shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Dec till 16th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Bah - starting off the new week with Husband's filthy cold, so I feel like pants! Oh well...I will be stocking up on Nyquil.

I was trying on an outfit recently I hadn't worn in a while, I was fretting that it wasn't fitting quite as loosly as I felt I deserved it to, but after pondering for a few moments, I realised, that while on any journey, it is so important to turn around and admire the view sometimes! There I was actually looking rather nice in this outfit, that I could NEVER have worn before I embarked on this way of life. I needed to be proud and grateful of what I had achieved, not fussing that I could have done better. Perhaps I could, but equally I had done darn well and I needed to be happy for that!

So when you are feeling a bit down and that you haven't achieved as much as you would have liked, think back to how far you have come. This will put things into perspective and you will see the results of your hard work more easily. If anyone had told me I could quit smoking and still continue to lose weight and improve my shape a couple of years ago, I never would have thought it possible. So just take a moment to think back to how things were, and you will see just how well you have done!

Don't forget to have fun and some goodies now the Holiday season is here, I shall continue to pick my splurges and have what I want to eat for the 3 main days of Christmas.

Have a great week!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
OK I am psyched, and motivated. The surgery rotation is behind me, and now I can reestablished. Packed a lunch today. WHEEE! First time in forever because I hate hospital food. Looks too much like what the patients are eating. Some crackers and a tuna salad. Should be good for the day.

Happy monday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2007 6:15:04 AM
Author: allycat0303
OK I am psyched, and motivated. The surgery rotation is behind me, and now I can reestablished. Packed a lunch today. WHEEE! First time in forever because I hate hospital food. Looks too much like what the patients are eating. Some crackers and a tuna salad. Should be good for the day.

Happy monday!
WTG Ally!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week to my fellow WWTers.

Lorelei, you are so wise; it is far better to reflect on how far we''ve come and not stew about the things we think should be better. No one else probably even notices. You have done an amazing job both quitting smoking and continuing to eat healthy and working out. I am sure you look divine in your outfit.

I fully intend to enjoy some extra treats on the holidays and while I won''t be happy with the few pounds I put on for it; I know they will come back off and I will continue on my journey tomorrow and the next day and the next day.

Ally, yay for being back on a less hectic schedule. Enjoy your packed lunch. I am sure it''s better than hospital food. It never looks that good to me either.

Have a great day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, sorry to hear you are getting a cold. I hope you get rid of it soon.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 9:20:10 AM
Author: marcyc
Lorelei, sorry to hear you are getting a cold. I hope you get rid of it soon.
Me too. I just dropped in before the thread got crazy and saw you''re not feeling good. Get better miss!

And if I''ve missed other things (which I''m sure I have) I apologize in advance, but I don''t read in here anymore for the most part, just too much to keep up with.

*hands Lorelei a hankee*

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei: I''m so sorry that you are sick! I guess it''s the time of the year. Thank you for such a wonderful opener. I needed that!
1.gif
It''s so great to think that while I might not be loosing weight or inches right now, I am in terrific shape. I have never ran as far as I do now. And I haven''t worked out this much (or close to this much) since I was a cheerleader in high school. So looking at myself and my hard work in that light makes me feel great about what I''m doing.

AllyCat: Yea that your rotation is over! I''m sure you are happy to be on a schedual that is a bit more normal

Macy: I agree on not stopping yourself from eating what you want. That’s no way to live life! I figure that the calories that I gain are nothing in comparison to the satisfaction that I get for treating myself to something yummy! You only live once, right?

The Nutcracker with my mother was wonderful. I love getting to spend one-on-one time with her. Seeing the Nutcracker always gets me in the Christmas spirit. Scott''s last exam is today. We have invited one of our friends over for dinner to celebrate. So no gym for me today! I''ll get back on it tomorrow. I''ve been going 4 times a week now and I really like that scheduling. I''m really feeling energized and motivated.

Have a great day everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just had my Maintain Don''t Gain mid-point weigh-in and it was better than expected. Lately I feel like for everything good healthy choice I make there is a bad one to follow it. Anyway my weight went from 126 to 124...and I had thought that I was stuck at 125 for the last few years...so that was great and my bodyfat went from 19% to 18%.

