shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd April till 29th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week alll.

Everyone is doing so well and you all deserve a shout out for the great things you are all doing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

One thing I have found this past week or so is that when things are so bloody, exercise is there for you and even if you feel exhausted, doing a less intense workout is still a good thing and can make you feel a little better. As many of you know I haven''t been sleeping, but hopefully that will improve now, and I have been feeling quite weak and tired as a result, but I have forced myself to get out there and even if it is just a gentle 20 minute walk on the treadmill, it is still better than nothing. So even if you have to ease up a bit due to life issues, just try and do something if you can physically, and it will normally make you feel a little better for a while. It also gives you something to focus on for yourself, even though it is the last thing you might feel like doing, it can help you stay into a routine when life gets too tough and that in turn is something positive to hold on to.

Keep up the great work everyone
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning WWTers!

Lorelei: I am so glad that you are able to find a bit of solace in exercise. You continue to be in my thoughts. John asked how you were doing last night.

So it''s back to routine today. I''ll be working out this morning and we''re back to counting calories. We had a great dinner last night, steak, brocolli and green salad.

Spent the day wandering around checking out open houses to see what our options are here in good ol'' San Diego. We''re both feeling encouraged by what we saw, especially since it''s early in the year for houses to start going on the market. We shall see where we go from here.

Have a wonderful day all. Be back later.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well the weather was gorgeous yesterday and instead of exercising outside, i went to a barbecue and ate like a pig.
20.gif
anyways today i''m going to do pilates and go for a really long walk, even though i''m exhausted. my son was up 2x last night and then woke up at 6a.m. he''s been sleeping through the night, but last night he was congested and didn''t sleep so well.
14.gif
. hopefully he''ll sleep tonight. anyways i''m making grilled chicken with veggies on spinach wraps for dinner...delish! i think i might have rice cakes with pb&j for lunch. they are really yummy. i''m having pineapple for a quick afternoon snack and possibbly some strawberries with cool whip for a snack while watching tv tonight.
9.gif
. hope everyone is well this morning!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please give your sweet John my thanks Kim and to you of course! So glad to hear that you are getting some good vibes from finding a house etc, it will all fall into place as it is meant to.

NYC, don't worry about the pig out, I ate a whole bag of fun size Baby Ruths over this weekend
emembarrassed.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
lol...a whole bag......i''ve done it before...baby ruths are gooood!!! hopefully i''ll be back on track after i workout in an hour. thats the great thing---you can always get back on track after a few days of gorging.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 11:21:54 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
lol...a whole bag......i''ve done it before...baby ruths are gooood!!! hopefully i''ll be back on track after i workout in an hour. thats the great thing---you can always get back on track after a few days of gorging.
yes...a WHOLE bag in more or less one go...
emembarrassed.gif
emsad.gif
I didn''t mean to do it, they just got et all by themselves...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 10:29:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Please give your sweet John my thanks Kim and to you of course! So glad to hear that you are getting some good vibes from finding a house etc, it will all fall into place as it is meant to.

NYC, don''t worry about the pig out, I ate a whole bag of fun size Baby Ruths over this weekend
emembarrassed.gif
I''ll tell him.

You just made me laugh outloud, Lorelei...did you get
emotion-41.gif
from all those Baby Ruths?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.
9.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 11:23:49 AM

emembarrassed.gif
emsad.gif
hahahaaa...i know the feeling...all of the yummy deserts did the same to me at the barbecue yesterday...apple crisp, watermelon ice, cookies, a donut--i turned around and they were already in my tummy...those sneaky desert bas@#!ds.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 12:27:41 PM

Date: 4/23/2007 11:23:49 AM

emembarrassed.gif
emsad.gif
hahahaaa...i know the feeling...all of the yummy deserts did the same to me at the barbecue yesterday...apple crisp, watermelon ice, cookies, a donut--i turned around and they were already in my tummy...those sneaky desert bas@#!ds.
I quite agree...funny it doesn''t happen with veggies...
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning and happy new week WWT''ers! sounds like everyone had a good weekend which is great. wow miss lorelei, a whole bag, that''s impressive, you are my hero! hehe.

