shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd Oct till 29th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
good morning!

I rested on sunday and monday, partly because of an infection from my recent wisdom teeth removal. Yesterday, no longer looking like half a chipmunk, I did my advanced pilates workout. It''s amazing what a little muscle recuperation can do. I managed to do almost every movement (even this awfully tricky one called the teaser) with decent control. I definately feel it in my arms, legs and abs -- especially the next day.

eating has been decent, largely because it''s also been somewhat limited by my oral complications. made some eggplant, fresh mozz. and whole wheat pasta last night and the night before was chicken curry. yum.

tonight, i have to head out of town briefly to finally become a proper lawyer. I passed the NY bar in the summer of ''05, but never was properly sworn in because my current job doesn''t require it and quite frankly i didn''t want to pay the money. now, my current position is winding down and i need to be licensed. This requires an unwanted trip to albany. Hopefully, I''ll be able to make some smart and healthy travel food choices...always tough.

Rod, congratulations on the in-person interview. I went to undergrad in durham and then worked in a cell bio lab for a couple of years before figuring out that bench work wasn''t for me. while i worked in the lab, i lived in chapel hill. i absolutely love NC. There are the obvious benefits of much lower housing costs, but if you are an outdoor enthusiast as i am, the state is just gorgeous. I went running in the duke forest (cross country trails) all the time! You have the blue ridge mountains which are amazing anytime of the year and the coastline is wonderful. Beaufort, wilmington, the outerbanks are fatastic places to enjoy the ocean. As far as diversity, because of all the universities, hospitals and other industries that are centered in the area, you are going to find all kinds of people from all sorts of backgrounds. For the south, it''s a very liberal part of the country, though of the 3 (raleigh, durham, chapel hill) raleigh is likely to be the most conservative. I''ve heard that apex/cary are liberal.

I contemplated staying/returning there, but now, the work i''m doing is largely centered in DC...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu, when i looked up the stats online 2 years ago they were primarily almost split down the middle on white and black. ''other'' was something like 5%. so that gave me the impression that the place is not really all that diverse. though i don''t recall if they were stats on the research triangle area or for all of NC so maybe the RT is more of a microcosm.

hey lorelei yay for working out!! can i just say that my arms are still sore from the workout i gave them on sunday? and then of course kbox was last nite so i worked them out again in a different way, more shoulders, but man!! i''m glad today is just a gym workout where i am walking, i will skip the arm machines today and just do them again on friday. that should be enough recoup time so they don''t fall off.
40.gif

i definitely have gotten to the point of my workouts where if i don''t work out or like i skip a day as i did on monday, i can feel it inside my muscles or something. yesterday i was kind of sore and achy even though i had not even worked out on monday. it was like i need the workout to kind of reset everything. addicted much?!?!? also lately my neck has been really stiff and sore...i don''t know if it''s these new back exercises i am doing but i thought that was supposed to help prevent the neck and upper shoulder stiffness, not make it worse. maybe more stretching?! my neck is kind of my problem area, it always is sore or stiff or something and massage therapists are always saying i must be really stressed since my neck is a solid knot. but i''m not ''stressed''...i think i just have bad posture or something! anyway i am hoping doing these back exercises will help that. and i guess more stretching.

i also did succumb yesterday to TWO rice crispie treats. after reading they were only 90c with 2.5g of fat and 8g of sugar i thought well it''s better than a latte. haha. but really i can''t be eating 2 a day even if i am still under or within calorie intake, they just don''t go with my mental picture of health. haha. so maybe one.
2.gif
and i had a banana which we do have at work, bananas and apples every week. so at least there are some healthy things around too. and my boss has eaten a few of my luna bars and similar. gotta stock up the freezer with LC''s and we''ll be good to go.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Mara: I''m not certain about the statistics, I was just speaking from personal experience. However, I was involved in research science at a large university which tends to be rather diverse naturally - in my lab there were people of asian, arab, african american and european backgrounds represented. if you are a person that gravitates towards having/wanting a mixture of cultures in your friends you can definately do it.

yum. rice crispy treats

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Saturday I went to the Neb-Texas game with my dad. The stadium is a mile from our apartment, so I met my dad and we walked to the stadium from my apt, about 30 mins roundtrip. Then, J and I went to a movie downtown, another 30 min roundtrip, for a total of 1 hour of walking on Saturday. Yesterday I went to a PiYo (Yolates?) class. I didn''t quite make my goal of getting my weight below 150, but it was exactly 150 this morning. Not too surprising considering I went to a Tastefully Simple food-tasting party and my sister''s Pampered Chef party on Sunday and snacked my heart out!

