shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th Sept till 17th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am doing 20 mins now on the 15% incline and I definitely notice this clocks up far more calories than just speed. I tend to do this incline with a speed of about 5.5 - 5.8 mph, which is probably not quite as fast as a professional gym treadmill but quite brisk. I also hang onto the sidebars as I feel unsafe without them, ( not good balance with wonky spine) but maybe working without holding on makes it much harder work?

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the warm welcome everyone.... I have lost alot of weight in the past two years, now i just eat crap. Case in point, went to in and out for lunch. cheeseburger, protein style....

I did go to the gym this morning, an hour long yoga class. it was really quite the work out. the exciting news though, is that dave navaro was there. I wonder if he is living in our apartment building during the divorce...hmmmm???

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2006 3:51:50 PM
Author: msflutter
thanks for the warm welcome everyone.... I have lost alot of weight in the past two years, now i just eat crap. Case in point, went to in and out for lunch. cheeseburger, protein style....

I did go to the gym this morning, an hour long yoga class. it was really quite the work out. the exciting news though, is that dave navaro was there. I wonder if he is living in our apartment building during the divorce...hmmmm???
Thanks for pushing this week''s thread into another page, thereby bypassing the bad bad bathroom!! LOL

And, ok I''m a guy, but who is Dave Navaro?

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 3:54:45 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 9/12/2006 3:51:50 PM
Author: msflutter

Thanks for pushing this week''s thread into another page, thereby bypassing the bad bad bathroom!! LOL

And, ok I''m a guy, but who is Dave Navarro?
he was the guitarist from janes addiction. currently divorcing carmen electra.....

yes, it is nice not to see that nasty toilet....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha sweet you saw dave at the gym msf...was he cute in person? i never used to think he was cute or sexy til i saw his reality show with carmen and he was such a loving guy with her, i was like awwww he''s so cute. hehe. i was sad when they broke up...they seemed really perfect for each other, both just a little out there yanno.

SO i was supposed to go to the gym this afternoon BUT since greg is going to be out tonite, i figured why not do a double kbox class. YIKES! so i am going to do that tonite...2 hours of it. then i''ll either make us something or get us something on the way home...not sure yet.

i''m a little worried about doing a double kbox then working out again tomorrow AND thurs (owie!) but no pain no gain right?!?!?!?! and i wouldn''t be THAT much more sore than going to the gym and doing the hill program anyway, but i can burn ~700ish calories this way vs the 350! so i figure why not. i have to pay penance anyway for my weekend gorgefest. hehee.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I just stopped after 12 hours straight of projects and working and errands, so I don''t think exercise is in the cards today...but I''ve eaten healthily all day and am having some good for me risotto for dinner. Back to the elliptical tomorrow. I need to be prepared for an 18 mile walk on Saturday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2006 6:19:36 PM
Author: Mara
haha sweet you saw dave at the gym msf...was he cute in person? i never used to think he was cute or sexy til i saw his reality show with carmen and he was such a loving guy with her, i was like awwww he''s so cute. hehe. i was sad when they broke up...they seemed really perfect for each other, both just a little out there yanno.

SO i was supposed to go to the gym this afternoon BUT since greg is going to be out tonite, i figured why not do a double kbox class. YIKES! so i am going to do that tonite...2 hours of it. then i''ll either make us something or get us something on the way home...not sure yet.

i''m a little worried about doing a double kbox then working out again tomorrow AND thurs (owie!) but no pain no gain right?!?!?!?! and i wouldn''t be THAT much more sore than going to the gym and doing the hill program anyway, but i can burn ~700ish calories this way vs the 350! so i figure why not. i have to pay penance anyway for my weekend gorgefest. hehee.
You go Mara!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a really strong workout tonight. Was feeling a little tired from running 5 miles last night, so I spent a bit more time on my legs. I''ve found that if I work the sore muscles more during a workout, they somehow recover faster. I''m not sure the science behind that, but it''s been my experience.

I''ve been noticing that my heart rate is suddenly much lower these days on the elliptical and I''m barely breathing hard anymore. When I first started on the elliptical almost a year ago, I could barely maintain 55 RPM and my heart rate was in the 170''s (sometimesw even higher than that). I guess that showed how incredibly out of shape I was. But now, I keep pushing the levels and RPM and tonight I stayed at level 7, RPM''s over 88 to as much as 104, for a solid 45 minutes and my heart rate barely got out of the 130''s. According to the charts I should try to keep my heart in the 150''s for maximum benefit, but I''m not sure I can push it more than I''m currently pushing.

