shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd April till 29th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well happy friday all. my stomach feels tighter to me, although i doubt anyone else would notice. the pilates is working on toning without bulking up. that was my problem when i was working out in the gym...i would gain muscle mass fairly quick...my mom is the same way...my arms could look like linda hamilton in the terminator movies if i worked them out...lol...i like when i look lean without the muscle bulk. anyways my weight has been fluctuating between 118.0 and 121.4 on any given day. its a struggle to maintain without gaining too much. in my mind i think i can splurge because i''ve reached or am at around my goal, but then the weight seems to creep up fast...i don''t want to overindulge just because i feel i can because i''m under a pound or 2, but i''m finding it hard to stay in the healthy eating frame of mind because i''ve reached my target. i''ve been eating well, but snacking too much. last night i made pillsbury cookies---i ate 4--not too bad, but now they are sitting on my counter--LOOKING AT ME!!!!!
23.gif
i know i can snack in moderation, but lately it just seems that everywhere i go there are desserts or snacks that are calling my name.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha NYC welcome to my world, woman!! for me everyday is a little struggle about what i can eat vs what i should eat. i have a massive sweet tooth in general and so now that i CAN indulge in things sometimes, it's hard for me to find the balance. lately i have just been like you know what, i will have good days and bad days. some days the scale will look good, other times not. sometimes i will be bloated looking, other times not. i may not always be able to maintain this exact weight i was at. i still looked darn good at 3-4 lbs heavier too. so i am trying to be more zen about things and just keep working out, staying active, eating right 90% of the time and forgiving myself. like last nite i really didn't need that It's It and little devil Greg knew I love them but i went for it, and i also had 2 mini cheese cake bites (we have like 3 left) and i was like oh i didn't need those either, darn. but before that i had a really light calorie day, so i figured what the heck. and i did 375 jumping jacks before bed as well as my regular daily walks yesterday.
5.gif
so i figure it all kind of evens out in the end. some days or weeks i find it easier to eat just the right things and other days or weeks i want all the wrong things, hehee. some days i really crave fruit and fresh stuff and others i just want chocolate! i also am still reminding myself that moderation is key. i can have indian food once every few weeks and it probably won't matter, but 2x a week would add up.

my hope is that over time this will all just become flat out routine and i won't need to think about it as much at all. i have also backed down from counting cals 'as i go' all day long and rather just kind of stay within areas i know that i am okay with and if i want a splurge, then i add up what i have done for the day and decide. the more 'automated' i can make the right choices, i think the better i will be long term.

anyway tonite we are going to this awesome vietnamese fusion restaurant with some friends, they have mostly pretty healthy kind of items there and we usually get things like steamed crab wontons in this coconut lemongrass soup, crab garlic noodles, shrimp spring rolls, roti/bread, steamed lemongrass seabass, jumbo chili prawns, coconut rice, etc. the gal we are going with in the couple is veggie so it makes it easy to get mostly seafood and veggie items. their desserts are phenom too, so i am sure i'll have one of those or we'll share. it should be fun, i have been looking fwd to it!

so this morning i had another lighter breakfast of fiber one, strawberries and blueberries, cinnamon and ff milk, and coffee. i'll have a toast for snack with ls jam before lunch. then a TJ burrito again, with a small TJ side salad. i have to walk to WF to get more fage and then that will be a snack, and who knows what else. trying to keep it a little lighter so i can splurge tonite. today is a gym day too, a light one...so i'll do that after work.

hope everyone has a great day lined up! it's friday, wheee!
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Everyone!!

It''s a quiet morning here. It''s supposed to be fairly warm this afternoon (mid to upper 80''s) but I still plan on running 6 miles. It''s when it get''s into the mid and upper 90''s that I''ll have change the time of day I run outside. I''ve been running at about the hottest time of the day (between 3 and 5), so I''ll have to either run in the early morning hours, or much later when the sun is setting. But, those kinds of temps are several weeks away, so I don''t have to alter my schedule just yet.

NYC, your weight will fluctuate daily anywhere from 1 to as many as 3 pounds. That''s pretty normal. Sounds like having reached your target weight, you''re doing quite well!!

Kit Kats there Lorelei??? This after a entire bag of candy (Baby Ruth''s as I recall) last week, eh?? You don''t want to negate the great effects of your 45 minutes on the elliptical now do you?? Well of course not, so put that Kit Kat down and the urge will pass. LOL

Mara, it always sounds like such a nice evening when you and Greg walk downtown for dinner and then stroll home with some treat. I''m not sure how you could give up that kind of urban lifestyle you''ve got going there??

