shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Feb till 25th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well kids, looks like I spoke too soon yesterday. Even though I felt almost 100% fine all day Saturday, this morning I woke with a nasty pain in my chest. At least it''s the kind of pain that I associate with a muscle ache and not the jabby heart attack pain that I had in the beginning, but geez, ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Hopefully this is some sort of anomoly and I''ll be fine again tomorrow, but I know the doc is not gonna let me work out until this comes to an end.

Yesterday I came in at 1290 cals, and today I''ll be good again (although that grilled cheese--swiss on sourdough!--that I had for breakfast made a serious dent in things already, LOL) and the happy hubby comes back tomorrow night so I can stop eating things that come out of TJ''s packaging, LOL.

I have an open house today (and man, I am NOT looking forward to slinging thoise heavy metal open house signs around with this ache... ) and then I get to take someone back for a second showing on a $1.5 million house that we saw yesterday, so depending on how that goes I''me either gonna be in a good mood, or not, when I get home.

Good job everyone on the great workouts. I''m living vicariously through you all--can you please each donate 25 cals burned to me during my convalescence?
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay: I calculate that I burned an extra 200 calories yesterday during our walk, you can have them all.

Mara: Glad you had a good dinner.

Rod: It''s Murphy''s Law re: the car wash!!!

Last night we had another great meal. We started off w/ garlic naan and hummus. I had chicken ginger masala for my entree -- DELICIOUS! -- and then we split mango mousse for dessert, which was fantastic as well. Then we saw Notes on a Scandal, a really strange and interesting flick, and came home.

Today is a workout day. Tonight is J''s night to make dinner but I think we''re going to switch because I have my first substituting job tomorrow. I''m thinking about making a CL deep dish pizza recipe and watching the Oscars. I was amazed at how many people were at the theatre last night waiting to see The Queen and John reminded me that I am a bit out of touch with the rest of American society, who love movies and movie stars and watching awards ceremonies. I told him if they started making award shows for the Man Booker prize and the NYTimes top 10 books of the year I''d be all over it.

Have a great workout day, everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:10:48 AM

Good job everyone on the great workouts. I''m living vicariously through you all--can you please each donate 25 cals burned to me during my convalescence?
2.gif
Okay, here are my 25 cals
9.gif

Best wishes on the million dollar sale
31.gif

Okay, the wind died down so a nice long walk for me today; I need it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww dj sorry to hear the pain is trying to make it''s way back, but good about it being muscle not heart. also sometimes, i notice when i can''t work out for a while due to something...my body complains and i actually get MORE aches and pains than when i am working out. so sometimes i am like is this a real pain or just a muscle in my body protesting from underuse? anyway, hang in there lady. and it sounds like your cals are still super low so chances are your body is just resting. don''t worry TOO much about losing muscle because when i was down for the count for the 2 weeks i couldn''t really do anything, i thought for sure i had lost a ton of muscle but when i had my BF tested after that, it was lower! so i had gained more muscle during that time (and the 2 weeks after).

so my cold is progressing into stage 2...or trying to, which is stuffy nose etc. but i slept pretty well last nite and i am just staying on it with emergenC and also this cold medicine i took for sore throats (probably my biggest pet peeve is a sore throat), and i am going to take it easy today, though i still would like to get a workout in. i have read online that as long as your cold is in your head and not chest or anything, you are fine to workout. so we''ll see how i feel.

i was going to have a splurge tonite on KFC...i know, gross! but i do it about 2x a year and it''s my guilty pleasures leftover from eating it in childhood as a ''treat'' when i was young. i usually get 2 chicken strips, cole slaw, some fries, mashed potatoes and some dipping sauce and it is all about 900 cals. nothing spectacular really....and not quality at all, but i love it. however, i realized that (a) i can''t really taste a ton of things right now and how lame is it to splurge on something you are dying to eat but can''t really taste and (b) i ate a ton yesterday and i should have a light day today to let my body recover...so i figure i will just take advantage of the cold and have soups and simple things today and make us some turkey/beef mushroom lasagna today to eat tonite, tomorrow and tues so i don''t have to worry about cooking til wed.

