shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th Nov till 11th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
TDM: congrats on another successful Half, girl! which one did you do? i trained for a few marathons solo before i wised up and found a running partner to train with whenever possible - and it totally makes those long runs so much more bearable.

Marcy: wohoo for more weight off!!!

Rod: nice that Charlie is using PTO for a good workout. my sister and i often ponder what we would do if we won the lottery/quit our jobs and how we would use the time and money to train for marathons in cool parts of the world.

Deejay: glad to hear business is booming for you!

Mara: I do grilled cheese the same way with Pepperidge Farm light whole wheat, 2% land o''lakes american, and light butter....yummy! every once in a while i do it with fresh mozz and some tomato slices with a little italian seasoning sprinkled on it before i grill. very good, too!

Jas: Post, girl! about whatever....your stories are hilarious!

Well, my life is a little crazy these days. A friend of mine sort of showed up on my doorstep from california and desperately needed a place to stay for two weeks. So I suddenly have a housemate and she''s on a college student schedule...which is just too weird when you have been away from that for 8 years. Fortunately she''s a healthy eater, so I have been really good food wise lately. The last time i had someone stay here i was tempted by frozen pizza every other nite. yikes! I also have been at the gym a lot - they finally extended the hours til 10 pm at the start of Nov and I like to work out late so it''s perfect for me. I also FINALLY found a place for my wedding but haven''t selected a date b/c I am trying to plan it around a marathon I am already signed up for at the same time. I figured that would be a sure fire way to look good on the big day....run it a week or so before. I also have been doing a lot of day trips for work but fortunately that hasn''t derailed me food/workout wise. Next week I am going out of town for a leadership retreat (blah!) for 3 days and i''m sure i won''t have time to workout, but hopefully the food won''t be too bad.

not sure if i lost this week - i am retaining water like a hippo due to girl issues. if that is truly the case, i think i am probably at least maintaining for the week if not down.

have a great friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We walked around the mall for several hours tonight. We are going to get a new refrigerator and washer / dryer. Decisions, decisions. We can get 20% off plus 10% more off at Sears if we buy Kenmore so that is probably what we’ll get. I tried on a few pairs of earrings too. Fun for me.
Steph, sorry to hear you had such a short night. I hope you sleep well tonight. Yay for getting in some running while taking Andrew to practice.
Skippy, thanks for the woo hoo! I sure have been walking a lot lately. A lot of us are sure having knee pains; mine is sure giving me fits. I have been doing leg lifts at night to help. I hope your husband gets well soon and you don’t get sick.
MrsSalvo, I am sure you’d get your long walks in anyway if your friends couldn’t go and of course Zoe will always go with you.
Kimi, what a nice of question to hear. Yes, shopping does inspire me; I am pretty tickled with how the new clothing looks on me and that it is so small and fits me.
TanDogMom, I will be anxious to see your pictures; I am glad you are enjoying your new ring. Congratulations on doing so great in the marathon. Woo hoo on wearing smaller clothes.
Rod, it sounds like you had a great workout tonight and I am excited tomorrow is Friday too. Enjoy your sushi tomorrow.
Tdiddy, your recipe for grilled cheese sounds great. I will have to try that. Thanks for the kind words about me. It sounds like you are busy with your company but that’s great she eats healthy food. Yay for the gym being open later.
Well, I must go see if I have any papers to grade.
Happy Friday!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

I had a busy week and had to skip two days in a row . . . unusual for me but that''s the way it goes some days. But perhaps that''s why my Firm workout last night felt so good? Usually I just grit my teeth through it, but I felt really strong and hardly winded.

This weekend should be another doozy . . . wine club dinner at our place tonight, which leads me to a question:

How important is it to have chargers (I didn''t even know what they were until DH brought some home last night) for a nice meal with several courses and a professional chef? Because while it''s great DH knew we needed them and got some, he paid $10 total for 8 ridiculous plastic ones! And the plates slide around on them, so even if I decided not to be embarrassed by the cheap plastic, we still wouldn''t use them (plus DH sheepishly agreed that they were "laughably bad" -- he didn''t realize they were plastic but the price should have given that away!). Should we run out and get real ones?