I hope everyone''s planning nice and healthy weekends. I''ll likely check in again later this evening after our Sushi dinner followed by coffee and scones at Starbucks. Yummmmm!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
its so hard to resist the snack temptation now that i''ve surpassed my goal weight. before i felt more motivated and had the thought that i didn''t NEED that cookie or chocolate or whatever the treat may be. but now i feel like ah what the hell 1 little cookie won''t kill me---but you know how it is...1 turns into 4 and before you know it i''ve eaten a ream of oreos or whatever the goody may be.
20.gif
i don''t want to get too comfortable just saying this 1 little ____ won''t kill me, because thats how the weight comes back. i need that motivation to just have the will power to have 1 and not overindulge myself. i want to stop that frame of thinking before its too late.
hey rod..i know its normal to have weight fluctuations, but i''m trying to avoid the frame of mind that will bring on the pounds. i have a sweet tooth--ok, ok a sweet row of teeth
9.gif
and thats always been--my mom has it too. but i''ve never worried about it before because i never had a weight problem...before i got pregnant i weighed between 128-132, now i weigh between 118-121. i don''t have one now either, but i want to be healthier. i feel better now that i''ve changed my eating habits. i eat a lot of veggies and fruits , as well as grilled or baked meats. i used to eat a lot of junk food and processed stuff--think mac and cheese, canned stuff, mc d''s(supersize me scarred me for life in a good way
1.gif
)--and skip breakfast or just grab a piece of cake or whatever. i am trying not to slip into the old habits that i''ve tried so hard to get rid of.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah rod i know, now that we are finally getting more into the urban lifestyle, it is hard to think about moving out. also i don't know if i have said this before (i think i have) but we are getting a whole foods like literally 2 blocks from our townhouse and it opens in 2008...it will be so awesome to have that close to us and i think it will raise our property values even more. so it makes it more desirable to just stay where we are at for another year or two and see where that puts us. we are not in any rush to do anything honestly, and like we were saying last nite, we are excited about this trip (which encompasses a week and a half of which raleigh is only 3 days, the rest is traveling around the east coast visiting family and friends) and the raleigh portion if for no other reason than just to see what is going on down there and experience something different from what we have here. we are looking fwd to eating in some new places, driving around and checking out a new area, and trying to imagine if maybe we could see ourselves there. it doesn't have to be in a year, maybe it's 'okay maybe in 3-4 years'. who knows.
2.gif

nyc...haha it sounds like when i read your post i am reading my own brain waves, seriously. i have a hard time with 'just 1' vs '4' as well. but it's so funny, doesn't it seem like some days it's EASY to just have one? and then other days it is like a NEED to have 4? sometimes my friends are like wow your willpower is so strong (aka the days i have none or just one) and inside i always think 'you should have seen me last week when i ate 4 desserts!' or something. it really is so random at times. that is why i am also trying to be better about not beating myself up about things. in life, every day can be a challenge and you make it what you want to make it. eating right and working out is really important to me right now, but sometimes life won't always be this easy for me to watch what i eat and work out all the time. if we have kids i might gain some weight, if i have an injury i might gain some weight, but the important thing for me to know inside is that 'i CAN get it off'...because i did it once and can do it again if i have to. and obviously a few lbs off is way easier than like 20, but i remind myself that everyone i know said they never would have called me chubby or overweight before, i used to get tons of compliments on how i looked and all that. but for me i wanted to see what i could do with my body. and now i know what it, and i, am capable of. and i plan to keep it up as long as i can but if i slip a bit or something happens and i can't be as diligent, i have to be okay with that too. i do not want the thought of 'staying thin' or not eating sweets to consume me. i have to live life and enjoy myself as well, we only have one!!
5.gif
so i figure as long as i can stay 'active' consistently then it will balance out. i also remind myself that a year ago i was working out 3x a week and eating pretty well but still splurging fairly often and i was 'maintaining'. i had to really cut back to lose the weight. but now i am maintaining again. so i should not be as hard on myself. it's just so hard to give up those 'no you can't have it' habits and re-learn 'okay just a bit'. hehee.

as long as my jeans continue to fit i am a happy camper!! oh and i want to start doing pilates at home too, i got a new DVD a few weeks ago and just have to find the time to try it out. maybe on a weekend day i can add one session in and slowly ramp up a bit.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say I tried the WW lemon cakes with lemon icing.....yum yum YUM!!! The only shocker was how small they are. DANG. Couldn''t they find a way to make 80 cals be a little bigger?! LOL!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 12:05:53 PM
Author: Mara
yeah rod i know, now that we are finally getting more into the urban lifestyle, it is hard to think about moving out. also i don''t know if i have said this before (i think i have) but we are getting a whole foods like literally 2 blocks from our townhouse and it opens in 2008...it will be so awesome to have that close to us and i think it will raise our property values even more. so it makes it more desirable to just stay where we are at for another year or two and see where that puts us. we are not in any rush to do anything honestly, and like we were saying last nite, we are excited about this trip (which encompasses a week and a half of which raleigh is only 3 days, the rest is traveling around the east coast visiting family and friends) and the raleigh portion if for no other reason than just to see what is going on down there and experience something different from what we have here. we are looking fwd to eating in some new places, driving around and checking out a new area, and trying to imagine if maybe we could see ourselves there. it doesn''t have to be in a year, maybe it''s ''okay maybe in 3-4 years''. who knows.
2.gif

