shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 17th Sept till 23rd Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jas, your post cracked me up too, but girl........how long are you going to let this job get you this far down??? I said this to you once, but life's just too short. Whether you need a career change, or just a different school, I don't know, but you're going to sacrifice your heatlh being this unhappy. Stress is a killer. Please don't let it get you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 10:56:25 PM
Author: Rod
Jas, your post cracked me up too, but girl........how long are you going to let this job get you this far down??? I said this to you once, but life's just too short. Whether you need a career change, or just a different school, I don't know, but you're going to sacrifice your heatlh being this unhappy. Stress is a killer. Please don't let it get you.
Jas, I agree w/Rod; I so have been wanting to say the same thing he posted to you. I have taken 1 job that happened to me and I should have quit one month into it, not 3 mos. I want to give you a big hug since I can tell you are struggling.

Kimi, thanks a million; I want to make that this week. It sounds wonderful. Thanks again for typing that all out; you are too kind!!!!
emrose.gif
Kimi, did you tell the ENT what the MD said? That is so weird, well maybe not. My hubby has to yell at me to hear and I listen to the tv loud and I had a hearing test and I was fine. I am torn in my thinking
20.gif
That is weird if the MD didn't think you could hear. I would talk to your MD again. ETA: I am sorry; that must be frustrating!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It was all cut and paste, Stephanie, no worries!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yup yup yup. Agreed.

Right now, I'm in sort of a holding pattern, at least until December. DH is in real estate and the market is snarky right now. Teaching/education is what i have devoted my life to, and it's hard for me to admit that this path isn't working out...at least in this incarnation. There is some ego wrapped up in all this -- mine
9.gif
But I need to now take some time to figure out what is best for me and where I should be headed. That is scary enough, naturally (and yes, exciting)...but right now I have to be practical and bring home the money to put food on the table.

There are lots of details here that I don't want to get into because they are SOOOO not about WWT and because I don't even know if I could articulate them at this time. But honestly, I do appreciate everyone's well-wishes. Please know I am firmly in the "life is short" camp and am growing impatient with feeling burnt out. Once I figure this all out, all will be well and I will probably be the Queen of Good Health.

It's just going to take awhile for all of this to sort out. But it will sort out. I don't mean to worry anyone...I tend to use gallows humor, which, I often forget, makes people worry a alot. No worries.

All right, so, anyway...someone was asking about cookbooks -- actually the Joy of Cooking has many many many simple recipes on just about any topic you want...fairly healthy as well!

G'night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a great Monday. I only gained ½ a pound from my salty snacks this weekend so I am sure it will come right back off. Woohoo.
Lorelei, you are so right about how unrealistic and difficult fad diets are. You might get quick results but they set you up to fail in the long run. As long as we keep trying and always go back to eating smart most of the time and continue to workout as much as we can; we will always be reaching for our goal of a healthy body. As long you we don’t give up and quit trying; we will be fine. I am in sympathy with you and cold nights; it is certainly getting that way here too.
Chrono, congratulations on loosing another pound and getting so close to your goal. How sweet it is that your jeans are looser.
Gail, what a really nice compliment that your MIL noticed you were thinner.
Kimberly, that is strange to get different opinions on your hearing. Thank you for the recipe.
DeeJay, I hope you have a marvelous time in Florida visiting your dad. I sure hope your cold goes away soon.
Sharon, I hope your walk to pick up your SUV was nice even though you have pants weather.
Pave, congratulations on being pregnant. Good idea to check with the doctor what you should be doing to take care of yourself.
Mara, it sounds like you had a busy weekend. I am sure your mom’s chocolate cake was divine.
Skippy, yeah for loosing 1 of those 2 pesky pounds. Your stew sounds terrific. I really enjoyed having pj’s that fit me for a change; I think I’m going to buy another pair. I have reached a point where I am tired of baggy clothes.
PhoenixGirl, that is wonderful you are letting your body figure out where it wants to be. I am so glad to hear you have such a terrific group of students this semester.
Jas, sorry to hear you are not sleeping, are stressed and gained a few pounds. Aak. What a week for you! I hope you get some sleep, work through the stress and of course those obnoxious pounds will simply go away. Hang in there lady! I agree with Rod, it might be a good idea to get away from that job.
Monarch, fun for you to get some new and smaller clothes while shopping today. That certainly brightened your day. I use the same cookbook.
Tdiddy, you certainly got a lot of running in this weekend. Hang in there on the scale, you are doing everything right.
Rod, too funny that since it was cooler for you tonight you rode home with the top down. It was cold tonight when I left school so I turned on the heater and put on my fleece jacket.
Sweet dreams!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!!

first off, rod said what i also wanted to say again when i read your post jas. i realize it''s not just as easy as cutting your losses and taking your ball home...but really do think about things as i am sure you are. you can still be a teacher but maybe just not at that age level or in that school district. my mom has been a teacher for 20+ years and she has moved to diff schools within her district the whole time. it''s much harder when you have tenure to really go elsewhere and have that same level of seniority over here so not sure what it''s like there but don''t get stuck in a bad district too long. also she has had tons of drama at school over the years...some schools and principals and teachers were great and others were not. when you are in a bad year you kind of just have to stick it out. and really she takes a ton of stuff with a grain of salt. but think about next year and what you want it to be like. good luck and sorry to hear about the all time high, i''m sure it will come down soon, just keep doing the right things and schedule a weekly massage or something!!

