shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd April till 29th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, we jumped around (did step aerobics) tonight to "IT's Raining Men!" That song made me laugh
9.gif

It was killer! This step class is on Wed and Thurs and it is extremely choreographed. When I first started the class a few years ago I was going in the wrong directions but would stay till the end. It was funny tonight to be able to keep up and see people leave because it was too complicated. It made me happy to see some people who were having a hard time stick it out through the whole thing! Those are the ones that will come back and down well. heehee.

Mara, I pat my pizza and other greasy stuff. I heard that you eliminate about 10 grams (that might not be right but I remember it was some carzy amount) of fat from one slice of pizza!! So pat away!!!

Whooo hoooo for getting a good work out in DeeJay! Yeah, MrsS, Rod, Becky, AG, NYC, KimberlyH!!!

Kimberly you do good work; it makes me happy that there are wonderful people like you teaching the children we are very lucky!

Tonight I had teriyaki chicken with vegtables. A pudding cup and probably fruit a little later.

Tomorrow I have a day long training/meeting for work (I know I am not working so I can study) but I wanted to attend this training so I don't go back feeling completely out of the loop! I am just worried because they are feeding us; I will try super hard to pick something healthy!

Have a wonderful evening! Thanks for motivation and encouragement!!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 10:07:03 PM
Author: Skippy123
okay, we jumped around (did step aerobics) tonight to ''IT''s Raining Men!'' That song made me laugh
9.gif

It was killer! This step class is on Wed and Thurs and it is extremely choreographed. When I first started the class a few years ago I was going in the wrong directions but would stay till the end. It was funny tonight to be able to keep up and see people leave because it was too complicated. It made me happy to see some people who were having a hard time stick it out through the whole thing! Those are the ones that will come back and down well. heehee.

Mara, I pat my pizza and other greasy stuff. I heard that you eliminate about 10 grams (that might not be right but I remember it was some carzy amount) of fat from one slice of pizza!! So pat away!!!

Whooo hoooo for getting a good work out in DeeJay! Yeah, MrsS, Rod, Becky, AG, NYC, KimberlyH!!!

Kimberly you do good work; it makes me happy that there are wonderful people like you teaching the children we are very lucky!

Tonight I had teriyaki chicken with vegtables. A pudding cup and probably fruit a little later.

Tomorrow I have a day long training/meeting for work (I know I am not working so I can study) but I wanted to attend this training so I don''t go back feeling completely out of the loop! I am just worried because they are feeding us; I will try super hard to pick something healthy!

Have a wonderful evening! Thanks for motivation and encouragement!!!
35.gif
That is quite a compliment coming from you, Skippy; thank you! My only hope is that I can do some good, and give back some how, even if only a little.

I am so ready for bed. I think I''ll be sound asleep before the AI loser is announced!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly...yeah it's funny, i guess everyone's bodies are just different, like different things work for people when losing weight as well. the visual difference in my body since i have started adding so much walking in, is visible big time to me. scale-wise it's pretty much still the same, i am moving between 129 and 131 on the scale but i am visually leaner than 2 weeks ago. it's kind of interesting. the differences are probably mostly only visible to me when naked since i am the one scrutinizing myself hehee. with clothes on, i would imagine i look pretty much the same as 2 or 4 weeks ago kinda thing. i wonder if maybe you added more muscle when walking so intensely, and you lost it when going back to doing the elliptical or something. who really knows hehee. sometimes all of this and what actually works eludes me.

so went to the gym after work and did 40 minutes on the elliptical for 335 cals. i did about 10 minutes of arm weights as well. then i went and got us indian food takeout...there is this place we LOVE but we haven't been there in forever, mostly because i tend to adore butter chicken which is sooo not healthy and it's like one of my favorite things. but today i was just craving so i decided to just indulge (greg was so happy as he loves this place and always wants to go there but i am like nope!) but i ended up getting tandoori chicken instead of butter chicken, it's basically marinated in spices and grilled so WAY better choice. the rice and naan was SO yummy. i love love naan and it was warm from the oven...divine. i also had a mango lassi drink which was really thin so i would imagine they used a lighter yogurt and milk than most i have had before. so my belly is happy, and i might have some light gelato as dessert with berries. yummy.

