shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Feb till 25th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I do agree with Rod that you should not have to endure abuse. I hope that it isn''t too stressful for you tomorrow.

I''ve been in a similar situation as you with the job I am currently in. My boss and I had quite a fall out. I won''t go into why, but it was partially my fault, however he was quite harsh with a coworker and me. I have never felt lectured like a child in my professional life and it was a horrible feeling. I''ve prided myself on my career and my good rapport with all my bosses. Before the fall out happened, I complained to TGuy all the time about him, and my feelings became more and more negative about my boss. Then it all blew up in my face at a sales meeting.

I flew home from the sales meeting and started looking right away for another job, thinking I would get fired. He didn''t speak to me on the phone for a month - only communicated by email. After really thinking about it, I decided to stay and just worked harder and harder and learned how to "play the game" so to speak. It did take two months for us to have a decent working relationship again. Of course, it did help that we don''t work out of the same office.

My boss and I get along great now, and he has earned my respect. He is a good boss - as long as I follow some reasonable rules. Some people would balk at the fact that I stuck it out after the stories I told, but like you, I hate to give up. I don''t feel my boss is abusive like yours seems to be though. For me, part of stretching myself in my career was learning to succeed in different types of organizations - and I believe you know where I work (it''s on my business card I gave you). Our organization can be very political. Previously, I had always been in laid back companies with gen-x type bosses who had no care for office hierarchy. For me, it was a very good (learning) experience to stick it out at my current company, and now a year and half later, I love my job.

I''m not saying this to say you should stay. I am sharing my story to say I understand very much how you feel. It''s a really sucky, downer place to be...especially for gals like us who tend not to be downer kind of women.

Good luck Mara!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank heather, TG, and kate...i appreciate the sentiments.

honestly TG there have been days where i just want to walk out. but i am not like that. i always give 2 weeks, i typically find a new gig etc. i like to leave on good terms. i thought, okay i can stick it out 6 months. then get to 9 months. kinda like the elliptical workouts lol. but seriously it seems like day after day i dread going in more and more. and then she says things (aka ''do not interrupt me when i am speaking'') where i am like WTF...who says stuff like that? am i 2? there are a TON of other examples...oh my god my friends and family (and poor greg) are tired of hearing them.

anyway, today was seriously the last straw. she and i have had small spats before but this was full out agro. and the way she spoke to me, TOTALLY unacceptable. i asked all my friends if anyone had EVER spoken to them like that and they were all appalled. and our company is tiny. so there is no HR dept to really formally complain to or anything (it''d probably just set her off!) and she terrorizes everyone basically. she spent all afternoon bitching to the CEO. she''s just unbalanced. and i don''t want to work for her anymore. even on her good days where she is chipper, you are worried she is going to FLIP because it changes that quickly. totally mental. and in our close work environment there is no escaping her. anyhoo....i wrote out my resignation letter so just gotta print it out.

i just had what i think was about 1.5 servings of the mocha almond fudge ice cream...yum yum and yum. love that stuff. never having full fat again if i can help it! my total daily cals is probably at about 1550 so where i wanted to be...i wanted 3 light days this week and then my wed splurge, tomorrow night i am going to our fave chinese place (amazingly light, fresh chinese chicken salad) with my parents (and my sister is having a sleepover here), and then saturday i am going out with some girlfriends to this amazing vietnamese fusion place, crab garlic noodles anyone? YUM.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Power tripping women...gotta love it.
14.gif

She does sound abusive, and just plain out whack. It''s great that Greg supports you in this decision and you won''t be too financially bad off for it. Again, good luck tomorrow Mara, and please keep us posted - you are going to feel so relieved and happy when you throw down that letter!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Mara- that sucks that you have to go through this! There are just some things that aren''t worth "sticking it out". That doesn''t mean you are a quitter though. I had to quit my job when I kept getting a horrible reaction to the gloves I had to wear. Their solution was for me to not wear protective gloves (!?!) or to just deal with bright red, painful, bumpy, irritated skin all the time. I know I could have complained to OSHA but I decided I could not work for an employer who put safety and well being as a complete last priority. When things from work are affecting you physically or emotionally it is just not worth it. I am glad Greg is supporting you and I am sure you will find a great job soon. There will always be more jobs but you won''t ever gain back the time you spent frustrated over your boss!

