shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Dec till 16th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Y'all (Charlie's watching Paula's Cooking Show on Food Network - but I find her a bit much to be honest.......)

Another long day, which I'm afraid is just what I have to look forward to for the forseeable future. Won't bore with any details there. I didn't get to the gym until nearly 6:30, but I had a full and productive workout. It just means I'll be getting home a bit later in the evening. It's really not too bad to get there a little later anyway. It's usually the serious hardcore gym rats who are there later and it's easier to get the machines you want. I did get annoyed with this girl as there are two very popular machines (froward and reverse fly) and there's often a wait for them. So, this girl was taking her time, knowing people were waiting and then she finally moves off the machine and goes to a machine a couple machines away, but she left all her stuff at the machine we were all waiting for. It was my turn next, and I just thought, oh she must have forgotten her stuff, so I walked over and asked her if she wanted her things to which she had the nerve to tell me she was "super-setting" and would back to use the machine when she was off the one she moved to. So, I calmly said, one doesn't do that when there are people waiting to use a machine and she said......"tough - that's what I'm doing" Needless to say, I didn't give her the machine back and neither did anyone else who was waiting. Sorry for the Rod Rant, but she was rude and inconsiderate. OK.....Rod Rant over. Otherwise, my workout was good.

Skippy, glad you had a good walk. Sorry you missed muscle hour due to snow..........Good luck at the Doctor tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and hope you learn there's not a thing wrong with your knee!

Steph, 5:30 AM???????????????? I'm so impressed you can go for a run at that hour, but Rod chooses to believe 5:30 AM does not exist in the awake world...........LOL

Lorelei, so sorry you can't sleep. Colds are just miserable, particularly this time of year. I hope you're feeling better real soon!

CJ, send your trainer to Tampa and I'll have our trainer whip her in shape!! We chose our trainer by observing the trainers work with their clients over a long time. There are some trainers who do nothing but babysit their clients at various machines and just chit chat. That's not what we wanted, and for the money they charge, we expected way more than that. We noticed that the trainer we hired, worked everyone to near exhaustion, no matter what shape they were in. That was the trainer we wanted and he's never let us down. I will say that over time he pushed us harder than when we started, but we've made great progress.

Jas, Dear Jas!! I'm so glad you are doing better, but I was REALLY glad you told that whacked out school, NO WAY JOSE!! Good for you! I'm proud of you for sure!!

It's nearly bedtime and I get to sleep (If I'm lucky) then have another super fun day in the office tomorrow......NOT. Then, I'll hit the gym for the 3rd night in a row. Then Friday's Sushi Night!! YAY!!

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, my husband can’t stand to watch Paula. I often droll over her food though. We have the food network on at work (no sound) so I often look up at the TV’s and call her names for the fattening but tasty looking food she’s preparing. Good for you not giving that nasty lady the machine back. We are on the downhill slide of the work week. Yay for Fridays.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! just got home from target, i spent like an hour wandering around putting things into my basket. $140 later...hahaa. got portia...got some natural frozen tart yogurt and came home. made an egg white omelet with 2% cheese, mushrooms, turkey breast and a fiber wrap. now eating my yogurt. going to wrap presents in a bit.

rod hope you have a better day at work, it sucks when it''s a downer to be there. kayak...it''s so funny that if you are 5''3" and have the same measurements as me but that you want to lose 20 lbs. sure you are shorter but the measurements you posted are not bad by any means i dont think.

skip sorry to hear you have to go to the dr and missed your class. marcy hope it gets warmer soon. i turned up the heat and put a blanket on to eat my frozen yogurt hahaha.

jas yay for saying NO to staying at that bad bad place. hope you enjoy thinking about your last day and glad to hear you are mending!

anyway time to present wrap!! nite all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s!!! Thank you everyone for your well-wishes re. my job and crazy retail/holiday hours...I''m happy to have the opportunity to make some extra moolah this season and I am really loving being in the jewelry environment and helping people find things to please their loved ones, I can''t think of a better way to spend the dark days of December. Yes, it''s unfortunate that the hours are long, but I''ll take it if it means I''m that much closer to spring by the time Christmas/New Year''s is over, LOL!

