shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 1st Jan till 7th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, you all are very motivating indeed! Gread job everyone!
36.gif

I'm pretty happy with my weight and proportions for the most part (see below) and I really don't tend to gain weight, but what I need to do is tone, tone, tone. I took my first yoga class last weekend and I really liked it, so once I'm done with my all-consuming freelance job, I plan on making yoga a part of my life. Other than that, I just need to get my butt in gear and make myself work out harder when I'm at the gym. I've been feeling unmotivated lately, so I think I want to switch from the treadmill to the elliptical -- but I'm scared! I tried it once for like five mins and it totally kicked my butt. But I guess I just need to get used to working those muscles! I love seeing how many calories you all are burning in your ellipticial workouts ... whoo hooo!!

Cooking Light also has a chicken tortilla soup recipe that I may try tonight -- sounds yummy
18.gif

Oh, and one thing I've noticed is that I drink much more water now that I've found the right glass for me! Sounds kinda dumb, but it's true. I used to fill a nalgene bottle and it would just sit there on my desk untouched and getting warm. Blech. But now I use a POM juice glass, and it's nothing for me to down a glass of water -- I'm drinking so much more now! True, I have to get up more to refill it, but since I'm drinking so much, I'm peeing a lot more (TMI?) so I'm getting up anyway
2.gif

Height: just under 5'5"
Weight: as of this morning, 114
Bust: 31
Waist: 26-27
Lower waist: 32
Hips: 34
Don't know arms, thighs, etc.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 11:08:22 AM
Author: Lorelei
Mandarine - keep going with the non smoking!!! I did it and posted about it on this thread almost 6 months ago, everyone was so encouraging and especially Rod who had also successfully quit! Stick with it, it does get easier - if I can do it anyone can!

Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m doing great so far....haven''t had any awful moments. I think the worst for me would be when I get upset...that''s the one thing that has always kicked me back into the habit!. I have to find a way to release my stress when I''m truly upset. Now that I''m at the gym I''m thinking I would just need to do an extra tough class or something. Any tips you guys have would be appreciated
4.gif

M~

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 7:40:33 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''ll play.

Height 5''5
Weight: 138
Bust: 34'' (DD/DDD)
Waist: 31''
Bicep (upper arm): 12''
Hips: 39.5''

My cup size hasn''t changed since I was 12, not a single bit. I am so envious of you Mara and Auerelia!
Okay, I re-measured my waist where CJ indicated she measured hers, as well as everything else just to double check, so here''s an update:

Height: 5''5"
Weight: 137 (that''s what it said this morning)
Bust: 34 (DD/DDD)
Waist: 28"
Lower Waist: 31"
Bicep: 12"
Hips: 39.5"

I am such a pear!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol mandarine, greg keeps crying about where did my mexican/persian bootie go...haha. i'm like sorry honey!!

okay so i thought i had figured out the big popcorn mystery but i HAVEN'T. ugh...i thought this morning i had realized that the bag had more like 300+ calories so i was eating more like 250 cals since sharing it with my coworker. BUT now i'm realizing (after some coffee) that is not the case...still according to the bg. but man. i really want that other popcorn but it's driving me nuts that i feel like it has to be WAY WORSE than it says on the bag or that i can figure out. because why would anyone eat the 100 cal popcorn if they could have much more yummy tasting popcorn for 130 cals? maybe the fat intake, i could see that. but if i don't eat that much fat in general, another 7g is not going to tip my scales for my daily totals. so i'm still stumped. maybe i will try to find a picture of the label online for you guys and you can tell me if i am on crack or not. in the meantime guess i'll suffer with 100 cal pop though i was thinking i COULD mix them together and get more flavor into the 100 cal yet know that i am not being bad by just eating regular. hehee.

anyway. breakfast this morning was fiber one honey clusters with honey bunches of oats. i made my tuna salad this morning too and am bringing 2 pieces of the sara lee whole grain lower carb 45 cal bread with me. it smells really good (the bread) so hopefully there's a bit of flavor. i really like that one serving (2 pieces) has 3g of fiber in it. bonus.

oh crown jewel i forgot to ask, did you like the tuna salad?!?! even though it was dinner and not lunch? hehe.