we had a great dinner last nite for my sister''s birthday and the cake was DIVINE...my mom tried this new really popular bakery in a small town near us and itw as all it was cracked up to be. the dinner was spanish tapas so we shared a bunch of things...what i like about that is that you end up really not overeating. i had black bean soup, a few pieces of calamari, a tiny square of bread with some pesto and evoo, ahi tuna tartar with ginger, a small grilled swordfish skewer, 1/2 of a mushroom truffled empanada (my fave), and a small rock shrimp tostadito sans tortilla. oh and 3 of my sister''s spanish french fries. but really not too much in terms of volume. a glass of red sangria. and then the slice of cake and a decaf coffee. yummy!

i also met with my trainer yesterday which was a great workout. it was the director gal again and she is really specific on working with me, she corrects my form and breathing all the time and she really kind of stays on me which is good. we did mostly arm work, she is working on correcting my posture along with working my arms and abs and back and it''s pretty effective, or it feels like it is anyway!! i am definitely sore and feeling my muscles work during and after the exercises. we also did more of the jumping hopping rope cardio, definitely gets your blood pumping very quickly.

interesting note for all of us ladies who want sculpted yet not buff arms...i mentioned to her that she doesn''t look visually like she has a ton of definition in her arm and back area just standing around, but when she starts to work out, you can see how defined her muscles are. i asked how one gets more of that definition in the arms and back by just standing there, aka not flexing or using the weights. she said it was diet....which is what i thought. she said really that it would be a program geared towards more lean definition visual muscle with food and exercise working together. pretty interesting...i am definitely getting a lot more definiton but this basically agrees with everything i have seen that says you can have a lot of defined muscle...but under fat. so really people need to work on burning more fat off over their muscles in order to get them to show. i guess i still have some stuff to work on though for those nice lean yet defined arms!! my legs are definitely very lean, when i walk you can see the muscles and i have real calves for the first time in my life i think. or maybe since i ran track in high school.

anyhow, sounds like everyone had a very productive workout day yesterday and is being quite healthy, good for all of us...tdiddy, don''t despair, if you are doing the right things the weight will eventually come off. random note but my dad is a cyclist and he does marathons as well and i guess he biked for 3 hours over the wkd and he has this new GPS and heart rate monitor thing that takes into account how hard you are working and your GPS start and finish location kind of thing and it estimated him burning 6000 calories in his 3 hour cycle! he does pretty vigorous cycling. anyway, we were both like WOW that''s a lot and he thought it was a lot too. so not sure how spot on accurate this GPS heart rate thing is but even if it''s more like 5000 cals than 6000, that''s still a lot!! no wonder he is always snacking on stuff at the house and at night and never gains a lb. he could eat like 5 quarter pounders a day and probably still be fine!

on that note, have a great tuesday everyone!! even if you don''t burn 6000 cals, make it count!
5.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! i haven''t been feeling so great the past few days and don''t have much to report on the workout front - i went to the climbing gym on sunday, then took yesterday off. today i am going to do some light biking at home. my body is trying to get a cold and i am just exhausted. i''m eating cause i know i need to, but nothing really tastes good, so it''s been quite easy not to overeat.

hope everyone is feeling better than me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, still reading over here and keeping up with you all. so, it was spinning again today and it was a sub who only did a 45 min class instead of an hour...woo hoo. it was a really great class though and i always feel so much better after a good workout.

hope you all have a happy tuesday!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
for anyone who has met their goals and figuring out how to maintain...

http://www.amazon.com/Joining-Thin-Club-Toning-Trimmed/dp/0307341461/ref=sr_11_1/102-6343643-9227338?ie=UTF8&qid=1190152882&sr=11-1

it was recommended by hungry girl and i thought hmm interesting. i think i am going to get it. maybe it'll have some tips on how to rewire my brain to hate desserts, chocolate, and sourdough bread. any takers?

eating today has been good so far, gearing up for my hike in another 2 hours or so. going to have an apple for late afternoon snack. dinner will probably be a hodgepodge of leftovers. hope all are having a great day. sorry to hear you are under the weather sb. mrs salvo, good for you on a 45 min class!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon WWTers,

I worked today, came home and spent some time on my fantastic elliptical. It''s time to hit the shower, start dinner and keep my laundry going as we leave for NYC tomorrow morning. I''m so excited about going! We have some indulgent dinners planned (Cafe Baloud, Bar Americain and Craft) and I plan to enjoy every bit of it. We''re going to see Jimmy Buffett, take a boat tour, and I''m not so sure what else. I think we may go to the September 11th museum that just opened.

