shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding photos!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, KaraSue! You made a gorgeous, happy bride, that''s for sure. Everything looked amazing, and I love how thrilled you and your hubby look
5.gif

Now, I want to see more pics of how you transformed the venue ...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
karasure, my MIL insists on a photo of just her children and FIL too
20.gif
Annoying. Wonder how that will work out with my DD. Is she part of the inner circle or not?!?! Hmmm....
3.gif

Beautiful photos. Looks like a perfect day and you made a stunning bride!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Karasue! Your wedding pics are GORGEOUS and it looked like such a fun affair. You and your HUSBAND are gorgeous together, and look so in love and happy - even in the bleeding toe pic!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Karasue, your photographs are absolutely gorgeous, as are you and your husband! Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, WishfulThinking, vita*dolce - thank you!! it was a beautiful day
36.gif

PearlDahhhling - wow, thank you so much!! we had a great photographer
2.gif
they made sure to leave out the ugly stuff, hahaha (like the awful brown-rimmed dishes!!)

dutchflowers, Skippy123, butterfly123, jewelerman, hthip, hollyS - thank you so much!!
16.gif
16.gif

miraclesrule - Thank you so much, I saw that your daughters photos didn''t turn out the way you wanted, but the ones I saw were absolutely gorgeous. I''m sure you hear this all the time but your daughter looks so much like Drea de Matteo!! She looked absolutely phenomenal, and so did you!! Congrats!

pocahontas, Kim N, msb700 - thank you!! we had a great time
36.gif
36.gif
the vast majority of our guests were DH''s friends and family, so i was sort of expecting to be hanging out with my friends most of the night but all of his friends and family really welcomed me in, it was very touching
1.gif

Deelight - thanks!! the outside of the venue was definitely beautiful. the inside.....definitely not TDF, hahahaha. our photographers were just really good at making it look great by taking strategic shots, I posted below a shot of the venue from a wide angle and you can see that it was quite plain. they renovated the bathrooms which was a HUGE improvement, and they also took all of the carpet off the walls (yes there was carpet on the walls when we booked it!!), and put up these little chandeliers that are WAY too small for the huge space, but they tried!!! It is the center for the Shriner''s here in Calgary, so I think they pretty much rely on donations for stuff like that, which was another reason we liked the venue - because the Shriners do a lot of great things so it was nice to support them
1.gif

bee*, Sabine, courtney, Krissie - thank you
9.gif
9.gif
as you can see, there wasn''t too much transforming done, our centerpieces were very low bowls, we pretty much just relied on people drinking a lot and having a great time!! hahahaha i was very happy with the renovations they did though....now they need to replace those hideous dishes!!! but, everyone commented on how good the food was, so i guess they weren''t paying attention to the dishes it was on!!! hahaha

08-09-08  278.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:56:57 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
karasure, my MIL insists on a photo of just her children and FIL too
20.gif
Annoying. Wonder how that will work out with my DD. Is she part of the inner circle or not?!?! Hmmm....
3.gif

Beautiful photos. Looks like a perfect day and you made a stunning bride!
Tacori, hahaha what is with that?? i''m glad my MIL is offended by that concept too. it was pretty funny, because while we were taking that picture, FIL kept saying "yeah yeah ok hurry up because I don''t want people to see what we are doing!!!" hahaha

in their family, kids are allowed in the photos but not wives......not sure how the kids would have gotten there if there were no wives, but.....hahaha

Thanks so much
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Laurenthepartier, KimberlyH - haha thank you!! it was a blast. it really sucks that some of the photos are on film, there is one they took of dave bent down taking my shoe off when we were cleaning my toe up, it looks like i''m cinderella and he is trying my shoe on me, hahaha especially since my shoes were silver! normally i''m VERY queasy about seeing my own blood too, but I must have just been on an adrenaline high because it didn''t affect me at all, i was just like oh man.....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt his family even NOTICES how rude it is
20.gif
The only picture she kept asking for a print of after our wedding was the one of the four of them
38.gif
Just one little example of adjusting to a different family and the different ways thcey think. At least you got your MIL on your side! My family is just SOOOOO different.
2.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! You make a gorgeous couple and it appears that you had a perfect day
1.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Good Lord. This looks like a wedding out of a magazine. You two couldn''t be cuter if you tried! What a lovely wedding.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous photos Karasue!!! Everything turned out beautifully. Congratulations!

