shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 20th Aug toll 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Skippy!!!! We sure missed you. So sorry you have a nasty cold and hubby has the flu!!! Ick.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow health seekers.
35.gif
We headed south to the outlet mall today. My DH upgraded his cell phone today to Palm Trio 700 WX. It’s cool. My husband is combining his personal cell phone and his blackberry from work. I decided to add internet service to mine and tried PS first thing. It didn’t come up well so I’ll have to mess with it some more. I don’t know if it’s worth $5 a month if I can’t get to PS!!!
I bought a garnet pendant to finish out my garnet set. I always HAVE to have a ring, bracelet, pendant and earrings to match. I liked a drop pendant that had a pear shaped garnet at the bottom and a tapered baguette garnet on the top but my hubby liked a drop heart shape pendant with diamond accents so that’s what I bought. I do like the heart pendant as well and it matches my ring and bracelet better.
We found a trailer today $20,000 off listed price so if we buy it I won’t be buying clothes and jewels for quite some time. Rats.
I think I feel off the wagon today and I think I landed on my stomach! Aaak! I don’t know what did it but boy do I feel sick right now. We had dinner at our favorite steak house and I LOVE their margaritas so I had one and sucked it down really, really fast. I had a little bit of salad, about 3 oz of steak and a few french fries. Then I ate a little bit of my DH’s peanut butter cream pie. I wasn’t even full and can’t say any of what I had was beyond normal for a dinner out except the margarita - but it is sure doing a number on me. That’ll teach me to deviate from my routine, eh?
Mara, that is great to hear so many people at your office are trying your low GI diet as well. You’ll all be supper skinny and super healthy. Yeah! That’s strange you and Greg had the conversation about a few years ago you wouldn’t be out leading the way down a hiking trail. My DH had a similar conversation at supper tonight about even a year ago you couldn’t have told me I would be setting here as a normal sized person weighing 120 pounds less than I did then.
Kimberly, I hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight. I was going to work on school stuff today but never got that far. I hope you have fun tomorrow.
Skippy, Welcome Back! I am sorry to hear your guys are sick. I hope you get better soon. I can’t wait to see your diamond pictures. I think HW is rated as the favorite store for “luxury” jewelry items. It’s probably a good thing you didn’t get to eat to your heart’s content from the dessert buffet. I am glad you had some great seafood.
Rod, the mind is certainly an amazing thing. I am so glad you are doing so much better. That is great to hear you were able to work out for a few hours today. I am sure that felt wonderful. I probably ate more calories at the Italian Buffet last night than I did tonight but it sure didn’t upset my stomach like tonight''s supper did. Thanks for posting the pictures of your cars. They are awesome! My husband has Sirius in his truck and I have XM in my car. I like more stations on XM than I do Sirius but I think he likes more on Sirius than on XM.
Hi Linda. I went back to my usual Saucony’s today but am going to try the Merrill hiking shoes around the house tomorrow. I will let you know how they work for me.
Have a great Sunday! I am NOT eating anything I don’t normally eat tomorrow.
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww marcy i am sorry you feel sickly from your dinner...sometimes steak does that to me...it might not even be the margarita!
rod, happy to see you and charlie are enjoying the BMW's...
monnie, forgot to say that i am sure you know this already, but the welcome to the parker show...well the parker is where we were in palm springs. so yeah we are watching it, but tivo'ing them all and we are kind of behind, i am watching the nutritonist one right now haha, yeah i can imagine how fun that isn't..lol.
welcome back skippy!! sorry to hear that hubby got sick and you are under the weather too. bah on no dessert hehe.

today was really busy...got up, had breakfast, the carpet cleaner came...took portia for a 1m walk and then went off to my hair appt where i sat for 3 hours, sitting for that long drives me nuts but it's a necessary evil i guess. i ended up cutting my hair pretty short, i didn't mean to get it that short but it actually turned out pretty cute. i had her add some fall highlights in too so that's fun and different.

after a few hours in the chair i was starving...but i had to run to another 2 appts (no rest for the wicked)...so i grabbed a luna bar from trader joes and ate that. i managed to also grab a fruit salad cup with melon and strawberries. by the time i got home at 4pm i was starving and feeling kind of light headed...so i had a slice of sprouted bread with TJ's egg white salad to tide me over til dinner. then greg and i went for a 4m walk out and about with portia...and did some house drooling along the way, we love walking through these neighborhoods pointing out fun architectural things we like on each house.

