shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th Nov till 2nd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Lorelei (and Andrey)! Jazmine is GORGEOUS!

Jas, I''m so sorry you''re in so much pain. Take good care of yourself!

Skip, I''ll start a thread for my ugly ornament search soon, I promise!

DeeJay, I''m amazed at how much shopping you''ve arleady done. What a champion.

Had a great day at work then came home and spent some time on the elliptical, doing push ups and using my free weights for arms.

John is making some sort of whole wheat pasta for dinner.

Have a great evening all.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 12:48:41 PM
Author: jas

Long story short, I am all sorts of crazy neon due to bruises healing. I would post pictures like some people, but the bruises are on my face (and I ain''t taking pictures of my jolly green forehead), my back, my knees (too tricky to angle) and my boobs for some reason. Hmm. Methinks the steering wheel copped a cheap feel on impact. That or the EMT guys. Nah, they were totally not funny that way. Not that copping a cheap feel is funny. It''s not. It''s very very wrong.
11.gif

I totally do not recommend the high-speed-impact diet plan, but I am down about 4 pounds.

Jas, you crack me up. Glad you are up and running (almost).

Mara, I just noticed your signature "Dear Santa...define ''nice''." That''s a riot! We are doing a "secret santa" gifting thing at work. I''m so excited. BTW, congrats on doing well at the Turkey Trot!! You''re my hero.

We had 2 turkeys at Thanksgiving. One roasted and one fried. And tons of other food including a delicious chocolate cake. I was busy busy busy playing with my 3 month old nephew so I ate little bits of everything. Thank goodness for the baby...he kept me away from gorging myself!! So, I didn''t gain any weight from Thanksgiving! I am down 1 pound!!

Lorelei, your horse is beautiful. As a 12 year old, I begged for riding lessons. I never got them...but now that I am an "adult" I''m trying to figure out when I can fit those in!!

Steph, looking forward to the new bling!

Skippy!!! Your nephew is adorable!!! He''s so cute.

I went wedding gown shopping for the first time with my little sister this weekend. After looking at the photos, I decided my first target is my arms. Ick. Also, anyone know what the tastiest way of cooking brussel sprouts is? I think Mara mentioned them in her post and now I''m thinking, "I should find a recipe for brussel sprouts..."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ...haha thanks...the Trot was fun. Speaking of veggies, I made yummy brussel sprouts this holiday with a really simple and not unhealthy recipe!!

Steam trimmed brussel sprouts, boil for 6 minutes til crisp. In the meantime, pan fry bacon strips (I used Center Cut bacon which is I think either 25 or 50 cals per slice, but not bad at all). I then drained about 3/4 of the oil and just left a little in the pan. Drain brussels and then place into frying pan with the bit of bacon oil. Crumble cooked bacon and toss into pan. Salt and pepper and toss for a few minutes in the pan to get a little 'roast' going on. Whala. SUPER tasty!!!!

Heading off to the trainer in about 30 min....today has been a normal day. Had a slice of pumpkin bread from this yummy bakery we went to last week. My leftover lunch of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussels. A lot of water! A 100 cal Balance Bar.

Skip your nephew is super cute! Lorelei, your pony is so beautiful! Hope everyone is having a great day!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei you are so inspirational
1.gif

Today was so-so for me. I clocked in at 1600 cals butttt... 600 of that were cookies! Can you believe that? I had five Trader Joe''s Chocolate Chip cookies when I got home from work, I was ravenous. Needless to say I told the hubby that we will be making no more of those for a while! So calories wise I was good, nutrition wise... those calories could have been spent a lot better! Although I DID really enjoy those cookies
31.gif