I''m also looking forward to coming home and getting back on track weight-wise. I''m going to return to the world of calorie counting and see if not tracking is what has sent me in the wrong direction. I''m hoping a few weeks of it will solve the problem.

Not sure if I''ll be checking in while we''re gone, as always the laptop is coming with for the purpose of school.

Happy rest of the week and weekend, just in case!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well tonight I did muscle hour and the adorable aerobics instructor brought along a cowboy hat! He is too funny, HEE HAW
9.gif
Gosh my arms are so week I can hardly lift things. I got a good workout in.

Kimi, have a fantastic trip; we will for sure miss ya!!!

Mara, you are super woman w/those 2 hour hikes!!!

Shortblond, yay for eating healthy and excercising!

Marcy, glad you had a blast camping. You will lose the 1/2 lb quick!

Mrs. Salvo, yay for spin; you rock for doing that. I think spin class is tough.

Rod, hey there friend; hope you had a sweet day since you are such a doll!

Jas, hope you had a better day and we are cheering you on!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Stephanie! I''m so looking forward to getting outta dodge for a bit!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Skippy, I didn''t have a sweet day until I got to read your post! Now, Rod can say he had a sweet day for sure. You always put a smile on my face. I wish you were closer. I''d love to meet you and hubby too!

Yay for a good session with your trainer Mara. Glad she was able to give you advice on toning, not bulking. I want to be toned and bulked. But, I''m a guy and after spending all these millions of hours in the gym over the last couple years, I''d better have some defined muscle to show for it. Dang nab it!!

Marcy, I don''t think you should worry about a measly 1/2 pound. It will just go away quickly!

Kimberly, we love love NYC. I''m happy the two of you are going there and hope you have a org-gastric time. The Big Apple is such a fun city. If you''re taking a boat ride, I hope it''s by the Statue of Liberty. It''s an inspiring trip, particularly at night. Mother Liberty all lit up at night is an amazing sight to behold. I would love to see the new museum too. Maybe Charlie and I will have to schedule a trip up there this fall. Hmmmmmm. Have a wonderful time. You''ll walk so much that all the eating won''t be an issue. Also, if you like corned beef on rye (a NY MUST HAVE), go to the Carnegie Delli. Also, if you like Motzah Ball Soup (I love it Love it), they have the best, IMHO.

Shortblonde, so sorry you''re not feeling well. Here are good wishes that you feel better soon!

Good to hear your still doing some fitness things Mrssalvo. I hope the pregnancy is going well and you''re finally over the morning sickness!

It was a long day for moi. I didn''t leave work until around 6:15 (was meeting with one of my interns who''s frustrated and feeling down because he had a not so productive week last week, so I needed to help him a bit), then I made it to the gym around 6:30. Charlie had a physical this afternoon, so he went to the gym from his doctor''s appointment and I saw him leave as I was arriving. But, I still did my full workout with my full 35 intense minutes on the ellitptical. Tonight was arms and abs night, so I pushed them really hard. I do 60 push ups every day, but tonight I increased to 70. I do pretty hard pushups. The kind where you almost touch your nose to the floor. That''s very difficult, but over time, I''ve gotten pretty good at them.

Anyway, I came home and Charlie had stopped at the specialty store and bought us both some home made Motzah Ball Soup (which as you saw above, I just Love). He also stopped at the Natural Frozen Yogurt shop and got me my favorite Green Tea with fresh blueberries. Wasn''t that extra nice??!!

Now, it''s about time to head off to bed. I hope you''re all getting ready to have sweet dreams yourselves!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod you and charlie are super cute with how caring you are with each other!! definitely always thinking of the other and so considerate! i always love reading about the cute things you do for each other. the soup sounds yummy and good for you on a great workout and lots of push ups!!

kimberly have a great trip and please eat some extra yummy stuff for me...i love food orgy holidays!! and i agree that you will be walking so much you will probably not gain a thing. that was my experience in NYC last fall when i was there for work, eating a ton but walking as well. the weather should be pretty nice now as well.

skip, yay for a good workout today...haha i dont know about super woman on my hikes, sometimes i wonder if it's just stubbornness...aka this hill will NOT get me!

my afternoon was uneventful...went and did my hike after work...i was feeling kind of uninspired but once i got out there i was creative and took a new combo of paths and did about 4.8 miles...straight for 1.5 miles then climbing up up for 1 mile, then downhill for .8mile and then slow climbing and falling for 1 mile and then down back to the car for .5mile. whew! i was pretty tired when i got back to the car, stretched, came home, showered, now eating dinner. it's a leftover small truffled mushroom empanada from last nite (love them), egg white scramble with mushrooms and smoked shredded chicken breast, yummy. and leftover green beans. slow churn will be for dessert.

tomorrow i have a team dinner with my immediate team members, should be fun, we all get along great and are pretty close...and this place is REALLY good. i typically get the tuna burger with 1/2 bun, peanut coleslaw..yummy. grilled artichoke and cornbread is very good there to share. and the dessert is amazing, the oreo cookie homemade dessert with bittersweet chocolate all over it. YUM. so i am planning to share that. but eating the rest of the day will be light.

