shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th Nov till 2nd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, can I come over for soup? I hope your mom is okay!!! Yay for a clean house. Oh, and I am giggling now, because I thought the correct pronounciation was yuranus. It really isn''t?

My body is sore from all of the cleaning I did yesterday. My aunt and her boyfriend are coming for brunch today, we''re having praline and pecan french toast, definitely not low fat, ham and fresh fruit. J and I are going to go out to dinner tonight. Have a great day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, that is a hilarious story!!! You used the PANTSY term beautifully, I can imagine your Brit chap was surprised to hear it!! Hehehe...I am further south to Manchester, in the East of England.

41.gif

PANTSY4.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, you can pronounce the planet either way; I just decided to avoid the one version to prevent the giggle factor. Have fun with brunch and dinnner today. I''m not sore from cleaning yesterday so I may start on the spare bedroom today. My trash is pretty full though so I guess I should wait for another weekend to throw out things. Soup will be ready at 2 - you''d best get on the road now. Tee hee.

Lorelei, I like your "pants".

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi my SWEET WWT friends; I am so excited because I slept
24.gif
whoooo hoooo. I think the wind and the noise was keeping me from a restful sleep and also being nervous about hoping to sleep! Yesterday I bought some cute ornaments from Hobby Lobby to add to the tree. I want some red garland; any suggestions since I love all your trees Kimi (super special ornaments), Monnie and Miss Mara????

Hubby and I are grocery shopping today; we have lots to buy. Also I will get my walk in since the weather has warmed to the 50''s today, yay!

Kimi, have a great brunch; I bet the family is excited to see sweet you! I love your tree; I completely understand how you feel about your mil. This will be a super tough year for us too; in fact my mil''s birthday is Friday. I hope you don''t mind me asking what you advise I do for my fil and hubby; I would like to do something special for them. My fil does not live her and I would feel horrible ignoring the day, any suggestions I would appreciate. You always have the most thoughtful ideas!

Monnie, I love it that you said pants. hehee

Lorelei, those don''t look like pants too me
2.gif
11.gif
31.gif
face20.gif

Marcy, I was so tired last night that I didn''t get your joke and this morning I do!!! Are there no mountains around or what is the terrain like out there; you have me curious about your neck of the woods. hehee I bet it is fun getting all that snow and being close to Yellowstone too!

Mara and Rod, you are missed by me! Hope you are having a great workout!

Mrs Salvo and Rod, I will think of ya tonight during DHW!!! I wonder what Victor is going to do to Gabby and Carlos? I wonder what the IRS will do to Carlos too? Interesting tv night. heeeheee

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, how about sending your FIL a nice "thinking of you" card. If he has a good friend or family member nearby, perhaps you could send the friend a gift certificate to a local restaurant so they can go out to dinner or lunch. For your husband, you could make a meal his mom used to make for him, give him a little card, or buy a plant. John''s mom loved poinsettias, so I''m going to by him one to put at our front door, like she always did.

We went for a 45 minute walk this morning, John''s cutting up fruit then I''m going to put the french toast together.

Happy Sunday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 12:59:17 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Skippy, how about sending your FIL a nice ''thinking of you'' card. If he has a good friend or family member nearby, perhaps you could send the friend a gift certificate to a local restaurant so they can go out to dinner or lunch. For your husband, you could make a meal his mom used to make for him, give him a little card, or buy a plant. John''s mom loved poinsettias, so I''m going to by him one to put at our front door, like she always did.

We went for a 45 minute walk this morning, John''s cutting up fruit then I''m going to put the french toast together.

Happy Sunday!
Kimi, thank you; that is the perfect idea!!! YAY for the walk; awesome! Enjoy brunch
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

Gosh I hope your mom is ok, please let us know and can I come over for some soup too???

Hey: Skippy, I love the ideas of a gift certificate.

DH and I are going to Costco this morning. Our Christmas Party is next Saturday. Whoo Hoo, looking forward to it. I am having friends and a few of my Classmates over. 28 people total. Not 100 like DeeJay had. HA!!!

