virtually ever night after the gym, this will save time and money for us ultimately.

Another super long day at work, but they all seem to be long these days. I didn''t get to the gym until 6:30 and I''m not sure what gave me so much energy, but I was really energized tonight and all of the sudden it was just about 9 PM before I got off the elliptical. I must have accomplished something, I''m a bit sore right now!!
That''s about all I have on my side, so sleep well all my PS friends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I tried out our treadmill tonight. I walked 1.5 miles on it and didn’t fall off or anything. Yippee! My husband had to go back to work so he made sure I knew how to shut it off if I had too. How exciting to use a treadmill. I sure hope it doesn’t bother my knees.
3.gif

I picked up some groceries tonight and found some whole wheat bagels for 120 calories (yes they are small) but of course the best part of bagels is the cream cheese. I was out of slow churned so that meant I had to go shopping. Ha Ha.
Kimi, I hope your day of observing went well. I am sure your extra pound is nothing more than water; it’ll be gone in no time. What a nice compliment to receive about how tiny and fit you are.
Mara, I picked up the People magazine tonight but haven’t read it yet. I am glad to hear Portia seems to be feeling better. I’ve tried the Clementine oranges and they are really good. That is marvelous you weighed less than before Christmas. I can’t wait to find my body’s happy place; you are doing so well with your happy place.
Jeff, I am glad you are feeling great. Enjoy your jujitsu classes.
Monnie, I know what you mean about connecting with this group. I don’t think I’d like going to meetings but I look forward to seeing what everyone is doing and really appreciate all the tips and support I get from everyone here.
Lorelei, good idea to explore our husband’s eating habits. My husband loves salty foods, never seems to be full and has no concept of portion control. He’ll bring a bag of chips in to the living room and eat the whole thing. He can easily loose weight too. He golfs in the summer and drops weight just from the extra walking.
Steph, I cut out cokes too but I sure miss them. I wish it was that easy for us to drop 10 pounds.
PhoenixGirl, sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Your trip to New Orleans sounds like a marvelous time. Yeah for your husband joining a gym. I’m like you I’d rather workout at home or in my case – go for a nice walk.
CrownJewel, I am glad to hear you had a good session with your trainer. Thanks for explaining the deal on the watches. I can’t remember what brand my husband wants to now but I’ll ask him when he gets home. He is always showing me pictures of watches he finds online many of them in the thousands to 10’s of thousands of dollars. He never says a word about my jewelry so I don’t say a word about his watches. Your pictures are beautiful! What a great view. Thanks for the kind words about my progress; the change is constantly amazing me.
SDL, wouldn’t it be nice if the weight came off 10 pounds at a time? Slow and steady does win the race though.
Ladypirate, a place with a gym and within walking distance of the jewelry district sounds absolutely “ideal” for you.
Skippy, yeah for beautiful snow capped mountains and having a nice time working out with your sister. I am glad your knee is doing good. VB did an amazing job at loosing her weight.
Rod, that is funny to hear the sales guy at the gym figured you and Charlie would be short timers. He was so wrong! Of course, there is no way I’d ever have predicted I would get to where I am now. Yeah for such a long workout tonight.

Well, I am yawning and cold so I’m going to bed.
Have sweet dreams and I’ll check in tomorrow.
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol ladypirate, i figured you meant 245 instead of 145, i was like wow he is made of vapors! hehehe. oh and what are hot chocolate butterflies???

hehe kimi you keep that stinky lb over on your end! you are much better at getting them off than i am hehe.

jeff great to see you around! happy new year!

crown jewel, great pictures!!

marcy, you will find your happy place, but you are still losing so i wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. it was when i had reached my goal and was like 'hmm what now' that i kind of had to really figure out where to go from there on maintenance. it was actually somewhat tough and took a while.

skip sorry to hear you are snackie, maybe you want to crunch on something? 100 cal popcorn would fill you up and satisfy the crunching need. you could do 100 cal kettle corn if you want a sweet flavor.

so last nite greg was feeling like he was getting sick and then this morning he was definitely sick...today at work i started feeling a bit under the weather so i came home early and worked from home...and took a nap. i feel better now after taking a bunch of echinacea. hopefully tomorrow i'll feel fine, don't really want to get sick!!