PS on a random note, has anyone noticed that Curves has a CEREAL out now?? it's a whole grain cereal that is something like 100 cals. what is the world coming to where a gym does their own 100 cal cereal? hehee.

anyhow hope everyone is having a great week!! enjoy !

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick check-in as I am verrrry wiped out tonight! Ate really well today, stayed just under my caloric limit for the day, but didn''t get a chance to work out. Had several errands to run after work and helped DH pack for a two day Canada trip, he leaves tomorrow a.m. Work was super busy but not with customers, I had a lot of marketing tasks to attend to and my boss was kind of crabby and more abrupt today than I''ve seen him so far...unusual since he''s really quite affable most of the time. So the tone of the whole day was sort of set by that and made my job a little stressful for once, but I''m not complaining, everyone has their "off" days.
Kimi, your trip sounds like it will be amazing, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! Can''t wait to hear all about it!

Jas, hang in there, life hands us all kinds of crap but like my mother and I were saying during a phone convo this Sunday, if it weren''t for all the negative stuff we wouldn''t appreciate the good things so much. Trite, but true. Feel free to vent here anytime, it doesn''t make you a whiner at all, you are just going through a really difficult time and you have an amazing and supportive community to listen to whatever you want to type.

Love to respond to more but must take advantage of my last remaining ps minutes before bedtime! See you all tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 11:35:51 PM
Author: monarch64

Jas, hang in there, life hands us all kinds of crap but like my mother and I were saying during a phone convo this Sunday, if it weren't for all the negative stuff we wouldn't appreciate the good things so much. Trite, but true. Feel free to vent here anytime, it doesn't make you a whiner at all, you are just going through a really difficult time and you have an amazing and supportive community to listen to whatever you want to type.

Love to respond to more but must take advantage of my last remaining ps minutes before bedtime! See you all tomorrow!
Monnie, you are so wise! I love that; way to be super positive and isn't that the truth.
9.gif
btw, I agree I bet the boss just had an off day.

Rod, I think it is sweet too how caring you guys are for each other. What dolls you both are!!!! I wished we lived closer; dang, I wish all us WWT lived in a community like you said! How fun would that be, a Blast for sure! heeeheee

Kimi, I can't wait to hear about your travels to!!!! Enjoy all the shops and game!

Marcy sweet dreams friend; I always look forward to your sweetie pie posts!!!

Mara, yip, no denying it; you are superwoman in my book. heheee

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I think I caught up today from being out of town for the weekend and working all day yesterday. I had to get my astronomy newsletter ready for printing tonight and grade papers. I also printed out some fast fact sheets for class tomorrow night; we are going to walk off the 1000 yard model of the solar system. Cool, huh? Get in some exercise while teaching class. This is actually the first time I am looking forward to walking off the 1000 yards.
My husband is out of town on business this week so I left a potato in the oven to bake so it would be done when I got off work tonight. It was nice to have a hot dinner (sort of) waiting for me when I got home. I heated up some baked chicken and had raw veggies with it. I tend to eat more bland food when my husband isn’t eating.
I am having a hard time finding clothes I like to wear. I have clothes my hubby helped me pick out. I bought some things on sale. But I guess I am getting picky about how I look and I don’t like most of my clothes on me. I keep wearing the same few outfits - the ones I think make me look skinny-ish. I certainly have bought enough clothes to last me for awhile so I don’t need to buy anymore except sweaters. Who''d have thought I''d ever be a clothes horse and worry about how I look?
Mara, your trainer sounds like she is a great help. She’d have a hard time finding my muscles – ha ha. I am a WEAKLING! That’s amazing about your dad burning that many calories, I doubt I could eat that many calories. I wouldn’t even try. Thank you for the book recommendation; it looks really good. I won’t need it for some time; but I am certainly already thing about what I’ll do when I reach my goal.
Shortblonde, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. It’s no fun when nothing tastes good. It sounds like you need a nice, big bowl of hot chicken soup.
MrsSalvo, your spinning class sounds fun.
Kimberly, your trip to NYC sounds like a fantastic time. Enjoy!
Skippy, Yea Haw for getting in a terrific workout tonight. I’m with Rod, you always brighten my day too. Your smiling picture does make me smile. Thanks for looking forward to my posts; that means a lot to me. It would be awesome if we could all meet sometime. We need to work on our Oprah story, huh?
Rod, that is awesome you do so many pushups and added 10 more today. My anal Car Mama side found another ding in my door today! My husband will be SOOOOO happy when he sees it.
Monarch, sounds like you had a long day; I hate when my boss greats me with a brusque manner but I know we do all have bad days. I hope things are better tomorrow. You and your mother are so right that sometimes the bad times help us appreciate the good times.
Jas, I hope your day was better.
Well, take care everyone! Have a great Wednesday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday friends and health driven PS''ers! Today is weigh in. I am down a few ounces from last week but still holding at minus 123 pounds but I am so close to moving on to the next pound. I weighed 197.0 this morning. You know I can''t break myself of the habit of weighing myself both morning and evening and now I even weigh under 200 pounds at night. Woo hoo!

