shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th Nov till 2nd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all, and I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

I was reading an inspirational book yesterday and it brought home to me again, the power of positive thinking. It is so easy to cry into our full fat milk and cookies and think that we can''t make good food choices or exercise, that we will start tomorrow - only tomorrow never comes! We all have the power within us to choose - either we decide we are going to do something about the excess weight that is troubling us, or not. This applies also no matter where we are on our journeys, if you are just maintaining it is still important to make the time- obviously if you are sick, then going to the gym may be a very bad idea, but if you find yourself mulling over the usual excuses " I will go tomorrow, I am too tired, too busy, don''t feel like it..." etc, then it may be a good idea to push yourself and get out there and commit to doing just 20 minutes. I have often used this trick and 99% of the time, have continued for longer and had a great workout!

Every day we have to try to summon up positive thoughts towards helping us make the right choices for the day ahead. Like with anything, it gets easier with practise and the longer you do it, it becomes second nature like meal planning - you begin to have a '' power plan'' for your fitness and eating regime. Being in shape and eating well doesn''t happen by accident as us WWTers know. We have to plan out a regime that will work for us, fit in with our daily lives and allow us to live a little too! Everything comes from the first positive thought we all must begin with - " I can do this." Also like with anything, knowledge is power. So reading up on the great info now available is a huge help. I also find a toolbox can help you on this journey, which need not be material things, but positive thoughts to help you. When the going gets tough, or you just feel plain unmotivated, then you can reach into your toolbox to find aid. It may be giving yourself the luxury of time to lose the weight, which in my opinion is a great gift on this journey - it helps bring eating the cake into perspective! It may be something like having or doing a manicure to shake things up, thoughts of a party or occasion to aim for, thoughts of your improving health, perhaps not getting out of breath so quickly when working out, or the thoughts of those pants which now zip easier, I know there are plenty that each of us can use when we need some extra help.

Also along with the inevitable stones we find in our paths, we do need to be able to stop at times, congratulate ourselves and admire the view! So it is very useful to set achievable goals and rewards to keep us motivated, even if we are maintaining, no matter where we are on our journeys. Finally, remember that weight and fitness is only part of who we are. Paying attention to diet and exercise is a wonderful thing for us in so many ways, it will enrich our quality of life immensely, but it isn''t the be all and end all. Make the most of all the great things that being fit and healthy will allow you to do, such as enjoying your families, friends and pets! Because that has to be the ultimate goal and reward along with looking and feeling fit and healthy!

You CAN do it!

Have a great week
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, Thanks for the inspirational post.

I haven''t posted in here in awhile, but I''m so proud of myself for my Thanksgiving week behavior. My gym at work kicked off the holiday maintain don''t gain program the week before last so that helped with some motivation. I went to bikram yoga tuesday, wednesday, and last night. They did offer a few classes on T-day morning but I wouldn''t have had enough time to get ready. On Turkey day the sweet potato casserole was so sweet and delicious that I counted it as my dessert. I started to get seconds on that and the corn casserole, but right when I sat down with my seconds the fullness set in, so that was a good thing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Appletini - good to see you!!
35.gif
Well done for the choices you made over the holiday too
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, as always, brilliant! At work and at school I encounter many people who have the "can''t do it attitude" and I find it so sad for them. What an awful way to live! We have so much power over ourselves, we just need to tap into it.

Made a CL empenadas recipe for dinner last night that was yummy. I''m working today, looking forward to returning after a week off. I have a week long break from school, so I''m going to work as much as I get called in to do so.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 8:55:02 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Lorelei, as always, brilliant! At work and at school I encounter many people who have the ''can''t do it attitude'' and I find it so sad for them. What an awful way to live! We have so much power over ourselves, we just need to tap into it.

Made a CL empenadas recipe for dinner last night that was yummy. I''m working today, looking forward to returning after a week off. I have a week long break from school, so I''m going to work as much as I get called in to do so.

Hope everyone has a great day.
* blush* tank you Kimmy!!!
12.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Happy new week. I am now only 1.4 pounds higher than before I started my vacation. That''s an improvement.

Tdiddy, yay for being down another pound.

Lorelei, thank you for expressing "my thoughts exactly" for the power of positive thinking and how important it is in our journey to a healthier life. When I hit a bump in the road I don''t let it get me down (much anyway) but know I "can do it" and that I will return to pursuing my goal.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 9:01:36 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone. Happy new week. I am now only 1.4 pounds higher than before I started my vacation. That''s an improvement.

Tdiddy, yay for being down another pound.

