shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd Oct till 29th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

ANOTHER month nearly over...How fast the time goes. No workout for me today as we are busy with a crucial part of the floor, but I did do some extra over the weekend so it shouldn''t matter at all. I did some intervals on the treadmill and need to take the manual out to it to preprogram in some suggested intervals to save me having to remember to alter it, if I can get those on it would be good on the user progs.

Keep up the great work everyone
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

GOod luck with your busy day, Lorelei! Way to balance the day off, so to speak, with extra working out over the weekend.

I have a huge paper due on Thursday along with 4 other projects due between today and next Monday, so I''ll be focusing on that and not exercise today. I hope to get in a good walk this evening though.

Making eggplant lasagna for dinner from a Cooking Light recipe, should be good.

Congrats on the new size, Mara! That''s so fun and exciting.

Hope everyone has a great workout day.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Good Afternoon all!
Lorelei-- I am interested, are you refinishing your own floors? I''m impressed if you are... very impressed!

KimberlyH, what classes are you taking? I applaud you as well!!! I just finished my masters degree, and am still working on some
undergraduate courses in order to receive me teaching certificate. Honestly, it WEARS ME OUT! It also really cuts into work out time!

Well, I had a cruddy work out week last week, and am raring to go this week.
I ran 10.27 miles yesterday for half marathon training, I don''t feel too bad today either. Today I have parent teacher conferences (AGAIN)
and won''t have much time to do anything, so I''ll take the dogs on an extra long walk and do some serious stretching. Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow.

I haven''t planned dinner for tonight, though, maybe a large salad with baked chicken?

Trying to make sure I DRINK enough water today, though. That''s my biggest struggle... HYDRATION! It''s hard as a teacher, because I can''t just run out of my classroom to use the bathroom.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday
!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks kimberly!

gosh today my arms are sooo sore from the exercises i did yesterday, and my back as well. since the trainer told me my back is weaker, i have been trying to do more work with the machines at the gym and i can really feel it the next day. yesterday my arms were fatigued so they were shaking after my workout...that always trips me out. haha. but no pain no gain right!

i also am feeling a bit tired as it''s TTOTM again, and my legs are pretty sore from yesterday''s climb on the treadmill so i may take tonite off and just curl up on the couch. we''ll see how i feel. if i can, i will go to class tonite since it''s really not that much of an exertion for me anymore to do my class...and it would make me feel better probably.

breakfast was a blend of flax cereal (my new awesome find, something like 11g of fiber and 10g of protein and only 100 cals for 3/4cup) and a fun honey oat cereal with berries. the flax cereal is the fiber and protein and the fun cereal is for taste..blending together is typically perfect for ''taste'' and gets me what i need for nutrients. lunch will be a spaghetti and meatballs from LC...and then snack will probably be a kashi go lean bar or a luna bar or something. if i don''t work out today i will try to keep cals even lower than typical since i''m not going to be burning calories resting on the couch! for dinner we''ll probably have the fresh rosemary roasted chicken and wild rice dish i got from TJ''s last nite, and a fresh salad for each of us.

hope everyone has a wonderful day. good luck with your project lorelei, that should get some arm work going!?!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my total body training class today lunch...glad I went.

Also does anyone watch Healthy Eating with Ellie Krieger on Food Network? Last night for dinner we made 2 of her recipes and they are very tasty (I''m having leftovers for lunch and I''m not a leftovers person). The pork was so tender and had great flavor. Also the mashed potatoes are really yummy...I was very skeptical on these b/c I''m from the more butter the merrier school when it comes to mashed p. On the show she mentioned using yukon gold potatoes and leaving the skins on for all the nutrients.

Here is the link...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ek/episode/0,2763,FOOD_25716_43380,00.html

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Good luck with your floor, Lorelei. Sounds like a hard job
7.gif

Welcome to another week of fitness everyone.

Everyone is doing great
35.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
happy monday!

congrats on your walk for the cause kimberly!!

