shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st August to 28th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well rod i would be a skeleton but i bet that THE SCALE WOULD FINALLY MOVE!
39.gif

hehee. just kidding of course. this morning when i took P for her walk, we did a route that we used to do alot before when i was not working out 6 days a week or even 4 days and we walk by a bunch of store windows which act as mirrors and i would always look at my profile and think UGH i am so not as fit as i think i am when i am not LOOKING at my profile...aka out of sight out of mind kinda thing, or like when you think you look great but then see a picture of yourself and think UGH what was i thinking...but today i walked by and looked at the window and saw my profile, and i thought wow i look thinner and more fit, definitely!! so that perked me up.
36.gif

lol re not loving the hummus. i don''t love ALL hummus, definitely not, i''ve had some bad hummus and i could see how if you have not had great hummus you''d think meh. but the TJ''s hummus is the BEST i have really ever had and the spicy is divine. totally flavorful and hits the spot. maybe a little TOO well!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2006 3:16:40 PM
Author: Mara
well rod i would be a skeleton but i bet that THE SCALE WOULD FINALLY MOVE!
39.gif

hehee. just kidding of course. this morning when i took P for her walk, we did a route that we used to do alot before when i was not working out 6 days a week or even 4 days and we walk by a bunch of store windows which act as mirrors and i would always look at my profile and think UGH i am so not as fit as i think i am when i am not LOOKING at my profile...aka out of sight out of mind kinda thing, or like when you think you look great but then see a picture of yourself and think UGH what was i thinking...but today i walked by and looked at the window and saw my profile, and i thought wow i look thinner and more fit, definitely!! so that perked me up.
36.gif

lol re not loving the hummus. i don''t love ALL hummus, definitely not, i''ve had some bad hummus and i could see how if you have not had great hummus you''d think meh. but the TJ''s hummus is the BEST i have really ever had and the spicy is divine. totally flavorful and hits the spot. maybe a little TOO well!
3.gif
I''ll have to take your word on that Mara!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/24/2006 7:42:50 AM
Author: Lorelei
Tomorrow is gym day Jeff? Good luck with that!
35.gif
Also I will try some of your suggestions to fit exercise into my daily routines, as well as the gym stuff. BTW what is a medicine ball?
34.gif
Thanks Lorelei for your well wishes!

Here''s your answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicine_ball

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Taught an early morning Step Aerobics class today... it was good, not my fave format, but a good workout nonetheless. I think I''ve become a big fan of early morning exercising. It really is a great way to start the day, and I''m not a morning person at all!
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy friends, just checking in again.

Biked 5 mins (1mile) to work this morning and walked to the bus stop and from the bus stop to my chiropracter this afternoon, probably 10 mins of walking or so. Not to mention teaching a 3 hour lab.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
everyone is doing fabulously...!!! kudos to all!

i worked out tonite...whew!! 4th workout of the week...i was pretty tired today but i wore greg''s heart rate monitor and he set it up for my weight and height and i wore it. so according to it, in my 35 minute class, i burned 345 calories and my average heart rate was 150. so then i went home and i did 200 jumping jacks like i do sometimes, it took me 7 minutes (i do like 30-40 and then walk for a minute then continue), and according to the monitor i burned 65 calories and had an average heart rate of 151. interesting! so i know it''s not 1000% accurate but at least now i know in general how much i am burning and how hard i am working out! i could do a bit more, my max was 173 and i could go up to 185. and i''d like to see my average a little higher in the future.

i burn about 350 at the gym with my walking days so i figure if i do about 350 on average 6x a week, that''s not bad for calorie burnage for 6 days! hehe.
tomorrow i go to the gym..!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hope it''s OK if I join up -
I love exercise and am very active. I guess my problem is eating - I do well most of the time but the occasional indulgence, especially social situations where everyone is eating, is keeping me from my goals! So I am watching my calories closely right now. My body is very resistant to losing weight and I need to drop about 20 pounds.
Ran 50 min on the treadmill today and also walked about 45 min. Grilled up a healthy portabella mushroom with swiss on whole wheat bun with sweet potato (half) for dinner.