Lorelei, thank you for expressing ''my thoughts exactly'' for the power of positive thinking and how important it is in our journey to a healthier life. When I hit a bump in the road I don''t let it get me down (much anyway) but know I ''can do it'' and that I will return to pursuing my goal.

I hope everyone has a great day!
So glad to be able to help Marcy! It is hard to not let bumps in the road get us down, I have to be strict with myself and work on realising that in the long term, it won''t make any difference if I eat too much of high calorie or fat food. Also that expecting perfection is unrealistic and and no way to live, like with so many things we may fall, but it is what we do after that counts - pick ourselves up and move forward. I am still trying to change my thinking from years of ultra strict diets and even ones which are well known, I found that none of it was helpful in the long term either physically or mentally. Especially thinking I had to weigh a certain amount to be successful. Rot.
14.gif
More important is that I feel good, get many compliments that I look great, am fit and healthy and have quit smoking for almost 18 months and haven''t gained weight. That is what matters to me.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome, Lorelei, but really thank you for always taking the time to write such amazing openings. 18 months of not smoking is HUGE!! CONGRATULATIONS!

P.S. Are we ever going to get to see pictures of Jazmine?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 9:12:48 AM
You're welcome, Lorelei, but really thank you for always taking the time to write such amazing openings. 18 months of not smoking is HUGE!! CONGRATULATIONS!

I just tried to load one, but it is too big, I will have to see if I can resize it....

Thanks for the congratsies!!! I know things have been difficult for you recently Kimmy, but I was wondering about your Ugliest Christmas Tree Ornament contest...!
9.gif

Any Takers This Year?
28.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 9:18:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

You're welcome, Lorelei, but really thank you for always taking the time to write such amazing openings. 18 months of not smoking is HUGE!! CONGRATULATIONS!

I just tried to load one, but it is too big, I will have to see if I can resize it....

Thanks for the congratsies!!! I know things have been difficult for you recently Kimmy, but I was wondering about your Ugliest Christmas Tree Ornament contest...!
9.gif

Any Takers This Year?
28.gif
Oh yes, the Ugly Ornament Contest lives on...I haven't started shopping yet. My mom and dad have already purchased theirs. I don't know about my sister and her husband. I am amazed that no one has bought that lovely beast!

I'm suprised I've given the impression of having had a bad year, aside from the crazy fires and losing John's mom, I thought this year was wonderful (newly married, new house, getting closer to finishing school...).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, yay for the program at the gym. Great idea. Good job not gaining any weight over Thanksgiving.

Kimi, I know what you mean about it being sad people get the attitude I can''t do it or it''s too hard. I was there not too long ago and I am sure glad I realized I can do it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 9:24:49 AM

You''re welcome, Lorelei, but really thank you for always taking the time to write such amazing openings. 18 months of not smoking is HUGE!! CONGRATULATIONS!

9.gif

Any Takers This Year?
28.gif
Oh yes, the Ugly Ornament Contest lives on...I haven''t started shopping yet. My mom and dad have already purchased theirs. I don''t know about my sister and her husband. I am amazed that no one has bought that lovely beast!

I''m suprised I''ve given the impression of having had a bad year, aside from the crazy fires and losing John''s mom, I thought this year was wonderful (newly married, new house, getting closer to finishing school...).
NONONO you didn''t give the impression you had a bad year at all Kimmy, I was just thinking about John''s Mom and the fires very recently!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 9:29:39 AM

Date: 11/26/2007 9:24:49 AM

9.gif

Any Takers This Year?
28.gif
Oh yes, the Ugly Ornament Contest lives on...I haven''t started shopping yet. My mom and dad have already purchased theirs. I don''t know about my sister and her husband. I am amazed that no one has bought that lovely beast!

I''m suprised I''ve given the impression of having had a bad year, aside from the crazy fires and losing John''s mom, I thought this year was wonderful (newly married, new house, getting closer to finishing school...).
NONONO you didn''t give the impression you had a bad year at all Kimmy, I was just thinking about John''s Mom and the fires very recently!
Phew, I thought I''d turned into a Negative Nelly! I miss John''s mom terribly, and the fires were scary, but all-in-all we have such a nice life and I hope I never gave any other impression.

Lorelei, here''s my Christmas gift from you, you will post a picture of Jazmine (email it to Andrey, he''ll help!).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you could ever be negative Kimmy!! OK, a pic will soon be on its way to Andrey for you! I don't have many good ones as the camera has been broken for some time now, but I will send the best one I can find.

Pic has been sent, it is one of a sort of back view of her grazing, as most of the pics either have Hubby or myself with her, but this one will give you an idea of what a Princess she is!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy morning all!! lorelei thanks for a great starter, can''t wait to see the piccie of Jaz.

