shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 23rd April till 29th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sag butt, Lorelei, you must go shopping! And take care of yourself.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
Hugs to you.

Today I''m going to get in a workout, John will clena the house and then we''re off to an open house and then Little Italy for the Annual Spring Art walk and festival, which should be a ton of fun. I''ve never been before so I''m really excited. We''re going to park at a trolley stop and ride in as there are supposed to be 45,000 people attending and I''m not big on driving in circles looking for a parking spot. Anyways, it should be great.

Dinner is wherever we end up after the festival. Perhaps Little Italy if the restaurants aren''t too packed, if they are we''ll head elsewhere.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 10:49:43 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Sag butt, Lorelei, you must go shopping! And take care of yourself.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
Hugs to you.

Today I''m going to get in a workout, John will clena the house and then we''re off to an open house and then Little Italy for the Annual Spring Art walk and festival, which should be a ton of fun. I''ve never been before so I''m really excited. We''re going to park at a trolley stop and ride in as there are supposed to be 45,000 people attending and I''m not big on driving in circles looking for a parking spot. Anyways, it should be great.

Dinner is wherever we end up after the festival. Perhaps Little Italy if the restaurants aren''t too packed, if they are we''ll head elsewhere.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!
Right back at you Kim
emrose.gif

Yep, sag butt is NOT a pretty sight, so new jeans here I come soon.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"hehe rod it cracks me up how often you guys go to starbucks"

Hello my name is Rod.....and I''m a StarbucksAHolic!! LOL.........I know we spend way too much money on Starbucks coffee, but since I gave up fattening foods (last night''s dinner excepted), and I quit smoking and I''m not really a drinker, it''s my one true vice. I do enjoy our Starbucks. Twice on weekdays, and often 3 times on weekends. LOL

Yummmmm roasted lobster''s and bouillabaise. That sounds wonderful. Now I won''t be able to get that out of my mind and we have a wonderful restaurant called Circles nearby and they have fabulous Bouillabaise, so that might have to be my next indulgence (after Sushi on Monday of course). The walk around Golden Gate Park sounds like such fun. It''s funny how one can go from......"what walk? Me???" To........"Hey, let''s go for a nice long walk!!"

Kimberly enjoy the art festival. That''s one of the thing''s we so love about living in Tampa. There are art festivals year round and some of the juried one''s are so much fun. One in particular is held twice a year in the same place our gym is located (Hyde Park Village), so we can get a workout in, put our gym stuff in our trunks and then stroll through the art booths for several hours. Always, so enjoyable. Careful with the food though. Art Festivals are often jammed with fattening (but enjoyable) food choices.

So, we had a wonderful breakfast on the terrace. It''s a beautiful morning in paradise. We''re heading out to have our cars washed, then for some lunch, coffee, the gym, then off to get something fun for dinner and finally our 4 mile walk after dinner. Turns out I''m not dreaming as I did wake up in Tampa this morning. Woo Hoo!!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Ps: Lorelei, living in the moment is good (at times). I haven''t done much to save for my old age. I figure I''ll be an in shape old man, living in a nice place, driving a nice car, eating cat food out of a can and still having to work.............where I''ll be saying something like......."Sonny, do you want me to Super Size that for you today!!!" LOL about your sag butt image now fixated in my head. I''m betting you''re just as lovely to look at as your posts are lovely to read!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 11:34:08 AM
Author: Rod
'hehe rod it cracks me up how often you guys go to starbucks'

Hello my name is Rod.....and I'm a StarbucksAHolic!! LOL.........I know we spend way too much money on Starbucks coffee, but since I gave up fattening foods (last night's dinner excepted), and I quit smoking and I'm not really a drinker, it's my one true vice. I do enjoy our Starbucks. Twice on weekdays, and often 3 times on weekends. LOL

Yummmmm roasted lobster's and bouillabaise. That sounds wonderful. Now I won't be able to get that out of my mind and we have a wonderful restaurant called Circles nearby and they have fabulous Bouillabaise, so that might have to be my next indulgence (after Sushi on Monday of course). The walk around Golden Gate Park sounds like such fun. It's funny how one can go from......'what walk? Me???' To........'Hey, let's go for a nice long walk!!'