MissManna

Rough_Rock
Your photos are beautiful! Congratulations.
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
oh, so lovely. Your photographer caught some gorgeous moments, and you two make a very beautiful couple. Congrats on your marriage!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW Karasue! I''ve been looking forward to your pics, and man! They do not disappoint (although where are my flower shots lady
2.gif
). You look just GORGEOUS! And the two of you are a lovely couple! Your dress looks just fabulous, and I ADORE THE TIES! I''m sorry mean people made you cry, but I am happy the day improved after that and now you have all these amazing photos to cherish! Congratulations on your marriage!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THESE! Gosh your dress was amazing! And the ties were so cute too. It looks like everything turned out great. CONGRATS!!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
MaggieB, pjean, CDN in NYC, MissManna, tberube - thank you!!! it really was a great time
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy - haha we didn''t have a ton of flowers, although we did buy some fabulous gladiolas and put them in 3 tall vases in front of the head table, which looked fabulous. i ordered the rest of our flowers from theflowerexchange.com, and even though they came 2 days early and i was freaking out that they would be totally wilted by the time Saturday came around, the guy from the company told me what to do to keep them for that long, and they ended up opening just beautifully. I''ll post a couple more pics with some flowers....here are the centerpieces. wish i had done some high ones too mixed in with the low ones, but oh well!

violet02 - thanks!! our guestbook turned out to be fabulous, no shots of the cover though, only the inside or i would post a pic. etsy is the best!

08-09-08  139.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
here you can see the beautiful roses i bought from theflowerexchange.com, we had 4 vases of roses alternating with 3 vases with candles and glass bead things in them on the head table.

08-09-08  263.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
and one last favorite pic :)

08-09-08  0681.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kara, your favorite pic is my favorite too!

Thank you for the flower fix honey, they turned out REALLY great. I mean that. I love the roses in those square vases, and your centerpieces with the spider mums are just fabulous! If you have a pic of the glads to throw in... I wouldnt'' mind. LOL.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:24:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Oh Kara, your favorite pic is my favorite too!

Thank you for the flower fix honey, they turned out REALLY great. I mean that. I love the roses in those square vases, and your centerpieces with the spider mums are just fabulous! If you have a pic of the glads to throw in... I wouldnt'' mind. LOL.
Oh man I can''t find ANY pics of the glads!!! they were last minute, we had planned on buying them and some dahlias from a local flower farmer but we have had a terrible (aka cold) summer up here and they just weren''t ready to bloom yet
7.gif
but the farmer said she had seen some beautiful glads in the local grocery stores, so we took a look and bought some there. we got lucky too, they opened up beautifully!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god Kara you''re married!!!!!!!!! I can''t believe I missed your posts. I''m so glad I saw your name in the PS Wedding Links thread. I haven''t even looked through all the pictures yet, because I wanted to hurry and say CONGRATULATIONS! And my dear, you look absolutely gorgeous. Oh and the dress is nice too. Haha. I really think you would have rocked any dress, but I''m so glad you scored your dream dress. You look so perfect in it. The accessories, veil, pearls...everything was perfect! Nice job!! And I LooooooooooooOOVE the ties too.

Off to find more photos!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Kara,

Your wedding was simply gorgeous! I am so happy for you and it was so nice to see your beautiful photos...your photographer was amazing!