anyhow hope everyone had a great day!! everyone's weigh ins and measurements look great, kudos to everyone for continued progress!!!! it's definitely easier to stick with the program on the lifestyle change when you see how things are actually working out! yay DJ for getting back to the gym.

haha and glad to see i'm not the only grease patter...last week when we had amicis pizza i was dabbing at my pizza and greg was laughing at me. i have actually read if you pat your pizza down before eating you can save something like 50 cals (per slice?). so that works for me!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2007 4:32:37 PM
Author: Mara
yes i have also read that the treadmill is not like walking outside, mostly because when you walk on the treadmill, the machine keeps going even if you take your feet off, so you end up having a bit of extra help from the treadmill belt. whereas walking outside you have no help at all, it''s all YOU powered. i notice this too when it''s windy out and i am walking, i have to push a little harder to not let the wind push me back...so it''s resistance training haha. and that''s not something you get on a machine really. also hello my legs and butt are SO SORE today and i know it''s from the additional walking i have been doing, and also the fact that i am now taking the stairs to my office (5 levels from the garage) 2-3 times a day. so i am basically walking up 100 steps 2-3x a day...and i am in good shape and yet i still have to take a few deep breaths at the top!! so yes real world exercise can be different and very handy too hehe.

so just got back from the team/dept lunch...i was 90% good and 10% bad...we all shared a few apps so i had 2 slivers of potato pancake (pressed into my napkin and a lot of grease came off!) and a bit of the chicken lettuce cups, and then some wonton soup but i only ate about 1/3 of it because it was SO salty. and ever since reading about how salty chinese food is, AND how you end up retaining water and it shows up on your body and on the scale i have really tried to watch salt. then for my lunch i got shitake mushrooms and snap peas with prawns and asked them for the sauce on the side and they actually did it, though the waitress was really not friendly and she hated that i asked her to do something special. and my meal came with potstickers or egg roll so i got potstickers and rolled them in my napkin before eating to get at least 1/2 the grease off. the meal itself was awesome, the sauce came entirely on the side so it looked like they just steamed my veggies and prawns (or used a little bit of oil but it was not oily at all, the shine to them seemed more like water), and it was REALLY good that way actually! i didn''t even use the sauce. and i had like 1/3 of the rice that came with it. so overall a successful lunch outing...even though i really hate to go to places i wouldn''t normally go to and use some of my precious calories for something that i am really not that into. but it was fun to get out with the dept and still be pretty healthy. plus actually my dish was really good. i would even get that as takeout in the future.

on a random side note, does anyone else feel totally weird when you dab at greasy things with your napkin?? i do this to my pizza and also things like the potstickers or the potato pancake and i try to be subtle about it but man so much oil comes off of those things a lot of the time. i''d rather not eat that extra oil but why doesn''t anyone else do this but me?! hehe.

skip sounds like you are doing great, you too mrs salvo. rod another great day hhmm hehee.
Ha - I do this all the time, and when I cook Hubby''s burglers as we call them, I am appalled at the amount of fat that comes out
emotion-41.gif
. I dab away at them with the Bounty and feel virtuous that the fat is going in the bin instead of floating around inside...

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
lol at all the food patting going on! i sometimes do it when i''m at home by myself, but i''d be too embarassed to do it in front of others...

i weighed myself at the gym yesterday and am holding at the same weight. i''ve been constant for several weeks now...my body seems to like it here! i''m going with amber''s theory that it is an accomplishment to not gain. i agree that we sometimes don''t give ourselves enough credit for that.

yesterday i went on the elliptical for 45 minutes. today i am getting my hair done right after work, so i won''t make it to the gym, but i am planning to bike at home while watching a little tv.

i had fage mixed with mango butter for breakfast, and i am loving the texture - so creamy! lunch is a spinach salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries, and walnuts. not sure about dinner yet...i''ve been craving mexican so i will probably try to make some sort of healthy burrito or something.

