shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th Nov till 11th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an announcement to make.....

THE TREADMILL IS WORKING!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

So I am most delighted and spent a great hour on it last night!!! I love my treddy and being without it has been pants!!

Anyway, onward with this weeks musings now I have shared my glad treddy tidings! Life has certainly intruded in a big way this past week with my usual routines, what with our building projects and a family issue, so working out hasn''t been possible, or being on PS much come to that! However I have been helping Hubby and fetching and carrying, so I am feeling quite trim this week! In my old obsessive days, I probably would have been close to exhaustion and been forcing myself to work out anyway on top of everything else, but now I know how hard I have been working, and have learned that although you need dedication to stick to your ''road map'' with the health and fitness journey, sometimes it just isn''t possible. In the overall scheme of things, a week off here and there doesn''t make any difference and indeed may even help, as it can give the body a change of routine. Sometimes this is all that is needed to kickstart positive change.

So always try to think of the big picture, when life does intrude, don''t worry about not being able to work out or eat as well as you would wish, you will have the opportunity to get back on track, as I have ( for the moment anyway!)

Have a great week all
35.gif

glad.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m back from vacation at Sundance.

I was right, there wasn''t a real gym, just a fitness "yurt" that was a teepee with plastic windows and space heaters. There was a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and some free weights (no tv to watch or anything). I brought my resistance cord but didn''t end up using it. DH and I went for a 3 mile hike on Friday, which I definitely couldn''t have done before my transformation (although that was humbling because people older than me and pregnant ladies were doing it too).

I didn''t eat well, not really. I was just really hungry while I was there (probably because eating bad/processed food a little bit led to me feeling much hungrier than usual). The scale still says 117, so no harm is identifiable yet. I tried, but oh well.

Utah''s alcohol laws certainly are strange. We had to "join" the bar because only private clubs can serve alcohol without food. We had a nice dinner the last night with wine pairings, but only one glass of wine can be served at a time, so the wait staff was running around grabbing full glasses of wine before bringing the next out. My goal was to place my glasses at odd angles or hide them under the table and see how many I could get away with (at one point I had three glasses of wine and a cocktail, which didn''t seem to count against my total). The end result was simply that I drank more and more quickly than I would have otherwise because I felt this pressure not to let them waste the wine. Surely not the point of the law, right?

We also stopped at the liquor store on our way back from shopping, and it was pretty scary. It was like your grandma''s basement with a 30 year old refrigerator to grab ice from. Grandma behind the counter had to get the alcohol off the shelf behind her for you, and they didn''t have any top shelf stuff.

Overall, I am very relaxed. At some point yesterday I tried to remember who my students are this year and drew a blank (usually I am terrible at remembering names but I thought I was doing better this year). We slept about 10 hours a night and took a nap after our massage on Saturday.

I am definitely looking forward to DH''s reward trip next year! Relaxing on someone else''s dime is fun despite the pathetic fitness yurt (I know, I know, nature is your gym) and weird alcohol laws.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Week!
1.gif

Lorelei, Woo Hoo for your treadmill working.
36.gif
It is so strange that your weekly words of wisdom are along my same train of thought this morning. I''ve had a very strange week, walking more, eating more and varied things - some of it bad and I''m feeling achy, sluggish and out of sorts today but got out of bed knowing today I''m back to my usual routines and everything is right with the world. I did gain .8 pound but it was nice having a few treats here and there (parties, birthday celebrations and Halloween candy) but life happens. It is good to shake things up now and then and the last thing we want our bodies to do is get used to things; it needs to pay attention and be ready for whatever we throw at it. I so agree all the running around helping your husband is a great workout. Isn''t it nice to be able to do more things now? I am right there with you. Enjoy your TM.
PhoenixGirl, it is really nice to enjoy things on someone else''s dime. Your trip sounds fun and I am so glad you had a great time. I''s sure your student''s names will come back to you once you get in class.
Have a great day everyone. Today is my long, long work day but that''s okay; I''ve only got 5 weeks of school left. Yippee.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2007 9:44:27 AM
Author: marcyc
Happy New Week!
1.gif

