shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th March till 25th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Team PS:

Mara, I agree with you on keeping sweets around. You know that when I was on the weight loss wagon, we denied ourselves so much and we never had anything sweet or fattening around. Now, that I''ve lost the weight I wanted to lose (Charlie really didn''t need to lose any) and we still work out intensesly at the gym 5 times a week, we''ve relaxed a bit and do have some fun things in the house, but I often feel guilty if I indulge. Of course you know my weakness is a Tart Cherry Scone from Panera, but I''m now down to just a couple a week as opposed to one day. LOL

Work today was just odd. All of the sudden, I''m a hero. That''s seems my strange bosses new strategy to try to keep me, but it won''t work. I mean, I could say, wow, why don''t we go to the local prison and hire people that were just released even if they''re serial killers and he''d say........WOW, what a innovative idea, why don''t the other managers come up with such creative solutions??? LOL I''m super relaxed at work now. If I get something done, good. If I don''t that''s OK too.

I had referred a sales guy from Chicago I had worked with for many years in my previous job. And he flew into Raleigh for an in-person interview today. I hadn''t seen him in years, but the last time I saw him, he was very lean and healthy looking. When I saw him this afternoon, time has not been kind to him. He has this huge belly and he looked bloated and his face was red. My first thought was, oh my god......what on earth happened to you? And then he looked at me and asked how I managed to find the fountain of youth. He hasn''t seen me in years either, but since the last time he''s seen me I have changed significantly (I''m not fat and I actually have shoulders, a lean waist and muscles - LOL) and I look so much younger. He then says....."Well, aren''t you in your early 40''s?" To which I had to remind him that I was now 52. It''s funny how kind or unkind time can be? And it made me realize we do have the ability to make time our friend. It''s obvious he hasn''t seen the inside of a gym or been for a run in many years. And he carried his weight in the place where it''s the least healthy. I don''t mean to gloat, but man, did it ever make me grateful that I have adopted a healthier lifestyle and it shows.

Speaking of which, I haven''t run since moving to Raleigh. And I really miss it, so just think that in a few short weeks, I''ll be back in my beautiful condo on the world''s longest waterfront sidewalk and I will be able to start running again. YAY YAY YAY!!!

Finally, I ate real healthy today as usual and had a fantastic workout at the gym tonight. It''s just amazing how much better my workouts are without significant stress. It''s like there isn''t anything I can''t do. I''ve gotten so good at unassisted chin ups that I''m using the big boy chin up areas. For me, its fun. And I can''t wait to see our trainer back in Tampa, because when we had our last training session last November, I couldn''t even do one unassisted chin up and now I can do three sets of 10!!! WOO HOO!

Tomorrow is Friday and that means Sushi night. While I''ve grown fond of the sushi place we go to here, I can''t wait till it''s Friday night in Tampa and we''re back at our favorite Sushi place in Tampa. It really was the absolute best!!

I hope you are all looking forward to a great and healthy Friday and the start of the weekend.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I saw the pic mrssalvo posted of you guys at Gino''s and just wanted to tell you you (and your beautiful ring) look fantabulous! There is definitely a noticable difference and you should just be so proud of yourself!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I saw the pic mrssalvo posted of you guys at Gino''s and just wanted to tell you you (and your beautiful ring) look fantabulous! There is definitely a noticable difference between now and pics posted from your Chicago Gem Show GTG and you should just be so proud of yourself!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, well just play along with the nutters Rod...it will at least be amusing for your last days there.

It was windy here today! Skating at the beach was tough! I was running late, so I could only get 45 minutes in, but tomorrow I will get a lunchtime walk in before pilates and that should easily put me over the 2000 cal burned mark this week.

Dinner was a small piece of chicken and some homemade soup my mom brought over. I''ve been salad happy and had two serve of caesar today (with about 1.5 tablespoons of dressing on a heart of romaine, so I figure that''s about 300 max) cals a serve with parmesan) Hard to know the cal counts of my food today since I didn''t make a good chunk of it, but it was all pretty healthy.

TGIF tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2007 11:30:17 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ha, well just play along with the nutters Rod...it will at least be amusing for your last days there.

It was windy here today! Skating at the beach was tough! I was running late, so I could only get 45 minutes in, but tomorrow I will get a lunchtime walk in before pilates and that should easily put me over the 2000 cal burned mark this week.

