shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th Nov till 11th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
Evening WWTr''s! I had sort of a bizarre day...I got to work after my super early orthodontist appt. and walked into sort of a disaster zone! The ceiling in the middle room of the building had buckled under water and fallen onto the floor, there was quite a mess. We are on the first floor of a pretty old 3 story building and we still don''t know if a pipe burst above us or what, really. We had a company come in and pull up the carpet back there and set up huge water sucking type fan things, and then the ceiling will be repaired when everything dries out and they get to the root of the problem. We also have a new hire we''re training, and the owner is on vacation out of state this week, so all those things together made for a very atypical work day! I was somewhat exhausted by the time I made it home tonight, and the fact that DST set in this past weekend and it''s suddenly dark when I drive home now just made things even stranger. I certainly did not feel like working out tonight, but I did come home and get 3 loads of laundry done, then cleaned the kitchen and living room top to bottom, so I''m thinking an actual workout will just have to wait.
20.gif
9.gif

Lorelei, I forgot you played piano...wish you would''ve "made a joyful noise unto the Lord" in that church! I don''t think the higher power would''ve minded a little Beethoven at all, hee hee. I am a pianist myself, started at age 6 and had lessons through high school, then suffered through a hiatus until we moved into our house 3.5 years ago and bought a piano as one of our first pieces of "furniture!" I don''t play too often, but every now and then I get some new sheet music and go on a tear, lol. It''s a great arm workout as well, plus it does nothing but great things for your posture and back muscles, so not only do you get pleasure in the musical sense, but it''s good for your body too!

Skippy, darn those pesky last details of finishing a project! Your window treatment will be done in no time, I bet it''s fabulous and can''t wait to see it!

Mara, your pilates session sounds great and now I am craving grilled cheese and tomato soup...wow I really need to go grocery shopping and get all those fixin''s so I can surprise DH this weekend with some good old comfort foods, I can''t wait!

Rod, sorry you didn''t feel like working out tonight, it''s hard sometimes after a long tiring day at work to get into workout mode, believe me I know, and too bad the gym was so packed! Great to hear you''re developing a six pack, how exciting is that!

I know I''ve missed some greetings here, I apologize...but kudos to all of you and keep up the great work! I hope to have a better workout report tomorrow night, sorry I don''t have more input these days on that front!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monnie, greg loves grilled cheese and tomato soup...i am not a fan of regular tomato soup but i love the roasted red pepper tomato soup from TJ's in the rectangle boxes...so that is what we have when i make that for us. tasty!

rod, glad you had a fabulous evening at the gym despite your initial mood. i am loving the core work for sure!

marcy, your day sounds nice and regimented hehee. i love days like that where everything goes smoothly with food choices, its so much more mentally easy.

mrs salvo, yay for a good walk with zoe! keep it up you fit preggo woman. skip, good for you on housecleaning...what a way to stay busy and it does burn cals too.

had a good day today...i'm traveling from thurs to saturday so just wrapping things up for the week. a new team mate starts tomorrow and she's actually one of my good friends...i referred her into my company and she was hired! so it will be nice to work with her again, we worked together 8 years ago and became great friends since then, she went to our wedding, i helped her choose her engagement ring, etc. so it'll be interesting having someone so entrenched in my personal life at work but i think it'll be fun as well. she has a slightly different path at work than the rest of my team does, so she's kind of a peripheral team mate but she's still technically part of the team. so i'll get her all setup at work tomorrow and then my team mates will take good care of her the rest of the week.

had a great workout tonite...my girlfriend met me at work and we went to the gym. i did 25 min on the ellipitical with interval training, and then did a combo circuit of jump rope, abs, and 2-3 exercises targeting legs. then we went out and caught dinner since her bf is out of town and greg had rehearsal. we had dinner at a great singaporean restaurant, a roti/bread shared and a taro nest of shrimp, mushrooms, snow peas and carrots. verra tasty! lots of water. came home, showered up...started packing for my trip, and had some 0% fage with splenda and better n'peanut butter for some proteiny dessert. didn't feel like i got enough protein at dinner.

anyhow hope everyone had a great day and evening, time for me to veg out a bit on the couch before bed. i feel like a cold is trying to get me so i am fighting it so i don't get sick before my trip! nite all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe Monnie and Kimmy - I should indeed have made a ' joyful noise unto the Lord 'and as one of my fave pieces to play at the moment is Barry Manilow's Could it be Magic, it might have made a change!! I could have played that instead of Sonata Pathetique!!!
31.gif
Rod, it is so incredible even for me as a Brit to be standing in a church which was built in the 13th century!! Hubby and I were married in a church even older than that!

