shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Dec till 16th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A madhouse for a week saw me exercising only three days--which is just as well as my knee is still kinda stupid. It hasn''t prevented me from my ususal routine, I just don''t work it as long. I heard champagne was the cure.....
2.gif
emcocktl.gif

Marcy--good for you! Great sucess to you!
Skippy: hope your MRI is unremarkable. I should get one too, mabye in the NY when I have time.....

And to all the rest of the folks--hope your day and weekend are fab!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks friends; I am sure it will be fine but I want to just be sure w/the knee and mri. Today it is snowing!!!! It was a gorgeous sunny day yesterday. I am going to run to costco because I need to buy something to take to 2 of the party's tomorrow and then I am meeting my parents for lunch!!! I am tempted to buy a churro at costco.
11.gif

I haven't been eating as much but I am eating naughty things, sigh. Today through Monday are bad. Saturday are 2 partys, Sunday we are going up to Taos and Monday my friend is taking me to lunch and we are going shopping, eeeek! In Taos they have these awesome huge salads but the problem is the yummy pesto dressing, maybe hubby and I could share.

I need to make cookies so maybe I will do that today and ship them tomorrow morning out to my in laws. Wow, the holidays are getting nutty!

Marcy, sorry about your knee; hope it feels better soon. YAYYYYY for the 138 weight loss; I need to follow the Marcy weight loss plan! Use the sour cream recipe of Paul Deens.

Linda, the mac and cheese w/sour creamy is the yummy one; I have both the Lady and Sons cook books and her banana bread is yummy too. Yay for looking great at the reunion!

Mara, since my knee is super tender, they want to make sure it isn't the ACL. Thanks for asking. Yay for the trainer workout, wow they really want you to engage your core, good for you!!!

Kimi, darn, I know the wall. I love to walk but I can't brave the super cold weather and the gym is boring. Yum to Polenta and sausage! Thanks for your thoughts Kimi!

Jas, we wuve you and can't wait till Thursday!!!!!!!!!

Kayak, yay for 4 lb loss!!!!!

Sharon, you should get your knee checked out. You can't do an MRI in Canada?? I am sorry about the knee
8.gif
I understand about not pushing it.

Rod, cheers to sushi tonight!!! I am going to buy more of those yummy fuji's today; you have me on a fuji kick. hehee

Steph and Lorelei, hope you are feeling better soooooon.

Mrs. Salvo, enjoy your hike tomorrow, you healthy preggo!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2007 12:11:28 PM
Author: Skippy123
Thanks friends; I am sure it will be fine but I want to just be sure w/the knee and mri. Today it is snowing!!!! It was a gorgeous sunny day yesterday. I am going to run to costco because I need to buy something to take to 2 of the party''s tomorrow and then I am meeting my parents for lunch!!! I am tempted to buy a churro at costco.
11.gif

Sharon, you should get your knee checked out. You can''t do an MRI in Canada?? I am sorry about the knee
8.gif
I understand about not pushing it.
HI:

Oh, MRI''s are readily available thru the public system and privately. I''ve had two that I paid for on my own for other reasons. I jsut haven''t had time and I keep dreaming that it will go away and I''ll wake up pain free!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Marcy!!!!!! Way to go. We are so proud of you. Most of all, you should be so proud of yourself. Giving you a big hug.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, Kimberly, I LOVE sausage and polenta. There is this Italian restaurant by my mom''s house. The way they make it is to die for. One dish of it, lasts me 4 meals, honest..... They put tomatoes, tomato sauce and yellow, green and red peppers on top of it. Now I am soooooooooooooooo hungry for it.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Today was a difficult eating day. I knew we were having an office holiday party with lots of "bad", hard-to-resist foods. So this morning I had an Odwalla almond bar with my black coffee. Then around 12:30 I had a Stonyfield Farms yogurt with some fiber cereal in it. At 2:30 our party started, we exchanged Secret "Santa" gifts and chowed down. The crazy ladies who plan the parties ordered some roasted veggies, chicken skewers with peanut sauce, fried chicken wings, and BBQ ribs. There were also some filo dough wrapped hors d''oeuvres things. It was so yummy I had seconds. Then for dessert they ordered tiramisu, german chocolate cake and cheesecake. Oh yeah, there was some fresh fruit too. But everyone seemed to ignore the fresh fruit and veggies!