Dinner was a small piece of chicken and some homemade soup my mom brought over. I''ve been salad happy and had two serve of caesar today (with about 1.5 tablespoons of dressing on a heart of romaine, so I figure that''s about 300 max) cals a serve with parmesan) Hard to know the cal counts of my food today since I didn''t make a good chunk of it, but it was all pretty healthy.

TGIF tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
I will TG! Thanks

Skating at the beach......man how I miss skating. We live on a fabulous waterfront sidewalk in Tampa and I skated a minimum of 8 miles each week. There are no flat areas to skate in Raleigh, so we haven''t skated since we got here. But, soon, we''ll be skating again and I can''t wait!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly, i totally agree, your post prompted me to go find the pictures and DJ you are looking much more trim in the face, i can see a total difference...and you look very vibrant as well, very healthy!! keep up the fab work. and mrs salvo since i know you check in here too, you look soooo young and pretty!! i can''t believe you have children. hehee.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly and Mara -- thank you for the compliments! I actually should have worn something different because it looks like I have no neck in that photo (I really DO have a neck, I swear it!) but it was so cold here that day I gave in to comfort over style. And *some day* I will have reall "after" pics to post too!

Today I''m having oatmeal for breakfast (150 cals), vegetable soup (180 cals) and chips (110) for lunch, and pudding and yogurt for a snack (60 cals each). Then we''re going out to dinner with a friend and all bets are off! This friend of ours is a big foodie and every time we go out we leave a place having sampled almost everything on the menu. Delish to be sure, but hard on the hips, LOL.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
good morning all! dj and mrs salvo, you both look great!

so, i managed to walk for a hour last night, and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. i was really snacky last night and ate about 1.5 servings of slow churned, but i was able to keep it to about 1300 calories for the day.

today i''m having a pumpkin muffin for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch, and a kashi granola bar as a snack. but all bets are off for dinner - we''re going to a really yummy southwest place, and i think i''m going to have their crabcakes which come with an awesome pumpkinseed cheese sauce and jicama slaw.
18.gif
the nice thing is that they have an appetizer portion that is plenty for me, along with some chips and salsa and perhaps a margarita...

i am going to hit the gym for a good workout before dinner...

have a good one!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, you absolutely look younger (you have such a beautiful porcelain face!) and noticably thinner, even sitting down which is hard to do!

mrs.salvo, as Mara said, you are quite the stunner!

Rod, I am so glad you are feeling at peace! And what an ego boost from your old friend!

So I''m still sick and still running a temp and that means no exercise again today. GRRR! This is so not fun. I ate 1300 calories yesterday, but am still quite high for the week (average about 1900 a day) because of my out of town excursion. I''m not snacking and hopefully I''ll be able to get down to about 1750-1800 average for the week, especially because I''m not exercising! It could be a lot worse, I could have broken a leg or something and be laid up for a long time, but I am really starting to miss my elliptical.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm everyone's planned dinners sound so yummy!!

kim sorry to hear you are still under the weather...can you get in some walking? honestly i cannot just lay around when i am sick. i am sure i was running a temp a few times but i was out walking and doing things, i just got so bored sitting around and it was hard for me to sleep. i think that my hard elliptical workouts probably prolonged me getting better but i think walking is okay if you don't go for like a 5m jaunt hehee. maybe just get out once or twice a day and do a few laps to get the heart rate up?

so those little mini double cocoa chocolate chip cookies i bought last nite at whole foods ended up being the bane of my existence last nite. i finally decided to just give in and have a splurge and pay it later with more workouts or something. plus i still have like an extra 800 cals or something from my extra workouts so i'm fine as long as i don't go crazy all weekend long. but then i discovered last nite that their serving size was wrong. the container is 7oz and each serving is 1oz and they said a serving is 3 cookies. so that would be 21 cookies. but there are 33 in there!! i ended up counting because i ate *gulp* 20 yesterday (honestly some of them were SO TINY i was like how is this little thumb sized one 30 cals) and then there are like 12 still in there and greg had one. so i said AH HA. so the portion size is more like 4.5 and that means they are more like 20 cals each instead of 30. i hate when places do that...like the # of what they put in does not match the ounces. when things are different sizes like cookies it is probably hard to estimate quantity since they are using weight. but so that made me feel SO much better, i gained back like 200 cals from the recalc. so my day was not bad at all actually, so i was pretty happy about that, random freak positive. i also really love these cookies and think that if someone has self-control (hehee) they are a great treat to have around because really, a few cookies does go a long way...they are SUPER chocolatey and the taste lingers with you. however when i really like something, i really like it so i don't know that i'll be keeping them around again!

