shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Dec till 16th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, love the pics...we did a collage too. I almost chose that same card, but decided on this one....

ccpic2007.jpg.jpeg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I think a little black dress always works
1.gif
. Good luck fining something cute...there are a lot of options out there right now. Let me know what you find!

Kimi, have fun with DeeJay!

Everyone else, have a wonderful day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 11:02:55 AM
Author: steph72276
Mara, love the pics...we did a collage too. I almost chose that same card, but decided on this one....
ahh, super cute!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked 30 min on the treadmill today. Although I some sad news...my TBT class instructor is leaving, its a great opportunity for him, another company is building a fitness facility so he is going to help design it and be the manager.

They had some christmas goodies in the cafeteria, but I only got one cookie.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skip, we do/did have a lot of shows planned. I LOVE going to plays, it''s one of my favorite things.

We have done so much walking these past few days. Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens for the Winterland Express display and today we did some shopping. I bought a new sweater and a plain band that I can wear in place of my e-ring while at work (one of the kidlets cut his lip on my ring the other day and I felt terrible, so it was a good excuse to buy a new piece of jewelry).

We''ve only had one not so great meal. This place served heaping amounts of food, my plate was designed to serve 5, I kid you not. It was really unappealing. Otherwise eating has been quite the treat. We''ve gone back to our favorite restaurant, Everest, but otherwise we''ve tried new places. Lots of fun.

The scale says I''ve gained .4 lbs since getting here, but it''s off to begin with so we''ll see.

Have a great rest of your day all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute collage steph!! i really do like the collage options....i''m a sucker for checking out people''s pictures.

kim have a great rest of the trip, sounds like you are having a blast, mmm food.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph and mara, your Christmas cards look great. I am so behind this year. I was planning on doing our annual picture last weekend but both kids still have scars on their faces from the chicken pox so i''m waiting until they heal up a bit more. I''m hoping we can do it this weekend, they have the cutest black and cream dresses to wear for the pic.

for those of you who asked about the peanut butter fudge recipe, i posted it

here
i felt too guilty posting it in this thread...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday all! Breakfast with Kimi and her husband was definitely the high point of my day! (Walking around in the rain trying to find an alternate Christmas present for my niece was NOT the high point of my day... )

Foodwise I've been OK but workout wise I'm pants. No one to blame but myself so I won't lament here.

Have to go now and sew Brother Oscar's bed back together AGAIN. He keeps chewing holes in it when he's left alone. I can't tell if he's bored, angry, some other emotion, or just trying to get to the cedar in the inner part of the bed because he thinks it will taste good. Oh well, since both my mother and grandmother were professional seamstresses at least I can wield a needle!

ETA: Kimi, where did you get your band from?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!!

Tough day at work, but I''m getting used to it. I didn''t leave till well after 6 PM and I got in at 8 this morning. Oh well, it just seems the way things will be for a while. I have to remember that I am lucky to have a decent job. There are so many who don''t. But I left work and went straight to the gym and even though I didn''t get going until later, I did not cut my workout short in any way. I was actually almost dreading going as it was late, but I''m so glad I did!

Steph and Mara, love your collage holiday cards!! The Warner family is stunning and so is the Greg, Mara and Portia family!

Oh yes, Steph, the weather is unbelievable. Perhaps a touch too warm for December, but spectacular none-the-less!!

Lorelei, I hope you were feeling better today and even better tomorrow.

Skippy, I''m glad you didn''t get snow, since you were planning to be out and about. I hope Muscle Hour was good!

Kimberly, sounds like a great time in Chicago. I hope breakfast with DeeJay and Bill was fun!! Our dinner with them was a lot of fun for sure! I know what you mean about mega helpings in restaurants. There was a time when Rod would have loved that. Now, it just nauseates and depresses me to realize I once could have single handedly eaten enough to feed a normal family. Yuck......

Monnie, glad to hear from you and I would imagine you won''t have much life until Christmas is over. Retail during the holiday''s is tough. I once worked retail in high-end audio equipment in Washington D.C., and not only did we not get any time off during the holidays, but Washington''s Birthday was our only sale of the year and we had to work over 30 days
without a single day off. It''s what keeps me from considering retail again to be honest. Anyway, hope you do well and make it through the holidays in one piece!!

tdiddy - YAY FOR 9 POUNDS!!! You go!!