My goal is to lose a pound this week, work out 2 more times this week, stop with the chocolate (not TTOTM anymore, so no excuses!), and keep my veggie and fruit intake up.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone,
I have worked out once this week on Monday. Planned to do my 2nd day today but I don''t think it will happen. I seemed to have injured myself somehow. Monday I felt fine, same workout on the elliptical as I''ve done many other days. Tuesday I wake up and am fine but by the time I leave the house, my hip/upper leg area hurts when I walk. By the time I got home last night, it hurt worse, hurt bad to sit down in the car. Today, hurts even worse. Every time I take a step, it hurts! Not sure what to do and what in the world could''ve caused this injury. I was going to go to the gym tonight but I don''t see how I can make it. I also really need to go b/c went out for a pre-bday dinner (since my bday is this week) and had a wonderful dessert called "molten chocolate cake." It was great but I''m sure was sooooo bad for me. I really wanted to burn a few of those calories off so my week isn''t a total loss, or at least I don''t gain any weight. I''m also going out Saturday night for dinner to an Italian place and then again Monday night to a place w/fantastic desserts. So I really, really, really need my workouts this week.
So not sure what to do now. Anyone ever experience anything like this? It''s sort of in the area where the leg meets the hip, that joint, only on the left side. OW!
7.gif

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

Dixie, sorry to hear about your hip pain
8.gif
My husband gets the same thing after he runs. have you tried applying heat/cold and taking an anti-inflammatory? If it''s still hurting you in a few days I would give the Dr. a ring...

As for me, I was so good yesterday. I had a tj''s veggie pizza for dinner and it was sooooooooooo fabulous! Then I went and worked it off at the gym - 55 minutes on the treadmill, a few leg exercises, and a few crunches. Today I''ve been good so far. A banana for breakfast, and an LC roast veg pizza for lunch. I know, a lot of pizza but it''s comfort food! I am armed with plenty of healthy snacks here at the office. Tonight I will have soup and salad for dinner, then go workout again. Day 3 and this isn''t so bad
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday!

Today I did 50 min on the elliptical and then free weights. It felt great to be back on my favorite machine, last week was just a mess of sorts, between school and workers at the house building a patio and I got way off track aside from my long walk/hike on Sat.

Tybee: Thanks for being my cheerleader! I am actually loving being back in school but a bit apprehensive about subbing because of all the nightmare stories I hear about kids walking all over subs.

Dixie: I'm so sorry you're hurting, that's no fun. Are you stretching before and after exercise? That could loosen you up a bit and help the muscles.

Here's the link to the eggplant recipe from Cooking Light. It's a great recipe for two people. My very Italian husband really enjoyed it, which is saying a lot because he is so dang picky about Italian food, especially when it's "healthy" God forbid!

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1036282

ETA: Dixie: There are two local restaurants (San Diego) that serve molten chocolate lava cake. One in La Jolla called Nine Ten and another at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and they are both TO DIE FOR. I could skip dinner and eat double dessert it is so darn good. So I totally understand falling off the good eatin' wagon for it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol OV i am addicted to the pizzas too, especially the TJ ones. we are having them for dinner tomorrow night with salads. today for breakfast i had my blend of fiber/flax cereal with some fun cereal and then a banana for snack at work. then i went to a store with a coworker for lunch and we stopped at BK and we each got veggie burgers with no mayo. this is my other new coworker who is on my team and she''s pretty healthy like me...hehee. so the veggie burger with no mayo was kinda interesting, i''ve never had a veggie burger before but it was seasoned really well though it was kind of interesting like i think they use water chestnuts in it? hehe. that is what it tastes like anyway, my coworker agreed. anyway the BK veggie burger with no mayo was 310 cals and 5g of fat. so not bad at all. even with water chestnuts. hehe. so i plan on having a rice crispie treat late this afternoon and then am going to the gym at 5pm to do my treadmill workout. hopefully will go 600 cals again. dinner is mushroom raviolis from TJ''s and a salad for each of us.