However I didnt make any yoga classes this weekend, so I don''t think I''ll have another chance to go until Friday morning, but I will be walking on the treadmill or doing the elliptical this Tues and Thurs during lunch.

Lorelei, Get well soon and have some chicken noodle soup.

Alley, Congrats on finishing your rotation. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree wholeheartedly with what you said miss lorelei! it's important for us to remember we gotta work with what we have right?? gosh even at my smallest, there were still things i wanted to 'fix'. so really when are we happy unless we make ourselves be happy and realize how far we have come.

on a funny note, i was watching barbara walters top 10 most interesting people of 2007 last nite...mostly because i was curious about the posh and becks portion of the show. we hear so much about them and i see all the pictures but i have really never seen an interview with either of them or heard them speak necessarily. also greg and i always point out how in every shot, victoria never smiles for the camera or really ever it looks like. so it was really interesting, they seem actually quite down to earth and who knew it but becks voice is actually not quite as manly and deep as i would have expected with his amazing looks. and she was pretty funny...barbara asked why she never looked happy or smiled in pictures and she was like 'i don't know!'..it was so funny. and she laughed and joked around as well. so it was really an interesting portion of the show.

but the most interesting thing to me is that barbara mentioned her weight and said she is teeny tiny and asked her how she eats. and she said she eats quite healthy and has never been into junk food. and babs asked if she ever has a cookie or a piece of cake and she said quite simply... "no".
23.gif
i was like wow..really. it got me to thinking. NEVER? seriously. on one hand that feels like serious deprivation. and on the other hand i kind of think wow how liberating. never to worry that you are going to get derailed and eat unhealthily the next time a donut box pops up in your office. or someone has a bday. or the thick crust pizza loaded with meats arrives at the office. gosh how tempting.

which made me start thinking about this again, but i have been tempted to look into the whole hypnosis thing...not for weight loss or anything, but to have someone try to maybe correct my sweet tooth. i think all the time about how great it would be to never want anything sweet!!! and/or to have a bite of a cookie and be like oh thats so sweet, that's enough. i don't have that gene! i have the 'oh that was so sweet, lets have 3 more' gene..thanks to my mom hehe. so anyway...kind of interesting. not sure if i'll do anything with the hypnosis thing but i have read that it works for a lot of people if you are open to the suggestion, so it's a tempting idea.

anyhow, no workout yesterday, i wanted us to go for a long walk but it was just too busy during the day and too chilly at night. have my trainer today after work. hope everyone is enjoying a decent monday, wah! is it christmas holiday yet??? feel better lorelei, colds are icky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the well wishes and thanky for the hanky El! I am getting through them thats for sure.
15.gif

Yuck - I really feel ' pants', coughing and spluttering. I haven't had a cold in a while, but I could really do without it this week. We have an evening out and also there are things I want to get done, such as going through all my kitchen cupboards and cleaning them, the sort of pre Christmas big clean up!

One consolation, I have a new Phillipa Gregory book so I can curl up in front of the fire with that. I don't think I will be working out later.

Mara you are so right, it is up to us to be happy about the results we have achieved and sometimes it takes an effort to remember just how far we have come. I don't notice it so much myself, but people who haven't seen me for a while say I have changed a huge amount. I guess we are often our own harshest critics! I was so fussing about the fit of the skirt, then I stepped back from the mirror and was really pleased with what I saw, despite the fact the skirt didn't quite feel the way I wanted it to!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I think everyone has a "food" weakness. Even if VB doesn''t eat cookies or cake, maybe she is a potato chip fiend and has to work hard to control that.

I''m definitely not a sweets person. I can easily have just one bite of a cookie or none at all. But put a bag of potato chips in front of me and I will want to eat the whole bag. It is hard to control myself around potato chips. And I have to stop adding salt to everything. I got yelled at by my coworker for adding salt to candied yams. I was like "but they''re so sweet! I need to balance it out."

Allycat, congrats on finishing the surgery rotation. What''s next?

This morning I had a yogurt smoothie for breakfast and then coffee and a turkey breast sandwich for lunch. So far so good. Happy new week to everyone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great opening Lorelei! We do need to stop and think about how far we''ve come and not just how much futher we have to go! I tried to remember that today as I was trying on some cocktail dresses for a formal event I have coming up. This time last year I would not have even looked twice at the kind of dresses I was trying on today, so that is a good feeling! Sorry you are getting sick...feel better!