for dinner we decided on italian at this local family place we really love...it's very mellow and relaxing. we shared the antipasti dish which had a plethora of meats, cheeses, olives, red peppers, and pesto. yummy but huge. so we picked at that for a bit. for dinner, i got the steamed musselswhich we love there...and a 1/2 mozz tomato caprese salad. i ended up just eating 1/2 of the mozz/tomato salad and we bagged the rest of the antipasti dish along with the rest of my salad to go. when we came home, greg made espresso and we had ice cream/gelato with a little espresso. yummy. it's so funny because typically we use the bread and sop up the rest of the mussel sauce which has lots of tomato and garlic in it...but obviously no bread for me! it was somewhat liberating in a way haha. i didn't have to worry about how much to have.. how does zero strike you?! hehe.

anyhow...hope everyone had a great saturday! tomorrow morning we are doing a 5-6m hike, visiting with my parents at their new property for a while, then bbq'ing later in the afternoon/evening with our neighbors. happy sunday all!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy Friends!!!

I slept till 10, crazy!!! I think I needed it; hubby still is in bed getting better. Hubby thanks you Rod!

Marcy, I hope you are feeling better! Thanks for the welcome back!

Kimi, any rain yet? Yay for your workout!!!! Thanks I missed you too!

Linda, you are so sweet; thanks! That is awesome you hit goal! I read Rod's post calling you mom and I was thinking ??? then I read your post; you are too cute! hehe

Mara, I swear you are superwoman in disguse. hehehe Doing 5 or 6 miles and getting your carpet cleaned, running around, whowe, I am exhausted just reading about it. hehe

Hot Bod Rod, you look great! Silly I don't see 9 days of not exercising on ya, Mr!! I love the view from your condo! Glad you got a kicken workout in!!!! hehe

I ate Go Lean Oatmeal for breakfast. I usually can't eat oatmeal but this one I really like. They are indvidual packs and you just microwave warm water and the mix! Super easy. I probably will do laundry and take care of hubby. Tonight I think I will go for a nice long walk! I am so happy to be home. It is suppose to get to 92 degrees so by the time I go for my walk it will be in the 80's.
9.gif
I don't know how people do it in Las Vegas; I was dying in 110 degrees. One night at 10pm we were driving around and it was still 110 degrees, crazy!!!
14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Worked out on the elliptical this morning, YIPPEE!

We''re not sure what the plan is for the day as we recieved a flash flood warning, but it looks like it''s all cleared up. It''s very humid but the clouds have disapated. We may head to the coast for the afternoon and then out for dinner. We''re celebrating a decision...we''ve decided to stay in this house instead of move and I am just thrilled to have that issue settled. I didn''t really care if we stayed here or moved, I just hated not knowing which it was going to be. So, starting in October, after we''ve finished the yard, I''m going to begin decorating this house to actually make it feel like our home. I''ve got some ideas brewing and am looking forward to pulling this place together piece by piece; every room except the living and dining room needs to be decorated; it''s such a blank slate right now.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know skippy, honestly sometimes i am way overscheduled with my time but i''ve been so busy at work and what with all the traveling we have been doing with vacation then my biz trip and greg being gone, a lot of ''regular life stuff'' just kind of piled up. also my hair appts are every 8 weeks and my waxing every 4 so sometimes they drop on the same day. and i needed a mani pedi so badly so i was like well suck it up you are already going to be there, might as well just get it done. but all i wanted to do yesterday was sit around on the couch and sleep! but i also knew i had to get some activity in since i had done no workout on fri other than a 1.5m walk before and after dinner kind of thing. this week i am going to only log 4 workouts, but i feel fine actually, and because i feel like i am eating less i think it works out okay. i am visually pretty lean right now thanks to the uber clean eating.

i am so happy because the house looks vastly better with clean carpets, we have pale berber that just picks up all the dirt. and like you guys, kim...we didn''t want to do any more to the house really in terms of ''investments'' because we are not sure how much longer we will be here. we would like to put wood or a wood sub in the main living areas but again, not going to spend like $3-6k on doing that when we might move in 6-8 months. i know most people like wood but what if someone doesn''t like the wood we chose, etc. i''d rather just leave it as is, which is more neutral for a potential buyer. however i have made the rest of the house feel like a home for sure...the carpets are kind of the only outstanding thing we waffled on forever and now it''s def too late. so i just try to keep them looking as clean as possible. i felt good though because sometimes i feel like our house is not as clean as it could be (we are both kind of anal i think), and the carpet cleaner kept saying how nice our house is and then he told greg that we keep our house amazingly clean. he was like saying how he cleans million dollar homes all the time and that we couldn''t imagine how some people lived. i was like YIKES seriously. sometimes our house feels like a sty. hahaa.

