shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Feb till 25th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I''m sorry that you had to endure all of this. But way to go girl!!! Better things are ahead for you. She sounds like a nightmare. Have a great weekend!!! Lisa
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an emotionally exhausting day for you Mara. It sounds like this woman may be on her way out the door in the near future. Hey, you never know.....perhaps you'll get her job.
2.gif

Great choice not to burn any bridges and leave the company in the lurch. They will remember how professionally you've dealt with this situation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys, yeah it was kind of a nightmare. and yes i am tired...i also feel like i am getting a cold. but at least i have the weekend to relax. i guess the COO told my coworker that he wanted to make something happen soon so we'll see what, if anything.

i did manage to hit up the mall and spend some $$ in a short time, getting a cute pair of heeled wedge espadrilles in a bronze leathr sandal style and also the cutest tank cotton floaty white peasant top from AE. i figure now that i am going to be unemployed, my purchases have to be under $50 each. hehe.

for snack i had an applesauce bran muffin and lunch was steel cut oatmeal and also a piece of white/white cake from the birthday cake the company had...yum. i'm going to the gym after work for a while (got my stuff) and then meeting my parents for dinner...so should be a fun rest of the day. oh and psycho went home for the day so at least the rest of the day is not going to be awkward!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the test results are back there there was nothing found. (Except my LDL cholesterol is 110, which the doctor said is slightly elevated -- and the cure for that is diet and EXERCISE, LOL.) So I'm supposed to keep taking the Aleve and touch base again on Monday. And no working out yet.
39.gif
What a shame; with the happy hubby gone I feel like I've had ALL this time on my hands this week and nothing to do so it would have been nice to spend an hour at the gym every night. Oh well, at least I have two real estate clients and an open house this weekend to take up some time.

My sushi for lunch was great, but about 3:00 I went looking for *something* and what did I find? Peanut butter cups!!! I had a few. OK, several. I don't know why I wanted them so badly or so many of them, but I did and now I'm sorry (but I wasn't sorry while I was eating them!) But, belive it or not, as long as I have one of the lower cal soups for dinner I come in only a couple hundred cals over the top of my range, and most days (even the ones where I work out) I come in at the very bottom so I guess it's not a complete train wreck overall.

Mara, I'm glad you resigned and that it wasn't SO unpleasant, especially since your boss left early. And a little retail therapy never hurt anybody!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You Go Mara!!! Good for you standing up to psycho B!(@#!!! Sounds like this company really really needs to get rid of her before they lose everyone. But at least she can''t ruin any more days for you.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........For some reason, I was a bit down today. I''m happy in my new job. I think Raleigh''s a nice place to live, but I''ve been realy realy missing my beautiful condo on the bay in Tampa. I didn''t think it would still be on the market this long. And while we''ve had a few showings, there''s really nothing happening, so we could be stuck in this crappy corporate apartment for some time. And I guess it''s just getting to me how much I miss feeling settled and how much I miss my things.

I actually found myself sitting at my desk at work and looking at online pictures of our condo and thinking about just getting in my car and driving until I was home again. Pathetic, I know........
38.gif

Sushi was really good tonight. And I had a Tart Cherry Scone from Panera with coffee at Starbucks afterward (yummm). Tomorrow, we''ll have a normal Saturday, which means sleeping in past 8 (a true luxury to me) coffee and fresh fruit at home. Cars washed, lunch, and a good workout at the gym (that''ll perk me up). We haven''t decided where to go to dinner tomorrow night, but I''m sure we''ll find somewhere interesting to explore.

I know I shouldn''t be depressed, because things are going OK, but this temporary living is just getting us both a bit down.

I hope everyone has started off their weekend on a positive note.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod: I''m so sorry to hear you''re feeling down! I can relate to the RE waiting game totally and completely, it can be such a drag. On top of that, I moved 5 times in 3 years and I still don''t quite feel like I am home, at this point I''m not sure what it will take for me to feel like any place is home, except maybe time. Sending happy dust your way!