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
It looks like most everyone squeezed in a workout today. Excellent. I made it out on my bike ride although it wasn't until the evening and I spent more time than I should have looking at flowers that I would like to photograph than breathing hard. I signed up for a trail run on Saturday so there is a guaranteed workout.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course it is alright if you join in Gail
35.gif

Thanks for the info on the ball Jeff, maybe I will get me one some time....
27.gif
Good luck today with the gym too!

Well I visited the gym for the last time for a while this morning as the treadmill should be here soon! The elliptical should be here on Tues so I will just use the treadmill at home until that arrives.

Got up to 20 on the ellip for the last few mins and did a little running on the treadmill - get me!
3.gif
HA HA!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DING DONG

the treadmills'' here
3.gif

the treadmills'' here
30.gif

the treadmills'' here
31.gif

DING DONG

my treadmill is here!!!
emsmilep.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone has a great weekend. No gym for us the next three days, since we'll be out of town. My family is NOT into fitness. Instead, food is a marathon sport, so pray for me that I make it through the weekend without gaining weight.

I'll be thinking about everyone and hoping you're doing well.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all! Glad to see all of your progress yesterday. Rod - you''ve got my support for no weight gain! Lorelei - congrats, enjoy your treadmill! And don''t neglect it when your elliptical arrives
2.gif

Today, I will be walking 15 mins to work, doing yoga for an hour, and biking home for 5 mins.

I''m rather pleased, after only 2 yoga classes, my legs and abdomen are feeling and looking tighter and even with my (ahem, TMI, sorry boys) feminine concerns this week, I''ve managed to lose a pound! However, if I keep up this week''s chocolate intake (2.5 bars and counting), I''ll gain it back and then some, so here''s asking for encouragement to drop the chocolate habit for at least the next 3 weeks. Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a great weekend and a good feed Rod, you deserve it
35.gif

Ha JC, I won''t neglect the treadmill, especially as the elliptical arrives TOMORROW!!!
3.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 9:21:35 AM
Author: JCJD
However, if I keep up this week''s chocolate intake (2.5 bars and counting), I''ll gain it back and then some, so here''s asking for encouragement to drop the chocolate habit for at least the next 3 weeks. Thanks!
JCJD, I gave up candy bars a few months ago, and I don''t even miss them anymore. The first few weeks were rough because I used to have a candy bar 5 days a week. But now I don''t miss them at all. I occasionally get a craving, but I can almost always overcome it. So, you can drop the chocolate habit. I didn''t believe people who said I wouldn''t crave it anymore, but it''s true.

I feel like you, Mara. I got on the scale last night for the first time in 3 weeks, and I''ve lost one measly pound! I''ve been running my butt off and trying to watch what I''m eating, and I''ve lost one pound. I admit to cheating sometimes, but I thought all the running would overcome that. Well, obviously it doesn''t, and I''m going to have to really start watching what I''m eating. How discouraging! I remember the days, not that long ago, that I could lose weight so easily.

Oh well, at least it''s the weekend. I had a good run of 6 miles last night, will do my 3 mile run today, and on Sunday I''m going to try and do an 8 mile run if my legs aren''t too sore.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2006 1:15:51 AM
Author: gailrmv
hope it''s OK if I join up -
I love exercise and am very active. I guess my problem is eating - I do well most of the time but the occasional indulgence, especially social situations where everyone is eating, is keeping me from my goals! So I am watching my calories closely right now. My body is very resistant to losing weight and I need to drop about 20 pounds.
Ran 50 min on the treadmill today and also walked about 45 min. Grilled up a healthy portabella mushroom with swiss on whole wheat bun with sweet potato (half) for dinner.
Hi Gail! Welcome to the workout thread! I remember you from a previous thread you posted on weight loss...
1.gif
I agree, it is tough to lose weight when you''re in social situations...my problem isn''t the food, but usually the drinks, lol!

