shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th Nov till 2nd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in:

Rod, I am so very sorry!!! Lots of fairy dust and positive thoughts coming your way. Having a plan of action and remaining calm are smart choices.
Stephanie, have a great suprise weekend.
Lorelei and Monnie, yay for you for continuing not to smoke.
Skip, it''s finally raining here. It''s only supposed to for a bit, but we''ll take something over nothing.
Marcy, I don''t know what CA looks like in that movie, I''ll have to find a picture. I still haven''t talked to my sister, we keep missing each other. Hooray for 136 lbs lost, you amazing lady!

Have a great day all. I''m working in a 1st grade class, rainy days and Fridays make kids a bit crazy, this should be interesting.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add....
Rod, I''m thinking about you. Good for you for being calm about the situation...like they say, it is always easier to find a job when you have a job, so starting the search now would probably be a good idea. I like your idea of jewelry sales...I really want to do that when Andrew starts school, but like you said I''m not sure if I want to go into retail b/c of the hours, but it would be fun I think.
Marcy, yay for the 136 pounds lost...that is incredible! You go girl!
Kimberly, I used to be a kindergarten teacher...I agree rainy days and fridays are hard:) Hopefully they will be good for you!
Well, I''m off to pack!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moring all; we too are getting rain. I got up and put on my sweats at 7am so I have no excuse not to go for a walk. Well I look outside and it is drizzly/wet and low 30's outside so I will try again this afternoon. I am baby sitting my nephew this morning because my sister is volunteering to read to kids at the library. After I watch him I will meet hubby for lunch.
41.gif

Chicago WWT people; I hear you will be getting SNOW!!!

DeeJay, have fun tonight at your party!!!!

Mara, hoping today is less stressful!

Marcy whooo hooo for the 136 weight loss!

Hey, Steph.

Rod, sending you a big hug today!!!!

Kimi, maybe we are sharing the same clouds
2.gif
YAY for rain; I bet you are LOVING it!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Keep warm--to all the folks who are getting bad weather; ours will be here again tomorrow.

Rod: I am sorry for the news you received and having to lay people off before Christmas. Please come over for a glass of bubbly...or wait your place is warmer...I''ll be there around 8.

Come he** or high water I''ll be in the pool in Monday--honestly!!

Enjoy your exercise and weight loss successes folks!!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Rod: I am thinking about you. My heart goes out to you today.

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

not much to report here but following along as usual.

Rod, so sorry about the layoffs but good for you for being proactive, if you have to move on, i know you''ll find the right thing...

skippy, are you hiking in the am? after 2 weeks of not being able to meet up with my gal pals we are back on tomorrow!! i will try to remeber my camera for all, you''ve got to see the amazing deer.....

hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all! (well still morning here)

had a busy day yesterday...had my trainer for an hour and we worked on upper back and chest, a lot of traps and delts, till it BURNED. and lots of abs. and then i did 30 min of Zumba. headed off and changed/showered, and greg and i went to visit my cousin's new baby. she's so cute..and greg looked WAY too happy holding her. i took a bunch of pictures and sent them out last nite to other family members who are not local so they could see as well. my cousin and her boyfriend are so over the moon about the baby, she's adorable. my mom says she looks like me when i was a baby, which is kind of funny.

then greg and i got healthy burritos on the way home and i ate 2/3 of mine and put the other 1/3 in the fridge. oh and only ate like 1/2 my tortilla on the 2/3. had some coleslaw and a handful of chips too, lots of water and some mango lime agua fresca (which i love). then i fell asleep on the couch at 10pm in the middle of survivor! i don't know why i was so tired!

today i am going to do some cardio in the downstairs gym and not do any weights for arms or legs. and maybe give abs a break too. tomorrow i'm going to zumba class in the morning. tonite we are having sushi with our neighbors, yummy!!!