Marcy, you enjoy your well deserved compliments!! I bet you would still be able to read music, I think it is one of those things you can pick up again pretty quickly.

I think I will take the day off from working out today, I feel my hips are adjusting to the treadmill, that was an hour on the treddy the night before last, then an hours walk the following morning, so I feel I have hit my limit for the time being, I will do some more tomorrow.

Hahaha!!! Mara I just noticed your new siggy!!
9.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone, and thanks to all who''ve inquired about me. Still buried in a pile of papers and anxiety, which is not as fun as a treadmill. It''s been a rough two weeks. Amazing how the effects of not working out and stress so quickly wreak havoc on me. There no wiggle room¡ -- if I put on a pound (ahem, or three) due to eating salt it doesn''t just come right off the next few days no matter how much water I drink. It stays on there for at least a week.

This morning, once again I am at my high, despite healthy eating. It''s as though this entire last year was wiped off the map. I am frustrated. I know, logically, the reasons, and I know my own aggravation is due to the fact that I am just unable to work out except on weekends, which is not ideal. I already wake up at 4:30 and I work straight through until bedtime (11 or 12). I do try to sneak in a walk at lunch or a pushup here and there, but invariably a student needs assistance or there is a meeting to attend or lessons to plan or a pipe bursts in the house or I fall asleep (I fell asleep on the bowflex yesterday! Don''t worry, I wasn''t holding the weights, I just lay on the bench between exercises and then suddenly it was 45 minutes later!

Therefore I feel like don''t have anything to post in this thread, at least not until this job is over, because I feel like the anti-exerciser (the exorcist?) and quite frankly, my own posts are tedious to me "Wah wah wah, can''t work out, putting on weight, blah blah blah." I know it''s whiney and full of excuses (albeit, in my mind, legitimate ones! Sleep takes precedence over workout).

That''s why it''s been all quiet on the JAS front. This was very tough to write. I miss the excitement of sharing a good workout or fitting into my pants without a crowbar. But I''m still around! I just don''t want to be in on a discussion when I''ve contributed nothing at all to the group progress, never mind my own progress. However, I can contribute to the thread by supporting all of you and staying inspired by your progress. But I will cheerlead for y''all for the next few weeks! Loud and clear!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 7:06:57 AM
Author: jas

Good morning everyone, and thanks to all who''ve inquired about me. Still buried in a pile of papers and anxiety, which is not as fun as a treadmill. It''s been a rough two weeks. Amazing how the effects of not working out and stress so quickly wreak havoc on me. There no wiggle room¡ -- if I put on a pound (ahem, or three) due to eating salt it doesn''t just come right off the next few days no matter how much water I drink. It stays on there for at least a week.

This morning, once again I am at my high, despite healthy eating. It''s as though this entire last year was wiped off the map. I am frustrated. I know, logically, the reasons, and I know my own aggravation is due to the fact that I am just unable to work out except on weekends, which is not ideal. I already wake up at 4:30 and I work straight through until bedtime (11 or 12). I do try to sneak in a walk at lunch or a pushup here and there, but invariably a student needs assistance or there is a meeting to attend or lessons to plan or a pipe bursts in the house or I fall asleep (I fell asleep on the bowflex yesterday! Don''t worry, I wasn''t holding the weights, I just lay on the bench between exercises and then suddenly it was 45 minutes later!

Therefore I feel like don''t have anything to post in this thread, at least not until this job is over, because I feel like the anti-exerciser (the exorcist?) and quite frankly, my own posts are tedious to me ''Wah wah wah, can''t work out, putting on weight, blah blah blah.'' I know it''s whiney and full of excuses (albeit, in my mind, legitimate ones! Sleep takes precedence over workout).