i do think our last purchase/concession for the house is going to be this chair/ottoman thing for downstairs that we have been also mulling over for like 2 years. finally i am like you know what we are going to do it. and get rid of the slowly dying ficus tree that has been there in it''s future place. so i just have to take greg with me to CB to make the final decision, there are 2 items i like, one is this amazing leather chair and a half style chair with an ottoman, so comfy in a really dark tobacco distressed leather, and the other is this microsuede chair and a half with storage ottoman that is sooo comfy. but we already have a microsuede couch and we also feel like the leather might be more versatile in a future home, aka it would go fab with our current couch and add some contrast in with the leather in a bigger family room should we hopefully have one in the next house. leather is pricier of course, but i want something that we want to keep long-term.

anyhow, we just had breakfast (cereal, ff milk, coffee, toasted sprouted bread with butter and a bit of honey (not on the green light list lol)) and now we are going to get ready and head out for our hike in a few minutes. greg wants to do that uber painful uphill trail i did last week but i don''t know if i can take it hahaha. i''m on a limited carb diet!!! that is why i added a slice of toast in this morning, figured if i needed additional energy it was going to be now. so we''ll see.

speaking of food, has anyone tried the special belgium light butter that TJ''s sells? i just saw it last time, it''s apparently real butter but 1/2 the fat and cals or something and it''s from belgium. i forget the name but it''s in a little ovalish tub with all the other butters. it''s 50 cals for 1 tblspoon. and it actually is quite good, more like real butter than the smart balance for sure. and nice and melty, whereas the SB gets a little weird with melting sometimes. definitely a good find.

kimberly, kudos on deciding to stay in your place...that is definitely such a mental relief i am sure. right now we are mentally in a state of flux. do we go, do we stay, if we stay do we buy something bigger. it''s enough to make you crazy. and greg is like well we don''t have to make any big decision right away but i am such a planner and feel like one''s life should not just float along going ''lets wait and see''. he is talking to recruiters...and he is going to take his time on finding something. i am not really going to look because i am hoping to take my job with me wherever we go, at least for a while. so time shall tell i suppose.
5.gif

hope everyone is out enjoying their sunday!!! i swear we need another weekend day....i need one just for all the errands and stuff i have to run then 2 to actually ENJOY being out of work. monday and tuesday are going to be mega stress days because my project is being implemented and i will probably be at work late late late on monday assuming all goes well with the implementation...so i''m not looking fwd to tomorrow and tues but i AM looking fwd to thurs and fri..lol. happy day all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, so glad the carpets are clean! I too am a planner, but because of J''s business he is used to just picking up moving, never really settling in a home. I told him I could do that for a while, but if we have kid(s) I believe we need to settle somewhere. With the mortgage madness that''s taken place we couldn''t get nearly as good of a loan on a new house as what we have on this house and the more we invest into the yard, and the more I establish myself in this school district (e.g. having my student teaching set up already, etc.), the harder it would be to pick up and move. So I''m really looking forward to turning this place into our home and not just a place to live. And I''ve gotten over some of my decorating fright in the interim, which is very exciting for me. I''ve come up with some ideas of ways to incorporate color into the house and some ideas for our bedroom, etc. I''m really looking forward to October.

Skip, we haven''t had rain, but 5 miles north of us they got 2" in under an hour.

We''ve decided to go to Point Loma, visit the lighthouse and have dinner.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
marcy - hope you are feeling better today!

skippy - did you enjoy your trip? it was 110ish in vegas when we were there in june, too. it''s just like a wall of heat everytime you do outside!

rod - i love charlie''s car, too. very fun color! i actually saw someone driving your car on friday (except the interior looked like black leather instead from afar). that car definitely illicited a double take from me....it''s gorgeous IRL.