it''s my birthday on friday so we have dinner plans on friday and saturday so far...so definitely a foodgasm is going to be going on. but it will be a good one, and i am sticking with my daily workouts the rest of this week so i will be in great shape for a foodgasm. hahaa.

dixie, i agree on the stretching, just keep stretching that area and hopefully it will fix itself soon. also maybe some heat on the leg would help too as long as it''s not swollen.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Big change in the weather here in the Boston area...40-50''s and windy. Fall season is here. Winter is near.

I DON''T LIKE IT
8.gif

I''m jealous of you guys in FL and CA.

Oh well....I''ll just KEEP ON TRACKin.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........Long day to say the least. I got up before the sun and went to the airport. My flight to NC., was bumpy but on time. Then they picked me up at the airport and we went to lunch. They are genuinely nice people. It''s a family owned and run business. They''re a diversity owned business which really helps in the staffing arena. I was interviewed by the President, COO and VP of Sales for about 3 hours. Then I met the HR VP and some of the recruiting team for another 2 ours. Then it was time to head back to the airport. During the day, it became pretty obvious that I am the person they are looking for. I''m not sure what the title would be, but I would be responsible for building and managing the recruiting organization, which is my strenght to begin with. Culturally, it''s not a big corporate type of environment and everyone I met commented how it was more like being a member of the family. Having just been burned by a publicly held bigger corporate environment, I kind of appreciate the difference. So, when the VP of Sales was driving me to the airport he wanted to know when Charlie and I (they actually know Charlie from my former company and have worked with him and like him and now they know he''s my partner, which they seem fine with) were coming up for a house hunting trip?? I said they didn''t offer me the opportunity for a house hunting trip and he leans over and says, they will, you''ve got the job, you''re the one we want.

So........now, we''ll have to make a decision. Charlie doesn''t seem too excited about the prospect of Raleigh. He''s been complaining about the heat and humidity in Florida and saying he misses the change of seasons, but when push comes to shove, he''s just as rooted here as I am. And it''s now just fabulously beautiful here in Florida this time of year. While I was flying home, he went for a long run just outside our door on Bayshore Boulevard and had a great run. So, of course I was met with "I don''t know if I can give this up" when I got home. Plus, he''d really like to be able to leave the company who so nicely dumped me, but they have this large office in Raleigh and he could do his job from anywhere, so the salary would come in handy, but..............Agggggghhhhhhhhhh............

So, major league confused here. The opportunity is likely a really good one for me. While they didn''t discuss money, they had asked my minimum yesterday when we spoke and it would be a lot of money in NC, so we''d be able to live nicely. We also discussed how we''d have to live in downtown Raleigh where this resurgence of people are moving into new highrises and it''s supposed to be nice and urban with shops, coffee houses, restaurants and art galleries, etc. But, we''ve loved living in Florida. We live in such a beautiful condo right on the bay. And after 12 years, it''s going to be hard to give this up. So, like I said, major league confused here...........

I just need a really good nights sleep. I think I need a little help and will be taking a few make me drousy pills now............And with that he said "good night Gracie......."