Appletini - Sorry for the news of losing your TBT instructor. I hope they find a really good replacement. It''s tough to lose someone on the fitness side that you really get something from. We felt a tremendous loss when we went to Raleigh and had to leave our trainer, so I can understand how you feel.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo, can you just photoshop out the chickenpox marks? I went to a birthday party for a one year old, who had a 3 year old sister and a 5 year old sister. All three had chocolate cake, which...ended up all over their faces. I took pictures of all the kids and when I looked at them on the computer later on, I realized the chocolate faces were not cute. They just looked terribly dirty. And their clothes were all dirty too. But I was able to photoshop their faces and clothes (and I''m no expert). No one could tell!!!! Maybe your photographer can do it?

Kimberly, hooray for walking a lot!

Mara and Steph, your holiday cards are awesome. So cheery! And you both look great.

Lorelei, how are you feeling? I hope you are getting lots of rest and vitamin C and hot tea!

Skippy how did muscle hour go? How are the driving conditions?

appletini, maybe your new TBT instructor will be even MORE awesome?

I had my personal training session today. Total disappointment! A coworker recommended her, and I''ve trained with her twice before, unofficially (complimentary sessions). She was super nice and made a big point out of the fact that she likes to give clients more than just 1 hour. She also said she felt badly that she was so easy on me the first time. Our session was at 6pm, and she told me she does not have a 7pm client. So I did 10 minutes cardio beforehand, just to get my heart going before meeting with her. At 5:59 I went to the trainer''s area, and waited for her for about 4 minutes. Then I asked one of the trainers there if TrainerJ was around. He said no, but she''ll be in soon. So I said, "ok when she comes in, can you tell her I''m in the back on the elliptical?" He said, "sure!" At 6:20pm, she came by and said "oh that''s where you''re hiding!" Anyway, we did about 20 minutes of mat work on isolating my core. Yawn. Then 30 minutes of squats, jump/squat combos on the step, baby pushups, and then triceps pulldowns. Then 10 minutes going over my food diary and setting up my next session. So I barely got my hour. Does anyone else think that sounds like NOTHING for a 1 hour training session? I guess I should have said to her, "that''s it?!" As we were setting up our next session, I asked her, "is 6pm too early for you? Because I don''t mind coming in later, as long as we can start on time. I came in at 6 and waited for you, so maybe 6pm is too early?" She said, "no 6 is not too early. The train was just running late today."

I stayed another 40 minutes to do strength training. I feel like I did more on my own than with her.
7.gif