kimberly when i measure waist, i always read you do it where your waist naturally dips inwards, so that's where i measure. it's my smallest part of my waist. low waist for me is under belly button a bit...where jeans and pants fit.

so tonite is another workout. i have been doing abs like 3x a week and last nite i did them before bed. the last time i did them was on mondy, new years eve. HOLY MOLY. my stomach hurt SO BADLY last nite after doing my reps. i was like a ball of pain in the bed whimpering. i really must be working them. this morning they feel fine but i am not going to do them again til saturday...give them a few days of rest. but i can definitely see more waist definition and leanness going on in the waist/belly. my waist has shrunk significantly but i wanted a more toned look and these ab exercises are definitely doing it now. i don't know if i mentioned it before but my trainer had told me that you could have a six pack under your flab and not know it...aka people complain they do the ab work but see no definition in their waist or belly. it's because there's fat coating the muscles. so since ab exercises are no one's friend, i said oky i won't focus on that til i drop some weight from the belly, and will just do more cardio. so now that i finally have a flat belly and defined waist, i added abs in about 3-4 weeks ago and it's really paying off. but yeah OW!

eta CJ i just saw that you posted while i was composing, glad you liked the tuna salad!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 11:15:29 AM
Author: Mandarine

Date: 1/4/2007 11:08:22 AM
Author: Lorelei
Mandarine - keep going with the non smoking!!! I did it and posted about it on this thread almost 6 months ago, everyone was so encouraging and especially Rod who had also successfully quit! Stick with it, it does get easier - if I can do it anyone can!

Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m doing great so far....haven''t had any awful moments. I think the worst for me would be when I get upset...that''s the one thing that has always kicked me back into the habit!. I have to find a way to release my stress when I''m truly upset. Now that I''m at the gym I''m thinking I would just need to do an extra tough class or something. Any tips you guys have would be appreciated
4.gif

M~

I hear you...Anytime I was upset ( which was quite often!) I would scuttle off for a cig, but you CAN beat this, as I type I have a wad of chewing gum in my mouth which has replaced cigs! It does help surprisingly, just try to plan ahead and tell yourself that when you are upset and have a proble, cigarettes DON''T make it better. Practice this and keep some sugar free gum with you for stressful times, some beads to use up nervous energy - anything you think might help. Like with anything, coping with stress without cigs takes practice and you will win! This I know!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!
36.gif
I''m hoping this time around I really stick to it FOREVER! Not just a couple of years or few months!. Actually, I''m not hoping...I WILL do this!

I found a calculator cms to inches...so here are my measurements..only it did it with decimals...not sure if that works the same..anyway, here is what I have:

Hips: 38.5'''' ...ouch...hehe
Lower waist: 33.5''''
Waist: 26.7''
Bust: 33.4''''
Thighs: 21.6''''...ouch again!...

I''ve never measured my arms...I want to keep them small but toned!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! Thanks for the calorie count on margueritas....i had no idea they were so evil!!
emotion-14.gif
I just measured myself ....here it goes...

5''4''''
120.2 lbs

Arms: 9
Bust: 341/2
waist: 27
lower waist: 30
hips; 341/2
thighs: 19

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine you can do it!! I''m glad you''re quitting smoking. You could also keep track of how many days you''ve been "clean" for. That way, when you get upset and want a cigarette on day 42, for example, you''ll have to think of how hard it was JUST to get to day 42. If you have a cigarette, you''ll have to go back to zero and do over those very difficult 42 days.

This is how my fiance and his boss quit.

Mara my FI loved the tuna salad too. I never thought to put apple or the cajun spices in tuna salad, but it is REALLY GOOD!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Aw Sumbride!

You don''t have to post your measurements now, but definitely keep track of them. Perhaps soon you''ll post them with pride do to the amazing progress you''ll make!

Good question about goals Mara! I am pretty happy with my weight and size right now. BUT I have been known to jump up and down the scale without really understanding what happened, or what power I might have to control it. Several years ago when my mother died I was 145 pounds, which was a LOT on my 5 4 frame. It totally took my by surprise when I finally noticed the weight gain.
About a year after that after a terrible break up my weight went down to about 118 which was skeletal on me, totally unhealthy and gross.