Have a great day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m so excited about going (and needing to finish laundry so I can pack!) I woke up a little to early.
9.gif
Weigh in was the same as last week, 127.8. Blech.

Mara, I forgot to comment on your dad''s exercise cals burned...oh my goodness!

We''ll definitely be doing a ton of walking while we''re there, but I always gain a pound or two when we travel, so I''m just expecting it. It''s better than not and getting upset.

Marcy, you little clothes horse you...I love it! What a great feeling, I''m sure. I remember when I started liking to shop again, it was so fun. When I went from 200 lbs. to 150 lbs. I bought an outfit that was really sleek and a bit sexy, the first time in 4 years, for a holiday party, it was such an awesome feeling. I still own the sweater.

Thanks for the happy trip wishes, monnie. Hope your boss is in a better mood today!

Rod, John mentioned wanted to go to Carnegie Deli for breakfast. We''ve been to NY a few times and just never made it there, so we probably will this time. I''ll think of you.

Have a wonderful rest of your week, friends!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

Well, I don''t know if anyone remembers when I used to post in this thread, but it was quite some time ago, and then I kind of dropped out. It''s been a crazy summer and things aren''t really slowing down any. I haven''t really been following along, but it sounds like everyone is doing so well!

I have tons of good reasons not to exercise, but I won''t go into detail on that. Then there are the obvious reasons to exercise - health, weight, toning, etc.

I''m about 4 lbs above my favorite weight, but I''m feeling more flabby than I used to, so I know a lot of muscle has turned into fat.

I''m kind of an all-or-nothing person, so unless I''m working out 5 days a week for an hour each, I tend to think it''s not worth it. That''s what I''m trying to change. It''s just not realistic to do that, but if I can get in 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week, it would make a difference.

Anyway, I worked out yesterday with weights at my house. I''m sore today, even though it was the same workout I did a few months back without a problem. Tonight I have to go out after work, but tomorrow I''m going to try to check out the gym we have access to. As long as it has an elliptical, I''ll be set.

I''m not calorie counting because it just gets too obsessive for me and it''s not sustainable. I''m back to being more conscious of making lower-cal choices, within reason, though.

Anyway, this has been really long, and somewhat embarrassing. I need you guys to hold me accountable, though!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back basil and don't be embarassed! sometimes it's hard to juggle everything what with life and all the stuff you actually WANT to do. it's never surprising to me that people push exercise or healthy eating to the back burner, because unless you have been trained all your life to think like that...it's very hard to make it kind of that mental 'must do'. like for example my dad, he has been working out since my mom met him in his 20's. he's always been a runner and he added cycling later. he doesn't always eat healthy, that is more a later in life thing but it never occurs to him to not work out. he finds time to fit his workouts in whenever. i think it's because he has been doing it for 30+ years now! but yeah he's a great example for me...he just did a relay race where he ran a half miler (or 10k, can't remember), someone swam, and someone else biked and they got 3rd place in the race which is a great accomplishment, he's over 50.

so i try to think of my dad whenever i don't want to work out. he never feels like that. hehee. and my hope is that as time goes on, things like making right eating choices and working out just becomes automatic rather than having to think about it. it has definitely become easier most times than it used to be.

marcy, i love clothes...but only really when i am in that feeling good place about myself. who wants to be a clothes horse when you feel like 1/2 the stuff out there doesn't flatter you?? so when i lost weight i bought a ton of clothes and i still do buy. so for me my goals mostly revolve around 'staying in my clothes' hahaa. because i don't want to give them away nor should i have to right?!

so, morning wwt'ers! the threads seem kind of slow lately, guess everyone is out partying wildly and eating cake. hehee. it's starting to get a little colder here, this morning it's gray and icky but the fog should clear by 10 or so and then we should have a mid 70s day. we'll have those probably until late october when it starts to really get more chilly (well chilly for CA). while i don't love the summer weather here as much because of cold nights, do have to say that i love this time of year here, when everyone else is getting fall weather, we are just slowly ramping down into our rainy gray winters. so we have more of an adjustment period i guess. since maybe this is our last fall here...i'm trying to appreciate everything when possible.

anyway, my update is that my body is SORE SORE SORE. last nite when i got home i thought gosh i'm kind of sore. last nite before bed i thought wow i'm really sore. this morning i am still sore...not hobbling old lady sore, but more like i feel practically every muscle group sore. esp back, abs, legs. so i think yesterday's hike was more strenuous than i expected at the time, and that activity coupled with my weight resistance training stuff the day before really gave my body a run for it's money. today is a day off which i think is needed, and then tomorrow it's back with the trainer...yikes. in a good way. hehe.

happy wednesday all...hope everyone is having a relatively good day...or as much as can be expected with having to go to work. have fun kimberly, if you guys are looking for a yummy breakkie place, check out Normas at the Parker, that is the sister hotel/restaurant to the one we go to in Palm Springs for breakkie...mmmm lemon griddle cakes. i think it's over on 9th but can't recall cross street. it's where most of the hotels are in that area. and i was also reading something in Cooking Light about how the owner of Gramercy Tavern (maybe new owner) has been working to make the menu healthier with more fresh fare kind of stuff. thought that was pretty interesting!