have a good one!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for grease patting, lol sb i do feel like a dork sometimes out patting things at the restaurants or rolling my egg roll or whatever in a napkin. it''s like you figure it makes sense but you don''t want people to think you are wacko. and normally with like greg or good friends or whatever i don''t care but yesterday at lunch with like 10 people i was trying to be all sly about getting the grease off the potato cakes and the potstickers because i don''t want my new coworkers thinking i''m a freako!! hee.

i do agree that maintaining weight within a small range is very hard and is a great accomplishment. i am still figuring it out! but my weight seems to be moving within a 2-3 lb range consistently from about 129.5 to 131.5, on the higher end after a splurge or a few meals out and on the lower end after a few days of eating really well at home kinda thing. funny how what we eat from day to day really does make an impact on the scale, but typically my measurements are basically the same every day except if i am bloated or something.

speaking of bloating, i have been feeling really tired and out of it the last day or two and i think it might be because TTOTM is coming, i actually am a bit off my schedule because i forgot to take my bc pills this month and if that happens i never remember when TTOTM is coming, so i am like uhh is it time already lol. (sorry rod for too much girl information here!)...but if it''s not because of that, then i just must be needing a bit more sleep!! i also have had massive cravings the last day and a half...to the tune of the indian dinner last nite (which was yummy) but then i basically had like 3 servings of the light gelato i have in the freezer and it wasn''t enough to just have some of the hazelnut, i had to have some hazelnut, then some vanilla bean then some mint chip!! at least i threw some strawberries in there and also like i told greg, at least i got a ton of protein and calcium from it, hahaa.
5.gif
i am trying to be better about moderation but also giving into cravings when i really have them because otherwise i just obsess on what i can''t have and since i am in maintenance, it does not derail me to do something one day and get back on track the next as i have previously seen.

anyhow, today is a walking day...i gave my legs a bit of a break yesterday with no walking and then just a light elliptical workout, but today i am going to do a late morning walk and then do my afternoon pickingupportia walk before heading home. i also am planning to eat a little lighter today. breakfast was just 1/2c of fiber one with sliced strawberries, cinnamon and ff milk and coffee. i am going to have a light nfit yogurt and a toast for snack, and then lunch is a TJ''s bean and rice burrito. i meant to bring the mango salsa to top it off then DOH forgot. snacks will be fresh fruit, fage with mango butter and maybe a fiber one bar or something sweetish.

hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello, hello, hello WWTers!

It''s been another nutty week for me with the parents impending move and a crazy-busy work schedule. No gym workouts lately, but I''ve been soooo good with the food intake, and I don''t feel so guilty for posting. Yep, sometimes I feel wierd posting here as I''m just not totally with the program. But I figure that I''m doing the best I can and that''s worth something.

I don''t see my schedule easing up anytime soon, so I''m just going to accept it and REALLY try to incorporate some activity time everyday. I''ve always thought that you have to go to the gym to really get a quality workout, and that just doesn''t fit in with the schedule right now. But, I''m going to try the walking thing, doing squats and lunges and using my stretchy arm bands- I understand now that something is better than nothing!

Although I didn''t really weigh myself when I started my healthier lifestyle earlier this month, I''ve been measuring my waist and have noticed that it''s inching down a bit. My size 12 pants actually feel loose! They''re almost at the point where they look ridiculous- they''re baggy at the hip & thigh, and I''ve pulled them down a bit ''cause the waist is loose (woo hoo- low riders!)

Hubby and I leave for New Orleans tomorrow, and I can''t wait! We''re going for the annual Jazz & Heritage Festival which I''ve been attending since 2000- it''s a total blast! We didn''t go last year, so this will be our first time back post-Katrina. All bets are off as far as food is concerned, but at least we''ll be doing a heck of a lot of walking while we''re there.