When I first met my husband I was my current size, but after dating him for a few months I gained a lot of weight (due to eating out, getting pitchers of beer... etc.) Again, it seemed to take me by surprise that my body was suddenly bigger and that I suddenly couldn''t fit into my clothes.

Joining this thread is like me taking control. Like many of you have stated before, losing weight and staying fit is a life-time life-style. I don''t want my weight to ever balloon up again. I don''t want to look in the mirror one day and be totally shocked about where my body has gone. Sometimes just checking in here is my reminder to get to the gym, or get out and walk the dogs, whatever! I will turn 39 in 2007, I cannot believe how old I am now! I still think of myself as being in my late 20''s, but now I''ll officially be knocking of 40''s door. I think as I get older, keeping check of my health and fitness becomes more and more of a priority.

So, my personal goal is maintainance...
(until summer comes, then it''s back to work on that flabby backside baby!)

Tybee

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I felt bad about not posting my measurements, so here's a recent picture taken on New Year's Eve. I hope to be a lot skinnier than this next year at this time! I'm definitely not in marathon running shape right now!

ETA: Sorry about the red eyes, I don't have Photoshop on my computer here at work.

new years3.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
No worries... I''ll keep track, just not publicly. And I''m also trying to remind myself, when I see the 10 inch arms(!) that I''m a lot taller than most of the girls here! That''s like my only consolation. But hey, that''s why I''m here... even if I''ll never in my life have a 10 inch arm!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo Coda...you look great! It''s nice to finally see your pic.

Sumbride, believe me, that is how I felt when I posted mine...and I believe proportion wise, mine is still the biggest (all you skinny-minnie''s are posting stats!
2.gif
) But I guess that''s the point...no matter what size you are, you still take measurements and think "Oh that could be better."

Weight creeps on without you knowing until it makes a difference. Even if I don''t lose weight for the first few weeks, I want to check on the stats to make sure I am not GAINING weight/inches. That in itself is a victory as we get older!
1.gif

Breakfast will be cereal today. Not sure what lunch is, but for dinner we are having turkey cilantro burgers (a cooking light recipe). If it''s good, I''ll report back.

For anyone who likes salmon, I have been doing a quick salmon recipe for some time that is so easy and flavor Take a salmon filet and score it lightly on both sides. Drizzle very lighly with EVOO and coat. Season evenly with:

- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried dill

Season lightly with:

- Red pepper flakes (more if you like spicy)
- cumin (optional - I often think the first 5 ingredients are enough)

I normally use a little olive oil in NONSTICK pan and fry it up. You could try cooking spray since there is olive oil on the fish itself. If you want to omit frying all together, stick it under the broiler for a bit (the one in the toaster oven works great). You don''t that crisp crust that you do with frying, but the flavors are all still there. Takes only minutes to make and is such an easy dinner - and very cost effective as well if you have all the seasonings in your pantry.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
TG, I've made those turkey cilantro burgers, and they're yummy!! We just ate them with mashed potatoes on the side, not as burgers on a bun. Good luck with them -- hope you like them too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually measured my arms and thighs this morning because i was like hmm maybe i am remembering wrong, and my arms are 10" around the bicep and my thighs are 20.5" right under my butt. so that''s awesome considering i thought i was sporting 12" arms. i think that i may have had 12-13" arms originally and now they are 10". they have changed for sure, i have worked really hard on them, arms are super hard for me. so i''m pretty proud of them and also my shoulder definition.

how tall are you sumbride? honestly i think that you don''t really know where your body can take you until you really start putting in the effort to see. i had no idea seriously that i would have come this far with my body changing the way it has. smaller boobs? no way. 27 inch waist? no way! i haven''t looked this good since college and maybe even high school. so really i think once you start seeing and making changes that it''s just interesting to see where your body wants to go and how it wants to look. kinda fun really, it''s like discovery of myself. when i started doing this, i was just hoping to just go down one size and look more fit, yet i have totally surpassed that.

tybee, summer is just around the corner!! i am already thinking about my bikini...haha. i think i need one or two new ones...even though i have 4-5 and we don''t even have a pool. i have a feeling the ones i have will be too big, esp since i had to buy all new undies and stuff too. so we''ll see...bikini shopping. there was a super cute one at loehmanns that i wanted to try on 2 weeks ago but i was like i can''t be buying a bikini right now, but now i am kicking myself for not at least trying it. i think it was a polo by ralph lauren and it had a wide rib banding kind of look with solids. cute.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All:

So calorie counting has been really good for me, my husband even played last night, he cooked dinner, figured out the calories and fat for me and handed the information to me on a sheet of paper so I could add it to my spreadsheet. Way sweet of him. I ate 1500 calories yesterday and burned 800 between my normal workout and a nice 2m afternoon walk.