Congratulations!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, you look devine and your hubby is handsome! Gorgeous festivites too! (glad you got the one nice weekend all summer, eh?
9.gif
). Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your wedding looked gorgeous, and you and hubby look so happy together! Congratulations
35.gif

I would love if you would share who made your jewelry, and your photographer! I live near Calgary and may want an engagement shoot...did you have one with them? TIA!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Karasue -

Thanks so much for sharing your photos! They are an incredible account of what appears to have been a fantastic day! You have such great taste and it is so fun to see all of your planning and awesome choices for the wedding come together. I wish you the happiest of marriages!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 12:21:49 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Oh my god Kara you''re married!!!!!!!!! I can''t believe I missed your posts. I''m so glad I saw your name in the PS Wedding Links thread. I haven''t even looked through all the pictures yet, because I wanted to hurry and say CONGRATULATIONS! And my dear, you look absolutely gorgeous. Oh and the dress is nice too. Haha. I really think you would have rocked any dress, but I''m so glad you scored your dream dress. You look so perfect in it. The accessories, veil, pearls...everything was perfect! Nice job!! And I LooooooooooooOOVE the ties too.

Off to find more photos!
Hey girl!!! Oh thank you so much, I''m so happy I got my dress too. I got so many compliments on it, and it was so nice and cool all day. And it photographed beautifully!!!

How is everything going for you?? Also where on earth has FMPD been??? I think her wedding was the weekend after mine, I can''t wait to see her photos too, I hope she posts them! Yours is at the end of this month right? Is everything going according to plan (except the dress obviously!!)???

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 2:04:59 PM
Author: Harleigh
Kara,

Your wedding was simply gorgeous! I am so happy for you and it was so nice to see your beautiful photos...your photographer was amazing!

Congratulations!
Thanks Harleigh!! Did I miss your photos???? I need to go search, your avatar looks gorgeous....congrats right back at cha!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:55:54 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Well, you look devine and your hubby is handsome! Gorgeous festivites too! (glad you got the one nice weekend all summer, eh?
9.gif
). Congrats!

cheers--Sharon
Thank you so much!! We totally lucked out on the weather, what a crappy summer it WAS!! Freaking beginning of September and there was frost on my car this morning!!!
29.gif
29.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 10:31:30 PM
Author: shimmer
Your wedding looked gorgeous, and you and hubby look so happy together! Congratulations
35.gif

I would love if you would share who made your jewelry, and your photographer! I live near Calgary and may want an engagement shoot...did you have one with them? TIA!
thanks shimmer, i didn't know you live near calgary!!! our photographer was Samantha Ellen Photography, and she did an amazing job. i think the website is www.samanthaellen.com - we got engagement photos too, here is the link to my post:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-pics.87015/

For the engagement photos we walked around Inglewood and then headed to Fish Creek Park. I'm not sure how much she charges just for an engagement shoot if you aren't getting a wedding package with her, but her wedding packages were pretty reasonable.

are you getting married in/around calgary/banff/etc?

ETA - forgot to mention that i got my jewelry on etsy from this seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5614366§ion_id=5351152

i contacted her and told her exactly what i wanted for the necklace, bracelet and earrings (length, pearl size, crystal size, ribbon, etc), and she made it for me exactly how i wanted it. She also didn't gouge me for shipping to Canada ($9.99) and gave me a discount for buying all three items from her. She was awesome!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 2:04:42 PM
Author: karasue91

Date: 9/1/2008 2:04:59 PM
Author: Harleigh
Kara,

Congratulations!
Thanks Harleigh!! Did I miss your photos???? I need to go search, your avatar looks gorgeous....congrats right back at cha!!
No, Kara, you didn''t miss them! I just suck and haven''t finished resizing them all...I''ll try to finish that tonight, as a matter of fact! There was a link to help me choose the pro photos on here a few days after the wedding, but I don''t know if that''s still up or not. Thanks for the congratulations, as well...hopefully I''ll have them up for everyone to see tonight after I get home.
3.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 1:18:33 PM
Author: bensbride
Karasue -

Thanks so much for sharing your photos! They are an incredible account of what appears to have been a fantastic day! You have such great taste and it is so fun to see all of your planning and awesome choices for the wedding come together. I wish you the happiest of marriages!
thanks bensbride, you are so sweet!!! i think some of the in-laws may disagree with you on the good taste....hahaha they were a little appalled that i wanted black to be one of our wedding colors, but i loved it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results