#JOTW Wedding Jewels (at last!)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no words!............THUD!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Aw man, now I'm going to have to resuscitate cushioncutnut too! :lol:

Thanks again everyone! Im particularly flattered that you enjoyed all the high karat gold, as I didn't think there would be much of an audience for that (apart from aficionados like Sharon and Deb of course!)

AN, alas I'm staying anonymous on PS, but I look forward to seeing your wedding pics in BWW! You will look gorgeous without doubt.

Variety is certainly the spice of life. I like all types of jewellery, and wish I could get more of my family to buy other stones but they are fixated on rubies, sapphires and emeralds. My mother ADORES rubies.

I've missed out the wedding pearls as I don't think we are allowed to post them outside the pearls forum.

But expect an update early next year, after my dearest grandmother gives me her wedding present. I would rather have a sliver of her jewellery more than anything else, but alas I think she will be tempted to buy me something new ;(

I am extremely lucky as we are BIG sharers in our family and I won't even take any of this jewellery abroad, as my aunts and cousins will happily let me raid their own collections. I'll sneak some photos of their swag for this thread when I'm there for your viewing pleasure :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

You have been a fantastic crowd, thank you and goodnight! :wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful collection...love all those gorgeous yellow gold jewels!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice collection!! Thanks for sharing with us!

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

OMG! I was expecting a lot.. but.. not this much! Wow! Everything is so unique and fun.
Congrats on your marriage and your new gifts too. You have such a nice collection. :love:

You know... a few years ago I would've been like *meh gold* .. but after seeing what excellent high carat gold looks like- I LOVE IT. I refused to wear any yellow gold before, but now I am liking all colors of gold. I don't own anything like that so it is really great seeing your pieces.

Again, thank you for sharing ::)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Um, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor :-o :-o :love: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Aboslutely gorgeous! Just amazing :love:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
AMAZING! What a lucky lady!

hsiaomee

Rough_Rock
I love your beautiful collection especially your original engagement ring. :love: May I ask where did you get that setting please? Thanks.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta! First of all - my congratulations! The ring and the wedding band and the necklace and the studs are beautiful. The ering is so wonderful - TDF!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosetta, your collection is stunning. I adore the traditional Indian pieces! The workmanship is exquisite. Thank you so much for posting these!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning collection! :love:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1314048507|2996844 said:
i saved the best for last (well they are one of my favourite sets anyway....)

wedding present from my parents.

diamonds and rubies in yellow gold, the photos don't do them justice. they are really gorgeous on.

No doubt. Wow!

I especially like the line necklace and the gold one with the cabochon rubies and emeralds too.

Thanks for sharing your bling with us! :appl:

starshine

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Beautiful jewels! Thanks for sharing! :appl: :love: :appl:

Do you wear your bezel band with your 3-stone? Would love pics of them together! =)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta, did you get a wedding present from your grandmother?

Your collection is jaw dropping! I had an Asian doctor the other week when I was in hospital and I noticed her earrings. I wondered for a split second if it was you. High karat gold is so beautiful in real life!

BaylorSays

Rough_Rock
Porridge|1314124280|2997549 said:
If I didn't have skin the colour of gone-off milk I would be trying to sneakily sidle into your culture :cheeky:

OMG, I know I'm more than a year late but this line just made me laugh so hard I nearly tee-tee'd. HAHAHA!

Rosetta how AMAZING is your collection...I'm so so glad I found this thread! All of your pieces are truly stunning, but I find myself particularly infatuated with all of your gorgeous bangles. YUMMO! I wish we were besties and neighbors. :D

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rhea,

Since you resuscitated the thread, you get some pics!

Yes, I did get my wedding present from my gran. The only pic I have is one from the wedding. Its the bangle closest to my hand, yellow gold and red and green enamel. It's beautiful in real life and I can totally wear it on its own. The other bangles are from my inlaws and the two biggest ones are from my husband's paternal grandmother, whom we sadly lost earlier this year :blackeye:

granny.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Here are the rosecut diamond bangles my husband bought as a wedding presents (I mentioned them earlier in the thread but never posted photos). I really like the screw and hinge system, it keeps the bangles close to my wrist. They are some of my favourites!

_2368.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I thought i'd post some earrings I bought with some of the money we got as wedding presents. Diaomonds, 18k gold and pearls

_2369.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I also promised some photos of my family's jewels. I've posted this photo before, but the white and yellow gold bangles are from my aunt's vast collection.

ETA: and there is my granny's gift again!

more_gold_0.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
And lastly, just to show you how jewellery fixated our culture is....

I'm wearing my aunt's (this is another aunt, I have seven!) gold and ruby collar necklace. And I'm contemplating whether I'm too underblinged. Perhaps I need to add my other aunt's vintage pearl, gold and ruby long necklace on top?

(I came to my senses and stuck to the one I had on already! :bigsmile: )

decsions.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hope you enjoyed the updates Rhea! It wasn't me, I am completely unblinged at work, I don't like to distract from my work and rings pose an infection risk :))

And thank you so much BaylorSays and EVERYONE else for your interest!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
OMG, Rosetta! Your juwelry is unbelievable! I am so happy to see this thread, and your new pictures are sooooo beautiful! :love: :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much Efriede, glad you enjoyed the updates! :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Utter perfection!!!

And you are so beautiful too!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What ring are you wearing in these pictures? Doesn't appear to be either of your erings but rather an EC with trillion sides maybe?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Just seen this thread! Rosetta, you are a dark horse! When we were doing the shots of all our jewellery together a few months ago, and you and I were talking, you never mentioned that these amazing photos existed, and also on that silly thread that "someone" started about asking how good-looking we all are, you went on at length about how ugly you are - but you're clearly beautiful!

I don't think you're a doctor at all. I think you're a princess!

Seriously, there are no words to describe your jewellery. I don't think anyone on PS has a collection like this.

I'm also interested to know about your emerald-cut ring - which looks DELICIOUS!

Tell us about it, Princess Doctor Rosetta! :lol:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I must have been died and gone to yellow gold heaven :love: :love: Spectacular piece of arts! In Your situation I'd propably living in bank vault :lol: I can't find words to describe my feelings of Your collection...

airdancer

Rough_Rock
Hi Rosetta,

I came across this thread when browsing the pricescope pinterest board. I particularly love the traditional yellow gold pieces. They are gorgeous and intricate. Thank you for sharing! Amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results