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! sounds like everyone is being nice and active this weekend! i am having some coffee and fruit loops with greg this morning before meeting some friends for brunch and mani pedi this in a little while. we did our family room tree yesterday along with the rest of the house decorations and it looks wonderful. this is definitely the most decorated we have ever been and it all looks great. i am such a fan of home decor and things looking right that i am happy to see after 4 years that it''s finally where i want it to be here in this house. just as we will probably move next year haha, isn''t that the way!

after my zumba yesterday we showered and then headed out to get the tree with portia, she loves playing in the lot. then we stopped on our way home at the new natural yogurt place i tried the other night and i got one for lunch. i also had my 1/3 of burrito left over from the other night. greg had some leftovers from italian a few nights ago. i LOVE this tart yogurt, i have tried 2 places so far and this one is my fave. but apparently there are other places that are even more tart which i am dying to try. just gotta get over there! so then we spent all afternoon into evening finishing the house while playing christmas music, love it!

for dinner we changed and headed out to half moon bay, near the ocean. we went to this cute divey little seafood place that only takes cash, we go there maybe once a month and love it. i got fish and chips, it''s been forever since i had it i realized. i end up pulling about 3/4 of the breading off (quick trick for those who want to do this, drench the item in malt vinegar and it basically separates the breading/fried stuff from the fish and it falls off)....i like some of the actual breading fish and chip style but otherwise i like scallops without the stuff on it, and the fish is better without too i think. and i love malt vinegar. i had 4 fries (haha i didn''t realize i only had 4 but i was like oh well thats good)...2 pieces of their yummy sourdough with butter, a cup of seriously loaded clam chowder (they make it dairy free and it''s so good) and a few bites of greg''s yummy grilled snapper dish and his coleslaw. he finished off most of my dish which made me laugh because he was SO FULL afterwards and i was just glad it wasn''t me!! on the way home we stopped at sbucks and got a sugar free gingerbread nonfat latte. i am SO excited that they are doing SF gingerbread syrup now as the gingerbread latte''s are my FAVE and i was kind of sad about how many cals the syrup adds. but sugar free is like 10 cals or something. WHEE! and it was GOOD.

came home, watched TV for a while and enjoyed our new tree and then went to bed. tonite we have a group holiday party with our friends at a friend''s house...i am supposed to bring a meat of some type so i will probably stop somewhere on the way home this afternoon and get a 1/2 cooked ham or something easy. anyhow, hope everyone is having a good day!! enjoy sunday.

oh skip before i forget, zumba is a latin dance cardio class. www.zumba.com has more information and pictures and stuff. you basially learn the elements of salsa, cumbia, merengue, and one other one i am forgetting...while doing cardio moves as well and then putting together dance routines. it''s a lot of fun, and i am sooo rhythymless that i am really enjoying kind of learning the dances while burning some cals. i go 2x a week at my training facility.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

We LOVE going to Half Moon Bay. Now for the life of me, I can''t remember the name of the restaurant we eat at there. It is the main one and over looks the ocean. I don''t know if it is even there anymore.

We had my parents 40th anniversary party there years and years ago, my dad has since passed away.

The Zumba classes look like so much fun and what a workout!!!! I LOVE fruit loops. ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 3 mile walk; I walked to the grocery store. I went earlier in the day but they didn't have my favorite bread Double Fiber whole wheat so I thought I would walk to the other store. While I was at the grocery store this family had their daughter and son w/a shopping cart each. The son was about 6 and he was rammed the cart into other customers; I was in shock that the parents didn't care. I was waiting for sliced turkey but kept watching in fear that he would ram into my back while I wasn't looking since he rammed into this other customer and the parents did nothing!
14.gif

Tonight hubby is grilling up steak, burgers and chicken. I love when he does that because I don't have to worry about what to cook for a couple of days; plus, grilled meats on the barbecue are fab!!!

Mara, I love fish and chips and take 3/4ths the breading off too since it tends to taste heavy; I love malt vinegar!!!! I do eat french fries w/it
11.gif
I haven't had that since this summer but for sure it is one of my favs!!! Thanks for the link to Zumba; maybe I will buy the dvd to try it out.

Linda, I want to go to Half moon Bay sometime; it looks beautiful! I am sorry about your fathers passing. I don't know if I should do the gift cert since she passed this summer so it he may just want to be left alone since he is very private. I really like the idea of the card so I will send him one.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone! I hope you''ve all had a really nice weekend. I''ve spent mine trying to just forget the carnage of last week and basically did OK. Over the past year one of the things I''ve tried to teach myself is that it''s OK to lose sleep over things you can change, but losing sleep over things you have no control over, is just plain silly. So, I''ve decided since I have no control, I''m just going to keep doing my best and if that''s not enough, then so be it!!