That''s why it''s been all quiet on the JAS front. This was very tough to write. I miss the excitement of sharing a good workout or fitting into my pants without a crowbar. But I''m still around! I just don''t want to be in on a discussion when I''ve contributed nothing at all to the group progress, never mind my own progress. However, I can contribute to the thread by supporting all of you and staying inspired by your progress. But I will cheerlead for y''all for the next few weeks! Loud and clear!
Jas Jas JAS!!! You post as and when and how you want, you know there are no rules here! You are part of Team WWT and sometimes life intrudes and you can''t eat or workout as you want for a while. But there is no reason why you can''t post and contribute exactly how you want, you are always welcome my dear, as is anyone who finds it easier to post sporadically or pop in and out of the thread!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 7:15:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 11/7/2007 7:06:57 AM
Author: jas

Therefore I feel like don''t have anything to post in this thread, at least not until this job is over, because I feel like the anti-exerciser (the exorcist?) and quite frankly, my own posts are tedious to me ''Wah wah wah, can''t work out, putting on weight, blah blah blah.'' I know it''s whiney and full of excuses (albeit, in my mind, legitimate ones! Sleep takes precedence over workout).

Jas Jas JAS!!! You post as and when and how you want, you know there are no rules here! You are part of Team WWT and sometimes life intrudes and you can''t eat or workout as you want for a while. But there is no reason why you can''t post and contribute exactly how you want, you are always welcome my dear, as is anyone who finds it easier to post sporadically or pop in and out of the thread!
Oops, I should have written, "I haven''t wanted to..." sorry. I realize the silly error of my ways and of my English. You are so nice, Lorelei!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Jas, I prefer you''d post than not, no matter your exercise or lack thereof.

DeeJay, where are you?

Lorelei, Barry and a 13th century church just don''t gel in my mind. My mom once said to my dad and I, very seriously, "I like classic rock, I listen to Barry Manilow!" She''ll never live that down.

So it''s Wednesday Weigh In and the scale reads 126.8 this morning. How nice. It makes me wonder if I''m not eating enough when life is normal.

I''m off to see my kidlets, hooray!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 9:11:23 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

Jas, I prefer you''d post than not, no matter your exercise or lack thereof.

DeeJay, where are you?

Lorelei, Barry and a 13th century church just don''t gel in my mind. My mom once said to my dad and I, very seriously, ''I like classic rock, I listen to Barry Manilow!'' She''ll never live that down.

So it''s Wednesday Weigh In and the scale reads 126.8 this morning. How nice. It makes me wonder if I''m not eating enough when life is normal.

I''m off to see my kidlets, hooray!

giggle.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jassie, I just want you to feel comfortable however you feel like contributing!!
emrose.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, there are times I don''t really have anything to contribute here either. especially since i''m gaining weight instead of losing, although for a super great cause, so I understand how you feel. I for one love reading your posts, your humor makes me laugh and i know things are very hard for you now, you are still apart of team WWT like lorelei said and I for one hope you continue to pop in and update us when you can, whether you''re working out or not.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone....just checking in. Hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday. Adam has been traveling like a crazy man for work, so he went in late today. I made the boys some strawberry pancakes and I had 1 with my cereal...they are sooo good, could have eaten like 3 or 4 but had some self control. Then I went on a long run while he entertained Andrew. The weather is amazing here, so it was nice to get outdoors to enjoy it. The lunch was a lean cuisine spa meal. I just got back from the store and picked up ingredients for taco soup which is super fast and yummy and really low fat/low cals. I will probably make a healthy grilled cheese since Mara''s sounded so good! I did share the last birthday cupcake with Andrew after lunch. I am sooo glad they are out of the house so I won''t be tempted. I only had 1 whole one, but I would have a bite here and there when Andrew had one. Anyway, that is about all I can think of. Hope everyone is doing well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Jas! I totally miss you when you aren''t around; your posts always make me laugh!

Mara, have a safe trip tomorrow! You are totally making me want an oooie gooy grilled cheese.
11.gif
Yay for working out w/a friend and your friend joining your co!

Lorelei, I so love England. I loved peoples gardens and how green it was an how amazing all the old buildings and churches are and all the history! Totally cool! Hope your hip is better soon!

Kimberly, you are such a gem, seriously! I love the picture and I am a picture lover. hehee Yay for weight lose!!!! You might not be eating enough, interesting.

Hey Mrs. did you get to walk w/supermom today? I bet you are super mom too but just too modest. I enjoy reading your posts too!

Yay for a run Steph!

