shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 22nd Jan till 28th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 2:31:11 PM
Author: Becky P
Hey Rod - What''s ya''lls favorite sushi place in Raleigh? I thought it was Sushi Blues, but you mentioned that it''s your second favorite. I''m a huge sushi fan and we''ll be out visiting Raleigh again soon, so I''d like to check it out!!
Hey Becky
35.gif
Our favorite Sushi restaurant HANDS DOWN is Mura at North Hills. It''s urban, hip, cool and has just about the best Sushi we''ve had anywhere. If you go to Mura, you must ask for a Screaming Orgasm (new and not yet on the menu - but is orgasmic!) Actually, Sushi Blues is good, but Waraji is better than Sushi Blues, so I guess the ranking in our book at least is: Mura at North Hills; Waraji on Duraleigh and Glenwood; Sushi Blues Cafe on Glenwood South. Not that any of them are not good, but Mura is just excpetional. We have found some great things at Waraji, but they''re not necessarily on the menu. We found out they have rolls that are really good, but you have to know in advance about them. It took us a couple visits before our server clued us in on the secret. Finally, Sushi Blues is also good, but the service is very either really good, or really bad. And the Tempura is not so great (we do enjoy Shrimp Tempura as an appetizer). I will say that Sushi Blues has one exceptional roll and that''s the Lobster roll. It''s a pricey roll at $13.95, but it''s terrific. The real advantage to Sushi Blues is it''s location. It''s in the trendy Glenwood Avenue South area, which just happens to be2 blocks from where our new condo is located. Hope this helps!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 4:36:05 PM
Author: nejarb
1st of all, rod i give you mad props for supressing your foodiness and ever being able to actually sit down and dig on a LC for dinner. i would start crying before i got the plastic cover off. one evening a while ago when i was cooking veal picatta and linguini w/ a fresh porcinni mushroom & truffle sauce, i asked my fi why B&L (an adorable married couple we''re friends with) were so skinny and how come B bought L nice diamond studs for her b-day and i got a massage. he thought about it for a few seconds and told me without looking up from his papers ''um, i think they eat lean cuisines just about every night for dinner.'' i know it''s worth it in terms of the time, $, calories you save, but i''m not strong enough. i envy you.

on that note, i should probably be off to the gym now b/c i put it off this morning. i totally wasn''t planning on going an hour ago, but reading the WWT and reminding myself why i''m not a skinny girl in the first place has pretty much motivated me to change my mind. i think i''ll at least walk over to the gym, 9 blocks. once i''m there, it would be silly not to go in.
Nejarb.........Your fiance''s response was funny!! I don''t eat LC''s because they''re inexpensive. I just eat them after a really long day, followed by a really long workout and when I don''t get home until well after 9 PM, I just can''t handle cooking anything, so a five minute in the microwave Lean Cuisine is better (perhaps) than a bowl of cereal. LOL But, they do wear thin (pun intended) after a while and that''s why this week, I wound up having salads almost every night.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Team PS!

It was Sushi night followed by Starbucks Coffee and a desert, just as planned. As usual, it was all terrific. It was also the coldest day we''ve had in Raleigh all winter. My blood must be thickening as I found it rather invigorating. I got to wear a beautiful new heavy sweater plus my new heavier winter coat I bougth from Talbot''s Men a couple of weeks ago and for the first time since moving from Tampa, I enjoyed the cold of it all.

We don''t really have any plans for the weekend. I hope to sleep a little later tomorrow (anything past 8 AM is a wonderful luxury to me), then we''ll have our cars washed, have some lunch and hit the gym. I like the gym much better on the weekends. It''s particularly nice during the afternoons. We rarely have to wait for any machines and we can work out a bit harder and longer without having someone waiting for whatever we''re working. We also do a bit more core strengthening on weekends. There is a large separate room that we can often use all by ourselves that is perfect for planks, situps and pushups. We do pushups on an uneven surface, which requires strong core strength and extra concentration. It''s nice to be able to do that without distraction. Then we move onto machines, then free weights and then the elliptical. Plus it seems the people who work out on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon are the same people we always see working out. They''re often the real dedicated people. They''re surely not the newbies running around with their "I''m a Newbie Card" with pictures of the machines they should be using. I know I was once a Newbie, but I don''t think I ever ran around the gym with one of those cards in my hand trying to figure out what I should be doing next.