Anyway, then my parents are coming tomorrow, which will mean a lot of eating out. I made rice and beans with bell peppers last night, which always makes me feel good (as opposed to the pizza I was craving this week when I was neck deep in papers to grade). I''ll have the leftovers for lunch today. My dad and I will jogging this weekend, but I can walk faster than my dad jogs so I might just walk.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Sounds like everybody is doing great. Way to go TanDog on the half marathon!
36.gif
I run out of juice after about 4 miles, so I have so much respect for those of you that do half and full marathons. Kudos to you and TDiddy! Maybe I will get there someday if I keep at it! Skippy, hope your hubby feels better...a lot of people seem to get sick when the weather starts to change, I''m sure your soup helped! Kimberly, loved your picture from the other day...hope life is starting to get back to normal for you. Rod, have a good sushi dinner, sounds yummy! Mrs.Salvo, pregnant and walking 6 miles...you are supermom too! Marcy, yay for more weight loss...you have lost a whole person! That is awesome!
Well, I have been doing really well as far as eating for the past few days (since the bday cupcakes are out of the house!) and the scale has finally rewarded me! I have lost the 3 pounds I gained over my bday weekend plus 1! Woohoo...I am so excited. That means only 9 more to go before I reach my goal and win my bet with Adam and get my eternity band!! He has not been doing so well on the other hand....he has been traveling with work and eating out a lot and yesterday they went to this icecream store that was featured on the Food Network that sells this thing called the Kitchen Sink. It is literally a kitchen sink shaped bowl with ice cream and whipped cream and all the toppings. He said 4 people shared it, but yuck, it didn''t sound very good to me! I told him he was making this bet too easy for me
28.gif
I guess that got him motivated though, and this morning he said he was going to get serious and start back on his diet and workout plan today...I better stay on my game if I want diamonds
1.gif
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Our little thread has really tapered off lately, very interesting.

Had a great day. Am working on school and dinner (CL empanadas). Have plans to get some real exercise in this weekend, WOO HOO! My body has been quite stiff the past few days so I''m hoping it will loosen me up a bit.

Have a great Friday evening, everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great day.
PhoenixGirl, have fun with your parents. We’ll be eating out a lot for awhile too; our freezer in the refrigerator is on the fritz and we probably won’t get a new one delivered for a week or two.
Steph, thanks for the kind words. I have certainly lost enough weight to make up a entire person. Yay for loosing 4 pounds and being closer to getting your beautiful eternity band. I’m cheering you on from afar.
Kimi, I am sad to see our thread has been so inactive recently. I plan on doing some more exercises tonight and probably will do house work tomorrow. It should be nice enough here that my DH can play golf so I will get a lot done around the house.
Take care everyone and have a great weekend.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday All!!!

tdiddy, we often think about what we''d do if we won the lottery (and we do keep trying to win!). Charlie''s dream is to open a major facility for unwanted cats, where none are ever euthanized, even if they are sick. He would have a sick ward, a pregnant ward, an aged ward, and have doctors on staff too. Anyway, that''s his dream and if we won the lottery, I''d certainly be happy to help that dream become a reality. I like your idea of training in cool parts of the world too!

Marcy, I hope you enjoyed appliance shopping. Our new condo came with all new appliances, but we upgraded everything except the washer and dryer. We hate our washer and dryer and we''re hoping they break so we have a better reason to replace them. Sears has some great deals on appliaances for sure!

Sorry Phoenix, I''m a guy and don''t even really know what Chargers are, much less whether you need them.....LOL

Yay for losing the 3 pounds + 1 Steph!!! Sounds like you''ll have that eternity band pretty soon!

I agree Kimberly.......not too many posts lately. Maybe it''s just this time of year people get so busy with their lives.