Lorelei, Woo Hoo for your treadmill working.
36.gif
It is so strange that your weekly words of wisdom are along my same train of thought this morning. I've had a very strange week, walking more, eating more and varied things - some of it bad and I'm feeling achy, sluggish and out of sorts today but got out of bed knowing today I'm back to my usual routines and everything is right with the world. I did gain .8 pound but it was nice having a few treats here and there (parties, birthday celebrations and Halloween candy) but life happens. It is good to shake things up now and then and the last thing we want our bodies to do is get used to things; it needs to pay attention and be ready for whatever we throw at it. I so agree all the running around helping your husband is a great workout. Isn't it nice to be able to do more things now? I am right there with you. Enjoy your TM.
PhoenixGirl, it is really nice to enjoy things on someone else's dime. Your trip sounds fun and I am so glad you had a great time. I's sure your student's names will come back to you once you get in class.
Have a great day everyone. Today is my long, long work day but that's okay; I've only got 5 weeks of school left. Yippee.
Thanks Marcy, I hope you feel better soon! I try to take inspiration for my openers using my own experiences and feelings where possible, and I am glad they are helpful. I tend to find that true life stories in slimming mags are too woo hoo and everything is rosy, that it makes the reader feel that the successful slimmer has finally seen the light, and that once they did, getting fit and slim was a doddle. They skim over the negatives which we all have, such as our heavy feeling days, hungry days and days where you just feel miserable and that none of it is working. This isn't realistic to me, so I like to try to mention the tough times and that you can move on from them, but expect that this journey will have its ups and downs like any other! I often used to read these features and wonder what on earth was wrong with me, that I found all of it so hard, and I am glad if by sharing my feelings and set backs if it does help others on the same path.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

These last few weeks have most certainly been about rolling with the punches and dealing with lifes'' intrusions for me. We are finally headed home today, to a house with electricity...HOORAY! We got a call from our neighbor that power was restored on Saturday. We''ll be traveling most of the day. This will be our last day of eating out as there is no food in our fridge, so there will be quite a grocery store trip taking place tomorrow. I am so looking forward to getting back to normal life. I miss my house, I miss my school kids, I miss my bed, I miss my elliptical, and I miss my WWTer friends.

I''ll l check in tomorrow. Have a wonderful day all. Your kind thoughts and well wishes during the madness that has been the last few weeks is much appreciated.

Kimi

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif
Yay Lorelei for the treadmill working! Yay for a hard but good workout this past week! I bet your hubby loved having you around!

PG, glad you had a great vacation in Utah. Glad you didn't gain weight, yay.

Marcy, yay for only 5 more weeks of school! Do you teach every semester (sorry for 20 questions)?? Sorry about your knee and I am glad you had a good party!

Steph, how old is Andrew?

Sharon, I hope your knee gets better soon.

DeeJay, sorry about your knee too; I totally understand the bad knee. Take care Sharon and Dee!

Kimi and Monnie, you are missed. Hope things are getting better Kimi; praying for the people of SD. I missed ya lots Kimi; glad you are back!

I made the Mara banana bran muffins last night, yum! Today I will make a lowfat beef and bean chilli. I will get my walk in and then it is sewing class tonight and I will be done w/the window treatment, YAY!
41.gif
Happy Monday all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hope you find your house in good spirits kimi...!! pg welcome back...i laughed about the fitness yurt which reminds me of my ''full service gym'' in acapulco that really was straight out of the 1950''s. give me a jump rope and i probably could have done more cardio than on their antiquated machines. but oh well, we make do with what we have, good for you guys on the hike.

YAY lorelei for no more pantsy treaddie!!!! that is seriously cause for celebration. i am toasting you with my egg white omelet breakfast wrap.

we had a great ''catchup'' weekend but man why are they so darn short. we did some more housecleaning yesterday and i reorg''d my closet which is always a nightmare after a trip because before a trip i pull off like 1/2 the clothes from hangers and i always overpack and so after we get home the laundry pile and then the folding/hanging pile is always insane, so i dedicated a good hour to that yesterday and restored order. i also got on a picture tear and finally worked on uploading my acapulco pictures to ofoto which took about 3 hours total since they are like 2-4mb each and i had over 150. then since they were FINALLY having a print sale (far and few between now) i bought pictures from as far back as may from my galleries and saved some $$. guess my friend who got married in july will finally have some fotos from me hehee. relaxed on the new leather chair a bit with portia in the sun and read...and then when greg got home from his concert we finally put up the new shades in the master bedroom. wow what a difference. we had these wide slat wood blinds in there from 4 years ago that we bought that did not hold up AT ALL. the strings were breaking and they were at odd angles. it was really ghetto. so we got new cellular shades from hunter douglass in a white textured linen material which is quite pretty and they come down from top or bottom up so we can get light and do whatever we want with them. they look SO much better and quite clean now. now we just have to hang the artwork i bought for the master and bathroom and the house will be like 99% where i want it to be. after 4 years here. hahaa.

