shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 31st Dec till 6th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

TDM, I have that same junk food problem. John has a small treat or two every night before he goes to bed and if he buys something I love I have him hide them. He''s not so savvy at it, they usually end up at the very top of our pantry, I would prefer somewhere in his office, but I have to climb the shelves to get up there so I usually stay away.

Stephanie, did you find a dress? Hooray for Adam''s future promotion and a move near family.

Rod, sorry for a bad day back at work.

golden, use that cold to your advantage, but not too much. Eat healthy soups and veggies. Take care of yourself.

Skip, thinking of you today.

So I weighed myself this morning. Being home, and sick, hasn''t been the best thing for me. I''ve sat around a lot more than usual. I way 128.2. Not tragic or anything, but certainly not great.

The girls day got bigger, two of my aunts are going to come as well. My cousin lives about 1/2 way between all of us. Should be very fun. I''m trying to convince my mom to come but she doesn''t want to drive in the rain (SCal is slotted for 5 days worth starting this afternoon).

Have a great day all.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Two degrees here in Chicago. Walking the dog is now cruel and unusual punishment, although not for the dog, who is half Siberian Husky. He wants to stay out all day. It feels like so much more of a "workout" when I''m fighting to keep my face from freezing and falling off!

Sorry I did not check in yesterday, Phoenixgirl -- I haven''t forgotten about you. More later...it''s been tough crafting my response to your situation because I''m trying desperately to separate what I know about anorexia from what I know is just my mom''s personality. However, I am resigning myself to the fact that she displays "classic" symptoms and quite frankly, I am amazed she is still alive at this point. She has had chronic health problems for the last 20 years or so...and ultimately, I think she will pass away from a health complication related to this awful situation. So really, who am I to be giving advice on how to help? All I can do is share my experience and maybe we can (all) see a way for you to help your friend.

Had a relatively uneventful trip home. Somehow, magically, we hit a "window" in the storm and were only 15 minutes delayed. Amazing! Diet Dr. Pepper on the plane -- nice touch.

Yesterday I did 35 hard minutes on the elliptical, although I did have to stop twice for a few minutes...my endurance is really bad, although I am reading more and more data suggesting that it''s just as good for you to break up your workouts into segments. I don''t really want to do that, I do want to eventually be able to go 35, 45, even 60 minutes at a shot, but that''s a process. I also did some ab/back work, which I seriously need since the car accident threw me for a loop. Ate really well -- lots of oatmeal for breakfast, a turkey wrap with wasabi mustard for lunch, and a yummy (and almost too light for this weather) tilapia with veggies dinner. I''m now back down to a more comfortable weight and am still shooting for 3.8 more pounds by the 26th, which is our annual huge party (We call it Loftapalooza...200 people are invited...it''s nuts and soon I need to figure out a menu.) So I figure that''s a good goal, and then after that I want to work on overall fitness, endurance, toning, lifestyle, etc.

Today is Bowflex and Clean the House Like a Madwoman day. I feel like nesting right now. Must be the cold.

I am very much looking forward to our dinner tonight; I''m roasting a chicken, baking some sweet potatoes, and a healthy side of frozen veggies. Yummo! There''s nothing like a roasted chicken.

Will write more later.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Exercised about 30 minutes today--same routine. It is somewhat warm out there so when I go to recycle my XMas tree, I just may get a walk in.

Enjoy your day, folks!

cheers--Sharon

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked 30 min on the treadmill during lunch today and I''m having some homemade veggie beef soup for lunch. I made a huge pot the other night so that should make almost two weeks of work lunches.

golden

Shiny_Rock
What is a good salad dressing that is low in calories and fat and most importantly, tasty?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!!

i''ve been reading but lazy about checking in...

I posted our pictures from Mendocino here in Hangout:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/california-coast-new-years.75434/

I was just going to post you guys a sunset but then I had so many fun pictures I decided to make a thread!

golden, I use TJ''s fat free balsamic, it''s simple.

didn''t work out last nite, instead we had burritos from this yummy local fresh cali mex place and cookies for dessert.

tonite i have my trainer for the first time in a week and a half (yikes!) and zumba. it''s TTOTM so i am feeling a little tired, but oh well i''ll make it through!

it''s a drag to be back at work, thank god it''s thursday, almost the weekend!!

have a great day all!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year Everyone! My resolutions are to get up earlier (and go to bed earlier!) so I can run a few times of week and to be really good about eating breakfast first thing every morning. Now I just have to go to the store so I have cereal and milk in the house--my favorite is Kashi Vive. Anyone else have favorites?

