shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding pendant/necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, i made bail not like the yellow gold ones you posted but perpendicular to that so it would be like HW earrings.

HarriPend2.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina,

How lovely! Thank you!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can the drop be made detachable so that I can interchange it with different drops in the future?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I think that is a great solution for the Lucida stone! It makes a beautiful pendant! But I don''t think it would go with the HW earrings to wear for your wedding. I really almost think no necklace might be best. But if you did, I think a solitaire pendant would be best unless you get the pendant that matches the earrings. Those HW earrings drop from a round, so I''d go with a round pendant. Then you could wear it with the studs as well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to not buy diamonds for the time being.
17.gif
So, I may end up pendant/necklace-less afterall!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2007 11:56:06 PM
Author: Harriet
I''m trying to not buy diamonds for the time being.
17.gif
So, I may end up pendant/necklace-less afterall!
Well, it would be good to save something for your first anniversary!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would be good to save. Period.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good thinking harriette! we all love to talk jewelry and are ready to encourage each other to go for it but sometimes less is best.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Yet another project, huh.

Irina, you are so talented and so helpful! That''s a great idea for Harriet''s possible pendant. Another thought could be to use a detached diamond halo around aquamarine and add one more diamond at the point of the halo, like the HW earrings. I''ll try a sketch, since I''m not so great with photoshop, but it will be chicken-scratch next to irina''s work, so don''t laugh.
1.gif

Harriet, do you think you should get your dress first? Would it be part of your wedding tradition to change dresses a bunch of times? Pardon my cultural ignorance - I know my Chinese friends have done so.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet.

Irina did a much better rendering job than me, so I hope you can still get the idea from my hand sketch.
1.gif

HWAquaDrop.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hit and run poster
9.gif

RepTearP_1a.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. Are you sure you don''t work for HW et al.?

I should get my dresses first, but how many sets of wedding jewellery can I afford?!
2.gif

Date: 3/26/2007 9:35:31 AM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. Yet another project, huh.

Irina, you are so talented and so helpful! That''s a great idea for Harriet''s possible pendant. Another thought could be to use a detached diamond halo around aquamarine and add one more diamond at the point of the halo, like the HW earrings. I''ll try a sketch, since I''m not so great with photoshop, but it will be chicken-scratch next to irina''s work, so don''t laugh.
1.gif

Harriet, do you think you should get your dress first? Would it be part of your wedding tradition to change dresses a bunch of times? Pardon my cultural ignorance - I know my Chinese friends have done so.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another temptress...
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have another idea that won't involve buying diamonds. I have 3 pairs of diamonds (0.03 ct, 0.16 ct, 0.3 ct), that were given by my parents a while ago. I could have them bezel-set and strung in graduating sizes on a white/rose gold cable. This picture should give some idea of what I have in mind.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I love the Tiffany Diamonds by the Yard necklaces (as well as similar ones by other designers), but I really prefer all the diamonds to be the same size. The .16''s might be your best bet, and you could add some more. I think the .30''s would be too big unless you just used one as the center stone and then move up the chain with the smaller stones.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would mean buying more diamonds! Eek.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wait until you know what you are wearing for your wedding and then plan around it. It''s not till 2008?? Or am I mistaken??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kaleigh, I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Sometimes less is more an you may not even like a necklace with your chosen clothes. I am sure a necklace is the easiest things to find when you have the clothing situated.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like to be able to go out and buy a necklace to match my dress, but I can't. So, think of this as a recycling project then.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the sizes are so different, I would make something like a journey pendant, with the largest, the middle and the smallest in order, because I am not sure how it would look to have them randomly on the chain being so different. Would you use the studs that were your original studs too? I think you would just have to see, and you could mix in pink and yellow or blue sapphires, to add some interest and be something blue...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be using be original studs, and will keep you updated. Thanks for chiming in from Aspen!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem! I do not ski and there is only so much shopping I can do! (plus eat and work out and get a massage or two!) Seriously, I think a necklace at this point is not something to focus on, it will all come together and I would focus on times and places and then outfits!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t ski and you''re still having fun at a ski resort? That is good news because I don''t ski either and I''d like to go the the Aman resort in Wyoming.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has been and wants us to go there, it is called the Amangani. It is a summer place as well. We might try to get there this summer...I posted about Aman resorts in one of your other threads.

As for me, good wine, a book, hanging with my kids, knowing they are having fun, it works for me. Plus massages, sleeping late, working out, eating...all fun. And Aspen is a posh fun place to shop, so I kept myself very entertained!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DH and I almost moved to Jackson Hole 5 years ago. The Company put us up at the Amangani for a week. I still couldn''t live there. There is no place like San Francisco.

emmylou

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

I LOVE how you are working the jewelry angle BEFORE the dress!!!! Love it!! It is something I would have done!

So many beautiful designs have been posted, I personally like the two sketches posted, however, I''d take them all!!

You should get all of them, take them all dress shopping, then save the ones you don''t wear to wear to showers/bachelorette parties/bridal luncheons!!

Yes, I am of no help!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vacations are one thing, daily life another. I really could not see myself living most places I go, because they do not feel like home to me. But, then again, I lived in L.A. for 31 years and til I moved to the East coast I would not ever have thought I could live and be happy anyplace else!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
You''re absolutely right. After 6 days, it was definitely time to leave.

I grew up on the Upper East Side and moved to Tokyo when I was 9, I moved back to NY to go to High School and then went to College while my parents stayed in Tokyo. I have no roots. I want my children to have a place called Home, I would be happy living in SF for the rest of my life.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it there, I have family that lived there and went many times growing up. I love that my kids have that feeling here, dh moved to and from NY a lot growing up, and though I did not, I know it was not easy. My kids have the chance to go Pre K to 12th grade in the same school with the same core group of pals...which is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results