I did manage to lose almost 19 pounds this spring/early summer...unfortunately I fell off the wagon for a few weeks and have gained back 5 of those pounds!
7.gif
I knew they would creep back on due to my recent eating habits, just didn''t realize it would be that quick. The scale confirmed it this morning, so I can deny it no longer. I know part of it is TTOTM water retention, and I''ve been craving salty foods all week...but I am definitely back on the wagon now!

I was talking about goals and how important it is for me to have timelines and things to work towards for my weight loss in a post the other day...I managed to compile a short term list (next few months):

September 8,9,10--fun weekend with DH for our 3rd anniversary--goal weight loss of 5 lbs.
October ?--trip to Phoenix with DH for R&R with family/friends--goal weight loss of 5 lbs.
November ?--by Thanksgiving--goal weight loss of 5 lbs.

So, by Thanksgiving my goal is to lose another 15 lbs. After that, my goal will be to maintain that weight through Christmas (horrors!!!) because we''re going to Jamaica in January or February next year...
10.gif

My "healthy choice" for today is that in lieu of our usual dinner and drinks on Friday night, DH and I are going to have a quick, healthy dinner at home and go see an early movie (no popcorn or Coke for me, thanks!). We''ll be home early, and I can get a good night''s sleep and wake up early tomorrow for a nice long walk!

35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know coda, doesn't it just make you want to scream?

one of my friends who lost like 35 lbs a few years ago said that sometimes she would not lose for a while and if she just kept at it, suddenly like 5 or 6 lbs would drop off suddenly. i HOPE that happens. but anyway at least i am more FIT. i know i look fine, i look pretty good now actually since i have gained a fair amount of muscle, but i wouldn't mind looking a little bit better of course. the other night greg said my butt was getting more bony. i was like thanks honey what a great compliment. he didn't think so...hahha!

so speaking of TTOTM...mine is next week...wah!! double wah since i am going to be on that detox thing so no matter what i crave, i can't have it unless it's fruit. hehee. so i'm sure i will be such a joy to be around but i figure okay 5 days...i can do it. I CAN DO IT! i think i may scale back the workouts next week because i am already usually more tired that week and with the restrictive eating schedule i may be more tired and i don't feel like pushing myself too hard if that is the case. so i may do like 4 workouts instead of 6. still good. i can also get more walking in around the neighborhoods in since that does not take that much of an energy expension like the gym or kbox does.

so monarch, should we start a separate thread next week about the detox thing so that the WWT's who are not doing it don't have to listen to us whine and complain? hehe then also if we have Q's about meals or similar we can ask them in there etc. thoughts?

welcome gail, i remember your thread also about it being hard to lose weight even though you were already really active. i read something recently about plateau'ing and basically the article said that you have to both add more workouts in or harder workouts or somehow ratchet it up (or totally switch it out, aka do something entirely different that your body is not used to) AND also typically you have to add more calories in. this could be switching from 3 meals a day to 5 smaller meals a day or something, i know that it totally goes against the grain to add more calories in when the idea is that you want to lose weight. but that is what the article said, which i found was interesting. i am kind of stuck at my weight which has not changed since MAY....but yet my body looks very different now. i probably have much less fat and more muscle, and i only weigh myself at the gym but it's frustrating because i'm working out 6x a week now when i started with like 1-2x and my body still is not recognizing this and dropping any poundage. damn you body!!

okay vent over. anyhow, i'm going to the gym today for walking, i think i might just do a longer flatter program or a smaller hill program because quite frankly, i am VERY SORE today...my back muscles, arms and legs are really sore. greg told me to take today off but sunday is my day off so i have to stick to that. i figure a 300ish calorie walk at the gym will be fine for today if i just don't do any level 10 inclines. hehee.