APPLETINI!!!!! where ya been, whatcha been doing?? i was just thinking about you recently!! hope all is well with you.

gosh is it time to go back to work already...so sad!!! we had a good day yesterday, greg pulled out all my xmas stuff and we put up the big fake tree downstairs in front of our french doors. it''s all red and gold. last year it was just all gold but i was bored so i made it red and gold this year but now need more red ornaments to balance it out. so i''ll be hitting up target today at lunch. next wkd we''ll get our real family room tree so the house is only 1/2 decorated right now which feels kind of weird hehee...but it''s easier to do it in spurts...i have so much stuff! it does feel weird to have holiday stuff up in NOV still but it was just easier for greg to pull all my stuff out from in storage while he was tinkering in the garage this wkd.

dinner last nite was leftovers and then we went for an hour long brisk walk with portia. oh i did make choco chip cookies, but i used 1/2 splenda 1/2 sugar and 1/2 brown sugar splenda 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 butter and 1/2 applesauce, added oatmeal as well. they came out really well, a little cakey instead of crispy flat, which i think was the result adding applesauce and less butter but i really liked them that way! i love puffy cookies. and they were sweet but not too sweet, so perfect!

today i had my egg white omelet with high fiber wrap and coffee to get back on track. for the most part during the breakfasts while on holiday i ate quite normally. i had egg whites daily even if it was with a slice of coffee cake or french toast or whatever, still got my protein in!! i think that it does affect you, i believe tdiddy said that if you start your morning the right way it sets a good precedent for the rest of the day, i totally agree. i am not the hugest fan of strict routines but i like eating breakfast the right way. i can have splurges elsewhere but breakkie needs to be healthyish for me!

i think i have my trainer this evening, but if not, i will go to the work gym and start getting off those thanksgiving pounds! i am taking leftovers today in the way of some stuffing, mashed taters, white turkey breast and brussel sprouts. we may do the turkey pot pies tonite, i have the turkey, carrots, onion. we''ll see what else i might need to pick up. mrs salvo, i didn''t post my turkey pot pie recipe but i think i posted my chicken pot pie recipe in the healthiest recipes thread. i''m just going to replace chicken with turkey.

anyway hope everyone is having a fab day, well for a return-to-work-monday that is.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Here is a Picture of Lorelei beautiful Horse.

lorelie_IMG_1558_m.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!!! Thanks so much Andrey!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei what a gorgeous horse!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Thankies Andrey and Lorelei for the pic
9.gif
Thanks for the opening; I have been there many times talking myself into working out.

Mara, yay for being half way finished decorating. Do you get the super high fiber wraps endorsed by best life? I was wondering if those were good.

Kimi, I have been wondering about the ugly ornament. heheehee
9.gif
Do you decorate your tree with them? I have a few ugly ornaments for fun on my tree; they are good conversational pieces. hehee

Appletini, yay for doing so well over the holiday weekend! Yoga rocks; I loved it when I did it but it has been awhile.

Marcy yay for not gaining much!

I got on the scale this morning and gained 1 lb which won't be hard to lose. I think my walks helped and then eating bad makes it easy to want to eat healthy because of the heartburn so it makes it easy to not stray too long. I signed up for another sewing class next semester; it is garmet making. I finished decorating my tree yesterday. It feels good to be done w/that.

Today I will be walking and I have a dentist appt today. I love getting my teeth cleaned. Have a great day friends!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe Skippers, she is a true beauty and I must admit I am rather proud of her!
16.gif
She is also very spoiled and is highly intelligent which makes for an interesting combination....
25.gif

I think I am going to have a trot on the treddy tonight, did some light weights and ellip last night, so a treddy session will be just right.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:30:37 AM
Hehehe Skippers, she is a true beauty and I must admit I am rather proud of her!
16.gif
She is also very spoiled and is highly intelligent which makes for an interesting combination....
25.gif

I think I am going to have a trot on the treddy tonight, did some light weights and ellip last night, so a treddy session will be just right.
I would be proud too; she is a beauty! My parents had cows as a hobby and I always wanted a horse growing up! They are so sweet and beautiful; your land looks lovely too!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:28:40 AM
Author: Skippy123

Today I will be walking and I have a dentist appt today. I love getting my teeth cleaned. Have a great day friends!
LOL! I thought I was the only person who actually liked going to the dentist...glad to know I'm not alone.

