shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Stress, looking at two, looking for more,.........

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am STUNNED that the bridal salon did that. I would call you CC RIGHT AWAY and put a stop payment on it. Did you sign anything saying that you would buy it? What they did is SOOOOOOOOOO wrong. Wow. I feel so bad for you.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You don''t have to pay for anything!! You didn''t order it, it''s the salon''s fault that they jumped the gun. Call back right now and tell them that they do not have authorization to charge your card. Once you hang up, call the CC company and tell them to stop the payment from the salon. Jeez!!
29.gif
Everyone is right, if they charge your card, it''s illegal.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap that is so illegal. I would be flipping out if somebody told me that just because I said I loved something, I''d bought it - please don''t let them take advantage of you, you seem like a really nice person, but they''ve done something VERY wrong.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 12:19:01 PM
Author: EmDressage
Yay! Did a little jig around my office about it, so yes, it''s the one; I just called and had the bridal boutique owner order it for me. I do trust them, she said that they and the Demetrios designer would ''take care of everything'' for me, so I only have a little bit of worry, but that''s just me worrying. I do trust them to get it done for me, and if it isn''t, well, I think they will know! Haha.

Anyway, the only thing is that they will be shipping it ( at the earliest) in August, which is very close to wedding date, but they assure me it will be OK and the alterations can be done then in time. Sooooo I will be waiting, and getting everything else done for wedding stuff now! I''ll let yall know when it comes in, etc.

So excited, cannot see why they have to wait so long to get it in!!!! Ah, it''s going to drive me crazy if I don''t move on to every other aspect of the wedding,........
36.gif

I am confused - in this post you said you called and had the bridal boutique owner order the dress for you and in your latest post you said you told her you wanted to think about it. If you did indeed order it, I think you are stuck with it and my best advice is to try to sell it to recoup some money.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
EFF THAT! Call the CC and put a stop payment on it!

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Well, good to know I am not over-reacting here! Now, I did just pay $200 to them as a 'downpayment' b/c I did think that she was going to! Had no idea what else to do. So, not so sure what to do now, or if I can ask for it back, etc. Any thoughts? I am just at a loss, not sure what to do. I guess I will look around tomorrow with moh (little sister) and IF I do find something, I will call them and make a big deal of it all, if we don't find something, then I do love the dress, but again, my 'thing' with it was it is just too expensive. *sigh*
So, totally unsure here, what do I need to do? Bridal boutique is closed, and I did make a $200 downpayment to them via cc over the phone b/c I felt like I had no choice (was in tears, just not sure wtf to do,..... ) in the matter and would lose $$ as a result. Do I have a right to the $200 I paid today? The 'bb' has a 'no refunds/returns' policy, so I might be screwed here,..........ahhhhhhh! If I could cancel that payment via cc, then call the bb tomorrow AM ( 11AM - open to 6 PM ) and inform them I cannot afford this dress, at all, that I cancelled the payment ( if I can??? and how???? ) and,........what?? Thanks for the support, just so unsure and clueless about what to do here.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
*just to respond to someone''s post about ordering*
Yeah, I posted that before I called them about ordering it, never did get around to calling them. The only thing I told them was that I loved it and it was the one,never signed anything or gave the official ''go ahead''.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 6:46:41 PM

Yeah, I posted that before I called them about ordering it, never did get around to calling them. The only thing I told them was that I loved it and it was the one,never signed anything or gave the official ''go ahead''.

If you really don''t want to spend that amount on a dress, then you need to call and stop the transaction. It is a big deal, not just for you, but that salon waaaay overstepped their bounds...if they did this to you, sounds like it may be their way of bullying other brides into purchases as well. It needs to stop, but only you can do that for yourself.

Good thing you weren''t looking at BMW''s! You might be goaded into buying one of those too!
2.gif
Seriously though...I''d stop it now, just because I wouldn''t want to deal with or pay my hard earned money to a salon who obviously feels they can take advantage of a prospective customer that way. I would really be leery of anything they did from that point forward. Cut your ties and find another place to do business with...these people are shady.
40.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I agree with what has been said above, call the CC company and cancel that transaction and then run away from that BB as fast as you can. I can''t belive they did that to you, they don''t deserve to be rewarded for their bullying.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 6:55:00 PM
Author: Ara Ann

If you really don''t want to spend that amount on a dress, then you need to call and stop the transaction. It is a big deal, not just for you, but that salon waaaay overstepped their bounds...if they did this to you, sounds like it may be their way of bullying other brides into purchases as well. It needs to stop, but only you can do that for yourself.

Good thing you weren''t looking at BMW''s! You might be goaded into buying one of those too!
2.gif
Seriously though...I''d stop it now, just because I wouldn''t want to deal with or pay my hard earned money to a salon who obviously feels they can take advantage of a prospective customer that way. I would really be leery of anything they did from that point forward. Cut your ties and find another place to do business with...these people are shady.
40.gif