rod, i am sorry to hear about your company, but i think it's great you start looking around. and you already know what you will and won't want to do...it's great to have a strict set of requirements for job happiness.
monnie, you crack me up girl, do you know how many women would love to have tights fall down and boots that are too big on your calves? hehee...but i hear ya on the calves thing, i have always had skinnier legs and i love stretchy pull on boots (like franco sarto) rather than zip up since my calves typically float around in boots. however now that i am doing more hiking and the workouts with legs and all that, i finally have slightly more shapely calves, so they fill out my boots a bit better, love it. so i hear ya.
skip, love the new avatar...!! all the holiday cheer is so fun.
marcy, YAY for 136 pounds down, that is crazy! and awesome on a size 12!
gail, don't be discouraged...i hear what you are saying, sometimes i look at a few of my friends and think 'you do nothing but eat crap all day and you are like 105 lbs and look good in everything you wear' ...how is that fair? and i feel jealous too because i love to eat crap too! hehee. not like i feel like my work is not paying off but progress can be SLOW sometimes huh. and at least you know that your heart and body is in the right place..and that you are probably 'healthier' than many people who are visibly smaller than you.

the pictures of your guys' sunsets and all that inspired me last nite as i was in our upstairs master bedroom changing for workout and i looked outside and saw the prettiest sunset. we are lucky in that our townhouse is on the main street so it overlooks a bunch of smaller shorter houses so we actually have quite a nice view over the tops of the houses. the shades we have are those top down bottom up ones so we put the top down 1/2 way so we see the sky and trees only rather than any houses.

so here's a picture of the Northern California view and sunset yesterday from our upstairs window. weather has been about 60 degrees during the day lately. while it's nice to have it be sunny and all, i'm kind of like 'umm where's winter?' i do love the lone palm tree sticking up in this photo though.

horizon dec 07 upstairs window.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, can I come live w/you.
2.gif
hehee You and Rod are making me so jealous w/the palm tree pics!!!
3.gif
Thanks, re:the new avatar! Yay for a great workout!

Mrs. Salvo, no hiking for me; it looks like it is snowing in the foothills and moutains and it has been cloudy all day. I thick I will have to wait till spring for hiking weather. Enjoy your hike! You rock; you are such a healthy preggo. I am sure after you have your sweet little boy those lbs will melt right off!!! Thanks for thinking of me; you are always so sweet!

Hey, Linda, love the new pad and glad your hubby think it is funny/cute. heeheee

Hey Monnie!

Well, I went outside to walk and it was too cold; I had a think sweater and fleece jack but it is too cold. I will go to the gym tomorrow; traffic has been nutty. I think people are already gearing up for the holidays. Hubby and I met for lunch at this really yummy shwany place and then had gelato and the gelato place. I need to get back on track; I feel like I have been cheating a little here and there.

I babysat my nephew; he is sooo cute! He made me laugh; little ones are so funny! I had a ball w/him! Happy Friday all; stay warm.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, your tree looks great!!!! I love your bookshelf behind the tree; where did you buy it??? I want one; it looks nice. hehee

Friends, sorry for the typos above; I need a nap.
24.gif
hehehee I didn't sleep too well and I can tell after reading my post.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe skippy...thanks for the kudos on the tree. the bookcase was from a place that went out of business here locally but it''s a national brand of furniture that i can''t remember right now. it was part of a 3 bookcase set (aka two smaller ones on the side kind of thing) but we couldn''t fit all 3 so we just bought 1 and figured we could supplement if we ever moved. we also bought the same style furniture from this manuf. for our upstairs bedroom, i love the ''dark mahogany plantation'' look.

men''s health 10 worst foods in america:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21838237/?GT1=10547

In here they mention the 1100 calorie turkey burger from Ruby Tuesdays. and that''s BEFORE Fries. yikes!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, do you miss teaching? Kindergarten is tough!
Skip, sorry it''s so cold. We must be sharing clouds. It''s raining much harder than they thought it would. Keep your fingers crossed we don''t have mudslides.
Marcy, my sister didn''t have any great stories to share about my nephew''s first day in school, she just said he loved it and he now walks around the house saying "Go cool" (go to school) and "truck cool (trucks at school).

The kids were good today for being stuck inside. I am wiped out. I had another bad night of sleep, strange.

Hope you are all having a great Friday.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
wow Mara...it hurts to think about how bad some foods are (and even more painful to think that I've probably eaten at least one of the meals on that list). Thanks for the link.

I just got a flu shot today and OWWWWieee my arm hurts! I've never gotten a flu shot before but I figured that this year I should because I'd like to decrease the chances of getting sick before a big exam that I have in January. (And my trip to Switzerland next month!) So I wonder how long my arm is going to hurt, because it means no weight lifting (or muscle hour, Skippy
25.gif
)It's not just sore; it really HURTS. Like I have trouble bringing my arm up to turn a doorknob or getting something off a shelf.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for kind words everyone. It''s been such a roller coaster year for us and sometimes, I feel like a broken record writing you all about some issue or another in our lives..........