then greg was craving clam and garlic pizza....we have TJ pizzas in the fridge but he said he didn''t want any healthy pizza (his isn''t exactly healthy but okay) so i ordered us a pizza from our fave neighborhood joint and i got pepperoni, mushrooms, olives on my half and clams garlic on his. we got a medium but really just needed a small...they told me med was 6 large slices and it was really 8 medium. so a small would have been 6 smaller slices. i always get big eyes when ordering pizza...i forget how filling it is. so i had 3 pieces of my half with about 3/4 of the bread (their crust is so good!! total weakness) on each and shared a garden salad with TJ''s dressing...and then we went for a 2m walk with portia to get some activity in...sundays are kind of like a day off for me but i still like to move around. overall though for the day i just had my breakkie at the restaurant, a string cheese, an apple, a south beach bar, and the pizza so not bad at all for a weekend day. as greg said ''sometimes you have to live a little on the weekends''!! wise man.

overall a great weekend. i only consumed like 2 pieces of candy which makes it even better...so hopefully my candy binge from last week is over. lorelei your opening is so true re being realistic and not overdoing it. one thing i have really learned and relearned is that i have my good weeks or months and bad weeks or months. i was kind of stressed out last week because of all the parties and candy and all that and it seemed like my self control was nil. when other times it can be quite strong. i start to think, oh no is this a permanent backslide? but then boom...i feel like i can get right back on track and stuff that tempted me 3 days ago doesn''t anymore...or does but WAY less. so i am still realizing, even after a year plus of doing the healthier lifestyle thing that we have our ups and downs and it''s OKAY!! long term is what matters.

so happy monday all!!! i have my trainer this evening...so def looking fwd to that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoohoo on the treadmill LL!
36.gif
Glad to see you are coming home Kimberly.
36.gif
Happy days to all the rest!

Rode the bike this morning--and wow no pain! But walking is still sore--go figure. Twisting is definately a nono! Anyway, slow for now. At least it isn''t worse--it needs to be better for all those Christmas parites coming up quickly! WOW did I just say Christmas??????????????????????????

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy monday all.

yay lorelei for a working treadmill..

welcome back PG

glad you''re finally going home kimi...

mara, have fun with the trainer. i just can''t wait to get one after this baby is born.

sharon, yay for the painless bikeride

hi marcy
35.gif

so, my friend and i did our 3+ mile neighborhood walk this morning. it was so nice and it''s a beautiful 74 degrees here today. She told me that she has lost 3 lbs since we started walking...woo hoo. tomorrow we''re meeting up at the gym for a sculpt class in the morning which should be fun. she said there are a couple other preggo women in the class and the instructor will modify for us. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 1:47:06 PM
Author: mrssalvo

so, my friend and i did our 3+ mile neighborhood walk this morning. it was so nice and it's a beautiful 74 degrees here today. She told me that she has lost 3 lbs since we started walking...woo hoo. tomorrow we're meeting up at the gym for a sculpt class in the morning which should be fun. she said there are a couple other preggo women in the class and the instructor will modify for us. I hope everyone has a great day!!
Mrs. Salvo hey, I think we are having very similar weather!!! It is suppose to be 73 degrees today. Yay for your friend and the 3lb lose! Isn't walking great!!! Kudos for being so healthy!!!

Mara, Yay for going to the trainer tonight buff girl! hehee

Rod, did you watch DHW. I wonder what will happen to Carlos? I wonder if this will be his exit coming up. hmmm. Hope you aren't working too hard! Enjoy your workout!

Sharon, yay for a bike ride. Eekk, don't remind me of the holiday word; I am so not ready. Is your hubby in the Land of Enchantment right now? Is he liking our weather?? He is in more of the desserty area of our state.

I just got back from a nice 3 mile walk and did some leg stregthening. The weather is perfect and the sun is shining and the leaves are this gorgeous sushine yellow
9.gif
Who could ask for a better day; I hope the weather stays this way because yesterday hubby said we better enjoy our bike ride because this may be the last nice day. I hope he is wrong!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Week Everyone!

Kimberly, I''m so glad to hear you are going home to a home with electricity and you will again have some semblance of normalcy, if such a state truly exists. Have fun stocking up on food and just relax and enjoy being home again!!

Yay for having your Treadmill back in operation Lorelei!!! Wow, what an episode just getting it fixed!