Yesterday I was on the elliptical for a little over an hour. I just wanted to see if I could hit 600 calories in one hour. I think I got up to 650 or so. I''m still trying to get my endurance and cardio level up. It''s been a long time!

This morning I was 111.4. Even though that''s not the lowest I''ve been this month, the good news is that the past few days my pants have been feeling a little looser! Today I put on a pair and I was thinking about throwing a belt on!!! Woohoo!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone....TGIF!!!

i am off monday and am super excited about my long weekend....wheee!

i won''t bore you with the typical routine of my cardio the last 2 days....55 min every night mixing 2 machines each nite. i am taking tonite off though b/c DF is taking me to this really nice steakhouse for a late dinner. so i have been saving the majority of my cals for the day for that. breakfast was bran flakes, lunch was a veggie wrap (cucs, red peppers, tomatoes, LF swiss, lettuce in a wheat wrap) that was pretty bland, and cottage cheese for a snack (LF of course). i have been planning my dinner all week and am thinking i will share a large filet mignon with DF (he eats 2/3 usually if not 3/4) and we''ll split these side dishes of green beans and mashed potatoes with garlic butter. and they have this delicious rye bread with a salt crust and a mushroom butter....sounds weird but it''s so good. i''m always excited to actually get dressed up b/c i never wear anything besides jeans and gym clothes (i work from home 99% of the time). so yay for a fun nite out!

i also booked a trip to india today for work. i will be going for 2 weeks in late january to delhi and mumbai to visit the 2 new offices we acquired. i''ll probably lose 5 lbs those 2 weeks b/c i am not a big fan of indian food but maybe i''ll end up liking the real thing. the good news is that one of the places i am staying at is a spa resort with american cardio equipment (precor and life fitness) so that is a relief. i haven''t booked the first week of my trip at a hotel yet....still working on it.

skippy: crossing my fingers for your knee.
marcy: -138 and counting!!! whee!
kimberly: i would gain about 15 lbs in a week if i were in chicago (i think that''s where you were this time)....they have such good food/restaurants there.
rod: hang in there at work....yay for the weekend!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

So DH and I went for a walk this afternoon, HOORAY! We''re having chicken for dinner.

tdiddy, we were in Chicago, and the food was amazing, with one exception. We ate at, and enjoyed: Pane Caldo, Trattoria Roma and Everest (the best of the best, saved it for last!). We didn''t enjoy Bistro Margot, the portions were out of control and just looking at my plate made me full. The food was good, but it was so much it just turned both DH and I off.

Have a good evening all.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ

Tiramisu, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my word... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. My favorite!!!!!!!!

I could eat it every single night. ha ha ha

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As well there should be "great excitement in Marcyland!!!!!" 138 pounds is simply, utterly draw jopping amazing!!

Thanks for the encouragement Mara and Kimberly. You know how it is, you''re there doing your thing and working so hard, sweat is running down your forehead and you think, I''m doing great, when along comes a younger more inshape guy who makes what you''ve just done look like childs play. But, I won''t try to compare myself to them. I won''t I tell you. Afterall, I''m also probably old enough to be their father, sad as that may seem.........

Skippy, I hope you drove safely in the snow. Glad you''ve become hooked on my daily addiction......Fuji Apples!! To me, they''re quite a treat. And I''m praying your knee issue isn''t your ACL. I''d be really surprised if it is as the pain would likely not have gone away. A guy in our gym tore his ACL playing soccer and he said it was excruciating and the pain never subsided. So, he had to have it surgically repaired. He''s back in the gym, but it will take some time before he is fully recovered.