Hopefully she will call to check on me tomorrow, and I will tell her that I felt like I didn''t get enough out of our session.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m heading to bed, but had to comment about your training session CJ. No, you didn''t get your money''s worth and you should have felt utterly and completely exhausted after your session and the fact that you continued working out for 40 minutes afterwards says she didn''t push you hard enough at all. If you''re going to continue with her, I highly recommend you tell her you were a bit disappointed and expected to be pushed much harder. Remember, your the boss and you''re paying for a service and you should get what you paid for. When we have a training session it lasts a full hour and as much as we work out, when our hour is up, we can barely walk to the locker room.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of us from work went shopping tonight to get some gifts for a local group that gives gifts to children of needy families. We picked 2 names and I was so sad one of them had some games listed that we couldn’t find so we only bought him clothing. The other one we bought some toys and some clothes that was on their list. It was kind of fun. We each put in about $18 to buy the gifts.
Tdiddy, sorry work hasn’t been so good for you lately. Congratulations for loosing 9 pounds. That is awesome! The cookies sound great; they are much safer being at your sister’s house. I always take my Christmas cookies over to my parent’s house and leave them in their freezer.
Mara, it sounds like you had quite a work out. Yay for sore abs today. Your Christmas card looks fabulous and Portia is adorable.
Monarch, how fun for you to help pick out people Christmas gifts. I’m glad to hear you are doing fine. Take care of yourself working so much until Christmas.
Lorelei, sorry to hear you still feel bad. I hope you feel better soon. Dayquil and Nyquil help me when I have colds. They seem to drop my IQ but at least I can function. A guy at work swears by putting vicks on the bottom of your feet and covering them up with a sock will keep you from coughing at night.
Steph, I told my DH when we got home tonight he could get in the refrigerator first, that way if he found a mess he’d have to clean it up. I hope you had a great day spending it with DH and getting to go shopping. Your Christmas card is great.
Skippy, I am glad to hear the knee is better. Sorry you didn’t get snow. We got about 4 more inches of snow. The flakes were really big this morning and were very pretty but it is very cold here too. The wind is kicking up tomorrow so we''ll be getting snow drifts soon. Spike is too funny; we get tumbleweeds here too. Sounds like a good reason to go shopping for a new dress since you have some parties to attend this weekend.
Kimi, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun in Chicago. We went to supper tonight and when I left so much food the waitress was hovering over me worrying something was wrong with it. They just give you too much food in a restaurant. I hope you had fun meeting DeeJay. Yay for getting a new ring. I had a comfort fit 4mm gold band for awhile for a wedding ring and loved it; I want to get another one to wear when we go camping.
Appletini, yay for spending 30 minutes on the TM today. Sorry to hear you are loosing your TBT instructor.
MrsSalvo, I hope the kids faces get better soon so you can get your picture taken. I already printed out your PB fudge recipe. It sounds great and easy.
DeeJay, sorry you had to wander around in the rain. I was excited to hear you had a nice breakfast with Kimi and her husband.
Rod, sorry to hear things are tough at work but with the job situation there I am sure everyone is stressed and on pins and needles. I am glad you didn’t short change yourself at the gym though. That always makes you feel better.
CJ, it sounds like you didn’t get your hour’s worth from the trainer tonight. I wouldn’t like that either.
Well, take care everyone. I am going to get to bed tonight EARLY. (I hope)

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
CJ: i trained with someone for over a year and 95% of the time he was awesome but every once in a while he got lazy and cut my sessions short. after 2-3 of those skimpy sessions i laid out a schedule where i agreed to come in 15 min early to do my warmup (won''t take time from your session), agreed on 15 minutes of ab work with the trainer and the remaining 45 minutes with him was hard core lifting. then i did a 10 min cool down and stretching on my own afterwards. it was never a problem after that....i think he realized i was really serious about training and respected my time going forward. i totally agree with rod that the session should tire you enough that you should need to go home after cool down b/c you are worn out.

steph and mara: love your holiday cards. steph, your little boy (andrew, i think?) is soooo cute. and mara that pic of portia is too adorable....what a great shot (my dog hates the flash on cameras so i rarely get any cute shots like that) b/c she looks so cuddly on her pillow.

marcy: yay for sponsoring some kids for christmas. that is very thoughtful of you to make someone''s christmas special!

not much to report today. breakfast was bran flakes, lunch was a baked potato and cottage cheese, dinner was LF black bean soup from Panera and their new orchard harvest salad (the half portion). i had two half pretzel rods with the end dipped in dark chocolate for a snack. it was 60 degrees here today (how about that for wild weather (it was 25 degrees this time last week!) so i took my dog on a 2 miler and he loved it. i also did the elliptical at the gym for 35 minutes, rowing machine for another 10, and then an abs routine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks all, princess portia says thanks for her compliments as she snoozes on the couch right now hahaha. i want her life!!

cj, your appt does sound like it wasn't good enough. it is funny, one of my trainers tells me how some people come in and really do not want to be pushed at all. they just want to be trained in their comfort zone. whereas i am like sure i can do that. oh yeah i can do that. oh more weight, okay. both my trainers like that i am so malleable. i tell them, look you are the expert. the whole reason of me being here is for you to show me things i can't do on my own, don't know, and i want you to push me and challenge me. what is the point of seeing someone who just says 'do 20 pushups'...i can tell myself that. i want to work on things i can't do on my own with the trainers. like the abs we did last nite, 1/2 of them are manuals...where i do something like a situp and she pushes DOWN on me when i try to come up for my situp. owie...yeah...do a bunch of those in diff variations...it's effective. but i can't do them on my own. also ball work, she shows me how to do it the 'right way' so i don't arch, etc. have you setup goals for what you want to see? also, i would ask her to maybe call you or text you when she is going to be late and tell you how to get started. aka when i come in and if my trainer is running a few min late she tells me 'go walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes to warm up'. so i'm not just waiting around or doing what i want to do. also, maybe this trainer isn't the right person for you. maybe try someone else who will challenge you more. and let me tell you, 30 min of abs, if done right, should BURN. mine are so sore today just sitting up straight hurts.