It was a typically long day at work. I offered to let the interns go early if they exceeded their production goal and one of them got to leave at noon. I called it "get out of jail early." What I''m really hoping to demonstrate is there is real reward for working hard and exceeding goals. Charlie took the afternoon off and did his third workout for the week this afternoon. Then we met at favorite Sushi spot number 1 and had a terrific meal. They''re now offering sushi with either brown or white rice. We had one of our favorite rolls with brown rice and while Charlie liked it, I didn''t warm up to the texture too much. It was kind of mushy to me. But I know brown rice is healthier than white rice, but I''m not sure with how healthy we eat we need to be concerned?? Then we had, [Surprise] Frozen Yogurt (green tea with fresh blueberries - Yumm), followed by coffee under the oak tree at Sbucks. It was actually chilly and I wished I had a jacket or sweater with me. I just love this time of year when it get''s chilly, even in Tampa!!

Our gym is closed tomorow for their annual Family Picnic day. I''ve decided to get up and go for a 2 mile run at least. I haven''t run in a few months, so I don''t want to overdo it. The last time I ran, I ran almost 8 miles and hurt my knee''s. I''m not good with moderation, I''m afraid. For Rod, it''s usually all or nothing. Must learn to be happy with less. Hmmmmm, an interesting concept, eh??!! Finally, tomorrow we''re going to the convention center to the International Auto Show. We love cars as most you have come to know and they have a pretty nice show in Tampa, which we enjoy. We realized that we missed the show last year as one year this weekend we were house hunting in Raleigh, for our impending move. It''s simply amazing that life went - 360 - and we''re back where we belong and I''m back with the same company too. We will truly have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Sweet Dreams everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Another busy 48 hours in the life of Monnie...I worked until 7:30 last night, didn''t get home until 8, and went to bed at 9:30, unusual for me. Tonight I came home and worked on my arms a bit and did some lunges holding weights just to do SOMETHING for an actual workout. Tomorrow DH and I are attending a fundraiser/cocktail/dinner party, I''ll be representing the store I work for since the owner is OOT on vacation this week and no one else wanted to go...we donated some gift cards to the organization for their silent auction and I will spend the first half hour or so handing out business cards and chatting with other guests and board members. Should be a fun time, I''m told the food at this event is always fabulous, and they''ll have a live band and dancing so maybe DH and I will cut a rug, hee hee.

The WWT does seem to be a bit inactive...but we''re heading into a busy time of year and rest assured things will pick up again in January, lol!

I have to share a funny pic of my best friend''s 2.5 yr. old daughter from last weekend if you don''t mind indulging me. She decided to try on my shoes one morning and then we decided to take advantage of a great photo opp and brought out her jewelry box...a PSr in the making, if you ask me! Apparently all you need is a tee shirt with some paint on it, fabulous shoes, a diaper, and some Panera Bread beads to make your day complete when you''re 2 and a half. LOL!

sofie10.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, we’ve been in our house over 12 years and bought all new appliances when we moved in. The house came with a low end dishwasher and stove which we replaced within the last year. I hated my stove and it would never break but I finally took a teaching check last summer and got a stove with convection oven. I love it. Charlie’s home for cats would be really nice. I love cats but I have bad allergies to them. I like your get out of jail early method; I wish my boss would offer me that deal. I’d be out of there by noon for sure. Yes, you have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I must say I do too. Have a great run tomorrow but take it easy.
Monnie, have fun at the fundraiser dinner party. Your friend’s daughter is really cute; I think she’s got an eye for jewelry already. All right! I am sure as we get closer to the holidays everyone will be very busy and we’ll see less posts from everyone. January 1st should be very busy though!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I made CL carnitas empanadas for dinner and was sound alseep by 8:15. John is sick and I''ve had stuffy sinuses for a few weeks that I am chalking up to too much travel. They are starting to drain this morning, finally.

I''m going to exercise today, HOORAY! And work on school. We have friends/neighbors coming for dinner. John is making swordfish and steak. Should be yummy!

Rod, I think your "get out of jail early" plan was brilliant.

Marcy, I love to shop now...it''s so much fun. Yesterday a friend from work was wearing the most adorable sweater, so of course I had to find out wear she got it and after school I ran over to Marshall''s and picked one up (it was $25, how could I pass that up?). They only had a large left and I''m trying to figure out how to shrink it (it''s 100% cotton) without making it too small.