I am extremely proud of myself today. I have been upset (school beauracracy has caused me a ton of problems since the beginning of my program, GRR!) and wanting to eat, just because lots of things sound good, namely peanut butter cups (and of course there are some in the cupboard that are John''s) and I haven''t had a single bad thing for me. I just keep reminding myself it isn''t worth it. It''s been really tough as I''ve been home alone most of the day but I''ve managed to resist.

DeeJay: Your news is good and bad. I hate not having definitive answers, so if you''re anything like me I''ll bet you are a bit frustrated.

Happy Friday evening, all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 6:29:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well the test results are back there there was nothing found. (Except my LDL cholesterol is 110, which the doctor said is slightly elevated -- and the cure for that is diet and EXERCISE, LOL.) So I''m supposed to keep taking the Aleve and touch base again on Monday. And no working out yet.
39.gif
What a shame; with the happy hubby gone I feel like I''ve had ALL this time on my hands this week and nothing to do so it would have been nice to spend an hour at the gym every night. Oh well, at least I have two real estate clients and an open house this weekend to take up some time.

My sushi for lunch was great, but about 3:00 I went looking for *something* and what did I find? Peanut butter cups!!! I had a few. OK, several. I don''t know why I wanted them so badly or so many of them, but I did and now I''m sorry (but I wasn''t sorry while I was eating them!) But, belive it or not, as long as I have one of the lower cal soups for dinner I come in only a couple hundred cals over the top of my range, and most days (even the ones where I work out) I come in at the very bottom so I guess it''s not a complete train wreck overall.

Mara, I''m glad you resigned and that it wasn''t SO unpleasant, especially since your boss left early. And a little retail therapy never hurt anybody!
I knew they would find nothing wrong with you!! Sorry you still can''t work out. And, I understand the peanut butter orgy!!! Sometimes when one is frustrated, eating peanut cups can be just what you needed! Just don''t let it become habit, OK??!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww rod i am so sorry you were feeling blue today...see that''s part of the reason why moving isn''t that appealing to me at times, i know i will be homesick sometimes!!! and i''m sure the feeling is strong. but hang in there, after enough time in raleigh it will seem more like home.

kimberly, i hear ya on wanting to eat the house out sometimes, hehe it happens to the best of us. it''s great you have that willpower, sometimes mine goes but then it comes again..hehe.

DJ glad to hear nothing is wrong, just take it easy for a while longer. can you take long walks or anything like that to at least do something in the meantime?

hit up the gym after work and did 38 minutes on the elliptical for 350 cals, 50 more than i wanted to burn, haha...but i had two pieces of cake today hehehe so i figured i had to work it off.

so went to dinner with my parents at our fave chinese place, and it was divine as usual. this place used to be the biggest dive EVER for years and about 5 years ago they totally remodeled it and gutted it inside and out and it''s really awesome now. it took a while to get used to the new look as it''s more shi-shi but now we are totally used to it and the food is still as amazing as ever. they are famous for their chinese chicken salad..so we always get that, and then won ton soup and then we share a bunch of dishes, tonite it was sweet and sour pork with pineapple, honey walnut prawns in this great cream sauce, and then asparagus beef and one of my faves, garlic snap peas. everyone else ate rice but i didn''t want to waste my calories on it hehee. i saved them for the prawns in the cream sauce lol which is really amazing..hehe. then i snitched a coconut sees candies from my mom''s house and when my sis and i came home, i had some mocha almond fudge slow churned ice cream. yum.

i am totally getting a cold but i am hoping i can get it under control, i''ve been taking emergenC and airborne and i hope i can get a great night''s sleep tonite. i''m hanging out at home tomorrow, i was going to meet some friends for shopping but i think i need some down time...since i am meeting some other friends for a girls night out tomorrow night and i haven''t seen some of these gals in a while so i really want to be in tip top shape. so hopefully with a bunch of rest tomorrow i''ll feel better. i also am going to take a long walk with princess P and hopefully burn about 350-400 cals. then sunday is my last big gym day before a day of rest on monday.

anyway, hope everyone had a GREAT friday night....tomorrow is sat! whee.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings from Phuket!