Oh well, such problems to be having, huh!!! Back to the gym tomorrow night.

I hope everyone''s week is going well.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
Yesterday, I walked at just under 4 mi/hr for an hour at an incline. My heart rate monitor says that I burned 450 calories, but it was probably more than that since I haven’t reprogrammed it for the extra 20 pounds of junk in my trunk.

This afternoon I’m finally going to go and start lifting. I’m not overly excited since everything in kilograms instead of pounds, so I think today is going to be a lot of trial and error until I can figure out what weight I should be lifting.

Mara – have you tried Stop the Clock Oatmeal?? Out of all the food I can’t get here that is what I miss the most. It is higher in calories than traditional oatmeal, but has tons of good stuff (protein, antioxidants, etc…).

Rod – that just shows you how far you’ve come. There was a woman at my old gym that use to run around 7 mph and her heart rate was at what mine was when I was warming up. It was crazy but there was no way she could have pushed it any harder.

Maybe next week I’ll show you all a picture of the meat market.
27.gif
Let’s just say I don’t buy any meat in this city. Instead I travel three hours that have what look like actual supermarkets.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2006 9:04:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I just stopped after 12 hours straight of projects and working and errands, so I don''t think exercise is in the cards today...but I''ve eaten healthily all day and am having some good for me risotto for dinner. Back to the elliptical tomorrow. I need to be prepared for an 18 mile walk on Saturday!
KimberlyH, I just figured out (after sifting through some previous workout threads) that you are training for the 3-day! How exciting--good for you!!!
9.gif
I did the Avon 2 day this past June and trained for three months...it was a ton of work and very time consuming but well worth it. I would''ve loved to have done the 3-day in Chicago this past weekend, but didn''t have the time to take off work for it, nor did I want to keep asking people for donations, LOL! Anyway, I''m proud of you--it takes a lot of work and dedication to give up your time (and pedicures) for something like that. Is this your first marathon walk? If you have any questions I would be glad to offer any advice or help... Best of luck to you!!
36.gif

Well, I had to go to the dentist for a "teef" (thank you Lorelei for that nugget) cleaning tonight, so I didn''t get a chance to eat early enough to make it to the gym... I actually moved the appt. I had for tomorrow up to tonight so I could attend a kickboxing class at my gym! Mara''s got me all jazzed for kickboxing, and I need to do fun classes like that to keep myself motivated. I get so bored with just sticking to the machines even with t.v.''s and magazines and music...I need to do something in a group atmosphere to help me stick out an entire hour of workout out. I''ve kind of shied away from doing classes in the past, basically because I am not crazy about going into a class where people already know what they''re doing, but I know it''s something I need to do for my overall health and well-being so I''m doing it.

Rod, it''s good to hear you are noticing more good changes in your health! When you tell of your experiences here it is very inspiring--proof that sticking with a healthy lifestyle really makes you feel better in the long run. Keep up the great work! Oh, I also read your "warning" about soy products, and I agree that it is something that people need to educate themselves about before jumping on the bandwagon. I''m not a huge fan of soymilk, but as a vegetarian I do consume several products with soy proteins in them in place of meat or dairy. I have read some of those articles before but I''m glad you brought them up here. I think it''s of the utmost importance that we know all we can about what we put into our bodies.

Mara, you go girl! Two kickboxing classes in one night? I hope I can get through ONE tomorrow, lol!
9.gif

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I''m super impressed with everyone''s efforts.

Last night I had a healthy dinner as planned - roasted beets with caramelized red onions, a large salad, and a small piece of salmon. I did manage my goal of 8 glasses a day, plus an extra to make up for the coffee.

Tomorrow''s vegetable is dinosaur kale. I''ll probably saute with olive oil and garlic. I''m also going to a kickboxing class at the gym, and am a little apprehensive. It''s been a long time and my body''s going to complain, but after reading about Mara''s goals, I''m like, yeah, you can handle it for an hour and a half.

I''m going on a trip this week and so the healthy food might be more difficult, but I love to work out in hotel gyms for some reason so I''ll be on track there.