Sharon, I''m glad you were able to ride a bike, and sorry that walking hurts. I have issues with my humorous in my left shoulder (I broke it skating a few years ago) and it''s funny how some exercises at the gym don''t hurt it, while others cause pain. I''m not sure it will ever be 100%.

Phoenix, glad you enjoyed your trip to Utah and Sundance and yes, the liquor laws do seem a bit odd. Funny story about having a coctail and assorted glasses of wind under your table!

Yumm for banana nut muffins Skippy. I hope you had a good walk and enjoy your sewing class! And no, I don''t think anything serious will happen to Carlos. He''s like a cat with nine lives! He and Abby belong together. It may take the rest of the season for them to be able to do that, but I think they''ll make it.

Hope your training session is good Mara!

Yay for an enjoyable 3 mile walk Mrssalvo!!

Another long day at work, then it was Sushi and Frozen Yogurt night. Both were ever so good! Back to the gym tomorrow and the next three nights in a row.

That''s about all the news from my side of the world. Sleep well everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!!

had a great session with the trainer...they are introducing pilates into my sesssions so we did an hour of arms and legs on the pilates reformer which was really fun! i have a long way to go before i am anywhere near graceful on it but i can definitely feel it working my body and lengthening my muscles (or feeling like it is!) and you have to use your abs as well. so it was quite interesting!

came home and had a protein shake with ff milk and powder mixed with almond milk, a low cal way to get a quick shot of protein to my muscles. i have been doing that after my muscle workouts for the last few weeks. waiting for greg to get home and then will make us a quick dinner of italian wedding soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. that has been a staple for us lately as it's quick to make, it gives me a fair amount of protein and fiber and not too many cals.

i have been doing abs daily for the last 5 days since i asked one of my trainers how she got an 8 pack, and i swear i see a difference already. i don't overdo it, but i make sure to do some ab work daily. its kind of fun to look fwd to.

my eating today was pretty good...i did have some leftover halloween candy but nothing compared to last week. i felt like i was getting sick earlier at work but i don't know if maybe it was just the weird sugar rush i got! i felt so much better after i worked out. all our candy is gone thank god and the pickins at work are super slim, like 1-2 things left. other than the candy i had (minimal really, 2 mini hersheys bars for a cal count of 130 total...!), i ate quite well, breakkie was my egg white omelet with 2% cheese and a fiber 1/2 wrap. snack was a gnu fiber bar, banana walnut. lunch was 1/2 mediterranean tuna salad (super yummy from TJs!) with some wasa fiber crackers, and a string cheese.

anyhow, hope everyone is having a fabulous evening!!! skip and mrs salvo, congrats on the walk!! rod, its amazing how routine oriented you guys are, i was like oh it's monday, bet rod is having sushi. YEP! hahaa. while i do like certain things about my daily routines esp when getting ready for work and what i eat for breakkie etc...i definitely feel the need for more variety in my evenings and sometimes my days or else i get so mentally bored!! i also love looking fwd to trying new things like new places or new activities etc...i sometimes feel like i even need to branch out more!

okay i better get my soup on the stove. hehee. nite all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi WWTR''s! Sorry I''ve been MIA for so long! I flew out to NJ Friday night to visit my best friend and just returned this evening. We had a wonderful weekend just catching up and enjoying each other''s company, I see her once a year since she moved out to NJ with her fiance and their baby a couple years ago...the little girl is 2 and a half now and cute as a button. However, life revolves around her schedule and we didn''t get to do very many girly activities. We did manage to get to a scrapbooking party hosted by one of the gals in her mom''s group, and that was fun. I got to update the scrapbook I made for DH 4 years ago for our 1st anniversary but hadn''t touched since then, so that was nice.

I''m off to bed shortly, today was a traveling whirlwind and tomorrow I have a super early orthodontist appointment before I go in to work, plus DH will be OOT for the next two days and I''m trying to help him get packed and spend a little QT with him before he leaves. I''ll catch up more on this thread tomorrow night!

Kimi, glad your life will be getting back to somewhat normal this week. Lorelei, so happy your treadmill is working again! Phoenixgirl, interesting stuff about the Utah liquor laws. Marcy, yay for only 5 weeks of school left! Skippy, I hope you post pics of your handmade window treatment, how exciting that your project will be finished tonight! Mara, your "catchup" weekend sounds great, I''m ready for one of those myself now after traveling the last two weekends only to come home and find DH had not been bitten by the housekeeping bug at all. Mrs.S, 3 miles is great, I''m glad you are taking such good care of yourself. Canuk, I hope your body mends itself soon, you''re right about needing to feel good for all the holiday activities coming up. Hi Rod, glad to hear you''re doing well this week and got your Monday sushi and frozen yogurt fix!