Gail, they were not expecting to be laid off, so it hit them hard. And while we called them interns, the idea was to get them up to a higher degree of proficiency and promote them over time, so the job was supposed to be longterm. They know I didn''t have anything to do with the decision to lay them off and they all hugged me when they left, but it was so hard to have to do that to good people so close to Christmas. I''m not the grinch, but my company surely is..........

Linda thanks for the invitation, Lake Tahoe sounds like fun. Me think''s we need to save our money should the budget ax be aimed my direction anytime soon, but thanks again!!

Yay for negative 136 Marcy!!! You ROCK!! I only weigh myself on Friday morning''s now, and this morning I was pleased to see I weighed 173!! Woo Hoo!!

How terrific of your hubby taking you away to an unamed but obviously warm destination Steph!! Romanticism is alive and well in South Florida!!

Thanks for fairy dust Kimberly. And kudos on being a non-smoker for 9 months. You tell John, Rod says he needs to become a non-smoker too!

Thanks so much for the hug Skippy! Cold, rainy and in the 30''s? Oh no.........

Sharon, I think you have the right idea. You come down here and we''ll share a bottle of bubbly. I''m afraid your ''uber'' cold and snowy climate just wouldn''t work for me........LOL And we can still swim in our pool which it''s outside!!

Hey Mrssalvo. Thanks and I hope you are doing well!!

Mara, loved the picture. I didn''t know palm tree''s grew in Northen California?? I thought it was a bit too northern for them??

CJ, I''m surprised to hear you say your arm hurts a lot from the Flu Shot. I''ve never had anything more than just a slight feeling of tenderness where the shot was given. And it''s never stopped me from working my arm at the gym either. As a matter of fact, we''ve gotten our flu shot at the gym the past couple of years, which has been super convenient. Still, what you''re feeling should be gone in just a couple days. If the pain persists more than 2 or 3 days, I''d see your doctor.

It was a very busy but frustrating day at work. It was lonely for one thing. We had grown so accustomed to the energy of the interns and when I walked in and they weren''t there it saddened me and made me angry all at the same time. But, since I really need the paycheck (and that''s about the only reason I''m there to be honest), I hunkered down and went to work. All the interns phone messages and emails were transferred to me, so it was amazing trying to be four people at once. At least it kept me so busy the day went by quickly. And I managed to get a lot of work done too.

We had a very nice Sushi night, Frozen Yogurt treat and coffee under the oak tree at Starbucks. Tomorrow, will be a regular Saturday which will include a nice long workout at the gym. I find that no matter how frustrated I am, a good workout makes things better actually. Maybe it''s the endorphins the brain realeases when you exercise, which is a good drug indeed.

Skippy, I hope you get more rest tonight!