Kimberly enjoy the art festival. That's one of the thing's we so love about living in Tampa. There are art festivals year round and some of the juried one's are so much fun. One in particular is held twice a year in the same place our gym is located (Hyde Park Village), so we can get a workout in, put our gym stuff in our trunks and then stroll through the art booths for several hours. Always, so enjoyable. Careful with the food though. Art Festivals are often jammed with fattening (but enjoyable) food choices.

So, we had a wonderful breakfast on the terrace. It's a beautiful morning in paradise. We're heading out to have our cars washed, then for some lunch, coffee, the gym, then off to get something fun for dinner and finally our 4 mile walk after dinner. Turns out I'm not dreaming as I did wake up in Tampa this morning. Woo Hoo!!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Ps: Lorelei, living in the moment is good (at times). I haven't done much to save for my old age. I figure I'll be an in shape old man, living in a nice place, driving a nice car, eating cat food out of a can and still having to work.............where I'll be saying something like.......'Sonny, do you want me to Super Size that for you today!!!' LOL about your sag butt image now fixated in my head. I'm betting you're just as lovely to look at as your posts are lovely to read!
I would if I could but being a bumpkin my nearest Starbucks is 20 miles away...
8.gif

Thanks for the compliment Rod * blush*
19.gif

Hehe...my sag butt is like the backs of my jeans hanging in a fold over the old buttocks, Jlo would be horrified! I am not well endowed in the butt department anyway and recently it ain't improved!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love festivals, Rod! When I lived in Sacramento I used to drive to the bay area to hang out with my sister and BIL on the weekends and go to the street fairs. Wine, art, books, whatever...they''re so much fun! As for food, I can totally avoid eating while wandering around. I''m pretty regimented about when I eat, so if it''s not time I just don''t even think about it. It''s strange but good as I avoid snacking that way.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 11:38:01 AM
I love festivals, Rod! When I lived in Sacramento I used to drive to the bay area to hang out with my sister and BIL on the weekends and go to the street fairs. Wine, art, books, whatever...they''re so much fun! As for food, I can totally avoid eating while wandering around. I''m pretty regimented about when I eat, so if it''s not time I just don''t even think about it. It''s strange but good as I avoid snacking that way.
Good for you Kimberly. I, on the other hand have major food issues, which is why I''m so religious about working out and what I eat. I''ll be at an art festival and the next thing you''ll know I''ve got a whole turkey leg in my hand. Who needs to eat an entire turkey leg? But then when you see about 5,000 other people eating entire turkey legs, you''re like......wow, I have to have one of those. Charlie is much better at being not tempted by art festival food. Anyway, have a great time!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sitting here eating a dinner you will all be so jealous of - Butter flavour packet noodles. Yummy.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 11:47:40 AM

Good for you Kimberly. I, on the other hand have major food issues, which is why I''m so religious about working out and what I eat. I''ll be at an art festival and the next thing you''ll know I''ve got a whole turkey leg in my hand. Who needs to eat an entire turkey leg? But then when you see about 5,000 other people eating entire turkey legs, you''re like......wow, I have to have one of those. Charlie is much better at being not tempted by art festival food. Anyway, have a great time!
We went to Taste of Chicago last summer and I people watched for a while and was floored by what they put into so many people inhaled! Fried this, sugar that...OH MY GOODNESS!! I started controlling my overeating 5 years ago when I lost weight...and now it''s just habit. There are definitely times when I indulge, but I find myself to be fuller faster and at that point I just stop...I hate that sick feeling from overeating and do my best to avoid it!

Lorelei, that just doesn''t sound too exciting, but I hope you''re enjoying it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 12:13:54 PM

Date: 4/29/2007 11:47:40 AM

We went to Taste of Chicago last summer and I people watched for a while and was floored by what they put into so many people inhaled! Fried this, sugar that...OH MY GOODNESS!! I started controlling my overeating 5 years ago when I lost weight...and now it''s just habit. There are definitely times when I indulge, but I find myself to be fuller faster and at that point I just stop...I hate that sick feeling from overeating and do my best to avoid it!