This week has gone really well for me as far as eating. I couldn''t work out at the beginning of the week so I cut my food intake down some and I am still feeling great. I have gotten back on the elliptical the past few days and it feels so good. I was still sore for all the ice accidents when I first went on it but I think it really helped to stretch my muscles. My clothes are definitely looser so I am happy with how things are going. This thread is so great for inspiration and ideas. I LOVE 0% fage. I have it with a little bit of Splenda and some vanilla extract and put it in the freezer so it gets nice and cold
18.gif
. I am also excited to try the steelcut frozen oatmeal from TJ. Is it pretty sweet when you make it or do you have to add anything?

Have a good Friday everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, if leaving your job is the right thing to do (and I get the impression that it is based on what you've said) then you are doing absolutely the correct thing by resigning. I know it's hard and that you're disappointed it didn't work out, but the most important thing is for you to move into a role where you feel appreciated and that your hard work is recognized. Crazy bipolar bosses are never a good thing! Let us know how it goes; we'll definitely be thinking of you today.

And I'm glad you liked the shu mai! I eat these things alls the time. Did you make them in the microwave and then pan fry them for a minute or some other way? And really the only thing I mind when the HH is gone is walking the Demon. The after work walk is fine, but having to get up early and stay up late only to trudge around in the cold and pick up dog poop is not really my idea of a good time.

Thanks all for the support regarding my mysterious health issue. As I mentioned last night they took a bunch of blood (you have NO IDEA how much that freaks me out! just the concept of it makes me panic, let alone the actual procedure
32.gif
-- it's a good thing I'm not a fainter, LOL) so hopefully the tests that they run will produce some sort of result. Otherwise I don't know what to do other than keep taking Aleve and waiting to see what happens. So frustrating...

The good news is I've lost a pound since I had to stop working out, ha ha!

I think I'm springing for sushi for lunch. I've planned it out and if I have oatmeal for breakfast, a banana for an afternoon snack, and soup for dinner I can easily fit it in and still be at the very bottom of my cal range (which is where I'm sticking since I can't do anything active at the moment). Woo hoo -- nothing like a little raw fish in the middle of the day!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - good luck today!

DeeJay - hope you feel better soon!

Woke up at 5 am this morning to get my workout in cause I''m leaving work at noon today to go to the airport to go and visit my fiance (yeay!). That makes 6 cardio sessions and 3 weight sessions this week for me. I''ve averaged consuming 1350 calories/day this week. Not much change on the scale, but whatever, it''ll come.

We''re going out to eat on Saturday at this sushi buffet restaurant that''s my fiance''s favorite place - it was his birthday a week ago and this is his birthday dinner. It''s a chain restaurant and the fact that it''s a buffet sort of encourages overconsumption, I guess. I''m sure it''s not gourmet sushi or anything, but it''s pretty decent, I think. A lot of Asian people are always eating there, and that''s my fiance''s way of judging if a place is good or not (he''s Chinese), so I guess it''s OK! I''ve been pretty good lately, so I''m going to indulge a little...eat a bunch of sushi and crab legs. But skip the "hot food" side since it''s pretty mediocre and just filler. I feel a little embarrassed writing about our exciting excursion to a chain buffet restaurant after all the chain bashing above!
1.gif

Anyway, have a great weekend, everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil -- your post reminded me I have to eat a little crow (hmm... wonder how many calories in crow... ) about chain restaurants because there is one that we go to with relative frequency and I totally forgot it was part of a chain. It''s called Wildfire and it''s a steakhouse. There are a few in Chicagoland and there might even be a couple in other states now. Anyway, it''s very good and we eat there at least every couple of months (more often in the summer when it''s nice out and we can just walk over--otherwise parking is a PITA and it distresses the happy hubby to pay $10 for a valet, LOL).