On saturday, I did another advanced pilates. That was a MISTAKE. i should have just taken the day off to let my muscles rest, but i was feeling okay and decided to have a repeat performance. I could barely make it through and it certainly wasn''t with the kind of control and fluidity that one is supposed to have. I suppose it''s like lifting weights, you need to take a rest day.

so for last week that was 2 cardio workouts, a bunch of long walks and 4 pilates workouts.

tonight, i have a book club meeting. we''re going to a chinese place and depending on my mood, i''ll either splurge or stick to some kind of steamed veggies and garlic. yum.

my hubby and i went to trader joe''s yesterday and stocked up on lots of good things. my favorite, though, is the soup in a resealable container. i believe there are about 4 portions for under $3. I picked up creamy tomato, carrot and ginger and butternut squash. I love soup for lunch, but didn''t love paying for it at au bon pain...

and appletini, i''ve seen ellie''s show and made the greenbean salad last night. it was delicious. i think that i posted the recipe in last week''s thread.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
good morning workout group! sorry i''ve been mia lately. with less than a month to go till the big day, i''ve decided I HAVE TO WORK OUT EVERYDAY during the week. it''s a must. so far so good. and i''m noticing a difference. that''s how it goes with me, a week of work and i see mucho progresso. (yeh, i don''t speak spanish). anyhoo- i also wanted to announce that FI has fianlly given in and joined the same gym as me!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
i''m SO happy. this means early morning workouts for the both of us. he''s happy to get back to running again and hoping shed off some extra fluff. hopefully he''ll notice some change for the wedding too.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
lulu,
We were also going to make the green bean salad last night, but I have a very large steamer so I decided it wasn''t worth the effort...I need to get a small one for when we''re not entertaining.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
apple: you can pick up a smalller, folding steamer for under $10 that fits into most any saucepan, etc...
117046e.jpg

ETA: the green bean salad is really good!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 1:17:30 PM
Author: Tybee
Good Afternoon all!
Lorelei-- I am interested, are you refinishing your own floors? I''m impressed if you are... very impressed!

KimberlyH, what classes are you taking? I applaud you as well!!! I just finished my masters degree, and am still working on some
undergraduate courses in order to receive me teaching certificate. Honestly, it WEARS ME OUT! It also really cuts into work out time!

Well, I had a cruddy work out week last week, and am raring to go this week.
I ran 10.27 miles yesterday for half marathon training, I don''t feel too bad today either. Today I have parent teacher conferences (AGAIN)
and won''t have much time to do anything, so I''ll take the dogs on an extra long walk and do some serious stretching. Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow.

I haven''t planned dinner for tonight, though, maybe a large salad with baked chicken?

Trying to make sure I DRINK enough water today, though. That''s my biggest struggle... HYDRATION! It''s hard as a teacher, because I can''t just run out of my classroom to use the bathroom.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday
!
Tybee: I am in a duel program to earn my M.A. in Education as well as my multiple subject teaching credential. If I had gone to a state school I would have had to take several undergrad courses to raise my overall GPA before admittance to a program -- I was not the best of students my first time around -- so I''m going the online route through the University of Phoenix, which I thought wouold be a cake walk but I was so very wrong. I spend more time writing and reading in these classes than I could have ever imagined. I''m currently taking Child and Adolescent Development and this is the end of the course so the projects are piled up! I am so lucky that my husband let me quit working and apply for my emergency cred. so I can substitute part time and focus on school. There is no way I would have been able to do this and work full time. My GPA is a 3.9 this time around (YAY ME!) but I spend about 35 hrs a week on school including classroom observations. If I were commuting as opposed to walking into my office to do homework this would be a full time job in and of itself!

Thanks for the encouraging words about the walk everyone, I am really excited to be participating!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, well I did my first kickboxing class in ages today. I cannot believe how out of shape I''ve become. My heartrate skyrocketed during the warmup
23.gif
. my muscles seriously feel like jello right now and i know I will be feeling this and will probably take some advil later. I must say it really felt good to sweat and really get my heart pumping. walking my dog and kids is nice but just not anywhere close to really pushing myself.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You GO Mrssalvo! Kickboxing is great!
36.gif

Imagine how I felt at my first Brazilian Jujitsu class after not stepping foot into a gym in 15 years!