today i did my long run....9 miles. it was a pretty good run in my new shoes. i broke them in yesterday on a shorter run and they seem like they will work out. i think i will have to download some new songs to my shuffle b/c i didn''t have enough on there to last the full 9 miles and it got boring when the music started to repeat. tonite my mom is cooking a roast beef for a family birthday and i''m sure she''ll make all the fixin''s. so if i can escape without consuming 3000 calories, it will be a miracle. mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, dessert....i''m in trouble! at least i''m 900 calories in the hole from my run so i have something to work with
3.gif

enjoy your sunday, everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I weighed in at 199.6 this morning. Woo hoo!!!!
36.gif
I can’t say I feel any different but it is certainly cool to think about it!
Mara, I am not sure what make me sick but I feel much better today. I think I’ll throw out the other ½ of my steak instead of making a sandwich out of it. Just to be safe. Wow, that is a long time to get your hair done. I am glad you like your new “do”. Your dinner last night sounds great. I will have to look for some of the lite butter to try.
Skippy, I am glad to hear you slept in; that is always a special treat. I hope your walk is fun tonight. I am feeling better today, thanks.
Kimberly, I am glad you guys decided whether to stay in your house or not. That will be nice to do things around the house and make it more special for you. Have fun at the lighthouse! 2 inches of rain is a lot!
Tdiddy, I am feeling much better today, thanks. Congratulations on your 9 mile run today; you shouldn’t feel guilty eating anything after that kind of workout. I am glad you liked your new shoes.
Linda, speaking of new shoes I’ve been wearing my Merrill’s today and they are really comfortable so far. My feet don’t hurt at all.
I hope you had a great weekend!
Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Everyone!

Yay for clean carpet Mara!! I'm not a big fan of carpet because it does soil. And we have a no shoe policy in our home, even with virtually 3,00 square feet of imported porcelain floors. You might find that your carpets stay cleaner longer if you don't allow anyone to walk on them with shoes on (including you and Greg!).

Yay on making the decision to stay put Kimi. Now, like you said, you can do the things you want to make your place feel completely like your home. That will be fun for sure!!

Congrats on the garnet pendant Marcy!! Sounds like you guys had a nice shopping day!!

Good for you sleeping late Skippy and I hope hubby's feeling better too!

Thanks for car kudo's tdiddy and like WOW on a 9 mile run. That's just fantastic for sure!!!

Today's been a very nice day. I found it interesting to note that I weighed myself this morning and my weight was up 2 pounds and that was after a workout. I didn't eat more food than normal, so I have to conclude that after not working out for 9 days, my muscles must have been stressed to have been pushed and my body (muscles actually) stored more liquids. It can't be that I gained any weight or anything.

Anyway, after a normal Panera lunch, we went to the gym and I had a full "Rod does it all" workout and it felt great. Whatever soreness I had from yesterday was gone and I was able to use the same weights I was using before my procedure, so it was nice to know I didn't lose much strenght or anything after all. I had been afraid to do some of the harder leg routines for fear of hurting myself, but there wasn't a hint of blood from yesterday's workout, so I gave it my all today and I seem to be just fine. Of course I ended with my 35 intense minutes on the elliptical and had a wonderful time to boot.

For dinner, I had a nice 8 oz, filet grilled outside, while Charlie bought some imported Grouper. My steak was terrific. His grouper, yuck, awful. It had a fishy smell and taste and he wound up throwing most of it away.

Now, we're going to head out and get coffee and maybe just a bit of something for dessert at Starbucks. It's a nice evening and we're going to put the top down on my Bimmer. Woo Hoo!

I hope you're all having a very nice Sunday!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow a 900 cal workout tdiddy that is awesome. when greg goes out for his run he does like 7m and he burns like 1100 cals according to his heart rate monitor watch. i am always so jealous of such insanely high calorie burning workouts. i looked up hiking online and took a merge of diff websites in terms of cals and supposedly 90 minutes of up and down is like 750 cals. cross country more flattish is like 600 cals. so i usually just kind of take the middle at 650 for 1 hour and a half, but it might be more considering that these are pretty up and down, but you never really know what the online estimates mean..aka what type of incline.

so speaking of hikes, we did our 75 min hike today and we were booking it because we had limited time, so we did in 75 min what we typically do in more like 90 min, so that was good but wow we were tired when we were done. about 5 miles. then we went to see my parents new property with the house they plan to mostly teardown and rebuild, then went to whole foods to get some veggies for the grill tonite (red pepper, asparagus, broccolini, butternut squash, and zucchini), a honeydew melon since i have been craving it, some new luna bar goodies (found a new flavor i have never seen before, chocolate raspberry and only 9g sugar).

anyhow, time for some R&R for a few hours before we go next door with our goodies to bbq and have dinner with the neighbors and their new progeny (who is so good by the way, makes you think that all the horror stories about babies you hear are incorrect hehee)...hope everyone is having a fabulous, relaxing, healthy yet splurgy sunday.