Have a great morning, friends.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Let me preface this by saying that I am waiting for the doctor''s office to open and I will call them to make an appointment when they do.

That being said, if anyone wants to play Dr. Doogie, please feel free...because when I hear hoofprints, I tend to think zebras, not horses...

On Monday of this past week, I got an odd sharp, moderate pain in my upper right abdomen, about 2 inches below my ribcage, 3 inches or so inches out from my belly button. It twinged on and off for about 24 hours...when it didn''t twinge, it was sometimes sore (like when you over-exercise, although obviously I did not!) and sometimes it was nothing. I thought I had pulled a muscle, and the pain and soreness stopped completely after 24 hours.

It started up again yesterday afternoon and has been on and off since.

It''s not debilitating, it''s not even severe...it''s mostly (when it''s anything) sore, and then every so often a twinge. It''s unpleasant, but I''m not laid up in bed or anything.

I''ve gone to some websites and checked my symptoms.

There is no change whether I eat or not. I''ve not changed my diet at all in the last week. It doesn''t matter what I''m doing (at rest, moving, etc.) It doesn''t hurt more or less if I shift positions. It doesn''t hurt more or less if I press on it. There is no bump or anything, so I don''t think I pulled a muscle (especially since there was a 3 day gap between episodes.)

It''s not, ummm, gas. (Yea! Fun!) There is no change before, during, or after any potty activity (but boy, I feel so pretty typing that.)

It''s nowhere near my fibroid nor my reproductive organs (i.e. it''s not eptopic pregnancy, I don''t think, as all that tends to be further down)

Aspirin, Tylenol, Advil all taken (separately at different times) had no effect.
Zantac had no effect (I took one thinking I might have some sort of ulcer, which runs in the family).

Who wants to play Dr. Doogie?

Anyone? The winner or closest guesser as confirmed by my doctor appointment will win...something. Like a poem. Or a picture of my dog posted on this thread.

I''m not messing around with my health, and as I said, i''ll call the doctor and probably go in on Monday...but I''m totally stumped and a little scared (because of course my brain goes immediately to "I''m a gonna DIE!" or, conversely, "I''ve got one of them Aliens in mah belly.")

Note: I will NOT take anything suggested as medical advice, medical certainty, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had something like this.

Thanks.

Oh, and everything else is ok. I''m wondering if my body is trying to give me "permission" to stop and relax a little.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
jas, it sounds like stress, and your body telling you you must slow down and give it a break. We aren''t built to work 18 hours days for months at a time and abdominal cramping is a common occurance for people who are consistently upset, uptight, tense, anxious, insert synonym for stress here, which I gather, based on your descriptions about work, you are. If you can''t get in to the M.D. today try taking some Zantac or its equivalent.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted report that I made friends with my elliptical again, YAY! It was a bit mad at me though, the battery has run out on the display because it''s been neglected so long. I got off and was starving, had the shakes, so I ate some almonds.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday all.

jas, i have no idea what your symptoms could mean but i think it''s good your going to the dr.

So, i did my usual Magic Mountain hike with my gal pals this am. recently we''ve been seeing deer every week. i keep forgetting to bring my camera but will try to remember next week. feeling good as far as the pregnancy goes, all the walking is really helping my energy level i think, although I do end up going to bed pretty early. we find out the baby''s sex on monday...i''m so excited. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!! i just got back into town last nite and slept so well. my trip was great, which was fun!! but i am glad to be home for sure and get back on routine. there was a lot of eating...big meals because we were in a town where big eating is the thing to do! on thursday we had an amazing steak dinner, the filet was practically melting in my mouth, and their bread was phenomenal, they have their own bakery and i was mowing on the loaf. and lunch was at this super tasty mediterranean place we'd eaten at before...their chicken kebab is to die for, literally. then friday we had dinner at this other great place where i again consumed too much bread because we had to wait 30 min to be seated so i was STARVING by that time since i had worked out earlier and hadn't eaten since then. so i was already getting full for dinner, which sucked because the food was quite simply, amazing. don't feel like i enjoyed it as much as i could have if they had seated us right away.