Kayak, YAY YAY YAY YAYfor 4 pounds!! Like Mara said, you can work so hard and have nothing happen, then all of the sudden, boom the scale cooperates and your clothes fit better. Woo Hoo!!

60+ minutes and 650 calories on the elliptical is something to proud of CJ!!! Keep it up!!

Enjoy your night out tdiddy!! Sounds like you''re doing well on the fitness front too!

It''s been just a frustrating week for sure. The only saving grace has been my workouts at the gym and of course Sushi tonight! One of the interns I had to lay off stopped by today just to say hello and to tell me he missed me. I thought that was really nice, but it also depressed me because here was this young man I had put so much energy and hope in helping him start his career and boom, they made me chop his head off. Very frustrating to say the least. Today was like the rest of the week, long and just too busy to get everything done, I needed to. I finally, just had to shut down and call it a week. We did have a terrific dinner at favorite Sushi place #1. A front is coming through, which is supposed to drop our temps significantly this weekend, and as we left the restaurant it started raining really hard, so we couldn''t sit under our oak tree and have coffee like we usually. We wound up picking up our frozen yogurt treat and coming home and curling up on the coach with kitties in laps and enjoying our treat at home.

I''m looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning and then we''ll likely do a little Christmas shopping, followed by a nice long workout at the gym.

I hope everyone is looking forward to a really nice weekend!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! happy friday, yay.

good day today...breakfast was typical, snack was a fiberful roll. had lunch with my girlfriend, we had sushi which was good but not the best, and really expensive for what it was. i had a spicy tuna roll and a rainbow roll, picked off the rice on both and only ate 1/2 of each. sake/salmon sashimi as well. some miso soup. got a strawberry filled cream puff from this amazing local place that specializes in cream puffs (there is always a line out the door and it's pretty much all they sell). it was a chocolate topped one, and the chocolate was so much i only ate 1/2. then we had a bday on our floor and they had these amazing chocolate cupcakes from a fab bakery i love. so i had the cake part and ate some of the frosting but it was REALLY too much. so i tossed it. hit the gym up after work and did 300 cals on the elliptical in 35 minutes on intervals. then did some legs and headed to the market then home.

greg and i decided to try this indian restaurant near our house for dinner that i found on yelp. i've been yelping for a while now and i LOVE it...also it's a fab place to find new places for us to try that are local. so this place was less than a 5 min drive, total hole in the wall dive from the outside but really yummy food!! i got tandoori chicken which came with rice, naan, dal (lentil soup), and raita (yogurt cucumber sauce). the tandoori chicken was literally enough to feed like 4 people. i had what we think was a breast and greg had a leg along with his lamb dish, and we brought home FOUR tandoori legs for leftovers. had some rice, raita, the naan with my chicken...we LOVE LOVE LOVE naan...i try not to eat too much though. i ordered a mango lassi which i love as well but i didn't like theirs as much which is actually good because i don't think it's that healthy for you hahaha. so i didn't even drink it and now i won't need to get it again there. but everything else was fab. we can't wait to try it again and try some other items on the menu, also it seems like it'd be great for takeout too.

skip i'd be surprised if you had a torn ACL as it is VERY painful. i tore mine a little but not entirely and it was so painful i could not even put weight on the knee. i had to elevate my leg and stay off of it and hobbled around for a while, it took months to heal. and it's never quite been the same, and i tore it again a bit a few years later so i am really paranoid about it. but anyway hope it heals soon, whatever it is...hurt knee is never a fun thing.

CJ...your food today sounds yummy!! yay for elliptical. rod, sushi tonite sounds yummier than mine was today hehe. enjoy your day tomorrow. tdiddy your meal tonite sounds like it will be tasty, hope you enjoyed it! anyway we're curled up on the couch watching some old holiday santa claus show we tivo'd that looks like it was made in the 40's...cute. nite all!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know what is wrong w/me; I guess I will find out after the MRI. I didn't suggest it; the doctor did to rule things out which sounds good to me. The doctor listed a bunch of possibilities based on where the pain is located. I rather have lots of PT and be better; I miss my intense workouts. Sharon, you should get checked out too.