Good night all!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I stuck to my calories today and walked a lot at lunch and tonight.
36.gif

Lorelei, I am feeling better, thank you. It is important for us all to admit we will have ups and downs and good and bad days. The bad days make us appreciate the good days even more. The reason your thoughts hit home is because they are based on reality – your reality and we are all traveling down that same path. I can so identify with pretty much everything you say.
Kimi, I am so excited for you now that you get to go home. It is always nice to come home but I am sure you are appreciating it a lot more than we can imagine. I am relieved everything turned out okay at your house excited for loosing a refrigerator full of food.
Skippy, I do teach every semester. Spring is entirely online, summer is online and at an outreach college 35 miles away. I must like it or I wouldn’t keep saying yes. My knee feels a little better today. It sounds like you had some wonderful and healthy food today. Good luck getting your window treatment finished tonight. You’ll have to post pictures for us. I hope you have many more nice fall days to enjoy some more bike rides with your husband.
Mara, yay for new shades. They sound terrific. I was wondering too if my few days of indulgences would start me down a path of eating more and more junk food because this is the first time I’ve had a few extras for so many days in a row. But like you, I decided enough is enough – and got back to counting calories and making smart choices. Long term is what matters.
Sharon, glad to hear your knee didn’t hurt riding a bike. That sounds like an improvement. Yes, Christmas is coming soon. Aak!
Hi MrsSalvo. Yay for the instructor designing the sculpt class to be preggo friendly; that will be nice for you. That is wonderful your friend has lost 3 pounds from walking. Our high temperature today was probably 40. Enjoy the 70’s for me.
Rod, sorry to hear your shoulder is bothering you. It is strange how some things can flare up an old injury and other things don’t even bother it. I hope it feels better soon.
Monnie, I am so glad to hear you had a nice visit with your friend. Her daughter sounds adorable. Great idea to update your scrapbook. They are always fun.
Good night my PS friends. Sleep well.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys! Just wanted to check in quickly. Today is Andrew''s first day of soccer so we are about to get ready to go up there....he is so excited! I have done well with my workouts the past few days. Sat, Sun and Mon I ran 3 miles. I took today off because Adam had a 6am flight for a business trip and had to leave at like 4 this morning. He will be back in late tonight though, so I will run again tomorrow. I gained 2 pounds over the weekend with all my bday celebrations, but hopefully I can get those back off soon. I ate really well yesterday besides 1 bite of Andrew''s cupcake! Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Lorelei, great opener and completely relevent to me as I indulged this weekend with 2 birthdays to celebrate....but I am back on track now!

Skippy, he turned 3 years old Sat....he''s getting so big! And yes, I think Red Velvet cake is a southern thing, but I actually get mine from a mix from this yummy place out of beverly hills called Sprinkles Cupcakes. The mixes are sold at Williams-Sonoma and are soooo good. Then I just make my homemade creamcheese icing. My hubby had never had it either....his parents are from New York and he had never even heard of red velvet cake, but he loved them and said it was the best he had ever had! Anyway, I''m so excited for you that you finished your window treatment...you will have to post pictures:)

Mara, thinking about trying pilates. Are you sore this morning? I really need something that works out my abs. What all do you do as far as ab work?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...thanks guys for the good wishes for the treddy!!! I had a good walk on it last night, then as I had to nip to the post office in the village and Hubby had taken the vehicle keys with him
emotion-39.gif
, I decided to take a leaf out of MrsSalvo and Skippy's book and walk! It was a gorgeous day, the sun was out and the leaves falling, so I thoroughly enjoyed my walk! I even stopped off at our village church on the way back, which was built around the 13th century. It is an incredible place with vaults in the floor saying things like ' Here lieth Samuel Jones who left this life in the year of our lord 1668' for example - really makes you think!

There was an absolutely ancient grand piano in a corner, so being unable to resist any piano other than my own, I tried the lid expecting it to be locked - it opened!!! I guiltily tried the keys as I was alone in the church and it wasn't as badly out of tune as I expected. I thought about hitting the keys with a touch of Beethoven, but then I realized where I was, went red and slunk out of the church like a thief in the night....
6.gif

That was my day so far!
emembarrassed.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All,

Hooray for being home! And double hooray for the scale being nice to me! 128.0 is not too shabby for having been displaced and eating out for the majority of 2+ weeks.

Mara, I''m fascinated by pilates. I don''t want to shell out money to join a gym because I do so well between my elliptical and exercising outside but pilates just looks fun and interesting.