jcjd...awesome that you are already seeing changes. ixnay on the candy bars girl!! that's sabotage. are they THAT good? i put up a recipe last week for a banana chocolate parfait from cooking light that we are now totally addicted to. we had them 3x this week. they are about 350 calories and 5g of fat because it uses lowfat ice cream from starbucks. but they are divine...and i make them smaller for us so i figure more like 250 calories and 3g of fat. it just hits the spot when you need something sweet, the chocolate is from the hersheys nonfat syrup, the rediwhip has no fat and relatively little calories, and bananas have potassium!! so anyway you might want to check it out...because both greg and i just love them now and i feel okay about eating 'dessert' now that we know it's not blowing my calorie and fat count out of the water. if you don't want a full on dessert, just want something chocolate, how about a tiny square of super dark good chocolate? i find that taste is so intense (not like milk where you just want more) that i just need one. or even a spoonful of the hersheys syrup. may sound gross but sometimes that's just all you need. one taste!

rod good luck, hang in there...i know all about family eating fests rather than workouts..it's hard too if you are not staying at a hotel or something where there's a gym and if it's a short family visit, it's hard to get away to do things like workout or run because people always have your time planned for you. i'm sure you will be fine, maybe do some jumping jacks at night!
5.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe Mara - The chocolate I''ve been eating HAS been dark! 60-70% all of it. Normally I''m really good about controlling my chocolate cravings, but Aunt Flo really rears her ugly head some months and I give in. I do have a recipe for low fat low cal chocolate truffles that is delish, but of course, I just ran out of my freezer stores. I''ve been taking the Viactiv chocolate calcium and vitamin chews too, but I think they just make me want real chocolate even more...... Oh just look at that, I''m making excuses! I''ll try to be good today and have a tiny piece of dark chocolate. Aunt Flo is on her way out anyways! Thanks!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I was going to suggest starting a separate thread, actually--you read my mind, girl.
1.gif
I think we definitely shouldn''t clutter up the workout thread with our detox madness, lol!

I am really looking forward to it...I think it will be interesting to see how our bodies deal with toxin withdrawals. I know mentally it will be tough--but I know for me if I come up with a plan first I will have an easier time sticking to it. I hope that if I can just make the rule for myself that when I go into the fridge I can only eat out of the veggie and fruit drawers, I''ll be good to go, hee hee. Oh, and I have to warn hubby not to order pizza that week--I''ll surely have a breakdown if that happens!

I think I''ll compile a little shopping list this afternoon and try to come up with some sort of menu--structure = success for moi! I can post what I come up with in the "detox" thread in case anyone''s interested.
35.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/25/2006 6:17:15 AM
Author: Lorelei
DING DONG

the treadmills'' here
3.gif

the treadmills'' here
30.gif

the treadmills'' here
31.gif

DING DONG

my treadmill is here!!!
emsmilep.gif
OK ...now repeat after me...
I promise to NEVER use my new treadmill as a clothes hanger AND
I promise to use it everyday to improve my overall health and endurance
36.gif

Good luck
35.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I joined the gym today. Thanks for the motivation, everyone
35.gif

I''ll be expecting you guys to keep me on track.
9.gif

It''s been a long time since I''ve had a gym membership so on Monday night I''m going to an orientation session.

This way, I won''t look too lost
33.gif
when I try to use a piece of unfamiliar equipment.

Enjoy the weekend...and keep on trackin''

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch, i found this information online re: the 7 day detox:

"Throughout the 7 day detox diet, eating fruit and vegetables constantly is a fantastic way to ensure your body is getting the right nutrients to keep it healthy and active. Your fruit can come from any source, whether it be fresh, canned (in natural juices) of dried, and will serve to really boost your immune system and your body's healing properties. Again your vegetables, as long as they are not processed or contained in a salt solution, should be consumed frequently and are great for keeping up your metabolism and strengthening your immunity to everyday infections and are great for ridding the body of unwanted toxins and heavy metals.