I''ll check in throughout the weekend, but hope everyone is planning and fun and healthy weekend.

Take care,
Rod

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
I went to the gym! and did a good cardio workout but skipped the weights b/c the after work set was starting to crowd up the place. I''ll catch up this weekend on that. me and my guy are going to our favorite sushi place now--we haven''t been there in a while. I always assumed sushi was low cal and super healthy, so we always just order whatever we want and keep ordering until we can''t eat anymore...but you guys have set me straight about sushi. so we''ll be careful tonight.

oh, by the way, I just lost a stone from my ring and posted about it on rocky talky, so if anyone knows what to do in this situation, check out that post and help me out! thanks.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 6:20:34 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Hello to the newcomers from a fairly newcomer too!

LOL! I get the same thing too, and that was instrumental to me not having that piece of divine chocolate mud cake yday.
lol I did splurge a couple nights ago, we were given a small cheesecake. So I cut a piece, and all of a sudden, there you all were, so I cut my piece in half and put half back.
39.gif
9.gif

Skippy, I''m watchin you too.
11.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday Evening All!

Eph~welcome!

Everyone continues to be doing very well, great work, team.

We just got back from the desert (my grandfather was interred today) and seeing some family members I haven''t in years. Many of them hadn''t seen me since I lost my weight, so they were a bit suprised. It was kind of funny to see reactions as the before and after are so extreme. I''ll have to post a picture sometime.

Food-wise I did really well. I will end up averaging about 1600 calories a day this week as oppsed to 1500, but that''s decent and I feel good. Looking forward to getting back on the elliptical tomorrow.

Have a nice night all.

~K

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ate OK today...lots of rice. Being Korean, once in a while, I must eat my rice!!!

Even though Australia Day has passed in Oz, today is the 26th, so I like to do something for TGuy for the holiday. So I tucked all your little faces away in the back of my brain long enough to fry up some lamb chops and serve it up with potato salad. I didn''t eat too much of it, but it was definitely a splurge. And we still have the chocolate cake I bought left to eat. At least I didn''t drink any of the Aussie beer I brought home for him!

Pilates class was awesome...much more cardio than usual. Keep up the good work everyone, even if it means continuing to eat those LCs...haha...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Back from the gym!

I burned 500 calories today, and noticed that my heart rate is not shooting up as high anymore, and also my HR is coming down rather quickly once I cooled down. My trainer says that''s a sign that I''m getting fitter?

Mara I baked those banana berry muffins again last nite, and had a big one for brekkie this morning at 8am (I baked 2 trays, one had 12 muffins and the other 6 muffins) and it kept me full till 1.30pm. I baked this batch with all wholemeal flour (i forgot to mix half white flour with it), and it was a bit more chewy than the first batch I baked, but I prefer the chewiness so it worked out fine. Summer is crazy here - last wk we had 42degrees celsius days, and today was 14 degrees celsius and rainy.

Ohh and I noticed my heels do lift a little bit when I''m on the elliptical!

TGal - what about cricket? You''ve got the beers and lamb chops, but an aussie male needs his cricket (according to hubby!)!

Ellen - we had lunch at a cafe this afternoon after my workout, and I went for the grilled chicken spinach salad with roasted mushrooms, AND I DID NOT HAVE SWEETS AFTERWARDS. Woohoo!! Did I mention when u guys pop into my mind it''s usually your avatars bouncing around? LMAO!

Have a great wkend everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol you guys are cracking me up about the ''i''m watching you''...i do tend to think of WWT''ers when i am splurging sometimes going ''uh oh i have to write about this later'', lol. and sometimes greg will tell me ''you know you have to tell your workout friends about eating XYZ later!!''...haha. i just laugh.

snacked on some cranberry pumpkin bread and 1/2 a fiber muffin this afternoon, and then had our pizzas...yummy. i finally got the margherita one...it wasn''t at my other TJ''s...and greg''s mom had it. we had a bite, yum! i got an extra one for us this week. but man i just love greg''s cornmeal crust, i keep sneaking little bites.
3.gif

dessert will be slow churned ice cream or a chocolate brownie cookie or something...we''ll see! have a great friday evening everyone! tomorrow morning we are doing our walk/run. i felt a little rough today with my stomach from last nite''s splurge...i think being so bloated didn''t help my stomach lining swelling at all so i''ve been a bit more sore today. hopefully tomorrow i feel okay for my walk. i''ve been looking fwd to it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:44:06 PM