This morning I woke up at 5:45 a.m. (yikes!!) and hauled my butt to the gym for pilates. I was at the gym at 6:30 a.m. looking at the other gym-goers with a mix of admiration and disgust... they are amazing, working out at 6:30 a.m.!! My session was at 7 a.m. and my trainer and I worked on the pilates reformer and she worked me OUT. We did a ton of hip work (strengthening my pelvis after my surgery), and lots of abs and legs. Tomorrow I have a session with a normal personal trainer, plus I have cardio... booo for that. I need to figure out some sort of cardio that I enjoy... I hate trudging away on some elliptical or treadmill at the gym. I swam laps last week which is fantastic cardio AND strength-wise, but I am so out of shape I was wiped out after a couple of laps! So I need some sort of cardio that I can sustain longer. I am considering a group exercise class, thinking that that might be more fun. When I have pilates the hour seems to fly by, so I just need to figure out how to make cardio fly by too!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, DEAR Lorelie!!! Thank you so much for the week's inspiration and oh WOW, Jazmine is just beautiful. I'm afraid Rod is scared of horses big time and they can sense my fear, but I think they're just beautiful to look at and Jazmine is a beauty!!

Hey Appletini!! Nice to see you and glad you still doing well!

Jas, so glad to hear:

1. You're doing OK
2. Your wit was not changed one bit from the accident!! (ps: You should definitely go to DeeJay's part. I would love to be with them again for sure!)

Sharon.......oh no........negative temps are not in my vocabulary. That is just WAYYYYYY too cold. You stay warm, OK?

Skippy, the pic of you and your nephew is just fabulous. He's adorable and of course so are you!! The tree is lovely too!! Our tree won't go up until early next week, as it takes a few days to get a bazillion lights and ornaments up, but we'll post a pic when it's done for sure.

You go Lindsey for getting up that early and hitting the gym. That hour does exist in the waking realm for moi, but am amazed at those who have the ability to get up and go that early!! I'm sure your cookies were good and wouldn't worry about the indulgence if I were you!

Kimberly, I don't think I've EVER read anything you wrote that was negative. You've always struck me as incredibly strong and positive and it shows what a great life you and John have together.

We had a very nice Sushi night. And one of our best friends and her 13 year old daughter wound up joining us, so that was fun too! Nothing on the fitness front, but we'll be back in the gym starting tomorrow for the next 3 nights.

I hope everyone had a nice Monday!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One other thing. I posted the picture I took from our terrace the other night. One of my employee''s took the picture and made some amazing photoshop edits, which I thought were really cool. It''s attached........

Tampa Bay Florida1.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! I am finally getting over my cold/flu/illness from the past couple weeks, but now DH is not feeling well...argh! I tried to talk him out of going to the Bears game yesterday since I knew he''d be outside in 30 degree weather all day, drinking and eating unhealthy food and making his bug worse, but it was like talking to a brick wall, of course. So he spent the day on the couch in the basement and I brought him water and juice and cough syrup from time to time...meanwhile I did all the laundry, cleaned the top floor of the house and put up the bedroom Christmas tree. I haven''t officially worked out for about a week now, I have been trying to rest as much as possible and it definitely helped my body purge itself of whatever illness I caught that was hanging on.

Anywho, I''ve been trying to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and stay away from my usual winter comfort foods of pasta and pizza. I''ve been eating a FL navel orange before bed every night, and a banana over a half cup of Cheerios in the morning, then lunch has been TJ''s soup and a mixed green salad with sliced tomato and ff balsamic, and dinners have been mostly bean-related...Amy''s black bean soup, or TJ''s veggie chili. Tomorrow after work I have big plans to do a couple exerciseTV workouts and then do some weights on my own, then I need to enlist DH to help me get all the other Christmas decor down from the attic (not my favorite chore, which is why I put it off all weekend, lol.)

Lorelei, thanks for a great opener again! I love the idea of incorporating positive thinking into your overall healthy lifestyle, I think it really makes a difference in our fitness journey. I read a great book last year that your opener reminded me of, called The Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle. If you get a chance to read it, it may be of interest to you. Also, Jazmine is just gorgeous! I''m so happy to finally see a pic of her, she looks sooo well-cared for and is just a magnificent animal.