also you said you did core for 20 min, and what sounds like mostly leg work and some arms for 30 min and 10 min of discussion. that DOES equal an hour. so you did get an hour. but if you had the energy to work out for 40 min afterwards, no she did not work you hard enough. so i'd ask for the level to be upped. or maybe she just wanted to see what you were made of to begin with. i know my trainers challenge me way more now than they did in the beginning because they feel way more confident that i can take it...if that makes sense. my first few sessions they seemed to just be testing my boundaries.

blah blah i said a lot there. anyway, hello all. quick check in...we went to xmas in the park tonite. we had dinner at this yummy grill place that serves amazing steaks and seafood, but we ate in their cozy warm bar/lounge area and shared a cheeseburger, iceberg wedge salad, and a ceviche with crab and shrimp. everything was so tasty...we split everything (actually they split it for us which was awesome). i only ate 1/2 of my 1/2 of fries. all my cheeseburger, sans bun. then we walked around the park and got a churro (YUM) and a hot mexican chocolate and shared that. then came back home. i did my workout in the gym tonite before that...30 min on the elliptical at intervals for about 270 cals burned, then about 10 min of tricep work specifically. my abs are still burning so nothing on that front. gotta let them rest til thurs. tomorrow is a workout day off so i plan to hit the mall after work for a few last gifts, and then spend some time wrapping tomorrow night as greg has a work function.

so that's my check in!! sounds like everyone had a productive day for the most part hehee. nite all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, can''t sleep with this pants cold, so checking in early. Thanks CJ and all for the well wishes, I feel like doo doo...
39.gif
I have stopped the cold meds as I couldn''t breev fru by dose ( breathe through my nose
41.gif
) so I don''t know what was happening there...
33.gif

Oh well, no workouts for me and my eating has been shameful - Doritos and Keebler cream cheese dipping cookies...sniff...
15.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, twice I have written long posts and responded to everyone and both times they disappeared!!! So I will make this a little shorter. Yesterday was wonderful. Adam worked a 1/2 day and went to soccer practice with us. Andrew was so excited to show off his skills to his daddy! Then we went to an Italian place for lunch and I had whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken, spinach and pine nuts, yummy. Dinner was parm. crusted pork with apple-cranberry compote. I had iced tea to drink for dinner and that keeps me awake sometimes, so I didn''t go to bed until 1 am and was up at 5:30 this morning for a 2 mile run. I feel great right now, but I know at some point this afternoon the lack of sleep will catch up with me and I will be feeling pants. I am going to finish up my Christmas shopping today, wrap gifts and mail some out. Everyone have a great day!

Thanks, Skippy....you are so sweet! Hope your knee is feeling better!

Apple, yea for a good treadmill workout!

Kimi, sounds like you are having a great time!

Thanks, Mara...I loved your pics too! Your night out sounds lovely! I haven''t had a cheeseburger in so long, yum!

Mrssalvo, thank you for the kind words about our pic. Your girls'' dresses sound so cute! I can''t wait to hopefully one day have a girl to dress up in cute holiday dresses!

DeeJay, glad your breakfast was fun!

Rod, you are too sweet! Sorry for the tough day, but good for you for going to the gym anyway....throw some of that willpower over this way! I struggle with working out when I''m tired or stressed even though I know I always feel better afterwards.

CJ, thanks for the compliments about the holiday cards! I would def. talk to the trainer and tell her you want to be pushed more. I always watch the biggest loser and think I need someone to yell at me and push me like that, but I would probably be in tears if they went that far!

Marcy, that is great about sponsering the children. The school I worked at always did that, so I am looking to do something on my own this year since I am not working. Thanks for the sweet words about our card!