Prior to last week I had not been to yoga in forever, its actually easier for me to go during the holidays with all the vacation time. You should go back to it...its like riding a bike you never forget how. Just in the 3 lessons this past week I can already feel my body improving.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We had a overnight party in Banff and it was wonderful. Great eating except for the eggnog creme brulee.
14.gif
Who''d have thought you could ruin cb.

I am exercising for the first time in a while since my knee has been fairly sore. Normally I''d watch an entire movie while on the bike, weights, but today I did my routine to half of Live Free or Die Hard--gotta love John MacLean
41.gif
. Anyway the knee is so far so good.....

Lovely horse Lorelei!!! Have to bundle up today--the high is predicted to be -14 and with the wind chill this morning, it was -25
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

Lorelei, Jasmine is just gorgeous! And I love the whole scene; green grass as far as the eye can see!

Appletini, hello! Good for you on the good Thanksgiving week behavior (wish I could say the same, ha ha... )

Kimi, Negative Nelly my foot! You are always so upbeat and positive.

Marcy, 1.4 lbs ain't nothin' -- you'll have that off in no time!

Mara, LOL on the tree up already. We are debating about putting ours up for the party on Friday or not. It's so festive, but I don't think we're going to have enough room for people as it is, let alone with a giant tree in the middle of the living room...

Skippy, I can't wait to see what you make in your next sewing class!

Sharon, take care of that knee. And -25?!? Holy cow!

Today I have a bunch of work to do and then the heating/cooling people are coming to check out the untis for the season this afternoon. I hope they aren't here too long because I would like to get to the gym today.

Last night I wrapped all of the Christmas presents that I've gotten so far. I would say I'm at least 75% done. And today I have to wrap all the gifts for my clients and put them in the padded shipping envelopes. Ug. Does it never end?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my friends. I'm back and upright! Whoo! Apparently, I was working on some serious adrenaline last time I posted...once that wore off everything hurt. A lot. So I'm home this week (working) but recommitting to my daily rambling posties here on WWT. I miss being here.
7.gif

Long story short, I am all sorts of crazy neon due to bruises healing. I would post pictures like some people, but the bruises are on my face (and I ain't taking pictures of my jolly green forehead), my back, my knees (too tricky to angle) and my boobs for some reason. Hmm. Methinks the steering wheel copped a cheap feel on impact. That or the EMT guys. Nah, they were totally not funny that way. Not that copping a cheap feel is funny. It's not. It's very very wrong.
11.gif

I totally do not recommend the high-speed-impact diet plan, but I am down about 4 pounds. My body is working furiously to heal and I am just not eating as much as before (don't worry, I'm still shoveling it in). It's oddly motivating to get my body back to non-soreness, though. I have the ok to do light bowflex and elliptical workouts, and will attempt it today once DH comes back from whatever tree hugging he's doing today.

Met my brothers girlfriend (soon to be FI). Bro is happy. I couldn't get a "read" on her, so I am chalking that up to her being really really out of her element.

Lorelei, I adored your starter this morning. My outlook is so different now. DH says that the crash was the first day of my life, in some ways. Thanks for being in synch with all of our needs and knowing, magically, exactly what to say! My toolbox has been miraculously refilled with shiny new motivation. I just want to live well now. And, is it me or is your icon changing like every 2 hours? I did get a bump on the noggin, so it's entirely possible that your icon is exactly the same. Yea on your sweet horse! Gorgeous!

Appletini -- awesome job on the t-day moderation. I hear you on the sweet potatoes. It's so great that you are listening to the signals your body is sending you.

Kimberly -- love your icon, too! I'm so happy you have a week off. Here's to you having some fun days with the kiddies or without!

Mara -- please post a pic of the tree(s) when finished! Sounds like so much fun!

Hey Skippy! Miss you! I still think of you when I take the "strolls" with the dog...although my scenery contains a lot more concrete than yours! Have fun at the dentist!

Canuk-gal -- I'm giggling at the creme brulee. I love that stuff. Ruining it should be a federal offense. I also watched Live Free or Die Hard. What a fun time. I just wanted to rub Bruce Willis's bald head with some canola oil. For some reason. Don't ask. Stay warm! Wear a hat!

DeeJay! You are so ahead of the game you are making me feel guilty. I would totally help you at your party, but I'm more of a...conversation piece right now! Let me know if there is anything I can do whilst sitting on my fanny.
31.gif

Rod -- hey! Loved the paintings last week. Hope you are well.