TGal - what about cricket? You''ve got the beers and lamb chops, but an aussie male needs his cricket (according to hubby!)!
Our cable provider doesn''t offer it.
8.gif
I tried everything when the Ashes were on, to no avail. Poor TGuy just watched the live stats on the web. We couldn''t even watch the feed online because ABC (I think were the ones who had it) would only allow taking the feed from within Australia. I felt bad for him...TGuy loves cricket.
15.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 10:47:02 PM
Author: Mara
lol you guys are cracking me up about the 'i'm watching you'...i do tend to think of WWT'ers when i am splurging sometimes going 'uh oh i have to write about this later', lol. and sometimes greg will tell me 'you know you have to tell your workout friends about eating XYZ later!!'...haha. i just laugh.

snacked on some cranberry pumpkin bread and 1/2 a fiber muffin this afternoon, and then had our pizzas...yummy. i finally got the margherita one...it wasn't at my other TJ's...and greg's mom had it. we had a bite, yum! i got an extra one for us this week. but man i just love greg's cornmeal crust, i keep sneaking little bites.
3.gif

dessert will be slow churned ice cream or a chocolate brownie cookie or something...we'll see! have a great friday evening everyone! tomorrow morning we are doing our walk/run. i felt a little rough today with my stomach from last nite's splurge...i think being so bloated didn't help my stomach lining swelling at all so i've been a bit more sore today. hopefully tomorrow i feel okay for my walk. i've been looking fwd to it.
It's true......I think about having to report what I did and ate and I know after all the harpings I've had on eating healthy and never missing a workout, I think, I can't eat that, or I can't miss going to the gym........LOL

Mara: While I have reintroduced most foods (with moderation and still no fried foods) into my pretty restricted diet, I still have a mental issue with pizza. Odd, I know, but believe me when I say pizza was one of the reasons I was a fat person. I knew no moderation where pizza was concerned, and often had two or more slices of pepperoni pizza several times a week. It's been a long long time since I had pizza, but mentally, I'm afraid that if I ate a slice, I'd gain like 40 pounds and I wouldn't be able to stop eating. That's Rod's nightmare I suppose, but sometimes it's not a bad thing to live with some food phobias.........LOL

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not ''fraid of you guys! I''m eating chocolate cake right now and lovin'' it! A girl''s gotta splurge once in a while...
13.gif

Rod, that''s interesting...I do understand though. I have a soda phobia...I used to drink so much of it, and now I won''t have as much as a drop.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 11:16:06 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''m not ''fraid of you guys! I''m eating chocolate cake right now and lovin'' it! A girl''s gotta splurge once in a while...
13.gif

Rod, that''s interesting...I do understand though. I have a soda phobia...I used to drink so much of it, and now I won''t have as much as a drop.
I used to wash those pizza slices down with Coke and not diet coke and the bigger the better. It''s been over 2 years since I had a soft drink of any kind. So, I''m with you on the softdrink phobia too!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod I hear you on the certain foods kinda thing...but you guys should try these TJ pizzas. First off they are personal sized, so they cut nicely into 4 mini slices per person. So there is a ''finite'' amount. It''s not like getting a large for $9.99 for 2 people kinda thing. We typically have a fresh green salad with them (100 cals or similar, just romaine, some parm cheese and balsamic), and the salad and pizza fills us up. My pizza that I get is 440 cals and 12g of fat for the entire pizza. It''s chicken, artichoke and mushrooms. I really love it. It''s a way for me to have pizza without having to succumb to get the local pizza place pizza which is more like 250-400 cals per slice of pizza and gosh only knows how many fat grams per slice! Greg gets a pizza with sausage and pepper and cheese on a yummy cornmeal crust that is about 780 cals for the whole pizza, definitely way more calories than mine or than I''d want to eat for a pizza...but I take a small piece of his and give him a bit of mine so I can have a pizza splurge kinda thing. But yes there are healthier versions of pizza out there...so if you DO have a craving for pizza, find your local TJ''s!! I think I read online that Cary has one. Also they have another 450ish cal one which is portabello mushrooms and cheese. And today the margherita basil and mozz cheese one that I got for Greg''s Mom is 540 cals per pizza, so again, a really nice dinner with a salad and not too much higher than a LC!