I''m finally back in LA and into the swing of things. I''ve missed all of your support while I was away, but I managed to get away with only gaining a pound (up to 146) over the holidays (which is shocking given the artichoke dip that Kris and I made for New Years!). It was a very lazy vacation--went for a few walks, but spent most of it sitting on the couch watching movies and knitting.
3.gif

I got back yesterday morning but drove straight in to work from out of town (getting up at 5 to drive for 2 hours then work 10 hours was LAME), so my exercise thus far has sadly consisted of carrying a ton of stuff up the stairs to my apartment and unpacking. I''m going to be getting a lot of this type of activity in the next month because Kris just got a job down here and we are moving! We''re pretty thrilled about it, even if the apartment hunting and moving part isn''t so much fun.

Lorelei, that was a beautiful post to start this week''s thread! Congratulations on getting to a place where you''re so happy with your body.

Phoenixgirl, I don''t have any advice to offer, but I wanted to say what a good friend you are. Hopefully she has more people in her life like you that care enough to try to help. Also, good luck to your husband and I''m impressed that you can wear such cool clothes in the winter--I freeze no matter what!

Marcy, yay for hitting the 140 mark!
36.gif

Skippy, I''m so sorry to hear about your aunt.

tdiddy, that story made me smile--I''m glad your asthma attack wasn''t a bad one.

DeeJay, congrats on the new car! We''re thinking an Acura might be our next car as well--they handle more like European cars with the safety of Japanese cars, which is nice.

Mara, Mendocino is beautiful! It sounds like you had a great time.

Steph, congratulations on trying for another baby! It sounds like you''re on track to be really healthy this time around. Also, HUGE congrats on the job for Adam! 2008 seems like a great year for career opportunities.

Golden, good luck with your goals! For salad dressing, I usually make my own. Olive oil, balsamic or red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Yum!

Lindsey, sounds like the heart monitor is really awesome--yay for exercising at the level that''s right for you!

Linda, I hope you feel better soon!

Rod, it sounds like you had a nice relaxing New Years Day! The sirloin sounds like it was awesome.

Kimberly, glad to hear you''re feeling better!

Shortblonde, did you go to Seasons 52? I''ve totally been there! Unfortunately, when you eat lots of the bite sized desserts, they''re no longer as healthy.
38.gif
Good luck with the healthy eating in 2008.

Zoe, have you been to a Chiropracter? I went a week ago because I''d been having back problems and it helped enormously.

tandogmom, I know what you mean about food--it is definitely my weakness as well.

monarch, sounds like the snow shoveling was quite the workout! That''s something we definitely don''t have to do in LA.

Jas, glad you made it home safely! I can''t believe how cold it is there. I thought it was bad when it got down into the high 30s here the other day!

I hope everyone is having a great 3-day week. I can''t believe how quickly I''ve already gotten into the stressed out from work mindset, but my other resolution is to try to relax more, so I''m working on that.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mara, can I find TJ''s at any supermarket?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday all!

This morning I went over to the gym first thing (LOL, now 8:30 is "first thing" for me!) and did my usual 65 mins on the elliptical, and I've just been catching up on things since then. I did walk the monsters a little while ago and I second jas's post that its DAMN COLD out there!

Foodwise I've been pretty good only because the cleaning lady was here for most of the day and I hate to go tromping through the kitchen a bunch of times while she's trying to get things done. Maybe that's the answer to my eating--have a full time live in cleaning lady...

Gotta go meet with someone and then do a showing so I'm off!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
i''m with jas and dj - wow, is it cold here! not very motivating.

yes, the restaurant was seasons 52. i checked out their website and it looks like they have several locations in florida as well as a couple in atlanta. and i stuck to just one mini dessert - eating multiples would indeed defeat the purpose!

i ended up having half a spinach white pizza and a big salad for dinner last night, evening snacks were a cup of mulled wine and a small piece of dark chocolate. i also did the elliptical for 40 minutes and had a serving of 0% fage yogurt right afterwards while making dinner.
today''s meals: pumpkin bran muffin for breakfast, peanut butter sandwich on wheat with about a half cup of black-eyed peas for lunch, and a small skim latte as a snack. my friend also sent me homemade christmas cookies at the office, so i had two small ones with my latte.
18.gif
dinner will be thai-curried tofu and veggies with brown rice, and i''ll probably snack on fage and more mulled wine later in the evening.

off to run errands and try to stay warm in the process!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Shortblonde, glad you had fun in Florida. I will have to check out that resturant since it looks like we will be moving to the Orlando area soon.