Beans and other pulses are also invaluable to the diet, fantastic for the heart, and are also quite filling as well, so it's unlikely you'll feel the hunger if you stick with pulses. Oats, potatoes, brown rice and water are additional essentials for your 7 day detox diet, and they will ensure you have the strength to remain active and participate in everyday activities."

also I found this link:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/detox/plan.htm
which says that on her diet (adapted I think) you can have stuff like oats and potatoes, unsalted nuts, seeds, etc so that sounds interesting. that link also has some suggestions for things like breakfasts etc. it talks about stuff to avoid, which is helpful as well so i can print it out and put it on the fridge!!

i'm thinking i may do a bit of adapting so that i can have things like unsalted natural nuts and maybe oats (like oatmeal). surely that's not BAD for you!

and an article on detox diets in general:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/detox.htm

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone...

Please know that I''m truly interested in health and fitness for myself and others. Don''t treat me any differently just
because I am an appraiser...I''m a real person, too
9.gif

I''m not participating on this particular topic for self-promotion.

I''ve removed my business link from my postings here because I feel it''s not appropriate. I''m really enjoying learning about
what exercises you do..how you do them... and how often...AND your great healthy food tips..IT''S ALL GOOD and GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Besides, Rod shouldn''t be the ONLY guy represented here.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick check in... taught another Step class today b/c I was subbing for another instructor. The lunch time crowd is very dedicated! Much fun!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in with the rice and veggie thing...fill me in...are we just following guidelines, or are there any recipes we can share?

I love TJ hummus too. I use the mini pita breads and spray them with TJ''s olive oil spray (guilt free) then sprinkle a bit of garlic salt on them and bake them for a few minutes. They are delish! Bake them a bit longer if you want them crisp. With the hummus, I can''t stop eating these things.

I am *this* close to breaking through the 135 barrier...I came back from my business trip and weighed in a 135.2! I couldn''t believe I didn''t gain weight, but I did work out this week AND ate as best as I could. I''ve got 5 weeks to lose 5 pounds...

Modified Brilliant, the more the merrier. We could use more men around here!

Lorelei...where are the hand shots of your new toys? Hee hee...guess that would be hard to do...
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no worries jeff, i think of you just like a regular ole WWT member! congrats on joining the gym, that's a huge step in and of itself! looking fwd to hearing about your progress.

TG i'm so jealous girlfriend, i can't seem to lose a lb to save my life!!
39.gif
i weighed myself at the gym again today and it's still at 150. in fact it was like 150.5. damn scale!

i went to the gym and was feeling a little tired today since it's day 5 out of 6 and i kind of seem to drag on fridays. but i hit my stride around minute 25 and i continued on til 49 minutes including cooldown. i turned about 320 calories and did 3.25 miles, so not too bad for being tired today. tomorrow i have my 6th workout for the week with kickboxing class and then sunday i take off!

we had chinese for dinner tonite, and instead of getting what we typically do (which is too many items), we just got a 1/2 chinese chicken salad (which is still huge), a war wonton bowl and two appetizers (potstickers and fried shrimp) and it was just enough food for us! we took home some of the chicken salad. and the bill was less too which was a nice perk! hehe. we have been trying this sometimes, ordering more appetizers and less full on meals and we're finding we need less food and we eat more of what we order if its smaller, we hate wasting food or having to take it home and let it sit in the fridge since we both are horrible about eating leftovers later. we tend to forget it's in there and then ugh it's rotten.

TG...on the veggie and rice thing, click on those links up above, especially the one that talks about 'plan' because it talks about what you can eat vs not and also has some 'suggested meals' for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. the book that monarch has is a little more strict than that gal's diet plan on the website, but the jist is similar. i won't be eating fish though.

i am basically going to eat fruits, veggies, oats/rice/noodles, nuts, seeds, soy/tofu, fresh juices, water, and that's about it. it's not TOO restrictive when you think about it because all you are really cutting out that way is all dairy, all meats and fish and anything processed or icky like sweets, salt, etc. it will be hard to not have dessert but other than that i think i'll be okay. as long as greg doesn't tempt me with any big chicken burritos or something. hehee.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of you are doing great (TG, Jeff, Rod, LizzieC, etc.)! I love how the workout thread has grown and how different perspectives are being brought up...it''s great!