Ara, I totally agree. (and I agree about the BMW''s, though I am more car-savvy than dress-savvy, that''s for sure! This is not my area of expertise, by far!! Obviously!!!!)
Ok yall, going to talk with FI as soon as he gets home about this and cancel that transaction. I did just check my account, and the transaction went through, so,........going to call cc company tonight and cancel it ( never having done this before, any tips? I''m guessing I just call them *actually a debit card, but same idea here* to cancel that specific transaction. Think I should put a hold on the account as well? ) and then call the bb tomorrow and let them know I cannot pay for it, cancelled the transaction and I will just eat the $50 I spent to ship the sample to try it on. The bb did say they would take $20 out of the $50 of ''shipping the sample'' to put towards my dress payment (so I have 220 down, technically on the dress in two seperate transactions, one of $50 from last week and then one of $200 from today) but think I should even try to get that $20 back? I suppose that was contingent upon the fact that I was going to buy the dress, so I suppose not. Just thought I''d throw that in for yall to know as well.
Thanks, any and all add''t. thoughts/advice are so welcome. Sheesh, I am such a wreck at this, and this was the ''first'' thing I was doing for this wedding- I feel like I have nothing really accomplished for this and yet, our wedding is this Oct. Anyone want to plan the rest of my wedding for me? Ha-ha.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Update on the situation. Because I used my debit card, the bank/company cannot cancel it. I didn''t know that.
So, the only thing I can do is have the ''merchant'' ( bb ) ''cancel'' it. Great. What do I do? Right now, I am thinking my only options would be to:
1). Let it be, buy the darn thing and then sell it immediately. (FI''s idea)
2). See if the bb will make an exception (ha-ha,....) and return the $200- and keep the $50-.
3). Will the bb ''buy'' the dress from me?
AH! I have no idea.
Getting out the shot glasses now,..........anyone wanna join in?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 7:37:14 PM
Date: 6/17/2010 6:55:00 PM

Author: Ara Ann

*just to respond to someone's post about ordering*

Yeah, I posted that before I called them about ordering it, never did get around to calling them. The only thing I told them was that I loved it and it was the one,never signed anything or gave the official 'go ahead'.

If you really don't want to spend that amount on a dress, then you need to call and stop the transaction. It is a big deal, not just for you, but that salon waaaay overstepped their bounds...if they did this to you, sounds like it may be their way of bullying other brides into purchases as well. It needs to stop, but only you can do that for yourself.

Good thing you weren't looking at BMW's! You might be goaded into buying one of those too!
2.gif
Seriously though...I'd stop it now, just because I wouldn't want to deal with or pay my hard earned money to a salon who obviously feels they can take advantage of a prospective customer that way. I would really be leery of anything they did from that point forward. Cut your ties and find another place to do business with...these people are shady.
40.gif

Ara, I totally agree. (and I agree about the BMW's, though I am more car-savvy than dress-savvy, that's for sure! This is not my area of expertise, by far!! Obviously!!!!)

Ok yall, going to talk with FI as soon as he gets home about this and cancel that transaction. I did just check my account, and the transaction went through, so,........going to call cc company tonight and cancel it ( never having done this before, any tips? I'm guessing I just call them *actually a debit card, but same idea here* to cancel that specific transaction. Think I should put a hold on the account as well? ) and then call the bb tomorrow and let them know I cannot pay for it, cancelled the transaction and I will just eat the $50 I spent to ship the sample to try it on. The bb did say they would take $20 out of the $50 of 'shipping the sample' to put towards my dress payment (so I have 220 down, technically on the dress in two seperate transactions, one of $50 from last week and then one of $200 from today) but think I should even try to get that $20 back? I suppose that was contingent upon the fact that I was going to buy the dress, so I suppose not. Just thought I'd throw that in for yall to know as well.

Thanks, any and all add't. thoughts/advice are so welcome. Sheesh, I am such a wreck at this, and this was the 'first' thing I was doing for this wedding- I feel like I have nothing really accomplished for this and yet, our wedding is this Oct. Anyone want to plan the rest of my wedding for me? Ha-ha.

Well...the debit card angle may change things a bit. I don't think you have the same protection on transactions on a debit card as you do a credit card. You may have to do a return/refund through the bridal salon directly, rather than making a call to your bank to cancel this. Call your bank ASAP and ask what your rights are. If the salon had gone ahead and charged your account, without your permission, the bank should cancel for you...but since you authorized the deposit, it may be stickier now. Hope it works out.
37.gif

Whoops, I posted at the same time you did. And you found out exactly what I had thought may happen.

If I were you, I would go in and ask for a refund...simply because how they treated you in the first place was wrong and I wouldn't want to deal with them.

Also, you will not get the full price for the dress if you try to resell it, even if it's brand new...not much of a profit in 'used' wedding gowns, (if they are used or not). If you can not cancel the order and have to take the gown, at that point, you'd be better off keeping the gown and wearing it yourself.

Hope they will agree to a refund...technically they still should, since you never signed anything. You could always call your local news station to complain too and tell them she strong armed you into ordering this dress, stores do not like bad publicity.
38.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
What they did was illegal, so contact the better buisness bureau. They will give you advice and if the shop won''t help you, report them. You should only owe them the $50 for the sample to come in.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 10:22:12 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
What they did was illegal, so contact the better buisness bureau. They will give you advice and if the shop won''t help you, report them. You should only owe them the $50 for the sample to come in.
Do this and don''t hesitate. Call the BBB the first thing in the morning. Hopefully the salon will know whats good for them and just cancel your transaction and give you back the money. They may be stuck with a dress but they can use it as a sample.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in for an update. I hope you''ve been able to work things out.

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
Wow, I got caught up in all this drama too - now I want to know the update as well. What''s the status?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FLUFFY!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results