shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Stress, looking at two, looking for more,.........

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Tough decision. They''re both beautiful! I love the fluffy, personally.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the last dress linked (Cosmobella) - a great twist on traditional :)

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
*update*
Soooo, after a lot of thinking and some more searching and etc. and always going back to the cosmobella, style 7348-the last one I linked provided by brazen-I believe.
Anyway, decided to have the loaner shipped here. Found a place closer than the original place to get it shipped to, etc. so that's good. Still had to pay $50 out of my pocket to get the loaner dress here to TRY ON. Well, came in today. Got over there this evening, put it on, and I really love it. I am going back tomorrow to get some photos ( so I can post! ), but I really do like this one. Much better. The only little think that irks me a bit is the loaner is quite 'used', and I do not think it's ivory. It's too dark, like perhaps a champagne, but it comes in gold as well, so possibly the gold?? The photo of it (linked) is a lot lighter, but still 'ivory' looking, so hopefully this loaner is gold, not ivory, as it is a bit dark. Also, the flowers on the side, that I LOVE so much, are apparently able to be taken off and were taken off this loaner dress. So boo. No flowers to see on this one but the sales girl did assure me they would come with the dress.
Well, I just wanted to update. So very excited- I am going over there (11AM is when they open!!) as soon as they are open to try it on again and get a ton of photos to look at and bring home with me to think about, but I do really love it.
THANK YOU!
I will keep you updated.
So excited I might be able to actually 'get something done' for this wedding coming up this fall! Sheesh! Waiting on so much to get done that is out of my hands, I like to be able to 'get it done' please!
Ha-ha.
Ok, enough rambling. I'll definitely try to get some photos up tomorrow of the dress and me for yall to see what you think and whatever.
-Em
35.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the fluffy one. I think you look fabulous in it.

However, it seems that you are torn, and that means you should probably keep looking.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fluffy dress!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you in the Cosmobella gown! Its really gorgeous! I think BIH''s advice to you was great and I''m glad you''re still looking around (even though it seems that your wedding is close!) Hopefully this is THE ONE!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t wait to see the dress today! hope it meets all of your expectations, em!

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Yay, photos.
Ok, first off, before you look, disclaimer,......;-).

1). The loaner I have on is gold, not ivory. So, it was a bit darker (the photos are kind of wonky anyway, so I do not think it matters, but just to let you know).
2). Got some OK photos, not great, but the lady in there tried. ;-)
3). The flowers are NOT on the side, they had been removed previously.
4). I look so much fatter (esp. my upper arms!) than I am. I swear. Arg! I just want to rip my hair out looking at these!!! I hate photos of myself,..........not photogenic, in my opinion.
5). It was SO wrinkled and not laid out nicely in these, so please bear with. Refer to this photo for actual layout and with no wrinkles,...........arg.
Haha, ok,.......*whew*. Now that''s off my chest, here are the photos, in no order. Sorry about the crazy lighting and angles, etc.
Also, just to note, I did not have any shoes on, so this is me barefooted.
This first photo is the actual dress I will be ordering if I get this dress- ivory, with flowers, no wrinkles!!
Thanks!
-Em

cosmobella_7348_fshm.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
From the side.
I think it''s too big around the top,.....it swallows my boobs.

EmphotosII 013.jpg1.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
The back, corset.
The lady (taking photo-also the owner of the bridal boutique/shop) said she did not have the corset tight enough, or did not have the lacing quite right, so forgive that. I had it on yesterday for a sec. and there was a girl there who did it correctly, and it was much neater.

EmphotosII 014.jpg1.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Like my editing via paint?? Haha, so, supposed to show with the arrows and dots how the train and ruffled edges wrap around, instead of where they are in the photo-tucked up underneath.

EmphotosII 015.jpg1.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Front. I was flipping my hair or w/e,.......am I really that wide?!?!?! Forgive the lighting, and the tan lines. Haha, no those are not straps. That is me. Tanning booth here I come for an 'even' tan. all over.
I ride horses, so got the typical 'riders' tan lines. ;-)

EmphotosII 016.jpg1.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Front. Dorky grin. Again with the lighting.
and tan lines.

Just to put it out there, what on earth are you supposed to do with your arms/hands!? I tend to hold onto myself b/c I have not idea. Haha.

EmphotosII 017.jpg1.jpg

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
This is it (and another one I saw in the window I had her pull for the heck of it, just to see-it was not even close to this one, a no-go. Also, way over-budget,.......) on the left. You can see the ''true'' colour of it a bit better here. The one on the right was called an ''off-white'' ( similar to ivory ) to compare.