Apple, yay for a good workout yesterday!

Skippy, didn''t get up to the mall with the sharper image...it takes forever to get there in the traffic, but I did find a dress at the other mall so yea! I posted about it in my other thread.

Kimi, I did find a great dress, thanks! Your hike sounds like so much fun.

Hi, Zoe! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Canuk, Working outside def. counts!

Lindsey, the mint kisses sound great, I don''t need to try them or I might get hooked though!

Tdiddy, thanks for encouraging words about getting healthy before my next pregnancy. I feel you on the being too cold to run. I am about to go and it is freezing here!

Marcy, I did find a nice dress, but didn''t get the US cleaner yet. If they still have them this weekend, I will pick one up though.

Rod, I love mocha fraps, but stopped getting those when I started losing weight. I don''t really like their plain coffee too much, but their website is great and I found several drinks for around 100 cals. Yea for a 2.5 hour workout, that is awesome especially when you don''t want to go in the first place!

TanDog, I am with you on the junk food...if it''s in the house, it is too much of a temptation!

Monarch, yea for being on the workout wagon again. I bet it is nice to slow down a bit after the holiday madness. I did find a great dress and will post a pic soon!

DJ, glad you liked the car when you were finally able to see it. Blue/grey sounds like a great color.

Golden, I wouldn''t weigh everyday. I have finally stopped doing that and am much happier. I try to only weigh once a week now and just pay attention to how my clothes are fitting.

Jas, I can''t even think about 2 degrees. Yikes!

Mara, loved the pics of your trip!

Hi, Ladypirate! Kashi go lean crunch is my fave. I usually throw some blueberries or banana slices on top, yummy
18.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oooh--I like the Go Lean Crunch as well! That''s my staple when I can''t find the Vive. And you should definitely check out Seasons 52--their location in Orlando is right on a lake and it is GORGEOUS.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Hello WWT!! I lurk a lot on this thread, but with about 5 months to go to our wedding I figured now is a good time to come out! I''d like to lose about 5-7 lbs, but more importantly I want to tone. Especially my arms and I wouldn''t mind losing LOTS of inches on my thighs (major problem area for me). I feel like I''m a pretty healthy eater. When I do indulge I try to keep the portions small, so I think I have the food part of the equation covered. But I just HATE working out. When the weather is nice I love being outside and being active (walking, taking bike rides), but the gym is just sooooooooo boring. I''m in NJ so the weather is certainly NOT nice right (try 13 degrees!), so the activities I enjoy are out for the time being. I have a gym at work that I could easily go to, but my motivation is lacking. The point of my ramble : How do you get motivated to work out? Any advice/help would be great!

To make this official...here is what I''m starting with:

Weight - 132
height - 5''3"
Chest - 33
Waist - 27
Hip - 39...can you say pear shaped? hehe
thighs - 23 (can''t believe i''m writing that!)
arms - 10.5 (hate my arms too!)