I have only caught up to page 4 of this WWT, but wanted to tell DJ I hope the results comes back fine, and mara, no one has to put up with crap like that at work and I wish you well in your new job search!

Ok the Marriott Spa & Resort in Phuket is awesome, and I''ve managed to go to the gym for cardio and strength training TWICE since I got here on Friday. That''s once a day my friends! Woohoo! I love coming to Thailand, everyone is so friendly and it''s so relaxing here. We haven''t been back to Phuket since the Tsunami back in 2004, and they have rebuilt most of what was damaged by the tidal waves.

We''re here for 4 more days, and then we''re off to Koh Samui, then Ohio for a week. I am going to try and go to the gym here every day for at least 45mins of cardio - gotta put in the hard work because the food is so yummy and I just have to indulge
9.gif

Ok I am off for a swim and then a massage on the beach
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
. Hope everyone''s had a great week so far!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope I''m not jinxing myself by posting this, but I think I''m starting to feel a little better. Maybe I really did just pull/strain something and the Aleve (which I''ve been taking for 36 hours now)is finally working (?). And I will get a defacto workout today becuase I''m showing three big houses and six condos today, all of which will involve a bunch of stairs. I know, it sounds pathetic to count that as exercise, but I''ll take what I can get here on day six of no activity whatsoever, LOL.

For breakfast (and I know this will gross some of you out) I really wanted lentil soup. Only 300 cals for the can and 10 grams of fiber, so I know it will keep me full until I''m at least done with my first client. I don''t know what I''m going to do for lunch since the options where I''ll be aren''t that good (not to mention parking is nearly impossible). I might end up in a bagel place by default because they have a parking lot. I was just looking up their nutritional info though, and even the salads are WAY high in cals (800+!!!) so I don''t know what I''m gonna end up with. There is always McDonalds (cheeseburger and small fries are 550 cals) but I really hate to resort to that, especially after yesterdays peanutbutter egg fest (and no Rod, I promise not to make a habit of it!).

Dinner will be some sort of TJ''s adventure out of the freezer. I picked up some sort of chicken chile verde thing that is only 360 cals for the whole package, so that might be an option.

And the good news is I''m down another 1/2 pound. The bad news is I''m just convinced it''s because I''m losing heavier muscle and gaining light fat during this period of inactivity!
7.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DJ, I say showing those houses counts!!! I''m glad you are feeling better though, I''ve got my fingers crossed things keep heading in the same direction.

Mara, I hope you get some good rest today. Being home alone should help, that means the house will be nice and quiet.

JadeLeaves: YAY FOR YOU! What a fantastic job you''re doing working out while on vacation. That would be really hard for me. I am so impressed.

I had a pb cup yesterday. I only had one miniature cup (which is HUGE FOR ME! normally I''d have had at least 5!) and was totally fine for my calorie count. I had a bowl if frozen yogurt and I buried the pb cup in it so it was nice and cold and my last treat for the night. I ate it in bed, nice and toasty, so I had no desire to get up and hunt for more. But when I finished, I showed John my empty bowl and started pouting. He just laughed at me. It''s TTOTM, I just realized last night, which is why I am so craving salt/sweet.

Since I didn''t work out yesterday today is a must do work out day. I actually feel really good and am looking forward to it.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 3:46:58 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Greetings from Phuket!
HI:

JL: I ADORE Phuket--I am so jealous you are there!!!! Enjoy yourself!!

No routine exercise for me today; maybe just a brisk walk outside with my neighbour since it is lovely and bright. We are dining out tonight for my DH''s BD to this place in a funky party of town--lovely Italian flavour--super thin crust pizza and app''s. Place is always packed and no res''s--gotta get in line early. Then brunch tomorrow at another popular place--looking forward to the eats, having breakfast out is my and my son''s favorite!