Here''s an early wish for a fantastic weekend!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 12:24:15 PM
yay for grease patting, lol sb i do feel like a dork sometimes out patting things at the restaurants or rolling my egg roll or whatever in a napkin. it''s like you figure it makes sense but you don''t want people to think you are wacko. and normally with like greg or good friends or whatever i don''t care but yesterday at lunch with like 10 people i was trying to be all sly about getting the grease off the potato cakes and the potstickers because i don''t want my new coworkers thinking i''m a freako!! hee.

i do agree that maintaining weight within a small range is very hard and is a great accomplishment. i am still figuring it out! but my weight seems to be moving within a 2-3 lb range consistently from about 129.5 to 131.5, on the higher end after a splurge or a few meals out and on the lower end after a few days of eating really well at home kinda thing. funny how what we eat from day to day really does make an impact on the scale, but typically my measurements are basically the same every day except if i am bloated or something.

speaking of bloating, i have been feeling really tired and out of it the last day or two and i think it might be because TTOTM is coming, i actually am a bit off my schedule because i forgot to take my bc pills this month and if that happens i never remember when TTOTM is coming, so i am like uhh is it time already lol. (sorry rod for too much girl information here!)...but if it''s not because of that, then i just must be needing a bit more sleep!! i also have had massive cravings the last day and a half...to the tune of the indian dinner last nite (which was yummy) but then i basically had like 3 servings of the light gelato i have in the freezer and it wasn''t enough to just have some of the hazelnut, i had to have some hazelnut, then some vanilla bean then some mint chip!! at least i threw some strawberries in there and also like i told greg, at least i got a ton of protein and calcium from it, hahaa.
5.gif
i am trying to be better about moderation but also giving into cravings when i really have them because otherwise i just obsess on what i can''t have and since i am in maintenance, it does not derail me to do something one day and get back on track the next as i have previously seen.

anyhow, today is a walking day...i gave my legs a bit of a break yesterday with no walking and then just a light elliptical workout, but today i am going to do a late morning walk and then do my afternoon pickingupportia walk before heading home. i also am planning to eat a little lighter today. breakfast was just 1/2c of fiber one with sliced strawberries, cinnamon and ff milk and coffee. i am going to have a light nfit yogurt and a toast for snack, and then lunch is a TJ''s bean and rice burrito. i meant to bring the mango salsa to top it off then DOH forgot. snacks will be fresh fruit, fage with mango butter and maybe a fiber one bar or something sweetish.

Sorry Mara, but these three sentences jumped out at me!
23.gif
31.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, sorry I havent been posting much in the last while-really busy in college. Just to let you all know though that I am now 28 pounds down so Ive lost a full two stone! Woohoo!! Still going to the gym three times a week and have been steadily losing nearly 2 lbs a week. Glad everyone seems to be keeping up the good work!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Bee, you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol feb bride, no i don't think it's anything like that!!! but i guess we would know in a week or two lol. anyway, i do tend to get really tired around then, and feel kind of out of it (i am borderline anemic so i should be beefing up iron anyway), plus i am feeling kind of hot which is another symptom as your temperature rises like 1-2 degrees during that time too.

chargergrrl, don't feel guilty!! hello i had like 3/4 of a pint of ice cream last nite and i'm still posting lol.
3.gif
have fun on the trip!!

congrats bee, i am so happy you checked in....2 lbs a week is awesome!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 12:47:31 PM
Author: february2003bride

Date: 4/26/2007 12:24:15 PM

5.gif

Sorry Mara, but these three sentences jumped out at me!
23.gif
31.gif
LOL......They did for me too!! Any nausea associated with any of your cravings there girl???? You could be needing a bigger house in the burbs sooner than you thought. HaHa

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I managed to go for a little 20 min run yesterday, and hopefully another run tonight or yoga after work today.

Rod, thanks for the advice on shoes. Your shoes sound awesome! They are a bit out of budget, but I think your idea of going to an actually running store (there''s one near my house!) and trying things on and walking/running around the store in them is a great idea!!

Charger, have fun in New Orleans and congrats on doing great on the food intake!! I wish I could say the same, but I''m having massive cookie attacks lately LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 4:22:25 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I managed to go for a little 20 min run yesterday, and hopefully another run tonight or yoga after work today.

Rod, thanks for the advice on shoes. Your shoes sound awesome! They are a bit out of budget, but I think your idea of going to an actually running store (there''s one near my house!) and trying things on and walking/running around the store in them is a great idea!!

Charger, have fun in New Orleans and congrats on doing great on the food intake!! I wish I could say the same, but I''m having massive cookie attacks lately LOL!

The planets must be in some weird alignment which is making many of us WWTers crave sweet things at the moment!