It takes time, effort, and perseverance!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone
35.gif

i''ve been MIA as the past few weeks have been hectic for me. hubby''s grandfather passed away the friday before last so last week was filled with family and lots and lots of comfort food. i only made it to work out once last week, but i know that''s ok.

so this is a new week, and it''s time for a new beginnning. after going shopping with mara yesterday i am newly inspired
1.gif
i tried on some citizens and the largest size were a little snug, so i''m going to kick my butt into gear and lose a few lbs and then go back. i tried on the same jeans a few weeks previous and they fit fine, and i didn''t buy them because i was waiting for my next paycheck...so now i guess i have to wait til i fit into them again! but it''s not just about the jeans or looking great, i don''t feel great right now even though i am in relatively good shape. if i could just lose about 15 lbs and keep it off then i know i''d look AND feel great...

also, i must say that mara looks absolutely fabulous, and all of her hard work has totally paid off. greg is a luck guy
9.gif

lorelei, yay for the extra workout over the weekend and enjoy your day off!

kimberly, let us know how that lasagna is and if it''s great then please do share the recipe

tybee, i''m excited that you''re training for a 1/2 marathon. i love running! will this be your first? when is your event?

apple, i''ve never seen ellie krieger..been too busy for tv lately...thanks for the link, puttanesca is one of my fave dishes and i''m going to try this version soon!

lovelylulu, thanks for the tj''s soup tip! i am going grocery shopping there tonight.

jcrow, i''m so excited for your wedding!!! i know that you''ll look and feel great so don''t stress yourself out too much over-doing the workout. i''m glad that you''re seeing results so keep it up so that you can splurge once the big week comes!

mrs salvo, keep up the kickboxing...i''m sure you''ll be caught up soon and you''ll love the results.

well, for me, i am going to go to the gym for the next three nights, do my usual track run on thursday (about 3-4 miles), take friday off, and then saturday i will run about 10-12 miles (i''m in the late stages of training for a marathon in early dec). today i have started counting points on weight watchers, so we''ll see how it goes
1.gif

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone,

I had the best intentions of running today, but somehow the day got away from me and I only managed a short walk. I shouldn''t feel too bad since I worked out super hard this weekend, but this is the first Monday I haven''t run in a couple of months. Since I have nothing else to do, I may run tomorrow morning and do the gym tomorrow afternoon to make up for my day off today. I was still pretty sore this morning, which I suppose helped deter my run, but I can make up for it.

Otherwise nothing new to report. The job in Philly has fallen through. They said I was the perfect candidate, but have put the job on hold for the time being. It''s tough to find suitable jobs at my level. It''s frustrating and disappointing to be in this situation at my age. Oh well, I have to keep a chin up and realize that the right thing will come along at some point. I''m still seriously considering leaving the corporate world altogether and going into the mortgage business. I guess time will tell. I''ve promised myself I would explore all my options then make a decision and stick with it.

I''ll report in tomorrow and hopefully tell you I ran and did the gym.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
KimberlyH!!
I''m cheering for you! We could have been study buddies! I''m basically making up for the science and math that I didn''t take undergrad. YIKES taking classes online is WAY WAY WAY harder than I thought too! I''m currently taking a break from my math lesson to check out this thread.

Modified Brilliant:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love Cambell''s soup! The rest of the food on that list gets the boot from me anyhow, but I can''t give up my chicken noodle soup on cold cold nights!

Orangevixen:
I love running too. It clears my crazy head. This is not my first 1/2 marathon, but it''s my first one in my 30''s (I''m 38 YIKES!)
I gave up running for a while because I''d wrecked my knees playing field sports (three knee surgeries.) But I''ve since taken it up again, and I couldn''t feel better. My race is on Thanksgiving morning. What better day to run 13 plus miles, right? I''m excited to be back in running shoes again!