breakfast was cream of wheat with some brown sugar, a 100 cal high fiber english muffin with smart balance, a glass of echinacea tea, and a glass of emergenC mixed into water. breakfast of sick champions. lol.

and greg comes home this evening, yay!!! he''s had a great time...but i think he''s ready to come home. they ski''d for 3 full 8 hour days...i asked him ''and you aren''t in traction?!''...i bet he will be sore tonite. i have enjoyed my time alone and enjoyed doing my own thing (though seriously the cold thing sucked since i had shopping planned and some gardening fun and this and that) but we are ready to have him home with us.

anyhow hope everyone enjoys their sunday!!! i''m totally not looking fwd to going to workhell tomorrow but i will make the most of it and that''s it.
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2007 11:11:01 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Last night we had another great meal. We started off w/ garlic naan and hummus. I had chicken ginger masala for my entree -- DELICIOUS! -- and then we split mango mousse for dessert, which was fantastic as well. Then we saw Notes on a Scandal, a really strange and interesting flick, and came home.
HI:

Sounds delish K, unfortunately our meal last night was a bust. Oh, my fennel and blood orange & walnut salad was good, but the ultra thin crust pizza was uncooked. Sent it back and the second go around was little better. Obvious white uncooked dough
14.gif
. I felt bad since I wanted to return there with my family after having a great lunch there earlier in the week. A lady sitting a short distance from us commented to me on her way out that her pizza was the same but she "was foolish" not to complain.
But our brunch out today was devine. My fig and star anise french toast with orange reduction was devine. My son''s eggs bene wth dungenesse crab was super as was my DH omlette with oyster, shrimp and asiago cheese. Homemade preserves and catsup. mmm
18.gif

After consuming all those cal''s I guess I should have gone cross country skiing to Kanaskasis with my pal, but I have too much to do today. I''ll get out for a brisk walk instead.

P.S. I want to see that movie, too, Kimberley.

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:42:34 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 2/25/2007 11:11:01 AM
Author: KimberlyH
HI:

Sounds delish K, unfortunately our meal last night was a bust. Oh, my fennel and blood orange & walnut salad was good, but the ultra thin crust pizza was uncooked. Sent it back and the second go around was little better. Obvious white uncooked dough
14.gif
. I felt bad since I wanted to return there with my family after having a great lunch there earlier in the week. A lady sitting a short distance from us commented to me on her way out that her pizza was the same but she ''was foolish'' not to complain.
But our brunch out today was devine. My fig and star anise french toast with orange reduction was devine. My son''s eggs bene wth dungenesse crab was super as was my DH omlette with oyster, shrimp and asiago cheese. Homemade preserves and catsup. mmm
18.gif

After consuming all those cal''s I guess I should have gone cross country skiing to Kanaskasis with my pal, but I have too much to do today. I''ll get out for a brisk walk instead.

P.S. I want to see that movie, too, Kimberley.

cheers--Sharon
I''m so sorry your meal was not so great, Sharo, but glad that brunch made up for it!! It was definitely a movie worth seeing.

So I burned 350 cals on the elliptical today, but I was not on schedule this morning as I got caught up on the phone with my mom and when I hit 350 cals I was starving and needed to get going on some school work so I quit. John and I will take a walk later today to make up the rest of the calories I wanted to burn (only 150 left to go) and then I''ll be at 2200 for the week, 200 above my goal. Oh wait, I gave 200 to DJ, so really only 2000, right at goal.
2.gif

J is making dinner tonight, he picked up some great fresh asparagus and fruit at the bodega, so we''ll have that and "something healthy," to quote him, for dinner.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i went to workout early because i knew the longer i waited the tired i'd be and i didn't want to poop out...so i did 60 minutes on the treadmill at a little slower pace for 550 cals burned. i actually always feel so much better after working out even with a cold! adrenaline rush or something i guess. i was bummed to see the scale report that i was 2 lbs heavier than my high range 'acceptable' number for me (i have a 3 lb comfort zone)...i thought gosh i really did splurge yesterday. but then after my workout i was back to normal. so i must have been retaining a bunch of water or something! crazy. i burned 2750 cals this week, about 350 over last week since i added the extra workout in this week because i ate out 3x..which is why i was so surprised to see any gain on the scale (even if it was just water weight) because i am averaging 1950 cals per day this week and i did 1950 last week. oh well. as long as i stay in the range....i'd like to get my cals average back down to more like 1800 because i feel more comfortable there. gotta stop the whole day of massive eating i guess.
3.gif

then went to the market next door and got the goodies to make lasagna for dinner...along with a loaf of fresh multigrain bread...looks yummy...all types of dark colors and seeds going on, i love seedy bread! i was going to be strong and not get bread for tonite but then i saw this one and it's one of the small loaves, and it's only 90 cals per serving (thin slices), better than a regular white sourdough or an italian country or something.