Oh, Kimi, I wanted to mention to you that I''ve just been reading and am almost finished with Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Have you read it? My MIL just loaned it to me when I saw her at Thanksgiving. It''s a really great book, I think you would enjoy it if you haven''t already read it.

Mara, if I ate bacon I would totally try the brussels sprouts recipe! DH would like it, I will pass it along to him because he''s got some bacon in the meat drawer right now that probably needs to be used. I usually do frozen brussels sprouts with lemon juice and S&P, they aren''t my favorite veggie but I like them well enough! Glad your Turkey Trot was fun!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I am currently reading a book about ASDs and Nobody''s Fool but have been eyeballing Eat, Pray, Love. Now that you''ve recommended it I''ll have to check it out.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
WOW Rod, what an awesome picture!!! Looks just like paradise to me.

Jas, glad you are starting to feel a little better and that your sense of humor is still intact.

Skippy, your nephew is soooo cute!

Today was a pretty light day eating wise. I saved most of my cals for a chipotle burrito bol tonite. love chipotle! i also bought these delicious dark chocolate nonpareils (sp?) at a little candy shop tonite that are soooo good. i had a handful for dessert and they are rich enough that you don''t really want to pig out on them, which is good for me.

I did 20 minutes on a treadmill, 20 elliptical, and 20 bike tonite. the gym was dead so i got machines with TVs and was able to catch some dancing with the stars so it went by fast. my ba k still hurts a little but it seems better than it was yesterday.

nothing else to report....another boring, rainy monday in cincinnati.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My cold is a little worse but I think airborne is helping. I’m pretty tired so this post will be quick.
Lorelei, congratulations for quitting smoking for 18 months. That is awesome! I always try to remember to be as forgiving of myself as I would be of others. That is such a good point that what is important is that we feel good. Jazmine is lovely! And I noticed the weather wasn’t pants when you took the photo. I love your new avatar; my account is locked and I can’t figure out how to get in there and change mine. Rats.
Kimi, I’ll have to check out the ugly tree ornament contest. It does sound like you had a mostly wonderful year. Sorry about John’s mom.
Mara, your revised cc cookie recipe sounds great.
Skippy, you’ll loose that pound in no time. I am excited to hear you signed up for a garment sewing class next semester. I love your tree and your nephew is adorable. You can post all the pictures you want; I enjoy them.
Appletini, yay for going back to yoga.
Sharon, you weather is much colder than ours. I bought a Land’s End extreme squall parka this year and I am loving it. I hope your knee continues to improve.
DeeJay, thanks for the encouragement. I am impressed you have that much Christmas shopping done already and they are wrapped. I always stick jingle bells in my packages, I at least got those picked up for this year. I do have most of my shopping done but need to work on cards, write my annual Christmas poem and wrap gifts.
Jas, so sorry to hear you are so bruised up. I hope you continue to improve and the pain goes away. Yay for being down 4 pounds.
Steph, I’m glad you made it home safely. I can’t wait to see your new rings. That is a wonderful gift. That extra pound will go away soon.
CrownJewel, congratulations on loosing a pound over Thanksgiving. Fun for you to be dress shopping.
Lindsey, yay for such a great workout. I have sometimes splurged like that on cookies or cake but then I get really hungry for not budgeting my food better. Oh well, sometimes we just have to have our cookies and eat them too.
emsmile.gif

Rod, your updated photo is terrific.
Monnie, I’m glad you are feeling better. I sure hope airborne prevents me from getting too sick.
Tdiddy, I love your new avatar too. I’m glad your back is feeling better.
Well, I must get to bed.
Laters.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the lovely compliments for Miss Jasmine - I shall pass them on!!

Marcy, that was the only day the weather wasn''t pants this summer when the pic was taken!

Rod I love your pics! I have a lovely view of the sunset from my back door in the spring and summer months, but now the sun has moved position I don''t see it as well now.

I had a good workout last night and I am feeling pretty pleased as I am wearing my very tightest jeans today. Normally I would have to ease them on a bit as they are the new lower size, but they fit well once worn for a few hours. Today they slid past my hips like grease and they are really comfortable! So I am chuffed as I haven''t worn them for a while, but today just thought I would try them!