There''s my pizza plug for the day! hehee. LOL TG re eating the cake. We had a small glass of moscato tonite for dessert while playing monopoly and I had a scoop of double churned with some sugar free hersheys syrup (15 cals for 2 tablespoons, I just had about 1 tablespoon)...the sugar free HS doesn''t taste totally like the original but they both taste artifical to me so it''s just a fun way to get a bit more chocolate flavor in with my ice cream and not have a bunch of cals or fat.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 9:26:22 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/26/2007 6:20:34 PM
Hello to the newcomers from a fairly newcomer too!

LOL! I get the same thing too, and that was instrumental to me not having that piece of divine chocolate mud cake yday.
lol I did splurge a couple nights ago, we were given a small cheesecake. So I cut a piece, and all of a sudden, there you all were, so I cut my piece in half and put half back.
39.gif
9.gif

11.gif
Classic!!! Had another hour cardio last night, so I am feeling most virtuous!!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Food phobias
15.gif

Got me thinking about meatloaf!
Got extreme food poisoning in college from meatloaf. To this day, I won''t eat meatloaf but
have no problem eating meat in any other shape or form.

Friday''s workout at the gym went well. Yesterday''s temps were below 10 degrees (coldest day in 2 years) and the gym
was busier than usual. Everyone was trying to stay warm.

Enjoy your weekend and KEEP ON TRACKin

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:44:06 PM

Ellen - we had lunch at a cafe this afternoon after my workout, and I went for the grilled chicken spinach salad with roasted mushrooms, AND I DID NOT HAVE SWEETS AFTERWARDS. Woohoo!! Did I mention when u guys pop into my mind it''s usually your avatars bouncing around? LMAO!

Have a great wkend everyone!
LOL!!!
9.gif

Good for you!
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 4:51:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

39.gif
9.gif

11.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
It really was kinda funny, I was NOT happy with you people.
9.gif

Glad you got your workout!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2007 8:28:03 AM

Date: 1/27/2007 4:51:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

39.gif
9.gif

11.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
It really was kinda funny, I was NOT happy with you people.
9.gif

Glad you got your workout!
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, have I missed your post, or have you not gotten the blood test results back yet??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 9:18:11 AM
Mara, have I missed your post, or have you not gotten the blood test results back yet??
Ellen she just said she would call me IF there was something wrong, before I got the tests back (typically in the mail which can take up to 10ish days).

So I am assuming since I have not had some urgent phone call from her that nothing was found. Which I''m definitely pleased about in general! Thanks for asking...I think that as each day passes I feel more and more like I probably have gastritis as Lisa thinks, now that I am more aware of what the other symptoms are (bitter/sore mouth, esophagus tightness/pain, feeling of chest fullness after eating along with pain in the abdominals, gas etc)..it feels more like that to me for sure and NOT IBS. So we''ll see what these 14 day meds do...!! I do typically feel better daily, I just think that big meal the other night strained my stomach and upset it. So I''m doing smaller ones now more often and I''m also taking an antacid in between.

Today is our 5k walk and Greg''s 10m run (my family does this one every year in this small town about 35 min from us)...but it''s POURING out!!!! Yikes. But Greg still wants to do it and a little pouring rain never deterred my athletic father either so they are definitely doing it. The women in the family who typically walk or run the 5k might sit this one out and let the boys go for it...hahaa. I''m kind of disappointed as I really wanted to walk the 5k...since it''s an annual thing but I hate walking in pouring rain, it''s not fun at all and for me I like doing it because it''s fun to walk with my sister...and if we are both miserable, why?! So we''ll see. If it''s not pouring when we get down to this town, maybe we will still walk. In any case...have a wonderful Sat everyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All,

Mara: Sorry you might be rained out of your walk, ,that''s disappointing, I''m sure.

Today is a workout day and I''m going to make a nice dinner and just stay close to home.