so yesterday was a busy day but pretty fun. after my 4m walk i went baby furniture shopping with my neighbor for a few hours and then we hit up Draegers which is this really upscale market out here, more upscale than whole foods and more extensive and large. they carry a lot of regular brands as well as organic and a ton of specialty items you cannot find anywhere else. so it''s pretty fun to show someone the market...and my neighbor had never been in one before since there are only 3 out here. i found more of that brand of gelato i love in a mint with chocolate swirls flavor...and we found a meyer lemon pecan pancake mix that is only 80 cals for the mix then you add an egg, milk and oil (i''d use applesauce or just a tiny bit of oil) so i can''t wait to try that next weekend for us. and i also found this amazing mango butter...it''s not really butter, more just like a condensed jam but it''s AWESOME in Fage!!!!! they had all these different flavors but mango was one i had never really seen before, tried it yesterday with splenda and it was really amazing. i am so excited about having it today in my fage. best thing is that it''s only 25 cals for a tablespoon and it''s not even a ''low sugar'' or anything like that so it''s full flavor for only 25 cals. yum.

got back home and then changed real quick, ate the fage for a snack and then we were off to this small city just north of SF to meet my cousin and his wife and see their new place and then go into SF for dinner. we went to this moroccan place for dinner in the city and it was REALLY good. it was kind of a ''fusion'' type place and the overall feel for me was more mediterranean but the ambiance inside was really nice, dark with lots of flowing cloths and cute little tables. and the food was amazing. first off i got a cocktail which was basically moscato d''asti which i love, but they crushed a bunch of strawberries in it and it made it kind of this super sweet, bubbly strawberry wine that was SOOO tasty. we are going to try to replicate it at home.

we all shared a spread platter which had a few things like hummus and spicy eggplant with flatbread, and a three mushroom blend w/truffle oil blend in phyllo triangles (really tasty), and then we all shared this interesting little pie which i think was called something like bayreeka which was kind of like a chicken pot pie but with phyllo so it was really flakey and it was not creamy, the chicken was very moist and dense and flavorful and it had cinnamon and brown sugar and nutmeg inside the pie. very savory, not creamy but super tasty. greg also got the asparagus soup and i had a taste of that. then for entrees i got the seared sea scallops which came with warmed arugula on top of this yummy diced bed of what seemed to be cucumber, mango, olives and onion in kind of a vinaigrette, really tasty with the scallops and arugula. greg got this couscous blend that came with a bit of lamb sausage, prawns and chicken so it was kind of a sampler, he loved it. oh and my cousin''s wife and i shared a small plate of couscous flavored with chives and almonds.

for dessert i was totally hemming and hawing over what to get as it was left up to me...hahaha. they had multiple things that sounded phenominal on the menu like a cayenne chocolate pudding with toffee, and banana ice cream with real butterscotch sauce and walnut shortbread. then the other table next to us got this amazing little round chocolate cake with bittersweet chocolate sauce poured over it and cocoa nib ice cream on top. so we got the cake which was actually bitter almond choco cake...and the waiter was so sweet, because i was really having a hard time deciding on what to get, he also sent out the banana ice cream which was my 2nd choice. both desserts were AMAZING!!!! and my cousin and i really ate most of them hehe. i don''t think i have had banana ice cream before and it tasted so fresh and not too sweet, really yummy. and the butterscotch sauce had real scotch in it apparently which is why it was so flavorful. the best part was that because most of the portions were pretty small and we shared a bunch of things first, and my dish only came with like 4 scallops, i didn''t feel like i ate too much and felt ''just right'' at the end. but yeah we definitely want to go back to this place again soon, it was so good.

so overall a fabulous fun weekend for us with lots of socializing. we are pretty busy from now until middle of june with events every weekend so it will be tiring yet fun. it seems like come spring everyone starts putting things on the calendar each and every weekend until at least middle of summer!

funny that you guys think i am high energy, i tend to think of myself as kind of lazy overall hehe, but i remember a few years ago i had this coworker who always used to tell me that i was ''always on the go'' and she is like how do you stay so busy and yet be so cheerful and never tired etc. i was like i don''t know? hahaha. i do love being out and about during the summer months for sure, during the winter i think that i tend to want to chill out at home more but in the spring and summer, which here in CA is like 9 months out of the 12, we definitely always seem to have something going on!

