shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 20th Aug toll 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
We are having the mother of all pants weather here but god knows we need it. Over 50mm of rain fell today and filled up our rain water tanks in an hour but alas is not falling in the catchment area of the dams.Would you believe they are talking about getting water in from NEW Zealand. OMG this is just so crazy but we have been in the midst of the worst drought ever but having tankers of waters in from another continient seems rather over the top.
On the fitness front am now doing three sets of arm exercises and have really seen those little tricep muscles "pop". I no longer have tuckshop lady arms (I will explain it if you liike but imagine a 50+ unfit lady waving her arms around = Tuckshop lady arms. Kath and Kim coined the phrase I believe).
Scale still barely shifting but again I 'feel' that if have lost more weight.
I'm off now on the elliptical
35.gif
have a lovely time in Las Vegas and the GC skippy tell me all the highlights (I'll be there soon
1.gif
).
Positive vibes to you Rod
Happy weekly work out to my other friends
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, happy belated bday!

Skippy, have a great time, we''ll miss you!
girl_sigh.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hello friends!

I''m am learning that before ToTM I have to be a little longer-sighted. It is typical for me, the week before, to carry around and extra 2-3 pounds. No amount of water drinking/midol/attaching a spigot to my fanny ever works. The problems start when I give into the evil evil cravings (and, btw, thank you all so much for all the ice cream talk.

19.gif
Ice cream is my weakness) and then, when the water weight comes off, I''m still left with a pound or so to cope with.

Not this time! Whoo hoo! Although, admittedly, I did have a handful of chocolate covered potato chips (yes, Virginia! They exist!) yesterday.

I''ve been eating really well the last few days -- made a gorgeous tilapia last night with a balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and brown sugar glaze over it. Scattered some green onions over it, and boyoboy was it yummy. And it took a total of 6 minutes start to finish. That is TOTALLY going into the menu rotation!

My DH is possibly the best human being I know -- yesterday a package arrived for me...from India! DH has been listening to (but not watching. He''s forbidden to watch) all the Yoga Booty workouts...and apparently he got quite the kick out of Bollywood tape, so he bought me one of those jangly belt that jingles when you move your hips. I wore it as I worked out yesterday to the tape, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun. However, I believe DH now wants me to wear it out tonight when we go to see Aretha Franklin (WHOO!). Oh, he also added some rather cool earrings (not blingy, but cool nonetheless) to the package.

Ha..I have a funny image of myself Yoga Booty Ballet-ing to the music. It''s not pretty. I think Ms. F would stop the concert. But that''s the sort of thing DH and I dare each other to do...mild ways to embarrass ourselves in public.

A few quick notes --

Lorelei you are SO RIGHT about stretching. I try to imitate my dog, who stretches and luxuriates in it every morning. And afternoon. And before he stands up. And before he sits down. Hope your Hubby is recuperating.

Skippy -- have an awesome trip! Report back, please!

Rod -- so glad you are doing well! You are going to have to install showroom lighting at your place to show off your automotive "bling"!

Marcy -- you are absolutely amazing! 119, the WWT Queen!

ChinaCat -- i hear you about cardio. Even 8 weeks ago I was like, Nah. Sweat + Me is a bad combo...I can do just fine walking the dog...but I heard there is a difference between exercising and working out...the former is sort of maintenance of what you have, the latter is, well, working out. And if we want to see results, we have to work out. I have been downloading free podcasts for motivation in this area and they help! The hardest part of any cardio workout is fighting the little voice that can negotiate me right off the elliptical!

Alj -- Happy birthday! And I hear you about the passing of friendships. I went through that this past year...with my maid of honor of all people...it was not a lovely situation, but you seem to have the right attitude. Thanks for the cookie tip -- we have a brand here that similarly low-cal, but I don''t think they are sugar free. Of course I don''t remember the name of them. Only that the ginger snaps are yummy. Lord help me if I ever become a contestant on Jeopardy, "Oh, um, what is that brand of cookie on the bottom shelf of aisle four in my grocery that have really good ginger snaps in the orange box?"

Mara -- oh my...the cakes sounded so good --as do your workouts! You stay so active! It''s like you always manage to use your time optimally!