Ally, sounds like a good start to the day with your tuna salad!

Marcy, I''m with you....I am planning on indulging in some Christmas treats (already have), but I am going to be selective and only eat the things that I really, really enjoy.

Kayak, glad you had fun with your mom at the Nutcracker! Have fun at your dinner!

Apple, great job on the weight and bf loss!

Mara, if I lived closer, I would be right there with you with the whole hypnosis thing....I need something to help me stop my sweets addiction!

CJ, your smoothie sounds yummy. Yay for a good eating day.

I have done okay today. I ate oatmeal for breakfast, and a kids meal cheese quesidilla that was only 200 or so cals, and dinner is parmesean crusted tilapia from whole foods with rice and green beans.

Everyone have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon all! Lorelei we are getting lots of rain now and maybe snow tonight. Well I am focusing on eating healthy; I made some soups last night for the week. I made a veggie soup and a black bean soup and freeze them as I need them I pull them out.

I can't believe it is already Dec 10th!!! Time is flying, wheee! Tomorrow I am going to Muscle hour; yay. I am not in the mood to workout at the gym today (I know bad excuse). hehee
2.gif

Mara, I knew someone who did what you want to do it and you have to keep going. It will be interesting what you think if you do it. Great pic of you and Greg!

Steph, it will be fun to see what you get.

Lorelei, hope you feel better soon. Last week I took thera flu and the helped me.

Ally, yay for a healthy week and being motivated!

Marcy, wow, are you still getting snow; I loved the pics!!!

Hey Ellen, I wish you would stop in more.

Kayak, Glad you had a wonderful time w/your sweet mom! I love the Nutcracker and best wishes to your guy today on his exam!

Appletini, great job.

Crown, I saw your dress in the BBW and it looks beautiful!!! I wish I wasn't a sweets person. I got the craving for chocolate and we had none in the house so I found a weight watcher treat in the very back of the freezer and had to have it. hehee

Rod and Mrs. Salvo, I guess no more DHW
8.gif

Mrs. Salvo, I saw a pic of you a few days back ago and I meant to say you look great and tiny!!!

Rod, bad boy telling me about your great weather!! My neighbors have a house on Ana Maria island and they love to go out there; it sounds like a dream!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy! I am very excited about my dress. However, I have a lot of toning to do. I hope to lose 10lbs by next June (my first fitting). I am going back to the gym tonight and then have a training session tomorrow (can''t wait!).

And I also make mass quantities of a dish each weekend so we can freeze and eat as we need throughout the week. The only thing we cook during the week is a veggie (usually sauteed or roasted) side dish. So we have about 12 more pieces of lasagna to eat over this week.

Ok, home to change and then to the gym! It''s going to be crowded. Yuck.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great opener Lorelei. I know I'll never be what I'd like to be, but just tonight, I was changing and say my torso in the mirror and thought......wow, not bad and that makes it all worthwhile. Thanks again and I hope you don't get very sick. And if you do, know all your friends here are sending warm thoughts your way!

Hey Ally, glad your rotation is over and you regain some semblance of normalcy (if that even exists?) in your life!!

Hey there Ellen.......I hope you are doing well these days!

Marcy, If you gain weight during the holiday's, you've sure got a great attitude about it!!

Mara, I didn't see the BW special, but we did see an interview with VB when she was househunting and she was pretty funny. You may find this odd coming from "Rod won't have a slice of Pizza," but I wouldn't recommend you try to use hypnosis to rid your sweet tooth. I mean look at you and Greg (nice picture btw!). You guys are both so healthy and you just couldn't lose any more weight, so let yourself indulge once in a while and it will continue to give you good reason to be active and stay fit. Just my humble .02 worth........

Skippy, rain and snow?? Oh my. Love your new avatar. Now, I can smile everytime I see a post from you! I guess there won't be anymore DHW for some time. At least not until the writer's strike is over, which doesn't seem to have an end in sight. Enjoy your muscle hour tomorrow! Anna Maria island is just about an hour from Tampa and is very beautiful. Some friends were telling us about an incredible restaurant there on the water that we will definitely be trying at some point.