Ok,........*holding breath*, what do you think? Be honest. Deadly honest. I can take it. I think.
35.gif

EmphotosII 02012.JPG

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 7:18:38 PM
Author: EmDressage

Ok,........*holding breath*, what do you think? Be honest. Deadly honest. I can take it. I think.

35.gif

i think it looks great on you! i wish she would have straightened out the bottom & the train for photos, but, hey what can ya do? i think it''s this dress takes the parts of the two other dresses you were deciding between & combines them---SCORE!

the question is: WHAT DO YOU THINK? (i''m dying to hear. seems like you liked it though---did it live up to all your expectations?) also, are you getting married this fall or next fall, just curious?

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
I love it. I think the little details I was irked with by the loaner are things the actual dress I order will not have, such as: colour difference, wrinkles (ha-ha,......easily fixed, right?), the flowers, and getting the top to fit correctly, instead of stand out too large and not against my skin.
I think I get so freakin' worried about what everyone else thinks,.......ah! again. Sheesh. and I told myself I wouldnt do that. OK, so, well, I love it. I really do. It just fits me. I feel so comfortable in it and I feel like it will describe me (the one I get, not nec. the loaner we're talkin' about here!!).
Thanks guys. Comments/suggestions appreciated.
:)

Edited to say:
Yes, we moved the date to this fall, instead of next. So, yes, I need to get a move on, right?!?!
;-)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2010 7:59:12 PM
I love it. I think the little details I was irked with by the loaner are things the actual dress I order will not have, such as: colour difference, wrinkles (ha-ha,......easily fixed, right?), the flowers, and getting the top to fit correctly, instead of stand out too large and not against my skin.

I think I get so freakin'' worried about what everyone else thinks,.......ah! again. Sheesh. and I told myself I wouldnt do that. OK, so, well, I love it. I really do. It just fits me. I feel so comfortable in it and I feel like it will describe me (the one I get, not nec. the loaner we''re talkin'' about here!!).

Thanks guys. Comments/suggestions appreciated.

:)

Edited to say:

Yes, we moved the date to this fall, instead of next. So, yes, I need to get a move on, right?!?!

;-)

well, i think you have your answer then!
also, i''m a fall bride too! my dress just came in today but other than that, i feel really behind, so i feel your pain!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thumbs up from me. The detail on the bodice really gives you and awsome shape in that dress and I can imagine when it is altered to fit you perfectly etc it will look fab.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
This does so much more for your figure and will heels, I think you will be set. I did the same thing. Found a dress, kept thinking about it and thinking about it and I knew it had to be the one if it stuck with me that much. I did get it and I loved it. You could buy a dress everyone says is perfect, but you are unsure on, and it won''t look right, because you won''t be rocking it. As for your concerns about color and the like, does the dress store say it will be ok and do you trust them? If not, have you contacted the dressmaker?

If you think you can do better, keep looking. If ever other dress is going to be measured agianst this dress, go for it!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love it on you! It did exactly what BIH said it would- lengthened! YOU are wearing that dress, not the opposite way. Its unique and interesting and lovely! If you don''t think you can do better, definitely for it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The ruffles add a playful touch peeking out there. Congrats on finding the one!
36.gif

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Yay! Did a little jig around my office about it, so yes, it''s the one; I just called and had the bridal boutique owner order it for me. I do trust them, she said that they and the Demetrios designer would ''take care of everything'' for me, so I only have a little bit of worry, but that''s just me worrying. I do trust them to get it done for me, and if it isn''t, well, I think they will know! Haha.
Anyway, the only thing is that they will be shipping it ( at the earliest) in August, which is very close to wedding date, but they assure me it will be OK and the alterations can be done then in time. Sooooo I will be waiting, and getting everything else done for wedding stuff now! I''ll let yall know when it comes in, etc.
So excited, cannot see why they have to wait so long to get it in!!!! Ah, it''s going to drive me crazy if I don''t move on to every other aspect of the wedding,........
36.gif

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Am I going crazy or what? Forgive my ''back and forth'' on this yall, I am just venting a bit and getting some advice, perhaps?? Yall have been so good, so thanks in advance for ''listening'' to my crazy stuff.