Phoenix -- sounds like quite a year coming up. I am like you...a planner to the nth degree. DH has started mewing about kids, but, in his typical fashion, is not yet ready to have an outright conversation (he did this when we got engaged...he danced around the topic for a few months then...bam...down on one knee...which, I hope, is not how he plans to get me pregnant.)...it''s good for you to be taking care of your body in any case, but getting it ready for the baby to move in is a good motivator, too. And, sheesh...2P???? I think I might be able to get my arm in a 2P pant. You must be tiny!!!!!!

DeeJay -- hooray on the closing! Every one is a good one in this market (as DH says!)

Monnie -- good luck today on the job!

Kimberly! Hey! Lasagne and a good book....sigh! So yummy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all!

I don't know whether it's the outfit or the mirror playing tricks on me or some crazy mental thing but I look rather thin today. Who knows--but I'll take it whatever it is LOL!

No ice cream for me last night; the HH was deep into his project before I even got around to suggesting it. I resorted to another chocolate Fiber One bar (my third one of the day--damn I should have never bought that 30 pack from Costco!) and went to be early.

jas, I have three closings scheduled within the next two weeks and I have two more that are probably going to close in September (or early October) so I'm VERY happy right now. I also have a client coming into town from California this weekend (which might mess up my gem show plans
39.gif
) who is buying something for her daughter and that will have to close in September too since the daughter's lease is up Sept. 30. Beyond that though I'm out of solid clients. I have three more serious prospects, but I never believe it until they sign on the line which is dotted...

Will check in more later; have to bolt off to the closing now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

Happy belated birthday Aljdewey, we missed you recently and thanks for your kind words!

Hubby is doing better thanks, the bruise is enormous and painful for him, but the actual area of where he pulled the muscle is improving!
23.gif
He did a gentle workout last night and did well, I did an hour on the treadmill, warmed up for 10 mins which is what I seem to need to get ready for work, then I was alternating 5 mins at 5.5 mph and level 6 incline with 4.5mph and level 15 incline. This was hard work and I felt it afterwards, but realize that I am needing to work harder as I am so used to what I am doing, a good shakeup is in order. I may do another workout tonight then rest tomorrow. I wanted to try every other day, but if I get into it then I tend to go with it.

Marcy - a big congrats to you on your great achievement!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Monnie - best of luck with starting the new job!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all, for the birthday wishes! So sweet of everyone!

Kimberley, hoping these last few days off are restful and recharging for you! You''ve had such a busy summer!

PG - kudos to you for putting such serious thought into what committing to parenthood means. I''m sure some of it is just natural jitters---kind of like how freaked men get when they know they are about to propose. All of the sudden, the WEIGHT and GRAVITY of what they''re about to decide to do hits them, and it''s a sobering moment. But, I''m sure you''ll work through it fine.
9.gif

Dee, your ice-cream schedule sounds divine! I''m sure the walk to get it would more than mitigate the ice cream itself!
11.gif
9.gif

Rod, so nice to see you too, and YAY on Charlie''s car! hee hee - dueling hot rods! SWEET! And yeah, getting a new BMW DOES take precedence over the gym. Considering that you''re exiled at the moment, it''s nice you have a diversion to enjoy!

Skip - have a great trip! We''ll miss ya for sure! Kudos on your dedication for getting the walk in despite the heat!

Marcy - the Russel Stover sugar-free candies are quite good, too. DEFINITELY try to gingersnaps - they are my fave so far!

Mon, YAY YAY YAY on the new job! I''m just SO excited for you. I think you''re plan to bring healthy stuff is a great one. Occasionally, my coworkers do the take-out thing too, and I find that if I eat some of the stuff I brought about a half-hour in advance, it helps me still have a little to partake in the fun without scarfing down a huge portion that I''ll later regret.

Jas - OMG, that is SO funny about your dog. Mine does the same thing, too! Hubby and I get a total kick out of the fact that the absolute FIRST thing Nicky does when he gets up is takes a huuuuuuuuge long stretch! Sorry to hear you had a similar ''expiration'' with your MOH. This gal has been a close friend for several years, but in the last year or two, something has changed her. She''s become sullen, bitter, and seems to expect everyone to cater to her. It seems that part of her recent self-affirmation includes being unwilling to make even the slightest effort into her friendships. Honestly, it just shouldn''t be this hard, and I think it''s time to accept that and move on. My time is valuable to me, and I''d rather invest it in people who are willing to reciprocate. Still, it''s hard to lose something that was once so meaningful.