Have a good w/e everyone and I am glad DJ you are feeling better! Take care of that cold Mara with some of Dr. Weil''s concoction.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for you jadeleaves!! i actually like fitting workouts in while on vacation, it makes me feel way more than when it''s just part of my ''daily'' routine like at home. actually when we were in palm springs last summer, using the gym at the parker was what got me motivated to start adding more gym workouts to my routine. before that i was kickboxing like 3x a week and while on vacation i thought oh i can use their gym, so i started walking on the treadmill and loved it so much there, i did it every day while we were there. and then when i got home i wanted to keep it up. so i have very fond memories of that trip, as it jump started me realizing i had to do MORE to get where i wanted to be. and now i visit the gym here at home like 3-4x a week and walk outside 1x-2x a week.

my sore throat was totally worse last nite, ugh...so i was kind of restless. but i managed to get a lot of sleep. i am definitely taking it easy today...but i am up ''early'' (8am) because i have to take my sis to her SAT practice test in a few minutes. but when i get back it''s straight to the couch i go! i don''t know if i should work out today but i WANT to and it''s a walk today so i figure why not. maybe this afternoon after a bit more sleep. i really want to get my workout today and tomorrow in because it balances out the eating out i''ve been doing this week and i need that extra for mental sanity hehe. but depending on how i feel i can cut back up to 200-300 cals from either today or tomorrow or a combo of both if i HAVE to and still be above what i did last week so it''s all good.

DJ...do you have dry bars (fiber one/luna bars etc) and stuff you can keep in your car? i would totally do that. or take a 60 cal smoothie with you and drink it in an hour or two (i find they stay cold for up to 2-3 hours in my purse) to give you a little extra fuel. on days when i can''t have a real lunch like weekends i end up doing small snacks til dinner and i like it better than eating a ''lunch''. but yeah if worst comes to worse, mcdonalds is not that bad. also their parfaits are only like 190 cals. they have nonfat yogurt, strawberry preserves, and granola. they are not that big, but it''s definitely something for under 200 cals. you could do a cheeseburger and a parfait. the fries are what get you there, they have as many cals and more fat than the cheeseburgers themselves. also i was looking up wendys the other day and found they have this cranberry pecan chicken salad that looks really yummy and with the ''berry vinaigrette'' dressing it''s only 350 cals total. and their jr bacon cheeseburgers without mayo are 330 cals. also their sour cream and chive baked potatoes are like 320. so there ARE some healthier options out at fast food places nowadays, you just have to know what they are. i actually am compiling a little list at home as a reference so when we are on the road traveling and stuff sometimes, if i don''t want to have to splurge then i can know what i can eat at these places. even carl''s jr has one or two things that are not *totally* bad for you.

on a funny random note, at the gym lately i have been checking out magazines that people bring in and give to the gym and someone must have brought in a bunch of old issues because there are all these issues of Shape and Self from 2004! totally random. but i figure why not i''ll read them. the funny thing is to see how things have changed. the 2004 mags are all about the low carb diet craze! it''s really interesting to read the articles about why low carb works or to read the ones from dietiticians that say ''dont bother with low carb just eat right''...also see all the ads for the low-carb candy bars, low-carb cereal etc etc. it''s all totally low-carb. but sometimes there still is good information on eating right overall or a cool workout i can do at home or something. but yeah like a blast from the past for sure. most of the low-carb stores around here have totally gone out of business and so many more mainstream stores stock low-calorie, low-fat, low-carb things now as a staple...and gosh doesn''t it all taste so much better than it did 2/5/7 years ago when all those things started coming out?? i remember seriously cardboard low-fat cookies like 8 years ago. and slow churned ice cream as soon as 2-3 years ago was NOT what it is today.

kimberly kudos on the 1 pb mini cup, hehehe. sometimes ya just gotta have it!!!

so breakfast this morning was fiber one and honey bunches of oats with ff milk and coffee. i wanted something warm for my throat but just didn''t feel like making anything so maybe later today i''ll have soup or oatmeal. i was going to have a cinammon roll originally (those things were so good) but i''ll save that til later as a treat.

have a great saturday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness; I just read through this thread.

Mara, good for you; quality of life is much more important than dealing with pain in the butt people!!!! Seriously! Whoo Whoo.

DeeJay I am glad you are feeling better!