nyc...haha it sounds like when i read your post i am reading my own brain waves, seriously. i have a hard time with ''just 1'' vs ''4'' as well. but it''s so funny, doesn''t it seem like some days it''s EASY to just have one? and then other days it is like a NEED to have 4? sometimes my friends are like wow your willpower is so strong (aka the days i have none or just one) and inside i always think ''you should have seen me last week when i ate 4 desserts!'' or something. it really is so random at times. that is why i am also trying to be better about not beating myself up about things. in life, every day can be a challenge and you make it what you want to make it. eating right and working out is really important to me right now, but sometimes life won''t always be this easy for me to watch what i eat and work out all the time. if we have kids i might gain some weight, if i have an injury i might gain some weight, but the important thing for me to know inside is that ''i CAN get it off''...because i did it once and can do it again if i have to. and obviously a few lbs off is way easier than like 20, but i remind myself that everyone i know said they never would have called me chubby or overweight before, i used to get tons of compliments on how i looked and all that. but for me i wanted to see what i could do with my body. and now i know what it, and i, am capable of. and i plan to keep it up as long as i can but if i slip a bit or something happens and i can''t be as diligent, i have to be okay with that too. i do not want the thought of ''staying thin'' or not eating sweets to consume me. i have to live life and enjoy myself as well, we only have one!!
5.gif
so i figure as long as i can stay ''active'' consistently then it will balance out. i also remind myself that a year ago i was working out 3x a week and eating pretty well but still splurging fairly often and i was ''maintaining''. i had to really cut back to lose the weight. but now i am maintaining again. so i should not be as hard on myself. it''s just so hard to give up those ''no you can''t have it'' habits and re-learn ''okay just a bit''. hehee.

as long as my jeans continue to fit i am a happy camper!! oh and i want to start doing pilates at home too, i got a new DVD a few weeks ago and just have to find the time to try it out. maybe on a weekend day i can add one session in and slowly ramp up a bit.
what you wrote is so true, but its hard to not be hard on yourself. anyways i really love the pilates dvds. they seem pretty easy at first and then the next day you feel as though you spent hours in the gym. i''ve tried all the workouts--almost all and the yoga was to slow for me and the bootcamp ones were just too intense and bulked me up. the pilates are great for toning and making you look lean.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!! Im thrilled as our best friends are getting married tomorrow and I bought this killer dress two sizes too small a couple of months ago and it fits perfectly now. Roll on the next stone
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I''m back from my run. I got pretty worn out this time. The temperature hit near 90 and the wind was in the 20 - 30 mile/hour range on the bay as a cool front is coming through. The good news is it will be a cooler and less humid weekend, but just before a front sails through, it can be pretty muggy. And IT WAS. But, I managed to run just over 5 miles. I had hoped to hit 6 miles, but this is the first time I''ve run when it was this warm and it sapped me just a bit. I''ll either adjust to running when it''s warm, or adjust the time of day I run. I won''t stop running just because it''s getting hotter this time of year. Still, I enjoyed myself a lot and I probably sweated about 5 pounds off in the process. LOL

Charlie''s on his way to pick me up in the convertible and we''re going for Sushi, then coffee and a scone at Starbucks. I hope you''re all having a great Friday afternoon and evening.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I agree with the others who have said you always make Tampa sound so wonderful, and you''re descriptions are accurate b/c I''ve been there and love it too, but I love hearing you describe it daily. I was is LA last weekend and it rained and was cold while I was there and it was 75 and sunny at home. Now today it''s only mid 60''s and cold here. the non spring like weather seems to be following me. anyway, the rain managed to stay away so I skipped the gym and took zoe for an extra long walk. it was so nice to be outside. I had lunch with friends and we''re heading to the mall for dinner and shopping. tennessee has a tax free weekend on clothes, school supplies and computers this weekend so I figure with a 9.5% sales tax might as well take advantage and do some summer shopping. should be fun.

i hope everyone has a great weekend..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 6:57:14 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Bee and Charger -- congrats! You are doing SOOO well!!!

I was too depressed to post today because after my great workout last night I had the worst chest discomfort yet starting at about 3:00 this morning. The doc is sending me in for the radioactive dye CT scan, and I''m on work out ban again until we get some results back.
So sorry to hear this DJ - just keep your chin up. They''ll get this figured out. *hugs*

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never looked in on the WWT before now, you all have such a good thing going! What a smart way to stay motivated. Well, you all know that already, but I just wanted to give you kudos for working hard and keeping each other on task
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, double post!
6.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday Evening All!