Skip, I meant to thank you for the hair compliment you gave me earlier, so sweet of you! I''m really liking the color too.

Monnie, sounds like such a fun trip.

Marcy, you''re such a good girl about staying on task!

Today is all about laundry and I think I''m just going to take it easy. I may go out for a walk later. Unfortunately our lovely lake burned and is closed down indefinitely so we won''t be going there for a while. But perhaps just a stroll through the neighborhood would be nice.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I lost my extra .8 pounds. Yippee!

Steph, no worries about your 2 pounds, they''ll come right back off. I hope Andrew''s first game goes well.
Lorelei, I am sure no one cares if you play the piano. The 13th century church sounds really cool!
Have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimmy, I wanted to mention on my last post and got carried away with my eclesiastical musings, I hope you and J are doing ok
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 9:27:36 AM
Author: Lorelei
Kimmy, I wanted to mention on my last post and got carried away with my eclesiastical musings, I hope you and J are doing ok
35.gif
Miss Lorelei, we''re doing great, both thrilled to be home. I rather enjoyed your eclesiastical musings and wish you would have played. Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, Lorelei thanks for sharing your wonderful morning; your walk and story warmed my heart! LOVE IT! I can just imagine you on your wonderful walk enjoying the fall leaves and the piano. I am very impressed that you play the piano!! How long have you been playing? That is so cool! It sounds like the pants weather is gone, no? If so, YAY!!! Glad you joined the walking club; I think walking is so cleansing for the mind and gives me "me time," while enjoying the fresh air.

Monnie, glad you had a good time w/your friend! I will be done w/the window treatment next week.
40.gif
Best wishes for todays dentist appt.

Rod, I think you are probably right about Carlos; they just want to string us along for the effect. hehe Yay for a good workout today! Hope you slept well.

Mara, wow, 6 pack will soon be on Mara's abs, yay!!! Sounds like you are doing well on the health front. Mmmm soup and grilled cheese; two of my favs!

Marcy, yay for walking!!! Wow, teaching and working full time! Yay for the .8 lbs

Steph, enjoy Andrew's 1st day of soccer! Yay for your runs
9.gif
Is red velvet cake chocolate w/lots of dye? Now you have me curious. hehee ETA: I looked it up; it has cocoa, sounds yummy.

Kimberly, I do like your hair color and the cute curls! When I saw your hair I thought "I wish my hair would do that." I swear I have horses thick hair so it never curls or anything. Oh well. Glad you are going for a walk. Hope things get better, so sorry about the lake!

Last night I went to sewing class and I still didn't finish. People commented how cute the window treatment is going to be; I thought I would be done but there are these dang details that I need to finish up. Next week I will post pics
40.gif

I was sad because I forgot to record Dancing w/the Stars when I went to my sewing class. I love that show. I will get a walk in or go to muscle hour; I haven't decided. Hubby and I are going to the chiroprator since our necks got all wonked out of shape and then we are going to lunch. I need to run to costco too for some salad and fruit. Hope everyone has a fab fall Tuesday
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Skippers, for the moment the pantsy weather has gone - yippee! I am glad you enjoyed my little walk story! Lessee...the piano...I started playing when I was 11, then stopped when I was 17 or so, then I started again about 5 years ago. It is a nice hobby to have, but I always find other pianos far more fun than my own! I hope to have a baby grand one day....If I come into some money - LOL!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 12:16:37 PM
Yes Skippers, for the moment the pantsy weather has gone - yippee! I am glad you enjoyed my little walk story! Lessee...the piano...I started playing when I was 11, then stopped when I was 17 or so, then I started again about 5 years ago. It is a nice hobby to have, but I always find other pianos far more fun than my own! I hope to have a baby grand one day....If I come into some money - LOL!!
Wow, that is very cool! I always wished I knew how to play the piano. I love looking at pianos too!
9.gif
As a kid i daydreamed about my dream house having a grand piano; I guess that won't happen since I don't know how to play and I need to win the lottery too. hehee I hope you get a baby gand!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 12:24:09 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/6/2007 12:16:37 PM
Wow, that is very cool! I always wished I knew how to play the piano. I love looking at pianos too!
9.gif
As a kid i daydreamed about my dream house having a grand piano; I guess that won''t happen since I don''t know how to play and I need to win the lottery too. hehee I hope you get a baby gand someday soon!
Its like with anything Skippers, it is easy when you know how, plus tons of practice of course! I hope you are able to learn one day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning wwt''ers!!