JadeLeaves, I am so jealous you are in Phuket!

Kimberely, whoo whoo on the 1 pb cup. I had a similar situation at work; my cubemate brought tons of chocolate and I had 2 tiny ones and no more!

I love walking but allergy season is in full force here and it is very windy!!
7.gif

I am off to the gym to treadmill it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So I wasn''t really in the mood to workout, but it was a must do today and I managed to push through and do 100 sit ups. YIPEE!

Tonight we''re going out to dinner, Indian food again -- thanks to you, Sharon, I''ve discovered a new cuisine! -- and I''ll eat light today to compensate for going out and that''s about it.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone
35.gif

Yes, I''m still here...just very busy with work.
I''m heading out to the gym soon. I''ve been doing some exercise at home but it''s not the same.
Hopefully, I''ll find a regular schedule at the gym that fits into my lifestyle.

Enjoy the weekend!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/24/2007 1:51:05 PM
Author: KimberlyH
So I wasn''t really in the mood to workout, but it was a must do today and I managed to push through and do 100 sit ups. YIPEE!

Tonight we''re going out to dinner, Indian food again -- thanks to you, Sharon, I''ve discovered a new cuisine! -- and I''ll eat light today to compensate for going out and that''s about it.
WOW!! 100 situps! That''s
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 3:03:53 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 2/24/2007 1:51:05 PM
Author: KimberlyH

WOW!! 100 situps! That''s
36.gif
Thanks, Jeff. It is really hard for me to get motivated to do sit ups, I appreciate the support!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly are you trying to widen your stomach? If so, straight situps will do it!! Otherwise, make sure to do a lot of side to side crunches, and things like lifting your legs into the air and alternating touching toes with the opposite arm, 'riding the bicycle' exercise, etc. Things that make you cross your body with the arm and use the side of your stomach muscles. If you want to whittle your waist, straight situps won't do it. They will give you a lot of muscle under your skin, but that also can 'widen' a waist rather than make it smaller. I actually cut out ab work entirely after my injury last month and amazingly enough my cardio and I guess what I am doing on the elliptical etc is keeping my stomach very taut and flat. My coworker the other day was like 'your stomach is SO flat'...I was like YAY! But before the injury I was doing about 20 reps of about 5 diff exercises and doing the whole combo 2x. It goes by much faster when you are mixing it up too!!

I just went for a 60 minute walk, burning about 400 cals I would estimate (didn't wear HRM today) and then I did some leg and glute work at home. It looks like it might rain but I'm not sure...it's kind of alternating between gloomy and slightly sunny. I tried to take a nap earlier but I kept getting calls and honestly...I don't need to sleep unless I feel tired. I don't want to NURSE my cold..I just want to be respectful of it. hehe.

I am pretty snacky today...but I am trying to stick to ,mostly healthy stuff with lots of nutrients so it ends up being good for me. So far I have had a cup of fiber one and honey bunches of oats for morning breakfast, then I had a cinnamon roll (which actually I figured out the portion size etc, so they are 260 cals and 1g of fat for each huge roll, not bad!), and 1/2 an applesauce muffin. Right now I just had a 100 cal thomas' english muffin toasted crisp with some 'better n'peanut butter' ... I have been wanting to try the BnPB for a while and it's been in the pantry but I just never remembered it! Today I was like AH HA. It's really yummy and super sweet...I don't know why as sugars are only 2g per 2 tablespoons. It tastes to me like a mix of PB and honey. I know that some people had reviewed it online and said it was more like a PB and Jelly sandwich and they didn't like it, but to me it's more like PB and honey. It's yummy though. And 100 cals for 2 tblspoons. I wonder how it'd be mixed with the fage?

Tonite I am meeting girlfriends for drinks and dinner at this fabulous vietnamese fusion place...and I love their food. And desserts. And drinks. I probably won't eat as much volume wise since we'll be sharing a bunch of things, but I still figured I'd consume a lot of cals.