I worked from 9 to 7:30 p.m. today, and tomorrow I''ll be there from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., etc...no more days off with the exception of Mon. the 17th (ortho appt.) until after Christmas! We are closed on Christmas Day and the day after, so I can at least drive home and see my family those two days...in years past I''ve not even been able to do that because I used to have to open the store I worked for the day after Christmas at like 6 a.m. (boo!) I''m keeping my head up and thinking positive, so far so good!

I soooo wish I was spending more time working out, when I read all the posts here about workouts I am a little envious. But that''s a good thing for me, perhaps the extra motivation I need to really get in gear and at least fit in a 10-20 min. workout here and there when I am not feeling totally exhausted! Really the only issue I have with working so many hours is that my dogs start barking (translation: feet hurt) after so many hours standing, so that makes me want to come home and do nothing but elevate them and then go straight to bed. Tonight I actually did come home and take the dogs for a quick walk (4 blocks, .25 miles), and then a quick 5 minute arm workout, so hey, I don''t feel so bad!

Meals this week so far have been very healthy; I had a chopped salad for lunch with avocado, diced tomatoes, a little blue cheese, and ff balsamic I had brought to work), dinner was a panini sandwich from Corner Bakery with artichoke hearts, spinach, and some other veggies...I could be eating better, but being on the go all day I feel like I''m burning cals so fast I need to be eating even more...if only there was more time! I''m still maintaining my weight of 153, haven''t lost any more which is good since I feel like for a few weeks there I was losing too quickly and it was probably mostly muscle and/or water. Sheesh, I can''t wait until January when things slow down and I can actually figure out what my realistic goals are as far as fat loss and muscle gain. Well, whatever...as long as my clothes fit for the next two weeks I think I can worry about all those things next month!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and hey! Tomorrow is Thursday, you all are one day closer to FRIDAY!
36.gif
35.gif
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I usually spend about 2 dollars per minute that I’m in a store like Target. I am sure you had fun wandering around the store. LOL about the blanket and turning up the heat to eat yogurt. I still enjoyed some slow churned tonight even though it is so cold here.
Monnie, I think your long days of running around the store counts as some serious exercise. I am sure your clothes will fit you fine even in January. The extra money is always a nice benefit especially during the holidays. I hate to admit this but I was wondering why your dogs were barking because you were exercising. I’m quick sometimes. Tee hee.
Well, I’m off to bed at least 30 minutes early. Woo hoo! I love that I don’t have any papers to grade.
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

So the scale at the hotel was wrong, I gained more than it read. I weigh 129 this lovely morning. I know it will come off quickly now that I''m home and back to regular eating, but I just don''t like seeing that number on the scale.

I need to wrap up my observation hours for school (I have 20/100 left to go) so I''m going to work on that today, and then return to my kiddos tomorrow.

Rod, I wouldn''t have given the machine back either; how rude of her!

Marcy, glad you took it easy last night. I need to finish up my Christmas cards; I brought them to do on the plane, but forgot my address book, so I just need to figure out who I missed, address the one''s I wrote out and be done. Maybe this afternoon.

Stephanie, I''m up at 5:30, but I can''t imagine going running, it''s pitch black out. Good for you.

Have a great day all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all. We I am offically sick
40.gif
. Yesterday after my morning run, I started feeling a little icky and it progressed throughout the day. My throat started hurting, I got chills, felt achy all over, and the biggest indicator of all...I had no appetite. The only time that happens is when I'm sick. Ugh...not really what I need right before the holidays. I made myself some soup and got in the bed early after Adam got home. I'm still going to try to take Andrew to soccer, mainly because it is too expensive not to get all the practices we paid for out of it...$70/month ouch! Anyway, after that I am going to take it easy and kind of chill out the rest of the day. Hope everyone is doing well today!

Lorelei, are you still pants today?

Mrssalvo, I keep looking at your fudge recipe and thinking I'm going to make it this weekend and send most of it with Adam to work just so I can have a taste of it...sounds so good!