kim and steph, yeah the pilates was interesting. it''s challenging in that you have to be coordinated and move areas of your body all at the same time or you get really jerky non-fluid motions....but i am really not ''sore'' this morning. it takes a lot for me to become sore nowadays though. so i''m not the typical person off the street who might just try pilates and yes be sore. but i could def feel it ''working'' my muscles in different ways. my trainer is a dancer as well so part of what she is working on with me is better posture and ''lengthening'' of my muscles so some of the leg stuff we do is where i envision my legs getting longer and stretching a bit and it helps me go the extra tiny bit farther in the extension. i have always been curious about the pilates reformer as people make it look so easy but it was actually quite a challenge to use it! at $50 a pop for my sessions, doubt we will do it all the time as that seems like a steep ''rental'' fee for the machine, but i would like to do it maybe once every 2 weeks for an hour or similar. my gym doesn''t have one unfortunately or else i could use it on my own once i got better at it. the interesting thing is that you can work legs AND arms AND abs on it. you just turn different ways and use different angles etc. my abs are not really sore today, but they have quickly adapted to working out every day, so that is good. i also did MORE abs last nite when i got home from the workout.

in terms of what i do for abs...i don''t do that much in terms of variety, but what i have learned from my trainer is it''s QUALITY and not quantity. no one should really have to do 100 crunches to see results. the idea is that you flatten your back to the floor, have no arch at all, and scoop your abs in by pulling your muscles DOWN to the floor (aka imagine them scooping down to your back on the floor). THEN you start doing crunches or situps or whatever, in that ''tight'' form shape. it helps protect your back and you don''t strain your neck as much either. i only do about 15 crunches in 3 diff ways, 2x repeat, before i am done. so i do the basic crunch, knees up, elbows out, abs tight for 15. then i cross my legs indian style and do 15 crunches like that (works the entire length of your abs, not isolating top or bottom), then i put my legs straight in the air crossed over each other and do 15 like that. then i typically do about 40 crossover bicycles (again pulling abs down, it gets harder with movement like this). then i repeat the set again. that''s it. it takes me like 7 minutes total maybe. so it''s not a huge committment in terms of time for my day to do it daily. but i don''t think that i could have just started doing them daily if i had not already been doing them 3x a week. i just kept upping it til it was daily. oh also when i am at the gym i do those pullups on that machine where you stand up and balance on your elbows then pull your legs up into your chest. i typically do like 2-3 sets of 15 anytime i am at the gym. lastly, if you have a yoga ball thing you can do abs on there...if you have a medicine ball you can roll back and forth on the ball and have someone toss the ball to you and you roll back and catch it, pulling yourself up with abs to throw it back to them. you might be able to do this against a wall or something too if you don''t have another person to help.

but also what has been helping me with my abs is pulling them in when sitting or standing or walking...instead of just relaxing them all the time. i am noticing that my posture is becoming better in general and i pull my abs in more without even thinking about it. so i kind of am constantly working them this way. if you sit up in your chair, back flat against it, imagine pulling your abs in, holding for a sec then releasing. if you even do this like 1-2x a day for 1 minute you will get some work in there!

anyhow there is some ab wisdom for ya''ll from what i have been learning. i really do see a diff in my abs...and since my eating last week wasn''t all that fabulous with all that candy, i definitely think that the extra ab work i have been doing is affecting my visuals for sure. so yay for that.

hope everyone is having a good tuesday. i had an egg white omelet for breakkie and a slice of toast with lf butter and honey. lunch might be canned campbells veggie beef soup or i might go get a chicken kebab depending on how i feel. workout tonite is in the work gym, excited to try out my new nano with the armband i bought yesterday. i''ll do walk/run combo on the treaddie and about 10-15 of intervals on the elliptical and then do probably just legs today in terms of squats, bootie busters, jump rope, etc. and abs of course!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, someday I would love to take up piano.

