shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding rings for men

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lolita_12

Rough_Rock
Trying to get an idea of men''s wedding rings. Can you all help by posting any pics of examples.
Thank you so much.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
My husband's wedding ring is titanium with a special finish on it that makes the metal darker. It also has carving on it that's hard to describe but it's a bit like flames. I'll try to find the website that we ordered it from- it really is unique although at first I didn't like it because the design was called "voodoo". I didn't like the idea of our wedding rings having a voodoo association but it's the ring he liked the best and since I got to choose my rings, he got to choose his. Now I like it.
eta- I found the website so here's a close-up:
http://www.titaniumrings.com/voodA.html

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey L12,

Here is a link to my wedding set and a surprise wedding band for my fiancé.

Love in Bloom''s Van Craeynest rings

They are all done by a jeweler in San Francisco named Van Craeynest. Their rings are die-struck (not cast), made extremely well and I believe they can be done in 18K white, 18K yellow gold, platinum, 14K white, 14K yellow or rose gold, and also in two-tone combinations. I saw a two-tone version of my fi''s band with an 18K gold sculpted center with platinum rails...it was breathtaking! They have a website vancraeynest.com with their contact info and some pictures but there are more pictures of what they can do at Micky Roof . Van Craeynest will work with you directly if there are no retailers in your area. I felt more comfortable purchasing that way than from one of their retailers that was far away from where I live, but that is just me. Hope that helps ya!

LIB

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s essentially what my hubby''s ring looks like:

dhring1089.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my boyfriends wedding ring choice. It''s tungsten carbide.

tungsten0417.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
We went to Tiffany's this weekend to compare the prices of erings to what we wanted to buy elsewhere...and while we were there we looked at wrings. I was surprised to find that my FI loves - and I do mean LOVES - the Tiffany Lucida band, 6mm. He just loved the heft and the shine and the fact that it can be buffed out anytime. He wanted to get the ring that moment and I told him "you cant wear it until we're married, you know that, right?" And he was like "what do you mean I cant wear it now?" and thank god the saleslady told him "it's bad luck!" It was actually rather cute. I preferred initially, the more rough surfaced rings but the saleswoman said to keep in mind that if your ring has a pattern or brushed surface, you cant really buff out nicks. I hadn't even thought of that. Anyway, I had no idea my FI even had a "style" that he liked. Who knew? Was anyone else surprised at what their FI selected as their wring?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Dianne, where is that ring from??? That''s sooo close the ring that FI loves from Artcarved

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is my DH's wedding band. It's a good looking ring, and he gets compliments on it. It is an Irish design, supposed to be based on the Ardagh chalice and/or a Celtic warrior's shield:

ETA: His does not have a gemstone in it. It's all metal.

Ardagh chalice.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears a plain comfort fit 5mm platinum wedding band. I really like it. We have been married a long time so its developed a patina and it looks really great.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 8:23:35 AM
Author: robbie3982
Dianne, where is that ring from??? That''s sooo close the ring that FI loves from Artcarved
I actually bought the ring from Christian Bernard Jewelers at one of the upscarle malls in my area. The warranty card that came with it was from Diana, which is also engraved inside the ring. I have looked online and cannot find this style made by Diana, go figure. Maybe didn''t look hard enough. Online is cheaper but I wasn''t familiar with the site so I felt better going to Christian Bernard. Plus, everyone in there is always so over-the-top nice and helpful. Even told me the quote I got from ERD for my engagement setting was the best price and they couldn''t beat it.

The picture I posted, which is exactly the ring he has, came from here: http://www.tungstenworld.com/Tungsten-Carbide-Ring/NITRO-8mm-Grooved/

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really nice anacgarcia!

886710.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just bought a new WR for my husband last weekend. His old one is a diamond band that has engraving and milgrain to match my YG band but he wears it 24/7 and the engraving and milgrain has long worn off. He surprised me and went with a tunsten carbide band [the one on the right in the picture]. He really likes that is is two-toned and very hefty. Now he can wear it 24/7 and never have it scratch or wear out.

tungstenwr.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi again L12,

Just wanted to let you in on some things we wish we would have considered before purchasing a Tungsten band. First off, after looking around at some B&Ms my Fiancé really wanted a tungsten wedding ring. Ideally we would have loved a platinum band, but that would have been way over our budget for the width and thickness of the band he had in mind. He really liked the weight of Tungsten as opposed to titanium. Tungsten is very trendy right now and we both liked the bluish white metal glow that Tungsten radiates. So, we got him an inexpensive tungsten band (there was one for $99 he really liked at a jewelry store chain, most run about $300+ though). One thing I must stress about Tungsten is that because of the limitations of working with this metal, a Tungsten ring cannot be resized, and it is difficult if not impossible to cut a Tungsten ring off if it gets stuck on a finger (i.e. in case of trauma or swelling). That means if the ring cannot be removed, off comes the finger!
23.gif
If I had known this about tungsten before we purchased, we would have never considered it as a metal option. My Fiancé is an analytical chemist and he uses his hands alot at work so I worry about him wearing a tungsten band. Luckily it was only a $99 mistake. If you really like tungsten and the ''removal of a finger'' idea does not bother you, just be sure that wherever you purchase there is a trade-in policy. Thus if your husband''s finger size ever changes, you can exchange the ring to get the size you need since a tungsten ring cannot be sized.

I ended up surprising him with another band in 18K yellow gold because the issues with Tungsten bothered me so much. Once I found out about die struck rings, I knew one would offer the durability and sentiment we wanted in a wedding band (and my wedding set too!). It was a better option in my opinion because it did not have the maintenance issues of replating as with white gold, not as expensive as platinum, it is much heavier than titanium, not as dangerous as tungsten, and even though his ring is intricately carved, Van Craeynest will resize it if his finger size changes. I was worried that since it was a surprise, if my Fi didn''t like his wedding band, it would be a very expensive mistake
20.gif
. He loves his band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! Afterall, yellow gold looks great on him and he said he wouldn''t want his band any other way.