Rebot, where do you get Stop the Clock oatmeal? Always on the lookout for edible oatmeal...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nooo rebot noooo...no more pictures...hehee. i'm sure we can IMAGINE it if it's anything like the toilet.
40.gif

so i worked out tonite back to back classes and let me just say....OH MY GOD. i am like a wet noodle. i was kind of tired tonite...probably because i had a hard workout last nite and doing two tonite was pushing it. i also didn't eat a ton today to get myself ready probably...i could have used a carb boost or something right before. i did have a high fiber/protein cereal snack about 3 hours before but it didn't last QUITE through both classes. but i did it and i already am SORE so i am sure tomorrow i will be just TIRED. but i am working out tomorrow night with a friend at class so gotta go there too. but hopefully with 24 hours of rest i'll be okay. haha.

dinner was going to be this thai curry noodle recipe i found on cooking light but i didn't feel like cooking so i ended up going next door to the karate place which is a vietnamese retaurant and getting us some soup and noodle dishes. i got the bbq shrimp over rice noodles which is actually fairly healthy because they bbq shrimp and then put it onto plain white rice noodles and include fresh lettuce, fresh parsley, 'fish sauce' which is like this light vinagrette kind of stuff; and crushed peanuts. it's really good since it's got a bunch of flavors going on...but pretty 'light' tasting. and i knew i needed some protein so the shrimp were perfect. greg got a 'beef ball' soup that he loves. hehee.

anyway...now i am sitting on the couch with my herbed heating pack on various areas of my shoulders and back...which is something my massage therapist says i should be doing way more.

monarch...about the kickboxing...i think it's really important to find the right class for you and your needs/wants. i love this class that i go to now...i went to it years ago when i lived closeby to the studio...it's a karate studio and they also do these kboxing classes. it was random that i just started it...and i just really liked the class! the teachers were great, especially this one gal and you got a great workout. it was mostly women, i could learn the steps and moves easily, i felt 'powerful'...it was just fun. so when we moved, i went to another studio that was owned by the same parent company closer to the new house and it was a totally different workout. the original one was cardio based, like tae bo..and the new one was hitting the bags, more like what karate class is at the other place. trying to teach more technique, more muscle resistance and less cardio. i bulk up with muscle kind of easily, so i ended up not liking that other class as much and after the wedding i just got bored with it. i didn't go for like 9 months! then i would force myself to go 1x a week but it TOTALLY wasn't fun for me. the instructor was like a drill seargant and i just wasn't feeling it. so i finally went back to this old cardio class and drive 15 minutes to get there each time but it's worth it for me. the class has not changed a bit (kind of scary since it's been 3 years since we moved) but it was like an old glove. and it's fun, the music is awesome, the teachers are still great. i don't know if i will do it for the next 5 years but i hope so because i do like it and i like the way it makes me feel and i haven't gotten that feeling from any other class so far. i did another kbox class at my gym and it was totally pansy kickboxing...hehee. the teacher could have cared less how your technique was and the gals looked half motivated. so i hope that you like this gym class and it is kind of what you make it, you can make it as hard or as easy as you can really! if i feel like pushing it...i bounce as much as possible. if i am tired, i end up stepping through the routine and not bouncing as much. i have definitely been trying to up the cardio more and bouncing for most of the class. it's a great butt and leg workout!!

anyway good luck tomorrow on your class, i will be rooting for you and i hope you love it!!! also, the good thing is that the more you do it, the more confident you feel with the moves so it kind of has that self-defense aspect too you know?! can't hurt!

hope everyone had a great night tonite!!! it might be time for a parfait...hee hee.

eta...good luck emerald lover as well!!! kickboxing is pretty fun so i hope you like your class!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehehe Monnie, I need to make an appointment for my teef to be cleaned too now I don't smoke
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Did my usual this morning...Mara I was watching the calorie counter on the treadmill and it definitely seems the incline is the way to go for calorie burning, it went significantly faster for incline than speed.

I need to try the weight contraption thing again to get the hang of it, so probably tomorrow night.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
no time to excercise this morning. Have to be to work at 9am and didnt get home from work till 1am... I have a few hours off this afternoon, I think I am going to walk up the beach.

Goal for today, to not eat a cookie. Sounds like a baby step, but is incredibly significant (if i could actually do it!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning kids!!! jcrow how are you? we havent heard from you in a while. who else are we missing? jeff? still working out? dixie? heather? travelin gal? bueller?

no cookie today sounds like a mighty fine goal, monarch. yesterday my coworker came back from hawaii so of course i had to have a dark chco covered macadamia nut...i don't even like the things but i was all over the dark choco. but it tasted ok. hehee.

so yesterday i also went out to the store and stocked up on a bunch of stuff, they were having a sale on LC's which was awsome as i had run out a while ago and i refuse to pay $4.50 for them when they have them on sale for 6 for $12 usually once a month. so i got a bunch and i am trying one of their pizzas, i took the one that was almost gone since i figured maybe that was the best tasting one if there was only 2 left. hehe. and of course spaghetti and meatballs, spaghetti in meat sauce and marsala chicken.