Today I had plans to go for a walk or the gym. Well my mom called asking me if I could watch my nephew because she had an appt she almost forgot about. I brought my workout clothes w/me so I could talk my nephew for a long walk in his stroller. Well when I got to my parents house my nephew was asleep. I thought darn, I can''t watch tv all afternoon
14.gif
So I started cleaning; their house has lots of tile so I picked up all the rugs, swept, vacuumed and mopped for an hour straight! I got a really good housework workout. My mom was super happy and I was happy to help out and get a decent workout in.
9.gif
Hubby is coming down w/a cold so I need to do extra cleaning in my house, crossing my finger I don''t catch what he has. Have a lovely evening all!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say hello all. it was just me and Zoe walking early this am but it was nice. tomorrow is my long walk with my friend who I call supermom b/c she''s just so amazing. works full time from home, room mom for her son''s class, goes in an teaches an art project once a week, has lunch with her son at school once a week, does the school website, manages to find time to attend a lot of mom''s group activities with her 3 year old...etc..etc..seriously she is supermom. We have so much fun walking and talking though and i''m really looking forward to it.

skippy, i didn''t make my sculpt class today as planned either. sometime life just gets in the way and that''s okay!!

hope everyone else is having a great evening...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. BF was ½ grapefruit and cheerios, lunch was a lean cuisine and small piece of French bread toasted and I had 2 tacos for supper with some slow churned ice cream. My ice cream was soft serve; I’m worried my freezer is going on the fritz or the door keeps not shutting all the way.
I wore one of my new outfits today and I bet I had 2 dozen people tell me I looked nice or looked skinny today. I was more excited to hear the skinny comments.
Kimi, I am sure you and John are both thrilled to be home. Sorry to hear the lake is closed down, I am sure the walk through you neighborhood will be difficult when you see what was destroyed. Yay for the scale being kind.
Skippy, I try to walk more and more all the time. Yes, I do keep busy with 2 jobs but I get bored pretty easy so that’s fine. I am sure your window treatment will turn out great. I hope the chiropractor helped your necks. I love the big heating pad they put on your back. How sweet of you to clean your mom’s house for her. I wish someone would come clean my house. Tee hee. I hope your husband gets better and you don’t get sick.
Lorelei, yay for the weather not being pants right now. I used to play the piano too; I can still remember a few things but doubt I could read music much anymore. It is fun.
Mara, once you said you had to be coordinated to do pilates I knew I won’t be doing them. I am not coordinated. That is so wonderful you are in such great shape that new exercises don’t make you very sore.
MrsSalvo, you morning walk with Zoe sounds nice. Your friend sounds like a wonderful mom, that is really great.
Well, take care and have a great evening.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for showin'' off your stuff today, Miss Marcy! I bet you looked fabulous.

I did just about nothing, aside from laundry and a teeny bit of schoolwork, today. I am just plain spent. I go back to work tomorrow and am really missing my kidlets, but physically exhausted from all of the stress and traveling over the past few weeks. I hate the word stress, it''s such a psycho-babble, armchair phsychology term, but I can''t think of another that fits.

John made enchiladas for dinner, his low fat version, yummy!

I was looking through pictures I''d taken in the past few weeks and had to share this with you all, I forgot that I had taken it. It''s the view from our house the first evening we returned to our neighborhood after the fires. It''s such a beautiful picture, especially considering so much around us is a charred mess, and I thought you might enjoy it. Especially you, my picture loving friend, Skippy.

Hopefully I''ll have more interesting, WWTer related things to report in the coming week. Until then thanks for humouring me.

Aftermath.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin.......Another long long day, but not a bad one at least.

Loved your walk story Lorelei. The one thing I felt so strong when we were in Paris was the history and how incredibly long things had been where they are. I guess that''s pretty much true of most of Europe. It''s amazing that you can walk to something that existed in the 1600''s! Anyway, cool story and I''m with Skippy.....you should have just started playing the piano!

Skippy, how amazing you are to clean your moms house as a workout. Sorry you didn''t get to take the walk, but sounds like necessity was the mother of invention (or so they say). I hope hubby doesn''t get too sick and you don''t catch it.

Enjoy your walk with Supermom, Mrssalvo. I''m betting you''re right up there on the superness scale!!

Terrific picture Kimberly. I hope life is returning to normal for you and John.

Didn''t get to the gym till after 6 tonight. And I was really not in the mood to go. For some reason though, when I''m not really looking forward to a workout, I wind up having an excellent one in spite of myself. And the gym was super crowded tonight. Don''t know why, but it was packed. Still, I was able to do all I usually do on a Tuesday night and I even was lucky enough to end the evening on my favorite elliptical. So, it was a productive workout for sure. And I''ll chime in on ab stuff for a moment. As you know, I''m a big big believer in working one''s core, which is really working your abdomen. So, I spend the first 20 minutes of every workout (every workout) doing core work. Like Mara, it''s made quite a difference in my posture and I must admit that at this time in my life (nearly 53 years young), I''m finally developing a six pack. LOL

Anyway, that''s about all I know. I hope your Tuesday was nice and here''s to a great Wednesday for all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results