It was a nother super long day, but at least not too stressful. Charlie took the day off, but met me for lunch, then he went the gym and we met after 6 for sushi, frozen yogurt and since the evening was just nice and balmy, we sat under the oak and had coffee at Sbucks. I was still hungry when we got home, so I had a Fuji apple as an added treat.

That's about all I can think of, so have a great day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a long evening and want to get to bed a little early so this will be quick and not proof read. Tonight was my final night for my online class so I suggested we stop for supper on the way home (to save me time). Of course they were slow at the restaurant. Then we got home and I put the other ½ of my steak in the refrigerator and found a club soda (in glass) had blown up on the top shelf. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning that mess up. Then I had 25 papers to grade many of which were in docx format that I can’t open so I looked around for 45 minutes online trying to figure out how to grade those papers. Oh well, I got to watch the Snoopy Christmas special so that brightened my evening. Yay for Snoopy to cheer me up.
Kayak, that is wonderful you are in the best shape of your life. I like what I see looking back in the mirror and need to focus on that positive image not what I want to see in the mirror. That is right, we only live once so we deserve some treats now and then. I am glad the Nutcracker was wonderful. I hope Scott aced his test.
Appletini, woo hoo for dropping weight and body fat. That is always a welcome bit of news.
Mara, maybe that’s why posh never smiles; she can’t reflect back on a wonderful treat she ate someday. Tee hee. You are so right it is important for us to focus on how far we come; I don’t think any of us will ever think we are perfect or that there is no room for improvement.
Lorelei, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Curling up with a good book sounds like a great idea for you.
CrownJewel, I have grown fond of baked lays for a salty snack. My husband likes salty food and he likes them too. I have the sweet tooth at our house. No worries; you’ll loose 10 pounds by June and be smashing in your dress.
Steph, it is fun to try on new style clothing. I am sure you looked great in those cocktail dresses. That is a good way to approach the holidays, enjoy a few treats but make sure they are something you really enjoy.
Skippy, it sounds like soup will be great to dine on in the cold weather. We are getting about 3 more inches of snow tomorrow. I’m glad you liked my pictures. I hope your knee feels better today.
Rod, I am nodding my head in agreement with your comment about “not bad” when you see yourself in a mirror. I was thinking the same thing today when I saw myself in the mirror. All this hard work pays off. I am glad to hear your day wasn’t stressful.
Well, I must get to bed. Take care and have a healthy day tomorrow.
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

Date: 12/11/2007 12:48:04 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone. I had a long evening and want to get to bed a little early so this will be quick and not proof read. Tonight was my final night for my online class so I suggested we stop for supper on the way home (to save me time). Of course they were slow at the restaurant. Then we got home and I put the other ½ of my steak in the refrigerator and found a club soda (in glass) had blown up on the top shelf. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning that mess up. Then I had 25 papers to grade many of which were in docx format that I can’t open so I looked around for 45 minutes online trying to figure out how to grade those papers. Oh well, I got to watch the Snoopy Christmas special so that brightened my evening. Yay for Snoopy to cheer me up.
Kayak, that is wonderful you are in the best shape of your life. I like what I see looking back in the mirror and need to focus on that positive image not what I want to see in the mirror. That is right, we only live once so we deserve some treats now and then. I am glad the Nutcracker was wonderful. I hope Scott aced his test.
Appletini, woo hoo for dropping weight and body fat. That is always a welcome bit of news.
Mara, maybe that’s why posh never smiles; she can’t reflect back on a wonderful treat she ate someday. Tee hee. You are so right it is important for us to focus on how far we come; I don’t think any of us will ever think we are perfect or that there is no room for improvement.
Lorelei, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Curling up with a good book sounds like a great idea for you.
CrownJewel, I have grown fond of baked lays for a salty snack. My husband likes salty food and he likes them too. I have the sweet tooth at our house. No worries; you’ll loose 10 pounds by June and be smashing in your dress.
Steph, it is fun to try on new style clothing. I am sure you looked great in those cocktail dresses. That is a good way to approach the holidays, enjoy a few treats but make sure they are something you really enjoy.
Skippy, it sounds like soup will be great to dine on in the cold weather. We are getting about 3 more inches of snow tomorrow. I’m glad you liked my pictures. I hope your knee feels better today.
Rod, I am nodding my head in agreement with your comment about “not bad” when you see yourself in a mirror. I was thinking the same thing today when I saw myself in the mirror. All this hard work pays off. I am glad to hear your day wasn’t stressful.
Well, I must get to bed. Take care and have a healthy day tomorrow.
35.gif
LOL, Marcy!!! You''re probably right
9.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Catching up after a long weekend away from my computer. After last week at work, I just couldn''t bring myself to touch my computer this weekend. It''s not often I get stressed by my job, but this last month has really been a busy one. The only "positive" thing is that my appetitie is virtually nil right now.