i also got this new cereal, since i have cereal almost every morning i get really bored with the old vavorites even if they are super yummy. so this one looked intriguing, it's in the organic kind of section of our normal supermarket, it's called Cinammon Oat Crunch by 'Mother's' (not Mothers as in the cookies, a more organic one I guess!!).. and it is actually quite yummy! Kind of like a blend between Cinammon Toast Crunch and Cinammon Life...both of which I love. But it's way more healthy. The calories are a little high at 250 for 1 cup but it also has something like 6g of fiber and 5g of protein and it's yummy! I feel VERY full when I eat a cup. So that's my new 'find for the week.

have a great day everyone!!! hope to see some others check in...our thread has been a little anemic this week? maybe it was the toilet.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I had a good run of 4 miles last night. My legs feel a little sore today, so I think I''ll take tonight off. I''ll probably do a treadmill run tomorrow night, then rest until the race on Sunday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2006 12:11:04 PM
Author: coda72
I had a good run of 4 miles last night. My legs feel a little sore today, so I think I''ll take tonight off. I''ll probably do a treadmill run tomorrow night, then rest until the race on Sunday.
Coda......all of your friends here will be thinking about you this weekend and applauding how hard you''ve worked for this race. I know you''re going to do great!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Further Evidence That the Scale is an EVIL Monster:

So, as you all know (and I know how many more times can I tell 'ya??), I've lost a lot of weight and in particular body fat. About three or four months ago, my weight had dropped to the 171 lb., range (from over 220) and my waist size was 33 - 34 depending on brand. I typically wear jeans to work (as the boss, I've created a pretty comfortable, but nicely casual work environment), but today I had this urge to dress a little nicer and I went to my khaki's, which are all pretty new, and not one pair fit. Now today, I weigh 175 (with some variations +/- a lb., or two). So, I've obviously lost more body fat and gained more muscle which must be contributing to weighing more, but having a smaller waist. At lunch today, I went to try on khaki's and low and behold, my waist is a solid 32, borderline 31.

So, the moral of my story is if you're working out and you're eating healthy and you gain weight, but your clothes become larger, do not let the scale make you feel bad. It is an evil monster and it purposely does everything in its' power to intimidate you to step on it's glassy top and make you feel guilty for no real reason whatsoever. I guess it just has this nasty spirit. But you know better and you can beat it at its game...........
29.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that Rod. I HATE SCALES. I can now pull my jeanies down without undoing the button or zip and they slide past my hips like greased lightening, but have the scales moved??? No!
29.gif
So I am now going to do my best to ignore the rotten b-ggers and concentrate on my clothes fit again like I used to.

It is pathetic when I weigh myself, I teeter on the scales in terror and jump in fright when the numbers reveal themselves
32.gif
I have various tricks and times to weigh myself but now it is time to stop as if I am not careful I will be every bit as bad and obsessed with them as I used to be
23.gif

I like to hear of a man dressing smartly Rod! Congrats on that trim waist!
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning and the did free weights. I need to start doing sit ups but I HATE them and just can''t get motivated...any advice?

Oatmeal for breakfast (I love the weight control oatmeal!), a power bar for lunch and thai basil coconut chicken curry w/ jasmine rice (homemade) for dinner.

Monarch: I am training for the 3Day in San Diego in November. It is my first marathon walk.I am so looking forward to it, but it does take up a lot of time. Before my wedding I had a pedi and they wanted to remove the calisus (sp?) and I freaked out "don''t touch them!!!" My team has walks planned every Saturday and Sunday in October. Of course they''re voluntary, but the more I go the better prepared I''ll be. I have back problems and have concerns about how I will be on the second and third day. Do you have any tips for me? Raising money has been somewhat difficult, I hate asking people for money, especially since I was just married in August and so many people spent a lot of money traveiling to come to our wedding; I''m a little more than half way there. A totally random aside that has nothing to do with being healthy, Chicago is mine and hubby''s favorite vacation spot...we visit about 4 times a year and were engaged there (at Harry Caray''s).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear ya rod! That''s FAB that your waist is smaller now!!

I have definitely lost inches...my waist lost about 2 and my hips have lost 1 so far. My legs are definitely smaller, my thighs are pretty darn small now compared to before but I didn''t really measure them. But yep that scale...~2-3 lbs does not equal 2 inches lost etc.