Tonight I am planning 30 mins each on ellip and treddy.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I woke up this morning with a sore bum...we did a lot of lunges and squats in yesterdays TBT class...good thing I went. However due to a birthday lunch for a friend today and a holiday luncheon tomorrow I won''t be able to do anything until Thursday. I''m tempted to go to yoga tonight, but I have a hard time going to the 6:30pm class because its during dinner hour and all I can think about it what I am going to eat.

Rod, The view is gorgeous no wonder you *had* to move back to Tampa.

Kimberly, I recently read Eat, Pray, Love and loved it. I also recommend My Sisters Keeper.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m working today and then off to get my haircut and colored this afternoon. I''m feeling like cutting it off (a bob perhaps?) but can''t decide.

Appletini, I''ve heard lots of good things about My Sister''s Keeper too, and Piccoult''s (sp?) latest book. Do you use www.goodreads.com? I love it. Sorry about the sore bum!

Rod, great pics.

Marcy, thanks for your sympathies. John''s mom lived a long, full life; she died of Alzheimer''s at 87 and while it was sad it was a blessing too. She hadn''t been content in a long time and just wasn''t herself anymore. Her passing is our loss, but we know she''s glad to have gone. We think she waited to see John get married before moving on, and we''re just so thrilled she was at our wedding. Keep taking Airborne and rest as much as possible!

No clue about dinner tonight.

Have a great day all!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey guys, I am glad to hear that people had nice holidays and stayed mostly on track. Ours was fun - we hosted 7 people and the food came out great! I did OK on portion control that day but I''ve definitelly been eating more carbs than usual while using up the leftovers. It''s a tough time of year to stay on track. I think that''s especially true for those of us who drink socially - I have a few events coming up soon where I know I will take in some extra calories with a glass of wine or whatever, even if I somehow manage to eat well.
Even though I did make it to two spin classes and ran once over the holiday weekend I managed to put on ~2 lb. I have the WORST metabolism - it is just not fair. I can''t imagine I ate 7000 extra calories. 2000, I would believe. It seems like my body is just not doing the math right! Anyway I am just trying to look on the brightside and keep on doing the right things. Hopefully that 2 lb will leave as quickly as it came!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! It is good to be back home and back to my old routine. I got up early this morning and ran, although I was def. huffing and puffing more than I usually do since I've had almost a full week off. Then I took Andrew to soccer and ran lots with him. We worked up a good sweat out there...it is in the 80s and sunny, quite a change from the 30s and 40s we had in Atlanta. I had my usual breakfast of cereal and lowfat milk and am about to take Andrew to Panera bread to eat lunch before heading to the grocery store to pick up some healthy food. Even Adam said it will be good to get back to our healhty eating, our bodies are just not used to eating such heavy things like casseroles and desserts. I can tell a major difference in my energy levels when I'm eating the right way. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Hello again everyone! I’m finally back on track after traveling over the holidays. Atlanta was fantastic. I really enjoyed looking at all of the fall leaves and we had the fireplace going almost the whole time. It really was great. On Thanksgiving day, I went to the gym and ran 5 miles all while watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was nice that I could kill two birds with one stone. (I love watching the parade!) That was my only structured work out but I can defiantly say that I got some good walking time in while shopping on Friday! Because I’m not going to see Scott’s parents for Christmas, they wanted me to open my presents early. It was a wonderful surprise to see that they got me ski’s for an upcoming family trip to Colorado in March. I was quite shocked at their generosity, but I am very excited to start using them. Unfortunately there will never be snow in Miami for me to play with them before the trip. I’m looking forward to working out some new muscles when I learn how to ski… and hopefully obtain minimal bruising from falling! haha

Yesterday, I picked up my puppies from the kennel. I hate leaving them there, but I was so happy to see them again. Now I feel like everything is back to normal. Scott is still studying for his exams, so I will have plenty of time to hit the gym. I’m planning on going tonight around 8 as right after work the gym is so crowded I feel like I can’t get anything done without tripping over someone.