Tdiddy, thank you! I think he is a cutie too, but I am his mom so I might be a little biased! Yea for eating healthy...that salad sounds yummy, I will have to try it next time we''re at Panera.

Lorelei, sorry you are still feeling pants and can''t sleep
8.gif
. Sending you feel better vibes!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Steph, I hope you can get some sleep as we can''t have you feeling pants too!!

still pants...
15.gif
gave in and took some more cold meds.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei, I hope you feel better soon. i just got over a pretty nasty cold myself and i hate not being able to breathe when I''m sleeping or not being able to taste food
41.gif

crownjewel, i''m the photographer so no chance of getting help there. I used to pay someone to do their pictures but found that many times i liked the shots that hubby or I took and ended up using those. so, why pay someone $$$ to take them. my BIL has the real deal photoshop though and has offered to help if need be. We''ll see what happens this weekend. both are starting to look better so i''m hoping just a few more days and they will be back to looking normal.

hope the rest of you have a happy wednesday!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MrsSalvo! I am pretty miserable right now, but I hope to feel a bit better tomorrow.

That reminds me, for those of you who suffer from a sore nose / nostrils when you have a cold, try using some eyecream on the sore areas, it really helps! Quick tip I just discovered as my nose has been really uncomfortable from all the sneezing and nose blowing ( TMI sorry!) Yuck.
25.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone! Good News on my front! I joined sparkpeople after hearing about it in Tdiddy’s post. I figured it would be a god tool to see my daily calorie intake. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track with my eating because ever since I haven’t seen the scale going down I’ve been concerned that maybe I was doing something wrong.

First of, I only just joined sparkpeople but it really looks like a great resource. They have a place for you to track your weight and measurements so I measured myself and entered in the numbers. Then when I got home I got out my measurements from October (right before I started working out) And to my surprise there was a really big change!

October:
Waist - 32
Hips (at fullest point) - 39

Now:
Waist- 28
Hips- 37

Not too shabby! Today I found a scale at work and weighed myself in the morning like you all suggested and it showed 138- two pounds down from my original weight. So I’m happy to start seeing results. Thanks everyone for being so supportive when I was feeling down!

Appletini- great job on your two pound loss!
Lorelei- I’m sorry that you are feeling so icky! Nighttime is always the worst for me when I have a cold. Try to elevate your head on some pillows if you are having trouble breathing while laying down. Feel better!
Skippy- Mmmmm, black bean soup sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe that you use? I’m so happy that your knee is feeling better!
Tdiddy- Yea for 9 pounds! How exciting that you are going to do a marathon! My brother and his wife did the Disney Marathon and they couldn’t say enough good things about it.
Monarch- I hope your last weeks at work before Christmas go smoothly! I know it’s crazy-busy around my office as well.
Mara- Your Christmas card looks great! Porta is adorable! Christmas in the park sounds wonderful and your food makes me hungry just thinking about it. Yum!
Steph- Your Christmas card looks so cute! I can’t get over what a good looking family you have, and Andrew is ADORABLE!
Kimberly- It sounds like you are having a great time! And YEA for new jewelry!
Rod- I’m sorry about your tough day at work. I always find a good workout after a tough day makes me feel better (although it’s the motivation to GO to the gym after a hard day that is difficult) It’s great that you have such a positive attitude.
CrownJewel- Thanks for your response to my Bridal shower help thread! I’m still so overwhelmed with planning it... I think I’ll be a wreck when I have to plan a wedding! Haha. I’m sorry that your personal trainer was a dud. I only had one session with a personal trainer but after about 20 minutes with him, I seriously couldn’t walk… and I proceeded to yelp for the next 3 days every time I used my leg muscles to sit or stand. I aggree with the others that if you could still work out after the training session was over, the trainer was not challenging you enough.
MarcyC- What a nice thing for you to do for those families! You are going to put some smiles on the faces of those kids this Christmas!
mrssalvo- the dog in your avatar is the cutest thing! Good luck with the Christmas photos!