Have a good evening all!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Sat. morning all. Just a quick check in as I''m still feeling icky. It kind of goes in phases where I feel okay and then awful. I am trying to take it easy around here, but that is hard with a 3 year old boy running around and trying to get Christmas gifts bought and mailed out! Ugh, I was in line at the post office for an hour yesterday! Yuck! Anyway, hopefully I will start feeling better before tomorrow....it is Adam''s company holiday party. He had one with just the higher ups Wednesday but this one is for the whole family to go to and they''ve really gone all out with catering and all kinds of fun things for the kids so Andrew was very excited about it. Anyway, we''ll see tomorrow I guess. Hope everyone is doing well
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moring all! Today is going to be a hectic day! I baked cookies last night for 2 party's I am attending. I am sure I will be mailing presents off to family too. Hubby and I are going to try and squeeze in my birthday dinner tonight and tomorrow he is taking me to Taos for a fun little road trip! I might have him take me to a girlie movie too
27.gif
hehee I also hope I don't overdo it food wise this weekend, eek.

Sharon, you should get checked out. Hope you get better soon.

Hey sweet Linda!

Crown yay for the ellip workout and losing weight!

Tdiddy, thanks for the good wishes; you are so sweet! Yay to a long weekend! Yum to steak! Wow, India!

Hey Kimi!! Is the ugly ornament in? hehee

Rod, yes, fuji's are yummy; I bought more yesterday and cherry's too! I hope you are reenergize this weekend from you stressful week. That was sweet the intern came to say hello; it isn't your fault it's the bad co. Enjoy your lovely weather!

Marcy, we only have snow on the mountains. It is funny because the snow never stuck to the ground yesterday. Did you write the poem?

Mara, I love naan; I have no self control around the stuff!!!
3.gif
btw, I got my churro fix
11.gif
Glad you had a great evening!

Steph, sorry you are sick; get better! Hubby's bosses and vp party is tonight; I will let you know how that goes. I hope you are better by tomorrow!

Lorelei, how are you feeling?

My sweet WWT friends, thanks for being fab and have a fantastic weekend!!!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, have a wonderful time at the party and on your trip. Don''t worry too much about calories this weekend, enjoy! Oh, thanks also for the info on NM it looks so pretty. Adam has actually been there for work and said it was beautiful! Have fun!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya all and Skippers! I feel better than I was thanks, but I think I will leave working out until next week as I still don''t quite feel up to par...pants cold...
14.gif
29.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

So happy to report a weight of 127.0 this morning. That was quick! I thought it may take a week to get the weight off. Now for tonight. I''m going to a girls gathering. We''re all bringing appetizers to share, should be fun, but lots of little snacky foods, one of my favorite ways to eat, and an easy way to overeat (oh, it''s just a few bites!). I need to figure out what I''m bringing.

I''m going to work on school this morning, then shop this afternoon, and get a walk or elliptical work out in at some point.

Have a good one.

Skip, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
HAPPY B-DAY, SKIPPY!!!
36.gif

Dinner was good last nite. My DF inhaled the side dish garlic mashed taters so I did very little damage with those. We split the filet and shared the green beans and I stuck to a piece of that amazing bread....yum! And we skipped dessert b/c we were full, so I don''t feel guilty this morning at all. We had a big snow storm over nite so I am probably stuck working out at the neighborhood clubhouse since it is still snowing and the streets are a mess. Don''t know what''s on tap for my day but I may wrap some gifts and watch some DVR''ed shows I missed this week. We might go sled riding later tonite at a park....I''m going to have to look up how many cals that will burn
2.gif

Have a good day all!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIPPY

MAY YOUR BIRTHDAY BE A WONDERFUL ONE!!!!

Love, Linda

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...thanks for all the well wishes...I feel much better this afternoon. We ran up to Target to get a few things....I got more peanut butter to make Mrssalvo's fudge recipe which sounds divine. I must have been feeling guilty, so I picked up some resistance bands to add into my workout routine to change things up a bit. Anyone else use these? I have some magazines with some routines that i am going to try next week when hopefully I am feeling 100%.