Just some things to think about!
9.gif

LIB

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2007 4:09:23 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hi again L12,

Just wanted to let you in on some things we wish we would have considered before purchasing a Tungsten band. First off, after looking around at some B&Ms my Fiancé really wanted a tungsten wedding ring. Ideally we would have loved a platinum band, but that would have been way over our budget for the width and thickness of the band he had in mind. He really liked the weight of Tungsten as opposed to titanium. Tungsten is very trendy right now and we both liked the bluish white metal glow that Tungsten radiates. So, we got him an inexpensive tungsten band (there was one for $99 he really liked at a jewelry store chain, most run about $300+ though). One thing I must stress about Tungsten is that because of the limitations of working with this metal, a Tungsten ring cannot be resized, and it is difficult if not impossible to cut a Tungsten ring off if it gets stuck on a finger (i.e. in case of trauma or swelling). That means if the ring cannot be removed, off comes the finger!
23.gif
If I had known this about tungsten before we purchased, we would have never considered it as a metal option. My Fiancé is an analytical chemist and he uses his hands alot at work so I worry about him wearing a tungsten band. Luckily it was only a $99 mistake. If you really like tungsten and the 'removal of a finger' idea does not bother you, just be sure that wherever you purchase there is a trade-in policy. Thus if your husband's finger size ever changes, you can exchange the ring to get the size you need since a tungsten ring cannot be sized.

I ended up surprising him with another band in 18K yellow gold because the issues with Tungsten bothered me so much. Once I found out about die struck rings, I knew one would offer the durability and sentiment we wanted in a wedding band (and my wedding set too!). It was a better option in my opinion because it did not have the maintenance issues of replating as with white gold, not as expensive as platinum, it is much heavier than titanium, not as dangerous as tungsten, and even though his ring is intricately carved, Van Craeynest will resize it if his finger size changes. I was worried that since it was a surprise, if my Fi didn't like his wedding band, it would be a very expensive mistake
20.gif
. He loves his band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! Afterall, yellow gold looks great on him and he said he wouldn't want his band any other way.

9.gif

LIB
Yes we had heard this before we bought and did some checking to find out that tungsten bands can be removed from a finger about as easily as other metals. You can shatter them if you use vice grips. Tungsten rings will not crush or bend out-of-round, so if you shut your hand in a car door or drop a heavy object on it, a tungsten wedding band is likely to fracture into several pieces and fall off your finger freely. Most emergency rooms are equiped to handle these type of rings. You are quite right, though about the sizing issues.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 4:26:17 PM
Author: Catmom

Date: 4/19/2007 4:09:23 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hi again L12,

23.gif
If I had known this about tungsten before we purchased, we would have never considered it as a metal option. My Fiancé is an analytical chemist and he uses his hands alot at work so I worry about him wearing a tungsten band. Luckily it was only a $99 mistake. If you really like tungsten and the ''removal of a finger'' idea does not bother you, just be sure that wherever you purchase there is a trade-in policy. Thus if your husband''s finger size ever changes, you can exchange the ring to get the size you need since a tungsten ring cannot be sized.

I ended up surprising him with another band in 18K yellow gold because the issues with Tungsten bothered me so much. Once I found out about die struck rings, I knew one would offer the durability and sentiment we wanted in a wedding band (and my wedding set too!). It was a better option in my opinion because it did not have the maintenance issues of replating as with white gold, not as expensive as platinum, it is much heavier than titanium, not as dangerous as tungsten, and even though his ring is intricately carved, Van Craeynest will resize it if his finger size changes. I was worried that since it was a surprise, if my Fi didn''t like his wedding band, it would be a very expensive mistake
20.gif
. He loves his band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! Afterall, yellow gold looks great on him and he said he wouldn''t want his band any other way.

9.gif

LIB
Yes we had heard this before we bought and did some checking to find out that tungsten bands can be removed from a finger about as easily as other metals. You can shatter them if you use vice grips. Tungsten rings will not crush or bend out-of-round, so if you shut your hand in a car door or drop a heavy object on it, a tungsten wedding band is likely to fracture into several pieces and fall off your finger freely. Most emergency rooms are equiped to handle these type of rings. You are quite right, though about the sizing issues.
Hey Catmom,

My fi is wearing his tungsten ring now as a RHR, so the prospect of injury is not as prominent as I may have emphasized in my post. We could have returned the ring, but the store we purchased from has a trade in policy for sizing so that is why we decided to keep it. Besides, he still really likes the look of his tungsten ring. Common sense is always a virtue, and he always removes his ring when he is working with machinery or tools, scaling rock walls, etc. We both agreed that tungsten carbide is a durable metal and knew that tungsten could be shattered, but it may take a while to find the exact spot in the metal lattice that permits such a reaction even with vice grips. In an emergency situation, seconds count and a ring needs to be removed immediately to prevent further injury (I have a lot of physicians in my family, one is an ER attending and another works in Shock Trauma so I hear about lots of odd situations in emergencies). Tungsten may look really nice for years because of its scratch resistance, but the fact that it can shatter helped us realize that it was unsuitable for what we wanted in a wedding band. I''m glad your husband is happy with his tungsten ring as a wedding band, though
2.gif

LIB

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
My husband''s is a Tiffany & Co 6mm 18K gold milgrain band with platinum inlay. I think it''s a beautiful ring and suits him well
9.gif

I actually really liked the matching ladies band (3mm width) but ended up with a diamond eternity band instead as my wedding band (he insisted, what could I say
25.gif
). I would love to get it later on though

12267215_xl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results