I am not exercising today, I am focusing on school as I have been revising the same stupid paper for the last 4 days and I just can''t seem to finish it. We''re also taking my e-ring in to finally get it fixed (I lost a stone two days before X-mas and the jeweler was closed last week when we went by), YIPPEEE!

I''m pretty excited about my weight being 137 considering this is my time to be bloated (sorry for TMI).

Seeing alll of the measurements is really interesting, thanks to all you girls who are sharing (and sumbride and coda, don''t feel guilty, we all need to do what makes us comfortable).

DeeJay: great job on the weight loss!!!

Hope everyone has a healthy day!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 12:50:45 PM
Author: Mara

how tall are you sumbride? honestly i think that you don''t really know where your body can take you until you really start putting in the effort to see. i had no idea seriously that i would have come this far with my body changing the way it has. smaller boobs? no way. 27 inch waist? no way! i haven''t looked this good since college and maybe even high school. so really i think once you start seeing and making changes that it''s just interesting to see where your body wants to go and how it wants to look. kinda fun really, it''s like discovery of myself. when i started doing this, i was just hoping to just go down one size and look more fit, yet i have totally surpassed that.
I''m 5''9 and a half, 5''10" in shoes, and I have a large frame. I''ve seen x-rays, my bones truly ARE big! But they''ve got a lot of padding on them so I''m working on that, and you''re right, Mara, you truly do have to put in the effort to see what COULD be. I''ve always been a larger size, since birth actually, so I don''t know what I could look like but I know I could look better than I do. I''m looking forward to that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i hear you about the bigger bones. i have a medium frame but i have wide shoulders and really long arms (we call them monkey arms). also i have curvy hip BONES so even if i lose more weight, my bones aren''t going to be shrinking inwards anytime soon. so for me it''s important to maintain some sort of proportion so that i don''t look too weird with bones sticking out...even if the scale isn''t super low, i know how i look and feel in clothes so that''s the important part for me. also with my wide shoulders, same thing...i can''t get too thin up top because then my shoulders will end up looking bony rather than trim. i totally envy small shouldered girls because even in bulky sweaters they look small and trim. but a bulky sweater on me makes my shoulder look really wide, hahaha. 80''s shoulder pads? don''t need them. but yeah i think once you start seeing changes you will be more and more motivated to keep it up and let your real body reveal itself!!

apple...you are so sweet saying i looked great in may, but honestly i didn''t feel great. i mean i didn''t feel horrible but i feel way better now. for me part of it was just that i am getting oldere and i really wanted to be the best ''me'' i could be as i started to age...and age more gracefully and in a fit way. hopefully doing this will also help out my skin and keep it firmer, younger, longer. also i know the water i drink helps, the lotions i use...but also part of it is internal fitness too. the guy at the gym just told me that ''for your age, you are in really good shape''...i kind of had to laugh because i am only 32 but i guess there are a lot of other 32 year olds or even younger that don''t look as fit as me. so that is a good thing! i don''t mind aging...as long as i can do it somewhat gracefully, lol!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 11:38:53 AM
Author: Tybee

When I first met my husband I was my current size, but after dating him for a few months I gained a lot of weight (due to eating out, getting pitchers of beer... etc.) Again, it seemed to take me by surprise that my body was suddenly bigger and that I suddenly couldn''t fit into my clothes.
LOL! That was me too...I think I gained at least 5 pounds and my hips started to expand!

I did the elliptical for 30 minutes during lunch today. Thats my 3rd workout this week so I have achieved my goal, but I will try to put in an extra workout or two over the weekend.

Mara,
I drink tons of water...so much that I am always really cold at work. I think that is the only thing that has helped keep me in "shape" prior to working out. I dont really like soft drinks (maybe a sip now and then but thats it).

