shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding photos!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!! I got our photos back a couple days ago and they are just lovely. The wedding went off pretty smoothly, everyone had a great time and we ran out of booze, which is an indicator that everyone had a great time because there was a TON of booze!!! A couple of glitches of course, but we had gorgeous weather, a beautiful, teary ceremony and a fantastic reception, it turned out exactly the way I had hoped.

This forum was so incredibly helpful to me, thank you to everyone on here, I don''t think I could have survived the wedding planning process without you!!

And now on to the photos!!

My girl Dora waiting for me..... :)

08-09-08  004.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Getting into her....

08-09-08  025.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
love this shot

08-09-08  026.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
First look at each other

08-09-08  048.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Calgary skyline in the background

08-09-08  052.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock

08-09-08  063.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 7:58:31 PM
Author: karasue91
love this shot

08-09-08%20%20026.JPG
Wow! I love your lashes!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif

You were beautiful!!! I love these photos too!!! Can't wait to see more!
Congratulations to you and your new husband
36.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
This one makes me laugh because it looks like it''s from a soap opera wedding or something...hahaha I''m not sure how we straighted out our faces from laughing so much to be so serious!!

08-09-08  085.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What gorgeous photos, Kara!! You and your new husband are adorable!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
i thought this was cute, he was holding my bouquet while I hiked up my train

08-09-08  088.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
laughing at each other as usual

08-09-08  102.JPG

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
For starters you are beautiful!!!

And secondly, happy one year PS anniversary!!
2.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Karasue - I love your photos! You two are adorable, you look amazing in your dress, and it just looks like you were both having a blast!

Congratulations!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock

08-09-08  107.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Our favors and placecards....or whatever the real name is for the cards people pick up that tell them which table to sit at. We named our tables after neighborhoods in NYC, since that is where we met and lived for a couple years. The table names were a big hit, and it was fun picking a neighborhood that represented the group of friends we sat at that table!!! We lived in the East Village, so of course we had to sit our friends from our hood at the East Village table, and we put Italian family at the Little Italy table, rowdy cousins were at the Harlem table, etc. I was afraid most people wouldn't get it, but everyone seemed to :)

ETA: These are the maple sandwich cookies I decided to make for favors. For anyone considering this idea, DON'T MAKE SANDWICH COOKIES!!!! We had about 150 guests, 2 cookies per guest which equals 4 cookies per favor, for a grand total of 600 COOKIES!!!! I saw them in a Martha Stewart magazine and thought it was adorable. 3 days later when I had FINALLY finished making all the cookies, it wasn't so adorable anymore. hahahaha but they actually did turn out pretty darn cute.

08-09-08  138.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Programs and petal cups for the petal toss as we headed back up the aisle

08-09-08  143.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Great shot of the ceremony site and beautiful clear blue sky. Unfortuately most of the ceremony shots were taken on actual film, not sure why, so I only have a couple of the ceremony digitally. There is also a beautiful lake off to the right side of the picture that you can see in other pics.

08-09-08  163.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Married and petal toss!!!

08-09-08  190.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
DH and groomsmen....the tux shop had the most adorable polka dot ties to go with the tuxes...people even commented on how it was so awesome that their ties coordinated with my dress (which is something only another bride would notice but it made me happy, hahaha). DH wore white with black and gray dots, GMs wore black with white and gray dots, and the dads wore gray with black and white dots.

08-09-08  213.JPG

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
You looked so beautiful and the Dora was a perfect dress for your day! I can imagine the cookies were quite the headache but how nice to give your guests something you made! Congrats!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
here is the lake i mentioned before...

08-09-08  216.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
just two kids in love.... :)

08-09-08  222.JPG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karasue, thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. It looks like everything turned out so perfect, I''m so happy for you!

It''s so nice to see your face (beautiful!) and your husand''s (handsome!) I LOVED the tuxes with the polka dot ties - it looked so put together, yet fun.

Congratulations!

P.S.: Did you invitations ever come out just like you wanted?

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
This shot is great because as we were climbing up into that brush to get a couple photos, I felt a branch scrape my toe but I didn''t think anything of it. Here I''m climbing out of the brush to go hug some guests. 10 minutes later my toe is still hurting, so I lift up my dress to take a look at it, and find it covered in blood!!!! I got DH to clear the way for me to get inside and sit down, the friend I was hugging outside came with me to clean the blood off my dress and shoe, hahahaha it was pretty funny it was the only drama of the whole wedding!!

Well, until people started getting REALLY drunk. At the end of the wedding, DH''s college buddies were jumping in the lake, which is nice to look at but NASTY. hahahaha we were so happy they had such a great time!!

08-09-08  232.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy cake - white with seedless raspberry italian buttercream filling, vanilla italian buttercream frosting on the outside

08-09-08  236.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
laughing that we can''t believe we''re MARRIED!!!!

08-09-08  253.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
first dance.....which I was supposed to bring the song for on my ipod to give to the dj but of course I forgot. so, i told my MOH to tell him to play anything that''s not too cheesy. we danced to Peter Gabriel''s "In Your Eyes", which was a pretty good choice!

08-09-08  280.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FYI: HAPPY PriceScope 1-YR ANNIVERSARY!!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Last one.....just thought I would post because it''s a pretty good shot of the back of my hair, and my necklace.

I got my jewelry made by an Etsy seller, and she did an amazing job. I paid about $75 for the necklace, bracelet, and earrings, and I got to pick exactly what size I wanted the pearls and how I wanted it put together. I LOVED the tie-back necklace, and it had little clear swarovski crystals between each pearl for a little bit of sparkle. The earrings were one big pearl with 3 little crystals loose at the top, which made the swing around perfectly... If anyone wants the sellers name just let me know, she was so wonderful to work with!!

This photo is a family joke....when FIL''s family gets together they always want to take a family photo with ONLY their family, which then doesn''t include wives somehow. MIL can''t stand it, it makes her so mad, and they did it to me at their family reunion last year. They got all their cousins together (which happened to include some boyfriends and other semi-random people) and asked ME to take the picture. hahahaha it may not sound that bad but it was just hilarious because MIL had been telling me about how they do this and how it pisses her off so much. As in, let''s say their last name is Smith. Someone calls out "All the Smiths come over here for a family picture!!" Well, the wives are Smiths too! But the wives get ushered out of the photo. hahahahaha anyway, we are making fun of that in this photo by having the bride take a family photo of her new family without me in it.

Thanks for looking everyone!!! I saw there were some responses but I wanted to finish posting first
2.gif

08-09-08  292.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 8:03:59 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Wow! I love your lashes!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif

You were beautiful!!! I love these photos too!!! Can''t wait to see more!
Congratulations to you and your new husband
36.gif
Thanks dreamgirl!!! I wish I could take credit but I think it''s pretty obvious they are falsies!!!! hahahaha I''ve never worn them before - at first they were SOOO irritating, but after a few minutes I didn''t feel them at all. They lasted all night too, which I was pretty impressed with, and they look amazing in the photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results