Kayak, I love sparkpeople...I've been doing it for about 2 years now, but seriously logging my meals and exercise since Feb. and that is when I started loosing the bulk of my weight. I agree w/ Mara. Your measurements sound good, are you sure you want to get down that low? What size clothing do you want to get down to? My waist is 27 and hips are 37 and I wear a size 6 pants and 4 or 6 dress, so you can't be that much different. I am 5'6" though, so maybe that makes a difference?

Hi, Skippy! Hehe, I didn't really think about it being to cold for a black dress...I kind of forget it's not 80 everywhere! The snow on the mountains sound so pretty! Are there good places to ski around you? Adam and I are trying to plan a family ski trip for next year around this time so Andrew can experience snow.

CJ, how many times a week are you using the trainer? I am seriously thinking about signing up for a few sessions. Adam just joined a new gym and I am going to go try it out sometime soon to see if I want to join too. All you people with trainers have gotten me motivated!

Kimi, no worries about the minimal weight gain....traveling always does that to my body and then it goes away soon after I return to my normal routine. I actually really like to go running at that time. Things are lit up pretty well around the neighborhood here and it is really a lot better than going after the sun goes up b/c reaches the 80s pretty quickly and makes it so hot. Also, I have to do that so my hubby is here w/ my son, so I have to go before he leaves for work.

Hi, Jas! 4 pounds from your goal is awesome! I wish I was that close! I've got 10-12 left to go. I agree....those kinds of situations make you take stock of your life and put everything into focus again.

Marcy, Yay for no papers to grade! I never had to experience that with Kindergarteners, but spent plenty of nights cutting out things, painting things, etc. for projects with my kids, so I can kind of relate!

Rod, I'm from Georgia, so of course I just love Paula Dean! I've kind of lost "ya'll" out of my vocab. here because people look at me like I'm an alien if I say it here, but when I'm back in Georgia, my accent comes back right away! Do you guys watch the food network a lot? I really got into it b/c I taught Alton Brown's daughter in my class one year. He was so cool and would come into our class and do cooking demonstrations...so much fun! Hope you're having a good day!

Mara, your night at Target sounds like fun...I love Target and can't ever seem to get out of there for under $50 even if I just go in for gum!

Monarch, yea for making some extra moolah! We will be thinking about you working so hard. I would really love to work for a jewelry store on day. What kind of hours do the part-timers have to work at your store? Do you have problems wanting to spend your $$ on all the lovely jewelry you see? I know I would! I agree that running around and being on your feet has to be burning the cals. As long as your eating healthy, I would not worry about working out more until after things slow down a bit.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, I used to run most afternoons in a park near an apartment I lived in, and then, before my MIL passed away I would run in her neighborhood after dinner (we ate with her 4/5 times a week). I really miss it. We live in a rural area, no streetlights or sidewalks, so running isn''t as convenient as it used to be.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Steph, oh no! Sorry to hear you are sick. I hope everyone who is under the weather (Jas, Lorelei!) has a quick recovery. It just started snowing a lot outside my window at work. In regards to the trainer, I just see her once a week. I''ve only had one official session so far. I think Rod and Charlie''s method of picking a trainer is a smart one. I wish I had consulted Rod before I signed up! Check out the trainers while you''re at the gym (
2.gif
no Steph, just because he''s young and good looking does not necessarily mean he''s a good trainer. Haha.) . Pick one that fits your idea of what a trainer should be.

Mara, in addition to the sore abs, I''m also envious that you''ve done so much holiday shopping already. I''ve done...NADA. I think I''ll start today.
32.gif

Ugh, I was doing errands for so long last night that I didn''t go to the gym. I have to go today after work. So far, I had my lowfat Stonyfield Farms yogurt for breakfast. Black coffee at work. I think I''m getting lunch with coworkers. And then an Odwalla almonds bar before the gym. Dinner will be leftover "layered heart-attack" lasagna and some brussels sprouts.