on the plus side, got a fair amount of activity in, visited the gym daily at the hotel which was quite nice actually, esp after the archaic monstrosity in mexico hehee. i did walk/run combos two days and the old fashioned stair stepper as well one day. and did 2 days of legs and 1 day of arms. abs all three days. i really feel like doing abs daily is helping 'pull in' my abs and core more so i'll keep doing it. i am starting to get more and more sore but that's a good thing i think! i may take today off though as i worked out 6 days this week and i don't want to overtax my body. esp with traveling, i also was lugging around my stuff yesterday and i only did carryon so it was seriously like another workout.

this morning greg had a rowing race in early morning, so i slept in with portia, and am having a solo breakfast of egg whites with some 2% cheese, cayenne pepper and salt...and a piece and a half of the high fiber/protein sprouted TJ's bread with light butter and blueberry jam. yummy! and coffee. last nite when i got in greg got me a gourmet burger from this restaurant near our house i ate 3/4 of the burger, 1/3 of the bun, and about 1/2 the fries. very tasty. probably just should have had oatmeal after the big brunch i had at noon yesterday (french toast and egg white omelet oh my!) but i didn't eat again til 6pm on the plane which was a small salad and 1/2 this tiny pizza (not tasty)...so i was hungry when i got home.

it was rainy last nite so this morning is gray...it's kind of a nice cozy-ish day. i need to get some grocery shopping done, some laundry. later i think we might go for a long walk with portia. but just kind of relaxing today. i also got this new book at the airport called Rhett Butler's People and it's the Gone with the Wind story from Rhett's point of view, basically his life story. it's an authorized novel meaning that Margaret Mitchell's estate found this writer and approved everything so i thought wow how interesting! so i started that on the plane and now am engrossed in it, might curl up in the leather chair downstairs by the windows and read for a bit today too.

sounds like everyone did quite well this week, our group has gotten a little smaller...i think people tend to just get busy. i know that lately i could do like a day in between posts just with how busy i have been at work and with life and holidays coming up. but i think esp around the holidays, checking in is a good idea!! we can keep each other honest hehee. for me if i just don't gain 5 lbs during the holiday i'd be happy ahaha. we do a lot of eating!!

CONGRATS gail on the half marathon, that is amazing! and mrs salvo, yay on pregnancy walking, you are kicking some bootie. i hope i can be as fit as you when my time comes hehee. rod, brown rice is healthier in that it hasn't been processed as much as white rice so there is more protein and fiber left in it...white rice has essentially no real nutrients. but i don't know that it would make that much of a difference. when i pick my sushi rice off it's something like 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup maybe, so that's only about 150-250 cals that i am saving. so it's not like it's going to make you fat to eat it 2x a week. if you really don't enjoy brown then stick with white. personally i prefer brown over white, as it has more texture, but i have never been a white rice fan regardless.

anyhow, happy sunday all, enjoy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

So we ended up having to postpone dinner because we''re having a bit of a water issue, namely we don''t have any. We have a water tank that feeds into a fire hydrant that is also connected to our main water line and it overflowed yesterday afternoon. It turned into a huge waterfall on John''s head (the tank is about 15 feet tall). So we ended up going out to dinner and our friends are coming over tonight. I had shrimp, fries and coleslaw, it was yummy!

I''m going to workout today but am waiting for the plumber to get here and fix the problem so that I''ll have a shower available once I''m done.

Another excited day in the life of...I think we''re being tested to see how many utilities we can live without.

Mara, that steak sounds delicious! I think a break, and a nice long walk sounds so nice.