Is it bad if I''m drinking red wine while posting here? It''s been a really rough day in the classroom
32.gif
31.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 8:05:55 PM
Author: Rod
Hey everyone,

I had the best intentions of running today, but somehow the day got away from me and I only managed a short walk. I shouldn't feel too bad since I worked out super hard this weekend, but this is the first Monday I haven't run in a couple of months. Since I have nothing else to do, I may run tomorrow morning and do the gym tomorrow afternoon to make up for my day off today. I was still pretty sore this morning, which I suppose helped deter my run, but I can make up for it.

Otherwise nothing new to report. The job in Philly has fallen through. They said I was the perfect candidate, but have put the job on hold for the time being. It's tough to find suitable jobs at my level. It's frustrating and disappointing to be in this situation at my age. Oh well, I have to keep a chin up and realize that the right thing will come along at some point. I'm still seriously considering leaving the corporate world altogether and going into the mortgage business. I guess time will tell. I've promised myself I would explore all my options then make a decision and stick with it.

I'll report in tomorrow and hopefully tell you I ran and did the gym.
Oh Rod, don't feel badly. The day gets away from us faster sometimes when we are not booked solid, than if we don't have a minute to spare!!

I am sorry to hear that the job in Philly fell through, and I know you are feeling frustrated and disappointed, but something perfect for you will come along, when you are least expecting it! Hang in there, and keep you head high!

On a personal note, a co-worker asked me today if I had dropped some weight lately or what?! I haven't really lost much but it was nice to hear and it gave me renewed energy to keep working out and watch what I am putting in my mouth!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod don''t be discouraged....I would definitely consider other options esp if you think you''d be a good personality fit and the potential is there to make money. The promotional sales job I just left...I was doing ''okay'' at it but there are other gals there who were pulling in like $200k a year in income. Of course they were working at all hours and pretty stressed out which I was totally not into so I was never at their level, but the potential was there to make some serious dough if you were committed. If this mortgage broker thing is like that, and from what I have heard, it can be...and you feel like you need a break from looking or what you were doing and want a change...and you feel like you have the right mental fit for it, try it! I was lucky enough to try this for 2 years and I did well at it but never as well as I *could* and in the end it was just not the right fit for me at the right time. But I will definitely consider going back to it if we have kids and I want to do something where I lay out what I want to do and the income is basically proportional. But for now I prefer to do the corporate thing again because I was mentally missing it and it''s nice to have a really steady paycheck even if it''s not the crazy potential of the sales gig. Also you could do this mortgage thing for a while and leave your resume out there and you never know. I got lucky with this corporate marketing thing when I was mentally ready to get back into it, and it was just the right fit at the right time. So I always feel like there''s some rhyme or reason to life''s craziness.

So I''m feeling pretty rough tonite since it''s TTOTM and I just feel really tired and drained, today was a long day at work since my digestive system was kind of upset as well (possibly the nonfat pumpkin spice latte i had?!) and so tonite I am just curling up on the couch with my white rat and husband and watching some crap TV and relaxing. I am really glad I pushed during yesterday''s workout so I can definitely feel like *earned* a rest tonite. Hopefully tomorrow I''ll be back on it and can work out Tues-Sat and maybe take Sun off.

I can tell that my boss is definitely going to be a bad influence on my eating!! She''s a total snacker and she''s so busy she doesn''t eat proper meals. So she gets things like fruit from Starbucks with her morning coffee but then she gets hungry and eats like 2 rice krispy snacks and eats candies and other random things. I have been stockpiling stuff in my drawers so I have a hodgepodge of luna and kashi bars and also some noodle soups and stuff, so I tend to try to give her the ''right'' stuff to eat...hahaa. I also am going to bring a bunch of my LC''s to work and put them in the freezer (there are only like 4 gals in the office so the freezer is empty, how funny is that.!!) so that we''ll have stuff just in case as well. Anyway she also goes to Starbucks like 2x a day and I like walking over but I don''t want to get into the habit of getting a drink every time. Today I had a nonfat PSL which was only 200 cals for a tall but still, that''s like eating a Luna bar and I could probably use the fiber from the Luna bar instead of the 39g of sugar from the PSL. hehe. But I do love gingerbread lattes at holiday so I will definitely be partaking then! In the meantime I can get an iced plain blacak tea sometimes which hits the spot and they also have plain iced green tea.