so i made my sauce for lasagna tonite (1/2 mix of turkey and 7% fat ground beef and shitake mushrooms with emerils roasted red pepper sauce) and since i don't have as long to let it all sit together in the fridge i am simmering it on lowest heat for about an hour on the stovetop to help the flavors meld together more quickly. it'll also help reduce the sauce down a bit. i am tempted to just use it as a spaghetti sauce instead...hehe laziness setting in. then we'll have salads and some of the toasted multigrain bread.

i just had a few snacks...a bowl of honey nut cheerios and ff milk, and an applesauce oat bran muffin (last one, boo hoo). my bananas are totally ready to be used so if i feel creative later i will make banana bran muffins...using basically the same recipe as the applesauce oat bran but with the bananas as well. i love the consistency of the applesauce oat bran ones so with a thick banana taste they would be divine.

anyway off to lay on the couch for a while and rest up...my cold has been okay to me this morning but i don't want it getting cranky that i'm not giving it any attention, hehe. hope everyone has a great afternoon/evening and enjoys fabulous dinners!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another marathon day of real estate! The open house was on the third floor of a building with really tall ceilings so you had to go up six flights to get to it and I couldn''t figure out how to work the buzzer system to any time anyone came I had to go down to let them in and then clear back up to show the unit (which was a duplex, to add insult to injury, LOL). There was some huffin'' and puffin'' going on! And then I took the clients from yesterday back to see one of the houses in a total blizzard--where is all this snow coming from???

I have found the first TJ''s thing that I would not buy again. The chile chicken verde has a lovely display of all white meat chicken on the front of the package, but the reality of the package contains some pretty questionable pieces of god only knows what sort of animal. By the time I got done sorting through it I had thrown more than half the meat away and was really turned off by the whole experience. Oh well, live and learn.

Caloriwise I''m going to end up between 1300 and 1400 today, depending on what I have for dessert later. And speaking of calories, thank you Skippy and Kimberly for your generous donations, LOL!

Mara, hope you feel better soon. And I totally agree--save the splurges for when you can actually taste them!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Team PS!

First let me say........KFC????????????? Mara???????????? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL. I''m not a KFC fan, but man I used to love Popeyes Spicy Fried Chicken. Glad your cold is getting better and I''m sure you''re really glad Greg came home from his ski vacation.

When I used to travel a lot on business and flew through The Atlanta airport, I used to make sure I''d have enough time to go to the B Concourse, where there was a Popeyes. I''d get the 3 piece dark and spicy dinner, with biscuit and fries!! Probably about 12,000 calories and 950 grams of fat, but man oh man, did I ever enjoy it.

Kimberly, your dinner sounded great. Sorry there''s still any pain in your chest DJ., but fingers crossed on selling that 1.5 M house!!

I can''t believe we slept in till 9:30 AGAIN this morning. I guess I needed the sleep, so I''m no going to feel any guilt about it. It was a cold, dreary, rainy day. We had coffee and fruit at home and watched HGTV House Detective (It reminds me of why I don''t want to own a single family home again - LOL). Then we cleaned the hell-hole corporate apartment we''re stuck in, went to lunch and Starbucks and then it hit me. I just wanted to take a day off from the gym and actually tried to convince Charlie that we could go to a movie instead of the gym, but he reminded me that we would not be working out tomorrow, so even though I was not really ready for another workout today, we went and I wound up working out really hard and feeling so much better afterwards. Sometimes, one forgets how terrific the endorphens make you feel after a workout.