Have a good day everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I got in 30 min on the elliptical today and I''m hoping to make it to yoga the next two mornings.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Hmmm, Mara and Steph. I don¡¦t know what it is, but it¡¦s really got me thinking! Both of you are so tiny and I¡¦m¡K not. Haha. My BMI (checked twice about a month ago) was almost 30% actually¡K yikes! Although my measurements are a 28in waist there is still a lot of ¡§stuff¡¨ in my midsection. (I¡¦d upload a picture of me at the beach a couple of months ago to show you¡K but I think I¡¦ll pass! Haha) Currently I¡¦m a size 6 (although I have had to buy a size 8 in jeans) and I¡¦d like to get back into a size 3 jeans like I was at my healthy weight (118). I think difference between us has to be because of our difference in height, that has to be the only explanation right? ¡K ¡¥Cause if I looked like you ladies, I wouldn¡¦t need to loose anymore weight! You both look great! ƒº

Today, Scott is making dinner for a celebratory ¡§halfway done with law school¡¨ party. I should be fun¡K but not especially healthy. So I tried really watch what I ate for lunch (whole wheat bagel with lf cream cheese and lf black bean soup from Panera).

Monarch- Good for you to get a quick workout in even though you were tried. It¡¦s so hard getting the motivation to do something after having a loooong day. It sounds like work is running you ragged, but I¡¦m so glad that you enjoy doing it. How much fun to look at pretty jewelry all day!

Rod- that girl would have had me FUMING. I hate it when people only think about themselves and have no consideration for others.

29.gif

Steph- I can¡¦t believe you go running that early in the morning¡K I¡¦m such a grouch in the mornings, I don¡¦t think I could ever do it. I¡¦m sorry you are feeling so awful. Feel better!!!

CJ- ahhhh snow. How fun! (of course, its probably not fun when you have to drive around in it) I say, talk to your trainer about what you expect and if he doesn¡¦t improve, kick him to the curb! Haha. You are right, you are paying him a lot of money to see results he should be kicking your butt!

11.gif

Have a great day everyone!
35.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
wow, is anyone else seeing wierd caracters in my above post? That is weird, I guess it''s from trasfering it over from a word document.

Sorry everyone, I can''t edit it now either!
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends!!!! My sweet hubby and I met for lunch and I am so proud I ate half of my meal! In the past I would eat the whole thing (this place has really good sandwiches) so this time the other half is for dinner, yay!

This morning I went shopping at Target (thanks Mara) and bought my doctor and nurses some holiday gifts; I get allergy shots so I will give them to them today. I won't workout since I am getting shots today. It is so beautiful so tomorrow I will get my walk in!
35.gif

Steph, here is some info on Santa Fe; it is a beautiful and fun city if you stay in the Plaza area. Also people go up to Taos, we are going up there Sunday for fun. You lucky duck having 80 degree weather; glad you got your run in!!! Hope you feel better soon; sounds like the flu if you have the chills!

Marcy, I think Paula can be annoying but the food at her restaurant in Savannah is amazing! I have an MRI scheduled for Wed so I am hoping it comes back fine, thanks for the good wishes. How are your knees?

Mara, I went to Target today after thinking about your fun trip; actually I had to buy a few presents. heeheee

Hey Kimi and Monnie, Crown Jewel and Appletini (yay for the workout)
1.gif

Rod, thanks for the good wishes! Yay sushi for you tomorrow and a good workout today! I bought some fuji apples and they are sooo yummy; I had to tell you because they make me think of you because you are always eating one. hehee