Anyway, Basil, go enjoy your sushi!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
mara said: "yeah maggianos is definitely yummy, but it''s so mass america. i don''t know if anyone read what i posted previously but they do not post nutritional information online and a lot of online blogs were kind of irritated with that. well hello there''s a reason. those huge portions, think they are remotely good for your waistline or heart? the SMALL pastas, the 1/2 servings? ONE POUND of pasta. that''s 8 technical servings if you were making it from a box. one pound is a box. and that is what they serve you as the small. and just for posterity, one lb of plain pasta is 1600 cals." (sorry, i''m not good at quoting/highlighting!)

that''s outrageous! do you mean it''s the equiv of a whole box of pasta? makes me wonder if it''s just a whole lb after it''s cooked? maybe that''s just 1/2 or a 1/3 a lb of dry pasta.

i''m sorry about your work situation. i was thinking maybe she''s going through menopause, but then i saw she''s your age! what a weirdo.

i haven''t been to the gym all week b/c of the back/shoulder issue, but i hope to return this weekend. i wanted to go today but i think i need to work on my wedding invitations b/c i''ve been putting that off for way too long (i''m hand writing them b/c it''s such a small wedding and i want them to be personalized). the scale is the same--145, so i''ve lost 4 lbs and i think probably replaced a little fat w/ muscle.

bee, i just wanted to let you know that i think you''re fabulous for your progress and all the weight you''ve lost lately! keep up the healthy eating and exercise--aren''t you almost at your benchmark (1 stone??) for some spa treatments or something?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Mara--sorry, have I missed your posts before about your uneasiness at work? I thought you were happy with your new job/move. I must live in some alternative universe. At any rate, I would never stay in a job where a boss was abusive or where the work made me unhappy--in any way. It might sound trite, but it really is true, that life is just too short. You really have to look after yourself, since no one else can do that for you. And above all, please yourself. Good luck with your desicion--it cannot be easy.

kind regards, Sharon

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, good luck to you today! I hope the situation works out for the best, whatever the best may be. You're a smart (low-fat
2.gif
) cookie, so I know you'll wind up on your feet!

DJ, you must try the Fage yogurt -- it's sooooo yummy!! I eat the 2% (though I've got a 0% in the fridge that I'm about to try) with quite a bit of splenda and a touch of real sugar b/c I like the crunch of real sugar, and I swear it tastes like a heavier cool whip. Delicious!! TGal, not sure about cocoa powder, but I could see some Hershey's syrup being a nice li'l addition ...
3.gif

Indecisive, I think the steel-cut TJ's frozen oatmeal needs a LOT of sweetening! (But then again I'm a brown sugar junkie.) I add brown sugar, a touch of maple syrup, and dried cranberries or bananas. Plain, I find it just too blah.

ETA: Just tried the 0% and ... it's good! It's slightly less "textured," if that makes any sense, but not drastically different from the 2% as far as I'm concerned.

ETA2: The more I eat the 0%, the more I miss the 2%. I think I'm sticking with 2%. Final answer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - I am so sorry to hear about the work aggro, but good for you for taking control! Something far better is just around the corner, I too wouldn''t be a bit surprised if the stress did contribute to your stomach troubles. Anyway, rooting for you girl!

Dee - I managed a bit on the elliptical for you - I know you will get good news!

I feel a bit better today and did a bit of exercise yesterday, so I will try some more later

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: So sorry about the crappy boss situation and that you feel backed into a corner. I had a boss like this. The hardest part of it was she was my friend first so it really made a mess of our friendship. One day she''d come in as sweet as can be, the next she storm in, on her cell phone yelling at whomever would take it (ussually personal calls to her mom, boyfriend, etc.) slam her office door and emerge a tyrant. I was always on eggshells, such a miserable experience. Good luck to you today.

Basil: don''t feel bad about going to chain restaurants! We all have our likes and dislikes and there''s nothing wrong with enjoying good Chinese buffet!

Rod: I live in one of those huge houses, but I actually agree with you. DH works from home, I go to school online and we are both home all of the time, so it is great that we have as much space as we do. We have enough room to each have our own office, which is a huge positive for us, but really not neccessary. J would have a tough time living in a smaller space, he grew up in houses that we''re all over 4000 sq. ft. so this is normal for him (and his experience was abnormal for the time he grew up in). I grew up in a 900 sq. ft. 2/1 home, then my parents moved us to a 3/2 1600 sq. ft home when I was 14 and we thought we lived in a castle at the time. We do live in a reasonably rural area, so the houses aren''t stacked on top of one another but they are all quite large. I hate the monster cars/trucks also. The theme of Americans seems to be more is better now. It''s sort of scary.