So, last night, a few of us gals did go out for dinner after work to celebrate birthdays. We went to this amazing Japanese place. We did a filet mignon/shrimp combo with stir-fried veggies that was just scrumptious. No dessert, thank goodness, and enjoyed the rest of the evening at home with hubby. Today is back on the wagon with my Fiber One flakes w/honey clusters and a handful of FRESH wild blueberries that my co-worker''s hubby picked last night - MMMM. Have a great day, all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Just a quick check in...hoping to get a work out in after I finish writing this paper. I have a hair appt. this afternoon, and those always take a while.

Monnie, good luck today, I''m sure you''ll do fantastically well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monnie, oh french silk sounds like i might have to try it. i love chocolate mocha really coffee flavored anything actually. in terms of soy or other alternatives, you have seen the soy ice creams out there right? there are a ton of brands. there are one or two i really like but i can''t remembrer the names of course. i think one is something like decadence soy and the other one is ummm ummm soy product co or something ? soy yogurt co maybe? whole foods sells both of them. honestly while i am not the biggest fan of soy milk for TASTE (i prefer almond milk), the soy yogurts are really good!!! and creamy. i actually preferred them to regular ice cream for a while and they are typically a little healthier with the fat and the cals and stuff. so i would imagine there are soy ice cream recipes out there as well online for you to make.

jas, lol that bollywood belt thing sounds heeeelarious, your dh really has your same sense of humor eh? hehe. i so want to get the yoga booty tapes or something, this i gotta see.

skippy have a great time on your trip!!! lorelei re the stretching, i totally need that reminder, i wake up pretty stiff some mornings and nothing feels quite as good as a stretch. and good for you for shaking it up a bit...i know i tend to get too complacent sometimes.

breakfast this morning, organic morning lite with corn flakes and fresh sliced strawberries. i have blueberries mostly but i got a little tired of them so now i am doing strawberries (as the blueberries languish in the fridge). the strawberries are still so sweet and i love their taste. almond milk for cereal, regular milk for coffee. hopefully my work eating will be better today than yesterday, tonite we are going for my mom''s bday dinner to this yummy italian place. it''s more like modern italian, and last time i got the most amazing margherita pizza so i will probably just do that again, super thin crust, fresh cheese, yum. and gelato or shared dessert or something. in terms of a workout, i am trying to mentally figure out timing, i am going to take my workout stuff with me today and see if i feel like hike or gym or coming home and doing something here (but then i run the risk of being too busy and not having time to do it, hmmm).

i made an appt with the nutritionist for tomorrow, she will do all the measurements and stuff then, yikes. i decided i need assistance with my love handles and hips primarily. everything else is pretty much fine/the same. but my hips grew back 2 inches from my smallest and my love handles seemed to pop back out overnight...and they bug the everloving crap out of me! what are they doing there? why did they return? if you read all the online stuff they say oh for love handles it''s CARDIO that gets rid of them. do you guys know how much cardio i do? obviously that isn''t the way to go for me. so i need professional assistance...haha.

anyway i will figure it out. hope everyone is enjoying a nice tuesday...is it the wkd yet?!?!?! i need more time off!!
2.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! i had not such a great weekend food-wise, lots of indulgences including a big greek-fest on sunday night. greek food is one of my favorites, but not so healthy...anyway, i am trying to get back on the wagon with the healthy stuff this week, but i still need to hit the grocery store to stock up. it''s been rainy and cold here for the past few days, so i haven''t been able to go outside much, unfortunately. in terms of exercise, i did do a marathon housecleaning on saturday (lots of trips up and down the stairs putting stuff away...) and on sunday i biked and then did lots of walking around the mall with friends. i got a couple cute tops and a pair of pewter shoes for fall, and i''m still in the market for a good pair of trouser jeans as well.

today i had a skim latte for breakfast, and will have a packet of madras lentil indian fare from trader joe''s for lunch. i''m getting a little tired of the 2-3 things i normally eat and picked up a couple new things to try. 260 calories in the whole pack...i''ll report back! dinner will probably be salmon cakes and salad.

marcy, you are doing so well! i wish my scale liked me as much as yours does!

rod, fingers still crossed for good news this week.

skippy, have fun on your trip.

nyc, just jump back in there and do it!

mara, the hiking trail looks so nice.

ally, i often find that while i struggle and procrastinate to get to the gym, i actually really enjoy it once i''m there and it''s a nice recharging break. even if you could fit in 20 minutes, it''s better than nothing.