Anyway hope everyone else is having a good day...!! I really want to go to the plant nursery and get a few new roses...but I'm not sure about this weather! I may do it tomorrow.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hee, DJ, we also got that new chicken chile verde from TJ''s this morning. We also got the salmon patties, which I know nothing about other than that they are just 80 calories each - yay! So I think dinner one night this week will be those with either the precooked jasmine rice or the alexa fries (haven''t tried those yet, just bought them) and some steamed broccoli. (I can''t believe this is ME talking about such healthy dinners!)

I went to a different branch of our gym this morning, and it''s funny but just going someplace else made it more exciting and motivational for me! The machines are just slightly different, and I liked some a bit more than the ones at my normal gym, so I felt like I actually got a better workout. Plus I asked the guy for some good abs stuff that doens''t require lying down/too much head movement (vertigo), and he gave me some great ones using the resistance band and some balance disk thingie (better than the ones I got last week actually), so I gave my abs a goooooood workout!
36.gif
I still need to double the amount of time/cals burned on cardio though ... baby steps ...

Re: Fage 0%, yes, it''s still creamy. And if I hadn''t had the 2% first, I''m sure I would think the 0% was just yummy (just like how I love my nonfat lattes b/c I''ve never had a full-fat one to compare them to!), but comparing it to the 2%, it just feels like something (umm ... I know! Fat!) is missing ... and I do notice a difference in the texture. Not the creaminess exactly, but the texture when I eat it. I can''t really explain it any better than that, so sorry if that doesn''t really make any sense!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew--I am home from my real estate marathon! I ended up going to Starbucks and just having a skim latte and a banana in between clients because I wasn''t too hungry at that point but I knew I better eat something or else I''d be ready to chew the second client''s arm off half-way through the showings, LOL.

I really do think I''m starting to get better. I keep taking these super deep breaths to see if I have any tightness, and I still do a little, but not like it was. And when I got out of bed this morning it didn''t hurt either, which has been the case for the past few days.

ellaila, let me know how the chili chicken verde is. I was tempted to make it when I got home but it seems like a lot of food in the package so maybe I''ll wait ''till the happy hubby comes back and we can have it over rice some night for dinner.

Mara, I keep meaning to get some sort of bars to keep in my car and office but I haven''t done it yet. I can see a bunch of double client weekend days comming up so I will get some though because there''s nothing worse that trying to be cheery about a house when your stomach is growling loud enough to drown out your words!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip, Mara! I didn''t even think about what way to do situps, I just wanted to do something. Have a great GNO.

DeeJay, way to be on the way to recovery. I have my fingers crossed that you cont. to improve.

So on top of my elliptical workout, J and I just went for an hour long walk. It would have been about 40 minutes but I stopped to pet a dog down the street that was sunning herself and she decided to follow us 1/2 way home. Of course we had to walk her back safely (we live up a mountain w/o sidewallks and people tend to speed through the neighborhood). It was a good little walk.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kudos on the walk Kim! good to see you back around here Jeff!!

so my snacky day continued.
3.gif
i also read online that you burn more calories than your BMR when you have a fever, 7% additional for each degree your temperature rises. so assuming i have a slight fever then i guess i'm burning like 100-200 extra cals today. hehee. so i figured it wasn't SO bad. the funny thing is that even though i have been eating like a sow all day, i'm only at about 1300 cals. the problem is that for my dinner i budgeted about 1300 cals so the total at 2600 is a pretty huge amount for today. but then i thought OH WELL whatever. some days it's easier and some days its harder.
2.gif
who knows maybe i won't eat as much at dinner. and for the most part what i have had has been healthy...after my last post i had a mini quesadilla with 2% cheddar on a 50 cal tortilla, a 1/2 of applesauce bran muffin, a can of chicken and wild rice soup, drank some tea, then had 2 servings of honey bunches of oats and ff milk, and then some grapes!! lol. the funniest part is that i am NOT FULL. i am eating small portions so i am kind of 'satiated' at the same level throughout the day, kinda weird.

i'm pretty tired too and i keep trying to nap but it's very hard for me to nap, my mind is always very active during the day. so oh well. it's been a long day for me. i'm going to get ready for my night out soon, hope everyone else is having a less snacky and healthier aka no cold day! hehe.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey y''all........