so breakfast today was a 100 cal high fiber english muffin with ls marmalade, a slice of center cut bacon, and scrambled egg whites, with coffee. for lunch, yesterday i got a mini baguette at that specialty store and cut it in half, scooped out the insides and brought turkey and sharp white cheddar and sprouts to make a sandwich for lunch. it''s funny, now that i have my food scale, it is really interesting to see how portions are way off. for example, the baguette said the total weight is 3 oz. but it was printed on the bag itself, so it''s assuming that each and every mini baguette is 3 oz. so the servings are 50 cals each, 7 servings. so the total mini baguette is 350. so you think oh wow this whole baguette for 350 that''s great! well i put it on the scale this morning. it''s really 5 oz. so there''s 2 more oz that are not accounted for on the serving. so basically the mini baguette is more like 550 rather than 350. big difference if someone is just relying on the bag that says 3 oz and cuts themselves 1/2 thinking it''s 175 and it''s really more like 275. so the food scale has been really interesting for me to use on things like this and really find out what weights are.

anyhow happy monday morning (lunchtime for east coasters)...!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

Just received clearance from my doctor to work out again -- WOO HOO!!! She said my stress test was perfect; heart rate went up to 193 and no problems whatsoever. In order to rule other things out I'm going to try working out but still take the Prilosec (which I've been on for about 10 days now) and see if the chest pain comes back. If it doesn't come back with working out then we can hopefully conclude that it's some sort of heartburn/reflux problem and deal with it from there (but won't I feel stupid for thinking I'm having a heart attack when all it was was a two month long case of heartburn, LOL!).

Can't go to the gym tonight becuase I have a client inspection at 6:30 but I'm going to walk to and from the property (assuming the rain holds off... ) and also run some errands before hand, so I just mapped it out and the walk will be a bit over 3 miles total so that must count for something.

And all this talk of candy... OK, I have to confess that last night I was digging around for dessert and the HH said, why don't you just have a peanutbutter cup--we have that whole back of candy that I just got from Costco. Um, yes... peanutbutter cup... kit cat... almond joy... perhaps another peanut butter cup... !!! And I had been SO GOOD all day too, only to blow it at the end.
39.gif

Today I was momentarily tempted by those itsy bitsy dark chocolate milky way bars but I put a rubber band on my wrist and every time I even think about having one I'm going to snap myself HARD until I get over the urge. Do you think they make an electric dog training collar in my size? Because I just know that sometimes this rubber band isn't going to be enough of a deterrent!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY - congrats on your physical Dee!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So glad all is well, don't feel silly for having a thorough check up, it was the right thing to do.

As for the candy also, PBC's are sounding good to round off all those Baby Ruths...
25.gif

As for choccie deterrants, I was reading a while back that they say vanilla essence sniffed at chocolate craving times dulls the urge, I should try it.

Mara your weekend food sounds delectable...
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy start to a brand new week!!!
35.gif

I had some fage for breakfast and melba toast. Lunch was a boca burger and afternoon snack will be my black bean soup and some fresh pineapple. Not sure what to make for dinner? We have a lot of Trader Joe items in the fridge and freezer.

This evening is step aerobics and my favorite tv shows "how I met your mother, new adventures of old christine and king of queens." I might flip over to see dancing w/the stars too. I usually don't watch tv but i like Monday nights line up.

DeeJay great news! NYSparkles, I just noticed your adorable new little one; he is sure cute!!!! Lorelei, I am so glad you are back
1.gif
Mara, you do need to bottle your energy because I will busy some. hehe
2.gif

Kimberly, I just love house hunting in the spring; there always seems to be more on the market during the warmer months; happy hh!

My feet have been hurting; I have good fairly new shoes but maybe I need to buy a second pair and just alternate w/them. I wonder if I need to stretch my feet????? I feel like this is such a weird question. Oh well; if someone knows the answer please tell me.

Yeah for a great new week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news on being cleared for working out DeeJay. Perhaps the pain is nothing more than indigestion and you''ll have it under control with the Prilosec in no time. When I was fat and eating badly, I had gotten to the point I needed Nexium daily (not a good thing to say the least), but now the thinner healthier Rod needs nothing in the way of heartburn help. Hopefully, your situation is short term too.

A WHOLE BAG OF BABY RUTHS??!! Oh my........
38.gif
11.gif
But sometimes those indulgences can just make life a bit more tolerable eh Lorelei??!! Hope you get more sleep soon and glad you''ve been able to take comfort in exercising.