CJ...haha about picking a trainer...I think having a young good looking guy to train me would be a huge motivator
2.gif
. Wow, you are tiny...I don't think I've weighed that little since middle school or elementary school!

Marcy, wow you are getting lots of snow. Yay for your awesome weight loss, I agree with Mara....you should submit your success story when you reach your goal...you are an inspiration girl
1.gif

Rod, I think it is awesome that you can do that many chin ups...I could never do those in school when they made us do them.

Skippy, hope your MRI comes back okay. Have a fab. birthday tomorrow and a wonderful time in Taos. Doesn't Julia Roberts live there?

Mara, hope you found some good deals online....did lots of my shopping online this year...it sooo beats the crowds at the mall.

Kayak, yay for 2 pounds, that is wonderful that all your hard work is paying off on the scales!

Canuk...three days of working out is great, you should be proud f yourself for doing that during this busy time of year!

Tdiddy, Hope you're having a great long weekend!

Hey, Linda!

Lorelei, glad you are feeling better...I am in the same boat, better but not 100%...think I will put off working out until next week.

Kimi, great job on the weight loss! Have fun at your party!

Well, I'm off to pick up some Christmas movies from Blockbuster (I think I will get Elf and Home Alone...love those!!) and then I am making Cooking Light's chicken pot pie with leftover rotesserie chicken. Have a great night everyone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Steph,

Hope you aren''t coming down with the bug. There is so much junk floating around here. Please take care of yourself. Give your little Andrew a hug for me.

That is one of my grandson''s name too.
35.gif

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone......we''re under a tornado warning, so I thought I''d write in case we''re blown away by the morning........It''s actually very unsusal for us to have such a warning. Tornado''s are not very common in the Tampa area, but the line of storms associated with this cold front are supposed to be pretty potent. It''s going to be cold enough tomorrow night that some area''s are under a freeze warning tomorrow, while tonight, we were sitting outside in shorts and t-shirts, so the temperature change will be pretty extreme.

Today was a very nice day. We started with our normal breakfast on the terrace, then we had lunch at a little deli we discovered and I had 1/2 corned beef with mustard on rye and a cup of homemade vegetable soup. Both were just yummy. From there we had a really good workout at the gym and then we went to the mall for some more Christmas shopping. I can''t believe it''s just 10 days from today!!!

Dinner was our favorite diner, and I had one of their specials tonight, which was just superb and only $10.95. For $10.95, I had grilled flank steak (and lot''s of it too) on brown rice with homemade salsa. It was just fantastic and did I mention it was only $10.95?? Charlie had pumkin crusted chicken on yellow rice with veggies, also really good and only $9.95!! Just amazingly good food for rediculously low prices........Of course we finished our evening with Frozen yogurt and coffee at Sbucks. And then a nice long soak in the hot tub under the stars.

That was pretty much our day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SKIPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Glad you''re feeling better Steph and Lorelei!!

Woo Hoo for returning to your normal weight so quickly Kimberly!

Thanks for the kudos on my chinups Steph!! I couldn''t do anything like that when I was a kid or teenager or in my 20''s, 30''s or 40''s. I was always fat and never exercised. It''s only been in the last two years that I embarked on Rebuild Rod and I am pretty pleased with what I''ve accomplished for sure!!

I hope you all had a great Saturday and are looking forward to a nice Sunday as well!!

Night night and I''ll check in tomorrow and let you know if we experienced any serious weather...........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Had a good time at the party. It turned into a very small gathering due to the cold being passed around and the holidays keeping people busy. I made a endive wrap from a CL recipe with orange slices, blue cheese, honey roasted walnuts, chives and a balsamic reduction. It was yummy! The host served Greek lemon soup, delicious, we had some flat bread and pitas with hummus. For dessert I made butter tart bars, yummy. I ate 1/2 of one. The food was, overall, very healthy and delicious.