Kayak, I did notice the weird typing; I wonder what happened. Hi!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. It is still cold and snowy. They are expecting about 3 – 5 more inches tonight / tomorrow with highs around 20. I am sure glad I can find thermal underwear that fits me now.
We tried a new frozen pizza for supper today. It had olive oil, seasonings, cheese, garlic and tomatoes. It wasn’t bad. One third of the pizza was 290 calories. We followed that up with a dish of slow churned ice cream.
Kimi, rats for coming home weighing a little bit more. No worries though; it’ll be gone in a flash. I am going to start working on my Christmas cards tonight. I hope you got yours finished today.
Steph, I am sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you get a good night’s sleep and feel better soon. I’ve cut and pasted things for my college classes too. It’s kind of fun. I used to make my students star wheels but now I have the school buy them for me to hand out. That’s strange you mentioned Alton Brown. He’s on right now. We like him; he’s funny.
CrownJewel, so you are getting snow too, huh? At least it is putting me more in the holiday spirit. I love the snow and Christmas lights.
Appletini, you are getting in a lot of good workouts. Yay.
Kayak, you sound tiny to me. I think you are doing a great job. Tell Scott congrats for being ½ way finished with law school. I did notice the weird characters. It was slow reading but I was able to decipher it.
Skippy, yay for eating only ½ of you sandwich and saving the other ½ for supper. I am sure you enjoyed meeting your DH for lunch. Good luck with your MRI next week. My right knee is bugging me today but I think it’s the cold weather. Thanks for asking.
Well, I am going to go do some stretches to warm up then actually take a stab at starting my Christmas poem.
Take care.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another ''fun'' day at work (if you believe that, I''ve got a bridge I could sell you - LOL). Charlie took a couple PTO hours and left work early for the gym, but I was still there till nearly 6:30 this evening. I truly was tempted to just bag the gym tonight, but I dragged myself there (Charlie was just leaving as I was arriving) and even though I didn''t get going until nearly 7, I did a complete and full workout. It''s really the only time I don''t have something pressing on my mind. I just go into Rod''s Workout Zone and I manage to block the outside world out, which for me is a really great thing. I was feeling so good about my unassisted chinups as I''ve been doing more and more sets, but then this big guy came along tonight and did 50 chinups in a row. I do three sets of 15 each. Which I know is pretty good for an almost 53 year old guy, but seeing this guy do 50 at one time, was really something. I thought about cutting my elliptical time, but I didn''t, so I didn''t get home till after 9:30.

Skippy, you didn''t say anything about your doctor appointment?? I hope it was actually a non-event. And I''m glad to know you think of me when you have a fuji apple. I actually just finished mine!

Steph, I''m sorry you''re not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Highs around 20 and 3 - 5 inches of snow, Marcy???? OH My.........Charlie misses snow, but I definitely DO NOT.

Kayak, there were some weird symbols in your post!! LOL

Sorry the scale lied to you Kimberly (they are evil devices you know), but I''m sure your scale at home will cooperate better soon! LOL

Monnie, I''m sure you''re burning oodles of calories running all over the store and being on your feet all day.

Thanks Mara on the work comment. It does suck when things begin to sour. This too shall pass though and either things will improve, or I''ll get laid off, or I''ll find another job!!

That does it for me tonight. Tomorrow is Shishi Day......YAY!! Sweet dreams everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, glad you had a fuji too! I thought when you were talking about your apples they were the super tart ones; now I am eating 2 a day since they are so yummy! My doctors appt was okay. The PA talked to me quick and did not agree w/stuff the PT said which I always think is weird. Medicine versus exercise. Then the doctor came in and he was super nice; I have an MRI Wed and then he will call me. If nothing shows up then I will go back to PT but I am sure they will pick who the PT will be; thanks friend! I feel good though
9.gif
Glad you got a strong workout in and have such a great love for life!

Marcy, wow, more snow. I love the snow on our moutains but I am horrible driving in it! Yay for smaller thermals! Stay warm friend
35.gif

Just a quick note; I had my allergy shots today and gave the nurses their presents. They were so cute and gave me a big huge hug; they made my day for loving what I got them!!! hehee They sure are sweet lady's!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all I had to pop in and say a big hello to everyone.

Skippy did they take an MRI of your knee???

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 10:57:04 PM
Author: Linda W
Hey all I had to pop in and say a big hello to everyone.

Skippy did they take an MRI of your knee???

Linda
Linda, they will on Wed; if it comes back clear then I need more PT. I am happy w/PT. thanks friend! How are you??? I bet you looked great at your party and I bet people were impressed w/you weight loss, yay Linda!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

My hubby can''t stand Paula Deen''s laugh. He said she cackles like a chicken. ha ha ha ha ha. Her food looks good though. A friend of mine was in Savannah last year and brought me back a signed copy of one of her cookbooks. It was signed by her and her two sons. She was lucky enough, all 3 were at her restaurant at the same time.