the chewy coconut bars are gone also thank goodness.well there's still one that greg forgot to take to work but other than that, gone. greg was cracking up because i was like 'we have to eat them so they are gone'...he is like 'why do you make them then'...i said 'i didn't know they'd be THAT good!'. i also made a mental pact with myself that next week (also TTOTM) that i will not consume any 'desserts' from M-Thurs. i can have fruits and maybe fruit sorbet but nothing else. MAYBE a dreyers ice cream bar since that is portion sized, but i can't make anything for dessert unless it's going to be a bran muffin or something. hahaa. i need to get off this kick about having dessert EVERY night and then on weekends. it just bugs me to be that indulgent with dessert. i know that if i am not sliding backwards it shouldn't matter but i am working out a lot and if i stopped that and scaled down i'd have to cut dessert anyway. so i might as well just throw in a week here and there (and what better time than TTOTM when i'll be cranky anyway hahaa) where i say ENOUGH and be disciplined for a while. hehe. i'm sad because there are a bunch of desserts i want to try out that i have modified recipes for but honestly, after the cookie thing last nite, i just hate having that war within myself about yes or no. it's really NOT that worth it. so it's kind of like a dessert detox for 4 days next week. hehee. and starting on monday gives me the opp to finish these cookies, the cinnamon rolls, and have my splurge tonite and tomorrow night and then be fresh and overdosed on sweets by monday. hah.

this morning i tried the optimum flax/soy/blueberry waffles and they were really yummy!! i had them with some strawberries and sugar free syrup but honestly they were pretty tasty even without the berries. 160 cals and 5g of fiber and 5g protein for 2 of them. today i am actually taking a day trip over to the SF garden show which i go to every year like clockwork, but typically i go on the weekend and greg comes with me (poor guy)...but because it's falling when i am off, i said oh i'll go for the day and take a class or two and just have some fun on my own. so i'm heading out soon for that...lunch is going to be a luna bar and then on my way home i am going to the gym...and having a balance bar after my workout. hopefully that's enough food to tide me over til later though i might pack a baggie of almonds as well...the SF Garden place has a food court kinda thing but it's all bad for you food!! typically we'd get a hot dog or something but since we are eating out tonite i am like nope not this time! but i am taking my pedometer to see how many steps i walk just out of curiousity. it's a huge indoor arena thing and it spreads out over like 3 wings so it should be a good nice walk. then i'll hit up the elliptical this afternoon to get my gym time in.

for dinner tonite we are talking over various options but nothing is solidified yet. it might just be kind of a mellow localish night because i won't get home from the gym til about 6 after a day of being gone and greg might be tired since he rowed this morning so we'll see how we feel. i wouldn't even mind getting take out or something and staying in if necessary. but we'll see. honestly after my cookies last nite, i feel a little desserted out. hahah. (but ask me later!)

anyway hope everyone is having a lovely friday, it's 70ish here and i have a bunch of blooming flowers out on my patio, i took a bunch of pictures...and i have a few bunches of daffodils here in the house on our kitchen island so it's impossible to not feel cheery, hehe. happy friday all!!

ETA oh i forgot to report back on the tiramisu i got from WF...it was yummy!!! 3oz sounds small but it's actually a great size. we shared it and then i went to town on the cookies haha. but for one person who wants a taste of something, it's great. and it's a good tasty, basic tiramisu. it's by dolce mia or something like that. anyway next time i am at WF i am getting a few more to keep in the freezer because again, i love tiramisu and often get it at restaurants but if i knew that i had one at home for 240 cals, i would much rather do that than have a 500-600 cal one at a restaurant. it's just the taste you want anyway!! so for anyone who loves tiramisu and has a WF near you, check it out next time, it's in the frozen desserts section.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I wish I was just laying around. I''ve got 4 huge projects due for school so I''m spending all of my down time working on them (I opted not to sub today so as to get healthy). I haven''t been napping or watching TV or anything lazy, I''ve been doing research upon research and a ton of writing.

I may take a walk this afternoon. I couldn''t yesterday as it was pouring down rain, but today it''s clear, crisp and cool so it''s an option.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, skating is just the best! I am glad you will be able to do so soon. It''s like a treat on most days...doesn''t even feel like it''s exercise.