It was a great day, and I''ve worked out a schedule with the teacher that wanted me to sub, I''m all set to sub 3 days a week until the end of the year.

Food wise it was a good day. We''re going out for Chinese food tonight, should be fun.

Not much else going on in my world. Tomorrow and Sunday will be exercise days. When I sub in special education I am so physically active I''m counting that as my 30 minutes on my days off. We run, do obstacle course, etc. right along side the boys along with physically moving them, chasing them etc. all day. I come home feeling like I''ve spent 3 hours at the gym with Rod! And my arms are getting a workout pushing them on the swings!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 6:54:45 PM
Author: KimberlyH

It was a great day, and I''ve worked out a schedule with the teacher that wanted me to sub, I''m all set to sub 3 days a week until the end of the year.

Food wise it was a good day. We''re going out for Chinese food tonight, should be fun.

Not much else going on in my world. Tomorrow and Sunday will be exercise days. When I sub in special education I am so physically active I''m counting that as my 30 minutes on my days off. We run, do obstacle course, etc. right along side the boys along with physically moving them, chasing them etc. all day. I come home feeling like I''ve spent 3 hours at the gym with Rod! And my arms are getting a workout pushing them on the swings!
Wow Kimberly, that is awesome you are working till the end of the school year! I always smile when I read your posts about the kids; it is so swet and admirable! Yeah for working out like a mad woman with the kiddos! heehee
2.gif

Okay, going for a long walk! It is warm here today 80 degrees. I am feeding my sisters dog because she is gone; he is so cute (golden retriver). I loved him up and played with him and fed him. He is such a sweet dog and so well behaved!!! I loved it!
9.gif

Tonight we are having chicken italian sausage, yum! TGIF!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy friday all. i am leaving work in about an hour to hit up the gym. i have been snacking on jelly beans today. at least they are fat free. i also got in two walks today so far, a 1.5m one and then about a .5m jaunt this afternoon. later tonite we are walking to the train then to dinner so it should be about a mile in total. at the gym i plan to do about 40 minutes elliptical, nothing huge, just a maintenance workout. anyhow hope all had a great day and are looking fwd to a fun weekend!! enjoy this evening!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 7:12:57 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 4/27/2007 6:54:45 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Wow Kimberly, that is awesome you are working till the end of the school year! I always smile when I read your posts about the kids; it is so swet and admirable! Yeah for working out like a mad woman with the kiddos! heehee
2.gif

Okay, going for a long walk! It is warm here today 80 degrees. I am feeding my sisters dog because she is gone; he is so cute (golden retriver). I loved him up and played with him and fed him. He is such a sweet dog and so well behaved!!! I loved it!
9.gif

Tonight we are having chicken italian sausage, yum! TGIF!
35.gif
The kids aren''t always so cute...I got kicked twice and had my foot stepped on by a boy who was angry that I wanted him to work he wanted to sit in the rocking chair. As I''ve mentioned, they''re all autistic, and this little boy doesn''t speak at all. He knows some sign language but otherwise his only means of communicating is to be physically aggressive. My heart breaks for him...he is the most beautiful child and has an amazing sense of humor (he loves to tease) and I just wish he could express his needs verbally.

SOunds like you had a great day, Skippy...keep up the good work!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrssalvo........I have to admit that we love love love being home again in Tampa. I''ve always loved it here and while I thought I could be ok with living in the Carolina''s, I just couldn''t do it (of course having a job I hated helped end NC for me). But even Charlie was commenting tonight how absolutely wonderful it is being home. Of course we were in his brand new SLK 350 Covertible driving along Bayshore Boulevard on a picture perfect evening while he was saying this. HA HA! But, for us, Tampa is a wonderful place. I hope I''m not sounding like a broken record when I go on and on about how wonderful it is for us being home. So shut me down if I am, OK Ladies!

So, I heard from the company I interviewed with Tuesday morning. They''re interested and feel I''m the most qualified candidate they''ve seen yet, but they are concerned about money and haven''t figured out whether they can afford to pay me enough. We''re supposed to speak next week, but it is comforting to hear they liked me and think I have a great background. THere are two other companies interested in me and that''s encourging too!!

Tonight, I saw a new BMW 335 Hard Top Convertible. Oh......My.......God, I''m in love. I would get another SLK to match Charlie''s, but he says we have to have a 4 seater, so there it is. A 4 seater BMW Hard Top Convertible. I went online and priced one with the options I would want and it''s not too bad. Of course being completely unemployed, I should be considering getting a new car, right???
11.gif
10.gif
9.gif
. But how can we live in paradise and only Charlie have fun with the top down. So, I built the car online and sent the request to a dealer to see if anyone contacts me. We''ll see. Maybe if it''s not too much, we could do it. You only live once and I''ve actually never had a BMW before, as we''re Mercedes guys, but it would be pretty fun to have a 2 series Hard Top Covertible. Woo Hoo. We''ll see.