Was feeling better today. It was a normal Saturday. I slept till 9:30 this morning, which was a super luxury to say the least. Then we had the cars washed (which was stupid since we just learned it will rain tomorrow), had a nice lunch, coffee at Panera, then a really good 3 hour workout. Nothing unusual in the workout, but I have been working on unassisted chinups and I''m now able to perform 2 sets of 10 reps each of chin ups and dips all on my own - no assist (actually, I can do more dips than chinups), which is really good progress. I''ve increased the amount of weight on most machines and I can really see more definition in my arms and chest (WOO HOO!). Mara, I had no idea that situps, which is something I do a lot of, could increase ones waist size, but then both Charlie and I have been doing more and more situps and we''ve both noticed our pants fitting just a smidge tighter. Still, I''d rather have muscles under my stomach skin, so I''ll probably just keep on doing situps.

Way to go on doing 100 situps Kimberly!!

I had to buy new flipflops. How exciting!! My old ones must have cracked and I wear them when I shower at the gym. But, I kept noticing that the bottom of my gym bag was really wet when I got home even though I dry my flops off before putting them away. Finding flip flops is not an easty task, but Walmart has them. My god, I''m a snob. Walmart is depressing. Sorry if you like shopping there. I actually saw a young couple looking at engagement rings there and from a distance the stones looked like frozen spit. I found it depressing and sad.

Tonight we went to a quirky (wonderful) restaurant called "Nofo at the Pig." I had a fantastic scallop over fresh spinach appetizer and for my dinner, I had seafood etoufee which was absolutely fantastic and it included shrimp, scallops and crayfish in a perfectly zingy etoufee sauce over the requisite brown rice. Yummm Yummm Yummm.

Tomorrow, it will be a regular Sunday with a good long workout included.

Hope you''re having a nice weekend.

Sorry to hear your not feeling too well Mara. Stress can really supress the immune system and I''m guessing the "fun" you''ve had at work has been quite stressful to say the least.

Jeff: Glad to hear your still breathing. Hard to tell if any of that breathing is from working out though?????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod maybe add some side to side situp varieties into your routine to help alleviate the waist gain?...i have read the whole thing about it increasing your waist size in a few shape type mags. i would imagine that it''s not a HUGE increase or anything crazy, but i know for most women who want to do situps, it''s to get a nice shapely flat firm waist and i know for me that does not = increasing my waist, lol. so i always have done a variety of ab work instead of just one thing. it''s funny because situps are a very old-fashioned exercise...and somehow it''s stuck around forever as that is the way to get a firm tight stomach. but i am living proof it doesn''t have to be so hehee. i defiitely have muscle under there but i don''t want too much on the ab area and i find overeating aka having really large meals is what tends to make my stomach bloat out and not be so firm visually!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it never occurred to me that my waist could increase a little because of muscle growth, but it makes sense. I do a lot of core work there. I start every workout with the back extension. Then, I do the Roman Candle, where I do a lot of forward (angled if you haven't seen one) situps. Then on to the crunch machine, where I've added a lot of weight and repetition over time. Finally, I do at leat 50 situps before moving on to my legs. And on alternate days, I also add planks. Plus, I've incorporated no less than 60 pushups with every workout! No wonder I've noticed a slight increase in my waist!! I'll take your advice Mara and add side to side varieties. Still, I'm not unhappy with my waist, even if it has grown ever so slightly. It's never been stronger in its' life!!
9.gif
36.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/24/2007 9:06:53 PM
Author: Rod
Hey y''all........

Was feeling better today. It was a normal Saturday. I slept till 9:30 this morning, which was a super luxury to say the least. Then we had the cars washed (which was stupid since we just learned it will rain tomorrow), had a nice lunch, coffee at Panera, then a really good 3 hour workout. Nothing unusual in the workout, but I have been working on unassisted chinups and I''m now able to perform 2 sets of 10 reps each of chin ups and dips all on my own - no assist (actually, I can do more dips than chinups), which is really good progress. I''ve increased the amount of weight on most machines and I can really see more definition in my arms and chest (WOO HOO!). Mara, I had no idea that situps, which is something I do a lot of, could increase ones waist size, but then both Charlie and I have been doing more and more situps and we''ve both noticed our pants fitting just a smidge tighter. Still, I''d rather have muscles under my stomach skin, so I''ll probably just keep on doing situps.