Hugs to all -- I'm off to have some tea, do some work, and gently stretch my poor muscles. Here's to life!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon and Dee! I will tell Miss Jasmine that she has lots of Aunties complimenting her beauty - she so knows she is hot stuff! It is a great place to live out in the country, but it gets very bleak and cold in winter, also very windy as we are exposed here to the elements. Skippers, I enjoy looking after the land, although the pic was taken early in the summer, the grass hadn't quite got going yet! I think you have to enjoy working on the land if you have horses as they do destroy good grazing land very quickly by being wasteful grazers and their hooves chop it up too, but it is worth it to see them on a cared for piece of land. It can keep me very busy with rotating the paddocks, weeding, topping the grass, picking up manure and everything else that comes with it.

Hee - yes Jas, my avatar is changing regularly, I fancied something a little twinkly as I said to Miss Ellen! And I am glad the opener was helpful
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2007 12:48:41 PM
Author: jas

DeeJay! You are so ahead of the game you are making me feel guilty. I would totally help you at your party, but I'm more of a...conversation piece right now! Let me know if there is anything I can do whilst sitting on my fanny.
31.gif

jas, I'm so glad you said this becuase I totally forgot -- since you only live a few blocks from me (I think you know we're in Kinzie Park) I wanted to invite you to the party. Seriously, we're having SO many people that a few more (i.,e., you and your DH) will blend right in. If you want to come let me know and I'll make arrangements with the guards at the gatehouse to make sure you get sent to the right place. It is always a fun time! And I promise you wouldn't have to do anything, LOL.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my Total Body Training class at lunch today...I hadn''t been in several weeks but I could tell that last weeks yoga really made things a lot easier today.

Mara, I''ve been around just mostly lurking and avoiding the WWT sicne I haven''t been as active as I should be. Please post pics of your holiday deocrations...hhmmm maybe we should start a new thread just for that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, I am so glad you are walking!!! I was worried about you, missy! Yes, please post more often; we totally miss your posts. Hey, I will think of you on my walks too; you are such a sweetie!

Appletini, I will post my tree for ya! I posted it in Somethingshiny's thread of xmas trees. I think Rod likes going to the dentist too! Yay for getting a good toning workout in! I will have to go back to yoga soon.

Sharon, I am sorry about the knee! I really feel for you; I hated during the summer when my knee was bad for a month. Glad the knee is improving.

DeeJay, wow, I am impressed about you wrapping all the pressies!!! Now did you do your cards? hehee It feels like there is always something; I pick up my holiday cards tomorrow. Hope you get to the gym! Nice to see you back!!

Lorelei, yay, that is a huge workout looking out after the land!
3.gif
I know that is what keeps my parents young (they love looking after their animals).

Tdiddy, I love the abominable monster; he is such a sweetie!

Rod, enjoy sushi tonight! Hope you don't have to work too hard.

Mrs. Salvo, did you do the magic stairs? You are such a healthy preggo!

Big sorry but I couldn't help sharing my adorable nephew; here he is! Can you tell I adore him, hope you don't mind (he turns 2 New Years day). This was on Thanksgiving; he is so much fun to be around (he wouldn't smile for the camera but he does irl all the time)! Since Appletini asked about decorations here is my tree too
9.gif
I was going to walk today but decided to do a workout dvd instead. Thanks friends!!!
I can't wait to see everyone elses tree!!!!!
3.gif
ps I promise no more pics for awhile.

11-07%20pics%20106.JPG

11-07 pics 021.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone! We just got home a few hours ago from Atlanta. It is good to be back, but sad to leave family at the same time. I''ve just had a chance to skim through the posts, so I will have to get all caught up later when I have more time. Just wanted to say hello really quick. I got on the scale and I only gained a pound...I am so excited especially considering all the things I ate, but I did practice portion control. I didn''t have any formal workouts, but sure did burn some calories shopping:) I got a new ering and wedding band for my anniversary present! I will have to post it in the SMTR forum when I can get some good pictures! Hope everyone has a great night!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy! Your nephew is just scrumptious! Oh those cheeks! You are also gorgeous, but I am so sure you are tired of hearing that!
9.gif

DeeJay, thank you so much. Right now, my face (and body) look like some sort of LiteBrite display (I''m all shades of green and purple and red) so I''m not feeling the pretty right now. But golly, I am so flattered! Another time, one when I won''t be mistaken for holiday lights.

I did not get to stretch today...I''ve been working since 9am on something that should have only taken a few hours. My brain is on strike!

I did fool around with the iVillage makeover thing and gave myself quite the virtual perm. And I went super blonde. Which may explain why my work didn''t get done quickly (not because I went blonde but because I was messing around with the program).

Had a huge bowl of cheerios + grape nuts this morning for breakfast, not hungry for lunch, and am having slow-cooked chicken with Williams Sonoma Moroccan marinade. The house smells delish!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results