MrsSalvo, you really do look so young and pretty! I forgot you had kids...only can remember the dog!
1.gif

DJ, I commented on your other thread, but you really do look great!

Kimberly, what a bummer you still feel under the weather. But if you up for it, a walk may do you wonders. It''s pretty nice all over california today...

Mara, you really are a food queen...love your reports on various goodies...although I admit I may only skim over them when I am feeling particularly hungry, as it''s not good for me to read about cookies and tiramisu!!

Well, I am happy to report I got a good raise today and a healthy bonus! WHOO HOO! That means I have the money for my diamond studs should I hit my weight loss goal. We''ll see when it happens.

I wanted cereal today and poured it out, only to find that TGuy had the last of the milk. HATE when that happens.
29.gif
So I ran to TJs and got milk, Fage, chicken and artichoke pizza and a spa salad. I''m prepped and ready to eat healthy today and tomorrow!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGIF everyone! I took a day off from work to take care of personal stuff, so I've been super-busy today. Hubby got home from his quickie trip back east, so we're taking advantage of our long-ish weekend. We're been gone all morning, and just got home for lunch (TJ's salads). I usually have the reduced fat Chinese Chicken Salad. It has 250 cals w/ out the dressing, and 340 with. But I use a bit less than 1/2 of the container, and don't but in all the crispy noodles, so I figure that it's a hair under 300 cals. Not bad for lunch, and it fills me up.

Breakfast was oatmeal w/ a spoonful of apple sauce (156 cals). So that puts me at 456 cals for the day. It's kinda low, but I'm saving up 'cause we have a big nite out. We're going to Wolfgang Puck's Brasserie, Vert for dinner and then to the theatre to see WICKED. I've been wanting to see it so I'm thrilled!

We're planning on going for a long power walk in a minute, and then I'll head off to get a manicure/pedicure. Before I know it, it'll be time to leave for the evening. We're actually taking public transportation- how un-L.A is that??

Kimberly- sorry to hear that you're sicky. Rest up, drink lots of fluids and you'll be back to your usual self in no time!
Mara- hope you had a great time at the garden show. I so admire you, as I do NOT have a green thumb. I put some flowering pots out on our patio on Superbowl Sunday, and had to throw them out last week- they were sooo dead.
TG- Congrats on the raise and bonus. WOO HOO!
36.gif

Oh yeah, I'll have to go search for the DJ/Mrs Salvo pic!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
TG, Congratulations on the bonus and raise, that''s awesome!

John and I went on a nice (SLOW) 40 minute walk. It was pretty outside and good to take a break from school. We probably only walked 2 miles, but it''s better than a stick in the eye!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Pic Mrssalvo and DJ!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Kimberly, so sorry to hear your not feeling well. Feel better soon.

And before I forget, Mara I meant to say fingers crossed on the job interview. I''m glad it went well and you''ll have to keep us posted.

It was another really odd day at the zoo, but my days there are truly numbered. I offered to stay through April 6, but our penny pinching (here''s Jack.......If you get the Stephen King The Shining reference), suggested I make my last day next Friday, the 30th. Turns out he thought he wouldn''t have to pay my health insurance for the month of April, but awww, he will have to anyway. I have a week''s vacation I haven''t used and that means my employment will go into April anyway. Hehe!! The problem is I''m going to be stuck in NC for two weeks before we can head home. Charlie has had a trip planned to visit his family in Bufallo Easter Weekend and he can''t get away before then, so we''re not heading to Tampa until the week of the April 10th. So, I''m just not sure what I''ll do for a couple weeks, but I guess I can sleep in, go to the gym during the day, do some packing and relax a bit. I''d just rather relax at home in Tampa, but oh well, soon enough we''ll be home.

We had a nice Sushi dinner tonight. I must admit that the weather was pretty nice in Raleigh today. We sat outside and had our dinner on the restaurants patio, which was really nice. Tomorrow and Sunday, we''ll be back at the gym.