Monnie, are you knitting any holiday gifts? That is super cool you play the piano too; someday I will learn but I need to learn to sew now. hehe

Rod, I love my parents so very much and they always are thinking of me so I was super duper happy to return a nice favor to them. Now I have to mop my floor. I feel the same way as you when I walk into a building that is hundreds of years old; it gives me chills and puts me in awe! Glad you got your favorite elliptical! Yay. Rod, whooo hooo for the six pack, hot rod bod. hehee

Marcy, yay for turning into a walking machine!!!

Sharon and DeeJay, how are the knees??

Walked 4 miles.
9.gif
It is a gorgeous day in the Land of Enchantment!!! I bought a bunch of frozen chicken breasts yesterday and don''t know what to do with them. Any healthy chicken recipes???? Hope everyone has a lovely day!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thanks guys.

So, in light of just posting to keep the mood up --

We are doing a sort of mid-term program at the school where the kids do community service or other types of experiential learning for a week. Another teacher and I were assigned to the Second City group...Second City provides 2 hours of training a day and then the other teacher and I entertain the children for the other four hours.

So today, we all had the "music" training (i.e. How does Wayne Brady do that?) So, we played a warm up game called "Up Your Butt."

No joke. Already when the guy announces the title, I''m thinking that this is probably not a good idea, but since it''s mostly high school seniors, and Second City people are not going to make me lose my job, it''s ok.

The purpose of the game is that the group set a rhythm, then for person A to say a line...any line...and the whole group then adds "up your butt" -- person B has to rhyme their line to person A''s line and then we add "up your butt." It''s a rhyming thing. With butts involved.

Silly and fabulous. So we start:

There''s a shoe...up your butt
Near a canoe...up your butt

The kids were pretty tame

SOOOO, The teacher next to me (she''s right before me in the process) says, "Let''s try something new...up your butt."

Which of course makes the kids dissolve into hysterics. And I get to follow up after her! (I won''t share because it was so lame and no one heard it anyway.)

Thank you. I encourage you to try that in your next performance evaluation at work.

And to all of those I offended, I am sorry. I think I need therapy now. Please, PS Administrators, I am not trying to get kicked off. Promise.

But now, honestly, I''m thinking I''m going to enroll in their classes once this school job is done.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Sorry for being MIA--I am suddenly so ridiculously busy it's not even funny (NOTE: I AM NOT COMPLAINING!). I was suppsed to work out today but I got sidetracked taking new laptop back and forth to the IT guy TWICE* and now I don't have time to work out and and shower and be ready for my meeting tonight. (*For some reason he switched my e-mail froma web based application to Outlook, but I had him switch it back because that way I can get my e-mail from any computer, and now the damn thing is SO SLOW... So once agian tomorrow it goes back to the IT man. Argh.)

On the food front I've been pretty good and the scale has rewarded me a little. That scale is a fickle creature though so I'm not counting on it to continue.

We have a black tie even on Saturday and I just spent an hour trying on all my black tie sort of clothes. I was really dreading it but miraculously all of them fit so I have a choice of what to wear! (Well, OK, one pair of black velvet pants is a *smidge* tight, but I would wear panty house with those anyway.)

JAS - you're not going to the Black and White Ball by any chance are you?

Have to go now and try to get a super quick nap in before the homeowner's meeting tonight. I realized last month after going to my first meeting since we moved into this complex over two years ago that I have to go and keep up with what's going on. We have a special assessment to the tune of $10-20K per townhouse coming down the pike to rebuilt all of our decks. That was enough of a wake up call for me to make sure I get to these meetings!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, supermom and I walked a whopping 6 miles today
36.gif
36.gif
we put the kids in the stoller, loaded them up with a few snacks and were off. it was so great and fun and we''re going to try to do the long walk 2x a week with a shorter 3 mile walk one day, then i do my sat. hike with my other gal pals so i should be able to stay pretty fit if i can keep it up which makes me excited. i just love having a buddy to help motivate me and it helps the time go faster and is so much more fun having someone to chat with. yay for you and your walk too...

jas, my step-daughter is a few years away from college but is totally thinking about the Chicago area because of Second City. She wants to be apart of so badly. that game sounds hilarious, i can''t imagine what it was like while it was going on live and in person.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowwe Mrs 6 miles!!!!! that is awesome!
36.gif

DeeJay, yay for losing weight!!! Yay for the ball and a good cause! Dang to the computer being slow; hope they get it fixed!