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Lorelei-
I love your new avatar and your horse is so beautiful. I used to take lessons when I was a child. I always loved being on a horse. They are so personable. Yours is defiantly one of the prettiest I’ve seen. Also, good for you for being smoke-free. I know how difficult the habit is to break. Are you seeing vast improvement in lung function? I know I did when I quit. How awesome that you are comfy in your skinny jeans! That must be a great feeling.
Appletinni- Yeah for sore bums! Lunges always get me. They are probably my most hated work out, but I love the results!
Kimberly- I am excited to hear more about this “Ugly Ornament Contest” What a great idea!
Skippy- Your tree is beautiful! And your nephew is so adorable!
Jas- I’m so happy to hear that you are doing well (although many different colors). You have such a wonderful attitude. Yea for 4 pounds!
Steph- can’t wait to see your new wedding set!
Lindsey- Some days… you just gotta have cookies! Sounds like you had a great work out!
Rod- I love the photo! It makes me feel blessed to live in Florida.
Monarch- Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope your husband bounces back quickly!
TanDogMom- Don’t worry, those 2 lbs will come off in no time. Just keep on doing what you are doing!

Have a great day everyone!
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I have heard for the goodreads website, but never looked at it. My friends and I started a book club last year, so for the second year we had everyone recommend a book, and the person who recommended it has to lead the discussion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I thought of Rod today, while shovelling a few cms of snow.....are you sure you wouldn''t like to lend a hand, Rod???? heehhee. The work out was good from that and my knee felt great. Yes!

Finished the rest of the movie on the bike and weights...good work out. Jas: ha ha about the canola oil on Bruce Willis'' head
9.gif

Kim: I know how you feel about just cutting your hair. I do that every so often without regret.

Enjoy your day folks.

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to see some snow.
25.gif
All we get is rain and it is pants as you all well know.

Anyway, thanks KQ for complimenting my pretty girl! She is munching on a nice pile of hay as I type this! I do notice a huge difference in lung function, I feel so much better for quitting smoking, it was well worth doing.

I did my workout and it went well again, I am on a roll this week! And thanks Monnie and Lindsay!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!!

nice picture rod! kim i love your ugly ornament thread, too funny.

monnie, my coworker is reading eat, pray, love and while she typically likes books like that, has pronounced it not a good read at all apparently. i have been tempted to pick it up but she can''t even get through it so i probably won''t.

i also never used to like brussels but in the last year somehow my palate has changed and i like them now!! which is kind of fun because greg loves them, so now he can have them more often than we have in the past.

went to my trainer last nite and man she worked me out hard! we did cardio and circuit training (speed rope ladder, abs for a minute, arms, lunges for a minute, pushups for a minute, then the whole thing like 3-4 times and about 10 min cardio rope ladder to start)...then 30 minutes of back, shoulders, legs (squats, lunges with weight), and abs. it was really great to mix things up though. today i am going to the gym at work after the day is over.

it''s my coworker and good friend''s bday so we did her cube up in the winter wonderland theme and i made pumpkin cranberry scones, yummy! we are all a little sick of donuts, believe it or not!! and these scones are so much healthier, only 140 cals, 3g fat, and 8g sugar in each and they are sizeable. for lunch we had singaporean malaysian at this great place we love. i had sizzling beef with red and green peppers and some white rice. i think the leftovers from my lunch (more than 1/2) will go to greg for dinner tonite, which means i can have soup or something easy.

in a little while we''ll all break open the multiple individual sized pastries that we got for our coworker''s bday (instead of a big cake), there are 7 and they are all different, we are all basically going to take a forkful of each hehee. should be a fun afternoon at least.

hope everyone is doing well!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi guys,
Guess what, I got on the scale again today and my 2 lbs is gone!!! I hope it stays gone. I''m headed to spin class later on - I hope they kick my bootie!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

I know, I'm a bad WWer, but I really am focusing on losing these last 10 lbs that seem to be impossible to lose now. There's very little to distract me at the moment.