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/24/2006 9:08:39 PM
Author: Rod
Hey........so my afternoon was going on just fine and I was getting ready to head to the gym, when the company in Raleigh called and said there was a flight at 9 am tomorrow morning and wanted to know if I could be on it. So, I''m headed to Raleigh to meet with them. They seem excited about me, but I''m just not sure about Raleigh. And Mara, I agree with your initial assessment. But then I live in Tampa which is non-stop transplants too. I told the company in Raleigh that we are urban dwellers, not suburban fellows and they said downtown Raleigh is undergoing a rennaisance of sorts and lot''s of new condo dwellings are being built. So, if we could live in the city and reverse commute, it might be of interest. Now Charlie isn''t too excited about the prospect. He had really hoped that if we moved it would be to a town where my former, his current company wasn''t. Unfortunately, Raleigh is a larger sight and he could transfer with ease. I don''t think he wants to continue doing what he''s doing, so we''d have to factor in what he might be able to do and could we swing a mortgage on my salary initially. Actually, from what I''ve seen, real estate is much less expensive than Tampa. We could probably buy a condo and pay cash for it. Wouldn''t it be something to just own one''s home outright? Anyway, I''m totally confused at the moment and have a strong suspician I''ll have to make a decision as this company knows me and knows what I''m capable of and it wouldn''t surprise me to have an offer. I guess I''m ahead of myself and shouldn''t really worry until I do have an offer anyway.

Oh and I ran into our trainer and told him about the opportunity in NC., and that''s when he told me our gym was opening three fitness centers in Raleigh and they have asked him to move there to do personal training. Now, we really really love our trainer. He pushes us in ways we never dreamed possible, so wouldn''t it be something if we moved and he was still our trainer? Maybe this was meant to be. Who knows..........

OK...enough rambling about a job. I did go to the gym anyway. I needed it more than ever. I just needed to get lost in the machines and boy did I ever push. And even though I ran 4 miles this morning, I tore up the elliptical. I managed to cover nearly 7 miles in 45 minutes and burn 746 calories. That''s the most ever and I wasn''t even really tired. So, today really was Rod''s Super Tuesday Fitness Day.

I won''t be online most of tomorrow as I''ll be in NC., but will check in later tomorrow night or Thursday. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.
Good luck Rod! Great folks in NC! Might be a nice move for you guys.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod,

Congratulations on being courted, first off. And now for the tough part, I hope you and Charlie come to a decision that leaves you both feeling at peace and content. Moving is hard, even when you don''t love where you''re moving from (I did so for different reasons than you, and it was complicated to say the least and I''m a pretty flexible gal). Thinking of both of you lots! I know you''ll make the best choice for you as a couple.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all...first time checking in this week...I''ve been bad about working out, but have been keeping track of calories, so I''m still on the wagon, so to speak. Tonight I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 10 incline and burned about 225 calories, and I really felt it in my butt, thighs, and calves. I almost like doing just a straight-up, incline at the same height better than the "hill" program where you go up and down. I don''t know if it''s better one way or the other or not, but (the machine said) I burned more calories tonight than when I''ve done a 40 minute hill program. We''ll see if I''m sore tomorrow, that''s usually a telltale sign for me that I''ve done some good.

After my workout I met with my gym''s book club--they get together once a month--this was the first time I''ve attended and there were only 4 of us!
6.gif
Still, it was a fun discussion and kept me from sitting at home watching t.v. tonight. We discussed "The Memory Keeper''s Daughter" by Kim Edwards, in case anyone''s interested, lol. I belong to a women''s only gym that tries to build a sense of community among members by offering activities like this, and it''s nice. It definitely makes me want to get to the gym more and helps me connect with other women, which is what I need to stay motivated sometimes.

On veggie burgers: I am a vegetarian as some of you know, and I have had the BK veggie burger. I really don''t care for it, but I DO love Morningstar''s spicy black bean veggie burgers! They really are good, and good for you. You can just pop them in the microwave and eat them without a bun, even. Or you can add some sliced avocado or guacomole (homemade, without sour cream), and salsa served with rice or a tortilla wrap sort of thing--there are a lot of options. I first tasted them because a co-worker of mine who is diabetic keeps them in the freezer at work; I asked her what she was making that smelled so great one day and she gave me a taste and I fell in love.
9.gif
So Mara, try them and if you like them there is another item you could add to your freezer stash at your new place of employment.