Yesterday, we had a really nice day. The weather both days has been just gorgeous. Warmer than it should be for this time of year, but still not really hot. We got to wear shorts and t-shirts both days, even during the evening hours! For whatever reason, we were really energized in our workout yesterday. We tried to mix it up, which isn''t too easy to do during the week when it''s so crowded. Mixing it up takes thought and when the gym isn''t crowded works better for us. So, I made myself sore in places I haven''t been sore in some time, which is actually a really good thing. For dinner last night we went to our little corner bistro, called "The Wine Exchange." I had Prince Edward Island Mussels for an appetizer (they were absolutely do die for), then a nice caesar salad (light on the dressing) with grilled shrimp and chicken. It too was great is one of my fav''s at this place. Of course we ended the evening with Frozen Yogurt and coffee under the oak. A really nice day for sure.

This morning, we got up and put the tree up, and then the tedious process of adding lights has been an ongoing project in between going to lunch and the gym and cooking dinner. We have now put well over 1,000 twinkling lights on the tree and it just sparkles. Now comes the process of actually decorating the tree. Charlie''s going to use another day of PTO tomorrow and spend the day decorating the tree. It will take him all day to put the 2 zillion ornaments on and when it''s finally finished, I''ll post a picture. I usually don''t put decorations on the tree as he''s so into it and I just usually play christmas music, ooh and ahh and enjoy watching him enjoy the trimming part. But since he needs to use PTO time, I''ll just miss that part this year. We had another really good workout at the gym too, then I grilled filets and we had fresh squash and grilled veggies too.

Mrssalvo, the pics are just terrific. I think I can see the deer where you said it was, but had you not said it was there, I''m pretty sure I would have missed it. I do remember (and even miss just a teensy tiny bit) the solitude of the woods after the leaves have fallen. I''m glad you enjoy your walks there.

Monnie, I''m sure your customer truly loved your Pants reference and you without question made him feel at home with you!!

Marcy boo for freezing rain and mother''s hurting themselves in the Pants weather. I hope she heals quickly and isn''t in too much pain. Yay for the new washer and dryer and cutting your drying time in half!

Skippy, I''m so glad you had a good night''s sleep. Being sleep deprived for too long is a bad thing, so I hope your sleepless nights are over. And yay for a warmup to the 50''s (though that would be considered REALLY cold in Florida) and a 3 mile walk!! It should be interesting to see what happens on DHW tonight for sure. I wonder if there will be many new episodes coming up with the writers strike not being resolved.

I''m not really looking forward to work tomorrow, but will have to get over my negative feelings and just get on with things. At least we''ll have Sushi tomorrow night!! Sleep well everyone and I hope you have a good new week coming up.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope everyone had a great day. I made homemade beef noodle soup and my parents came over to eat with us. We had mixed fresh fruit and I made some cornbread muffins. My poor mom is really in pain and having a hard time moving.
Skippy, I am glad you slept well and the weather has improved so you can go walking. The terrain around my city is really flat, there is a small mountain range between us and the nearest city to the west and about 30 miles west of there you get to the Rocky Mountains. I can see mountains from here but they are 70 plus miles away. Yellowstone is in the opposite corner of the state from us. It is gorgeous. I think we get high winds here because fronts collide with systems moving in over the mountains. Kimi has some great ideas for you about your FIL and for you husband. It’s so hard to know what to do. Sounds like a “nice”
11.gif
kid at the store; it is so annoying when parents don’t pay any attention to their kids especially when they are misbehaving. My husband is very private like your FIL and my guess is he’d rather be left alone. My husband’s best friend was killed over 2 years ago and he still doesn’t like to talk about it.
Kimi, that is a really neat idea about the poinsettia and cooking John’s one of his mom’s favorite meals. I bought some containers of fresh fruit at the store today and mixed them together. It was great. I bought pineapple, mixed berries, mixed grapes and cantaloupe. All I had to do was cut some little pieces out of the pineapple and slice the strawberries in smaller pieces it was so much easier than cleaning and cutting up everything. Enjoy your fruit and French toast.
Linda, thank you for you well wishes for my mom. I hope she gets in to her doctor tomorrow. I had plenty of soup left; sorry you missed it. Have fun at your Christmas party. We are going to miss our office party, my niece is graduating from college that evening so we are going to watch that ceremony. Have fun with your party. I am sorry to hear about your father.
Mara, it sounds like you really had fun decorating your house and trees. I bet your house looks great. The restaurant you went to sound really nice; I’m not a fish person but I’d enjoy the view if nothing else. Have fun at you party tonight.
Well, like I don’t have anything else to do; I started a jigsaw puzzle so I’m going to go work on it.
Have a great evening and sleep blissfully tonight.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I''m glad you had a great weekend. Your weather sounds divine. It sounds like you have a healthy attitude about not loosing sleep about things you can''t change; that''s a hard lesson to learn but well worth the effort. I hope this week goes well for you at work. My thoughts are with you. Enjoy your sushi tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results