Anyway did my 45 mins on the ellip and was able to push quite hard tonight.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol you guys are funny, i prefer to go with lorelei''s planet alignment theory as to why i have been having an extra large sweet tooth the last few days.

at work i have been pretty good about the random sweets laying around (and that my coworker in particular always has out) after that first few days of shellshock here, but today they brought sunkist jelly beans in..mmmm. i had 10 and they are like 3 cals each so not so bad and fat free at least. but i am like GREAT these better be gone fast or else, haha. i had a slice of multigrain tosat with ls jelly and cinnamon for snack, and green tea. and then for lunch a TJ''s bean and rice burrito with some pineapple. i can''t wait to have my fage with mango butter this afternoon!! dinner tonite is still up in the air depending on how we feel but i had planned for us to walk to amicis for pizza, the weather is fabulous today, but we really SHOULD eat the rosemary chicken and rice from TJ''s with salads instead since we already have that stuff at home and i don''t want it to spoil. so we''ll see.

tomorrow night also we are going out with some friends (the gal who floated my resume to the hiring manager here and her bf who is part of our friend group that was just over at our house last weekend) to this awesome vietnamese fusion place that we all love. they have things like crab garlic noodles, ahi tuna tartare, steamed seabass, etc...yummy. and tasty cocktails too. so it should be a fun time.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday evening all!

It was a fantanstically busy day that included no workout but lots of physical activity. I am really excited as I have been asked to finish out the school year subbing in a special ed. class because an aide is going out on personal leave. It''s 5 days a week, so I''m not sure if I''ll do it as I''m concerned I won''t have enough time to focus on school, but I am absolutely flattered to have been requested.

We''re having butternut squash ravioli for dinner, yummy! John picked it up at the Italian specialty market a few days ago, and I''m really looking foward to it.

Great job on the weight loss, bee!

And here''s to lost inches, Charger! Have a fantastic trip!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee and Charger -- congrats! You are doing SOOO well!!!

I was too depressed to post today because after my great workout last night I had the worst chest discomfort yet starting at about 3:00 this morning. The doc is sending me in for the radioactive dye CT scan, and I''m on work out ban again until we get some results back.
14.gif
I probably can''t get in for the test until late next week though becuase I am swamped at work right now and have a very large closing and a quarterly board meeting next Tuesday and Wednesday.
14.gif
again.

Tonight the HH and I are doing takeout from Wildfire with one of my clients. I really wanted a filet but managed to steer myself toward the swordfish instead. I figure if I can''t work out I can at least make an effort to eat good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 6:57:14 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Bee and Charger -- congrats! You are doing SOOO well!!!

I was too depressed to post today because after my great workout last night I had the worst chest discomfort yet starting at about 3:00 this morning. The doc is sending me in for the radioactive dye CT scan, and I''m on work out ban again until we get some results back.
14.gif
I probably can''t get in for the test until late next week though becuase I am swamped at work right now and have a very large closing and a quarterly board meeting next Tuesday and Wednesday.
14.gif
again.

Tonight the HH and I are doing takeout from Wildfire with one of my clients. I really wanted a filet but managed to steer myself toward the swordfish instead. I figure if I can''t work out I can at least make an effort to eat good!
OH NO! I am so sorry DeeJay; that is awful. I hope they figure it out soon! Praying for you!

Bee and Charger you guys are awesome
35.gif

I was nervous last night for some lame reason so I didn''t sleep. I had a big ole piece of carrot cake at the meeting today. They had no healthy selections and the carrot cake was calling me. I think I will go for a walk I was planning on doing step but I am so sleepy from not sleeping.

I am looking forward to getting back on track tonight and tomorrow.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I''m sorry to see you''re still having the chest pains. I''m glad you''re going to have the CT Scan, but can''t you get in any earlier and get this over with?? Anyway, you know lot''s of us are thinking nothing but the most positive thoughts for you. Me included.

Skippy, the carrot cake was just calling your name huh? Maybe Lorelei''s planet theory on sweets has merit. At least you could use that as your excuse. LOL

Great job Bee.....Keep up the great work.