Anyway, it''s a gorgeous evening and we''re heading to the hot tub. The sun is just now setting and the sky is this perfect crimson and orange and blue and oh the colors are just splendiferous! I hope your all having a wonderful Friday night too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

Today when I kept trying to call and schedule my appointment for the CT scan the phone would just ring and ring. I confirmed the number with the doctor, but this doesn't really inspire confidence in me given that these people are going to poke needles into me and put in inside highly sophisticated equipment...

One the food front, I went out to lunch to one of my favorite Italian places today and as much as I wanted the pasta I had a salad with grilled salmon on top. And tonight the HH made one of the casseroles that he made once before out of that crazy cookbook. It was good, but chok full of cals!

Kimberly, when I think about the work that you do I am frankly embarrased by the lack of true importance in the things that I try to accomplish in life. Thank god for people like you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:03:24 PM
Happy Friday all!

Today when I kept trying to call and schedule my appointment for the CT scan the phone would just ring and ring. I confirmed the number with the doctor, but this doesn''t really inspire confidence in me given that these people are going to poke needles into me and put in inside highly sophisticated equipment...

One the food front, I went out to lunch to one of my favorite Italian places today and as much as I wanted the pasta I had a salad with grilled salmon on top. And tonight the HH made one of the casseroles that he made once before out of that crazy cookbook. It was good, but chok full of cals!

Kimberly, when I think about the work that you do I am frankly embarrased by the lack of true importance in the things that I try to accomplish in life. Thank god for people like you!

Ditto here!!! I feel she is such a blessing.
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2007 11:26:58 PM

Happy Friday all!

Today when I kept trying to call and schedule my appointment for the CT scan the phone would just ring and ring. I confirmed the number with the doctor, but this doesn't really inspire confidence in me given that these people are going to poke needles into me and put in inside highly sophisticated equipment...

12.gif
Thritto thritto thritto, she certainly is!!!

PS - I am glad your old avatar is back FG, I missed it.

PPS - Hang in there Dee.

PPPS- I think you should get the car Rod, you deserve it after the past few months you have had!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 4:42:37 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/27/2007 11:26:58 PM

Happy Friday all!

Today when I kept trying to call and schedule my appointment for the CT scan the phone would just ring and ring. I confirmed the number with the doctor, but this doesn''t really inspire confidence in me given that these people are going to poke needles into me and put in inside highly sophisticated equipment...

12.gif
Thritto thritto thritto, she certainly is!!!

PS - I am glad your old avatar is back FG, I missed it.

PPS - Hang in there Dee.

PPPS- I think you should get the car Rod, you deserve it after the past few months you have had!
Wow, what a way to start my morning! DeeJay, Skippy and Lorelei you are to sweet!
9.gif
12.gif
There are definitely perks to teaching, summers off, not having to pay social security, etc. Even as a sub, this is the most fun I''ve had at a job since I worked in a hospital labratory. I love the pace of the day, and the excitement.

DeeJay, that''s abosolutely ridiculous. You and I are only a few years apart and I so admire all you have accomplished and all you do, I can''t touch your success with a 10 foot pole. A COO (I believe I have the letter combo correct?) and a real estate agent plus a loving wife and clearly a devoted friend to those who are lucky enough to know you. I think you do more than your fair share. I worked as an office assistant and HR assistant for 7 years before I journeyed back to school to earn my credential. Career wise those years were a complete waste. I performed a lot of truly meaningless tasks (getting my boss water, taking pictures of his musical instruments to sell on eBay, and on and on and on) and had no idea how to become upwardly mobile, marketing myself is not my strong suite, that''s for sure. I''m so thankful that John encouraged me to go back to school and do something different. I told him last night that this experience in special education has spurred me to consider earning a special ed. credential also. I need to finish out this credential program first and then I may try to tack a second credential on. I never thought I''d love being in a sp.ed. room but it is truly an amazing experience. Anyways, how are you feeling?

Rod, I love hearing your enthusiasm about being in Tampa, it spurs me to look around and enjoy my surroundings even more. We''re going to the Annual Spring Art Walk and Festival in Little Italy (near downtown) tomorrow and I''m so looking forward to it as at some point in the near future it will be really close to home. We''re also going to check out a few more open houses. Point being, please keep talking about how great Tampa is! And I hope you get the car!

So today is an exercise day, woo hoo! I''m looking forward to getting on my lil'' elliptical. I think we''re going to hang out close to home today and relax.