I got on the scale and I am the same.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
That''s okay Skippy....being the same is better than gaining
1.gif
I seem to just being gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, these last 10 pounds are coming off verrryyy slowly for me. How much more do you want to lose? You look great in your pics!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 6:28:20 PM
Author: steph72276
That's okay Skippy....being the same is better than gaining
1.gif
I seem to just being gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, these last 10 pounds are coming off verrryyy slowly for me. How much more do you want to lose? You look great in your pics!
Steph, very true. Well my mil passed away and I had some other stress thown in this sumer so I gained 10 lbs on top of the 20 I needed to lose. So I lost the 10 I gained. I would say I need to lose approx 20 lbs to get me to 135 (my goal) I can't believe I posted that. The holiday's coming up have me nervous about that since my family are wonderful cooks! Then my bday is coming up next month and same w/my sisters bday. Thanks for the sweet words but my pics in my who's who I think I needed to lose 10 lbs. hehe How about you? I think you look great too! You must be close!
If people don't mind sharing how much they want to lose???? I am just focused on 1 lb at a time or else then is when I get stuck.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your mil, Skippy....I am def. a stress eater too. I have 10 more to go. I also want to be at 135...that is where I was at in college and I think I look my best at that weight. I am 5''6, and am a size 4 pants at that weight, so if I drop below that I start looking sickly. I have kind of come to a standstill here recently, but I know I am doing my best and eating right and working out....anything more would not be something I could keep up with long term, so I''m just going to keep doing what I''m doing and maybe the last of the weight will come off...if not, at least I know I am living a healthy lifestyle and not on some crazy crash diet I can''t keep up with!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon Everyone!

What a fantastic day! My favorite kiddo was so excited to see me he turned in circles, jumped up and down, and then fell to the ground all with a huge smile on his face. I almost joined him I was so glad to be back.

Now I''m working on school.

I''m making chicky pot pies for dinner and that''s my story. Oh, I just ate some Chile Lime potato chips, definitely not on my healthy eating plan but I came home so hungry, 2 weeks of not running around after my kiddos left me out of practice, for sure!

Skip, I''m so glad you liked the picture, I knew you would.

Lorelei, next time you go by the church you must play a little Barry, just so you can tell me about it.

Stephanie, those cupcakes sound DELICIOUS! Glad they''re gone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum kimi chicken pot pies!!! skip, yay for staying the same at least, better than gaining for sure! jas, your story was pretty funny...lol re therapy. gotta love work.

happy wed all. i am just finishing up some stuff at work before taking off. i'm going to hit the work gym for a run/walk and arms today and then i am meeting travelinggal for dinner...can't wait to see her again and giggle at her cute preggo belly. then i have to finish packing and get ready for my WAYTOOEARLY flight tomorrow (6am).

eating today has been pretty typical. egg white omelet and 1/2 fiber wrap for breakkie. gnu fiber bar for snack. turkey, cheese, avocado, tomato sandwich for lunch on a yummy crunchy bread i only ate 1/2 of. pickle. then a light raspberry mocha frapp for snackie, yummy!! and a mini charleston chew candy. now i feel like i need to drink a ton of water, don't know why i am so thirsty!!! dinner will most likely be a salad with chicken on it when i meet up with TG.

anyhow, hope everyone is having a great day!!! and yes i highly advocate everyone eating grilled cheese sammies. you can make them healthy, that is how we do them. light butter in the pan, high fiber wheat bread, 2% american cheese slices (or 2% cheddar or TJ's has a light jarlsberg that is 7g protein and 50 cals per slice!) and you've got yourself a ton of protein and some fiber for not too many cals. YUM. enjoy all!

oh and ETA...in terms of losing weight..i'm really just maintaining at this point yet trying to build more muscle and burn a little more fat. so i don't really expect my weight to change...but i am hoping my bf is going down a bit. last time it was 23% but i am aiming more for 21%. right now i am 5'7" and 137 (my 2-3 lbs of vacation weight already came off, yay!) and feel really good about how i look visually. i fit into size 4 clothes for the most part... but depends on designer, some are 6 and some are 2.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 4:57:25 PM
Author: Skippy123

Sharon and DeeJay, how are the knees??