china, welcome!

alj, happy belated b-day.

kimberly, i wasn''t a fan of charlotte simmons either.

phoenix, i am sort of jonesing for a location change as well...but i''m not likely to do it for a few more years. i try to focus on what i do like about where i am now, rather than what i wish i had.

monarch, good luck with the new job. and slow churned french silk is my absolute favorite as well, so yummy!

jas, have fun with aretha!

dj, woohoo for looking thin!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Yay for a good workout on my elliptical! And I actally wanted to do it for the first time in a week. That''s good news. I''ve been only wanting to exercise outside so it''s nice to have been content in my little office.

shortblonde, I''m glad I''m not the only one who felt that way. I wanted it to be so much better than it was. I did enjoy the 1st 1/2 though...and he writes so well...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 9:09:23 AM
Author: Ellen
Alj, happy belated bday!

girl_sigh.gif
Aw, you are so sweet Ellen!!! I adore you sweetie pie! You make me feel like a million! I love all the peeps of the WWT; you guys are the best. hehehe
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimi, yay for the elliptical workout! That is nice you have a machine in your home to use! Have a wonderful day tomorrow back at school! The kids will be so excited to see ya!

Monnie, I am thinking of you today. Hey, we miss you when you are gone from the WWT! It is good to see ya and I liked the story about the lady in the dressing room being excited w/her new small size. I also loved Dionne Warwick!!! lol I just couldn't help posting a pic of the solid gold dancers. hehehe
9.gif

Shortblond, I love greek food too!!! YUMMM! Glad you are getting back on track! We actually have the best hole in the wall greek food and they always have a line. My favorite is the chicken Souvlaki w/pita. I have a weakness for baklava, yum

Mara, hiking queen. You are so lucky to have shade; I am envious of the shade! I do much better when it is cool; I can't exercise as much when the sun is beating down on me. It sounds like you have a great time at work. All those sweets would drive me nuts!!! I have no self control around sweets. Kudos on just getting little bites!

Rod, I won't have a computer but hand held palm interent thing so I can check how you are doing Thursday. I am praying hard for good results! Enjoy the new cars and please take a pic of the SLK and the new BMW's together; I like Monnie's idea of getting a group shot. heheh
31.gif
31.gif
We need our eye candy fix!!!!!!

Jas, that is awesome you didn't pick up 2-3 lbs. I heard of chocolate tato chips from Paul Deen. hehe Never tried them nor seen them irl. Yay for doing well!!! How is school?

Marcy, you should be so proud of yourself and we are too! You rock; keep up the good work!

Dee, Best wishes on a smooth closing! Sending ps dust for lots more clients; I bet you are such a fun and easy going realtor! You have a great personality; I have a new box of fiber one bars too! Honey, you are thin, no tricks!!!!

Lorelei, yay for hubby doing better!

Alj, thanks for the good trip wishes! I know I must be half nutball for walking in heat but once I put the ipod in my ears I can't stop moving!!!! Music keeps me going. hehe Wow, your dinner sounded great. I love hanging out w/girlfriends; glad you had wonderful company and a yummy steak!

I think I will go for a quick 2 mile walk and then mow the lawn and a little later hit the road!!! Happy Tuesday Friends!
35.gif

p.s. I couldn't help but post the solid gold dancers since I thought they were sooooo cool too! hehehe What was I thinking!?!?!

SolidGoldPoster4.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:15:16 AM
Author: katebar

I''m off now on the elliptical
35.gif
have a lovely time in Las Vegas and the GC skippy tell me all the highlights (I''ll be there soon
1.gif
).
Kate, yay for your workout and have a blast in Hawaii and San Fran! I love SF and Hawaii! When do you start your adventure?? I Oauh I love Alan Wong''s Pineapple Room, Todais for sushi (very fresh), and Roy''s. I just shop in LV, nothing exciting and of course I love the food. I don''t gamble and I have seen shows so no shows for me. Hubby wants to do the Hoover Dam Hardhat tour so that will be fun for him but not so much for me. I do love the GC and hope to get some hiking in. hehehe

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Have a safe trip, Stephanie!