Lorelei, that just doesn''t sound too exciting, but I hope you''re enjoying it!
I am feeling deprived as Hubby has been away and I haven''t been anywhere to get anything good foodwise...sniff...But he owes me a nice dinner sometime with TWO desserts a la Miss Mara
16.gif

The noodles weren''t very exciting, filled a hole, thats about all.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning WWT''ers!

lol rod, hey sbucks can be fattening for some people but not when you have the right habits, and it can be a fun ''feels like an indulgence but really isn''t'' thing so i totally get it! hehee.

lorelei, yay for weight loss, boo for baggy butt! definitely get some new pants woman...hehe. and i hope you are feeling better...slowly but surely. oh and two desserts, definitely in your near future, ehhee. make them count!

kimberly, your day sounds action packed and fun. we love all the festivals around here too. they are starting up basically right now and go until october typically. there are usually 3-4 we always attend and then maybe one or two others if we have nothing else to do, many of the same vendors go to all of them so at some point it feels redundant and then you are just there for the crowds, food and wine hehe. but i love me some bad festival food!! typically when we go i get a chicken kebab and some garlic fries and a lemonade or something. greg loves getting polish sausages and the like.

so this morning i made us the napa valley pantry meyer lemon pecan pancakes, YUMMY!! i added in fresh blueberries to the pancakes when they were cooking and they came out wonderful. there is a hint of lemon, but it''s not overpowering and the blueberries and pecans add wonderful flavors. and the best part if that they are not a calorie killer, aka my serving of 3.5 5" pancakes with butter and sf syrup was probably about 300 cals.

this weekend i decided to not even update my calorie and workout spreadsheet...haha. i have no real way to estimate the last few days and i don''t want to be hard on myself...so i''m just not even looking at it. i do know that after my walk today i will have burned about 3100-3300 cals this week, and if we get another walk in at the park in SF then it will be more. so i definitely am still working hard on the exercise front which hopefully counteracts splurges hehee. but at this point honestly i don''t even care! i am really enjoying myself this weekend and i work hard for it hhehe.

anyway, almost time to get off and go for my walk and then the grocery store etc...so hope everyone is having a wonderful sunday!! enjoy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yah for Lorelei on baggy pants, Rod, Kimberly & Mara for weekend exercise!

It is our Anniversary today so we are taking a ride in the convertible (Rod all your convertible talk) had me wanting a drive up our mountin so we can look at the city! So we are off to do that and we are going to eat at my favorite Italian place; Il Vicino. It isn't an expensive place but it is consistently yummy! This evening we are going for a long walk!

I had strawberries and fage for breatfast.
18.gif
yum!

Happy Sunday Friends
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your anniversary Mr and Mrs Skippy!!

Mara thanks for the good wishes, Hubby should be home in a couple of hours after being gone for 2 weeks, so that will help me. This sag bum in jeans has got to go, so I will be going shopping soon, I deserve it! Also Mara I will definitely make my desserts count when I do get out for dinner, perhaps a hot pudding with custard and then something like tiramisu...YUMYUMYUM for the tum as Kimberley would say
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternooon all,

I''ve been reading this thread daily and walking but it''s been crazy and we''ve been splurging so not much good eats to report :( . I can''t wait until tomorrow to get back into my routine.

rod, my dad LOVEs starbucks and goes several times a week, not quite as much as you guys but still a lot. we always give him giftcards for gifts in insanely large amounts of money, like $100 or something and he just loves it and it lasts at least 2 weeks or so
37.gif

lorelei, yay for needing new pants, have fun shopping..

mara, good for you for getting off the spreadsheet and getting into a more normal way of life. my hubby has fallen off the workout wagon a bit since I was away so I''m making him go back on the spread sheet until he gets back in control. He''s not maintaining yet so he really does need to keep track so he stays within his ranges.I''m always interested in how your maintaining progresses altough i know everyone is different there is some ideas or things you do that I wouldn''t think of which helps me be able to help my hubby as well as myself.

happy anniversay Skippy family, i hope you have a special day of celebration..

kimberly, i hope you have fun at the festival...i love doing that stuff too...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Skippy! Enjoy your day and your yummy Italian dinner!