Has anyone gone back to bagged spinach, or even frozen yet? I used to eat a ton of spinach before the big e-coli scare, and now I''m apprehensive, but I sorely miss it. I see it in the produce and frozen sections at the store now and want to buy it, but I''m still bugged by the whole situation. I guess I''ll try some and let you know if I start to feel ill, lol.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jeff and Kimberly. I do appreciate the fact that this company is courting me. They''re the ones who found out I was laid off and called me to get this going. They''re really nice people and I know I could be good for them. So that makes it a little easier. Since they are evidently going to offer us a house hunting trip, that will go a long way to helping us determine if we can find the lifestyle that''s important to us. Oh well, I''m pretty lucky if this is one of the hardest decisions I will have to make in my lifetime.

Thanks again...........It''s so nice to have my PS friends to help me!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey Rod...well tough call but it''s so fabulous that they want you!!! i have to say that if some company called greg in NC and offered him what he was making here we''d probably drop everything, sell the house and run! haha. one of the biggest things here for me is my friends and family...but if we didn''t have family here then i think we''d be a lot more open to moving esp to somewhere where the $$ goes a lot farther. plus haha this sounds funny but i view someplace like FL and NC as almost the same in terms of weather. here in CA it''s dry so it''d be hard to move to humid but going from really humid to a little less humid (well humid in the summer but not so bad at other times) seems like it''d be easier right? and you don''t have to STAY in NC forever...but maybe it''d be fun to have a move and a new challenge and have you guys make a go of it til retirement there or something which is what, 10 years? then you could always move back to FL or move somewhere else! anyway i''d give it serious thought as an option and take the house hunting trip to get charlie over there and then you guys could see what you think. we are actually thinking of going on a house hunting trip in early spring to austin, tx with a few friends who live here who come from TX and love austin and they know we are kind of thinking of moving there maybe. they wanted to show us around...so we figured why not go for a weekend! so we''ll see. but a trip over there for sure makes you really think about it and the more you know of course. and there are so many cool new places in NC that they are building!! i''m not really a condo person...we have a townhouse now and we love how it''s like a house but with less maintenance but since we might start a family soon we are thinking of moving. but there is a ton of new building going on in NC. i love looking at the houses online, so much space for so little $$.

so went to the gym this afternoon and plugged away on the treadmill...i ran out of time and had to leave to go pick up portia from my grandma''s house, but i burned 580 cals and walked 3.5m on a 10-12 incline..averaged about 11 most of the way. my heart rate stays lower longer than it used to...guess that means i''m in better shape. so pretty happy about the workout. dinner was a serving of mushroom raviolis, a salad with bleu cheese vinaigrette and cranberries and some spanish rice that grandma made for us...hehe. LOVE her spanish rice. so yummy.

i also found that the Marie''s brand of vinaigrette''s at the store actually has a bunch of pretty healthy-ish dressings. i got the raspberry vinaigrette (something like 50 cals for 2 tbls and 4g of fat); the balsamic vinaigrette (something like 70 cals for 2 tbls and 6g of fat); and the bleu cheese vinaigrette (120 cals for 2 tbls and 7?g of fat). so i bought all three...haha. i need some new dressings for my salad obsession. we have been having a salad almost every night for the last 2 weeks and they taste so good!! i''m just craving that crisp salad taste. i guess in leiu of the fruit i havent been eating as much of lately...going into fall and winter.

hope everyone had a great evening!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Rod that is SUPERB news!!!!! I know the next part is hard for you though....What to do...I think go on that househunting recce and scope out the area. I can imagine Charlie is a bit leery at the news, but I am sure he will adjust with a little time at the prospect of moving, plus he can transfer with his job. Plus as well the COL would be lower there than in Florida, so as you say you could both live nicely, which is a very important thing! I know you will make the right decision for both of you and Charlie will too, change is always scary, but some great things might come out of a move to NC. As you say it is an up and coming area, from a Brit girl who is a rural dweller, it might be nice to be a part of that, interesting and diverse mix of people, things to do and see etc.