Today I need to write two lesson plans for school. I''m not sure what else is on the agenda.

Rod, your diner meal sounds yummy.

Stephanie, glad you''re feeling better.

Have a good one, everybody!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kimberly,

The food sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo yummmy. We have a Greek Restaurant near us. We are going to hava to try it.

So glad you had fun at your party. DH and I are staying in today, it is so cold out.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon!!! Gosh, hubby and I were super busy yesterday. We went out to dinner at the restaurant which overlooks the city and all the twinkly lights; it was fun! We skipped dessert since we knew we would being seeing lots of desserts at the party's!

Then we went to hubby's bosses party; this man has a 6,000 sq ft home; I can't imagine living in a house that big. It was beautiful but you can get lost in something like that. heheee I made friends w/this lady engineer at the party; she was soooo sweet and was aking me about Tamales! She said where she is from they have something sort of similar. Also, there were a million gorgeous desserts plated like out of movie! I had some rum ball, bourbon balls, biscochitos, and macaroons. I was stuffed! Then we went to another party on the opposite end of the city which was my good friends house. We had fun and hubby played pool w/the men. We got home late last night.

This morning I got up at 6 and met up w/a friend. Then I met hubby for breakfast at this wonderful hole in the wall. I feel full for the party's and breakfast so we nexed Taos because I am tired and so is hubby. I woke from a nice bday nap. Hubby cut up some apples and a bowl of cherry's for us for lunch, yum! Now we are going to see the girlie movie Enchanted. heheee Thank you for all your loving sweet wishes! I can't wait to get back on track!!!!

Steph, where did Adam go in NM? He liked it? I get sometimes some people don't like and others love it. When I use to travel for work I would wait for the plane and get started talking to people and they loved telling Albuquerque story's. I was always surprised at how many people have been here! Julia Roberts does live in Taos. Glad you are better! Have fun at your party!

Lorelei, get better!!!! I love your twinklie avatar; I keep meaning to tell ya!

Kimi, yay for your low again! I love greek food; yay for making it healthy!!!

Tdiddy, I love filet's, yum! Cool to snow! Thanks for the wishes!

Linda, thank you; I love greek food too! Yum!

Rod, I have been thinking about you; please let us know you are safe. I have you two cuties in my prayers and thanks for the sweet song!

Mara, where are you? Making tamales? hehee
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all! Skip I read last nite but didn''t feel like posting then today just been busy!! We had a busy eating day yesterday, pizza for lunch though breakfast was super healthy. Then I made double chocolate peppermint cookies and of course I had to eat a bunch. They weren''t too bad thankfully. And today I made snickerdoodles, but really small ones (bite sized) so the recipe made 120 instead of 60...I want to take them to work tomorrow and also package some up for our neighbors so thats why I wanted them so small. Also this way when I consume 6 of them, it''s more like 3. hahaha.

Yesterday I did Zumba and we walked downtown to the Xmas in the Park and back with my sister. Bad food there, another Churro and Mexi Chocolate hehee. And some dinner where we shared cheesy garlic bread that was just okay, and soooooo bad for you, I scraped off the cheese and garlic because it was CRAZY piled on.

This morning Greg had a holiday mass concert at a church so we went with our neighbors and since getting back home been baking and ordering gifts online. We''re going for a 2-3m walk in a few minutes, then over to our neighbors for dinner...her parents are visiting from Slovakia and the dad is a chef so he is making some fabulous meal and a homemade cake and CREPES for dessert. We can''t wait!

So a huge eating weekend. The start of the real holiday season I suppose! Figure when I can be ''good'' this week, I will be, otherwise I won''t worry about it too much. End of last week the scale said I was the same (1/2 lb lower actually) as the last few weeks, so nothing has changed thankfully.
2.gif
Have a great rest of day all!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 3:03:59 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi Kimberly,

The food sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo yummmy. We have a Greek Restaurant near us. We are going to hava to try it.

So glad you had fun at your party. DH and I are staying in today, it is so cold out.