I hope you''re having a nice Frday and looking forward to a really good weekend.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
TGIF! Hi everyone! I have been sick since a recent trip to be in my old friend''s wedding in New Orleans, so I haven''t been keeping up with the boards. It was a great visit and a wonderful time - my parents and brother even flew in to the wedding (we have been close friends for about 25 years!) I am just glad I didn''t get sick until literally the morning after I got home! It was interesting to see NO since the flooding. I had to laugh because it was St. Patty''s Day while we were there and the bars were really hopping. Of course the NCAA tournament was going on too, so the college contingent was out in full force - they seemed to really be having a blast in NO - I think it was great for the city. I think I had last been there for a meeting about a year and a half before the flood. I am looking forward to trying to exercise some this weekend as I think I am finally on the upswing. I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to get a little exercise in!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you ladies and Rod are too kind. my mom is almost 60 and looks no where near it so I hope I inherited the young genes from her side of the family. and dee jay really did look fabulous and having seen her back in nov. before her workout healthy eating lifestyle changes and now I can easily see a difference.

dee jay, i''ll be back in June so we''ll have to have another progress shot
1.gif

I just got home today from a week away and did ok on the food front but not nearly as good as I could have. My in-laws are fairly healthy eaters but insisted on taking us for pizza, ice cream and other treats all week. We also had a b-day celebration for a family member with brownies, icecream and homemade choc. sauce. We did get outside and walk and play every day but I''m very glad to be home so i can be in better control of the ingredients in my food and will be finally able to get into my gym routine starting monday. i''m so excited.

I also can''t wait to try some of the new recipes in the recipe thread. they all sound divine...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like everyone had a great day today!! good to see you lisa...we miss you chiming in around here! rod i''m glad that the cards are finally on the table and you at least know your final day there at the toxic office. mrs salvo...sorry to hear that the inlaws are springing the goodies left and right but you''ll get back on track once you''re home!! kimberly, hope you are feeling better! chargergrrl hope you guys had a fabulous dinner out..yummy. TG congrats on the raise and bonus, woman!!

the flower & garden show today was awesome...i took a seminar, walked around, and bought a few goodies per my typical visit...the downer about going alone is that i can only buy what i can carry! typically greg goes with me and then at least i have another pair of arms, but this time i was on my own, hehe. so i had to leave a few things behind but i''m sure my wallet thanks me. according to my pedometer i walked about 2.5 miles in the ~2 hours i walked the floors (the last 1/2 mile was carrying a big armload of heavy stuff so i walked even faster!). i ate a luna bar and a handful of cinnamon almonds while at the show, and had a yummy pretzel with mustard (no butter..haha i asked)...it was divine!! gotta love a soft pretzel from time to time, i adore them. then i went to the gym on the way home, where i was feeling surprisingly energetic, i think it was actually a pretzel powered workout! i ended up doing 70 minutes on the elliptical for 640 cals and then went and did arm weights for 10 minutes for about another ~30-40 cals. and who says processed white carbs don''t keep you going..hehe.

came home, showered and got ready and we headed off to dinner in SF...this place on the ocean that we really like, it has amazing views and a cool ambiance. by the time we sat down it was about 8:30 so we were both starving! we shared a calamari appetizer and then a bowl of chowder. and then for dinner i had a warm spinach salad with beets, egg, bleu cheese, and an apple cider vinaigrette; and an ahi tuna tartare appetizer. it was a surprisingly large amount of food (oh and the 3 pieces of bread!), greg had fish and chips with garlic fries...so we were both stuffed by the end of the dinner. i ended up skipping dessert, i was pretty proud because there were 2-3 things i could have easily had (apple brioche bread pudding or pot de creme!) but i was full and i thought about that big list of desserts and calories i compiled and thought yikes. hahaa. also like i was telling greg, i have actually looked up yummy-sounding modified recipes for most of the things i love to eat, like a creole bread pudding with whiskey sauce, or the chocolate pot de creme, or a panna cotta with berry sauce, so now that i know that i am armed with recipes for things that taste just as yummy...and are made much more healthily, i don''t want the restaurant stuff as much. notice i didn''t say AT ALL, i''m a dessert whore at heart yanno.
5.gif
hahaha. but tonite i thought hmm pot de creme for what...550 cals or more vs the 175 cal one i made the other night to rave views? if i want it that badly, i''ll just make it. plus i was stuffed so the decision wasn''t THAT hard...hehe. so we both had coffee (their coffee is actually quite good) and then drove on home. i thought if i really wanted something sweet, i''d have the rest of the mini choco cookies, but now that we are home...i just want to go to sleep, haha. also i told myself that since i didn''t do dessert tonite i can definitely make sure to have it tomorrow night! hehe.
3.gif

so i had a great day, lots of activity...we have kind of a busy yet fun weekend planned and it''s supposed to be really beautiful this weekend so i am looking fwd to being outside. hope everyone had a fabulous friday, with lots of yummy splurgey dinners!! yay for weekends.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and Happy Sunny Saturday (well it''s supposed to be here anyways).