But with all my drivelling CONGRATULATIONS on this great offer!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Everyone is doing great! Mara it sounds like you had a good and lasting session with the arms! I will try to fit in another workout today, but it is a big push to try to get a degree of finish so we can move back into the bedroom, sleeping in the lounge ''aint no fun with multitudes of
emcat.gif
emcat.gif
emcat.gif
bouncing up and down on you at 3am! Also you have got me into the LC and I can get the one with the chicken and peanut sauce and wholemeal spaghetti here which is really good! They make good little meals which are fast and reasonably filling.

Dixie - I have had pain like that and it was a trapped nerve originating from my back - I have back problems. Be careful with the workouts, move carefully and try to keep moving if you can but go EASY. I am not saying that is what is wrong, only that I have experienced pain like that before. Mine got very bad, that I couldn''t even get out of a chair without squealing in agony. Mild OTC painkillers might help, but if it doesn''t ease off in a few days or gets worse, see the doc ASAP. I would stop the workouts for a day or 2 to see if it improves, often it can be odd things that trigger it such as the way you are sleeping, moving or standing differently etc. Take care of yourself.

If it helps Jeff, the weather has changed here too - dark evenings, wet cold and miserable!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara and Lorelei.........And Lorelei you hit the nail on the head. Change is scary. If anything I''m super resentful of my ex employer for putting me in this position, but life must move on. We will absolutely take the house hunting trip and seriously see if we can find the kind of lifestyle we want. And Mara, I guess from a climate standpoint, I can see how you could say Raleigh and Tampa are somewhat equal, but oh, they are so so different. I was once in Raleigh on business and got stuck in a hotel room for 5 days without clothes to change into (I was only supposed to be there one night) after a very unusual 25 inch snowstorm. That was in 1999 and it hasn''t snowed like that there since, but it can get cold and they can have real winter weather. That''s something I don''t particularly like about the north, but since I''m from the north, I''d adjust pretty quickly. And you''re also right that retirement ''should'' come in the next 10 years or so, so we could certainly live in the Carolina''s for a decade and move back to Sunshine at retirement time.

Mara, Austin is terrific. We both really like Austin a lot. But, it will be radically different from California. Since you and Greg want to start a family, you could get so much more house outside of California. Since Greg''s a techie, he should be able to get a job anywhere.

Anyway, today it''s back to my routine. Since I don''t have an official offer, I''m still in job hunt mode. Then lunch. Coffee at Starbucks and 2 - 3 hours at the gym this afternoon. It''s a good thing I had Rod''s Super Tuesday Fitness Day, since I couldn''t work out at all yesterday.

Hope everyone''s having a great Thursday........

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

Well, I''m sticking with my 3x a week routine at the gym and it''s paying off.

I''m increasing my weights slightly almost every time and it''s not a really difficult transition.

I''ve achieved the "guilt" factor....if I don''t make it to the gym..I feel guilty
1.gif

KEEP ON TRACKin.

P.S. Rod....I''ve lived in MA, FL, OHIO, NH and back to MA (where I''m from originally).
I like the 3 out of 4 seasons here but hate the long winters and darkness at 5 pm.
There''s no perfect place to live but I''ll take the heat
10.gif
11.gif
anyday over the cold winters!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2006 10:01:36 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Hi everyone,

Well, I''m sticking with my 3x a week routine at the gym and it''s paying off.

I''m increasing my weights slightly almost every time and it''s not a really difficult transition.

I''ve achieved the ''guilt'' factor....if I don''t make it to the gym..I feel guilty
1.gif

KEEP ON TRACKin.

P.S. Rod....I''ve lived in MA, FL, OHIO, NH and back to MA (where I''m from originally).
I like the 3 out of 4 seasons here but hate the long winters and darkness at 5 pm.
There''s no perfect place to live but I''ll take the heat
10.gif
11.gif
anyday over the cold winters!
Good going Jeff sticking with your workout schedule and increasing the weights while you''re at it.

I''m not a winter person and have grown fond of the warmth in Florida. But, if I can''t find a suitable job here, I won''t have much choice other than moving. At least Raleigh is considerably warmer than MA., and it rarely snows there. I was surprised to note that the leaves are just changing there. I''m guessing they have pretty much fallen off the tree''s in your neck of the woods.