DH just invited me to lunch on my last day with no school...so sweet...we''re going to our fave hamburger place...so not healthy! Oh well, I''ve been doing great maintaining and sometimes we just have to give a little.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy -- AWESOME! Since I was the one who has given up her Solid Gold Dancing dreams, I have to say that it is good that I did -- I certainly do not have enough blush to compete. However, sadly, I do have the hair. I just won''t say which one I look like, follically speaking.
32.gif

School (at least the meetings) starts Friday, the kids start Sept 4...but I have lots and lots of meetings w/ Zippy the Pinhead before that!

Kimberly I am insanely jealous about your hamburger, as I had a frozen-veggies in a wrap kinda lunch. Meh.

Off to ellipticize...with the Solid Gold theme in my head.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 1:14:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/21/2007 9:09:23 AM
Author: Ellen
Alj, happy belated bday!

girl_sigh.gif
Aw, you are so sweet Ellen!!! I adore you sweetie pie! You make me feel like a million! I love all the peeps of the WWT; you guys are the best. hehehe
9.gif
biggyhug.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Marcy - 119 lbs??!!! WOW!

Skippy - sorry to here your knee is giving you trouble. i''ve had my share of knee issues as well. have fun on your trip - my DF and i went to vegas and the hoover dam in june and had a great time. we even did a bike ride through the red rock canyon outside of vegas the one day. they have a few trails out there you can walk and it''s only a 10 minute drive from the strip.

Chinacat - when i first started into the cardio, i bribed myself to do it. i either bought a book i could only read while doing cardio that i really wanted to read or downloaded songs i could only listen to while working out. after about 3 months passed, if i didn''t do 55 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week i felt horrible and basically it became a habit. i usually run and do the elliptical half and half to mix it up. the stair mill is also a good bet to really make you sweat.

Rod - can''t wait to hear about the latest BMW!

Monarch - hope your first day went well.

Mara - fill us in on your trip to the nutritionist. I''m curious to see if what your nutritionist says is similar to mine. we seem to have a lot of the same issues.

well i started the day with kashi and fruit. had a grilled 2% cheese on wheat sandwich and some cucumbers with cottage cheese for lunch. the usual apple for a snack. no clue on dinner yet, but we are going out.

i was happy to find that the main street i live off of is so well lit at night i was able to run a 5 miler on it after dark last night on the sidewalks without dodging traffic. so i am going to do another 3 miler tonite and then another 25 on the elliptical in our clubhouse afterwards. this is week 4 of my marathon training plan and so far my IT band is holding up - which is a good sign. i think the rest of the week will be indoor workouts as it is supposed to be in the high 90''s!

have a good evening!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Thanks for all the cardio tips. I do love the moving once I get going, and like many of you mentioned, feel great after doing it. It is actually getting myself to the gym that''s the problem. Once there, I actually can kind of get into a groove and don''t mind it so much. It just seems like there is always something better to do. And since I am not actively trying to lose a lot of weight like before, it''s easy to think, oh next week. But you guys make me feel ashamed, all of you have very full lives and manage to do it. So next week, right?
2.gif
Seriously, I have to go to Virginia for work the rest of the week, not trying to cop out of the gym!

I made the Fiery "Fried" Chicken last night- in this month''s (or last month''s, not sure) Real Simple. It was great, really satisfying and crunchy, but not greasy. It''s baked not actually fried, so it''s very low-cal and low-fat, but yummy enough that HH will eat it. I defnitely recommend it. Although I might try to use some corn flakes next time as well- makes it a bit more crunchy!

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday- tomorrow is Wednesday and then it''s downhill till the weekend!

OH- almost forgot- I was obsessed with Solid Gold when I was little. My childhood dream was to either be a Solid Gold dancer OR a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. My parents were very concerned. Thank you for that trip down memory lane... leaving you all with some rythym in your soul...

"The music has magic, you know you can catch it.
If you let the songs take control the sound starts to glisten.
The more that you listen and slowly it turns into gold.

Solid Gold - Filling up my life with music
Solid Gold - Putting rhythm in my soul
There''s song that''s unreeling
To fit the way that I''m feeling
My head keeps spinning to music; spinning to gold.

I''ve come to discover that music''s a lover.
It''s heat keeps me warm when I''m cold.
The beat starts to bend me. The melodies send me.
And everything melts into gold"

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Jas, chocolate-covered potato chips? What will they think of next? And your husband ordered a belly dancing belt from India . . . that''s awesome! What a great hubby!

Thanks to everyone for the great advice/sympathy for my change of life crisis.