today was a workout day so i'll sub tomorrow instead. eating was pretty typical today, breakfast egg whites and muffin; sugar free oatmeal (i love this stuff, it's mc canns and i found it at a local store but they don't carry it anymore so i just ordered a few boxes online, it's 100 cals per packet, 4g protein, 3g fiber, has splenda, but actually tastes really good and fills me up big time); a 100 cal balance bar. ate lunch late since i came home and got a salad from this yummy local place that had grilled chicken, corn, black beans, some chips, lots of romaine and some parm cheese. it comes with a creamy spicy ranch dressing so i took about a tablespoon of that and mixed it with tj's 25 cal ff balsamic so that it was more healthy but still lots of flavor. then for dinner we weren't sure what we wanted to eat since we were lazy and sickly, so i just made organic mac and cheese with ff milk and light butter and romaine salads for us with apples and bleu cheese. cuties for dessert. i also found my one last pb choco chip cookie that i made for xmas in the pantry, i must have put it in there while cleaning, it's sealed but i am like do i want to save it? hehee. i loved that recipe. definitely making them again!

i have been a little light on eating the last few days but i figure it's okay after all the christmas gorging that went on!
2.gif
plus it feels good to be back on more of a normal weekly schedule again. though i would gladly take another week or two off hehehe.

is anyone watching biggest loser, couple edition? it's kind of good motivation when you watch that...especially when you are thinking about snacking lol! oh and other random note, has anyone else tried the Betty Crocker 150 cal desserts that come in little cups? they are like 'molten chocolate cake' and you warm them up, i guess in the microwave and are supposedly quite good. i picked up a few recently and keep forgetting i have them. haven't tried them yet.

nite all!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:17:11 PM
Lorelei, it''s great to hear you had a good jujitsu session! I''ve always wanted to try some form of martial arts, mostly because those who practice it regularly are such amazing people. I like their stories of discipline, strength, and respect. So cool!
Pttth. In my previous post I neglected to see that Lorelei posted about Jeff''s jujitsu session. Sorry! And I thought I was detail oriented. Jeff where are you?!!

No workout this morning because I''m still recovering from last night''s workout. I think I''ll aim for a lunchtime walk.

LadyPirate, I was hoping you meant 245! Haha.

Rod, that''s so great that your "Rebuild Rod" project is a poster on your gym wall! I always look through those posters at the gyms that I go to for inspiration.

Kimberly, I think I just acquired your one pound... Ooops. I guess all that cheese and chocolate caught up with me.

Haha Marcy, glad you didn''t fall off the treadmill. I''m always fearful that I will fall off...I''m not very good at walking or running in a straight line. Do you have knee problems? Is that why you are afraid of the treadmill bothering them? Just stay away from running on it!

Skippy I did see a commercial with Valerie Bertinelli recently (I don''t even know where...we don''t have TV in our apt). She looks great! Good to hear that your knee is ok. The trainer had me do single leg squats to see how stable my knees are after falling down the mountains. Apparently my left knee was wobbling all over the place! So I have to strengthen those muscles too.

Mara, I hope you don''t get sick too! Have you seen "sunchokes" at trader joe''s? FI''s mom bought us a package of sunchokes from there and they look like ginger roots, but they are supposed to taste like artichoke hearts, which I LOVE. I haven''t tried them yet...maybe tonight.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2008 8:22:50 AM

Date: 1/8/2008 12:17:11 PM
No worries CJ, it was hard to read the post!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Skip, I hope you''re feeling less snacky today. It can be hard sometimes! I''m so glad to be back in work/school routine. Too much idle time is bad for me.

Mara, I think I''m gonna have to mail the lb to you. FedEx overnight. I hope you don''t get sick!

CJ, I checked this morning, it''s still there, someone else gave you theirs, so sorry!

Marcy, how great you used the treadmill. Another amazing Marcy feat!

I''m sitting in my office listening to an owl outside my window, he lives in our neighbors'' avacado tree, right behind our house. I haven''t been up as early as I was in some time, and I missed him, he is gorgeous and he just sounds so peaceful this morning. Point being, I''m going back to work today, yay. I am going to the school where I spend most of my time and I am so excited to see my kiddos! I''ve missed them very much. I should start student teaching in the next month and when that happens I won''t get to see them for a long time as my credential is in elementary not special education I have to student teach in a general ed classroom, obviously. I really like the teacher and room where I''ll most likely end up, but I am really going to miss being with my kids.

I have two projects due this weekend for school that I need to get done, one is a group project that needs edited, so I''m not sure what the after school plan will be. If I don''t get a workout in today I will tomorrow as I''m only working 1/2 day.

Will check back in this afternoon/evening.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I think I''m gonna have to mail the lb to you. FedEx overnight. I hope you don''t get sick!

Hehehe!!! Kimmy I am not giving you my address then as I don''t want it!!
31.gif

Had a good workout on my treddy last night, so far it seems to be working ok after the great pants treadmill debacle.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results