Nothing exciting to report today so far. I had my teeth cleaned for the first time since leaving Tampa. I really missed my Dentist very much. I applied to a job that was vague and then they called right away to schedule an "appointment." The lady who called was very careful to say appointment not interview. So, when I started asking some questions, it turned out I applied to a carefully worded posting that looks like a job through CareerBuilder, but is really career counseling for a fee. What a ripoff. I told them I wasn''t interested and she was quite huffy about it. Tough.

I will be heading out for at least a 4 mile run in a few minutes. I''m actually hoping to go 5 miles, but I did some weighted walking lunges at the gym yesterday and my legs are already sore. Either the run will help them loosen up, or I''ll be in a bit of pain. I guess we''ll see just how far I can run with sore legs. I have found in the past that pushing sore muscles actually helps.

Tonight we''ll go to our second favorite Sushi place for dinner. It''s so nice to be back in our Sushi rotation here in Tampa. Tomorrow, I have a real job interview, so fingers crossed on that.

I hope everyone''s having a really super Monday!!

NYC, the barbeque instead of the gym sounded like just what you needed after such a long cold winter up there. Fret not for one minute about the indulgence.

Mara, the Moroccan restaurant sounded like a lot of fun. I just love trying new places like that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting a giggle out of everyone getting a kick out of my weekend binge, thats nothing, I can eat a huge 3 scoop BR banana split then eat most of Hubby's in a heartbeat, did I ever mention I have a sweet tooth???

Skippy, thanks for missing me, I need to do something to take my mind off things and where better than the most positive thread on the net?

Also Skippy, depending on where your foot pain is, you might need some special sports shoes which you buy according to whether you supinate or overpronate ( walk on the inside or outside of your feet) - Rod knows about these shoes. Also a while back Mara and I were getting pain across the part where the toes meet the foot, we worked it out it was the incline on the treadmill causing the pain, as it altered the angle of the foot. Hope this helps some.

Rod so glad you are enjoying being home, how have the kits settled back in?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 3:14:47 PM
I am getting a giggle out of everyone getting a kick out of my weekend binge, thats nothing, I can eat a huge 3 scoop BR banana split then eat most of Hubby''s in a heartbeat, did I ever mention I have a sweet tooth???

Skippy, thanks for missing me, I need to do something to take my mind off things and where better than the most positive thread on the net?

Also Skippy, depending on where your foot pain is, you might need some special sports shoes which you buy according to whether you supinate or overpronate ( walk on the inside or outside of your feet) - Rod knows about these shoes. Also a while back Mara and I were getting pain across the part where the toes meet the foot, we worked it out it was the incline on the treadmill causing the pain, as it altered the angle of the foot. Hope this helps some.

It is such a fun and positive thread!!!

Thank you; I will look into that! I have some shoe supports but maybe some foot stretching is in order too. Hey, I bet it is the incline maybe I will do some research. Thanks again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was like an ache that was sharp at times right across where the toes join the foot and it went on for a while, it eventually eased off but it was quite sore. See if it is worse when you use the treadmill incline or afterwards.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 3:14:47 PM
I am getting a giggle out of everyone getting a kick out of my weekend binge, thats nothing, I can eat a huge 3 scoop BR banana split then eat most of Hubby''s in a heartbeat, did I ever mention I have a sweet tooth???

Thanks for asking about Koh and Sakai Lorelei. They are absolutely LOVING life back in their sunny Florida home. We were worried about Sakai not eating, but she immediately felt at home and her appetite is terrific. Koh, who has all sorts of physical problems (she has never been a very healthy cat) is doing better than before we left Tampa. So all around, coming home has been a marvelous thing for us all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats great Rod, I had a feeling the kits would settle quickly, especially as they too were going home to familiar surroundings. I was thinking of them reclaiming their favourite sunny windowsills etc!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, it is that time of year for families to move so the market gets hot when the weather does. We looked at some fanstastic homes. We won''t put our house on the market until May/June so that spring can do its thing and make the yard look pretty (with our help, of course!) and once we get an offer we''ll start really house hunting. We''ve broken it down to three neighborhoods we are interested in here and will browse around over the next few months and go from there. This is a move I can handle, though as it''s within 30 miles of where we currently live.