Today is a workout day, which I am looking forward to. Not sure what our plans are for dinner.

J made veal last night and it was FANTASTIC! He breaded it and added a bit of some specialty sort of mustard into the mix along with some garlic and lemon, YUM!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the well wishes guys, oh TG she is on a serious power trip. one minute i am her 'confidant' and the next minute i am her 'employee' (read child). it's very mentally disconcerting. i feel a bit more 'zen' about it today after talking to greg again last nite, he was like 'whatever, the company sucks anyway', and it made me laugh. the company doesn't suck persay as it's doing quite well but i know what he means and it was just kind of funny. i'm still a bit nervous but like he said, why be nervous, i am leaving! i am very thankful that greg is totally in support of me, not like i didn't know but my husband is awesome. i just wish he were home!
39.gif

so i slept like a BABY last nite, nothing like a little stress to make you forget you are staying home alone in a big empty house (i tend to be restless and not sleep well when greg is gone typically)...but i also woke up with a sore throat. so i am piling on the echinacea and emergenC today..i really don't want to be sick.

i had one of the cinnamon rolls this morning but i have a feeling they are not 130 per roll. i noticed that the serving size says 55g and it doesn't say '1 roll'. but of course nowhere does it say how many g's the package of 4 is. sneaky!! so i looked it up online and saw that 60g is a 2 3/4" cinammon roll square and mine was more like 3". (some cinammon rolls i guess are like 99g but it didn't say inch so hard to measure). so i think mine might be a bit more cals than 130 but hopefully not too much. i'm putting in 200 for my calculator just to be conservative. at least it's lowfat at .5g per serving so even if it's more than 1 serving, i'm not eating a bunch of fat. and it was really yummy heated up. and it has a bit of fiber too hehe. definitely a nice treat.

nejarb, yeah i am not sure how much prepared pasta it is but i just know in the box 1lb is a box of dry and it is 8 servings. maybe it's even more when cooked!! but i have seen other estimates of pasta plates at the gym for restaurant size and typically it says a restaurant serving of spaghetti and meatballs is at least 2k calories. so that 1600 for plain pasta with maybe another 5-700ish for meat sauce could be really close to what it is. just crazy!

yesterday went to BBB and got a 'snapware' storage set for the fridge (containers for leftovers, the one thing i really don't have!) and also a spaghetti measurer!! now we can know for sure how many servings we are eating for things, i am so bad about trying to measure things out. it's just for stick spaghetti but that's okay. now i know what 2 oz really looks like.

so we'll see how today goes. as of late this morning i might be totally unemployed. my mom was like 'lets go to the movies this afternoon!'. so at least i have a good support system.
3.gif
and i looked at jobs last nite and there are a bunch out there for my specialties so i will start checking into them today as well. a few contract positions which might actually be fine because we ARE talking about moving away so maybe a 6 month contract would be the perfect tide-me-over.

DJ i totally love the chicken shu mai. i just did them in the micro since i was tired after the day but they turned out great. i ate them with a bit of hot mustard instead of the soy sauce packet.

indecisive, i actually don't really flavor the TJ's frozen steel cut oatmeal that much, i just add another tsp of brown sugar and find that i like the consistency of the dish enough to not add too many sweeteners. which is funny because i do like my brown sugar! if you want to add more flavoring with less cals, add in sugar free maple syrup and splenda/brown sugar maybe instead.

basil, lol about the chain restaurants, hey i said we do eat at them sometimes!! but overall not a general fan. we have one sushi buffet place here called Todai which i have never been to and honestly...i can't think of anything more gross than a sushi buffet!!! for me sushi needs to be such top quality, it's RAW FISH and i don't see an all you can eat buffet atmosphere in general as contributing to that idea of quality fish at all. i would be too afraid of getting sick. but that's just me and my neurosis, enjoy your outing...it's funny how sometimes the boys love places like that, greg actually like going to denny's sometimes (i know...seriously...but i have a favorite thing there too!!) as a guilty late nite pleasure so we do that like 2x a year!! i don't even wanna think about that food 'quality', hehe. so we all have our dirty little secrets!

anyhow off to get ready ... hope everyone is having a wonderful day. ITS FRIDAY!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 10:49:04 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Mara: So sorry about the crappy boss situation and that you feel backed into a corner. I had a boss like this. The hardest part of it was she was my friend first so it really made a mess of our friendship. One day she''d come in as sweet as can be, the next she storm in, on her cell phone yelling at whomever would take it (ussually personal calls to her mom, boyfriend, etc.) slam her office door and emerge a tyrant. I was always on eggshells, such a miserable experience. Good luck to you today.