Hope everyone has a great day.

~K

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone..

I hope everyone''s weekends have started out nicely.

After pigging out yesterday (it was sooo good.. but I beat myself up pretty bad about it.. now I''m over it!!!) I got up and went to the gym this morning and did a 1 hour aerobics/body sculpting class.. it was a GREAT workout. Everyone at the gym knows I''m getting married in two months.. and have started pushing me pretty hard. The instructor for the class snatched my normal green band out of my hand and handed me a red one... (bigger resistance!) and said "2months Jade.. lets kick it up!!"

I spoke with the instructor after class, as my weight-loss has kind of stalled and I need to find a way to jumpstart things again.. and she told me to ditch the spin classes.. and really start focusing on my running (which I am trying sooo hard at). So, I will keep my body sculpting and aerobics classes the same, Monday, Wednesday and Friday... and keep my running day thursday.. but I might push this week to run after my body sculpting class on monday/wednesday and then run home from work either Tuesday or Friday.

That will give me 4 days of running... I dont know.. I have always hated running.. and now that I am doing it again... I am addicted to the results I see every morning, but the thought of running 4 times a week.. well.. it makes my shins ache just thinking about it...

But I will give it a try this coming week!

Hope everyones weekends are going well!! Good luck to everyone on the last two days of the week!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, good news!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders it sounds like you are doing great, stick with it. 2 months to go, that is very exciting! If I can add my experience from losing on Weight Watchers... then falling off the bandwagon and getting back on months later, I can add some ideas about what can stall us on WW.

1) Get those 5 servings of fruit/vegetables. Technically we can use our pts however we want, but I do know from experience that I am losing much better when I am hitting that fruit/veggie target.

2) No bites and mouthfuls or a few of this without logging it! This is what I am the worst about! It really does add up. This time on WW someone told me "if you bite it, write it!" so I think about whether I want to write something down just because I took a bite

3) Be careful with activity points. So many people overestimate them! My friend gives herself 5 AP''s for an hour on the elliptical... when I calculate it for me, it''s 3. That''s at "moderate intensity" even though it''s really probably high intensity. I would recommend eating your target pts every day, using flexies as you see, and maybe hanging onto your APs to see how your weigh in goes. Exercise for the health of it!

I hope that helps a teeny bit? It sounds like you are doing so great on exercise! 2 months to go, you''ll be looking hot!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo so just had to report in and say that it was not raining in that small town, it was actually sunny and pretty clear so i walked
36.gif
...i did my 3m in 45 minutes so 15 minute miles and i felt really good doing it! it felt SO GOOD to be out and active and be listening to my iPod and have it be a nice sunny warmish day. the air was cold but the sun kept you warm. so according to my HRM (which i wear when i do these kinds of walks) i burned 400 cals in about 50 minutes total. not bad...and the biggest calorie burn i have had in weeks, lol. and afterwards i felt good too. at lunch we all shared nachos, and i shared a mexican meatball soup with my sister, and then got a children''s bean and cheese burrito with some rice, and drank an iced tea. it was amazing because i was getting really full and now i am paranoid about overeating and feeling horrible again so i stopped when i felt kind of full and then within 5 minutes i felt really full. so i was glad i stopped even though the b&c burrito was seriously yummy. but honestly this whole ''don''t overeat'' thing might come in handy because now i am really required to listen to my body about stopping because if i eat too much i will get that really uncomfortable too full chest feeling from the whole gastro upset. so better to eat smaller meals for sure.

then we walked around and did some boutique shopping..and came home. now we''re just going to hang out and rest for a few hours..and then go get some sushi with greg''s mom at at our fave place later this evening. i don''t know how much of a sushi person she is, but she''s adventurous and there are cooked rolls we love too so we''ll just do a bunch of fun sharing. and good thing about sushi too is that it''s typically it''s harder for me to overeat because we try not to over-order. it''s not like you get a 12oz steak and mashed potatoes and a big thing of veggies, it''s much more portion conscious with it''s ala-carte kinda feel with rolls and fresh fish etc.

then tomorrow morning i will probably make us some blueberry buttermilk pancakes here at home for her last real morning with us. Though we did hit up this awesome bakery in this small town and got some danish cinammon bread (fresh!) so i might try my hand at some cinammon french toast for tomorrow morning instead of pancakes.

whee, sounds like everyone is doing great and having a great weekend!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My confession: I have accomplished a whole lot of nothing in regards to exercise today. I spent 4 hours or so working on school and am just mentally absolutely exhausted and unmotivated. I have not had a do nothing day since the first week in December, except when I was sick, and I think between my grandfather''s death, John''s mom being in the hospital for 4 weeks, school, getting my emergency credential and two trips all in one month''s time I have finally hit a wall. A lot of the month has been fun, but it''s just been constant motion and comotion and I just needed a bit of a break.