Chinese food was YUMMY! We started with pot stickers, shared plum tree beef and garlic chicken with veggies and then came home and watched Law and Order. It was a nice Friday night.

Hope everyone is having a terrific Saturday morning.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i love living vicariously through rod's car adventures...!! i am probably going to get a new car this year but i really have no interest in spending a lot on cars that look pretty and go fast so it's going to be something probably pretty practical and maybe a little fun. i'd much rather buy new clothes than a car, lol, which is why my car is so darn old!! so i always love reading or seeing other friends new cars hehe.

so last nite we took the train into downtown palo alto and walked about 1/2 mile up the main street to meet our friends for dinner. we had a wonderful time and i ate way too much coconut rice! haha. we all shared mushroom rolls (3 types of mushrooms in a fried egg roll kind of outside); roti with various sauces; the crab wonton coconut soup; crab garlic noodles; this amazing cubed filet beef entree which came with a big bunch of arugula and tomatoes as well; roasted lemongrass seabass that came with a cold soba noodle and mango salad; and then a seafood bouillabaise which came with scallops, prawns, mussels and a filet of red snapper roasted with noodles in a curry-ish sauce. then shared a cup of coconut rice, and also had 'empress rice' which is a mix of leeks, garlic, spices and sticky rice and then they break an overeasy egg into it and mix it all in. it's really good!! it's funny because doing the family sharing style you always are unsure how much to order and if its enough but by the end we were all pretty full and i finished off most of the coconut rice after i noticed it was being neglected lol. of course 20 minutes later the rice had expanded making me feel SUPER full. we had another hour and a half or so before catching our train, so we said goodbye to our friends and walked over to the big indoor/outdoor cafe on the street and got some lattes and a slice of brownie cheesecake and hung out people watching for a while. the brownie cheesecake was not really my choice but greg liked it and since he hardly shares with me i'd be easygoing hehee. they had an amazing looking fruit tart which i LOVE....but i was pretty torn as they also had a lemon blueberry cheesecake. but the brownie cheesecake was good (it had big brownie chunks in the cheesecake which is what intrigued greg) and it hit the spot. after that i was REALLY full, so we walked around for the rest of the time before going to catch our train. we actually walked for about 45 miuntes i think. by this time it was like midnight so there were lots of interesting people on the street coming out from dinner and clubs and stuff so it was kinda fun to just jaunt around and also stay active after dinner.

by the time we got home we were REALLY tired as we don't stay out that late anymore (got to bed at 2am!)...and slept in til almost 10am this morning. i wanted to get my walk in this morning before the bridal shower but i just don't see me being that active right now, hahaa and i still have to go to the store to get my friend's gift on the way. so i will do the walk later today, also it's actually already warm outside, today it's supposed to be like 88 and the air yesterday was WARM outside which is kind of rare here, and last nite was warm too which is even more rare!! so today is really supposed to be a FAB day and evening, so we are planning to do something tonite where we go and walk around and eat outside and enjoy the weather. so doing the walk later will work out okay i think. greg was like 'well we walked around for like 45 minutes last nite, doesn't that count towards your walk today? it's within the same 24 hours' haha...nice try honey. but yeah my legs are actually pretty darn sore today!!

so on a workout front, yesterday i walked 1.5 miles then another .5m and then after work hit up the gym and did 440 cals on the elliptical then decided to do some arms...my arms are really sculpted right now and i love the look so i want to keep it up even though they do get sore in between workouts. i agree rod that sometimes you just push through the soreness and you feel better after!! the lactic acid otherwise probably just sits in there but when you work out i think you push it out or something? so thats why even if i am sore i try not to be sedentary. when my legs are sore, a good walk actually warms them up and makes them feel better. then last nite we did the walk to and from dinner and then the 45 minutes after. so i got a ton of walking in yesterday which i love.

today i plan to do a ~4m walk around the neighborhoods later before we figure out dinner. we might decide to stay local and walk into this other area which is near us, a small cute 'downtown' area of a surrounding city that is actually 2 miles from us. they have some restaurants and wine bars down there. or we could decide to walk into downtown again etc. who knows. too many options, lol. so depending on what we do for dinner and how much walking is involved, i will modify my neighborhood workout.

this morning i have a slight food hangover from last nite's rich food, so breakfast was just a bit of fiber one, a bit of pumpkin granola, sliced strawberries and milk in a parfait dish, with coffee. figure i'll try to eat lighter today, except that i am going to a bridal shower at 1pm so who knows what is going to be there to tempt my palate hehe. hopefully i can just remember how full i felt last nite and sip seltzer water or something haa.

anyway hope everyone had a fab friday night and is enjoying their saturday !!!! it's lovely here, my little garden is all abloom.... and we are going to sit on the patio later and enjoy the sun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Kimberly I love Law and Order. That sounds like my kind of night. heehee Mara, I love reading all your posts about all the yummy food you eat. I almost feel like I am there with you. heehee

Today, I had to get up to feed my sisters sweet dog so I proposed the idea of walking to my sisters house to my husband. Hubby agreed so we walked 4.2 miles. We were starved when we got back so we had to run errands (Costco) and we ate at Golden Pride. Hubby and I had the smoked chicken; super yummy! Then we went to Costco. My favorite places to shop are Costco, Target, Trader Joes and Raley's. My cousin is the store manager at Costco and we saw her and chit chatted for a bit and of course we bought strawberry's and pineapple for the week. I am a huge fresh fruit eater!