Mara, thanks for posting those links. And btw, I know you are feeling tired, but I want to say I think you are AWESOME! Six workouts in one week (ok, I know you''re only on five tonight) is no small feat, and I am sooooooo impressed. Sure, I walked 39 miles in one weekend and trained for it for three + months, but still, I have never worked out like you have 6 days a week--that takes dedication! Kudos, kudos, and more kudos to you!

I like the adaptations you posted. That''s kinda what I had in mind for my own detox. I would just like to try to go "vegan" for a week, actually...and concentrate on natural/organics with no dairy/meat. I''ve already done the vegetarian (i.e. no meat) for a year now, but I haven''t gotten past the cheese/milk products thing. So for me this will be a test in seeing whether I can resist that sort of temptation. I have no problem eating anything that includes nuts, (raw, no salt, no additives), soy, etc. I just want to go 5 days with no dairy, no processed foods, and use only olive oil to prepare my veggies and rice/potatoes, etc. I see nothing wrong with including root veggies like potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. I visited the wild oats market website today and found tons of great recipes under the "vegan" heading that just excluded dairy, basically, but substituted soy....

This book entitled "The 7-Day Detox Miracle" is definitely directed towards people of ill health, and those who are looking to really cleanse their systems of all toxins...it gets a little crazy, as I''ve stated on these thread before. I first brought it up because people in the case studies in the book who weren''t ailing actually said they lost a few pounds while doing it. I read it , and thought it would also be a great way to cleanse the system naturally and not do any crazy "herbal laxative" thing like so many people are doing these days. No way do I want to encourage people to do anything unhealthy or freakin'' crazy! I just thought it would be a nice challenge to live like a "pioneer" or something for 5 days (our "PS" adaptation, sans the 2-day water/juice fast) and eat only natural, non-processed foods for those days, and see if our well-being improves.

For me, 5 days of brown/natural rice, fresh veggies/fruit, and no animal products will be a challenge, but something I''ve been aspiring to, because I''ve been a lacto-ovo (I still eat dairy products) vegetarian for a year. I would like to try this because I feel I lean towards processed junk foods a lot out of convenience.
9.gif
I''m grateful for the chance to do this with some support from others who are interested, and I''d definitely love to see the effects as far as a little weight loss, but I''m soooo not pushing it on anyone, as it may not be the right diet for everyone. Thanks again for the opportunity, and for everyone''s opinion.

35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch, that's exactly why i am into doing it, something different but not unhealthy, as you get what you need from the foods in terms of the right stuff, but not any of that bad stuff.

also yes it's going to be interesting! we are total meat eaters so it will be really interesting to buy some tofu and figure out what to do with it! tonite i was telling greg about it and i was telling him how we could do a little stir fry with veggies and some rice and olive oil and tofu and he was like WHAT, i have to do this too?! hehee poor thing. he said he would get his burrito and meat fix at work for lunch. i said thats fine! hehee. i just don't want to have to be making a meal for him or tell him he's on his own...he doesn't mind eating what i eat for dinners so i think he'll be okay with it for 5 days!! if i can do it so can he!

make sure to check out that link further down below cuz it has some recipe suggestions...the breakfast is all basically what i had in mind. i have some natural granola i just got from whole foods with some dried fruit in it, so i can just eat that with some soy milk for breakfast, then i can do a few days of kashi with fresh fruit and maybe some granola or oats on it. for lunch i'm still figuring that one out because if i need to go into the office in the mornings next week (i will at least 2 days out of the 5) i have to figure out what i can eat that will fill me up for lunch...maybe i can steam some veggies in the microwave at work, and then bring fresh fruit and some straight granola or natural almonds or something. then for dinner i'll do the stir fry maybe twice with different veggies so it doesn't get boring but the other 3 nights, i don't know!! i'm stumped on that part so far. maybe i can do something with noodles, like a rice pasta with veggies and olive oil and lemon juice or something...something simple. anyone got other ideas for dinner?

anyway monarch when should we start the thread, like saturday or sunday? i made my grocery list so i figure i'll go get the stuff on sunday so all the fruit and veggies are super fresh. i'll hit up the store again during the week but i figure the less i'm in the store checking out the stuff i can't have, the better!