Kimberly, how nice to be so highly thought of to be asked to sub 5 days a week. It''s a wonderful thing you do!! I always love hearing what John''s got cooking for dinner. If you ever get tired of him, send him on down to Tampa, we''ve got a fabulous kitchen!! LOL

So, nothing new on the job front today. And I''m OK with that. I know it''s going to take some time at my level to be discovered appropriately. I''m still sleeping great at night so until I start losing sleep over this, I''m going to enjoy my life. I had an explosive workout at the gym today. Typically, on Thursday''s since I not in the gym on Friday''s, I push a little harder. I wound up alternating unassisted chinups with a MUCH younger guy, and he''d do 10, then I''d do 10. And I kept alternating with him for like 6 sets of 10, so that was something. He was struggling towards the end too (haha), but I was not. One funny note. After my workout, I typically go to the sauna and let the heat soothe my muscles. This afternoon, there were at least college age guys and they were pouring water on the heater element which instantly creates steam and causes the temperature in the sauna to go up significantly, which is fine with me. But one of the young guys commented that he was in the sauna the other day and this "old" man and then he clarified and said like in his 50''s got angry because he was using water to heat the room up. So, I said, hey be careful, not all "old" men in their 50''s are such old stodgies and then I said I was 52 and they were like, there''s no way I could 52. LOL. One of them said I was older than his father but I looked so much younger. See, exercise is the cure for "Old Age" I''m convinced of it. Otherwise, nothing remarkable about my workout, other than it was a pretty intense one. Tomorrow, I''m going to run 6 miles, so I''m really looking forward to that.

Now, I''m just waiting for Charlie to get home from the gym, so we can have dinner. It''s a beautiful evening in Tampa, and there''s a sailing regatta on the bay, so it will be such a lovely evening to sit on our terrace, have dinner and watch the sailboats. Ahhh.......Life is tough, but someone has to live this and it may as well be us!! LOL

Oh and I almost forgot. Great job on doing a pretty intense 45 minutes on the elliptical there Lorelei!! Sounds like you are doing much better. We''ve all had you in our prayers for sure.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Lorelei theory Rod!! LOL!

You are making me jealous with all your lovely days in Tampa. heehee, no I am very happy for you! You seem to be a gem and deserve all the happiness
9.gif

Actually I read a few articles saying that people who don't sleep tend to over eat! I think it is very true!
Here is an article I found just now. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-12-06-sleep-weight-gain_x.htm
I think that is why I wanted the yummy carrot cake. I also thought it was interesting enough to post so we try to make sure we get a good nights sleep.
4.gif

Wow, that is wonderful they want you to teach for the rest of the year Kimberly! How exciting!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I know I don''t post often, but I do read often. Dee*Jay, your post caught my attention and concerned me. I really hope you feel better soon. Please get back to the doctor soon.

Take care,

M

Oh, and since I am posting, I will post my nightly workout activity. A 5.5 mile run/walk with a friend and talking the whole way. Feels great and what a beautiful evening here!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 8:53:08 PM
Author: merrijoy
I know I don''t post often, but I do read often. Dee*Jay, your post caught my attention and concerned me. I really hope you feel better soon. Please get back to the doctor soon.

Take care,

M

Oh, and since I am posting, I will post my nightly workout activity. A 5.5 mile run/walk with a friend and talking the whole way. Feels great and what a beautiful evening here!
Good for you merrijoy!! It''s a sure sign of good cardio health to be able to run and maintain a conversation at the same time!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 9:45:57 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 4/26/2007 8:53:08 PM
Author: merrijoy

Take care,

M

Good for you merrijoy!! It''s a sure sign of good cardio health to be able to run and maintain a conversation at the same time!!
Why, thank you very much. It makes the time go by much faster, too. Which is a good and a bad thing. Easy, but then you realized you missed watching the trees, sky, smells, etc...

1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 7:46:05 PM
Author: Skippy123
I like the Lorelei theory Rod!! LOL!