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope everyone had a great day and that you will have a wonderful weekend. I lost 6/10 of a pound so I will try to stay there or loose some more this weekend. I need to clean house so I’ll probably work on that and help burn off some calories. I want to stay home since they are predicting about 4 inches of snow.
I made us homemade pizza for supper. I used 96% lean hamburger and 2% cheese. It tasted good. This weekend I thought I’d make homemade beef noodle soup and lasagna. I like to cook / bake when it’s so cold.
Where I work is really big with 2 joined buildings. I work on the top floor of one building and I had to go down to the end of the other building this afternoon. I was very busy so I was hustling down the hall and caught up with this guy who easily weighs 400 pounds. I could tell (mostly from experience) how difficult it was for him to walk and how labored his breathing was from the effort. My thoughts were I am so glad that’s not me anymore. I hope someday he finds the will to do the necessary changes to improve his life.
Linda, thank you for the kind words about my weight loss. I am very anxious to get my new washer and dryer.
Monnie, I appreciate you saying you are proud of me. That is hard to believe I was only minus 100 pounds when I joined this thread. I’ll have to go read that post again. Congratulations to you for quitting smoking for 9 months. I smoked in college and for a few years after I graduated. Then one day I just quit cold turkey and never smoked again. I hate being around smoke now.
Steph, I will be anxious to hear where your husband whisked you away too this weekend. Dresses, huh? It sounds nice. Thanks for the nice compliment about me.
Kimi, I hope the kids didn’t get too stir crazy. I went to a weekend girl scout camp one time to give an astronomy program. They had been in all day because of rain so they were fired up mostly from eating lots of sugar. They were fun! CA’s show is on TV; it’s on ABC Monday nights. Thanks for the hooray. It sounds like your nephew enjoyed his first day of school. Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well. I hope you get caught up on sleep this weekend.
Skippy, sorry to hear the weather is rainy there. It is bitter cold here (wind chill -16) and they are predicting snow. I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed spending the morning with your cute nephew. Fun for you. Thanks for the woo hoo! Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well, I hope you have a peaceful night of sleep tonight.
Sharon, it looks like we’ll both be shoveling snow again soon. My DH came and got me last week and said he didn’t want me to shovel. I like it for exercise though. I hope you get to the pool on Monday.
MrsSalvo, I’d love to see the deer you see on your hike.
Mara, it sounds like you had a nice time visiting with your cousin and her baby. I am glad to hear they are so excited with her arrival. I hope you had a great dinner with your neighbors. I have to agree 136 pounds is crazy and I’m not done yet. It does sometimes boggle my mind. I did enjoy wearing my size 12 jeans. What a lovely sunset and view from your house. The palm trees are quite a different view than what we have in Wyoming.
CrownJewel, sorry to hear your shot hurts. I never get flu shots but I’d think it would be better by tomorrow. You certainly don’t want to get sick before your fun trip next month.
Well, I must go find some warmer clothes to wear. Take care. See you later. Have a Great Weekend.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Marcy, that is cold!!!!! You reminded me of a time I had to do some work out in Spokane, WA and the windchill was -10. I do not envy you!!! What are summers like out there? I don''t think we get as cold as you guys, wow!

Rod, I am sorry about having to do it and I am glad the people knew it was the bad company. Glad you got your sushi!!!!

Kimi, your nephew can say lots of words!!! My nephew is starting to talk; I just stared at his cute chubby checks (sooo fat and cute). hehee

Crown, I got the flu shot and it does hurt for a little while and I worked out. I didn''t know you were suppose too. heeheee Thank goodness nothing happened to me. I rather walk that lift weights. hehee

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, we are are indeed proud of you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Monnie, being smoke free feels good doesn''t it?

Rod I am sending you a big old hug friend!!!
emrose.gif
emrose.gif

I got in 4 good workouts this week, so pleased about that. Feeling nice and trim at the moment!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Lorelei yay yay for 4 workouts.
9.gif
The weather is pants here, very rainy and windy; the wind woke me up
face5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Rod, John doesn't smoke, he's actually the reason I quit three years ago. I think you meant to address your post to Monnie. I have fairy dust in bulk, I'll send as much as you need.
Skippy, so funny you think William says a lot of words, my sister is afraid he's not talking enough. I keep reminding her "He's two, and there is no exacting schedule on which they should progress!" because she worries. Is the nephew you babysat the son of the parents who weren't so comfortable leaving him? If so, hooray for doing so!
Marcy, how fun to work with the girl scouts! I hope it doesn't get too cold.

John made chicken tacos and squash for dinner last night, yum!

So today is all about house cleaning -- scrub, scrub, scrub -- so I can decorate for Christmas and the tree, that we're picking today, has a nice place to live.

Have a good one.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 10:13:21 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All,

Rod, John doesn't smoke, he's actually the reason I quit three years ago. I think you meant to address your post to Monnie. I have fairy dust in bulk, I'll send as much as you need.
Skippy, so funny you think William says a lot of words, my sister is afraid he's not talking enough. I keep reminding her 'He's two, and there is no exacting schedule on which they should progress!' because she worries. Is the nephew you babysat the son of the parents who weren't so comfortable leaving him? If so, hooray for doing so!
Marcy, how fun to work with the girl scouts! I hope it doesn't get too cold.

So today is all about house cleaning -- scrub, scrub, scrub -- so I can decorate for Christmas and the tree, that we're picking today, has a nice place to live.