I posted some pictures of me in the Charlotte pants thread in shoppnig to show the ladies what the pants look like on a body...I thought about reposting them over here but then thought nah...but if you want to see what I look like, check them out. I was pleasantly surprised when I uploaded the pictures and saw how they came out!

My workout partner bailed on tonite but that''s okay because I think I need a break so I''m taking P out for a 2-3m walk and then making us dinner. Greg got a huge raise yesterday at work, somewhat unexpected and the % is out of this world, so I figure he deserves a nice yummy home cooked meal as a congrats!! Then this weekend we can go out and celebrate.
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww.....not fair Mara. I went and looked at your pics. I recognize the ring. The body attached to the ring is absolutely FANTASTIC. But.....where's the face that's attached to the fantastic body attached to the fabulous ring???????

EDIT: Please congratulate Greg on getting a fabulous raise!! In today's economy, raises are hard if not impossible to come by. Hmmmmmm, more money.......Could there be a new diamond project in someone's mind????

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2006 2:16:47 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning and the did free weights. I need to start doing sit ups but I HATE them and just can''t get motivated...any advice?

Oatmeal for breakfast (I love the weight control oatmeal!), a power bar for lunch and thai basil coconut chicken curry w/ jasmine rice (homemade) for dinner.

Monarch: I am training for the 3Day in San Diego in November. It is my first marathon walk.I am so looking forward to it, but it does take up a lot of time. Before my wedding I had a pedi and they wanted to remove the calisus (sp?) and I freaked out ''don''t touch them!!!'' My team has walks planned every Saturday and Sunday in October. Of course they''re voluntary, but the more I go the better prepared I''ll be. I have back problems and have concerns about how I will be on the second and third day. Do you have any tips for me? Raising money has been somewhat difficult, I hate asking people for money, especially since I was just married in August and so many people spent a lot of money traveiling to come to our wedding; I''m a little more than half way there. A totally random aside that has nothing to do with being healthy, Chicago is mine and hubby''s favorite vacation spot...we visit about 4 times a year and were engaged there (at Harry Caray''s).
Kimberly, good thing you didn''t have those callouses removed--you''re gonna need them! I had lots of callouses built up but still managed to get some blisters underneath my callouses...my suggestion is to bring extra shoes and bandaids that are made specifically for blisters, those worked really well for me. I also managed my pain (muscle and blister) by taking ibuprofen pretty frequently. Whatever OTC pain reliever works for you, make sure to have plenty with you. For water, I carried one of those CamelPak backpack hydration things, it really cut down on my back pain and the number of stops I had to make for water, although it doesn''t stay ice cold for long, lol! I''m sure you know all about the importance of the correct socks, and not to change the ones you''ve been training with...bring Wet-Naps or your own hand-sanitizer for the port-o-potties, it seemed like they kinda ran out for us, plus everyone was touching the same tubes of hand sanitizer after using the restroom (yuck!), oh and feminine supplies just in case. I was fortunate enough to have TToTM the same weekend of my Walk
20.gif
, what a PITA! Re. raising money: I had a tough time with it, too... my best move was to post a sign-up sheet at my DH''s favorite little watering hole, and I collected about $300 in a couple of weeks doing that. Do you know anyone who would help you do something like that? Also, keep in mind that you need to ask EVERYONE, and avoid feeling like a beggar by remembering that you are also helping raise awareness of the issue at the same time.
2.gif
How coincidental that you got engaged in Chicago, btw...I got engaged downtown as well (long story, lol)! Take care, and I''m happy to answer any other questions!

35.gif
So, tonight is kickboxing night--I''m excited! Mara, I tried to respond again last night but my post disappeared. Anyway, thanks for your additional input/thoughts. I''ll let you know how it goes tonight. Oh, and btw you do look fabulous! That''s, like, a whole new body you''ve got there, girl! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Rebot, you''re giving me flashbacks! I grew up in the Middle East and toilets like that were standard--we had no warning about them before we encountered them for the first time in the airport after flying in at 4:00 am. Gaaa! And the meat markets . . . if they are like what I experienced there, no pictures, thanks.
14.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone. Just checking in. I went to the gym at 3 pm today and it was almost empty. It gave me a chance
to try out some different equipment without feeling like a newbie. I''m really enjoying the machines!! Did I tell you that when I was last
a gym member (1978) that the weights were all "free weights," no machines whatsoever? I could be your parents age...you guys
2.gif

Also had a great Jujitsu lesson on Monday. We practice mostly self defense with and without the use of weapons. Fun, huh?