oh also, what is the deal with salads? can we eat lettuce? i saw on the website that balsamic vinaigrette is allowed, so does that mean i can make like an oil and balsamic dressing for salad with some veggies? i figure lettuce is a veggie right? but the website doesn't mention it.

and thanks monarch for the kudos, i appreciate it. i have NEVER done 6 workouts a week before, i think the most i have ever done in the past was 4 days a week and that was kind of 'pushing' it for me. 6 is an accomplishment for me and while i don't know how long i can actually sustain it...it feels kind of good to be pushing myself and know that i can actually DO IT.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara (and all other weekly workout threaders, hee hee)!

I will try to respond to all the pertinent questions...first, I told DH tonight that I was going to do this and got sort of a positive response, ok, positive meaning that he was glad I wasn''t going to make HIM do it, lol. Anyway, I usually just buy meat for him to make on his own on the grill (because he loves doing it anyway) and I do the veggie and starch/whatever sides inside, with a salad for dinner. For breakfast and lunch we usually do our own thing, even though he works from home a lot.

I think all your findings are correct...as long as we are sticking to unprocessed forms of veggies/fruits, etc. I don''t see anything wrong with that... no matter what the crazy detox book says, hee hee.
2.gif
Seriously, before I referred back to the book and realized how restrictive it was, I thought "hey, fruits, veggies, rice--I can do THAT for a week!" So I think this sort of adaptation we have going on will be just fine.

I think that for breakfast options you could just do kashi, different fruits every day, even some potato/hash brown-esque type things. Olive oil could help out in the breakfast dept., I''m sure... What about canteloupe, if you like it? And some whole wheat toast, or buckwheat pancakes, as the book suggested? I''m pretty much planning on Kashi with different fruits every day, as I am not much of a breakfast eater...I LOVE McDonald''s hashbrowns, but have found the same thing frozen in the supermarket (I know that''s a no-no, but they''re so good).

Oh, you asked about edamame, I have some in our freezer I''ve been meaning to make...I think I might do that this next week for a "snack." I don''t want to salt them, but I''m worried about what they will taste like unsalted...

36.gif
As far as starting a new thread...I would be perfectly willing to do that Sunday as long as you don''t mind...
3.gif
I''m open to title suggestions, though, lol!
"PS Detox?" Nope.
"Detox for ?" Nope.
I don''t know!

Help, please advise! LOL!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK ...now repeat after me...
I promise to NEVER use my new treadmill as a clothes hanger AND
I promise to use it everyday to improve my overall health and endurance

I promise Jeff! ( salute!)

Congrats on your gym membership and biting the bullet! You will get addicted to it!

Speaking of which, I am off now to do my first session on the treadmill! I haven't had much chance to try it yet, the horses were due for shoeing, our farrier kindly helped Hubby to set it up as it is heavy, then when he was shoeing my big boy he accidentally drove a nail too close to that old bruise in his foot - remember that Monarch?
7.gif
It started when Teddy died if you remember and has been taking ages to go, with the result he pulled the nail out and I have a sore, limping horse again
15.gif

So I was upset and didn't get the chance to try it due to panicking, he isn't as bad as I feared this morning, so I am off to work off the stress now on the treadmill.

Report back later how it went.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch, yes I remember everything Lorelei, I am a complete elephant, or so DH says! (Just kidding!) Ouch, ouch ouch!

But, kudos for you no matter what, and specially for quitting for almost a month now!!! You are my hero, for sure! For some strange reason, I am unable to scroll back down to your post, and for that I am very sorry. I am trying to remember all of it and dmmit DH and doggie (Milo) are completely distracting me! Thank god for the backspace key, othewirse this post would look like "rubbish." LOL! Seriously, I''m so glad you''re doing well and I hope your treadmill and elliptical work out for you. And I hope your horsies are having fun too...I love me some horses, lol!
35.gif

Awesome job, Lorelei! You''re still and always my hero!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results