I have officially hit the 9 lbs lost mark since early Oct. It''s been slow but steady so no complaints. I cannot say enough good things about tracking cals on sparkpeople...that really got me over the plateau. I am starting marathon training Jan. 5, so that should combat any gain potential if I stay on tracking with eating. I signed up to train with a group of more competitive runners and am hoping that might help me push to get a better time and learn some new training techniques....we shall see.

Today I had a boca breakfast wrap, bowl of tomato soup for lunch with a piece of sourdough baguette, half a veggie burrito for dinner, cottage cheese for a snack, and these FAB dark chocolate dipped pretzels rods for a snack. I made the pretzels myself and basically one dipped rod is a half of a regular pretzel rod and only an inch is dipped in chocolate so they aren''t that bad and i get my chocolate fix eating 2 of them. My sister and I also made PB and hershey kiss cookies and rice crispie treats, but those are in lockdown at her house. so if i want one, i have to walk down the street to get it. hehehehe!

Skippy: how''s your knee?
Alley: Good job on packing lunch....that''s half the battle!
LL: Super post for the week....as usual
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! just a quick check in before bed. had a good day...workout with the trainer, we did cardio speed ladder and circuits and A WHOLE LOT OF ABS. i swear i am surprised i can even sit up. but it was a good pain. i know i will be sore tomorrow. and now i am really starting to visually see the difference in my abs and core. love how it looks much better!! eating was good today as well, quite light actually. egg whites and fiber tortilla for breakkie. fiber fruit strip for snack. rosemary grilled chick breast from whole foods with steamed veggies for lunch, mandarin orange for ''dessert''/snack. luna bar for late afternoon snack. then dinner was TJ''s pizzas, mine was garlic portabello mushroom. dessert was 1/2 a candy cane i shared with greg. got our christmas photo cards ordered on shutterfly and they even direct mail them to my recipients, LOVE IT. now i can just concentrate on wrapping gifties.

anyhow, sounds like everyone is doing quite well, yay for our little group. rod i hear ya on the hypnosis thing, i think too sometimes that i don''t need to be any ''better'' than i am being now because it seems to be working for me overall...but you know how it is hard to be ''satisfied'' if you feel you can do better. lol marcy re: posh. she laughed a lot in this interview but yeah i was kind of like ''wow no sweets, ever.'' tdiddy, yay for 9 lbs, slow yet sure is the way to go. lorelei hope you feel better!!!

nite all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWtr''s, sorry I was MIA last week, been very busy and tired after work these days! Holiday season in the jewelry business is sort of hard work only you don''t realize it until you get in your car to drive home, LOL!

Mara, I agree with Rod, I don''t feel it''s in your best interests to do hypnosis to try to get rid of your sweet tooth. We all have our weaknesses, mine is pizza, yours is sweets, my DH''s is sweets for sure...my mom''s and Britney Spears''s is Cheetos, etc. LOL! Honestly, I would not be so sure of letting someone "mess" with my head just so I might get rid of a craving, ya know? Obviously it''s your body and mind and you will do what you feel works best for you, but I know that you are a very strong-willed person who, when she puts her mind to it, does just fine on her own overcoming issues.

Lorelei, you are so right as usual: we really have to remember at times when we are feeling negative thoughts creeping up, that we''ve come far in our fitness and health journey, and although we may not have perfected ourselves, the idea that there is room for improvement shouldn''t be considered a negative. Thanks again for a great opening and thought-provoker! Get well quickly if you are still not feeling well!