35.gif
Have a great day everyone! I’m going to the gym after work then rushing home to get ready for a cocktail party with some of Scott’s law school friends. The semester is over, so now everyone can relax and have a good time. I’m looking forward to it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 10:11:32 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks MrsSalvo! I am pretty miserable right now, but I hope to feel a bit better tomorrow.

That reminds me, for those of you who suffer from a sore nose / nostrils when you have a cold, try using some eyecream on the sore areas, it really helps! Quick tip I just discovered as my nose has been really uncomfortable from all the sneezing and nose blowing ( TMI sorry!) Yuck.
25.gif
I use mentholateum...helps to soothe and helps me breathe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all
35.gif
I went for a 35 min walk; it is 40 degrees out and there is lots of snow on the mountains! I hear they are opening up the ski resort this Christmas. My ears and face are defrosting as I type. hehee
computer.gif

Steph, I wish I could wear a little black dress. I have 2 party's to go to that night and I am sure I will being wearing slacks and a nice red blouse of sorts. It is too cold; I wish. hehee We need 80 degree weather like you. Yay for a good day yesterday. So you don't lose a post after your type highlight the whole thing and hit ctrl and c at the same time. If you lose it then reply and hit ctrl v and that should paste.

DeeJay, I hope to someday meet you and Kimi! I love this WWT; everyone is so sweet and supportive!

Rod, sweetie, sorry you are working so hard, that is pants! Glad you got your workout in, yay! I bet it is a huge stress reducer!

Crown, it was snowing last night so I didn't want to go to muscle hour; I know bad skip! I did some weights on my own and today walked for a couple of miles. Sorry about the PT, gosh, get a different one if she isn't good. I find that even if someone like a cetain person for PT or other things and you don't then that person isn't for you, or she could have had an off day.

Mrs. Salvo, sorry your girls are sick. I remember my sis and i getting the chicken pox at the same time, gosh it was itchy and no fun; poor little ones! Oh no, I hope you get over your cold soon too.

Marcy, that is sooooo sweet and you guys have your hearts in the right place!!! At work in the past we adopted family's and bought gifts; it was so much fun!!! Good for you; you sweetie! Wow, more snow!

Tdiddy, sounds like a good meal and yay for walking the dog and the gym workout!

Mara, xmas in the park sounds like a blast. I am jealous of the churro; maybe I will treat myself to one on my bday
11.gif
hehee

Lorelei, sorry about the cold, mentholateum and a humidifier help me. Gosh, no fun!

Kayak, that is awesome on losing inches!!! Whooo hooo and losing 2 lbs! YAY. My black bean soup recipe is in Mara's Healthy meals thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wwt-healthier-recipes-thread-post-your-recipes-here.56169/ make sure your rinse the beans; I forgot to mention that.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the advice about the personal trainer. Part of me thought she was trying to assess my current fitness level, but then I realized that I should still be sore after a proper "assessment." Maybe she did have an off day. We did indeed discuss my goals the day that I signed up (last week). I told her, "I want you to push me really hard. I know it sounds crazy, but I like to be really sore the next day. I may be little, but I like to work out hard!" She seemed enthusiastic about it, so who knows what happened yesterday.
38.gif
Rod, like you said, I have to remember I am the boss!! I am paying her lots!

Mara and Rod, can your trainer come and train my trainer?
40.gif
Mara, I''m so jealous of your sore abs. SO JEALOUS. (CrownJewel<--crazy). Tdiddy, the time block idea seems like a good option. I''ll see what she says about why she was so easy on me yesterday.

KQ, congrats on the progress! It''s fun to have measurements so you can see numerical proof of all the work you''re doing.

I started using my food scale. FI is getting into it too. He''s like "wow. Vegetables are so low calorie. We should eat more of those." Hooray! Finally, I''ve found a way to show him the value of eating healthily!!!! I have lots of errands to do tonight, so I think I''ll just do a quick cardio workout.

Hope everyone else had a good Wednesday. Lorelei and mrssalvo, hope you''re feeling better. Skippy, good for you for walking and doing weights even though you couldn''t get to muscle hour! My idol!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

We''re back home, and sorta sad. I''m not ready to return to the world of work tomorrow. Had a great time. As I mentioned we spent a lot of time walking arond, which felt good. The hotel bathroom scale said I gained .8 lbs from beginning to end of trip. I''ll find out how close it is tomorrow on my own scale.