Hooray for a Skippy and finding out the sex of the baby, mrssalvo.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, you conference sounds fun but i totally understand wanting to be home and back into your routine. i think you are right that folks are just getting busy this time of year. I can''t believe how busy my own life has gotten and it seems i always have some place to be. it wasn''t always like that for me. Anyway, at the gym I used to work at years ago, they would always do a holiday challenge which was basically for folks to just not *gain* any weight. it really is so difficult to be as good when there are cookies and parties everywhere we go so having the goal of just not gaining w/out the pressure of having to lose seems like a good one to me. half the pleasure of the holidays is some of the wonderful food we make only once a year and I sure don''t want to deprive myself of that. I hope everyone will keep checking in though b/c it really does help motivate me too. I must admit to being a little nervous for my monthly weigh in at my dr''s tomorrow b/c it seems i''m gaining so much faster this time around despite all my walking. I figure although their isn''t much I can do to slow down the gain if i can at least stay in shape, keep my heart healthy and muscles strong, I''ll still lose it faster after babys gets here.

Kimi, i hope you get a nice long walk and can enjoy your day.

hope the rest of you are having a relaxing sunday as well. Rod and Skippy, i''ll be thinking of you both tonight while watching DHW
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, well in the Skippy household hubbers and I are both sick. I have a chest cold and sinus thing and hubby has a horrible cough. He teased me that I always say I never catch colds; I usually don't but mine isn't as bad as his. I got the flu shot on Friday too so I don't get the flu on the bright side.

I miss you guys and will check back in laters; I feel bad that I haven't been exercising (it is more sleep for me). Mrs. Salvo I will think of you and Rod tonight too! Kimi hope you get water; how awful so sorry. Mara, glad you are back and I see you have a new avatar. hehe Marcy yay for being so healthy and so thin! Steph yay for 4lb loss. Monnie, what a cute little girl! Hey Tdiddy and Gail (whoo for the marathons)! Jas, how are you feeling???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2007 1:44:37 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Just wanted report that I made friends with my elliptical again, YAY! It was a bit mad at me though, the battery has run out on the display because it''s been neglected so long. I got off and was starving, had the shakes, so I ate some almonds.
Kimberly - Glad you''re using your eliptical again. I just bought one a few weeks ago and am slowly incorporating it into my workout plan. I "ran" 4.5 miles on it today! It took me about 40 min. and I''m not sure if that''s slow or fast (lol). It seems a lot easier than doing aerobics since I''m just moving certain muscle groups, so I''m trying to alternate between a few different types of exercises to keep everything fit.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

One more check-in before I leave for my work trip. I have to leave at 3:30 am tonite for a 5 hour drive north.....yuck! And it''s all day and evening meetings for "team building" stuff....more yuck! So who knows what the potential will be for working out or eating well, but I plan on packing my fav Clif bars for breakfast and snacks and will try to work around whatever else they serve us. I also worked out 7 days in a row so I can take the next two off. I will be home Wed nite in time to hit the gym before it closes, too. So I have a plan....hehehe.

This morning my sister and I went for a 5 mile run and it was CHILLY (35 degrees)! We warmed up fast, but it was tempting to skip the run and go straight to breakfast. Then we had breakfast at a local place and I got two eggs and two multigrain pancakes with SF syrup...yummmmy! That pretty much kept me full until dinner time and I had a small piece of sirloin, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I really have been on a mashed potato kick lately. I''ve also sort of fell into the bad habit of drinking more soda than I usually do lately so I am trying to dig out of that rut and get more water each day. I feel so much better well hydrated.

Steph: hope you are still beating your hubby in the weight loss challenge.
Skippy: sorry to hear you feel poorly....feel better soon
1.gif

Mara: love your xmas quote at the bottom of your posts....hilarious!

Have a great week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone...........I can't believe it's Sunday evening and I didn't check in once yesterday. Rod is fine though.....LOL

Monnie, I hope the fundraiser was enjoyable and the food as good as you'd been told it would be!

Marcie, we love all our appliances except the W/D. Not sure when we'll break down and replace them, but we will surely at some point!

Kimberly, I got a laugh out of you buying a sweater too large and wondering how to shrink it down!! Sorry to hear about you losing water and glad to hear you and elliptical have found each other again!!

Jas, I haven't a clue, but am going to vote with Kimberly on the stress notion. You've been WAY too stressed for WAY too long and I'm thinking that's what the DR., will tell you too. I am glad you're going to see the doctor though and will look forward to hearing what he/she says.