Keep on TRACKin
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2006 7:47:52 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Hi everyone. Just checking in. I went to the gym at 3 pm today and it was almost empty. It gave me a chance
to try out some different equipment without feeling like a newbie. I''m really enjoying the machines!! Did I tell you that when I was last
a gym member (1978) that the weights were all ''free weights,'' no machines whatsoever? I could be your parents age...you guys
2.gif

Also had a great Jujitsu lesson on Monday. We practice mostly self defense with and without the use of weapons. Fun, huh?

Keep on TRACKin
1.gif
Good to hear from you Jeff. Glad you''re finding the machines to your liking. I''m thinking you and I are in the same age group. I''ll be 52 on January 6, 2007, so don''t think you''re the only ''aged'' one here.........LOL And for me the machines were completely new as well. Until October of last year, I had never stepped in a gym, nor did I ever think I would. Now, I can''t imagine my life without the gym and I''m very grateful to know the body is very resilient and can still learn new tricks at my age even.

Again good to hear from you. Keep it going and you won''t regret it.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I did go to kickboxing, and can I just say, kickboxing=pain. Oh, man. I also picked up some oatmeal on the way home, and tonight, I had steamed vegetables (kale, multi-colored bell peppers) and roast chicken for dinner.

I may not be checking in, since I''ll be out of town, but I''ll be good. I already feel like I have a lot more energy and my skin looks a lot better. My Charlotte pants are being hemmed right now so I can''t try them on and see how they look, but now I''m curious to check out the pictures.

Good night!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Rod ... you guys know what I look like in the face! plus my expression was too weird to post. haha.

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures, it does feel good to look at them and know that I have come a ways from when I started. Not that I lost a huge amount but it''s taken a lot of work to get this ''fit'' or toned or whatever and I know I still have a little work to do. But it feels good to SEE progress!!! And know that you guys see it too!

So we had thai curry mussels tonite with a few baked french fries and a cocktail...hehee. Then we went for a LONG walk...we estimate it was between 3 and 3.5 miles so that felt good to get out and stretch a bit after the meal. We also ended up walking by this house that I have been looking at online for a while now that is for sale that I am just in love with...I was like LOOK it''s the house! hehe. It''s very cute, in a tudor style on a corner lot.

congrats emerald on getting to kickboxing!! it gets easier with time, trust me. hehe. monarch, did you get to class too?? yay to jeff for continuing with the gym!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2006 7:47:52 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
to try out some different equipment without feeling like a newbie. I'm really enjoying the machines!! Did I tell you that when I was last
a gym member (1978) that the weights were all 'free weights,' no machines whatsoever? I could be your parents age...you guys
2.gif

Keep on TRACKin
1.gif
hehehehehe....Hubby has been buying fitness mags recently, in an effort to get shredded ( Lorelei splutters behind hand!
41.gif
) and one of them has an article about Arnie free weighting in the seventies and how he used them etc. Most interesting... Arnie looked like he was in agony when he was lifting - he probably was!

I am glad you are enjoying it Jeff - Hubby has promised to give his sulking wife a lesson on the multigym tonight and help me work out a routine
16.gif

Did 30 mins treadmill and 20 elliptical, went well but I pushed too hard on the elliptical and my heart was pounding there for a minute so I had to back off a bit.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All - as usual you are all doing fabulously!

Last night I worked really late, so by the time I got home, the last thing I wanted to do was pack up and go back out for the gym.

I was being lazy on the couch for awhile and catching up on my soap operas on tivo. Well, since my plan was to just do weights & some light cardio on Wednesdays, I started doing it at home. I did side leg lifts (for my ultra-weak hips that can use all the help they can get!), 120 crunches in various positions, squats, push ups, a varied arm workout with my free weights & 200 jumping jacks!

So although probably not as good of a workout I would have gotten at the gym, but much better than sitting on my butt at home
2.gif

Today I am going to the gym to run3 miles or so. I just found out that my dad might have to have shoulder surgery so it''s possible he won''t be able to run in the 5 mile race around Thanksgiving. I haven''t decided if I will do it or not now, maybe that is my laziness talking
27.gif

MsFlutter - welcome back! I remember you posting back in the LIW threads! I would never survive working in places with fresh baked cookies all the time. It''s hard enough here at the office with some crappy store bought stuff!

KimberlyH - glad to hear you recovered from your back injury!

Rod - you are on track as always!

Lorelei - your new home gym sounds like so much fun! Keep up the good work.

Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results