John made delicious short braised ribs for dinner w/ a green salad and a small piece of bread. I came in at about 1300 calories again, which is awesome as I''m now at 1800 calories a day average for the week and I still have 2 days to edge that number down a bit more.

We''re having tandoori chicken for dinner tonight. John picked up some new spices at a great little store in Chicago earlier this week and I can''t wait to try it!

I think I''ll do a 1/2 workout today, just so I feel like I am still moving. Still not feeling so hot, the cold has moved to my chest. ICK!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Kim - so sorry to hear you''re still not feeling well. Being sick sucks, especially when you''ve been in a really good, healthy eating and exercising groove.

Lisa - welcome back and I''m glad you''re feeling better again.

I''m looking forward to my splurgy early birthday dinner tonight at my favorite restaurant - I''m going to try to not think about calories at all, just for once, because things have been going so well and one night won''t throw everything off, especially since I''ll be eating lightly all day in anticipation.

I took the afternoon off from the lab yesterday because I was going stir-crazy and was ready to start climbing the walls there (unlike Mara and Rod, the people I work with are actually pretty nice, I just hate being in graduate school and doing lab work). Good news about that is that I called my mom and we went to Nordstrom Rack (I don''t want to spend too much on clothes right now ''cause I''m still losing) and I found a pair of Paige Hollywood Hills that fit me perfectly 2 full sizes smaller than the Laurel Canyon''s I got before the holidays, that were tight at the time!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I actually found that everything I tried on fit me in 2-3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing before, so I''m really happy with that, and excited to get the new jeans taken up so I can stop wearing my Sevens and COH jeans from December that now have super-saggy butts on them...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay AG new jeans are the best!! it''s so sad because i have all these old jeans i just can''t wear anymore. all i wear basically are my 2 paige''s and sometimes my COH''s which are about a size too big now but can still work in a pinch (as long as i dry them on hot for like 30minutes before wearing them haha)...i think about getting my old stuff tailored but is it really worth it. who knows what it might cost. and really i just want more paige''s hahah. i want the paige picos now that my butt is actually SMALL and could use some oomph from the back pockets. before i always had a big bootie and it never needed any help, hehee. anyway congrats woman that is awesome! and yes enjoy your splurge dinner tonite and don''t think about cals!

sorry to hear the cold is not really improving kimberly...hang in there!

breakfast today was 1/2 a cinnamon roll and 1/2 a block of TJ''s steel cut oatmeal with sf syrup and cinnamon..mmmm. greg shared the other halves with me. today it''s a beautiful day here...so i am heading to a fave flower nursery with my mom who has never been there before, also running some errands, doing some garden work, and then going for a long walk this afternoon, trying for about 4miles this time. the weather should be perfect. and this evening we have a martini party with some friends and i think we are getting dinner afterwards since the jist is that we think there will just be apps at the party and i always hate having to eat apps for dinner because they usually aren''t that great and they are never that healthy! i''ll probably just have one martini because i am not a big drinker. and honestly we don''t want to be at the party that long haha. so we''ll see where we end up tonite but it should be fun.

hope everyone is enjoying their saturday..!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Mara - that''s why I''m resisting the temptation to go "real" jeans shopping (i.e. at Bloomingdale''s) until I''ve gotten to my goal weight. That''s funny about the COHs - I actually send them and my Sevens to be cleaned at our dry cleaners by their regular wash and fold people because they are really good at shrinking jeans LOL. I think I better avoid Pico''s - my butt has never been huge but its definitely not SMALL either, and even when I was super-small in high school it was never small or flatm, and has definitely never need enhancement haha. I am loving the Hollywood Hills though - so comfy but also flattering!!

That garden show and trip to the nursery sound fun. I''m so jealous that you are actually good at gardening. I feel like I got cheated in the genetic lottery because I love flowers, and my parents are both AMAZING gardeners, but I have a black thumb - everything I touch in the garden dies!! Seriously, our first apartment in SF had garden space and I went to a good nursery and had them recommend all kinds of plants for the soil type and the weather and everything and every single thing died
7.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
happy weekend all!

congrats AG on the jeans!!

DJ & MrsS: you guys look fantastic. very healthy and fit. keep it up!