Anyway, good job and keep it up. And you''re right. You know you''re committed when you feel guilty for not working out.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey All,

Nothing new to report on the job front. The bosses are all out of town with the new company, so I don''t expect to hear anything until mid next week.

I worked out really hard this afternoon. Perhaps to make up for the fact that I didn''t work out yesterday which I usually do. Friday''s are usually a day of rest, but since I didn''t work out yesterday, I''ve decided to run nearly 6 miles tomorrow morning. Of course we''ll have our usual Friday night Sushi followed by Starbucks under the oak tree.

Hope everyone had a good Thursday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Rod,
Thread jacking here to wish you good luck, I hear great things about Raleigh. I wish you and Charlie the best in what ever you decide!! It sounds like they really want you and Charlie would be able to work from there no prob. Hard decision, but go house hunting on them and see if it''s a fit for you guys... Ok back to your regularly scheduled work outs, guys and gals. FWIW, Hubby and I adore the TJ''s veggie pizza''s!! bye!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa,

I was actually disappointed the Philly opportunity went away. I was hoping to meet you if we moved there. We would actually prefer a larger more diverse city. But, we''ve been looking at stats for condo''s in downtown Raleigh all evening, and there are a few possibilities. One in particular is the penthouse in a really cool urban, brand new building. Again, thanks for your kind thoughts. Your friend, Rod

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, best of luck to you again with your decision! I think the Carolinas are just beautiful...I''ve spent more time along the coasts than inland, but there is so much history there in those states and I love the stately old elegance of the historic south some of those cities have to offer. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of my favorite books/movies... anyway, I''m glad to hear things are at least moving along for you!

Tonight I came home from work and couch potatoed for a bit, then I got off my butt and went to the gym for an hour. I did 30 minutes on an 8-10 incline on the treaddy, then used some of the machines to work my arms and back. I keep noticing at work sitting at my desk all day that my lower back and even my neck start to feel sore by mid-afternoon, so I thought it was high time I got back on a regular program of working out those muscles. Tonight''s workout also had a lot to do with my eating two mini Kit-Kat''s from the Halloween candy stash...[:devil: I''m glad I worked those calories off, because I''ve eaten really well this week and although I didn''t feel guilty for having a treat, I didn''t want it to interfere with my goals. I''ve been known to get real complacent this time of year when it''s time to start wearing sweaters and coats and basically clothing that covers up anything I''m not real fond of, but this fall I''m not giving in! I would rather January not roll around with me going "OMG, I think I broke the scale!" LOL

Dixie, I hope your hip is feeling better. It really sucks to be on track and then BOOM, an injury rears its ugly head. Let us know how you''re doing...

Everyone else sounds like they''re doing great! Good job!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay monnie for going to workout...and having a great eating week!!

i worked out tonite at kbox..felt like i got a good workout.

breakfast was flax/fiber and mango cereal with soy milk and coffee, then i had a nonfat tall pumpkin spice latte (with 1 less syrup pump since it's too sweet otherwise), and 1/2 a kashi bar. lunch was a chicken marsala LC and the rest of the spanish rice from last nite. then i was going to have a rice crispie treat but my boss had NERDS candies that she brought for us, haha i love those things! so i had like 3/4 of the stupid box. i just love sweet childhood candy. had 1/2 a luna bar before working out then TJ's pizza and salad for dinner. the funny thing is i'm still within my calorie range for today even though it seems like i ate a lot. hehee.

i forgot to report on the scale the other day at the gym, wed...that i had lost 2 more lbs so i was at 141. kinda funny since the scale hasn't moved in the last 3 weeks so was surprised to see 2 lbs lost..even though i am not trying to lose anymore. just keeping up with my workouts and trying to still eat pretty healthy even though the office environment is trying to sabotage me!! esp since they do lunch in on fridays where they order for the whole office and they do things like footlong burritos and last week they had something called bazookas or something really fatty and gross sounding. and tomorrow are those weird rolled sandwich things from safeway, with ham and cheese and stuff and at least a big platter of fruit, so i will eat the fruit and then a LC or something. but man! food galore going on.

monarch, i know what you mean about the whole hiding in winter clothes thing. the funniest thing is that now that i am thinner, i actually really like wearing some of the more fitted winter sweaters and stuff because they show how fit i am. i find that they don't add 'bulk' if they are fitted properly and i am in the right kind of shape if that makes sense. i used to be like 'gosh this sweater makes me look outta shape!'....well uhhh it wasn't the sweater! haha.
5.gif

Curls

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, Rod!