oh and rod we already have a no shoe policy in our house, including ourselves...i don't like shoes in the house at all. but our carpet is super pale, which was the silliest idea ever, and we got the house before we got portia. so our heavily trafficked areas are never quite clean enough for me. i would much prefer hardwood floors. in our next house FOR SURE.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! sorry i've been so bad about checking in lately, work has been crazy since we have a huge project due at the end of the month, and the big storm we got friday night knocked out my home internet until this afternoon. i am so happy that the rain we've had for the past week has finally stopped, and we had a gorgeous, sunny, 75 degree day here today. i went for a walk with a friend this afternoon and it was just perfect.

i've been eating pretty well for the most part, although i bought some slow churned french silk earlier this week and have been eating a bit too much of it. not the end of the world, but i've been trying to control myself just a little bit!

the weekend has been a busy one, but i still managed to fit in some exercise. i went horseback riding and kayaking yesterday, and today i biked in the morning and walked in the afternoon. food has been good as well - last night i had grilled halibut with a fresh tomato and sweet corn salad, and tonight i made mango-ginger tofu over brown rice with a sesame spinach salad. yum!

rod, i'm a little late, but so happy to hear about the good test results.

marcy, congrats on getting below 200!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s!

I worked yesterday and came home and cleaned the whole house since DH was at a pre-season Bears game...so that was my workout for Saturday. I seem to be suffering from sever water retention or something this past week, while I was at work yesterday (and the days before) I kept noticing my feet and ankles were VERY swollen by the end of the day! I don''t know if I need to just focus on consuming more water and less salt, or if my body is just getting acclimated to standing several hours during the day or what, but it sucks! The swelling from yesterday didn''t go down completely until this morning. I don''t think I eat that much salt (maybe I do and need to start checking labels again for sodium content), and I''m pretty good about getting my 64 oz. of water a day, I hope this goes away soon. My poor tootsies felt like they were going to burst out of my shoes this week!

Today I slept in until 10:30 which was reallllly nice, then I got ready and met IrishAngel at the Chicago gem show...we had a little lunch and walked around the show for a couple hours and now I''m home and contemplating taking the puppy for a walk. The bugs are terrible here, though...I must have 20 bites on my feet from sitting outside with flip flops on Friday night even though I sprayed Off! on them...then we have these weird oak mites that apparently aren''t native to this area that get under your clothes and bite the crap out of you leaving nickel or quarter sized welts, this has been the worst summer for bug bites I''ve ever had. Normally I''m the person who never gets bit but sits right next to someone who does...it''s a mystery to me.

Mara, so funny you stay at the Parker and now it''s a reality show! I really got a kick out of the nutritionist/comedienne episode. That woman was NOT even trying, lol! And on the carpet thing, when we moved into our house a few years ago the entire main level was covered with white plush over hardwood floors, the previous owners claimed because they had a toddler and didn''t want her to get hurt on wood floors. We ended up ripping up the carpet and had to have the floors refinished and some areas replaced because of course there was pet damage, etc. underneath. We did put a neutral berber on the staircase and I can''t believe how dirty it''s gotten already even though it''s not that light. Fortunately DH''s best friend has a carpet business aside from being a firefighter and he comes and cleans it professionally for us about every six months for a very small fee (usually a case of beer and we order pizza, ha!) If we didn''t have that going, I would''ve nixed carpet altogether.

See you all in the new week, tomorrow is my "Sunday" since I''m not off on Sundays and Mondays...hopefully I can get in a good workout tomorrow amidst my other errands.
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We had a lovely day. We had some friends over for dinner. I made tossed salad, baked potatoes and we cooked salmon on the grill. For dessert we had some of the churned chocolate ice cream. Everyone loved it and I told them it was low cal. After supper I went for about a 1 mile walk with my friend while the guys played a PS2 game. I am kind of sore achy but I’ve really been walking a lot this week and I had on my new hiking boots.
Thanks, Rod. We did have a nice shopping day. I am sure the 2 pounds will come right back off. That is great you did a full Rod workout at the gym today. I am sure you enjoyed that.
Mara, you guys really sped through your walk today. I thought of you on my walk. We walked down a dirt road behind the local VA hospital. It certainly was not as scenic as your hiking view but it was nice. There are some trees along the road.
Thank you, Shortblonde. I am glad the sun came out there today. It sure sounds like you’ve been busy.
Monarch, I hope your water retention gets resolved soon. I had all my rings sized down a ½ size a few weeks ago because they were falling around on my hand. Since then they have been really tight on my hands, aargh! Enjoy your Monday off. Did you see anything cool at the Gem show?
Well, I must go study for class tomorrow night. Poor students, I have 4 plus chapters to go over. I will have them stand up and stretch a few times so I don’t bore them to death.
Take care!
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results