Also you are always talking about Kashi products...what are some of your favorites?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
apple, I like Kashi GoLean which is a mix of crunchy fiber twigs, crispy soy protein grahams, and honey-toasted seven whole grains & sesame puffs. It''s slightly sweetened and has 140 calories for 1 cup with 1g fat, 10g fiber, and 13g protein. It''s not the same as Kashi GoLean Crunch though, so be careful if you go shopping for it. I usually have 1/2 cup of the Kashi mixed in with 2/3 cup Stonyfield Organic Lowfat Vanilla yogurt each morning. I think it''s so yummy and filling.

Mara likes FiberOne Honey Clusters which I have not been able to find! I just ate the last of my Kashi, so I need to search for some FiberOne.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I just found the Fiber One Honey Clusters kind of by mistake and it''s what I''m eating now. I didn''t love it at first but it''s growing on me. I was used to "Complete Oat Bran" which is not bad for you, but doesn''t have as much fiber. I''ll have to give the Go Lean a try...I tried it once before but I don''t remember if I liked it...

Any other high fiber cereals that you guys recommend?.

Don''t know if any of you have discovered the GREATNESS of flax seeds!...if you haven''t, I truly recommend it. You can read about it on the internet...it''s great for you in so many ways. I''ve been taking it for a while (about 2 years) and my cholesterol is ideal (it was never bad, but now it''s great!). It also helps in keeping me regular, which has always been a problem for me (sorry if TMI). It has a number of other benefits (cancer, memory, etc). All you need is 2 tbls/day. I buy the organic seeds and grind them myself. I usually grind enough for about 1-2 weeks at a time (I find they stay fresher longer that way), but they do sell them grounded (just keep them in the fridge).

M~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How does one get an idea of "frame size"? Is there some quantitative scale, or does one just "guess"?

ETA: Found answer online!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol mandarine, i also love flax seed...i posted about it a week or two ago i think. i add it to everything. supposedly the flax seeds lose potency after grinding, so my bag has an expire date on it. i am about 3/4 through the bag though and in less than a month so that's good.

apple, i like various kashi options, they also have granola bar options too. i would just try out things and see what you like. all of their stuff has diff calorie/fat counts so i'd use that to guide you too depending on what you want to do.

my current obsession is fiber one honey clusters though. i don't know why but i love this stuff. i can eat it straight out of the box for a snack. it's 160 cals and like 10g of fiber or something insane for a cup. i also turned my coworker onto it, she bought some more yesterday, lol. when i want a bit more sweetness, i mix it with 'honey bunches of oats' cereal which is 120 cals and 1.5g of fat for a cup, so i usually do 1/2 cup of each if i want more of a sweetness kick some days. not all the stores have the honey clusters but the one near work does for me and another near my gym, so when i go i just get 2 boxes and it lasts me 2 weeks.

also, i totally swear by this breakfast when i want to feel like i am splurging but i'm really not. get eggo nutrigain whole grain waffles. 2 of them are 140 cals and like 2g of fat, and 3g of fiber. then i melt about 1/2 tablespoon of butter, real butter, for something like 50 cals and about 5g of fat. then i use my fave sugar free syrup, whatever i have at the time (right now it's Joseph's from whole foods which is the best i have eaten so far) which for a generous serving is about 20 cals and 0 grams of fat and sugar. so the total is about 210 cals and you are having waffles with real butter and yummy syrup and it tastes like you are being bad but you are really not, haha. sometimes i toss flax seed on it and it gives it a nutty taste which is yummy too. honestly i eat this like once during the week and on both weekend days and it's awesome.

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Lorelei - Thanks for the supporting words. I do feel a little less hopeless coming on here and reading about everyone''s workout and meal plans.

I took 30 minutes this morning to set up my Sparkpeople.com account. I LOVE how the food tracker works on there! I used to use fitday but I think the sparkpeople is better. I also love how they have meal plans. I think most of my headache comes from not knowing what the heck I want to eat. So even though I might not follow their meal plan, but it sure does give me some ideas.

So after having set this account up, I decide to make myself a real breakfast instead of stuffing a couple of pieces of See''s candy in my mouth while heading out the door just so I can try out the food tracker. I guess it''s not rocket science why I''m not losing weight when I eat chocolate for breakfast huh?