John''s making enchiladas for dinner, yummy!

Have a great eveing all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KQ Are you sure you need to lose 20lbs from what you posted...your measurements now are very similar to mine (27" waist, 38" hips) but I am right in the ''ideal'' range for my body type. And I weigh about 137 and am 5''7". Anyway just surprised to see you post that you want to lose 20 lbs in the New Years Resolution thread, with 28" waist and 37" hips doesn''t sound like you need to lose much if at all!

CJ lol re: sore abs. Not to rub it in but mine are STILL Sore today. owie. i ate some chocolate to make them feel better.
9.gif

breakkie was egg white and fiber wrap. snack was low sugar oatmeal with some protein powder. lunch was one steamed bbq pork bun (sans bun part), and 2 shrimp and pork spring rolls with peanut sauce, and a bubble honeydew tea drink (sans bubbles, those things are like 20 cals each and they put like 30 in the drink!)...i watched them make it out of curiousity and they used what appeared to be simple syrup (sugar basically), the honeydew stuff, and then vitamin D full fat milk. yikes! so next time i will ask for 1/2 the simple syrup (They put a lot), and see if they can do 2% milk. i mixed water into mine since it was way too sugary.

dinner i''m on my own tonite as greg has a work thing, so i might just do soup and maybe a natural tart yogurt (though a container of that has like 20g sugar, which isn''t the best either!). i need to hit up Target to get some stuff for this underpriveleged kids thing greg is doing at work and get some notebooks for him. also a toy for a friend who we are seeing this wkd who has a 4 year old son. and see if i can find any more cute stocking stuffers for greg. i want to go to the mall as well but not sure...we''ll see how that pans out. i might go to this outdoor mall where i can take portia because then i don''t have to drive home, drop her off and then come back out. so we''ll see how motivated i feel. then i plan to wrap gifts since greg will be gone this evening. whee. i love me some alone time!!
2.gif
no workout for me but we walked to get food today at lunch and back again and i plan to walk around the mall/stores tonite so that''ll be my workout, but really my body needs a break today so that i can do a 1 hour trainer appt AND a zumba class tomorrow. have a great afternoon all, lorelei hope you are feeling a bit less pants.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all -- it''s a night where I''m about to cuddle up with the pooch (no that is not a nickname for my husband. Or my tummy) on the couch and watch the last 20 minutes of The Queen.

5 more days of school -- which would be so much more awesome if I wasn''t going to court about my accident the very next day. So around noon next Thursday, all of you (even you fine people across The Pond) should hear my wild squee of joy.

I told them at work today, "Golly, thanks for offering to let me stay and be miserable for three more weeks, but h*** no." (Some of the wording of that was edited for drama.)

I feel good, no great about that.

I am still reading along several times a day in this thread. This is the first day in almost a week where I''ve not fallen asleep right after work. I am actually looking forward to being able to do my Yoga Booty again!

Maintaining at about 4 pounds off my goal weight, which is fine. I''m healing slowly but surely.

I am so grateful to be alive...everything seems a little more in focus these days, ya know? That may change when Zippy the Pinhead makes his triumphant return from his sabbatical in England, but who knows, maybe I''ll achieve some state of zen and deal with it like a lady.

That or I''ll slip and call him Deputy Dips*** to his face. I hate it when things like that slip out.

I adore all of you. Thank you for being so brave and sharing your journeys every day...you are keeping me on mine -- it would be veerrry easy to try to "feel better" by gorging myself, but I just...don''t.

Have a wonderful night! Thursday approaches!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the Support! Glad to see everyone is doing well! Kimberly, Sorry your vacation is over!

Mara: Yep, 20 lbs! I''m only 5''3 (on a good day) and I''m currently at 140. I''d LIKE to get down to a little under 120... maybe 115-118? But honestly, once I get to the 120 mark I''m just going to focus on problem areas, toning, and remaining healthy. I think once I get back to my "normal" weight, I''ll just keep on doing what I''m doing and if I loose weight great... if not, it''s not a problem at that point and I''ll just tone.

I have always been around the 115 mark before the past two years of EXTREME weight loss/gain.