I have a question for all of you GOOD WWers: If you're using SparkPeople (or something similar), where do you usually land in terms of your fat intake? What numbers are you hitting and still losing weight from?

My "recommended" numbers are:

Calories: 1270-1620
Fat: 28-63
Carbs: 143-263
Protein: 30-142

I'm trying to plan dinner tonight and am having a craving for hash browns, but with everything else I've eaten today, (which has been good) they'd put me at 43 grams of fat for the day. Well within my recommended range, but I can't get over how high it sounds.

They'd put me at 1285 calories for the day, which is at the low end, and I still wouldn't make my numbers for protein (30 g). Without them, and with something more low cal/low fat, I don't even come close to my cal and fat numbers for the day. Right now, I'm at 664 calories and 11 g of fat.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is...does anyone have anything to say that can help me get over the recommended amount of fat I'm supposed to eat? I'm so darn sick of these extra lbs, and almost want to starve them off but I know that isn't recommended *or* healthy, what with your body storing as much fat as possible if you do.

Blah.
14.gif
Help!

ETA: I am also working out every day, 20 minutes (building up to 30, hopefully this week) on the elliptical 5x a week.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 6:29:09 PM
Author: EBree
Hello everyone!

I know, I''m a bad WWer, but I really am focusing on losing these last 10 lbs that seem to be impossible to lose now. There''s very little to distract me at the moment.

I have a question for all of you GOOD WWers: If you''re using SparkPeople (or something similar), where do you usually land in terms of your fat intake? What numbers are you hitting and still losing weight from?

My ''recommended'' numbers are:

Calories: 1270-1620
Fat: 28-63
Carbs: 143-263
Protein: 30-142

I''m trying to plan dinner tonight and am having a craving for hash browns, but with everything else I''ve eaten today, (which has been good) they''d put me at 43 grams of fat for the day. Well within my recommended range, but I can''t get over how high it sounds.

They''d put me at 1285 calories for the day, which is at the low end, and I still wouldn''t make my numbers for protein (30 g). Without them, and with something more low cal/low fat, I don''t even come close to my cal and fat numbers for the day. Right now, I''m at 664 calories and 11 g of fat.

I guess what I''m trying to ask is...does anyone have anything to say that can help me get over the recommended amount of fat I''m supposed to eat? I''m so darn sick of these extra lbs, and almost want to starve them off but I know that isn''t recommended *or* healthy, what with your body storing as much fat as possible if you do.

Blah.
14.gif
Help!

ETA: I am also working out every day, 20 minutes (building up to 30, hopefully this week) on the elliptical 5x a week.
So it sounds like you need to add healthy fat and calories?
How about avacados and/or peanut butter. Other people would say almonds but I don''t really like them!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 6:55:28 PM
Author: TanDogMom

How about avacados and/or peanut butter. Other people would say almonds but I don't really like them!

More healthy fats, huh? I love guacamole (don't really like avocado unless it's smushed and mixed with stuff!) and peanut butter, so those are great suggestions, thanks! I made myself this really great trail mix recently with different nuts and cranberries (but no almonds, I'm allergic), but my husband ate most of it!

I really need to crack down because I want to look fabulous when I go home for Christmas. I was at my ideal, healthy weight early this summer, but I gained these seemingly un-loseable pounds after switching BC pills/wedding stress. And I know, 10-12 lbs isn't that big a deal, but I have a small frame and it really shows, especially in my face.
7.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree I just started SparkPeople recently, and many days I have a hard time getting in my recommended amounts of fats or protein when I eat at the low end of my calorie range which is right about the same as yours. To boost your numbers you could try making salad dressing with olive oil, or peanut butter as others have suggested. Nuts such as walnuts have tooons of fat and are very healthy. 1/4 cup of my organic walnuts has 20 grams of fat! So that is a great, easy way to get those healthy fats in.

