shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding pendant/necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn, I was hoping you were a jeweller in the making.
1.gif

Remember my Lucida is petite (0.41). Maybe we could dangle a gemstone from it? Maybe the gemstone could be interchangeable?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Put a halo or bezel around it and call it bigger...
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link, but I''m afraid the halo will be bigger than the Lucida.
2.gif

The other half''s birthstone is aquamarine. I know I said I didn''t care for pear-shaped cuts. But, what do you think of inverting the Lucida and dropping a per-shape aqua from it? That way, I''d have something old and something blue. Plus, it''d combine our birthstones.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I like that idea. We need someone to photoshop this and take a look...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll ask Irina. You don't happen to be a photoshop whiz, do you?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Silly girl...not at all
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Irina''s working on it now. You think a pear-shape is the way to go given the earrings?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the time being, while Irina works her magic (ignore the yellow gold):

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I do think the pear shape would work well with the earrings.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any other shapes?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
With the Lucida? I think that's getting into too many different shapes.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be pretty if the chain was like a DBTY Tiffany necklace. This way you have tiny little shimmers all the way around your neck. Perhaps you could have a deisgn where the chains could be interchangeable so you can also dress the pendant down with a plain chain?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
So do I. But then I''ll have to buy more diamonds!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hey harriette! have you ever thought of a riveria necklace with a not to large tcw so that you just have a line of sparkle? it can be dressed up or down if you stay small and it would look great with just your studs, a nice tennis bracelet and a diamond eternity band when you want to be looking good but not fussy.

i had two quotes from signed pieces for a four and five carat necklace in platinum and it was not too bad. i looked in my file and i could not find the quotes but i''m sure if it might be something you were interested in they will be happy to give you one.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there! What''s a riviera necklace?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
sort of like a tennis bracelet around your neck but graduated. don''t you remember the large carat size necklace a group of women went together and bought a couple of years age. they each had an alloted time period to wear it before passing it to the next.

i also talked to whiteflash and they can make it also. i only mentioned signed pieces since i think i got the best price from them. but who knows now, if you like them ask both. i have purchased from both and can recommend either.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Harriet,

I had a look around at websites and the stores here, even tried some on and trying to imagine how they'd look on you and yr HW earrings (not an easy task!
1.gif
) and finally came to the conclusion that anything with an intrincate design would totally take away from yr beautiful ring, perhaps clash with the HW earrings and even yr dress (hope you don't mind my saying this). So I am thinking: keep it simple and elegant.

I like the idea of the riviera necklace.

Here are a few more ideas:

1) wear your pearl necklace, re-customised to accomodate a diamond pendant drop, perhaps with smaller pave. The drop can be pear-shaped or RB.

2) a diamond necklace with equal sized diamonds, but the diamonds should be smaller so as to be delicate whilst remaining blingy enough. But it would have a Tahiti pearl hanging from it, perhaps longish tending towards the shape of a drop of water (i.e not perfectly round). Not sure how much this would cost, prob on the higher side.

3) diamond necklace as above on its own.

4) diamond necklace with the pear-shaped aquamarine stone, like you're thinking.

5) just the pearl necklace alone, like you've already thought.

I was wondering, since you're having different receptions and are thinking of wearing different dresses (are you?), the necklace would depend on what you'll be wearing (the type/ style of the dress and not just the neckline). Would you not want to interchange the HW drops with yr studs ((both beatiful but carry slightly different looks). Also, would you be wearing the whole ensemble (the ring is a given, as is the watch, but the earrings and the necklace can change depending on the occassion/ the dress - do you not think?). Also, if a reception is a smaller event and you're wearing a shorter more streamlined dress then perhaps just the pearls by themselves or even if you go sans necklace, that'd be acceptable, even more preferable. Just my 2 cents.

I'd suggest that you go to the stores and try on a few necklaces / pendants on, with yr HW earrings (do you have them yet?) , yr pearls, yr studs, dresses that are as close as possible to the actual dress(es) you'd be wearing on the day (the latter I realise might be difficult) and see if you'd like the whole look.

Btw, it'd also depend on yr hair. How will you be wearing yr hair? Up or down? How long is yr hair? Will you be wearing a tiara? a hat? a veil? How will they look like?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon has a stunner of a Riviera on the home page of his site...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown 1,
Interesting story! But, again, I'd have to buy more diamonds.
5.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
LienTN,

Whoa again! Thanks for the due diligence. I like the idea of going sans necklace or with my pearl necklace (perhaps with an addition). More moolah for Huvanfen Fushi that way.
36.gif

I have a pretty chic bob (or so I think
1.gif
), and will wear my hair as per normal. I want to be comfortable for my wedding!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,

It's indeed a stunner, but it'll be way beyond my budget (I'm behaving!).

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
oh diamondfan, that is one great looking necklace! i am afraid it is out of my price range and two large for my lifestyle but i love it just the same. i would love to see it on someones''s neck.

harriette, i got caught up in the necklace talk and really did not think of it as a wedding piece (my stupidity). as has been discussed before you might even prefer no necklace depending on the choice of your dress and the hw earrings you will be wearing. i really got off on a brain tangent and was actually thinking of an overall good piece to have. you have lots of time to acquire more diamonds when wedding things aren''t top priority.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI...I was looking for a necklace, I spoke to Leon last week...had a lovely conversation. That necklace was sold, of course he could make one, but that one about 200,000.00 when he made it so it would likely be more now...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i liked it but not that much. all i would really want would be small tcw since i would wear it more often.

eta: df i think you need one. don't you have a special occasion coming up? do you know the tcw? thanks!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking for something sizeable, but am not a huge fan of Rivieras...I think I might get tired of it. In a much smaller, more delicate and wearable size, it would be fine, but though of course it is gorgeous it lacks a design element that I like...but his stuff is quite incredible...I think they are great as an everything but formal necklace when they are smaller...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I spoke to him he was not totally sure. I think it was btwn 35-40 carats. I have no occasion coming in the near future, my next one is about 18 months from now, but I did get a little something from hubby anyway
2.gif
36.gif
which was so nice. I love the shared necklace story, but what if you wanted it and it was not your "turn"? And what if you lost it when it was in your possession? But really I think it is a great way to get a nice necklace or other bling...smart thinking!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown1,
No worries, though now you''ve got me interested in a Riviera necklace.
2.gif
What''s the most delicate (read smallest) version you (or DF) have seen?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
df i could never get in a`shared deal like that. i also enjoyed the story but i see too many problems with such an arrangement.

harriette i have seen very few. they do have wg versions in the jewelry case at macy''s in my little remote area of the world. wf was able to send me pics from a catalogue that showed different sizes. they were so so for seeing what you wanted. i just decided that i wanted four or five tcw since my tennis bracelet is five and being sixteen inches instead of about 7 i thought the diamonds would just be sparkly and wearable often.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results