Walked 4 miles.
9.gif
It is a gorgeous day in the Land of Enchantment!!! I bought a bunch of frozen chicken breasts yesterday and don''t know what to do with them. Any healthy chicken recipes???? Hope everyone has a lovely day!
HI:

Reading about everyone''s activity makes me sad--my knee is still sore. Wore a tensor for part of the day, not that it helped. WTH???? But I believe the butter chicken and other INdian food I had for lunch has medicinal qualities.....
18.gif

Good for all you exercisers out there!!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All,

Jas: Know what we''ll do to you if you drop off the WWT? We''ll kick you........"UP YOUR BUTT!" Don''t you dare drop out girl. You''re family and we''re hear for our family during the good and the not so good times.

Wow for a 6 mile walk with Supermom, Mrssalvo!!

How terrific that your favorite kid was SO excited to see you Kimberly!! That must have made you feel so good.

Mara, your food descriptions always make things sound so terrific!! How nice you had a workout partner at the gym. I find it really motivational to have someone (Charlie) to work out with.

Glad your life is so busy in a good way DeeJay. I''m sure you''ll find time to workout again soon!

Must have been quite a mess to deal with at work Monnie. I agree that the time change throws my clock off too!

Speaking of.......I had a Rod didn''t sleep night again last night. I wish I knew what happens that I can''t go to sleep. There really wasn''t anything more stressful yesterday. I just tossed and turned and didn''t get any sleep till well after 4 AM. Still, I got up on time and worked hard all day.

Charlie decided to skip the gym tonight. Instead, he''s got a lot of Paid Time Off (PTO) to use by the end of the year or lose the time, so he''s going to take 1/2 day tomorrow and Friday and workout in the morning, then come to work.

Since I was so beat, I toyed with not going to the gym, but I decided it might help me be more tired to have a good workout, so I went and I''m glad I did. I won''t bore you with the details, but I worked out hard and actually enjoyed myself. For dinner I had a protein shake, a lean cuisine and my 3 pieces of Lindt dark chocolate, followed by a Fuji apple! The scale wasn''t so nice over the weekend, but this morning it was in a better mood and I haven''t gained any weight. Nor, have I lost any either, but I''m not really trying to lose anymore. If anything, as I continue to build my muscles, my weight is likely to go up, but that''s a good thing.

In our paper this morning was an article stating that the most recent studies show that being up to 25 pounds overweight is not as bad as originally believed. One week, it''s awful to be overweight. The next week, it''s OK to be overweight. I''ve decided it''s not OK for Rod to be overweight and don''t care what the article said.

I am really tired, so if anything I''ve written made no sense, my apologies. I think I will sleep well tonight!

Sweet dreams everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day. I started my day with great news on my scale; I’m down 132 pounds now. Yay.
Kimi, the picture from your house showing the view is nice. I am sure being out of your home for so long with the worries about the fire has been stressful. It’s a good idea for you to take it easy. I ended up with enough new tops that I am wearing a new top each day this week. I’m such a clothes horse now. Tee hee. That is cute your favorite kidlet was so excited to see you today.
Rod, yay for going to the gym anyway and having a great workout. I started different stretches and exercises yesterday to mix it up a bit. I plan on doing the same thing in a little while again tonight. Sorry you didn’t sleep well last night. I didn’t sleep well either because my husband was called in to work at 1:30 am and didn''t get home till 7. I was very relieved to see him as I didn’t relish driving his F250 to work and trying to park it. That is quite a show. Tell Charlie to enjoy his PDO’s. I have the 3 days off before Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas off. I am very excited for that.
Monnie, the ceiling caving in at work sounds awful. What a mess!
Mara, I love soup and grilled cheese; it’s a favorite of mine on a cold, snowy evening. Yes, it was nice have a regimented day yesterday. I was excited to see the scale move down again too. That is great you will be working with a friend. Have a good time on your trip. Yay for being on maintenance and working on reducing your BF.
Lorelei, good idea to take it easy getting back in to your workouts on the TM. I should try playing the piano again some day; I did enjoy it.
Jas, no worries on those extra pounds; they’ll go away. The end of the semester is coming soon; I am excited but I am sure you are A LOT more excited for it to end than I am. Hang in there girl! I am always glad to hear from you no matter what you have to say. You make me laugh.
Hi MrsSalvo. way to go walking for 6 miles today.
Steph, yay for getting out for a nice run in the beautiful weather. Okay, now that someone else is having grilled cheese I know what’s going to be on my menu soon. Mmm, sounds good. I think being within 10 pounds of your goal is great but agonizingly slow because you don’t have a lot to loose. Like you said you are doing everything right to live healthy so I am sure you’ll loose those pounds over time.
Skippy, yay for the 4 mile walk. I walked around school tonight while my students worked on their lab; it is so amazing to me how much I can walk now. I am glad you have a gorgeous day in the Land of Enchantment. Sorry to hear about your MIL. I know what you mean about the holidays with family and good food every where. I am the cookie baker so my family is going to be unhappy they won’t be seeing many of them this year. I was just telling my DH so many people think I’ve lost all the weight I want to loose. I want to loose at least 43 more pounds. I weighed 188.4 this morning. I try to focus on small amounts all the time instead of the big number. I also worry I shouldn’t get that small because of my extra skin; I’ll have to see where I am happy with my results. I can’t believe my goal is only 43 pounds away.
DeeJay, yay for being so busy. That is wonderful the scale rewarded you with some pleasant results. Great news your dressy clothes fit you. Woo hoo! This will be the first Christmas that if I want to go buy something dressy I can actually find something that fits. That will be refreshing.
Sharon, sorry to hear the knee is still sore. I think those tensors make my knees hurt worse. Good luck.
Well, I must get ready for bed and see if I have any papers to grade.
Take care and have a great Thursday.
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Just a quick check in...about to go get ready to take Andrew to soccer practice. I love going b/c it is parent participation since they are so little, so I run and get my exercise too! Last week I wore jeans out there b/c I didn''t think I was going to be running, so today I am wearing some shorts and my hair back and that will be my cardio for the day! I had a Rod kind of night last night...couldn''t sleep for anything...all I did was toss and turn, so I got up and watched a little tv and still didn''t get sleepy. I think I finally went to sleep around 5:30 this morning and Andrew got up at 7:00! I hope he will be worn out after practice and want to take a nap! I hope everyone has a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy cheering Andrew on Steph! Thanks for your sweet words. Hey, you are so close to your goal, kudos. Writing stuff down helps me not yo yo as much (you might already journal your calories and drinking lots of water and eating more fiber if so please ignore me). hehe