Hi Allycat, glad to see you back here! Hello, Kayak, Appletini, Marcy, Ellen, CJ, Steph, Rod, Skippy and Tdiddy...I always enjoy reading all of your posts and sorry I am not spending more time responding to them. Please forgive me but know that I love reading about your workout lives and otherwise!

It''s late and I need to get some rest before embarking on my next couple weeks of work without a day off until Christmas! Take care, everyone, I hope to keep checking in here but if I don''t, please don''t worry about me...I''m doing fine and maintaining health and fitness!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, we understand and will be thinking of you!!! Check in tho'' if you get the chance as we will miss you!!!
emrose.gif
It will be so pants not seeing your posts!!
39.gif

Thanks all for the good wishes and warm thoughts, I feel rubbish, but now I have some Dayquil or whatever it''s called, I hope to get through today easier.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Skippy...did you guys get snow? How''s your knee?

CJ, your lasagna sounds good...I might have to make some this week.

Rod, glad you enjoyed your evening out....isn''t the weather here fab?

Marcy, oh no about the club soda....what a pain to clean up! Yay for Snoopy:) Haha about the Posh thing....I wouldn''t smile either if I never ate!

Tiddy, congrats on 9 lbs....that is awesome!

Mara, I agree with Rod on you losing more weight.....who wants to look like Victoria Beckham? Ew. Not me, I''ll take my curves over her skeleton body anyday. Oh and we order photo cards from Shutterfly every year. I ordered them on Sat. and they got here last night and look so cute! We used our beach pics. What pic did you guys use?

Monarch, we will be thinking about you and those long hours

Today should be fun. Adam has the day off, so he''s going to soccer with us and Andrew is so excited to show off his skills to his daddy. Then we are all going out for lunch somewhere, so that should be fun. I will prob. also get some Christmas shopping done while he is here to watch the munchkin. Anyway, everyone have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!
35.gif
We didn't get snow; I am kind of glad because we just got rain. I hate unsafe driving conditions. It is very cold though.
Tonight is muscle hour; the knee is better, thanks Steph, Marcy, Tdiddy and others for asking
2.gif

Crown you can tone by June; yay, go girl! I think you already look great!

Tdiddy, sorry work is stressful; I hope it slows down soon! YAY for 9lb total loss since Oct!!!! Great job!!! hehee I like how you have the treats on lock down at your sis's house, good thinking!

Rod, thank you friend!
emrose.gif
Glad your day wasn't too stressful; hope today is the same and you have an upber workout!!

Marcy, yay for winter break; I loved that feeling when school was out!! Oh no for having to clean up, dang. I watched the Snoopy show too
face23.gif
Snoopy's brother made me think of the tumble weeds we have here. heeeheeeee

Mara, whoo hoo for the superwoman workout and abs!!

Monnie good to see ya! You need to read T is for Tresspass . . . sooooo good!

Lorelei, hope you feel better soon.

Hey Steph, have fun shopping and finding a dress! When is this party. I have 2 party's this weekend and they are at my hubby's bosses house and all the VP's will be there. I have no clue what to wear since the invite does not specify dress
14.gif
I ordered my pics from Costco and for 50 they are only $15

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks steph, monnie, rod re the hypnosis. it wouldn't really be about losing weight as much as it would be about not really WORRYING about eating at all. it would be so easy if i just knew that i wouldn't be derailed. but yeah i totally agree with letting someone mess with your mind, that is a huge downfall for me...like i think why would i go into a room for an hour and let someone tweak my head? who knows what else they could suggest or program in. plus i have read you have to be mentally open to it or else it won't work. who knows what THAT means. hahhaa. so yeah probably won't do it but have read of celebs having some success with it and thought interesting. i'd love to always be excited to work out and never want to eat sweets. lol! then i guess i'd seem weirder than i do already because that's obviously not 'normal' hahaa!

steph here is a picture of our christmas card attached. oh and i'm glad you mentioned they came so fast as their estimated arrival to me was like a week and a half from now...which seemed so long. i was kind of bummed because i just wanted to do the 4x8 photo card paper thing and have them mail them but they make you do the full on card (opening regular greeting card) to get the mailing service, so of course it's more expensive and it just seems like a waste of extra card paper but oh well. so i ordered 30 of the they-mail-them-for-you cards and then a set of 12 of the 4x8 photo cards with the same pictures, just no inside greeting (its on the front), just sent to the house here for local people and anyone i forgot.