Lorelei, so glad you got a laugh out of our enjoying your binge. I have an image of you that does not correlate with 2 banana splits...I love the dichotomy!

Rod, I''m so glad all of you are adjusting so well to the move home. That''s awesome!

Had a great workout this morning. 512 calories burned in about 50 minutes. I''m making a CL recipe, spinach ravioli, for dinner. It feels good to be back to normal eating habits.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 3:39:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Skippy, it is that time of year for families to move so the market gets hot when the weather does. We looked at some fanstastic homes. We won''t put our house on the market until May/June so that spring can do its thing and make the yard look pretty (with our help, of course!) and once we get an offer we''ll start really house hunting. We''ve broken it down to three neighborhoods we are interested in here and will browse around over the next few months and go from there. This is a move I can handle, though as it''s within 30 miles of where we currently live.

Lorelei, so glad you got a laugh out of our enjoying your binge. I have an image of you that does not correlate with 2 banana splits...I love the dichotomy!

Rod, I''m so glad all of you are adjusting so well to the move home. That''s awesome!

Had a great workout this morning. 512 calories burned in about 50 minutes. I''m making a CL recipe, spinach ravioli, for dinner. It feels good to be back to normal eating habits.
If we had a little pink pig icon that would be a close enough image of me with my greedy ways!
16.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lorelei, as a fellow sweet toother, i totally hear you re: eating desserts and chocolates. does two desserts ring any bells? hehe. i can eat with the best of them, i just try not to most of the time!!

rod so happy to hear you guys are all settled back into the routine and the kitties are happy too. i hope you find the perfect job for you, just remember to be really picky!!!

congrats DJ on a clean bill of health, just be sure to take care of yourself!! and yay for working out again very soon.

for lunch i had a slice of the baguette hollowed out with thin sliced turkey breast, 3/4 oz of sharp cheddar white cheese, alfalfa sprouts and dijon, sooo yummy!!!! and i also had some canteloupe. i love WF's prepacks of fruit, it's just enough for one or two servings and like $2.50 or similar. i need to go and get some more, maybe i'll walk over tomorrow.

then i went for a 1.5m walk around the complexes and neighborhoods, it's sunny yet cool out so a really lovely day out. there were a ton of people walking around too so it was nice to be out. later this afternoon i will walk over to my parents and pick up portia, then walk back, round trip is 3-3.5m depending on if i detour at all, so that's my real workout!!

for snack this afternoon, i'll have 0% fage with the mango butter (mmm) and splenda, and maybe a chocolate mini egg or two or some PB south beach cookies or something fun.
2.gif
for dinner we have some leftover tandoori shrimp marinating, so i think we might grill those up and then i got a new wild rice mix at draegers yesterday that looked yummy so i might make that and then we'll have strawberry salads most likely to pair.

skippy, you might want to be sure you have the right shoes for the exercises you are doing. also now that i am walking more, i have to stretch my legs, calves, thighs, and even feet more often, i do it all the time or else they get sore sore sore. and put heat on if the muscle is tight etc. hot baths and feet soaks help too. be sure to stretch after walking too when your muscles are nice and warm.
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I worked out all last week like I had committed on here that I would.

Yesterday I taught yoga, this morning I took a cycling class (indoor on a stationary) and I'm feeling pretty good. It's amazing how exercise can change your outlook on your body image. I feel "cute and pregnant" when I workout instead of just big. LOL. (plus I sleep better....last week was the first week I wasn't up half the night tossing & turning).

So....tomorrow is yoga & wednesday is cycle & then thurs & fri are just walking days.

staying accountable helps!

Deejay: Awesome! I was hoping that was it. my dad went thru the same thing, scared us all and thank goodness it was reflux, but we were so happy he checked it out!

Diver

p.s. a little good news from me...just got a call from my perinatal clinic..my amnio came back with a healthy baby on board. (sucks being 'advanced maternal age' sheesh, I'm ONLY 36...I feel like I'm 26)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm back from my run. I ran for a solid hour and did manage to go just over 5 miles, so I'm feeling quite a nice runners high right now!! I don't run really fast, I just run a nice solid pace and since I just started running at the ripe old age of 51 years old, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. And I can't believe how much I enjoy running. I always thought it looked like way too much work to go for a run, but here I am, 52 years old and loving every second that I'm running. Go Figure!! Friday will likely be my next running day and my intention is to hit 6 miles and stay at that lavel for a while.