Mara, Greg and John both...yesterday at the flower fields his eyes lit up when he saw a vienna sausage stand. It was too darn cute! I love churros, but otherwise I just can''t get into the whole festival/fair food thing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...thanks MrsSalvo, I am trying to decide now whether to get good old bootcut or slightly skinnier leg...hmmm....I will see if there are any other goodies I can get whilst jean shopping too
41.gif

What is a churro please?
34.gif
Is it a sausage?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i LOVE churros too! lorelei, a churro is basically a long piece of dough that is fried in oil then pulled out and rolled in cinnamon and sugar...it''s sooo good and so bad haha.

happy anniversary skippy!! enjoy your dinner. mrs salvo, yeah i am trying to get out of the spreadsheet thing on weekends...i used to only do the tracking during the week then i started with weekends too which i think makes sense when you are losing but with maintaining i don''t have to be THAT diligent as long as i am working out. and honestly i don''t always want to know what i eat on weekends, haha!! i will keep you all posted as i continue to learn how to best maintain for myself. good luck keeping hubby on track and good for you for continuing to walk.

so did a 3m walk in the warm sun then hit up TJ''s for some groceries for the week. now i''m eating a 0% fage with mango butter, some ls blueberry jam, and a bit of granola mixed in with splenda, yum!! then i''m going to shower and get ready and we''ll head off to SF. we shall see what we end up doing there...greg went for a run as well so we may do a shorter walk or just walk around haight as there is a lot of interesting street walking around there too.

anyhow, hope everyone has a great afternoon/evening.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, here we go --

Monday: rest
Tuesday: Super Body Sculpt (Firm)
Wednesday: Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn (ouch)
Thursday: Tae Bo Basic
Friday: Super Charged Sculpting (Firm)
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Aerobic Body Shaping (Firm)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 1:58:34 PM
Author: Skippy123
Yah for Lorelei on baggy pants, Rod, Kimberly & Mara for weekend exercise!

It is our Anniversary today so we are taking a ride in the convertible (Rod all your convertible talk) had me wanting a drive up our mountin so we can look at the city! So we are off to do that and we are going to eat at my favorite Italian place; Il Vicino. It isn''t an expensive place but it is consistently yummy! This evening we are going for a long walk!

I had strawberries and fage for breatfast.
18.gif
yum!

Happy Sunday Friends
35.gif
HI:

Happy Anni Mr. and Mrs. Skippy!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a MIGHTY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO SKIPPY AND HUSBAND!! The ride up the mountain, top down, dinner at a favorite Italian restaurant and a nice long walk sounds like a very nice and romantic evening.

Mara, those pancakes sounded wonderful. And I'm afraid I have to agree, butter and noodles doesn't sound like a SUPER treat, but glad it gave you comfort Lorelei. You absolutely deserve those new jeansd and double deserts from Hubby after being away for 2 weeks. And that's a long time to be gone too!

Well, today was just another ABSOLUTELY wonderful day for us. After I wrote this morning, we had the cars washed, had a nice bite to eat, coffee at Starbucks (and I do just get coffee there - I once had multiple Mocha Frappucino's extra mocha, tripple blended, not whip cream, but now I just enjoy coffee - but I still use real sugar and cream - so there!). Then we had really strong workouts at the gym and Charlie went to the regular grocery store, while I went to Whaleys. I don't know if you have a store like Whaley's where you live, but it's one of those independent, family owned specialty grocery's where the only thing missing is saw dust on the floor. But, this place has the BEST produce, beef and seafood you could find anywhere. So, I bought myself a nice 1/2 pound filet and sir Charlie wanted fresh (natural, not farm raised) Salmon, which they have. I also bought some fresh picked Silver Queen corn and collard greens cooked with ham hocks. Man o man are they ever a good old fashioned southern dish. They probably have no nutritional value, but they are a good comfort food. So, I grilled the steak and salmon on my own grill (YAY YAY) and we ate on the terrace and it was just a beautiful evening. There's just nothing like April in Tampa. The day's are warm, but the evenings are just spectacular. Then after cleaning up, we went for a nicely paced 4 mile walk. It was just the nicest evening to be walking on Bayshore. We walked to Ballast Point and stood on the dock looking at downtown Tampa and our Condo as the sun was setting. It was just beautiful. Then we walked to the Natural Yogurt shop (how about that no Starbucks) just around the corner from our condo and we had soft frozen yogurt cones. Yummmmmy to the max. We used to do that on Sunday evenings before we went to Raleigh and we forgot how much we enjoyed our Sunday walk and Frozen Yogurt.