Tonight we are having chicken italian sausage from my local Whole Foods with pasta. Tomorrow is our anniversary and I can't wait; 7 years so we will probably do something fun tomorrow, not sure yet.
20.gif

Rod, I told my hubby I want a new SLK and he laughed and said I never see you driving ours. I said well the new ones are really cool! They are cool but I agreed I am being silly. heehehee. You just make it sound so fun
9.gif
I am so jealous of all of you that live by the ocean.
2.gif

Have a delightful Saturday night all
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Afternoon!

We decided to spend the day at the Carlsbad flower fields. It''s 50 acres of rununculas (sp?) of various colors, as you can imagine it''s gorgeous. We had such a pleasant time and got in a ton of walking. Stopped at the outlets afterwards and picked up a few tank tops.

All in all, a wonderful day!

I''m making green chile and chicken casserole tonight, J is making some peas and a salad using veggies we picked up at our favorite road side stand. It should be a yummy dinner. I''ve had no snacks today, so I''m doing great on the food front.

~K

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went for a hike today at will rogers park! Yay, I''m so glad I got out of the house and finally went for a hike. There are so many places to go out here and I never get around to it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the OK to continue talking about how much we're enjoying ourselves and thanks for the thumbs up on getting a new car, even though my current car is quite new and I have absolutely no real reason other than I want a convertible again to get a new car. And Skippy, if you like the newer SLK over the older one (and trust me you would LOVE the new SLK as we've had both), I say go for it. Life's too short and being practical isn't always the right thing. At least with cars and us, it's often never practical. We'd probably be in a position to retire right now, but we've had so many new cars over the years (embarassing amount of new cars LOL) that friends have accused us of being in the "Car of the Month Club" and we would if such a club existed.

So, if anyone's tired of hearing Rod drone on about his perfect little life back in Tampa, just stop reading right now. Today was just too great!

We started our day with coffee and tart cherry scones on the terrace and the cool front had come through, the sky was perfect, there was a nice breeze (but too much because we could read the paper) and there was absolutely no humidity. It was so great, I think I even read the classifieds just so I didn't have to get up and do anything. Then, we did some house things (changed the linens, etc) took showers and went to Panera for a quick bite for lunch then Starbucks for coffee under my favorite tree in the whole world. You ladies must come sit under MY tree, it's the most perfect lighting in the world for making your diamond really sparkle, at least mine comes to life under this tree.

Then we went to the gym and we had fantastic workouts. So far, the day is going nicely, but then the real fun began. We left the gym, put the top down on the SLK and drove over the bridge over Tampa Bay to South St. Petersburg to Fort DeSota State Park. It's such a great park and has the most beautiful beach there. It costs a whole .35 cents to enter the park, and the beach is one of the last natural beaches without any development of any kind. It was breezy and it was about 5 PM with the sun sitting lower in the sky and we walked. We just walked and walked and before we knew it we had walked like about 3 miles up the beach and then we had to walk 3 miles back. And my legs were sore after running nearly 6 miles yesterday and then today's workout coupled with a 6 mile walk and whew, I'm feeling it. But, it was so beautiful. We had just forgotten how wonderful it is to be able to just drive to the beach with the top down and just go for a walk. We're not really sit in the sun and bake our skin into hyde kind of guys, but we do love going to the beach toward the end of the day and watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. Somoeone pinch me, because I think I'm in a dream and I'm going to wake up in the awful apartment in Raleigh and this won't be real.

Then, near the beach is an old Florida Seafood house and I must admit that I didn't have the healthiest of dinners, but it was exactly what I had been craving. I started with a nice shrimp coctail and they only serve natural caught in the Gulf of Mexico (not farm raised) shrimp. That wasn't bad, but my meal was and I enjoyed every single morsel, fried Mahi Mahi, Fried Shrimp and Fried Scallops with French Fries and Cole Slaw.
11.gif
9.gif
For a seafood guy, there's nothing more comforting than a nice fried seafood platter. Charlie was much better and had grilled Florida Grouper and steamed vegetables, but sometimes you just have to give into your cravings and I was SO craving fried seafood. Yummm Yummmm Yummmm.