So I''ll have burned 1500 calories this week, which is not to shabby by any means, and I''m just going to be proud of that instead of feeling bad that I just can''t get moving today.

We''re having beef tenderloin in a port wine reduction sauce for dinner w/ some veggies and a fruit salad. It''s a CL recipe and I''ll be under my calories for the day.

Tomorrow night we are going out to a new restaurant (3 nights in one week, really unusual for us, but John needs as much of a break as I do, if not more, and eating out is his favorite thing, so I didn''t feel I could say no when he asked if we could go).

Enjoy the rest of your time with your MIL, Mara.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sushi nite for us too! And I managed to get to the gym on a saturday...shocking! Only the dedicated there today..hehehe. Burned 600 cal on the eliptical....

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you on the Pizza Mara, and I suppose we'll have to see if there is a TJ's in Cary, but Cary is like another county from the area of Raleigh we live in. Actually Cary is one of those "new" American town types of communities. It's perfectly manicured and just too 'perfect' for us. I call it Disneyesque. Lot's and lot's of people live there in beautiful communities of all brick, traditional homes, with a shopping center at the entrance to each intersection, with a requisite grocery store, a bank, a coffee shop, an icre-cream shop and lot's and lot's of Stepford people. LOL I'm sure it's a great place to raise a family (hint hint, you and Greg might like Cary), but it's surely not for us. Anyway, off the subject, sorry. I'll try to get over my Pizza fear, but have been doing pretty well without it. Also, glad to hear you were able to do your walk and the weather cooperated for you.

We had a really good day. The weather was just beautiful. After the coldest day Raleigh's had all winter yesterday, it went up to the upper 50's this afternoon. Funny how that feels warm now that we've lived up here for a couple months......LOL We had our cars washed and they say the weather will last for at least a few days. Last weekend we had our cars washed on Saturday, only to have it rain on Sunday. Then we went to the mall and took advantage of the sales at Macy's and Hudson Belk. Of course we went to the gym and worked out the rest of the afternoon. It was a great workout. As I said in yesterdays thread, afternoons on Saturday and Sunday are the best time at the gym. Only the really serious are there and you don't have to wait for machines. The end result is we get more accomlished. For the last couple of workouts we've been changing how what we're doing on the elliptical. Instead of 45 minutes, we've been cutting it down to 35 minutes, but trying to accomplish in 35 minutes what we used to accomplish in 45 minutes. So far, it's working. And I can really feel the burn in my legs, which is something I had lost over time as my body adjusted to the same routine. Of course, it means that I have to push the levels pretty hard, and travel the same distance in less time, and burn as many calories, but It's proving effective right now.

Then we came home, changed and went to a hip, trendy restaurant walking distance from where our new condo is (or will be once we move there) and we had a great meal. I started with a pure lump crab cake, then for my entre, I had rotisserie grilled tenderloin (so tender only a fork was needed to cut it), twice baked potato out of the skin and grilled aparagus. It wasn't a huge meal, but was just enough food (though I only ate half the twice baked potato). After dinner we walked to Starbucks just around the corner and had a cup of coffee and we split a brownie (yumm) for desert. Finally, just to see how long a walk it would be to where we're moving from Starbucks (important to know......LOL), we walked to the condo and we realized it's actually a short walk. They're still finishing the lobby in the condo and it's turning out beautiful. The stone floors are down and they're doing Ventian Plaster on the walls, which is just stunning. We're so anxious to sell our place in Tampa and get settled up here. Oh well..........

Now, we're home with the kitties on our laps!!

Hope you all had a great Saturday and are looking forward to an even better Sunday!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results