it's funny because we don't have kids yet so i feel kind of funny sending out a collage card, but then realized that our remote family members probably love seeing pictures of us and i put a picture of one of our trees, and portia etc.

anyhow, my abs are SORE this morning, yay! 8 pack here i come. egg whites, 2% cheese, high fiber wrap, coffee for breakkie. tonite greg wants to go to this christmas in the park thing we have here in california, it's got fake snow and everything, it's this little park that they build out with trains and automated displays and stuff, and they sell crappy food and churros and hot mexican chocolate and you go and walk around and look at everything. we go every year, though we accidentally missed like 2 years ago, and so he was saying we should go tonite as it'd be less crowded during a workweek and we can walk there (it's a mile away). so we will probably do that and then get dinner or maybe eat some crappy hot dogs (yum) out there. i will hit up the gym after work for just a 30 minute cardio session. not sure if i posted this here but i am trying to cut back on working out a bit and giving my body more of a rest in between. cardio today will be okay, tomorrow is a day off and then by thurs, my legs and arms should be okay to be worked out quite hard with the trainer.

one comment about bulking up, i kind of felt like i was getting a little bulky one week (silly i know, suddenly i'm bulky? i dont think so), but i thought maybe it was because i wasn't watching my eating as much, so while i wasn't gaining weight or anything, i felt like my body was taking those calories and letting them go to fat to rest on top of my muscle..which is one way you can get too bulky. so i thought okay let me back off a bit on the workouts and eat a little better and see how that works and i feel pretty good right now. so we'll stick with that for a while. i know it's holiday season and yes i do splurge but i figure on the days i CAN make the right choices, i do, and then the bad ones won't be so often right?!

anyhow, hope everyone is having a fab day. it's chilly here for us...brrrr!!! at least the sun is coming out.

vpy%3d0.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tank you skippers

misery.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I typed a long post and then lost it and I need to get in the shower, we''re meeting DeeJay for breakfast. Food has been great, with the exception of one restaurant. The waiter must have thought I wanted to eat for 5 days. It was really unappealing.

Skip, we''ve been to Second City to see Between Barack and a Hard Place, The Goodman to see A Christmas Carol and tonight we''re seeing Phantom at the Cadillac.

Steph, enjoy Adam''s day home. Rod, keep on truckin'' at work, I know it''s hard. Mara, great picture!

Take care all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how odd..picture didn't work, i think it was because of the file name so here it is again. hehe you guys can tell i really like that picture i posted last week of us, i'm like yay a picture we can use on a card!

mara xmas card 07.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great pic Mara and Portia looks adorable as usual!!
face23.gif

Question - what are churros and mexican hot chocolate please?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 10:31:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

tank you skippers
of course my sweet friend! It is no fun
14.gif
I hate them in general.

Churros like chewy moist cinnamon donuts!
18.gif
Mara, I passed on one Sunday; now you are making me want one again
11.gif
Great pic! I love it Mara!

Kimi, wow, that is a lot of shows!!! Yay!! Dee and Kimi, have fun!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i love that pic of portia, it's 2 years old but no one has really seen it hehee.

churros are basically long tubes of fried dough ,they squeeze them out of this tube thing into the hot oil and fry them, and then roll the finished product in cinnamon sugar. it's SO GOOD and they are so bad. if made right they are warm and crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside. i only eat them at the holidays when we go to xmas in the park. and mexican hot chocolate is like regular hot chocolate but with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and something else...cayenne maybe? some places make it with heavy cream, but other places just use milk. there's a mexican hot chocolate (as in actual chocolate blocks) you can buy at the store and then you just melt them in hot milk...it's the 'easy way'. but some coffee places make them with heavy cream and espresso too. we just get the chintzy version at the xmas in the park, it's all they have room for as all the stands are outside. YUMMY!!!!

skip, just think the one you passed on was probably stale and cold. there's nothing worse than a cold stale churro! i won't even finish it then. hehee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results