shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd Oct till 29th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2006 8:06:15 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 10/29/2006 7:29:06 PM
Author: monarch64
Go KimberlyH!!!! 16 miles--you''re awesome! How are your tootsies doing, any blisters yet?
9.gif
Oh my feet are so disgusting right now it''s not even funny! I have strange hard growths, dry, cracked skin and blisters inches wide and long and on and on! I have been pretty hard on my feet over the years, not wearing the proper shoes if any at all, etc. which is actually to my advantage during training as they don''t hurt as much as my teammate''s.

My muscles are sore but I am doing better than I thought I would be after a back to back. One of my teammates is rather overweight and not healthy in general and we''re all a bit concerned about her physical health in regards to the walk and in general of course. The rest of my team is doing pretty well -- we have a complainer, she whines the whole time, wven though she''s in decent shape, which seems so silly as we''re doing something for a great cause and are so lucky to be healthy enough to do this -- but one woman even quit smoking after 30 years to walk, so it''s been great for her in more ways than one!

Anyways, the whole experience has been a ton of fun. I''ll post some pics of the walk in a few weeks.
Well, I''m glad to hear your feet were already in less-than-perfect states, lol! You HAVE to get a pedi a couple weeks after your walk--it will feel like you''re walking on clouds, seriously!

We had a gal on our team who''d lost 164 lbs. over the past 4 years, and she was SO inspiring to all of us. She even scheduled Sunday practice walks and guilted us into walking those days when we didn''t feel like it--she was a real trouper. We were fortunate enough not to have any ''whiners" though...like you, I don''t understand why someone would subject themselves to this type of thing and then complain about it. It''s not like it''s a mandatory thing--you sign up because you want to do it, not so you can bitch about it! I don''t know if this is your first walk or not, but you will meet so many other inspiring people along your route that you won''t even remember her whining...and maybe she will end up in the medic tent complaining of blisters in the first few miles so you won''t have to deal with her the whole way
11.gif
. Shame on me for saying that, but really, it''s not fair to the other team members to have to constantly deal with a complainer. Bleech.

I just received a letter from Avon asking me to sign up for 2007''s walk...I''m not sure if I will do it or not. The experience was so wonderful, but what is holding me back is the thought of possibly being pregnant next spring, raising all that money again and asking the same people for donations again, and the time committment. Every Saturday for 3-4 months seemed like it was consumed with that one goal, which I suppose isn''t all that different from DH''s season tickets to the Bears, lol. I guess if he can commit all that time every Sunday I can commit every Saturday for a few months to a great cause. I''m leaning towards doing it again, I think. And this time I will know exactly what to expect, and how to really prepare for some things I wasn''t quite aware of last time around.

See you all on the new week''s thread!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: One of my walking partners told me a person who weighs 150 (I weigh somewhere between 135-140 depending on the day so I burn less) burns on average 6 calories per minute when walking at about a 3 mile per hour pace, but I just went and looked it up as I didn't intend to share false information and discovered that I actually burned more like 1900 calories (according to this website http://www.primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl) , so she was wrong. Sorry for the misinformation. Yesterday's walk would have burned a lot more than today's though, as it was not at all flat! Thanks for pointing that out to me! I still feel okay splurging a bit because of the large output, but I am not comfortable snacking as my teammates throughout training walks as my teammates do, which is a good thing as I'm not burning as much as I thought and I'd be really bummed if I was overeating.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly, yeah i have noticed that on diff websites, they typically have diff information on what you really burn while walking. i have seen some that say about 100 calories per mile if it's about a 3.5mph pace and others that have said something else. thats what i asked, because i was like woah, everything i have ever seen says about 100 per mile but it also depends on pace, your weight, your stride, incline, etc. this one website i used to check out, fitday, said that for a 1 mile walk in about 15ish minutes that i was burning about 80 calories. so that seemed kind of conservative. that's why i wanted the HRM particularly because during my kbox workouts i am just estimating what i am doing. anyway, yes it's good to know what you are burning so that you can make the right food choices too. 1900 is still really awesome!!

eta: i looked up 3mph (20 min mile) for 135-140 lbs for about 300 minutes, so about 15 miles for the calc and a few diff websites had cal burn from 1100-1700. i think the 1100 is really low, but i don't know if 1900 is the right number either. anyway, just wanted to post this so you can check into it if you want to.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Your post is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results