before i log off and head into work, wanted to leave everyone with something i found in my latest issue of cooking light. www.healthydiningfinder.com . Put in your zip and i'd put in 50 miles for the range since the websites still seems quite new and it will find you local places that all have healthy options on the menu. it's pretty interesting...most of the ones who have signed up are chain restaurants because you have to pay to be included and i would imagine a local mom and pop wouldn't want to pay, but there are some that surprised me like Pasta Pomodoro has a few healthy pasta options, we have one we walk to sometimes for dinner. and also it has things like Mac Grill and Marie Callenders and PF Changs and Elephant Bar etc. it'd be nice to see more non chain places in there but i figure i'll give them time. and maybe recommend them to a few of our favorite places. i would LOVE to see something very comprehensive like that on more places around us.

have a great day all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all! I lost 3 lbs; I was so frustrated last week so now I am happy. I will try my hardest not to yo yo. I am walking w/my cousin tonight. Should be fun
9.gif

Marcy, I love that you are a clothes horse. hehee You are too cute!!

Mara, see super woman hence the soreness. Kudos woman!

Welcome Basil!!!

Lorelei, where are you; you are missed!!! Hope the treadmill is fixed.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey guys! It's your old buddy gailrmv, but I have decided to change my screen name. Long story, but I should now show up as TanDogMom.

Hope you are all well. I had the best breakfast this morning, nutrigrain waffles with a sliced peach on top. It was so good! Sometimes fruit makes my mouth feel all itchy (mild allergy?) but it usually doesn't bother me if I eat it with something else, so this was a perfect way to enjoy a perfect peach. I'm headed to my weight lifting class this evening and will try to bring DH if he gets out of work in time. He really likes the group classes, when we go together (I've got him into weight lifting and spin). He doesn't understand why more guys don't go, and neither do I!

I lost 2 lb yesterday but it is back today... stuck at the same old plateau! I am really seeing some visual differences this week though. I think my arms and shoulders are looking more defined and less flabby. I think my face looks slightly thinner too. I feel really good about these changes! I'm also wearing a pair of jeans from 2 years ago (my biggest, 22 lbs ago) and they are falling off! I need to do some shopping!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I haven''t been able to work out much because of eveing clients and the HH is in California again for a few days, but my eating has been surprisingly good. For some reason I just haven''t been hungry at all at night so I will have just a Fiber One bar or something and that''s really all I want.

My efforts to leave the financial industry have been sidetracked in a different way... several people have approached me over the past few days and asked if I would do some compliance consulting. Project type work, like their annual review or a mock audit, that sort of thing. If I could work it out timing wise I might try a few assignments and see how it goes. Otherwise what else am I going to do in November and December when the real estate market is dead. Plus the money is pretty amazing.

TanDogMom, I''m surprised you didn''t become CarolinaDogMom, LOL!
9.gif

I have lots more to write but The Demon and The Monster are going CRAZY racing back and forth upstairs and I better go calm things down before they break something. WHERE do they get all this energy?! Be back later...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara and Skippy........I think we''re really lucky to have had going on 28 years of a really good life together and hopefully, many many more years to come!

Monnie, sorry your boss was a bit cranky. I hope it''s just an anomoly.

Marcy, so sorry about the ding in your door. I hope hubby isn''t too unhappy..........

Welcome back Basil..........BTW.......muscle doesn''t turn to fat and you can''t turn fat into muscle. You can burn fat. You can build muscle. Sadly, muscle that doesn''t get pushed much diminishes over time. But, muscles that get pushed again, often tone up pretty quickly. So, welcome back and glad you''ve decided to start exercising again!!

Sorry you''re sore Mara, but glad your trainer pushed you hard enough to make you sore. It means you really accomplished something, so GO MARA GO. But as Skippy says, you are kind of Superwoman to begin with!!

And YAY YAY YAY on losing the 3 pounds skippy!!!!!

It was another long day. And Charlie had yet another doctors appointment this afternoon, which let him go from there to the gym, so he was finishing up as I got started. I remember working out in the afternoon, when I was unemployed. The unemployed part wasn''t great, but having the luxury of working out before it''s get''s so crowded was a nice thing indeed. I''ve gotten used to the crowds at night. And we go to one of the most popular gyms in town (also convenient to our condo too). You just get into your rhythm and move from area to area and just nod at the ''uber'' folks who nod at you. It''s kind of a primal acknowledgement that you have existed in their world long enough to at least deserve a nod. LOL Anyway, I did a full workout as usual, but was feeling a bit pooped by the end, which I suppose is a good thing.

Then I came home and wiped down the car as it rained today, and had a boneless skinless chicken breast and steamed veggies for dinner. It wasn''t complicated, but it was very tasty. I stopped at the yogurt shop and picked us both a frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries to go and we just finished them.......Yummmm.