Lastly, I''m realistic about what I can and can''t lose. I''ve never been less than 125 as and adult. While I''m small framed, I tend to build muscle easily so have always weighed more than what I appear to weigh.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I couldn''t find TJ''s dressing at Kings Supermarket. I did pick up Wish Bone''s lite honey dijion. It''s fab...I added a little water so it wasn''t so sweet and so make a little more of a serving, has anyone done this or is this entirely odd?? hahahaha I did add too much water, so I know better for next time.
I was back fown that .5lbs this morning WHEW!! I know the weight is not going to come off as fast or at all w/o exercising. I hope to be feeling better and back on the treadmill this weekend.
I hope I am getting enough calories on the points I am eating. I am doing 20-25 points which I belive is 1250ish calories. I would definitely not go any lower then 1200 calories...I wanted to start at 1400. Hmmmm what to do what to do!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I had a decent day; I ate fine but didn't have a chance to workout. The funeral ended up being an all day sort of thing and now I am exhausted. It was good to see family I had not seen for awhile. I promised to make some meal for my uncle so that it helps him out a little during this time. So my sister and I want to do that this weekend. Hubby made dinner so that was nice. I will post to each of you tomorrow and I hope to get a nice long walk in too! Have a wonderful evening you awesome friends and hugs to each of you!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I love all the posts on this thread and seeing new people.
I noticed today my butt and thighs are going down again. That is so COOL!!! My jeans I bought a few weeks ago are baggy. Yippee.
I hope everyone is having a great day. I made homemade pizza for supper so I am pleasantly full and satisfied. 2 pieces is about 400 to 450 calories. I use the Betty Crocker crust mix, Ragu pizza quick sauce, 2% mozzarella cheese and 96% lean hamburger.
Monnie, shoveling snow sounds like a major chore but it is good exercise. We finally were above freezing today and some of our snow melted. My DH had Chinese for lunch today and was pretty stuffed from it. Thanks for the congrats; so far my year is going great.
DeeJay, it sounds like you work a lot of hours but I am sure it is fun too. I am glad you had a great workout at the gym today.
Golden, I am compulsive about weighing. I know a lot of people say you shouldn’t focus on the scale but on eating healthy and more exercise. I am trying all 3 and since it’s working for me so far; I don’t plan on making any changes. Yeah for loosing some weight already, boo for getting a cold. I hope you get better soon. I like the Kraft Zesty fat free Italian dressing.
Hi Lorelei.
Steph, I am delighted to hear about the great job opportunity for Adam. Congratulations! That is very exciting news. It looks like you’ll be house hunting soon. It’s also comforting to know you’ll have family there for babysitting and just to have someone around if you need help. I am glad you found a nice dress. I don’t think I’ll be looking for a dress until summer only because I’m always so cold.
Kimi, I hope you had a great day shopping with the girls. No worries on a few pounds, they’ll come right back off and I am sure you walked around a lot today.
Jas, that is COLD. I am sure your Siberian husky is more suited for that weather than you are. I am sorry to hear your mom struggles with anorexia. You’ll be in great shape by the party on the 26th with all of your workouts and healthy eating. Your baked chicken sounds delicious.
Sharon, I am glad you warmed up a little bit there; we did too and it is sure a welcome change.
Appletini, yeah for the healthy soup for lunch plus working out.
Mara, your pictures are fabulous. I know what you mean about it being a drag being back at work but the weekend is in sight.
Ladypirate, it sounds like you had a great trip. That is great to only gain one pound over the holidays. I think hauling things up the stairs is quite a workout for you. Thanks for the congratulations.
Shortblonde, stay warm!
CDT, I am sure you can loose inches and a few pounds by your wedding. It is hard to get motivated to go out and do things when it’s cold. I like to go wander around the mall for awhile but of course that usually lightens my pocket book too.
Skippy, that is very nice of you and your sister to offer to make dinner for your uncle this weekend. I am sure he will appreciate it. I am sending a big HUG your way. Rest up and take it easy. Enjoy your walk.
I’ll check in later.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All,

It's late, so this need's to be somewhat short........

Golden, not trying to speak for Mara but I believe when she refers to TJ's, she means Trader Joes, so you won't find that in your regular supermarket. And Lorelei gave you the best advice about weighing yourself. Once a week at the same time same conditions is the best way to go!

Steph, congratulations on the move to Orlando. We lived in Oviedo, which is a suburb of Orlando from 1990 - 1992. You'll love Winter Park for sure!

Gail, I didn't follow EVERY single core exercise in the book, but did try most of them and do many of them religiously. Best advice is to try them and see what works best for you.

Monnie, sorry for the cold and chipping away at the ice and thanks for the so heartfelt (LOL) sympathy for our cold temps down here and yes, both Bimmers have heated seats!!

And to our Chicago friends, sorry, but 2 degree's does not compute...........

Kimberly, I'm betting the weight is entirely fluid based. Hope you're feeling much better!

Great pics Mara. Enjoy your training session!

Welcome cdt!! Nobody likes their own body. No one!!

Skippy, I'm sure you're just drained after the funeral. Did you feel me hugging you today? I hope you knew I was thinkng about you.......