So in other news, I am soooooore. My trainer kicked my butt tonight! He had me doing three sets of each exercise that we did... I told him that he could be an Iraqi interrogator. He is that brutal!
14.gif
LoL. I mentioned before that I had cancer in my hip and had really extensive reconstructive surgery there, so we have been working on building up my hip and pelvic muscles. He was laughing saying that I''d be doing the penguin walk tomorrow... well I can already barely walk tonight! Ah well. I have pilates early tomorrow morning, and my trainer tonight said that I''d be begging to try and cancel tomorrow. I can''t really do that though, because it''s at 7 a.m. and I doubt my trainer would like me calling her at like... 5 a.m. trying to cancel.

Food was good today, I came in about 100 calories over my range but I ate really well and was so satisfied. Breakfast was a fiber muffin with fresh mango slices, lunch was a crab chowder from Trader Joes, snacks were Fage and 3 clementines. For dinner after the gym we went to a Vietnamese restaurant and I had a steaming bowl of pho which was soooo delicious because it''s cold out. Pho is a beef broth soup with rice noodles and a few very thin slices of beef. That was so comforting on a cold day with my sore muscles!

I am really in the mood for soup this week, so I am going to browse some recipes tonight and try to come up with some hearty but healthy vegetable soups. Yum!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Kayak...yay on the skis! We are going to try to plan a ski trip for 2008...this heat makes you want to go someplace cold and have some hot chocolate and a fire!

Canuk...I am jealous of the snow, but not the shoveling...it has to be a good workout though, lots of calories burned I''m sure!

Lorelei...yay for being on a workout roll! I need to push myself to workout again tomorrow so I can get back into the habit after the holidays

Mara...the cranberry scones sound really yummy...I tried to make scones one time but they didn''t turn out well at all...very hard and flat, yuck. But I love them from yummy bakeries!

TanDog...yay for losing the 2 lbs!!!

Ebree and Lindsey...I have been on sparkpeople for about a year now and love it. My numbers sound a lot like yours ebree. I am supposed to stay between 1200 and 1550 cals. I usually go to the high end though because I start feeling weird if I go too low and do all my running. I don''t ever seem to have a problem with too little fat, but I cook a lot w/ olive oil and love nuts and avacados, so I usually get all my good fats in.

Hope everyone else is having a great night!
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw EBree, I know what you mean about gaining weight in the face...I have the SAME problem. Even if I can hide everything else under baggy clothes, I can''t hide my chubbier face.

I''ve lost some weight from decreasing my meal sizes. I was fluctuating between 115-113 and now I go between 110 and 112. Hooray! I wonder if that was water weight because I am not fitting into my clothes any better than before. Darn.

Mara I just placed a FreshDirect order and included brussels sprouts and bacon (I''m not sure if it is center cut bacon, but it is 70 cals for 2 slices). Not sure if you guys know about FreshDirect but you shop online and they deliver to your apt in NYC. Prices are not too crazy, but not great either. It is convenient if you are buying a lot of stuff or even just heavy stuff like cases of water. They deliver next day and you pick a time slot that is convenient. I order from them once every few months.

I did not make it to the gym this morning, but hope to try a yoga class tomorrow at 6:30AM.

TanDogMom, I hope the spin class was kick-a**. I love a good spin class (<----have not been to one in several years
38.gif
).

Mara and Lindsey...awesome that your trainers kicked your respective butts. I need someone to kick my butt.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the support, ladies! I caved and went for the hash browns (which my husband makes, and they're DELICIOUS). He made a HUGE amount, so I brought a big glass of water with me and drank huge sips in between bites to help fill me up. And it worked! I ate a reasonable sized portion and handed the rest to him.
11.gif
12.gif