I must admit that after running 6 miles on Friday, the workout Saturday and the 6 mile walk on the beach Saturday night, a strong workout today and at least a 4 mile walk tonight and my legs are sore. I'll have to see if I have the strength to run tomorrow. My right knee is bothering me a bit and I may have pushed it a little too hard for an old man. LOL If I don't run, it won't kill me to take at least one day off from fitness.

Anyway, it was a glorious day for us. And I hope it was just as glorious for you too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
went up to SF and of course it was chilly and windy up there, as much as we love driving up and visiting SF, we are always sooo happy to come back down to where it's inland and warm! it was probably about a 30 degree difference, i had a hoodie and a jacket on and it was still cold with a fierce wind. but we happened upon a fabulous place we didn't know about on haight...so we ate there instead of getting mexican at this other place greg had in mind. this place is a brewery and pub with a ton of character...and turned out to have really GREAT food. greg got a cuban sandwich (he loves these and hardly anywhere has them on the menus that we find!) and i got a juicy burger with cheddar which was done just perfectly, and their fries were sooo good, fat and thick and crispy, but not too overdone. we shared a calamari dish which was just perfect, the calamari were VERY tender and it was served with a creole remoulade kind of aioli...we used it for the fries too. so many places totally overdo their calamari which is a huge pet peeve of ours. greg tried a few of their brews and loved it...he wanted me to leave him behind to drink more lol...and they also have their own brewed sodas, so i tried an orange cream. from there we walked to the music store and checked out some interesting people and shops along the way. haight is such a funny mix of trendy and just plain weird! then we walked back towards the car, and stopped in a tiny crepery and cafe and shared a nutella and banana crepe with whipped cream and a latte for me and espresso for greg. then off to the car and headed back down into the warm 80 degree sunshine of home hehe.

when we got home we took P for a 1m walk because she hadn't really had a fun outing today...and now we are chilling on the couch catching up on TiVo. anyway, hope everyone had a fabulous sunday and is ready for a new week!! rod frozen yogurt sounds yummy right now hehe.
5.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, did you know the Cuban Sandwich was created right here in Tampa? Tell Greg if he want''s a really really good Cuban, you guys need to come to Tampa and we''ll go to Ybor City, home of the original and best Cuban''s on the planet! Hint Hint!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
just wanted to check in. sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. Congrats on your anniversary, skippy! congrats on your new sub job, Kimberly! Congrats on your new car, Rod!

Things are crazy here, but going fine. I had to skip a few gym workouts last week so instead, went for walks with my dogs. Saturday I had a wonderful workout, ran 6.5 miles faster than usual! strangely enough it is my abs that are sore from it.

It has been an absolutely crazy week, and will keep on this way for about another 2 weeks - major school deadlines, major job decision, and preparing to move across town - all very stressful, all happening at once! I am trying to take it all just a moment at a time. Regrettably I''ve not been eating as healthily as usual, but still hanging in there, and have maintained my weight loss. Tonight we ran out of time to cook so picked up a take and bake pizza from costco which I added some veggies to. It was DELISH! No wonder I don''t eat it more often though - so much cheese, must be horrid for you!

Some positive food choices: Was craving a frappachino on Fri, got it, enjoyed about half, and pitched the other half. No need to keep on drinking just cuz it''s there! Today, met friends for brunch and had a small portion of pastry with large portion of fruit salad. (This place didnt have many healthy offerings, so this was among the best choices - will likely not be going back there.) Hmm... for celebratory dinner after masters thesis defense, many people went to the local greasy spoon but I talked my friends into sushi - much lighter and better tasting too in my opinion! I know I am eating too much carbs these days though. It is my stress go-to food. Must avoid!

(Jewelry note: went with some friends to great local store on same day as that sushi dinner - tried on many goodies including beverly k stacking eternity bands - MUST HAVE! They looked amazing stacked with the eternity band I already wear as a RHR.)

I am noticing that some of my clothes are getting baggy! I''ve lost about 18 lbs in total, so about 1 size. I notice my outer thighs and arms are looking leaner. If only the gut would go along with it! As soon as we get settled into the new house I look forward to returning to my normal very healthy eating routine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know this is last week''s thread now but Gail, congrats on 18 lbs total! also 1 size??? i lost a total of 20 and went from a ''full 10'' to basically a 4 though in some designers i am a 6 and others a 2. so are you sure 18 is only 1 size for you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results