I managed to do 2 more sets of 10 unassisted chinups and 2 sets of 12 reps of unassisted dips (YAY!). Plus we did 3 sets of free weight bench press with 150 pounds and I did 15 reps each!! When I realize it''s only really been 14 months since we joined a gym for the first time and I weighed around 240 pounds with over a 40 inch waist with absolutely no muscle or aerobic health, the progress we''ve made in those 14 months is absolutely incredible. My life is so changed for the good that the sacrifice I''ve made to go to the gym 5 times a week for 2 - 3 hours at a time is such a small price to pay.

Anyway, we had a good day and hope you did as well!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 6:49:16 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I have found the first TJ''s thing that I would not buy again. The chile chicken verde has a lovely display of all white meat chicken on the front of the package, but the reality of the package contains some pretty questionable pieces of god only knows what sort of animal. By the time I got done sorting through it I had thrown more than half the meat away and was really turned off by the whole experience. Oh well, live and learn.
Ha ha, DJ! We actually used the CCV tonight as well, but our experience was better than yours! The chicken in ours was mostly all white meat and not really suspicous (definitely chicken!), but our biggest complaint was that there was not enough chicken in it - it was basically soup! But it was turned out to be just perfect for what we were having (sopes - little Mexican corn cake things that you fill with all sorts of yummy stuff. A honeymoon discovery that we''ve started making for ourselves at home), so we''d definitely buy it again for this purpose. Other than sopes though, Im not sure what you could use it for.

Oh and we used the Fage yogurt in place of sour cream. Delish!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, hubby and I walked 3.5 miles. I have been so snacky!!! I ate half a bag of cheetos; eek. Not what i wanted to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15.gif

Hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track!
Best wishes Kimberly on your subbing job!
12.gif

Best wishes tomorrow Mara! I hope they fire that horrible woman!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the cold well wishes all, i do feel a little better, i managed to sleep on the couch for 2 1/2 hours so that definitely helped.

greg is on his way home, should be here any minute and the lasagna is in the oven! also bonus, i cut up the multigrain bread loaf and managed to get more than 11 slices (those must be some fat slices in their serving because mine are not tiny!!), so i got about 16 out of it, which makes the calories per slice way better at about 70 each instead of 90! so now i can have 3 thinner slices instead of 2 fat ones, whee!!

dJ sorry to hear your dinner was sub par but hopefully you sold the 1.5m house today..keeping fingers crossed! rod, i am glad you pushed through the blahs and got the workout done...you always feel better afterwards!! skippy, at least it was just 1/2 the bag, hehee.

today i did really well with the non-snacking thank goodness, i think after yesterday i realized that giving into all my urges doesn''t make me feel better OR make me feel fuller or anything but just bloat me out and make me feel like a sow. i guess we all need those reminders sometimes...and sometimes more than once..hehe. also i have these amazing grapes that i have been eating the last few days, i should have gotten more today because i am almost out and i was at the same store, they are small and super hard which i love, and sweet!

i also made the banana nut bran muffins...but DOH forgot to grease my muffin pan so some of the bottoms stuck to it, ugh! i hate that. typically when i grease it a bit with EVOO they pop right out no problem. oh well, a little visual mutation is a small price to pay for yummy muffin goodness. i tasted one of the stuck bottoms after i scraped it off and pretty yummy, super moist in the middle from the extra banana i put in. i just love bananas and nuts and oats so it''s all good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, skippy. I just found out it''s a first grade class, and I''m easing in with a 1/2 day, which is great as I am extremely nervous.

Had yummy chicken breaded in cornmeal, asparagus and fruit salad for dinner. It was perfect. I''m so thankful to have a husband that cooks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i was doing so awesome today and then my darling husband comes home from canada with a box of donuts from Tim Hortons!!!! i am like WHAT is this?! and of course i have been craving a donut for like 3 weeks now. so i figured what the heck, i''ll just work out harder on tues, lol. so we shared a few donuts, hehe. i am going to make him take them to work with him tomorrow because if they are here, i will want more! hehe. now i am REALLY glad i had a lighter day today!

the lasagna was awesome along with the bread and salad...i made a maggianos imitation (yet healthy!) style salad with shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes, bacon bits and a vinaigrette with mustard...it was REALLY yummy.

hope everyone had a great wkd!!! see ya on tomorrow''s thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results