Now, I'm sitting and enjoying a glass of 74 calorie red wine. Totally worth it! I didn't make it into my recommended calorie or protein range, though I was close, and I was over 50% carbs today (61%, I think). I'll try to fine tune these throughout the week. It's not easy eating within the ranges all the time, especially when you have the food allergies I do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My cold is getting worse. I plan on taking Nyquil and going to bed early for change. My husband is trying to make me feel better though; he just gave me my diamond studs instead of waiting for Christmas. They are setting here sparkling by me and I feel better already.
Lorelei, well Jasmine is lovely and your picture is beautiful; sorry that was the only sunny day for you this summer. Woo hoo for wearing your formerly tight jeans. It’s funny pulling up pants on me now; I don’t have to wiggle them up. How refreshing.
Appletini, sorry to hear your bum is sore. I hope it gets better.
Kimi, that is so neat John’s mom was able to attend your wedding and know he was happily married. I’m glad she lived a long, full life. I didn’t take any airborne after breakfast and I think I got worse. Good luck on picking a new hairdo.
TanDogMom, our bodies must have the same math skill set. That''s wonderful your 2 pounds went away so quickly. I am glad your Thanksgiving dinner went well.
Steph, I am happy to hear you are enjoying being home and out in the nice weather.
Kayak, yourl trip to Atlanta sounds wonderful. Good luck on learning to ski. Yay for getting your puppies home.
Sharon, my husband believes in the natural method of snow shoveling, waiting for the sun to take care of it. Ha Ha. That is wonderful to hear your knee is feeling better.
Mara, it sounds like your trainer gave you quite a workout last night. I am sure you felt great afterwards. Your friend’s bday party must have been fun.
EBree, I think sometimes if you go over a little on your fat calories you can satisfy a craving then make adjustments for it the next day. On one hand reducing fat is good for your body but a calorie is a calorie. I’ll make hash browns with very little oil and they turn out fine. I eat PB quite a bit for supper on school nights; I like it and it’s easy to pack.
Lindsey, sorry to hear you are sore. It sounds like your trainer really gave you a workout. I am really hungry for soup too; I think I’ll go to lunch tomorrow and get some. This weekend I plan on making some homemade soup. That will hit the spot with my cold.
CrownJewel, FreshDirect sounds neat. Trust me; they don’t have anything like that in Wyoming.
Hi Skippy! I hope you had a great day.
Well, take care and have a great evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the super duper sweet compliments on my nephew Jas, CrownJewel, Miss Mara, Rod, Tdiddy, Marcy,& Kayakqueen
face23.gif

Tonight I did muscle hour at the gym; we did tons of tricep work so I know the triceps will be sore tomorrow. We did lots of planks and push ups too!
Gosh lots of posts today!
41.gif

Kimi, I am loving the ugly ornaments. My family is so bad at doing things like that so I don't think it will be tradition in my house; I wish (sounds like tons of fun). The funniest when your grandma brought all her ornaments and got mad at your aunt for taking all the good ones. heheee

CrownJewel, awesome on being so tiny!!! Glad your clothes fit better!

Lindsey, sounds like you are doing ewll and yay to pilates!

Rod, that picture is gorgeous; you are going to make me jealous of your warm weather and tropical pics!

Monnie, burrr 30 degrees! Yay for eating veggies and fruit; hope you feel better soon!

Tdiddy, whooo hooo on the great workout!!! I am sorry about your back; I hope it gets better soon! I love watching dancing w/the stars too; I hope Helio wins!

Marcy, oh not to getting sick; sleep and take care of yourself! Thanks for liking my pics!! Yay to new studs!!!

Lorelei, whoo hoo on the jeans.

Yay for a hard workout yesterday appletini!

Gail, I totally hear you on it betting tough to be on track. I think you need to treat yourself to diamond hoops. hehee

Welcome back Steph!

Kayak, thank you for the sweet compliment on my tree and nephew! Whooo hooo for the 5 mi run; yay for ski's!!!

Happy birthday Sharon!

Mara, the brussel sprouts and bacon sound good and I have that center cut bacon. The scones sound good. Yay for mixing things up at the gym.

Ebree, I love avacado's, cheese and nuts for healthy fats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results