Anyway, jury is still out on dinner, we may do the rosemary chicken thing but I also have a mini pot pie in the freezer (I had to LOL when I saw the ixnay on the pot pie in the 10 things that are bad for you thing...but I''m like Tybee, can''t give up the pot pie, maybe Marie Calendars is not THAT bad?!?! and I am eating the 10oz and not the 16oz so that''s GOOD) and Greg has a full size one so I am tempted to just make those for some comfort food while we snuggle on the couch. I''ll still be within my cal and fat intake regardless of what we eat...so we''ll see what Greg thinks and what he would like to eat and we''ll go from there. I can always have chicken and rosemary tomorrow!!

Welcome back OV...you said you''d check in daily, I''m going to hold you to it! hehe. Tybee, red wine is not that bad for you, just don''t drink the whole bottle and you''ll be FINE. yay Heather for someone asking if you lost weight, that''s the best. I have to say though I feel so weird when people ask me that. I kind of blush and stammer...not sure what to say really. Like why yes thanks for noticing? hehe. Instead I just say oh yeah maybe a little and then they want to know more and I don''t know why but I always feel so silly talking about it. Random.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah - just popping in real quick! Still rooting for you Rod, something wonderful IS out there for you! Well, the floor is sanded, what a rough job that was even with the sanders. I had to get on my hands and knees with some coarse sandpaper on a block of wood to get right in the corners as the sander wouldn''t reach the edge, not fun as the ancient varnish was like caramel and wouldn''t sand off well, my fingers are so sore.
8.gif
It took us most of the day to complete, and the amount of dust created I will be cleaning up for weeks. Anyway, we are now onto the varnishing, second coat going on now. No workouts yesterday and today but maybe back to it tomorrow if my poor aching keister will let me
39.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''ve been doing well with power walking and eating healthy. I did eat a brownie yesterday...it was sooooo good.
emteeth.gif
It was hot out of the oven and calling my name so...yanno...I ate it with a smile. Anyways I''m a few pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight so I''m going to focus on tonning up my body by using the windsor pilates dvd''s. It''s good to hear everyones progress and struggles...it helps keep me motivated.

mrss...i used to do a kickboxing class....you can def. feel the burn.
mara...keep a BAG of healthy snacks around. at my job the junk food was everywhere and i would gain 5 pound just hanging out around it.lol maybe you could share your healthy snacks with your boss.
loelei...fixing your house is a better workout than you know...get on the scale or that tight pair of pants and i''m sure you''ll notice a difference.
tybee...good luck with marathon training.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just checking in. we went this morning for our daily workout. i did 30 minutes on the treadie, doing either 0, 5, 10, 12, or 14 incline. FI ran 2 miles and did some abs and weights. he's soooo happy he's joined asked me this morning why it took him so long. ha, as if i knew.

i noticed that since i have an actually tangible goal (workout every weekday for one month as opposed to just working out indifinitely) that it seems MUCH easier to wake and workout in the mornings. i can't just put it off till tomorrow.

what goals do you all use?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm goals...i think mentally for me i just have a daily goal and a weekly goal. my daily goal is to stay under or around my caloric intake, but eating what i want within that range. and my weekly goal is to work out like 5-6x a week. kind of whatever i do within those goals is flexible...but as long as i keep those in mind, it seems to motivate me. also greg works out pretty regularly as well, aka he is rowing 2x a week now and running 1-2x a week so that also helps keep me motivated as well...knowing that we both are doing what is good for our bodies. plus i think mentally i just feel good after i work out! so knowing that is a huge thing for me...aka i know with a bit of exertion i can reach that kind of mental high after the workout.

this morning i had cream of wheat with brown sugar and a piece of 7 grain toast with a pat of butter, coffee and soy milk. i''m going home for lunch with portia so not sure what i''ll have but it''ll be healthy. maybe some bean and ham soup or a lean cuisine or something.