Have a good one.
Sorry Kimberly.......yes, I meant to refer to Monnie's post, but somehow my addled brain thought you had written that. That's what I get for writing my daily confession after two Sapporo Beer's and a loooooooong tough week.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all..

so we did the usual magic mountain hike, it was nice to do it again after a couple weeks missed b/c of thanksgiving etc.

we did see a deer today and I took a picture, but it's really hard to see. i will post it anyway and for those with superpower vision you'll spot it just above the middle/center and slightly to the left of the picture:

magicmountindec.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s another shot. I let zoe off leash when were down in there and boy did she have a blast chasing after the deer...and didn''t get anywhere close to them.

mmdeer2dec.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no deer in this picture, but it was so pretty I just wanted to share. it''s interesting being in the woods now that many of the leaves have fallen, just feels like a different hike, but it''s still wonderful.

sunnydaysmagicmountiain.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Mrs. S. Must be a beautiful walk for you.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 12:40:00 PM
Author: Linda W
Beautiful Mrs. S. Must be a beautiful walk for you.

Linda
Ditto, those are gorgeous photos MrsS.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 12:13:09 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 12/1/2007 10:13:21 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All,

Rod, John doesn''t smoke, he''s actually the reason I quit three years ago. I think you meant to address your post to Monnie. I have fairy dust in bulk, I''ll send as much as you need.
Skippy, so funny you think William says a lot of words, my sister is afraid he''s not talking enough. I keep reminding her ''He''s two, and there is no exacting schedule on which they should progress!'' because she worries. Is the nephew you babysat the son of the parents who weren''t so comfortable leaving him? If so, hooray for doing so!
Marcy, how fun to work with the girl scouts! I hope it doesn''t get too cold.

So today is all about house cleaning -- scrub, scrub, scrub -- so I can decorate for Christmas and the tree, that we''re picking today, has a nice place to live.

Have a good one.
Sorry Kimberly.......yes, I meant to refer to Monnie''s post, but somehow my addled brain thought you had written that. That''s what I get for writing my daily confession after two Sapporo Beer''s and a loooooooong tough week.
Don''t apologize, silly!!! Take care of yourself.

We got our tree, now I''m cleaning so I can pull out Christmas. Fun day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
great photos mrs salvo! your walk looks kind of like our preserve as well in terms of how foresty it is.

went to the gym last nite and did 30 min cardio and 10 min arm weights. took a break with abs for a night. had sushi with our neighbors and a latte for dessert. this morning i went to Zumba and then had low sugar maple oatmeal with protein powder and made with nonfat milk. a string cheese for snack just now. we are going to head out and get our real tree and finish decorating today. dinner tonite we might take a drive up to the ocean or something, greg wants to take a spin in the mini. it's been getting chillier at night, supposed to hit around 30-35 this wkd at night which is very cold for around here. we are having a really dry winter so far...we need the rain so it is not a good thing. and it's been sunny almost every day even though it's in the 50's now. poor portia's skin is dry, as is mine, from the heat in the house...but gotta stay warm!!

linda, i posted my chicken pot pie recipe in the 'healthier recipes' thread in FHH, it's on page 1 i think. so you can just adapt it to use turkey!

anyhow sounds like everyone is doing pretty good!! hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous saturday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, is the star pic from your tree? I love it; its so sparkly! Out of curiousity what is Zumba? Dance I am guessing; I am curious what it is like.

Kimi, yes, it is the same sister. I doubt I get to babysit for a long while again; w/o going into detail my mom thinks it is a dumb mind game which I do not play w/her so oh well. Hopefully someday I will have one of my own (sorry tmi). hehee Oh, my nephew is sort of lazy/stubborn when it comes to talking; my sis and I talked about that last night and laughed about him being that way. He loves books and he likes to try and do chores (which is sort of weird to see him enjoy vacuuming). hehee He is a funny little guy and fun to be around! Glad William is talking; he sounds so sweet! Yay for decorating!

Rod, I think I will have me a beer this evening; I hope that helps me sleep better. Hubby thinks it is stress but I have no stress that I can think of. hehee
Hope you had a great workout!

Hey LINDA!!!!

Mrs. Salvo, wow, the magic mountain looks beautiful and awesome to seeing a deer; I love the fresh air in the mountains. You are such a healthy mom and I bet baby is loving it too! Thanks for sharing the pics; I love pics so it is a treat to see a little piece of your world and otheres (like Mara's pic)!!!