Marcy, whoo hooo for walking more and having lost some much! That is way awesome! Thanks for the nice words!

Mrs. Salvo, I saw your pic in the preggo thread and you are sooooo tiny!!! Yay for all the walking; I wish I had a walking buddy. I noticed when I walked w/my cousin I would walk more (she is super busy launching new software so no walking together for now).

Kimi, that is awesome your kiddos were so glad to see you; I bet seeing their cute and happy faces warmed your heart!!! Kids have that effect. hehe Sounds like you had a good dinner!

Rod, sorry you didn't sleep well. Sending good sleep vibes! Yay for working out!

Mara, have a safe trip!

Sharon, dang on the knee; I am going to take a break for my knee. I think I need to start my pt exercises again. Dang those knees.
40.gif

Hey all; I am taking a break today and doing my Physical therapy exercises. I think I am having sympathy pains for Dee and Sharon(not bad but I thought a break would help) . Poor hubby is sick; he slept in the guest room so I don't get sick. Tomorrow is his day off so I hope he sleeps in and gets better. It always makes me upset people go to work sick and then make others sick and it becomes this cycle. I doubt I will get sick since I hardly ever do and it happens 1 time every other year (knock on wood). hehe
I probably will make soup for hubby tonight. Have a wonderful day all and enjoy the beautiful weather in your neck of the woods. hehe
41.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks skippy, you are too sweet. I am trying very hard to keep my weight gain all in my belly and not in all the other places it could easily spread too
32.gif
being short lends itself to adding lbs in the booty and hips when you''re preggo, definitely NOT places I want any extra lbs to go. I''m loving the walking though and it''s great just being outside. I hope you''re cousin can get caught up soon so you have a partner again, it really does make all the difference in the world. i never would have walked 6 miles solo....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ve totally run the exercise train off the track. I run around all day with the kids, come home and focus on school and by the time I''m done I''ve hit a wall. I need to get my butt in gear. I have all weekend and Monday off, so I should be able to get back on track, at least I hope so!
40.gif

John''s making a yummy dinner tonight, butternut squash pasta of some sort.

mrssalvo, something tells me you are an adorable pregnant lady.

Marcy, does the shopping inspire you? I know it did me.

I had someone ask me if I''ve lost more weight today, which I haven''t, but it was nice to hear.