Today (back to work after the summer, although I''m not required to be in until next week) my coworker told me, "You''ve lost weight, right!" and I said yes, and she asked/stated, "You weren''t this size when you started working here, right?" I don''t think I''ve been this size since college, honestly, and never in this good of shape.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, hooray for coworker noticing weight loss!

Jas, the belly dancing gift cracked me up. I dare you to wear it to Aretha; have fun either way.

Lunch was a patty melt, yummy for the tummy!, and some of J''s fries. Then off to the salon. We''re eating light tonight, who knows what, J is in charge.

Happy evening all!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 3:37:57 PM
Author: aljdewey

This weekend was a bit of a departure from good food habits for me as it was my birthday yesterday, too (CG -too funny - we have the same birthday! Of course, I''d have LOVED to spend mine in Hawaii, but it was nice just the same.)
I have a PS Bday twin. Happy belated Bday! I was damn lucky to have spent it in Hawaii.

And thanks to all for the bday wishes
35.gif

Just a quick update from Oahu. The biz part of my hawaiian trip is well underway, but my clients here are sooo much fun and nice that it''s not really work! My eating has taken a very bad turn since my bday on Sunday, but i''m working on reeling it in and not doing anymore damage. I head home tomorrow, and will go back to normal.

Kimberly- had a FANTASTIC dinner at David Pauls. DH and i did the tasting menu, which was delish. they sold me from the first course, the "cakewalk"- a tantalizing trio of crab cake, ahi cake, and lobster cake. then had a trio of salads, and a trio of fish dishes- all superb. DH did the trio of meat dishes. Presentation gets an A+ Oh yeah, the dessert course was the triple berry pie and "road to Hana" chocolate thingy. Although the portions were small, as they always are on a tasting menu, we were super full. I was totally "FAT & SASSY" (my favorite line to say when i''ve over-indulged in a foodie way)

I soooo need to catch up on on the posts. will do so when I''m back in the office on thursday.

hope everyone is well!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Charger, I''m so glad you had such a good meal! I witheld my opinion because we didn''t enjoy David Paul''s as much as it sounds like you did and I didn''t want to taint your experience. It had a lot to do with service. We did have the "cakewalk" as an app...and it was DELICIOUS! Can''t wait to hear all about the rest of your trip. Enjoy Oahu..Aloha!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charger; I had to go to Oahu for business last year and I think the people of HI are the sweetest. They sent me home with 4 boxes of chocolates; they truly have the aloha spirit there! Glad you had a great b-day!

Kimi, how sweet of your dh taking you to lunch before you start school!!! Have a great day tomorrow!

Tdiddy, that is so AWESOME you are training for a marathon! Thanks for the sweet words.

Chinacat, you can do it!!!

Ellen, thanks for the hug; you are such a good hugger!

Okay, I usually will walk at 7 or 7:30. At 7 it was 98 degrees and 7:30 96 degrees; I am bailing on the walking idea and the lawn mowing. It was 100 today
14.gif
14.gif
I am packed and gave the key to my sweet house sitter! Maybe she will mow my lawn. j/k.
2.gif

Rod, I again sweetie you are in my prayers!
Mara, hope you are doing well on hikes and walks!!!
Dee and Marcy hey!

Night all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin........WE GOT CHARLIE''S NEW BMW!!! The delivery went so smooth and the car''s so pretty and it drives like a dream. Charlie and I just came up from the garage and we programmed important telephone numbers into the bluetooth system in the car. It''s so cool to be able to hit a button on the steering wheel and say.......Dial Name. And the system asks what name, you say the name, confirm it and the system just dials away. Both cars do that and it''s great not having to ever take your hands off the wheel to talk to someone!

Have a great trip Skippy. Sorry, the group shot will only include two BMW''s. The SLK is, I''m afraid no more. We traded it in on the new ride for Charlie. For a primary car, it was really too small and inconvenient. If we could have afforded to keep it for fun, that would have been nice, but the good part is both new BMW''s are 100% paid for. YAY YAY YAY.

Anyway, we''re both a little beat, so it''s just time to sit on the couch with the kitties and relax.