Linda
Well prepared Greek food is DELICIOUS. The lemon soup we had last night had a hint of lemon, rice, carrots and celery in it. It was so delicious. I''m going to have to ask her for the recipe.

Today has been all about school and shopping for Christmas. We stopped at the butcher shop on the way home and picked up a NY strip that we''ll share for dinner w/ some potatoes and a green salad.

I''m trying to wrap up a school project, the second of two lesson plans. I''m still feeling anti-work-out. So not a good thing. I have 2 weeks off for Christmas from both school and work, and I''m hoping to make up for my laziness then. And of course get some exercise done in the meantime! Pathetic, I tell ya, I feel pathetic.

Oh, and I ate a Reese''s Peanut Butter Cup today. Boo me!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there........We didn't blow away. It was not nearly what they had predicted in the Tampa area. But, just about an hour north of us, a Tornado hit a women's correctional facility and pretty much demolished it. Fortunately, they moved the women from an unsafe portion to a safer portion and no one was hurt. Other than that, there were a few tree's blown down, but none of them in our area. It was actually a really beautiful day. It was much cooler and we got to wear long sleeve shirts for a change. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be only in the 50's, which for Tampa is pretty chilly.

We met some friends for lunch and coffee earlier, then we hit the gym about 3 PM and I don't what happened, but Charlie and I didn't walk out until after 6 PM. Somehow we were just on a good roll and we kept going. I'm actually sore this evening, so I know I accomplished something. Tomorrow's a day of rest and Sushi night at favorite Sushi place #2, so I usually push it up a notch before a day of rest anyway.

For dinner we had a nice salad and I just finised my 3 squares of Lindt 70% dark chocolate. I'll likely have a Fuji apple later.

Kimberly, the food sounded terrific and healthy!!

Skippy, don't you just love those restaurants high above the city and you can see all the lights. It doesn't even really matter if the food is that great, as the view makes it all worthwhile!! Then hitting two parties after dinner........wow......sounds like you both had a great time!!

Sounds like you've certainly been busy as usual Mara. You manage to do more in an afternoon, than many do in a weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing about the fabulous dinner you're likely eating right now at your neighbor's house!!

That's about it from this side of the country. I hope you all had great weekends and your week ahead is great.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Boy did I have a busy weekend. Friday night we went to dinner with friends followed by going to a play. We got up early Saturday and went to Denver to go shopping then met some of my family at the Denver Zoo to walk around and look at the lights (they decorate for Christmas). After walking about 9 hours total yesterday I feel like someone beat me up today. My toes, my feet, my knees and my back are all sore today but they have improved as the day went along.
Today we were going to run a few errands and we didn’t get home until about 2:30 but I did manage to get all my Christmas cards ready to mail. Woo hoo for that. My DH spent the afternoon decorating our Christmas tree.
This morning I weighed in at 181.0 – making me minus 139 pounds. Of course it was about 2 hours later than my normal weigh in so I’ll see what is says in the morning before I really count it.
Kimi, I hope you’ve caught up on the sleep you missed on Friday. Good idea putting that time to good use. Thanks for the congratulations. I am glad you and John got to have a lovely walk this weekend. Woo hoo for being back to 127! That is awesome.
Jas, yay for counting down the days till you can bid that school farewell and good for you taking care of Jas for the next few months.
Kayak, congratulations on loosing 4 pounds in one week; that is awesome. Thank you for the congratulations. I am pretty proud and excited.
Mara, it freaks me out that I have lost more than you weigh (and many other people I know). I still am shooting for at least 35 more pounds. I am considering writing a story or something. That would be fun. I am glad you had fun this weekend meeting with your parents and friends. I bet the Christmas in the park was fun. I have the week of Christmas off too; I am so looking forward to it.
Sharon, sorry to hear your knee is still giving you trouble. I agree, champagne has got to help knee pain. Thank you for the kind words about my success so far.
Skippy, Happy Birthday!
emcake.gif
Did you get some new bling? I am glad you got some snow. We finally reached above freezing today here and will have highs in the low forties for a few days. I am glad you got to make some cookies. I need to bake a few this week. Thank you for the yay for loosing more weight. The recipe I printed out has sour cream in it so it should be yummy. I know it’s not low cal. I hope your knee is feeling better today. I did get my poem written. I hope you had a great birthday. Your parties sound like they were fun.
Linda, thanks for the big hug and being proud of me. I am pretty proud of being a smaller version of Marcy
CrownJewel, yay for needing a belt on your loose pants. That is the kind of results we like to see.
Tdiddy, I hope you enjoy your long weekend. Your trip to India sounds fun. Thanks for the whee – I am still counting down and enjoying it.
Rod, thanks for the nice compliments about my 138 pounds. I even bought a little bottle of champagne today so we can celebrate when I get in to the 170’s. That was very nice one of your former interns came by to say hello and tell you he missed you. We get tornadoes around here sometimes; they aren’t fun. I glad to hear no one was hurt at the correctional facility. Sorry to hear you’ll have cool weather tomorrow. I am glad you had a nice, pleasant Sunday.
Steph, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Let me know how you like the resistance bands, I have been thinking of getting some. Thanks for the words of encouragement about my success.
Lorelei, I am glad you are feeling better and hope you feel great soon.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Laters.
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening, WWTr''s. You all sound very busy and full of good Christmas cheer! I''ve not been able to catch up on this thread yet tonight but I did read through today''s responses.