Now on to breakfast... I had 2 oz of New York strip with some A1 sauce, 1 eggo waffle, 2 slices of oscar mayer center cut bacon. I love eating bacon, and I didn''t know this before how much better center cut is compared to the other cuts. For the two slices I had, it was 50 calories total, 4 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein. My entire breakfast was something like 246 calories, 11 grams of fat, and 23 grams of protein. I think maybe 11 grams of fat is a little too much though?

I''m curious, I love salads.... but I can''t figure out what kind of dressing to use that doesn''t kill my calorie count for the day. I don''t like my salads very dry, but it seems like there''s not many choices out there to use. What do you use?

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Okay, I did my measurements....

Jan. 2007

weight -----------122 lbs.
waist ------------27"
Low waist -------35"
Hips -------------37"
arm ---------------10"
thigh -------------20"

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I decided to also give sparkpeople a try...I''ve never measured what I eat but I think seeing it will help me make some modifications to my diet...

I''m confused on the suggested nutrition program though...so I need some Help!!

seems VERY high and with wide ranges...do I need to change that?. If so, what do I change it to?

Thanks!!

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Mandarine - Did you set up your account yet? Where they ask you your weight goal and how many days you can excercise and all that?

What nutrition program? Are you talking about the calories they''re saying you should consume in a day? Mine is 1200 - 1550 per day...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sevenwires, take some time and go back through this very thread, salad dressings were talked about numerous times and there are a ton of recommendations. as for what to eat, there are also a ton of recommendations in this thread about what to keep around the house and what to eat. it's really not that hard to get over to the store and get stocked up, you just flat out have to WANT to do it. don't make any more excuses, just go do it! you have a ton of tools at your fingertips, just take the time to get situated.

mandarine, i used the range as a guide but i try to stay near the bottom of the range. aka my range right now to maintain where i am at is like 1700-2100 a day and workout to burn 2100 cals a week. i'm burning more like 2400 a week and i am eating about 1600 on average per day with like 2 day of 2000. and i feel fine. so i think it's a guide but i don't use it RELIGIOUSLY. but the guideline did help me when i was losing weight...just adapt it to work for you and what makes you feel good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 3:44:29 PM
Author: Mara
sevenwires, take some time and go back through this very thread, salad dressings were talked about numerous times and there are a ton of recommendations. as for what to eat, there are also a ton of recommendations in this thread about what to keep around the house and what to eat. it''s really not that hard to get over to the store and get stocked up, you just flat out have to WANT to do it. don''t make any more excuses, just go do it! you have a ton of tools at your fingertips, just take the time to get situated.

mandarine, i used the range as a guide but i try to stay near the bottom of the range. aka my range right now to maintain where i am at is like 1700-2100 a day and workout to burn 2100 cals a week. i''m burning more like 2400 a week and i am eating about 1600 on average per day with like 2 day of 2000. and i feel fine. so i think it''s a guide but i don''t use it RELIGIOUSLY. but the guideline did help me when i was losing weight...just adapt it to work for you and what makes you feel good.
DItto what she said, they indicated I should eat between 1440-1770 a day (to lose 4 lbs.) and burn 1430-1700 a week, I eat about 1500-1600 cals a day and burn about 2000-2400 a week. You just need to feel it out and find what works for you.

Sevenwires: I use balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper on my salads, 15 cals and 0 grams of fat for a tspn and lots of flavor.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! I guess that makes sense.

I did set-up the account with the amount of exercise I do an all that. It tells me to eat between 1500-1900....that seems ok. The fat intake seems high though...35-74.

I can''t find where it tells me about the number of calories I need to burn...did I miss something?

I love how you can search for the foods you eat!.....do you guys filll this out the next day or at the end of each day?.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I just started recording my calorie intake and burn on a spreadsheet in excel this week to see if I was doing what I thought I was or if I was tricking myself into eating more than I was holding myself accountable for. My internet connection is slow (we''re on sattelite) and I don''t have the patience to wait for the computer. I thought I''d hate keeping track, as that has been my past experience, but it has actually been quite motivational as I am eating what I thought I was, it makes me feel better about my lack of weight loss progress (perhaps I am just what I am meant to be, as Christa concluded in another thread).

I think 74 g of fat is too much! But I''m not an expert so don''t rely on me. I eat about 40 a day, and I don''t deprive myself (much).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results