TG: Now you have some serious incentive to hit that goal. studs are so versatile and gorgeous! i wish i had such a "pot of gold" waiting for me
9.gif

we had a delicious breakfast of 1/2 and 1/2 egg whites to whole eggs (i need my eggs to look yellow in order to be at all appetizing) and then i did pilates because the weather is pretty ugly out...have plans for a party this evening at some friends'' new apartment, so i''m eating lightly to look ahead at the wine/drinks i''ll surely be having.

oh, i nearly forgot. after a fairly long time of scale staganation, i dropped two lbs yesterday when i weighed myself at the gym.
emstar.gif
putting me a wee bit under the weightloss goal i had originally set for myself way back when. if only there were a nice pair of studs with my name on them
11.gif
, but i''ll settle for our trip to paris when i''ll be eating with abandon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww AG i''m sure you don''t have a black thumb. honestly i can''t grow everything. orchids never rebloom for me so i end up tossing them out and just getting new ones. it''s hard for me to keep houseplants alive for whatever reason. outside in the garden, i tend to do really well with some plants but some plants NEVER get off the ground for me. i have had this beautiful little clematis for 4 years now and it has always grown a little trailing vine and no blooms and then nothing after that. a lot of it has to do with things like climate, soil, watering habits etc. some plants in my containers thrive and one lone one will just up and literally croak from one day to the next. trust me i often scratch my head over things in the garden as well. but for the most part, i have a lot of roses which are pretty easy maintenance even though they get a bad rap. water them, fertilize them, give them lots of sun and they will bloom like heck for you. in the summer i tend to neglect the garden and everything gets ugly and dry. i have to be better about that. i also have this 10 year old beautiful huge hydrangea that alost dies every year and every year somehow it comes back from the dead....because they are SO picky about water and i literally have to be out there like 2x a day in the summer months or else it hates me. and every year i go out and buy new plants because old ones died the year before. so overall i am not like some genius gardener, hehe. with any garden i think there are plusses and minuses and positives and negatives. i don''t know any gardener who has not had something or a bunch of things up and die on them. so there''s hope for you yet!! heeh.

oh and on the small butt thing...i never had a small one before either, ever!!! i think i mentioned on here recently that greg said something about how he never imagined i was small-boned...like had a small frame. i didn''t take offense because i had always thought i was medium-boned! i have wide shoulders, am tall, long legs and arms etc. but my structure is smaller than we both thought. imagine that...32 and figuring this out now, haha. so you never know what''s under there really!! keep with it.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an interesting website about body frames:

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

Thanks for all of the well wishes! This is not good get sick timing! John keeps trying to get me to rest and get better but there''s too much to do! I think I''m making him a bit nutty.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 1:14:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Thanks for all of the well wishes! This is not good get sick timing! John keeps trying to get me to rest and get better but there''s too much to do! I think I''m making him a bit nutty.
Hmm that site is interesting. My wrist is 6" which is in medium for my height (5''7") but then my elbow breadth is 2 1/4" which is in a smaller height box...so does that mean I am small even if my wrist is medium? hehee. Confusing! regardless i don''t think of myself as small boned because i am taller and my shoulders are wider, my arms are longer, legs are longer. My torso is kind of shortish...but I don''t think anyone would describe me as ''delicate'' looking. hehehe.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 1:24:57 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 3/24/2007 1:14:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Hmm that site is interesting. My wrist is 6'' which is in medium for my height (5''7'') but then my elbow breadth is 2 1/4'' which is in a smaller height box...so does that mean I am small even if my wrist is medium? hehee. Confusing! regardless i don''t think of myself as small boned because i am taller and my shoulders are wider, my arms are longer, legs are longer. My torso is kind of shortish...but I don''t think anyone would describe me as ''delicate'' looking. hehehe.
We could call you smadium framed!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!

It''s hot in Raleigh today. The high hit 87, which is a record for the date. It''s actually hotter in NC today than it is in Florida. But, it did feel nice after all these months of cold weather. Since it was yet another stressful week for the Rod and Charlie Roller Coaster, we just crashed last night and slept almost 10 hours. Man, it was nice to just sleep and I woke feeling so refreshed and full of energy!! We had a bowl of fresh fruit and a scone with coffee for breakfast, then for lunch I had a turkey sandwich on a fresh everything bagel at Bruegers Bagel, then we went to the gym and we worked out pretty intensely for nearly 3 hours. I won''t bore you with any details, it was just a really strong workout!

