shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 17th Sept till 23rd Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All.

We''re back home after a fabulous trip and I''m definitely feeling the back to normalcy blues.

We arrived late Wednesday evening, but managed to make our 10:45 reservation at Bar Americain. Dinner was delicious, arugala salad, filet mignon, yummy! Went back to the hotel and slept like babies. Thursday we had breakfast and took a nice looong walk around Manhattan, through Central Park and perused the jewelry district. We had early dinner reservations at Il Trullio (mini calzones, caprese salad, both shared, brocolli rabe served over gnocchi, yummy!) and then off to see Jimmy Buffett (so amazing!). Friday we took a boat tour around Manhattan, a very fun way to spend three hours. Had dinner at Cafe Boulod; I told John I can''t imagne what he does to make Daniel outshine that place as it was the best meal I may have ever had. I enjoyed a beet salad, veal and summer root vegetables; dessert was the most amazing cholocate pot de creme served with vanilla rock salt ice cream. Hate to be cliche...died...heaven, you know the rest. Saturday we walked Greenwich Village, had a delicious breakfast at a little Italian bistro and then it started to rain. So we went to the history museum that had a Sept. 11th memorial exhibit, very touching, a truly fabulous experience. Dinner was at craft. I had a frise salad w/ hazelnuts, pork shoulder in tomatillo and we split potato puree, Italian green beans and a chocolate lava cake with cinammon ice cream.

We walked enough that I don''t think I''ll have gained too much weight. I''m not going to worry about it for a few weeks...I''m just going to return to calorie counting tomorrow and give my body some time to work it''s way back.

It sounds like everyone had a good week, I''m so glad. DeeJay and Rod how fun that you get to meet up!

John is off at the grocery store picking up salad ingredients. We''re having that with pesto pasta for dinner. I''m so thankful and lucky that he cooks!

Enjoy what is left of the weekend everyone!

~K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
basil...oh i guess i thought if you can go to the cafeteria or whatever and get something to eat, you could bring healthy sealed snacks in. maybe in your purse? or leave them in your car? also, if you can bring a LC then that means there's a freezer somewhere right? so couldn't you bring other things too for the freezer/fridge? i feel like i am on crack here, am i totally missing something? hehee. oh and which brand of TJ's bread is high fiber and 40 cals? so far my flax seed bread is 50 cals and has a fair amount of fiber but i am always looking for new ideas for less cals hehe.

skip, rod did say that he and charlie meet up at the sushi place around 6pm typically in his original post...hehee. i really hope that you guys have a good time rod, should be fun! enjoy some sushi for meee!

so we went and did a 5m hike and then visited with my parents a bit and gave them my opinion on the house plans they had drawn up for this property they are building. i was like 'well if i was paying for it, i'd put a double fireplace right here' blah blah. my dad was like sure spend my money why don't you! hehe. of course my mom was like 'oh good idea, let me pencil that in!'
31.gif

then we went to the grocery store to get the goodies for dinner tonite. cooked up our meat and sauce in a super big saucepan and now it's all marinating in the crockpot. mrs salvo, i went to get more of the emerils kicked up tomato at the local place that carries it and the entire store was gone!!! they closed it and are putting an asian market there. i was like WHAAA?? so now i am wondering if the one other market like this is closed too and if so, yikes! i loved that place!! it was like a safeway or albertsons typical grocery store but smaller and more boutique and the brand had been around for a while. i'm so sad if they are entirely gone. and if so i have to get the emerils stuff online, darnit!! what a pain. because i bought some other sauce and did a mix of that with some spices and herbs and it's just SO not the same. it's still good but ugh i loved the kicked up tomato.

i also found these interesting muffins at the store, i guess they have some new brand of food there called Eating Right and it is supposed to be more healthy takes on things. like their sauce for tomato basil is like 50 cals and has more protein in it than a similar barrillo kind of tomato basil which is 90 cals and less protein. and it tastes good, i got one to try. so the muffins are blueberry bran and smell really yummy, 230 cals for one and 2g fiber and 5g protein. sugars are like 16 so not as fabulous but still better than a sbucks muffin on the nutrients. and they look tasty. will try one tomorrow.

also for those fage lovers...my neighbor found a great snack/dessert i have been eating...fage mixed with better n'peanut butter from tJ's and a pack of splenda, mixed up. YUM. it tastes like creamy peanut butter yogurt. i have read of people freezing it and they say it tastes like ice cream!!! and way more healthy. mmmm. i had that for snack today.

anyhow, sounds like everyone is having a fabu sunday...yay. it hasn't rained here but it's still overcast and gray..but not cold which is good. the forest when we were walking was so beautiful because it rained yesterday and so it's not dusty and dry anymore, and the chlorophyll on all the trees has blossomed super bright green. it seriously looked like a totally different place to us. and the air was so crisp and chill inside the forest part. it was fun.

welcome home kimberly!! i love coming home after a holiday...normalcy feels so good after the upheaval of traveling. DJ hope you guys are enjoying your trip! Rod enjoy your snacky dinner. marcy, yay for hubbys shorts falling off (ha ha that sounded funny). skippy, the picnic sounds like fun!! have a great rest of the eve all!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, I hope you can find the emeril's somewhere else. I haven't really looked too hard since I bought the last few jars but if i can't find it I will order it online too, although hubby thinks i'm nuts, but I totally agree without that other combo's are just not the same. that sauce makes the recipe so easy and seasoned perfectly IMO. Also, I was planning on making it this week and went for the dreamfields lasagna and they are closing it out too
39.gif
I don't get it??
33.gif
. a wholefoods is getting ready to open here so i'm hoping i'll be able to get it there. i just like it for the extra fiber. they stopped carrying my favorite taco hot sauce too. I can order that online too, but geez, this stuff should be staples.

re bread: it's not sprouted but I get this whole wheat bread by a company called Healthy Lite at our regular grocery store and it's 35cal and 3g of fiber per slice. it's definitely not the hearty and dense type bread but great for toast or a sandwhich when you want to keep the calories low. it's tastes pretty good too. reminds me of the white wonder bread my mom used to buy every now and then when I was a kid..