Have a great afternoon all.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey gang, I''m sorry I have been absentee the past few days... this week has been very busy and the upcoming weekend will also be very busy so I will probably not check in again til early next week. I''m also EXTRA sorry that I haven''t posted bling pics yet as promised. My plain 3mm wedding band came and looks great with my e-ring and I''m really enjoying it. It is so much easier to wear than the curved band that I have been complaining about the past 2 yrs :) This weekend I think I will max out my camera''s memory card FORCING me to upload pics (and from there, posting should be relatively easy!) So... hopefully early next week, hope you guys don''t hate me, but work''s been busy, and my leisure time has been super booked up too!

Jas I was really concerned when I read your post about your stressful work hours. I hope you will keep posting here and I hope work gets better soon. I don''t have kids but I have so much respect for you and the others who teach our (nation''s) kids - you work SO hard and I am so appreciative. I hope you can carve out a bit of personal time for yourself soon! Will you have winter break coming up soon?

Anyway just wanted to let you guys know my half marathon went AWESOME, I was faster than I thought and faster than my last one, and most importantly, I had a super time! I wasn''t even expecting that, but I felt great, had a ton of fun, met some nice people, and just had a blast generally. It was among the best 2+ hours I''ve had in a while! I am already pumped for doing another one soon and am thinking a lot about a full marathon. To do that I would need to join a team or club, b/c I just cannot run 20 mile long runs in my neighborhood alone and retain my sanity.

I''ve been mostly on track with eating and got my butt immediately into the gym after just 1 rest day post race (I was SUPER sore and needed the rest). I''m not running this week to give my knees a break, but have been ellipticising, stair mastering, and biking and doing weights. I''[ve been working late and missing my weights class so I did some machines and free weights and made my upper body sore which is great b/c that means it did something. I''ve started taking my cues from Mara''s trainer and doing abs every day focusing on sucking in the core and pushing my back against the floor. I will let you guys know if I see results. The only downside when I do a lot of abs I feel like the muscles build up and push the fat out further
7.gif
I haven''t seen results on the scale in a while but last winter''s clothes are fitting loose, so that''s good. In fact I may sell some size 14 clothes that totally don''t fit anymore that I never even wore! I am a 10/12 now. I will be happy when I get to 8, that''s where I feel like I look best. I was a 6 briefly around my wedding but that was not very sustainable for me. I''m tall with big bones and 8 is a good place for me. Of course, with size inflation, that might be 6 now. I''ll check with how my old clothes fit - I saved some of my best stuff from yrs ago when I was that size.

I''ll be seeing a bunch of old friends this weekend and will have to work HARD to eat right (especially watching my alcohol cals). I''ll let you guys know how I do. We are eating at some expensive places and I find it is often easier to eat right there vs cheaper casual eats - at fine dining, things seem less fatty/carby (depending on what you order) and portions are definitely smaller! And when drinks are more expensive I drink less :)

Anyway I gotta run but hope everyone is having a good and healthy week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay.....Tomorrow's Friday!!

Gail, so glad your half marathon went so well and kudo's for getting back in the gym after only one day of rest! I'm sure you will begin to see differences with core training. I also do core every workout for the first 20 minutes at least. It's made a remarkable difference in my life for sure!

Nice to hear someone thinks you've lost weight Kimberly!! Lord knows with the stress you've had, it wouldn't have been hard to lose weight.

Skippy, I'm sorry hubby is sick. And I agree with you......sick people should not come into an office and make other's sick. One of my interns was coughing so bad last week that I sent her home. Fortunately, none of us caught her crud. Good idea on the soup for hubby. Chicken soup does seem to help people feel better. Anytime one of us would get a cold, my mom would ensure we had some homemade chicken soup. It's an old Jewish thing........LOL (no hate mail, I'm Jewish, OK??!)

It was a really long day today. I didn't even leave the office until 6 PM, putting the start of my workout to 6:30. But I did my full thing, only I decided that I could cut a few minutes off the elliptical so I could get home at least by 9. Anytime I cut a few minutes off the elliptical, I just bump up the RPM and level to maximize the calories burned and get my heartrate up there. Charlie did his workout this morning, so he stopped at the store and got us both nice fresh salads for dinner and as an added treat, he stopped at the frozen yogurt shop and there was one for me waiting in the freezer when I got home. Yummmmm.

I'm sure tomorrow will be another long day, but at least it's Friday and we'll be at our favorite sushi spot tomorrow evening!

Have a great rest of your evening everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results