Tonight we''re going to one of the better restaurants we''ve found in Raleigh, called 115 Middtown Grill. It''s probably the first restaurant I''ve ever been charged for bread with dinner, the bread is 5th generation sour dough and oh so yummy. They only charge $2 for the bread, but it''s worth it.

Otherwise, we spent some time going through clothes and putting some stuff in a "Goodwill" pile, as somehow they''ve gotten to be too big on us. Imagine that!! We haven''t lost weight lately, but clothes are still becoming too big!!!!! One last note, I put on a t-shirt today that I hadn''t worn since leaving Tampa. The funny thing was that my arms completely filled the sleeves of the t-shirt, when they most definitely did not 4 months ago. You have no idea how exciting it is for me to have arms large enough to fill the sleeves of a t-shirt!! WOO HOO!!!!

Kimberly: I hope you''re feeling better today
35.gif

TG: YAY on the raise and bonus. Now nice to know that there are companies who do recognize superior performance!!!

Mara: Dinner by the ocean sounded so terrific. I can''t wait till we can eat by the water again!!

LuLu: Congrats on the weight loss!!

I hope everyone''s haveing a fabulous Saturday!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday everyone!

This morning I went over to the gym but only did 491 cals on the elliptal in a hour. Normally I would just keep going for the cooldown and get some more cals in but I was in danger of being late to meet my clients so I had to hop off. Oh well, there''s always tomorrow.

Today I''ve been very good, and didn''t even give in to temptation when I was on Michigan Avenue. I was SORELY tempted to just swing by McDonalds or get some sort of pastry from Starbucks, but instead I kept to my resolve and just had an apple. And when I got home I had my new favorite snack, Lays 1/2 the fat potato chips and hummus. YUM! The chips are make with olestra, which I know does not agree with some people, but it has no effect on me what so ever. An oz of the chips (like 20 of them!) is only 75 cals. Woo hoo!

Tonight the HH is making a cassarole (what else, LOL!) with ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, and a bunch of veggies. The recipie called for ground beef but I got him to put in the turkey instead because I figure it won''t make much of a difference anyway in the flavor with all that other stuff in the same dish.

Right now I''ve got a load of my old pants in the washer and I''m going to pop them in the dryer and see how they come out. My fear is that the length will be impacted as well as the size, but since I''ve already written these off mentally if they do come out OK it will just be an added bonus. And yesterday I wore my new cute pants and a sweater that I got from J Jill last weekend and I felt great!

That''s all for now; gotta go supervise the construction of the casserole.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol kimberly re smadium, that works! congrats DJ on avoiding temptation!! hehe. Rod, sounds like a wonderful day in Raleigh, one of your last...so enjoy it!

had a fun visit with my mom to the flower nursery, of course i had to come home with more goodies, honestly right now my garden is crazy. i need to find more space!! for snacks today i had corn bran with ff milk, some lemon rice i got from whole foods which was really yummy...they mixed what appears to be white rice with brown and also barley and some parsley, lemon, oil...it's really yummy and has a good texture. i also had a few chunks of fresh pineapple and some almonds. then right now i just did a 4m+ walk! my pedometer registered about 4.25 miles so i am just roughly estimating about 450 cals burned based on what i burn when i wear my pedometer and do my 3.5m walks. i was gone about an hour and 15 minutes, so whew! and it's a beautiful day out so i got some color and sun. when i got home i mixed up a little fage, better n'peanut butter, cinnamon, splenda and a touch of sugar free hersheys and whipped it all up and it's like a peanut butter cup cinnamon dessert...hehe. definitely a bright idea. and lots of protein, about 8g so that'll help my muscles rebuild!

in a bit we'll get ready and then our friends are picking us up for tonite's outing which should be fun. we are not sure where we are going for dinner after the martini party, because the area we'll be in has tons of options but there is one place i'd love to go to...it's like an outdoor/indoor cafe but they have fabulous food there too, like on par with restaurant quality but in a cafe atmosphere...it's a huge place and it's REALLY popular on the weekends so lots of times you have to just float around hoping for a table, so it may not be the best place for a saturday night when the weather is nice but we might go by there and see if we can get a table and if not there are other options nearby (which include a fabulous singaporean place we love), but i love this place's spinach salad and minestrone soup and they have an awesome toasted butter baguette they serve with it. and wonderful desserts in their case and also frozen desserts. yummy. so we'll see!!

anyway hope everyone had a wonderful cheery saturday! have a great night!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results