shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st August to 28th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monnie
35.gif

SMOKE FREE ONE MONTH!!!!

I tell you though, I so wanted a cig yesterday when that happened and I had a rearing horse waving his sore foot. But I didn't I have to tell myself that a cig won't make a problem go away. Blast, I never know what I am in for when his foot is sore, or how long I will have to fight it. I hate it so much and feel so bad for him. Hubby says I overreact big time, but I can't help it.
8.gif

I am going to seek out my CD's in a sec then go and tread.

Good luck Mara and Monnie with the detox, may those scales have a nice downward shift for you Mara and Monnie.

I stepped on the scales finally as Hub left them in the bathroom, put it this way I was pleased with what they said, but they won't shift down yet either. I am going to have to chuck them out
16.gif

Also Mara, MAJOR kudos on the 6 workouts, thats brilliant and you will soon see a downshift!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

With the all new Detox Thread can we pop in and offer encouragement??
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok used the treadmill for half an hour and it went really well.

The machine is nice and sturdy, also we chose a model with a wider platform which was a good move. I was very comfortable on it, did some running too!

The console is large and easy to read and use. It has 7 preset progs plus 2 user set ones. It also has a 3 HP motor rather than 2.5 which seems to be the norm here, for a longer life and reliability hopefully.

The only downsides I can see is I have to increase the speed to 6 mph instead of 3.5 - 4 which is the speed I normally use for walking, also the incline at 15% isn''t quite as steep as the Life Fitness one in the gym. The pulse rate seems inaccurate so far as I was sweating up a storm and would estimate my heart rate at being around 130, it was saying 82
33.gif

But all these things aside, I think we got a good machine and I am pleased with it! See what Hubby thinks later...

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/26/2006 4:32:06 AM
Author: Lorelei

The machine is nice and sturdy, also we chose a model with a wider platform which was a good move. I was very comfortable on it, did some running too!

The console is large and easy to read and use. It has 7 preset progs plus 2 user set ones. It also has a 3 HP motor rather than 2.5 which seems to be the norm here, for a longer life and reliability hopefully.

The only downsides I can see is I have to increase the speed to 6 mph instead of 3.5 - 4 which is the speed I normally use for walking, also the incline at 15% isn''t quite as steep as the Life Fitness one in the gym. The pulse rate seems inaccurate so far as I was sweating up a storm and would estimate my heart rate at being around 130, it was saying 82
33.gif

But all these things aside, I think we got a good machine and I am pleased with it! See what Hubby thinks later...
Sounds great! I''m anxious to get started on the treadmill at the gym. I''ll probably stop in on Sunday.

Everyone is really moving ahead..each at his/her own pace and in a different way. What a great group
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2006 8:40:12 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 8/26/2006 4:32:06 AM
Author: Lorelei

The only downsides I can see is I have to increase the speed to 6 mph instead of 3.5 - 4 which is the speed I normally use for walking, also the incline at 15% isn't quite as steep as the Life Fitness one in the gym. The pulse rate seems inaccurate so far as I was sweating up a storm and would estimate my heart rate at being around 130, it was saying 82
33.gif

Sounds great! I'm anxious to get started on the treadmill at the gym. I'll probably stop in on Sunday.

moving ahead..each at his/her oEveryone is really wn pace and in a different way. What a great group
2.gif
I agree totally Jeff!!

The elliptical is here and Hub is putting it together, so more toys to play with! I really enjoyed my treadmill session this morning, actually I find it more fun that the elliptical, also I am pleased with my running on it too! You will enjoy the treadmill Jeff, you would be surprised at how it benefits you so fast.

Speaking of the group, I have Mara, Monarch and Coda to thank for my starting to workout. They so inspired me, thinking of what busy ladies they are and THEY find time, I can find the time and I feel so much better for it. I also notice a real difference when shifting horse bedding and hay bales, my strength is increasing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh SIXTH WORKOUT COMPLETED!!!

and i am sooo ready for a rest. i forgot to eat something before i headed out for the workout but i was amazingly strong even with no food in my belly, and i didn't get lightheaded at all which was great. when i got home and cleaned up (and gave princess p a bath too) i ate some 'optimum rebound' banana flax almond cereal from whole foods with a ton of protein, and mixed it with some of my latest craze, the mango passion from 'peace cereal' from whole foods...the two together are super tasty.

i don't have much to do today as greg is off working on his other baby, his power wagon, for the morning and afternoon, so i plan to just do some house cleaning (in intervals of course!) and then lay around on the couch watching crap Saturday movies from the 80's. hehee.

go miss lorelei, the treadmill sounds like just what you need!! and with your own little workout room and stereo going on, you guys will have a blast. sorry to hear about the horse troubles. and KUDOS on resisting the cigarette urge and for coming so darn far!!! it's really great!

monarch, i am going to check out that wild oats website for vegan recipes and also check out whole foods too, i'm sure they have some stuff too to recommend. the funny thing is that in general i already am eating pretty healthy and natural like for breakfast and snacks...so it's mostly continuing what i am doing now and just doing no dairy, no meat, no processed/salty/sweet foods. oh and monnie, edamame with no salt is actually not bad, it's just a little bland. nothing horrible. for potatoes, you could also cut them into strips with the skin on and then put some olive oil and herbs on them (i read in that thing that fresh herbs were allowed?) and then bake them. that's the equivalent of the frozen ones i eat but totally natural and fresh.

so lettuce is allowed then right? i won't die if i can have salads.
9.gif
thanks for the kudos lorelei!! and yes please do encourage us in the detox thread...i figure we'll need it..hehee. like when chocolate starts to sound really good around day two or three!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara
35.gif

Thankfully horsie is doing much better, I think it was one of those things that hurt a bit temporarily, but hopefully there won't be any lasting effects from it. That horse would drive anyone to smoke...
32.gif
He is my baby and he is very spoiled and mollycoddled!

Had a great workout this morning Hubby and I with Shakatak blasting as I dug out my CD's. Did 20 mins on the treadmill and 20 on the elliptical. Really pleased with that too, it is made by Nordic Track, the pedals are a bit steeper than the Life Fitness ones, but I feel it puts me in a better position than the gym one - I stand straighter on it. It has the preset and user set programmes, a good console which is easy to use and read, plus a little fan in it!
3.gif
So I am very happy with it, nice and comfortable to use and it gave me a great workout too! Hubby is delighted with our purchases and it is so nice to walk out of the back door and have it all there!

Next on the list is a weight machine
31.gif

Good luck with the detox Mara and Monnie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good luck today Jeff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results