Well, it is crazy windy here!!
14.gif
I didn't go to the gym because I took a nap and then hubby and I did a 3 mile walk. I would have gone longer but it was too windy. I guess some people had trees knocked down somewhere in the city because it is so windy, eek.

I had my new favorite stir fry (sprayed w/pam) and shrimp and TJ's teriyaki sauce, yum! I noticed Hobby Lobby is having a sale on ornaments today so I think I will go over there this evening because now I am sure it is nutty w/shoppers right now! happy decorating and card writing! I rented Miracle on the 34th street so I will do that and write out my cards
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Phew, I''m taking a break after a day filled with cleaning and decorating, I definitely feel like I got my exercise, even if I didn''t walk or use my elliptical. The tree is up, the house is clean and decorated, hooray!!!

Skip, not TMI, share what you are comfortable with. You''ve mentioned wanting to have a child/ren before, and I am hoping that it happens for you. I''m sorry your sister is so wierd about babysitting. William is darling as long as you don''t tell him what to do.

I''m going to write Christmas cards.

We''re having steak, sweet potato fries and brussel sprouts for dinner. YUMMY!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei: I''m so excited to tell you this...today I had a customer (he was in a few days ago when he spied a pretty sparkly in store window and came back to buy it) who was from Manchester, England. That''s not the best part, although he was super nice! The weather here today was particularly nasty, it began snowing around noon and then changed into sleet, or freezing rain by the time he came into the store. I was discussing the weather and driving conditions with him while I was charging his credit card, and then I was taking down his address (we send our customers thank you notes in the mail) and it occurred to me that I knew an expression he might recognize. I said, "oh, the weather is PANTS!" with a laugh. He looked briefly astonished, and said, "yes, how do you know that expression," and I had to tell him I have an online buddy from the UK who taught me that term!
9.gif
He got a good laugh out of an American calling the weather "pants," so thank you again for sharing the expression here...I think my customer was happy to feel reconnected with his homeland for a moment!
36.gif
He wanted to know whereabouts you (my online buddy) lived in the UK, and he started naming all these places and I couldn''t remember where you lived but I blurted out..."she has a horse, and other animals...I can''t remember exactly where she lives, though!" LOL. It was sort of strange, I couldn''t even begin to explain to him the PS thing or the basis of how I knew someone with a horse from the UK who says "pants," but it made for a funny conversation anyway. I think my co-workers thought I was completely insane...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope it’s warmer where you live than it is here. We woke up to freezing rain with black ice everywhere. My poor mom slipped and fell; she probably broke some ribs but doesn’t want to go to the emergency room. She’ll go see her orthopedic surgeon on Monday about it.
We had our washer and dryer delivered today. They are really nice. I think they will cut my time doing laundry in almost ½. A batch of cotton shirts and pants were dry in about 20 minutes. Cool.
Since I planned on staying home today I cleaned house. I even tackled our computer room. I threw out 2 big bags of trash. It looks great! I am so excited to see how nice it looks; I might head for the spare bedroom tomorrow. I love a clean house!
Skippy, our summers are pretty nice; with high 80’s in to the 90’s most of the time. If we get rain the temps drop in the 60’s in a flash. We have a lot of wind here too; I like to say “what wind” when people complain about it. Ha Ha.
Lorelei, thank you for being proud of me. I did another Marcy group photo today and I can’t believe the change in a month. Yay for having 4 great workouts this week and feeling trim. That’s always a good feeling.
Kimi, chicken tacos sound good. I am going to make homemade beef noodle soup tomorrow. My favorite story about giving an astronomy program to kids is when I had some 4th grader boys raise their hand after I said “Uranus” as “yournus”. They asked me isn’t that pronounced “youranus”? They are setting there giggling and laughing and poking each other. The worst part was once they planted that word in my head I couldn’t pronounce it correctly again which cracked them up even more. It was quite entertaining. I saw your Christmas tree in the tree thread; it’s very nice.
MrsSalvo, thank you for posting the wonderful pictures of your beautiful walking path. That must be beautiful when the trees are green or when the leaves are turning in the fall.
Mara, I hope you had a lovely drive in the mini. It sounds like you are having pretty cold weather for your area. My fingers are all split open from being dry. I have that problem in the winter.
Monnie, that is so cool to touch someone with a familiar term from home. It sounds like you had the same pants weather we had in Wyoming.
Well, take care everyone. Have a great evening and stay warm!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results