Mrssalvo, I'm glad you are enjoying your pregnancy and all is well. Woo Hoo for the continued Magic Mountain walks. Would love to see more pics of it (including deer!) if you get a chance!

Mara, I'm trying to get your new Avatar??!! You, my dear are no Bimbo! Welcome home and it sounds like your conference was good and you stayed healthy throughout. We would expect nothing less from you of course. I will give the brown rice a second chance, but like you said, the amount of rice in three rolls (well I only get 1.5 of those 3 rolls) isn't that much to begin with and if I find I really don't enjoy it enough to reap the little benefit I'd get from it, why bother??!!

AWWW Skippy, I'm so sorry to hear you've gotten sick along with hubby. It's that time of year for sure. Zicam and ColdEase really can shorten the duration of a cold. Plus, you know the Jewish Mother in me would be remiss if I did't say you need Chicken Soup too! Feel better soon!

MC......4.5 miles in 40 minuts is quite respectable for sure!!

tdiddy, a 5 mile run in 35 degree temps.......Brrrrrrrrrr.....Too cold for Rod for sure. But congratulations on that and your breakfast sounded great! I hope your team building trip is better than you anticipate (though I find team building trips usually a bit on the hokey side). Anyway, drive safe and have some fun.

It's been just a wonderful weekend. The weather has been so unbelievably ideal. Words just can't describe how beautiful it can be in Florida this time of year. Comfortable temps, no clouds in the sky, no humidity, light breezes, just fabulous. As I mentioned in my note Friday night, I wanted to run yesterday. Usually Charlie chooses not to run as for whatever reason he had convinced himself that he didn't enjoy it. But he surprised me and as I was getting ready to go for my run, he announced he would come along. I was actually a little nervous after not having run for nearly 6 months. But we got out on sidewalk, did our stretches, and started off at a nice (not too fast) pace and the next thing I knew we had run over 3 miles. Once we hit that distance we decided to not run any more as we didn't want to over do it too much. If you recall, I had said I only wanted to run 2 miles for my first time out. It felt great to be outside and running. I am sore today, but not too sore. And Charlie seemed to really enjoy the run too, so we'll be running together again soon!

Then we went to the car show and enjoyed that a lot. It's always fun to see just about every new car available in America under one roof. That led us to dinner and I wound up having a shrimp and scallop dish on spinache pasta with marinara sauce. I haven't had a pasta dish in many many months. And to be honest, it was OK, but didn't make me feel I had really missed anything. It will probably be a long time before I have a pasta dish again.

Today, was a normal Sunday. Breakfast on the terrace (such a beautiful morning), followed by a quick lunch at Panera, coffee at Starbucks under the oak, and then a nice long workout at the gym. As I mentioned before, my legs were sore going into the workout. But, I pushed right through the soreness and now I feel a lot better. I even pushed as hard as ever on the elliptical. For dinner tonight, we had fresh salads, grilled filets and a new squash we found from Brazil called Butter Cup Squash. We weren't really sure how to fix it, but we cut it in half (one is more than enough for tow people), removed the seeds and just put a little spices and butter and wrapped them in wax paper and microwaved them until tender. They have a sweet and nutty taste, which was actually quite nice. The next time we get them, we'll add some cinnnamon.

That's about all the news from our side of the country. I hope you all had good weekends. It's almost time for DHW! So, I'll see you in next week's thread!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I''m glad you had such a nice weekend! The sweater won''t shrink the way I want it too (the sleeves are still too big and the waist as well, but I don''t want it to fit on a doll so I''m being cautious).

Skip, I''m so sorry you and DH aren''t feeling well. Have some chicken noodle soup.

tdiddy, I''m sorry you have to go to a team building event. I used to work in HR and they were the bain of my existence. Just let me do my job!

So we finally have water back, but I didn''t manage to workout as planned. We did go walk around a street fair for a bit, so I''m sure I burned a few calories. John is cooking for our guests, who should be here shortly.