oh last nite we ended up eating the rosemary chicken and wild rice which was REALLY GOOD from TJ''s! and we had salads. i was afraid that would not be enough for greg so i also cut up a potato into fries and baked them in the oven with garlic and rosemary. it ended up being a little too much i think, but i just had a handful of the ''fries'' with ketchup. i just didn''t feel like eating a heavy CPP last nite. oh and then G and I shared a twix candy bar. hee hee. if we split something like that, each bar is only 120 cals and like 5g of fat. so not bad for a ''treat''.

hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2006 10:15:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Bah - just popping in real quick! Still rooting for you Rod, something wonderful IS out there for you! Well, the floor is sanded, what a rough job that was even with the sanders. I had to get on my hands and knees with some coarse sandpaper on a block of wood to get right in the corners as the sander wouldn''t reach the edge, not fun as the ancient varnish was like caramel and wouldn''t sand off well, my fingers are so sore.
8.gif
It took us most of the day to complete, and the amount of dust created I will be cleaning up for weeks. Anyway, we are now onto the varnishing, second coat going on now. No workouts yesterday and today but maybe back to it tomorrow if my poor aching keister will let me
39.gif
I know you are Lorelei and I truly appreciate it!! I know so many others are wishing me well too and I truly appreciate everyone''s good wishes.

Mara: I''ve thought about your suggestion of getting into something even if for the short term. The problem for me is I''m not a short term person. I believe in long term committments, which is perhaps one of the reasons I''m in the situation I''m currently in. The mortgage opportunity could be good. But, it''s with one of our best friends and I would not want to begin a new career with her unless I was 100% committed to the time and effort she will put into training me. This is why I am taking the time I have to explore all the options available to me and then hopefully, I will be in the right position to move into the right place for me. Anyway, I didn''t want you to think I was ignoring your suggestion. At some point, if I can''t find the right situation, I will just have to commit to something and move on. And, it may require relocation. I was screened by a company I know well this morning. The job would be a good match for my skills, but require a move to Raleigh, NC. It''s nice there, but I''m not sure how we feel about the Carolina''s. We do have friends there, so that would be good. But, it''s more a suburb kind of town and we''re more condo kinds of guys. At least it''s an option.

So.........As I said I would do, After speaking with the company in Raleigh this morning, I went for a nice long run. It was a difficult but fun run as it''s really windy in Tampa today. Running with the wind to one''s back is great. But, running with the wind in your face is harder than I imagined it would be. It took me a lot longer to run back then to run down, but it felt good none-the-less. Only 4 miles though, because I am committed to the gym this afternoon. We''ll call this Rod''s Super Tuesday Fitness Day. I may be unemployed, but I''m going to be the fittest unemployed almost 52 year old man out there!!

I hope everyone''s enjoying a good Tuesday.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
mara - day 2!!! i''m here!

so, i was really good yesterday...soup for lunch, apple for snack, black bean quesadilla on whole grain tortilla w/ lowfat cheese and salsa for dinner. no coffee!!! no soda!!! i only drank water yesterday! this morning i had some choc soymilk and a handful of multi-grain cereal. soup for lunch again. i brought snap peas, a pear, a light n fit yogurt for snack. i went regular grocery shopping last night and got lots of healthy things, but tonight i will make it to tj''s and i will pick up a pizza or two and some soup! i still can''t beleive i haven''t had sbucks since last tuesday! yay! tonight i will have something from tj''s for dinner.

i didn''t work out last night but that''s ok. i was really tired and i had to catch up on some things. i am going to the gym tonight and tomorrow night for sure.

rod, so sorry to hear about the job struggle, keep your chin up! and keep on running!!!

tybee...i''m signing up for a 10K on Thanksgiving. Wish there were a 1/2 marathon avail! Good for you on the running :) oh, and red wine is good for you...everything in moderation right? i''m a wine junkie too!!!

have a fabulous tuesday everyone!!!!