I had a terrible migraine attack Friday morning...I have a prescription for an abortive medication called Relpax but it did not do the trick for probably the third time since I started taking it last year (I get migraines maybe once or twice a month, with aura). So I managed to get an emergency appointment Friday afternoon and my doc prescribed a different pill called Florva...long story short, i ended up with either a bad allergic reaction or bad side effects--overnight I developed a rash ono my torso and numbness on the right side of my body, and I was very dizzy for about 5 hours after waking up to the other two issues. But the headache had subsided. Still, I called the doctor''s office to report my problems and the doc called me back within a couple hours and told me to discontinue use. Duh! This is about the last thing I need during a busy holiday season of work and everything else life involves. My rash is gone now and feeling returned to my right side of my body yesterday afternoon, so at least it wasn''t some major health emergency. Still it was pretty scary. Migraines suck!

Despite all the prescrip/migraine madness, I did manage to get to work yesterday and today, and tomorrow I have a bit of a reprieve and get to sleep in before i got to my ortho appointment at 1 and then onto work after that...argh, not much time for working out. At this point, I miss working out since it is such a stress reliever and while I''m usually sweating through a workout and wondering why the hell I''m inflicting such physical stress on my body, afterwards I feel all happy and much less anxious! So now I miss it...go figure. The grass is always greener, it seems.

Hit the grocery store tonight...picked up enough fresh veggies and fruit to last a few days, and found frozen Steamfresh veggies on sale which is great because we love those (just nuke them for a couple minutes and voila--a fresh tasting veggie side to any meal or delicious on their own). Mrs. Salvo''s peanut butter fudge thread did have me taking a trip down the baking aisle and buying evaporated milk and mini marshmallows...that was kind of weird...last time I bought anything on that aisle that wasn''t in a box was, um, a very long time ago? I can''t even remember! I am planning to make PB fudge tomorrow and will be bringing the majority of it to work on Tuesday if it turns out alright. Unlike many of you, I have very little confidence in my baking/cooking skills, especially when it comes to recipes I don''t use on a regular basis.

Congrats to all of you who are still dropping lbs...I seem to have leveled off and am just maintaining nowadays, which is fine with me. If I can maintain through these next couple weeks I will be proud of myself!

Oh, and to anyone who''s interested, I did finally post pics of my other two decorated trees in the "show me your christmas tree" thread tonight. Since Dh and I are not hosting any holiday get-togethers this year, you guys are really the only folks I have to share my holiday decor with, which, come to think of it, is kind of sad. All part of working retail again, though, there just isn''t time to do everything I want to do during the season.

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results