Basil: don''t feel bad about going to chain restaurants! We all have our likes and dislikes and there''s nothing wrong with enjoying good Chinese buffet!

Rod: I live in one of those huge houses, but I actually agree with you. DH works from home, I go to school online and we are both home all of the time, so it is great that we have as much space as we do. We have enough room to each have our own office, which is a huge positive for us, but really not neccessary. J would have a tough time living in a smaller space, he grew up in houses that we''re all over 4000 sq. ft. so this is normal for him (and his experience was abnormal for the time he grew up in). I grew up in a 900 sq. ft. 2/1 home, then my parents moved us to a 3/2 1600 sq. ft home when I was 14 and we thought we lived in a castle at the time. We do live in a reasonably rural area, so the houses aren''t stacked on top of one another but they are all quite large. I hate the monster cars/trucks also. The theme of Americans seems to be more is better now. It''s sort of scary.

Today is a workout day, which I am looking forward to. Not sure what our plans are for dinner.

J made veal last night and it was FANTASTIC! He breaded it and added a bit of some specialty sort of mustard into the mix along with some garlic and lemon, YUM!
Charlie and I are going to come live with you and J!!!
31.gif
You''ve got the space and J''s cooking always sounds so so so fantastic!!!!!!!
21.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
One quick note on the shu mai: our sauce packet actually opened up in the box, so it had soaked into quite a few of the dumplings before we even cooked (errr, nuked) them, and I think that made them even better! I may actually DO that next time on purpose! I also thought about panfrying them instead of nuking them (DJ, did you say you do that sometimes?) b/c I tend to like things crispy ... I can see that being really yummy.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mara: I have you on my heart today, and I''m channelling a ton of positive energy and strength your way.

I know you''ll do fine; stand firm and don''t put up with any ca-ca.

You''re on my mind, and I''ll be sure to check in with you later on.

Much love to you......my soul sister!
Al

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 11:16:29 AM
Author: ellaila
One quick note on the shu mai: our sauce packet actually opened up in the box, so it had soaked into quite a few of the dumplings before we even cooked (errr, nuked) them, and I think that made them even better! I may actually DO that next time on purpose! I also thought about panfrying them instead of nuking them (DJ, did you say you do that sometimes?) b/c I tend to like things crispy ... I can see that being really yummy.

Ellaila, I nuke them for two minutes and then pan fry them just for a little crispiness, even though they are fully cooked at that point from being in the microwave.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 11:04:07 AM
Author: Rod

31.gif
21.gif
John is a fantastic cook! But even with all this space he''s talking about converting the garage into a guest house (he''s big on his privacy!). Ah the perfect room for you and Charile!!!
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 11:33:10 AM

Date: 2/23/2007 11:04:07 AM
Author: Rod

31.gif
21.gif
John is a fantastic cook! But even with all this space he''s talking about converting the garage into a guest house (he''s big on his privacy!). Ah the perfect room for you and Charile!!!
2.gif
Woo Hoo!! Sign us up!!!!
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellalia, you''ve convinced me to stick with the 2%. It''s not the taste I love about Fage, but the texture. Love the creaminess! If the 0% is missing that, it wouldn''t work for me. Thanks for the review!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DJ
35.gif
I had my interview this morning, and I have to say that it went just "okay". it is sort of a different branch for me in terms of my work experience, so i''m a bit nervous and uneasy in that respect. I felt like they grilled me... but its been awhile since I''ve actually interviewed and I''m rusty, so I''ll just look as it as practice.