She said the food was out of this world and so were the desserts, she and her hubby had.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 10:59:18 PM
Author: Linda W
Marcy,

My hubby can''t stand Paula Deen''s laugh. He said she cackles like a chicken. ha ha ha ha ha. Her food looks good though. A friend of mine was in Savannah last year and brought me back a signed copy of one of her cookbooks. It was signed by her and her two sons. She was lucky enough, all 3 were at her restaurant at the same time.

She said the food was out of this world and so were the desserts, she and her hubby had.

Linda
I have eaten there a couple of times Linda! My SIL lives in Savannah. She use to have a restaurant that could hold maybe 300 people but then there were sooooo many people who want to eat there so they moved to a new location that is 3 story''s!!!! The 1st story is just merchandise and the food is out of this world. She has a buffet but the food is so rich I only could make one trip! Her mac and cheese is amazing!!! hehee
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

I hope it comes back ok, be sure to let us know.

Yes, they did notice I lost weight, since September at our reunion. YAY!!!!!! They are a wonderful group of people and we had so much fun!!! Thank you for asking.

It is sooooo cold here. 53 today and our heater was acting up. I kept the fireplace going all day. Something kept tripping it to not work properly.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

I just saw they sell her mac and cheese on QVC ha ha ha ha. The Todays Special Value is her Deep Fried Turkey.
23.gif

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!

skip, why did they do an MRI of your knee, i think i missed that...i know you have been sore but didnt realize it was more.

rod, glad to hear you had a good workout, you should be proud of doing 45 total, forget 50 at one time...what do we always say on here about comparing ourselves to others hehee. it's good to be challenged for sure but 45 total is still amazing. and my trainers always say its quality not quantity.

so i had my trainer tonite...we did back and arms a bit (i love how sculpted my back is getting) and abs! my guy trainer was really challenging me by making me do a lot of ball and balance work, like having to balance on my knees on the ball and then do arm weights. it was crazy! we did the whole pushups with feet on the ball thing but the ball wasn't simply under my shins or anything, i had to prop my feet on the ball and do the pushups. like on tiptoes. he was helping me by holding the ball but it was still really hard. and he can do them without anyone helping the ball for him. so i definitely have a ways to go but man it was still challenging to just do it with him helping me!

then i did an hour of zumba which was fun, we had some beginners tonite so it wasn't as high level as it has been in the past, he really tailors it to who's in the class that day, so when we have a bunch of the same people he will do more advanced stuff, tonite was more basic but i still got a good cardio workout.

came home and greg had eaten at work during this offsite thing, so i made a turkey burger which was 190 cals and 31g protein and put some dijon and ketchup on it, and steamed some TJ's green beans. kind of a funny and not so tasty dinner but it fit the bill and i wasn't really into eating tonite, but wanted to get the right nutrients in. so now i'm sucking on a candy cane (love these things) and then we'll watch some TV and head to bed. yay for friday tomorrow.

marcy yay for a yummy sounding pizza.
steph sorry to hear you are sick too. sounds like it's seriously going around, i'm keeping fingers crossed i can manage to not get it...right in time for xmas. haha.
CJ just make your trainer get you going and you will be sore too, whee. hehee. i am a sicko in that i like being sore.
kimi you'll get the 2 lbs off in no time as you already know.
linda, brrr it has been pretty chilly lately hasn't it. at night it's been getting to about 37ish here which is chilly for this time of year. i hope wkd is warmer.

i better do a bit more online shopping for greg while he's in the other room, he needs some new clothes and banana is having an online sale. nite all!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, tell Charlie I could send him some snow; there seems to be plenty of it around here. I’m glad you had another good work out tonight.
Skippy, I am not a fan of driving in the snow either and I really hate walking on ice. I am sure your nurses think you are pretty sweet too. It is strange how many different opinions you get from doctors, PT, PA’s. I just hope they find something that helps your knees. I was going to use one of Paula’s mac and cheese recipes for our family get together before Christmas. I am glad to hear it’s good.
Linda, my husband says the same thing about Paula. He can’t stand her laugh and says her accent is fake. I agree though; her food looks out of this world. Yay for people noticing you’ve lost weight; that is exciting. Stay warm girl.
Mara, it sounds like your trainer is really coming up with a wide variety of ways to give you some great workouts. You inspire me to try new things. Have fun shopping online. I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping this weekend.
Well, I did write my Christmas poem and printed out labels for my Christmas cards tonight. Woo hoo. I hope to get many of them done and in the mail by Sunday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning All,

I''ve sort of hit an exercise wall that I need to get past. I haven''t done anything since we got home from Chicago. It''s only two days but I''m usually itching to get back to my routine and I''m just not feeling it.