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 7:40:07 PM
Author: Mara
basil...oh i guess i thought if you can go to the cafeteria or whatever and get something to eat, you could bring healthy sealed snacks in. maybe in your purse? or leave them in your car? also, if you can bring a LC then that means there''s a freezer somewhere right? so couldn''t you bring other things too for the freezer/fridge? i feel like i am on crack here, am i totally missing something? hehee. oh and which brand of TJ''s bread is high fiber and 40 cals? so far my flax seed bread is 50 cals and has a fair amount of fiber but i am always looking for new ideas for less cals hehe.

I think it''s called "low calorie bread". It has 40 cals and 5 grams of fiber per slice. The slices are small but it''s not wimpy squishy bread like some low cal breads and has a nice flavor, so I like it.

Hehe...it''s so difficult to explain. It''s a big campus with multiple interconnected buildings. My car is parked ~.5 miles away. My purse is stored in a locker. And I run around the campus all night, usually not in the same building where my purse and the freezer is located. I only have on me what I can carry in my pockets, and I don''t really feel comfortable eating while working because of hygiene. I''m hoping I can get back to my home building to get the LC and microwave it, but it sort of depends on how the night goes, since security locks it up after a while. So there is a freezer/fridge but it''s not close to where I work and it''s not really realistic for me to run back there a lot of times during the night to get food. Or to eat multiple times, even, since it involves walking all the way back to a different building (or to the cafeteria, which is in a different building). You''re not on crack, it''s just an unusual situation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gotcha basil well i hope you can eat the LC''s as they are undoubtedly much better both in taste and cals than the cafe food !!! i''d keep a luna bar on you too if you can for desperate situations maybe.

mrs salvo...i just googled emeril''s kicked up tomato and found it online! and also i found dreamfields lasagna online too. so good to know that i can get it there. i should just buy a bunch right now. does tomato sauce go bad? i could get like 12 jars for something like $40. shipping may be pricey but it''s worth it!!

on a positive note, the sauce mix is cooking up very tastily in the crockpot, greg just came in said how starving he was and hovered around the crockpot for like 10 min before i shoo''d him away hahah.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I did 5.5 miles and I am pooped!!!! Whoooo hooo.
9.gif

Mara, gotcha; I guess I need glasses since I missed the time. hehee Rod, you are a good sport; sorry!
Mara, kudos for the 5 mile hike!!! Fage and peanutbutter, yum
11.gif

Kimi, glad you had a wonderful time and we missed ya tons!!!

Hey Mrs. S and Basil!

Marcy, I read your post about NGEO, yucko to 30 lbs of food. Yay for hubby losing weight too!

Yum Rod, I love fresh shrimp and old bay; sounds fantastic!!!

Happy Sunday all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2007 9:02:15 PM
Author: Skippy123

Well, I did 5.5 miles and I am pooped!!!! Whoooo hooo.
9.gif

Mara, gotcha; I guess I need glasses since I missed the time. hehee Rod, you are a good sport; sorry!
Mara, kudos for the 5 mile hike!!! Fage and peanutbutter, yum
11.gif

Kimi, glad you had a wonderful time and we missed ya tons!!!

Hey Mrs. S and Basil!

Marcy, I read your post about NGEO, yucko to 30 lbs of food. Yay for hubby losing weight too!

Yum Rod, I love fresh shrimp and old bay; sounds fantastic!!!

Happy Sunday all
35.gif
Skippy, Yay for a 5.5 mile walk!!

And what was there was taken away
But thanks to you, you saved the day!

Hugs my friend.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 9:08:13 PM
Author: Rod

Skippy, Yay for a 5.5 mile walk!!

Hugs my friend.
Rod, I LOVE you cheering us on, blush; you are truly a gem and good friend!!!!
35.gif
Sweet poem; thank you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hope you and DeeJay do get to have dinner together. That would be so neat. We are getting some rain here today too. I hope your car stays clean for 24 hours. I need to get my car washed.
MrsSalvo, I agree that list is pretty crazy. It sure makes you think. I will have to look for the healthy lite bread. I use the 110 cal sara lee wheat buns for sandwiches.
Kimberly, I am glad you had a fabulous trip. I like the phrase normalcy blues; I get that sometimes and now I have a name for it. It sure sounds like you experienced many wonderful things and places; that is terrific!
Mara, it is always fun to spend someone else’s money. Planning a new house sounds really exciting for your parents. It was gray and cloudy here today too. Tomorrow’s high is predicted to be around 50. Aak! It was quite funny when my husband’s shorts fell off. He just got home from his trip so he changed clothes and sat down on the couch. When I asked him to go start the grill to cook our burgers he stood up and his shorts just dropped to hit feet. I must be starving the poor guy to death.
Basil, it certainly sounds like a challenge for you to get to eat at all during your shift. You must get in a lot of walking though. Good luck!
Skippy, good job taking such a long walk. I agree, 30 pounds of food – YUK!!! That alone should motivate me to NEVER get that big again.
Sweet dreams to all of you. See you in next week’s thread!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results