Mara, I''m sorry to hear your about your job woes as well. I was very unhappy in a job before, and if you feel in your gut that you want to just walk out and leave, then by all means, do so. if you and greg are okay financially for a bit, then its the best thing at this point. You will find something better
2.gif

As for the rest of the afternoon, i''m all wound up, so i''m going to hit the gym and do a 45 min workout to ease out some stress.

TGIF <----- amen!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so now that the weather is better here I''ve been getting back to my kids/dog walks which is great. my girls are also getting bigger so I have to work harder to push them, several other folks out walking keep suggesting I tie zoe to the front and let her pull them. I admit I''m tempted at times but really do need to do the work myself. although i love walking with the *gang* i much prefer just taking my dog. I can go a lot faster and further so this morning I got up at 6:00am (still pretty cold at that time which is no fun) but zoe and I walked for almost an hour which was great. I need to get one of those calorie burners so i know how much I''m really doing. I ate one of my larabars for breakfast (wanted it to be light b/c hubby and I went to an early lunch). anyway, I hope to get another family walk in later.

mara, just wanted you to know i''m thinking about you today. when you mentioned your stomach problems might be work/stress related it reminded me that my sister had a ton a stomach problems develop when she started her new job. she was worked up all the time about it and I kept thinking she''s going to get an ulcer. she also developed TMJ b/c she tightens her jaw when stressed and they discovered she even does it when she sleeps so she had to wear a special brace. No job is worth that amount of stress and I agree that it sounds like leaving is a good solution for your mental and physical health. i hope it goes well for you today.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh the 0% is creamy, it just has a bit of a diff texture to it. i like the 2% but the 0% doesnt taste that much better/worse/different for me...so I figure why eat the extra cals lol. but i have a 2% in the fridge so i will eat that maybe today for lunch!

so i had my meeting and turned in my resignation. i let my boss get as far as ''your behavior lately has been unacceptable'' before i said ''before you continue, let me just hand you this resignation''...hehe. i made sure the COO was in with me, and i had gone in and talked with him for 20 minutes before the meeting and kind of told him everything. he was really sweet, he said ''we are hiring here in this dept, do you want to come work for me?''...haha. he said i was the ''silent warrior'' type who just did their work, kept their head down and stayed out of the drama and they would be really sorry to lose me. he also asked if this psycho gal was gone in 2 months would i come back (there have been a lot of complaints about her). i said i would definitely consider it. haha. so anyway that made me feel better about doing the right thing...and the ''meeting'' was short and sweet. she agreed that things were not working out and i said i wanted to leave on positive terms so was more than willing to stay and assist for a week or two or however long they needed. of course she had to try to get in some snipey comment about how i ''should be on my best behavior while i am here and stop talking back'' haha...i said ''well i would just ask if you have something to say to me, take me in private and say it, do NOT berate me in front of others''. oh and then my friend/coworker had the same type of ''review'' with her (since she was involved yesterday) and my coworker walked out of it after the first line, and told her she couldn''t treat her like that, then went home for the weekend. yikes! serious drama all over.

anyhow...i am having a sugar-free non-fat cinammon dolce latte for a snack, and then i am meeting my coworker who went home for the weekend for a little retail therapy at the mall at noon, lol. hope everyone is having a great day!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s creamy eh? Hm...I guess I should see for myself once and for all.

Thanks for the update Mara. It sounds like you totally did the right thing...this woman sounds unreal. Hopefully psycho will be gone and they can woo you back.

Will you be able to collect unemployment? I believe even though you resigned, if it was a hostile work environment, you still be able to collect. That might help things financially for awhile.

Anyway, you go girl! Way to stand your ground!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 2:07:07 PM
Author: Mara
oh the 0% is creamy, it just has a bit of a diff texture to it. i like the 2% but the 0% doesnt taste that much better/worse/different for me...so I figure why eat the extra cals lol. but i have a 2% in the fridge so i will eat that maybe today for lunch!