9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay ov ... you go girl. you are doing wonderfully. oh and on starbucks, you know you CAN splurge, but just check out what the calories are for each of those things. i had a pumpkin spice latte, nonfat no whip, tall yesterday and it was 200 cals. but 39g of sugar. but if you get just a basic nonfat tall latte with no syrup its only something like 150 cals and a lot less sugar. so you can still do starbucks.

today for lunch i had a LC pizza...funny how the edges actually crisp on that silver surface in the microwave. it was pretty decent actually (but nowhere near as good as my TJ pizzas!!) and only 300 cals and 6g of fat. for a snack earlier i had a 1/2 a kashi bar and right now i just ate 1/2 a banana. i also have a rice crispy treat in my drawer, since everyone here loves them i checked them out. not bad actually. 90 cals and 2g of fat and only 8g of sugar. so a nice treat for afternoon. then tonite is sushi after my workout. tonite is kbox.

hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

rod...i know what you mean about wanting to committ, i guess i was just trying to give you food for thought...having been kind of where you are and having decided to try something different for a while. mentally though i gave myself a year to try it out and if it did not work i would bail. i think if you were honest about it with your friend and committed to 1 year or something, and they were open to it, it could be an opp. about moving to NC...we considered that too as there is a lot of tech there but i don't know, i had heard negatives as well...since apparently tons of transplants are moving there and it's getting very congested, no fun at all. plus it doesn't seem very 'diverse' and i think that would bother me. anyway just a few tidbits i remember from when i was looking at Raleigh.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........so my afternoon was going on just fine and I was getting ready to head to the gym, when the company in Raleigh called and said there was a flight at 9 am tomorrow morning and wanted to know if I could be on it. So, I''m headed to Raleigh to meet with them. They seem excited about me, but I''m just not sure about Raleigh. And Mara, I agree with your initial assessment. But then I live in Tampa which is non-stop transplants too. I told the company in Raleigh that we are urban dwellers, not suburban fellows and they said downtown Raleigh is undergoing a rennaisance of sorts and lot''s of new condo dwellings are being built. So, if we could live in the city and reverse commute, it might be of interest. Now Charlie isn''t too excited about the prospect. He had really hoped that if we moved it would be to a town where my former, his current company wasn''t. Unfortunately, Raleigh is a larger sight and he could transfer with ease. I don''t think he wants to continue doing what he''s doing, so we''d have to factor in what he might be able to do and could we swing a mortgage on my salary initially. Actually, from what I''ve seen, real estate is much less expensive than Tampa. We could probably buy a condo and pay cash for it. Wouldn''t it be something to just own one''s home outright? Anyway, I''m totally confused at the moment and have a strong suspician I''ll have to make a decision as this company knows me and knows what I''m capable of and it wouldn''t surprise me to have an offer. I guess I''m ahead of myself and shouldn''t really worry until I do have an offer anyway.

Oh and I ran into our trainer and told him about the opportunity in NC., and that''s when he told me our gym was opening three fitness centers in Raleigh and they have asked him to move there to do personal training. Now, we really really love our trainer. He pushes us in ways we never dreamed possible, so wouldn''t it be something if we moved and he was still our trainer? Maybe this was meant to be. Who knows..........

OK...enough rambling about a job. I did go to the gym anyway. I needed it more than ever. I just needed to get lost in the machines and boy did I ever push. And even though I ran 4 miles this morning, I tore up the elliptical. I managed to cover nearly 7 miles in 45 minutes and burn 746 calories. That''s the most ever and I wasn''t even really tired. So, today really was Rod''s Super Tuesday Fitness Day.

I won''t be online most of tomorrow as I''ll be in NC., but will check in later tomorrow night or Thursday. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck tomorrow rod!! actually NC is much cheaper to live...MUCH MUCH cheaper than California..not sure how expensive FL is but part of why we thought of NC for moving was because it''s got the tech but a much lower cost of living, aka your $$ goes much farther. but i dunno, i think i''m just a CA girl at heart. hehee.

worked out tonite...then came home and did 300 jumping jacks alternating with leg lifts and situps every ~70 jacks. then we had sushi...and the order was right this time, yay!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck today Rod - strong good vibes outgoing to you! Keep us posted!

I am going to try to fit in a workout today as I have missed 2 days, I should get a free hour later, I just need to get out there and do something, also to get away from the mess for a bit!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me again, managed an hour workout and I feel better for it, we are trying to smooth over the walls now and tempers are getting frayed...
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results