This week is flying by. I can''t believe tomorrow''s Thursday. Yay, just one more work day till Sushi. And Saturday, we''ll go pick up our rings. They''re ready, but the jeweler is at least 45 minutes away, so Saturday''s the earliest we can get them. I feel naked without my ring and will be glad to have it back.

That''s about my day. I hope your day was good!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s!!!
35.gif
Good day today, got plenty of sleep last night and woke up feeling refreshed and in a good mood, and it seemed my boss did as well, he was back to his usual good-natured self today although he did throw a ton of things my way (which was most-appreciated as we were a bit slow customer-wise today.) Thanks Skippy and Marcy for the comments, I really like to give people the benefit of doubt and assume they are just having a bad day. Hee hee, even road ragers, cause heaven knows I''ve been in THEIR shoes before, lol!

I was a little tired coming home tonight, but managed to re-energize by the time I pulled into the garage and knew the dogs had been stuck inside all day so I took them for about a 1.5 mile walk before the sun set. DH is on his way home right now from Can., one of his customers decided to re-schedule at the last minute and he was able to find a flight home tonight, so yay! I will see him shortly. Have his favorite drink fixings at the ready, he told me over the phone that he would be in the mood for a nightcap when he got home. I will probably join him for one, I have some extra cals left over from today so it will be like a little dessert for me (vodka and diet 7-up, lol). Today I had my usual breakfast of one slice wheat toast with 2 tbsp. PB and added a slice of yummy canteloupe in lieu of coffe + sugar/almond milk, lunch was country vegetable soup from TJ''s and I snarfed two vanilla creme wafer cookies that a customer brought us for a total of 300 calories, and the afternoon snack was a venti black iced tea with one Splenda from the Starbucks run I made for my co-workers (plus I got in a little 4 block walk, nice). Dinner was a huge romaine lettuce salad with fresh sliced tomato, ff balsamic from TJ''s, and a scoop of garlic mashed potatos with steamed broccoli as well.

Got to work my arms tonight, I''ve not done so for almost a week (with weights that is), and I feel like my arms are flabbier already! So weird. I weighed myself yesterday and I''m maintaining my 3 lb. loss as far as the morning weigh-in but if I weigh myself when I get home it''s more like a 1.5 lb. loss. So I''ve decided to boycott the stupid scale again until Sunday or maybe sometime next week depending on how the rest of the week goes.

Marcy, I''m so glad you joined this thread, you continue to motivate me and inspire me with your amazing weight loss. I''m glad to hear from you every day!

Kimi, you are going to have such a great time in NY!

Basil, I totally remember you posting here before, no big deal if you dropped out for a while. I did the same thing I think last winter or this spring, it happens. Doesn''t mean you''re a terrible WWT poster at all, sometimes it''s good to get out of the loop for a bit but you always have the option of returning which is nice. Glad to see you back, and I''m a huge fan of moderation when it comes to counting, weighing, exercising, etc. I have struggled many of the past 15 years or so with developing a healthy sense of moderation about those things and it hasn''t been easy...don''t let numbers foil you. And I''m very familiar with the all-or-nothing attitude so you are not alone. It can take a while to break through that mindset and realize that it''s ok that you don''t work out for a bit or don''t have perfect eating habits going on. please don''t be worried about any of that, just come here and share as you feel the need. This is not a place you''ll be judged at all. We''re all in this fitness/health thing together, and it''s not necessarily about LOSING weight, it''s about forming healthier habits and doing good things for our bodies and overall health along with fitness.

Mara, time for Greg to give you a massage, or schedule a deep-tissue pro one if that would make your muscles feel less sore! I can empathize, it''s no fun to be stiff and feeling inflexible when you want to relax or work out, either one. Hope your soreness is alleviated very soon!

Skippy, best of luck on keeping those 3 pounds off, you can do it!!! Seems like the 3 lb. mark loss is a little more motivational so hopefully you will really want to stick to that and be extra "good" the rest of the week. Good for you working out so much, you''re doing really well!!

Tandogmom/Gail, I do my best to respect your new screen name, forgive me if I refer to you as your old one at any point! It''s tough to get to know someone for so long as I''ve known you here on PS and change the thought quickly but I think I can accomodate you! LOL! Anyway, those 2 lbs. will surely fall off quickly enough, hope it''s just water or too much fiber (hee hee) and you''ll be closer to your goal weight very soon. Give your body more time than 24 hours to adjust...I think the "a watched pot never boils" addage can definitely be applied to the scale, ya know?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hey, all.....it''s been a whirlwind for me lately, so I''ve been VERY sparsely skimming and am thrilled at all the progress and inspiration here.

Had to share, though.....while on vacation, hubby and I decided to get bicycles. Boy did I ever get sticker shock when we walked into the bike shop.......keep in mind the last time I thought about bike prices, a first-class stamp was only 20 cents!

Anywho, we explained that we wanted something enjoyable to ride, but still somewhat entry level in price in case it turned out not to be our thing. We ended up with Expedition Elite bikes from Specialty, and they are AMAZING. We LOVE them. Wider saddles and upright handlebars for comfort, and silky smooth gear shifting.