You are making me jealous with all your lovely days in Tampa. heehee, no I am very happy for you! You seem to be a gem and deserve all the happiness
9.gif

Actually I read a few articles saying that people who don''t sleep tend to over eat! I think it is very true!
Here is an article I found just now. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-12-06-sleep-weight-gain_x.htm
I think that is why I wanted the yummy carrot cake. I also thought it was interesting enough to post so we try to make sure we get a good nights sleep.
4.gif

Wow, that is wonderful they want you to teach for the rest of the year Kimberly! How exciting!
Thanks for compliment (not sure if I am a gem or not) and thanks for the link on lack of sleep and over eating. In my case though, if I''m worried about something, my mind simply won''t turn off and I can''t fall asleep. I''m not a particularly good sleeper and since last September, when I was laid off my job of 15 years and then taking the job in Raleigh, I''m afraid I''ve had more than my share of sleepless nights. But the minute I quit my job and decided to come home, I''ve been sleeping many more nights than not sleeping. I didn''t gain weight when I was sleep deprived, because I still had my fitness routine and maintained a healthy eating lifestyle regardless of my stress level. But I can see how sleep deprivation and over eating can go hand in hand.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I''m so very sorry. Please take good care of yourself.

Rod, I''ll let John know he''s being requested to cook in Tampa...he''d be so proud. He was a "fend for yourself" guy for 20 years before we were married and had a wonderful aunt who taught him how to cook amazing Italian dishes as a child (they made pizza every Saturday, homemade ravioli, etc.). Needless to say I benefit greatly from his cooking lessons and 20 years of bachelorhood. He truly is phenomenal in the kitchen...and he enjoys it! Thanks for the compliment...I love that I get to do something that involves giving back. I feel so blessed to lead the life I do and be surrounded by such an amazing group of family and friends, it''s only right that I use my talents for the greater good.

I am so sleepy again tonight. It''s TTOTM and it''s really effecting me. Today is on the higher end of calories, at about 1600 for the day. But I''ve really held back on gorging, opting for almonds and yogurt instead of cheese and crackers, even though I''m craving salt and sweets, so I can reconcile that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ sorry to hear about the chest pain, good luck at the doctors!

We walked over to downtown and went to Amici's again for pizza. On the way home we stopped at this little liquor store that my friend told me about that carries Its Its...those awesome local ice cream sandwiches I have talked about before hehe. Greg had never had one so I asked if he wanted to share one and he said he wanted his own! HAH. So we each got a mint one...came home and watched some TV and ate our treats together, yummy. Greg is totally getting into the spirit of walking downtown for dinner, he's like 'should we go here next time' etc...hehe. Cute!!

Hope everyone had a good day even with some splurging hehee, merrijoy your outing sounds nice! I can't wait to get out and walk this weekend in the beautiful weather.

Oh and everyone will giggle to know that when my mini margherita pizza arrived at the table, I used the napkin on the pizza and a bunch of grease came off....yeee!!! I totally thought of the WWT'ers hehee.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Tis definitely the planets as I was on a Kit Kat binge last night
6.gif
Plus I noticed Miss Skippy mentioned carrot cake so I am cake mongering again!
30.gif

Dee, I will be thinking of you and I know it will be sorted out soon.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heehee about the craving theory.

DeeJay, hope you are doing better soon! Going to the doctor was probably a good idea.

I managed to go to yoga tonight, but I didn''t really get a great workout. It was more relaxing than strenuous, but that''s okay sometimes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 4:08:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
''Tis definitely the planets as I was on a Kit Kat binge last night
6.gif
30.gif

6.gif
Those are good. *drools*

Hey you, just wanted to make sure you knew I was just razzing you in my ring thread. I would never say anything to intentionally hurt your feelings.
2.gif

I have not been able to read this thread, but I did catch that Dee had another bout with pain. I''m keeping you in my thoughts, and hope you figure out what''s wrong soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2007 7:37:46 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/27/2007 4:08:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
''Tis definitely the planets as I was on a Kit Kat binge last night
6.gif
30.gif

6.gif
Those are good. *drools*

Hey you, just wanted to make sure you knew I was just razzing you in my ring thread. I would never say anything to intentionally hurt your feelings.
2.gif

I have not been able to read this thread, but I did catch that Dee had another bout with pain. I''m keeping you in my thoughts, and hope you figure out what''s wrong soon.
Oh gosh Ellen, don''t worry, I have just responded to your thread to agree you should go flower shopping...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results