I made polenta with sausage and tomatoes last night from CL. I ate all of my salad and about 1/4 of my dinner, I wasn''t hungry at all.

I think J and I will need to go for a walk this afternoon or something to get me jump started on exercising again.

Rod, be proud of your workout!!

Mara, it sounds like your trainer is really pushing you, how fun!

Skip, take care of that knee and let us know what happens.

Linda, I''m sure you looked fantastic at your party!

Have a great day all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am minus 138 pounds this morning. And there was great excitement in Marcyland.
9.gif

Kimi, going for a walk sounds like a great and fun way to get back in to exercising. I feel like I''ve been less active this week not going to school for 2 nights and walking around the buildings. We are shopping a lot this weekend though so I''ll be out walking around.

Have a great day! It''s Friday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My body clock is totally off and I''ve been awake at 4 the last two mornings, so when I got home yesterday my intent to exercise went right out the window. I worked on school and addressed Christmas cards instead.

I''m working today, and will come home and get J to walk with me, that will at least get me moving.

Thanks for the encouragement.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy! Congratulations!!!!!

Back to work n'' lurk for me for now. I am counting down the days to Project JAS -- I will have NINE months to work on myself inside and out starting next Thursday (post court) -- very cool.

To everyone -- hey -- I''ll get back on the forum this weekend, but I have a stack of assignments to grade that''s about 8 inches tall and I want to plow through it.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Hello All, Dinner last night was wonderful! I went to the gym beforehand and did another wiegh in beofre my water aerobics class... and I lost another 2 lbs. So 4 pounds this week. I was so happy and giddy to see that after not seeing results for such a long time.

Things are super busy at work today but I just wanted to write CONGRATULATIONS to Marcy. 138 pounds is something to be increadibly proud of. What a great achievment!

I''ll try to come in and catch up with all of you later when things slow down a bit. Have a wonderful day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KQ yay for 4 lbs. that is what would happen to me too, like nothing for a while then 3-4 lbs would fall off in a week. i never really did the whole steady losing 1 lb a week thing. my body had other ideas.

happy friday all! YAY marcy for 138 lbs lost. you lost a little more than one of me. how amazing. so how close are you to your goal? is it going to be time for a new status picture collage soon? i think once you reach your goal or are close you should submit your story to people mag or something, remember i saw that article this summer.

kimi sorry to hear its hard to get back to your routine, typically i chomp at the bit to get back home and into my routine but i think also when it''s chilly out it sometimes is hard to get back into it. i know that while sometimes i really feel the itch to walk, i also am not jazzed when it''s SO cold out. i wish it was just like 5-7 degrees warmer at night and then we''d feel happier about walking at night. but hopefully we''ll get a walk in this wkd.

tonite we have to ourselves, so we might go out for dinner somewhere, then tomorrow i have zumba in the morning, and we have a late lunch thing with a friend and his son at my parents...we are picking up pizza to bring over and i am going to make choco chip cookies (which i guess i should make tonite!) for the little boy. tomorrow night we might go back to xmas in the park with my sister this time, we''ll see. it''s very crowded on the wkds but it''s fun too. then sunday greg has a church xmas concert thing he''s playing that my family is going to along with our neighbors and myself. and then we have dinner with our neighbors that night, her parents are visiting from slovakia so it''s very exciting for them to see their new grandson and we''re excited to meet them. her dad is a chef so hopefully he makes sometimes tasty hehee.

then next week is my last work week before i have some time off, yay!! i have a lot of meetings and we have some group lunches so it will be very busy but fun i think as the last week before holiday always is. happy friday all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results