In 2005 I was 104 and my peak in 2007 was 150. These past two years have been really difficult on my closet! (and shopping just stopped being fun after awhile) I''m just hoping to get back to my happy weight. 104 was REALLY low. (I was seeing doctors and everything... I just couldn''t hold anything down and was ALWAYS nauseous) And I think that time period messed up my metabolism...or something

Do you think that amount sounds reasonable now that I''ve told you how tall I am? Of course I don''t want to have an unrealistic goal, but I think it is practical.

Night-Night Everyone! Went to the gym for just a cardio session today. 70 Minutes on the Elliptical. Dinner party tomorrow night, but I''ll still be able to do my full workout beforehand. Now it''s time for me to watch project runway!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimi, think of the kiddos happy to see ya; I bet they missed you! We are glad you are back!

Kayak, yay for 70 mins, whooo weee, what a workout!

Mara, have fun at target! I love Target, whoo!

yayy.gif
JAS!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you get to do booty yoga again; can you tell I am sooooo HAPPY for you!!! Thanks for your sweet compliment and I wuve you too
hug.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, You are so sweet!

Jas, I'm SO happy that you are doing better and are back in the swing of things.

Oh... and to edit my last post.
31.gif
I'm at 138 currently not 140.... I haven't gotten used to actually loosing pounds yet! YEA!!!!! hehehehehe

21.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my WWT friends.
35.gif
I am enjoying “slacking” tonight.
9.gif
Nothing to grade, dishes are done and I am just goofing off. I should be working on my Christmas card and poem but I just feel like taking it easy tonight.
Tdiddy, I think it’s a good idea to let your trainer know what you wanted especially after paying them that much money. Enjoy your 60 degree weather; we might get in the 30’s this weekend. I’ll be running around in only 2 layers of clothing. Tee hee.
Mara, Portia’s life sounds pretty comfy. Your dinner and walk tonight sounds fun. I thought of going to the mall to do some shopping but seeing 18 degrees on my thermometer changed my mind.
Lorelei, sorry to hear you had to stop the cold medicine. Take care, sleep lots and drink plenty of liquids. Get better soon. Thanks for the tip on eye cream for your nose. I am a firm believer in Puffs. They don’t leave me looking like Rudolph.
Steph, yay for getting up early for a nice run but yes you will feel pants later today. Yay for finishing up your Christmas shopping. I truly need to brave the cold and finish up mine. If I don’t find enough things for DH stockings I found some golf stuff from last year he never used – I can always put that in his stocking. It’d be interesting to see if he remembers it. He he he.
MrsSalvo, I am glad the kids faces are getting better. My husband is a wiz at photoshop; I have to ask him for help all the time.
Kayak, yay for having smaller numbers on your measurements. I just took mine the other day and found my hips, waist and bust were all 1 to 2 inches smaller. It’s a great discovery to see that tape measure line up at a smaller number. I joined Sparkpeople this summer after several people on this thread recommended it. I think it’s great. Congratulations on being down 2 pounds. I enjoyed buying the gifts for those boys but sure felt bad we couldn’t find the toys the one boy wanted. However we got him a coat and around here; that is a necessity.
Skippy, your walk was probably a little quicker than normal with that chilly of a temperature outside. I have a new girl in my office and she doesn’t have much computer background. I showed her how to do copy and paste today and she was so excited. It was cute. You’ll look great and festive in black pants and a red blouse at your Christmas parties. We had fun shopping for those kids Christmas presents but next year I want to pick a girl’s name who wants a Barbie or an American Girl doll. My sister makes awesome doll clothes to sell so I can buy some clothes from her to give them. The chairs on my patio have about 12 inches of snow on them now. Did your knee do okay on your walk today? Good luck at the orthopedic doctor tomorrow.
CrownJewel, using the food scale is great. I weigh pretty much everything I eat.
Kimi, welcome back home. I’m sorry you have to go back to work tomorrow.
Jas, the end is in sight. Woo hoo for getting away from that horrible school. Good luck in court. Congratulations on being so close to your goal. I am glad to hear you are healing; I just wish it was faster. Take care of yourself.
Sleep well!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results