To top off our fun day, we drove home (top down of course) and stoped off at Starbucks for a cup of coffee and people watching. Saturday Night - Date Night - is so much fun at our Starbucks under the oak tree. It's in what's called the SoHo District (hip and trendy, though we most certainly are not either) and it's just so much fun to watch all the different people who go there.

Anyway, we had such a splendiferous day. I hope when I wake up tomorrow, I'm still in Tampa........
28.gif

Assuming I am, we'll have our usual Sunday of breakfast on the terrace, lunch out, a nice workout, coffee at Starbucks, dinner at home then a nice long walk to either Starbucks or the frozen yogurt shop. Should be a great day. And I hope all my PS friends are having as great a weekend as we are!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe rod it cracks me up how often you guys go to starbucks. i have my coffee in the morning (mostly peets or seattle's best) and then sometimes we get a coffee with dessert or we'll go to a cafe but i really don't drink that much coffee so i end up hardly going to get any (except when i worked for that old evil company, there was one really close and it was worth it to just get out of the office!). normally i love little random coffee houses where you can really people watch...plus the sbucks around here close absurdedly early, like 9pm so often times if we want coffee it's because we are out and it's like 10 or something and so mostly only the more independent places are open. anyway sounds like you guys had a fab day, what a great idea to drive out and go walking on the beach...we are talking about going to SF tomorrow to this really cool HUGE used music store...we haven't been in a long time and greg is jonesing for new music. it's right near golden gate park which is huge, and he always wants to go walk in it but previously i was not into walking when we used to go, and now i am! so i am going to be like 'sure let's walk' and walk his little socks off. hehe. but yeah we should do more walking on the beach for sure.

anyway had a great day today...the bridal shower was a lot of fun, for lunch we had lasagna, fresh fruit salad, regular green salad, TJ breadsticks and then cake was a wonderful super light and airy white cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. i had a few slices.
3.gif
then came home and when greg was finished washing his car, we went out for a walk. today was about 88 degrees with really warm air, so we went out with P for about a mile then dropped her off and went off on our own for about 2.5 more miles. then came home, changed and freshened up and caught a train into menlo park, another small town with a super cute downtown area. we went to dinner at this french brasserie type place we have not been to in a while. i was not that hungry because the lunch and cake kept me full all day...but when confronted by a fabulous menu suddenly i found my appetite!! we shared a mussels appetizer and then i got a roasted lobster with veggie and rice pilaf in a wonderful light sauce, greg got a seafood bouillabaise, and then we both got pommes frites accidentally, we meant to order just one and somehow ended up with two orders. i just ate about 1/2 of mine as they were a little too well done/crispy for my taste. and their bread was just divine, so we definitely ate our share of that with spread butter.

we forwent dessert at the restaurant, and walked up to that specialty market where i got mango butter last week, and got 2 more jars, so now i can have one at home and one at work, yee haw. i'm so in love with this stuff. then walked back down to near the train station and got dessert and coffee at this fab place we sometimes go to for amazing gourmet salads/soups/sandwiches and it's also a cafe where you can people watch. they have the best desserts and all types of coffee drinks you can't find elsewhere. it's near Stanford so there is always a lot of really interesting things going on, tonite it was bunches of college students in clusters...all giggling and talking, it makes us feel so old! greg got a double espresso, i got a sugar free nonfat vanilla latte and we split a wonderful piece of chocolate layer cake. then caught the train back home and now it's getting ready for bed time.

so overall a really nice day...i wanted us to take full advantage of the super warm air and sun as tomorrow it's supposed to cool down a bit to about 75 and then slowly get cooler til we get some rain on thursday supposedly. tomorrow i am making us meyer lemon pecan pancakes from this mix i got last week at the specialty market and then i'm going for a 4m trail walk...and hitting up TJ's and the regular grocery store to get some shopping done for the upcoming week. then we plan to drive into SF, do the music store and the walking in the park thing and then we will either get dinner on haight ashbury where the music store is...or we might drive over to the wharf and do seafood over there somewhere. greg loves all those little places on the wharf so we'll see. oh and rod i hear ya on getting the fish and chips kinda thing sometimes, i love that stuff.

this weekend is turning out to be a massive food-gasm few days, but i am enjoying every minute of it...come monday we'll be back on the regular track and i am getting a ton of walking in so hopefully there won't be any lasting damage, haha. hope everyone had a wonderful day and is ready to have a great sunday!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, you really are an inspiration on how to * just enjoy the moment,* for people like me that is a great lesson, so please, don't stop your wonderful descriptions of your life, they are so enjoyable. Mara is great at this too. I need to learn to be more zen about things and live in the moment.

I have got a few good workouts in the past week. I have lost weight but it is from the shock and grief, my jeans are now really hanging off me, I will have to get some new ones as I also have serious Sag Butt which is not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results