Ok, so,.......some stuff ( shitty stuff, as in, some ''doors being closed in my life, some opportunities being given but no real doors to get them have opened yet'' sort of thing, if that makes any sense, I can go into greater detail if you like, but just to save yall the trouble of reading a novel-haha. Seriously though. ) has come up in my life-professional life, that is, that has me looking at $$ more now and seeing where I can save up more/ cut costs, etc. for later to ''get some new opportunities'' and be able to afford them.
(as in, perhaps buying a small place to have my horses/clients/training out of, with 8-10 acres and a small barn/house, trails around/arena for dressage-or a good place for us to put on in at-, and the necessities for a Dressage rider, as in, mirrors at the arena, etc. before I go to vet-school, IF I do, etc. etc. etc. etc. LONG story, lots of ''unknowns'' and unsure things right now in my life, just working on what I need to do,.......)

And of course, the wedding plans we were making were going to be costing us 4-8K. Eck.
32.gif

I was OK with it at first, but I am not now.

I think we should put our $$ to better use where we will NEED it to be and give us a better lifestyle and start than spending $$ on frivolous things like a (very nice!!!!) dress, etc.

I have not purchased the gown yet-went out of town (on business work/professional) this past weekend and got calls from the bridal boutique all weekend about getting my credit card # to order the dress. Called them back Mon. to say I was out of town ( left a msg ) and that I would call them once I had a chance to. I had said yes to this, but have not ordered it yet, as I am now unsure about spending 1K on a dress I will wear once, then to have to spend more $$ ( was the plan, if they could do it later on,.......) to have it altered into something (top or dress?) I could wear after the wedding, so it wouldn''t nec. be a one-time purchase.

Anyway, have been thinking a lot about this and an idea came to me about what if I got a simpler, shorter, mostly white nice looking dress (like from whitehouseblackmarket.com??) that I could wear as a wedding dress ( buy one or two, perhaps one white for ceremony and one black and white, or etc. ) and then use later as a cool nice dress for formal things??

Thoughts? (As a side note, what kind of styles are best for my body type?? Patterns/lengths???? Any/all advice from those who know this is welcome!!!!)

The plan would be, instead of a "larger" more formal, long white dress (southern victorian style stuff) and fomal (rented) tux ((with tails was the plan)), to have the wedding at the plantation house we have for the venue and then the reception following, to have a very small ceremony with immediate family and 1 MOH (my sister) and 1 BM (his brother), at a small southern church ( his original idea, to have a church wedding ) that afternoon, with him in a nice suit we could BUY for him, and me in a simpler shorter dress (sounds more like us, more relaxed, laid back, easy, simple, beautiful, southern elegant sort of feel going here ), then, that evening, have a larger ''reception/celebration'' with family and friends at the southern plantation house that later afternoon/evening. I guess I feel like that would cut costs for us and be a bit more practical, which I am all about being.

Any thoughts? Do I need to start a new thread? I just hate to ''fill up'' the board with a bunch of threads when I have this one going. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
-Em
26.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
If you love white house/black market (and who doesn''t?!) I''m sure you saw their limited-ed. wedding dress. It''s really gorgeous, if $500 fits in your budget better than $1,000.

What other ladies here have done is shop for an ivory or white bridesmaid dress to use as a wedding gown. Many of them are under $200 and look very bridal in style. That would be a way to get the "long white dress" without spending the $$$$. Also, BCBG has some lovely dresses that can and have been used as wedding gowns by ladies here. Nordstrom''s also has a great collection of bridal dresses in all ranges of styles: Link to Nordstrom''s Wedding Shop

I completely respect you wanting to repurpose the money for your future! One suggestion to save some money is to have the ceremony in the middle of the day or late morning, and then immediately afterwards a lovely tea luncheon with finger sandwiches and champagne for your guests. The ladies can wear hats, which is always fun and very southern, and since you won''t be spending on dinner for everybody you can put that money towards great decor/flowers and music. This is how elegant society weddings used to be done, before the evening/dinner wedding took over, and absolutely nobody could fault you.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 7:54:38 AM
The plan would be, instead of a ''larger'' more formal, long white dress (southern victorian style stuff) and fomal (rented) tux ((with tails was the plan)), to have the wedding at the plantation house we have for the venue and then the reception following, to have a very small ceremony with immediate family and 1 MOH (my sister) and 1 BM (his brother), at a small southern church ( his original idea, to have a church wedding ) that afternoon, with him in a nice suit we could BUY for him, and me in a simpler shorter dress (sounds more like us, more relaxed, laid back, easy, simple, beautiful, southern elegant sort of feel going here ), then, that evening, have a larger ''reception/celebration'' with family and friends at the southern plantation house that later afternoon/evening. I guess I feel like that would cut costs for us and be a bit more practical, which I am all about being.