Have a great night all, see you on next weeks'' thread.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am sorry to see the weekend come to an end. We are probably going to get some snow tonight and tomorrow.
39.gif

We ended up buying our appliances at a local mom and pop store because they have great service and it ended up costing us about $700 less than getting them from Sears. We got a side by side Amana refrigerator and Speed Queen washer and dryers. We get them Saturday; too bad my freezer won’t be working this week. I am down to about 12 ice cubes left. Rats. We bought some slow churned this afternoon about 3 and by 6 it was melting so we had a bowl and I ran it over to my parents house to put in their freezer.
I did clean out my laundry closet / room today. It looks great. Next project is our 2 extra bedrooms. I’ll probably throw out more than I used to weigh but it’s great I’m healthy enough to work on such projects now. Yay!
Kimi, I have no idea what you made for supper but I hope it was good. Sorry to hear John is sick; I hope he feels better soon. It is fun to shop and buy clothes now. My DH told me tonight he isn’t buying me any clothes for Christmas since I am doing such a good job at it myself. LOL. Yay for making friends with your elliptical again. I found my free weights today. I’m glad to hear your water is back on.
Jas, sorry to hear about your pain. Could you have cracked a rib? I’m glad to hear you are going to a doctor.
MrsSalvo, I am glad to hear you are feeling good. I am sure all the walking really helps. Woo hoo for finding out the baby’s sex tomorrow. I agree this thread can help all of us through the holidays so I hope everyone keeps checking in.
Mara, the food on your trip sounds marvelous. I love good bread. It’s wonderful you had time to get in your workouts as well. I hope I am in the 170’s by the new year so I am really trying to be good during the holidays. I know the goodies will start showing up more and more at work. LOL at “define nice”.
Skippy, I am so sorry to hear you and your hubby are both sick. Sending get well wishes your way. Aw shucks, thanks for calling me skinny. I was walking around yesterday singing “I feel skinny, oh so skinny.” My hubby thinks I’m flake sometimes. Ha Ha.
MC, yay for changing up your workouts.
Tdiddy, you certainly deserve a day off from workouts. Have fun on your work trip. I love mashed potatoes too. I had an 8 oz coke today and enjoyed every 100 calorie of it; we only ate 2 meals today so I could have a few more treats.
Rod, I am glad to hear your weather was wonderful. I am bracing for winter to arrive here tonight. Yay for you and Charlie running 3 miles. That is awesome.
Have a great evening and low cal but sweet dreams tonight.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Since there is no new posts since last night I am assuming everyone has great and or very busy days.

What a long day I had! I slept about 5 ½ hours, fixed breakfast and the delivery men were here by 9:15 with the refrigerator. My husband was out getting ice for the coolers to keep our food cold. They had to take the doors off the refrigerators (the old one they took and the new one we got) and take our door off the hinges. They get everything set up and the refrigerator didn’t fit in our space. My husband had to pull up our wall board and the refrigerator just barely fit. They struggled but finally got it pushed in all the way but they forgot to plug in the refrigerator. The pulled out the refrigerator about 10 inches and my tall husband with long arms was able to reach back there and plug it in. We pulled out our washer and dryer last night planning on getting the dryer today and they didn’t bring it. So my poor husband had to crawl back behind the dryer and get it hooked up again. He said I owed him big time. Ha Ha.

After getting all that done we went out to lunch at Old Chicago. I was HORRID. I ate some Italian nachos, 1 and ¼ pieces of pizza and a warm chocolate chip cookie. I’m still full.

I came home and put our food in the refrigerator, dumped out the ice and cleaned out the coolers then cleaned up the kitchen.

Then I went to the grocery store to pick up stuff for pasta salad for my father’s birthday party tomorrow. I also went down to help my parents clean house. About 4 p.m. my husband called me and said he found a rip in his tires so we went tire shopping.

I just finished getting my pasta cooked for the salad and cleaning up all my veggies to put in it tomorrow. I use the fat free Zesty Italian dressing, raw veggies and 2% cheese cubes so it’s not to fattening and everyone really likes it.

I have to get my club newsletter ready to mail out and write a few letters for Thanksgiving cards.

The good news is now that I have a freezer we had some slow churned ice cream tonight. It was quite tasty.

Take care everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results