I hope everyone''s enjoying their Tuesday night!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 10:04:01 PM
Author: Rod
Just a quick checkin........WE GOT CHARLIE''S NEW BMW!!!
cheerleader1.gif
YAY!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I lost another ½ pound. No wonder I’ve been starving for about a week, I seem to be dropping weight really fast recently.
Monarch, congratulations on size 6. That can only make you feel proud and special. I am anxious to hear about your first day on the job. Thanks for the kind words about me; I am actually tired today and really hungry so I think I need to eat a little bit more or eat more protein. Thanks for the good ice cream tip.
Mara, your dessert assortment sounds delicious. That would serve someone right to get poison oak for lurking in the bushes. LOL about you could both run away screaming. Thank you for the nice compliment. I appreciate it. I hope your nutritionist is helpful.
Katebar, sorry to hear you are having pantsy weather. Yeah for your arms being toned up from all your hard work.
Hi Ellen, I hope you had a great day.
Jas, I love the ww giant chocolate ice cream bars. I feel like I cheated on my diet when I eat one they are so good. Chocolate covered potato chips do not sound good to me at all. Did you like them? How fun with you new jingle belt; how cool! Thanks for the nice words about me being such a “big” looser.
DeeJay, that is great you look thin today. Perception is always reality and that’s a great sight to see looking back at you in a mirror.
Lorelei, I am glad to hear your husband’s muscle is doing better. I appreciate all the happy faces for my progress.
Al, I am glad you had a great dinner last night. Fresh blueberries sound great; too bad I like them the best in muffins. Rats. I will have to try the RS candy too.
Hi Kimberly, I hope you finished writing your paper.
Thanks, Shortblonde. My scale has been kind to me lately. It sounds like you worked off anything you ate cleaning the house this weekend. Your new clothes sound great.
Skippy, thanks for posting the picture of the solid gold dancers. I hope you had a nice walk and got the lawn mowed. Thank you for saying you are proud of me, I am proud of myself. Have a fun and safe trip.
Tdiddy, yes 119 pounds and I am close to 120 pounds. It’s kind of freaking me out too. I started on September 1st last year. Be careful and aware running at night.
ChinaCat, wow I am so impressed you remember the lyrics to the title song.
PhoenixGirl, that is wonderful one of your co-workers noticed how much weight you’ve lost. Yeah!
ChargerGirl, I am glad you are having fun on your trip.
Rod, I am glad to hear Charlie has his new car. I hope you have a nice relaxing evening.
Well, I must go figure out what to wear to my first night of class tomorrow. Aak, I have 3 classes and 69 students. My nightly visits to PS might be curbed for awhile.
emcry.gif

Take care. Keep thinking skinny thoughts!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 10:43:29 PM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone. I lost another ½ pound. No wonder I’ve been starving for about a week, I seem to be dropping weight really fast recently. Well, I must go figure out what to wear to my first night of class tomorrow. Aak, I have 3 classes and 69 students. My nightly visits to PS might be curbed for awhile.
emcry.gif

Take care. Keep thinking skinny thoughts!
Marcy don''t starve; eat something. Even if you lose at a slower rate it is much healthier for you sweetie.
Best wishes tomorrow! Best wishes to all the wonderful teachers Jas, Kimi, Haven and Marcy w/your kiddos (young and college age)!
face23.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Skippy. I think I got hungry because we were eating at the MIL house most of last week and I never knew the calorie content on things so I just ate small amounts of everything. She also fixed me chicken a lot which I can''t eat much of due to food allergies so I tried to fill up on other things so I didn''t eat much protein. I had a grilled hamburger tonight with cottage cheese and will make sure and have lots protein tomorrow. I generally am not hungry on 1200 calories a day but it seems strange I am dropped so much weight all at once. I think I''ll eat a few 100 more calories for a few days until I feel "normal" again. No worries though, I am fine.

I am wearing my jumper for the first day of school. It was too tight on me last month but it fits okay now (it could be a little looser) but my DH says it looks fine. He''s brutally honest so it must look okay.

Have a great Wednesday!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m up about 1.5 lbs today...must have been the patty melt and fries! No biggie, it was worth the indugence.

I''m back to work today, I spend the next three days in an ASD class that I''ve worked in before and then it''s back to waiting for calls for sub jobs. As I get closer to graduating and knowing that next year I might be in my own room I get more and more nervous. I slept terribly last night. Such a worry wart, it''s a year away and I''m already sick over it.

Have a great day all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, no worries - you''ll be marvelous. I hope you slept better last night.

I am down another pound putting me at -120. I did make myself an egg / cheese sandwish for bkfst.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results