Any thoughts? Do I need to start a new thread? I just hate to ''fill up'' the board with a bunch of threads when I have this one going. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
-Em
26.gif
Sorry to hear you won''t be buying the gorgeous dress, but I totally understand where you''re coming from with wanting to use the money elsewhere. We were originally planning a large and fairly expensive wedding and ended up downsizing to a super close friends and family only thing (35 people total including us and the priest) dinner reception. It was really lovely.

I do want to sort of point something out here though. From what I gather, you want to have a super small ceremony and then a big party following in order to attempt to save money. Maybe I''m wrong, but won''t the ceremony cost the same whether there are 150 people there or 10 people there? Its the reception that will cost the money. If you want to save a lot of money on the wedding, cut the reception guest list. I was trying to understand where you might have figured that a small exclusive ceremony would save money and then I thought, "Maybe she thinks that if she has a big, heavily attended wedding ceremony she will need to have a big formal dress?
33.gif
? Not buying a traditional wedding gown will certainly save money." If this is the case, don''t feel like you *must* wear a "real" wedding gown! Where whatever makes you feel comfortable and beautiful. You can certainly achieved that with a $200 ivory bridesmaid''s dress or white dress from WHBM.com. I guess what I''m trying to say here is that you may encounter some bitter responses to the small ceremony/big reception thing. As much as you want to think that people will understand, there will be some that won''t. Just a heads up.
1.gif

Don''t feel like you have to apologize for flip flopping. If you journey back through my old threads from over a year ago you''ll see how much I did just that (about dresses, venues, everything). PS is a great place to bounce ideas off of people in a similar situation and get some honest feedback.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments; yes, I am going to go back and forth.
But, update on the dress, really to vent, thanks in advance here.
Bridal boutique with the cosmobella dress called me today and asked for a down payment on it. I said I was waiting until next week to decide. They proceeded to tell me that because I had said 'it was the one, I loved it' when I was in there trying it on, they went ahead and ordered it for me and that it was in production now for me. No turning back.
So, long story short, they cannot 'stop' production for it, and I am now stuck with a great, but 'too much' dress that I am paying for now. Bye 1K.
Anyway, said I could do a payment on it, so put down $200- now. She said she had my cc# from the shipping (hinting that she 'could' pay for it from that, but wanted to have me give it to her, well,.......duh. ) So, in tears, (before the payment), called my dear FI who said no worries, get it in, pay for it, if it comes in and we do not (I do not,.......meaning 'me'), like it or feel unhappy with it, we will sell it. ( meaning, if it's too much $$ by then still ). SO, damn. I am looking (was planning on) for 'new' dresses tomorrow afternoon with my moh, my little sister, so we will prob. just do that still, just to see what we find, and if it comes in ( in 9/10/2010!!!!!! ) and I am not happy with the $ situation or dress, or find something better off a rack, we will be able to go to it and sell this cosmobella. Sheesh. what a saga.
So, I feel a little sick about it all, really. I am so very against this now, spending 1K, which FI says is not that much $$ for a dress so it's OK and to be happy with it, but yikes! 1K is a lot to me, esp. with some stuff that has come around with my job (training/riding horses and working at a local barn ) that are not so great and etc. I am being, or trying to be, a bit more cautious with $, and the wedding seems to be such a huge expense. FI's mother, whom I adore, said (in response to this), 'you only get married once, it's OK'.
I guess I would just feel better about it all if I could 'get out of it'. Commitment-phob much????
Any thoughts? I would think you could call the productions and ask them to stop production on it, as she has been in touch with them since Day-1,.......but apparently they cannot.
*sigh*
32.gif
38.gif
23.gif
32.gif

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
I have not been really following this story, but I just wanted to reply to your last post. Unless you signed some form of order form for the dress, it was their mistake to put in the order. You DO NOT have to pay for it. It would be illegal for them to use your credit card that you used for a separate purchase to pay for the dress. If you do not want it, you should not pay for it. That is just my 2 cents.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 3:03:52 PM
Author: so cal girl
I have not been really following this story, but I just wanted to reply to your last post. Unless you signed some form of order form for the dress, it was their mistake to put in the order. You DO NOT have to pay for it. It would be illegal for them to use your credit card that you used for a separate purchase to pay for the dress. If you do not want it, you should not pay for it. That is just my 2 cents.
Agree...if you did not authorize the use of your cc for ordering the dress then I think what they did would be illegal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results