Brought em home Sunday and went on a NINE MILE RIDE.....which was a bit of a mistake as our fannies were sore for 3 days! Not to mention, I thought I was going to fall over when I got off the bike.....jelly legs! However, tonight we were sufficiently recovered and took a 45-min spin on them. Have to say they get my heart rate up much more than the treadmill.

I marvel at the fact that we are doing this now. A year ago, hubby couldn''t walk more than a lap or two on the track without getting completely exhausted. Today, he looked like a demon possessed pedalling that bike. That thrills me, because we know that we are adding years to our lives together, and THAT is a huge score.

Enjoy the night, all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and WWT’ers.
35.gif
My class and I walked off a scale of the solar system that is 1009 yards. I haven’t been able to do that for YEARS. It was so nice. The last time I did it was about 4 years ago and I cut it down to 500 yards so I could walk it then. It was fun and I am counting it as my walk for tonight. I ate really well today so had room for some snackwell cookies tonight. Since I have a sore throat I thought it was best to avoid slow churned as milk –they say- is bad to have with a sore throat.
Kimberly and DeeJay, I think I am catching a cold. Rats. I hope you are over yours by now.
Kimberly, I wouldn’t worry about a pound or two on vacation. It is so hard to stick to a routine and you are experiencing new and fun things. Enjoy yourself and don’t worry about eating a few special treats. I am glad you still enjoy the sweater that has such special memories for you. I am finding it so much fun to shop for clothes now.
Hi Basil. It sounds like you are doing great by eating smart and starting exercising again.
Mara, you must take after your dad in dedication to exercising and working out. He sounds very serious about living a healthy life. That is great you are finding it easier all the time to make the right choices. That is wonderful you bought yourself a ton of clothes when you reached your goal. I know I’ll be changing out my wardrobe a few more times but it is fun to find things that flatter you. I think my latest spending spree came from being able to buy things in any store. I hope you aren’t as sore now. Thanks for the link to the healthy dining finder. I’ll be impressed if there are any listed in Wyoming.
Skippy, that is awesome you lost 3 pounds. Woo hoo! Yes, I am a clothes horse now and enjoying every minute of it.
Tandogmom, that is wonderful to hear your jeans are falling off. I’d go shopping with you for new clothes. I am sure those pounds will come off again. Your peach waffle sounds tasty; I love waffles with peaches or strawberries. Of course I like the whipped cream on them too but that has way too many calories for me to eat now.
DeeJay, that sounds like a marvelous way to earn some extra money. I hope the dogs settled down and didn’t leave a mess for you to clean up.
Rod, 28 hears together is amazing! Congratulations to you and Charlie. My second ding is a little smaller than the first one but I sure can’t figure out where I was parked this week to get one. Your strawberry yogurt sounds terrific.
Monarch, thank you very much for the kind words; I am really glad I joined this thread and I am proud to know I help inspire and motivate you. I always enjoy hearing from you every day too. I need to start doing my weights again on my arms too. I put them up when we had company about a month ago and haven’t dug them out since. I always go by my morning weigh in and I try to weigh at the same time every day. I am glad your day at work was better today. Even better news you husband is on the way home. Mine won’t get back until Saturday. Darn.
Al, your bicycles sound like a great way to have fun and get in some exercise. You are absolutely right that you are adding years to your life. It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?
Well, I am going to go to bed early tonight. Take care and have sweet dreams tonight – the low cal kind though. Ha Ha.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning. Slowly trying to work off all the excess weight. I''m going off the Pill, at least for a few months, because the Pill + my not sleeping/stress has led to some very icky emotional meltdowns -- on exactly the same day each month. I am only worried that it will allow my fibroid to mess with my ToTM. We''ll see. If I drop a few lbs, well, hey, that''s good too.

With a lot of scrimping and saving and with some unexpected money (refund from my insurance company!) I finally purchased some MBT. Discontinued style -- and for good reason...they are Smurf Blue. They came yesterday. Ugly a** shoes. But so so so cool. It''s not a replacement for a workout, but I do feel it working the thighs, calves, and glutes. I only wore them for about an hour yesterday, and I''m feeling it a little today. I figure, on those days when I can''t get in a full workout, at least I can maximize my housecleaning and dog walking.

Happy Thursday!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey gang!
Monarch and everyone, re: the name change, yep I hate to throw ppl for a loop (started typing loupe!) and it''s no problem if you still refer to me by the old name every now and then! I wish I would have chosen a different name initially, and here I am two years later finally getting around to changing it.

Dee Jay, consulting sounds like a neat opportunity, especially if you can get it to happen during your slow real estate times.

Marcy, thanks for the kudos!

Well, not only did the 2 lb NOT go away but another 1.5 showed up between yesterday and today. Is it possible to gain 3.5 lb in 48 hours? My body seems to think so! I didn''t do anything different, didn''t skip any workouts and haven''t even eaten out. I think I may be gaining muscle and I definitely feel better so trying to disregard the scale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results