Now I'm off to meet Charlie for Sushi and a large Sapporo is in my immediate future!! Have a nice evening everyone.

Oh and Mara, I will be SUPER picky about the job this time around. This time I know I'm doing the right things. I'm not anxious about it at all and I'm sleeping like a baby at night too. Funny how it knocks the wind out of you to be laid off from a job you had for 15 years and you weren't expecting to be laid off. But how liberating it can be to quit a job you don't like at all. Both takes away your income, but one you could control and one you couldn't. I'll take the one you can control anyday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Diver/Jeannine: That is fantastic news!!

DeeJay: So glad the MD came back with a clean bill of health!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Diver and DJ, great news for both of you!!!

Saturday was very, very indulgent foodwise (went to afternoon tea and then later had dinner at Red Robin - sometimes you just crave a burger with blue cheese and onion strings!!) but I walked one one-hundredth of it off at the Masterpieces of French Jewelry exhibit - which was absolutely stunning (never seen so many beautiful asschers in one place in my life!)
9.gif
Actually, Sunday I reigned myself in and had a modest, restricted day to make up for it.

I had a Vitalicious brownie on Sunday night and put some ff redi whip and lite hershey''s syrup on it.....which still didn''t mask the wheat taste. I don''t know if I can even get the last 2 brownies in the box eaten. I might give one away to a friend and see if she likes it.
11.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
mara, what''s the brand of the mango butter you got? it sounds yummy, mangos are my favorite fruit.

dj, glad to hear that your heart is ok!

lorelei, lol at the bag of baby ruths, but i''m not one to judge - i''m a total stress eater!

i just got home from the gym - 45 minutes on the elliptical as usual. now i''m off to cook dinner - spicy shrimp and some baguette for dipping in the sauce, plus a salad. still leaves me about 150 calories for dessert/snack later tonight.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Dinner was spinach ravioli made w/ wonton wrappers from a CL recipe. It was actually quite good. I''d like to try the wrappers w/ butternut squash and a light EVOO sauce/dressing. Calories for the day will be about 1300, which is great! I''m trying to balance out my week of indulgence. I found Dreyer''s Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup at the grocery store yesterday...my personal version of heaven. DH was cracking up as I jumped up and down and then put it back because it was 20 calories more per serving then stood and contimplated. He convinced me, without much effort, that it''s worth the extra calories.

Happy evening all!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 2:50:39 PM
Author: Skippy123
My feet have been hurting; I have good fairly new shoes but maybe I need to buy a second pair and just alternate w/them. I wonder if I need to stretch my feet????? I feel like this is such a weird question. Oh well; if someone knows the answer please tell me.
Definitely not a wierd question at all. I, too, used to think that I could just buy any ole gym shoes and they''d be okay. Once my bf started running marathons, he got very informed about working out and all that. Now, he''ll only buy shoes from an actual running store. See if you can find one in your area. I just went to one about 2 wks ago, and they literally watch you walk. They see how your feet move and where you put pressure on your feet. Then, the guy just said, ok, I''ll be back in a second, and he just went to the back and brought up 4 pairs of shoes for me to try on. SO wierd, not at all like the mall where you tell them which color shoes you like... lol. But, these shoes fit better than any pair of gym shoes I''ve ever owned! I''d highly recommend going to an actual running store to make sure you''ve got the proper support for your feet. Good shoes also help protect your knees, ankles, all kinds of stuff, so they''re probably the most important piece of workout equipment you could own. Oh, the other thing I wasn''t prepared for... they cost $90-$100!! More than I''ve EVER spent on a pair of shoes! I used to spend ~$50 on gym shoes, but it''s SO worth it.

Went to the gym today for Pilates. Wierd food day today, but I was still in the calorie range. But, I had like 3 bowls of cereal - for breakfast, lunch and dinner... Lots of walking this weekend - there''s SO many trails here in Raleigh, it''s great!

AmberGretchen- How are your teeth feeling? I mentioned on last week''s thread that you might want to try pudding and jello, but not sure if you saw it... Also, cottage cheese would probably be pretty easy to eat too. Then, when you can chew a little, you can always go with canned fruit, like peaches.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results