I had to buy new flipflops. How exciting!! My old ones must have cracked and I wear them when I shower at the gym. But, I kept noticing that the bottom of my gym bag was really wet when I got home even though I dry my flops off before putting them away. Finding flip flops is not an easty task, but Walmart has them. My god, I''m a snob. Walmart is depressing. Sorry if you like shopping there. I actually saw a young couple looking at engagement rings there and from a distance the stones looked like frozen spit. I found it depressing and sad.

Tonight we went to a quirky (wonderful) restaurant called ''Nofo at the Pig.'' I had a fantastic scallop over fresh spinach appetizer and for my dinner, I had seafood etoufee which was absolutely fantastic and it included shrimp, scallops and crayfish in a perfectly zingy etoufee sauce over the requisite brown rice. Yummm Yummm Yummm.

Sorry to hear your not feeling too well Mara. Stress can really supress the immune system and I''m guessing the ''fun'' you''ve had at work has been quite stressful to say the least.

Jeff: Glad to hear your still breathing. Hard to tell if any of that breathing is from working out though?????
A real comedian, that Rod
9.gif

Yes I am breathing just fine, thank you AND I''m able to sit up and take nourishment.

Walmart is the #1 seller of jewelry in the world.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2007 10:32:16 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 2/24/2007 9:06:53 PM
Author: Rod
Hey y''all........

Tonight we went to a quirky (wonderful) restaurant called ''Nofo at the Pig.'' I had a fantastic scallop over fresh spinach appetizer and for my dinner, I had seafood etoufee which was absolutely fantastic and it included shrimp, scallops and crayfish in a perfectly zingy etoufee sauce over the requisite brown rice. Yummm Yummm Yummm.

Sorry to hear your not feeling too well Mara. Stress can really supress the immune system and I''m guessing the ''fun'' you''ve had at work has been quite stressful to say the least.

A real comedian, that Rod
9.gif

Yes I am breathing just fine, thank you AND I''m able to sit up and take nourishment.

Walmart is the #1 seller of jewelry in the world.
23.gif
14.gif
15.gif
38.gif
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so back from dinner and just checking in before bed...so yeah...today was a marathon eating day. haha.

dinner was amazing...we had the crab wonton soup in a lemongrass coconut broth...which was soo good...and the crab garlic noodles, mmmm. we also had a papaya salad which was like a cutup kinda carrot cabbage thing with papaya and beef; and lemongrass seabass which was soo yummy, and then these prawns that were monster size in some sort of sauce, and then some interesting egg sticky rice along with a lemongrass rice that was really yummy. because we shared everything it was small portions on the plates...aka a handful of each thing, the prawns we all just got one, the wonton soup we got a small bowl with one wonton in it etc. i ate a little more of the lemongrass rice and the garlic crab noodles. then for dessert we all shared a banana bread pudding which was okay, an apple tart with cinnamon ice cream which was okay, and then an AMAZING valhrona chocolate pot de creme...which was seriously yum. the girls i was with are grazers so i was the cleanup crew on everything, esp the desserts, lol. i ate more than my fair share of those!!

the weirdest thing for me is i was telling my friend that i literally was not full today!!! even after all the things i ate and the dinner and all that, i am ''satisfied''. it seems like i am hardly ever *full* anymore. which is a good thing i guess because then i don''t have to worry about ''overstuffing'' but on the other hand i am like damn i feel bottomless!!! it''s kinda strange.

anyway, it''s off to the gym tomorrow for my last hard workout before a break on monday. hopefully my body will hold up. i feel the cold moving into my sinuses so hopefully it''s progression means it will be gone that much faster!! i got some medicine too so at least i will feel better during the days.

anyway hope everyone had a fab evening!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results