OK.....couldn't sleep past 6, which is odd for me, so I got out earlier than normal. Dumb me. Just meant that I worked longer hours and still didn't leave the office until after 6. I did get a lot done today, so that was a good thing. Went directy from the office to the gym and my workout was really good. I've been adding more things (need to stop adding things or I'll never get out of there) but it's actually good to mix it up more. cdt made me think about a discussion I had with one of the trainers the other day. He's a young guy and is in absolutely perfect fitness and has movie start looks to boot. Anyway, I asked him if when he looks in a mirror he's pleased with what he sees and he immediately started rattling off areas that disappoint him and need some extra work. I'm thinking, man if he's not happy with the way he looks, people like me might as well jump off the roof of the building right now. Of course I jest, but it does point out that while many of us work out and work out hard, we are often not truly satisfied with what we've accomplished. Me included. And I need to stop it and just be happy that I've made such good progress and with my 53rd birthday just three days away, I should be happy with where I am physically.

OK...Rod Sermon Over...........Now, go to sleep Rod. Good night!

Ps: Sorry for the "somewhat short," too long post!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hope you sleep well tonight. The discussion with your trainer is so interesting. It just goes to show that nobody is happy with everything about themselves. We know and magnify our imperfections that other people probably never see. You should be very proud of how far you’ve come. You are a workout machine and strive to improve yourself everyday. Happy Birthday this weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippers, sending you a hug.

Rod, I hope you get some shut eye soon!

LP thanks for your kind words!

Hi to all! Did another good 50 mins last night, I have given up the Waltons, and now am back on Touched by an Angel for my workout DVDs!
12.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, that is so funny that you said that....our family that lives there lives in Oviedo and they suggested we look into Winter Park! Thanks for the advice!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
LP, thanks for the info. on that resturant. We will def. have to look into it. We really haven't been eating out a lot since trying to lose weight b/c everything is so bad for you!

Marcy, your pizza sounds yummy and not too bad for you at all!

Skippy, sending a hug your way. You are very thoughtful for making dinner for your uncle.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, yeah for another great workout and enjoy watching your new program while working out.

Steph, the pizza isn’t bad. I notice the low fat cheese is a little chewy but it doesn’t taste bad. Have fun getting ready for your cruise.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I will have to try the pizza when we get back from the cruise. We have been leaving off a lot of the extra carbs until the cruise is over, but we love pizza so I need a lf version. I use 2% shredded cheese and really like that, is that what you used?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Our girls day was fun. My mom and another aunt came along so there were 8 of us. We spent the afternoon in San Juan Capistrano. Had lunch at an Italian place (I had 1/2 a caprese panini w/ 1/2 the moz removed and about 15 french fries) and then shopped, wandered and chit chatted. My mom bought me a very early birthday present (my birthday is in July) that looks great on my fireplace (lanterns for candles) and it was just a nice day. Got home around 8, John made a small dinner for us, ravioli and salad, yummy. I wish we all lived closer and could spend more time together.

Today is my last weekday off. I have some school work to do and I think I''ll do a bit of reading, along with spending some time on my elliptcal. I''m at the tailend of this cold, still have the runny, stuffy head stuff going on, but feel much better overall.

I think the weight will come off when I return to work and am moving around more. I am perpetual motion at school, at home and sick I''ve spent a fair amount of time just sitting around.

Stephanie, I''m glad you found your dress.

Welcome, cdt, it''s a pleasure to have you and congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I don''t have any great advice for you. Working out is just something that you have to incorporate into your life, if it''s a chore, think about it like cleaning house. I have it in my head that I will work out at least three times a week. Sometimes I do more, most times I meet my minimum (3 elliptical workouts and then some sort of outdoor activity on the weekends). It''s just a no excuses sort of thing. If you need pushing, come here and ask for it, we''ll guilt you into going to the gym, we promise
2.gif

Rod, what a busy day. More added to your workout, you stud! It''s amazing how many people are unhappy with their bodies, faces, etc. Very sad.

Skip, I''m glad you were got to spend the day with family. I hope you found comfort in being surrounded by people who share the love you feel for your aunt.

Marcy, proof that saggy butt jeans aren''t always a bad thing. YAY!

Mara, your pictures are gorgeous. Enjoy your trainer and zumba today.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes I forgot to say welcome cdt!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oops, don''t think I said welcome to cdt either
35.gif

Kimi, sounds like your girls day was lots of fun!