Happy Birthday, Mara!

Grrr...Haven''t had the best week.

I''ve been doing great with my work outs, but with eating...I''ve been bad. Not too bad, but I''m just disappointed in myself. Monday I went out to a Thai restaurant because a fellow coworker was leaving so I feel justified for that one. But the next day, I was talked into eating Mexican. I didn''t eat any chips and I skipped the beans and sour cream, but I still shouldn''t have gone. It really was just that I''m getting really fed up with my job and wanted to escape on my lunch hour and get my mind off work. I''ve got to find another outlet other than eating out with friends. Now tonight, we''re suppose to go out to eat with my boyfriend''s family. Chinese...not sure what I''ll eat there. But I''m doing my research online to prepare so I can make the best decision, and then only eat half of it because the portions are huge. I haven''t been eating nearly enough fruits and veggies either. To try to make up for all of this eating out, I''m spending extra time on the bike. That''s something positive at least.

Also, other good news, my job is changing back to its orignial working hours so I don''t have to stay late every day and will have way more time in the evenings. Working late may be part of the cause of my problems this week, I''ve been exhausted lately so it''s hard to make the right the decisions. It''s also made me very irritable and just generally unhappy, and it''s difficult to stay motivated when you''re feeling like that. So next week should be worlds better.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t worked out as much as I wanted to this week due to social obligations every night this week, but today is my Friday off and since I didn''t have a good enough excuse not to do anything, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No time today as STILL decorating, but I will try to get in an hour tomorrow
12.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Workout Friday!

I spent 1 hour on the elliptical and burned 515 calories, WOOT! That''s the longest I''ve spent on my elliptical in a long time and I feel great.

We skipped dinner last night. My MIL lives in a board and care and one of the women who lives there turned 95 yesterday so I brought over a cake to help celebrate. The staff ended up making us dinner too, but they eat at 3:30, I had just had lunch so I picked at it but John ate all of his and we went to a concert last night (Jimmy Buffett put on another fantastic show in San Diego) so in total yesterday I had: oatmeal, hot tea, ham sandwhich on rye, a few bites of pork and an egg noodle dish and a beer at the show.

Mara: Enjoy your foodfilled weekend! That''s part of the joy of working out, splurging on occasion is totally acceptable!

dixe: I have another idea about the pain you are in. I have extremely loose joints, my hips fall out of the sockets and i have to have someone pull on my legs to get them back in, or I lay on the floor flat on my back and rotate my hips by rolling my legs in circles until they go back into place. I have the same issue with my right shoulder due to a car accident.

Rod: still wishing you tons of luck as you go through the decision making process.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Dear Mara, Happy Birthday To You!!!!

Hope you and Greg do something very special to celebrate!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, y''all motivated me to bump up the incline on the treadmill, so last night I bumped it up to 10, and YAY, I burned off 200+ calories -- for me, that''s a big deal! I walked for 30 minutes, and had I not been *starving* (it was almost 8 pm and hadn''t had dinner yet) could''ve done more, so that makes me feel excited for next time to see how many calories I can burn then!

So thanks, guys! This thread is great (even though I''ve never contributed before, I check it daily to get some motivation and tips!)
1.gif

By the way, Monarch, what did you think of the Memory Keeper''s Daughter? I thought it was interesting (obviously well researched about Down''s Syndrome), but I didn''t love it for some reason. I also recently read Before You Know Kindness (read them both on the honeymoon, so I associate the two books now!) and really liked that one
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results