so i had my meeting and turned in my resignation. i let my boss get as far as ''your behavior lately has been unacceptable'' before i said ''before you continue, let me just hand you this resignation''...hehe. i made sure the COO was in with me, and i had gone in and talked with him for 20 minutes before the meeting and kind of told him everything. he was really sweet, he said ''we are hiring here in this dept, do you want to come work for me?''...haha. he said i was the ''silent warrior'' type who just did their work, kept their head down and stayed out of the drama and they would be really sorry to lose me. he also asked if this psycho gal was gone in 2 months would i come back (there have been a lot of complaints about her). i said i would definitely consider it. haha. so anyway that made me feel better about doing the right thing...and the ''meeting'' was short and sweet. she agreed that things were not working out and i said i wanted to leave on positive terms so was more than willing to stay and assist for a week or two or however long they needed. of course she had to try to get in some snipey comment about how i ''should be on my best behavior while i am here and stop talking back'' haha...i said ''well i would just ask if you have something to say to me, take me in private and say it, do NOT berate me in front of others''. oh and then my friend/coworker had the same type of ''review'' with her (since she was involved yesterday) and my coworker walked out of it after the first line, and told her she couldn''t treat her like that, then went home for the weekend. yikes! serious drama all over.

anyhow...i am having a sugar-free non-fat cinammon dolce latte for a snack, and then i am meeting my coworker who went home for the weekend for a little retail therapy at the mall at noon, lol. hope everyone is having a great day!!
HI:

Sounds like this gal is quite worried/insecure about her own position and future.... Regardless, glad you did what you needed to do! And retail therapy sounds good!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: Enjoy your retail therapy and I hope you are content in knowing you made the best decision for you.

I ended up having to deal with a bunch of beauracratic crap with school and it totally deterred me from working out. Tomorrow and Sunday will have to be good enough. I can still meet my calories burned goal for the week.

The BBQ with the bad food got cancelled, so tomorrow night we''re going back to that delish Indian restaurant and then to a movie. Should be fun.

It''s cold and wet and just plain yucky here!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone, i am content for the most part. it''s just kind of awkward right now because we all sit SUPER close together and have half-cubes so it''s like all this silent drama floating back and forth esp since she knows that one of her coworkers walked out and i just resigned...lol. and her other 2 new people who just started are FREAKING out. so i can''t WAIT to leave in 30 minutes and go away for a few hours...and then i am SO leaving early. unfortunately i didn''t bring my workout stuff with me, though i may be able to go home after the mall and get it...so i can go burn off some steam after work before meeting my parents for dinner. i''d like to get a few hundred calories burned today before eating chinese tonite!
3.gif

yay for no bbq with bad food kimberly. indian sounds MUCH more fun. hehe. sharon have you been feeling better?

TG re unemployment, i thought if you resigned you couldn''t get it? i will look into it though...we''ll see! if i stay here and transition for a week or so, that will be good $$ wise, and then if i can line up a contract or something PT in the meantime it''d be great. we will be more than fine for at least a few months if not longer...but obviously i''d like this to not impact too many planned fun stuff for 2007...hehee...i have my priorities!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, not necessarily. Someone in your company has to OK it, I think when EDD (or maybe it''s EED) contacts them. If it was a tough environment, you can claim it. I did it years ago when we used to have unemployment interviews, but I hear it''s still the case here in california.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 2:51:22 PM
Author: Mara
thanks everyone, i am content for the most part. it''s just kind of awkward right now because we all sit SUPER close together and have half-cubes so it''s like all this silent drama floating back and forth esp since she knows that one of her coworkers walked out and i just resigned...lol. and her other 2 new people who just started are FREAKING out. so i can''t WAIT to leave in 30 minutes and go away for a few hours...and then i am SO leaving early. unfortunately i didn''t bring my workout stuff with me, though i may be able to go home after the mall and get it...so i can go burn off some steam after work before meeting my parents for dinner. i''d like to get a few hundred calories burned today before eating chinese tonite!
3.gif

yay for no bbq with bad food kimberly. indian sounds MUCH more fun. hehe. sharon have you been feeling better?

TG re unemployment, i thought if you resigned you couldn''t get it? i will look into it though...we''ll see! if i stay here and transition for a week or so, that will be good $$ wise, and then if i can line up a contract or something PT in the meantime it''d be great. we will be more than fine for at least a few months if not longer...but obviously i''d like this to not impact too many planned fun stuff for 2007...hehee...i have my priorities!!

Good for you Mara. way to stick up for yourself.

I''m glad things went well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results