Hi, Lorelei!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone for the welcome! I''m happy to report that last night I did an arm workout w/ free weights that I have at home, as well as various other small exercises (juming jacks, abs). Not much, but it''s a start.

My fiance is thinking of joining a tae kwon do/kicking boxing class near our house, I''m thinking of doing it w/ him. We are scheduled for a ''trial'' class Monday night. Hopefully I enjoy it
4.gif

On the eating front, I had my usual Thomas'' whole grain light english muffin w/ PB for breakfast. And just had my mid-morning snack (banana). So far so good today.

I''m not around here much on the weekends, so enjoy your weekend everyone!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! i am so happy it's friday, it was so hard to get out of bed today.

we have a 'bad storm' for our area today...it started yesterday so that means a lot of rain and winds. we don't get too many huge storms like this, so for us this is a big deal whereas i bet in many other areas it'd be a regular winter storm or something. the trees outside are whipping around and the windows covered in rain. i am def not looking fwd to driving into work but i plan to go in maybe 30 min later than usual so that traffic will hopefully not be too bad. this week traffic has been light anyway as i think a lot of people are still out of town!!

had my trainer last nite then zumba...my trainer obviously didn't remember that yesterday was thursday because he never showed up or called which is totally unlike him! i figure he must have thought it was tuesday or been thrown off somehow. so lucky for me, my other trainer (mondays) was there helping someone else, so she agreed to stay with me and we did a 45 min workout of arms and shoulders and back and some abs. and then i did the hour of zumba....as our little class starts to get better at the basics, the pace is picking up so it's becoming more of a 'real' workout for me which is nice. someone else is going to take over on thurs, apparently the one who taught all our instructors and supposedly she kicks your butt so i am looking fwd to that and having the more mellow guy on saturdays.

it felt so good to be back at it yesterday...while i was doing abs and cardio during the time off, i didn't really do any muscle resistant or weights, i figured it would be good to have some time off for my muscles, but they felt like they were atrophying even though they looked the same. i liked being sore last nite for sure.

thankfully most of the sweets in the house and office are gone and we are on our last few tamales too. all the gals at work have noticed that we have totally become addicted to sugar and snacking from having all this stuff around, so now we are all like DETOX!! i might see if my friend wants to do a 5 day one with me next week...nothing extreme, just no sweets, less on the useless carbs and more on the lean proteins, veggies, fruits and complex carbs.

last nite we had some grilled TJ's chicken (by the way golden, sorry i didn't respond sooner but TJ's is Trader Joe's...it's a store) with high fiber wraps and 2% blended cheese and i made quesadillas, along with TJ's roasted red pepper soup, we love that stuff. then we played scrabble (where i reclaimed my crown by 3 points) and drank apple cider and greg had egg nog. we're on the last of our cider and egg nog so we are sad as i'm not sure if the store is still carrying egg nog. i can make more cider easily but it's just a chore...though maybe this wkd. i have been enjoying it in the evenings and it's a good way to wean myself from sugar a bit as it's sweet but not overpowering...last nite i just had the cider and some candy cane rather than 3-4 cookies WITH the cider. hehee.

overall i would imagine i gained a few lbs but i'm not going to weigh myself today...maybe on monday or tuesday. i can tell by the feel of my clothes that i am maybe 2-3 lbs above where i was, so i know what i have to do to get back to where i was. it'll take me about a week hopefully and that is good anyway because it's time to get back to normal!

anyhow, skip sorry that you had an exhausting day...hugs. kimi your day sounded like fun! welcome cdt. lady pirate good to see you checking in. everyone else sounds like they are doing spot on, our group is so fabulous that way, a bunch of TROOPERS!! marcy, kudos on making a healthy pizza. steph, thanks for the kudos on my pictures hehee...we had a blast in mendo for sure.

oh and lorelei i forgot to say i love the fuzzy bunny, that is sooo super cute, i had a big white french lop when i was a little girl...she looked like a huge cat!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Had a great workout, 50 minutes on the elliptical.

We''re laying low this weekend. J is making risotto for dinner tonight, should be yummy.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked another 30 min on the treadmill today. I thought about going to the TBT class, but decided to take it easy b/c I didnt want to get super sweaty and have to wash my hair and then leave it wet, especially since its been so cold here.

Mara, You need to convince TJs to open a store in Houston....its torture to always hear you rave about their food and I think to myself I want to try that, but I can''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results