shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 9:39:59 AM
Author: karasue91
Well I''m sure everyone is sick of my dress drama, but I''m just so excited I figured I might as well post it on the dress thread!!

07%20Erin%20Weekend%20034%20blurred%20resized.JPG
Oddly enough, though I don''t usually advocate spending additional $$ on dress 2 or 3 or 4 in the search for perfection, you were right about the Dora. It IS the dress for you. You look sensational in it!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 9:16:01 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Yay! I can finally post a pic me in my dress in a dress thread! hehe...Please excuse the massive-ness of the top - and the hem. Man, I''m a short little lady...So, here''s she is in all her glory (not laced up in the back, too big, and too long)!!! I guess I''ll start alterations within the next couple of months?? hmmm....

ETA - Gosh that pic is HUGE!!! SORRY
I love the hemline of this dress! That''s what sets it apart and makes it truly unique among the pick-up styles; I''ve never seen the sheer lace at the bottom before. Beautiful dress!

urban venus

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I already posted one picture of my dress-- but I had my second fitting last night and am dying to show someone! (Plus it feels different when it is the actual dress you will be wearing on your wedding and not the sample dress from the store!
2.gif
)

00987654321.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Urban I love you dress! Who is the designer... very simply elegant!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Urban, it looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

MarksGirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 3:44:39 PM
Author: jennarlt

Date: 12/12/2007 9:39:59 AM
Well I''m sure everyone is sick of my dress drama, but I''m just so excited I figured I might as well post it on the dress thread!!

07%20Erin%20Weekend%20034%20blurred%20resized.JPG
Not sick of the drama at all! You can post your dress over and over again as it just looks so beautiful on you. I didn''t post in your other thread, but this dress is absolutely perfect for you!
Karasue! This dress is PERFECT on you! I love the sweetheart neckline!!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 4:00:01 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 12/12/2007 9:16:01 AM
Author: Cleopatra
Yay! I can finally post a pic me in my dress in a dress thread! hehe...Please excuse the massive-ness of the top - and the hem. Man, I'm a short little lady...So, here's she is in all her glory (not laced up in the back, too big, and too long)!!! I guess I'll start alterations within the next couple of months?? hmmm....

ETA - Gosh that pic is HUGE!!! SORRY
I love the hemline of this dress! That's what sets it apart and makes it truly unique among the pick-up styles; I've never seen the sheer lace at the bottom before. Beautiful dress!
Thanks so much Holly! I know pickups aren't exactly popular here on PS - and I never set out to find a dress with pickups, but I adored this dress for the same reason. The lace makes it so unique and fun! Thanks a whole bunch!

Urban! That dress is dreamy!!! WOW!
30.gif
30.gif

urban venus

Rough_Rock
blueyes157- The designer is Barbara Allin (http://www.barbraallinbridal.com/). She is the in house designer at Becker's Bridal in Toronto. I am told she designed the dress for her own daughter's wedding last summer!

Thanks Mandarine & Cleo! I am so excited!!!! Only 16 days until the wedding!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Marksgirl: that''s a very interesting looking dress. I would love to see a closer, clearer picture of it.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I can finally post my FINAL dress selection too! It''s amazing how crazy the dress hunt can make you! I''m not sure this pic is the best representation of how it will look when it comes in my size, but it''s the best I could do for now. I had the skirt waist rolled to bring the length up, so the actual skirt will lay much flatter through the stomach area, and have a more snug trumpet shape. I also ordered it with a slightly smaller ruffle. I''ll make sure to post a pic when mine arrives in April. I am so excited...this dress is really so much more me!

RK Ruffle dress for internet from side.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
jennarlt, HollyS, MarksGirl - thank you so much!! I am so happy I bought the dress.

MarksGirl, I also can''t wait for pics of the actual dress!! The dresses always look so much better on a real person than the models.

UrbanVenus - I didn''t say anything earlier, but your dress is absolutely stunning. You have the perfect tiny little waist for it, and the top is so flattering. What a great choice!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
FacetFire, I meant to say something before, your dress is gorgeous. So couture. I can't wait to see the real thing on you, and I want to see some pics from straight on too!! From the pic I can't tell if the skirt is fitted or a-line!

OOhhh I think I found it on the website!! And OMG I love the veil she shows with it!!!

http://www.ramonakeveza.com under RUNWAY, then runway 2, and on the 7th page?

ETA: Actually I think it's the 8th page, 7th page is just a little different.

E Again TA: I'm retarded, here's a link http://www.ramonakeveza.com/runway/current/couture-02/15.htm

MarksGirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks girls! I''ll post pictures of me in it as soon as I can. I still can''t believe I forgot to take pictures of me in it!!!

It was a sample, so I''ve got it in at my parent''s house - I''ve just got to bring myself to take it out of the bag and the nice packaging they put it in! I''m very tall and the thing fits me like a glove - such a good thing because I really don''t have much extra $$ for tons of fittings!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 4:59:05 PM
FacetFire, I meant to say something before, your dress is gorgeous. So couture. I can''t wait to see the real thing on you, and I want to see some pics from straight on too!! From the pic I can''t tell if the skirt is fitted or a-line!

OOhhh I think I found it on the website!! And OMG I love the veil she shows with it!!!

http://www.ramonakeveza.com under RUNWAY, then runway 2, and on the 7th page?

ETA: Actually I think it''s the 8th page, 7th page is just a little different.

E Again TA: I''m retarded, here''s a link http://www.ramonakeveza.com/runway/current/couture-02/15.htm
Yup, that''s it! I have to be honest, I don''t really love it on her. Maybe it''s that huge veil on top of her head, or something.
41.gif
I''m attaching a pic from the front that I took on me. I will be getting it fitted through the hips and upper thighs, and possibly adding some crinoline to increase the flare at the bottom, so it will definitely be trumpet-shaped.

I''m so glad we both ended up with gowns we love the second time around!
36.gif

RK Ruffle dress for internet front.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 3:47:58 PM
Author: Mandarine
Here is mine

Renania by St Patrick (Pronovias)....

At the store (this was a size too big but they had it clipped in the back)

I adore your dress Mandarine!!!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow ladies, you all look so gorgeous in your gowns!

And facetfire, I love love love those ruffles!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have many pics yet from friends and family and I''m still (STILL!) away at training, so I don''t have time to start my pro and non pro pics threads, but I just wanted to quickly show a couple pics of my DRESS from the wedding day!!!!!!

LALdress2.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
and the side! Hopefully it's big enough...

LALdress1.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
This one shows the sparkle a bit ... I''ll start a better thread when I get some more pics!

dadandilal.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Sweetpea!! That gown is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS on you!!! Who is the designer?

You look so beautiful. Hurry and upload the wedding pics!!!!!! I am very excited to see them.

MarksGirl

Rough_Rock
Over the weekend, I found a better picture of my dress... Still not a picture of me in it, but a better picture than the previous one I posted. You can see the detail MUCH better in this one!
36.gif

THE dress (better picture)!.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
i think sweetpea''s dress is casablanca 1827

i hope i would recognize it, it''s my dress too :)

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
This is my dress....got it on Ebay for $199!

Watters_Ebay_Dress2.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! Who is the maker, and where are the pictures of YOU in it???
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Everyone looks so beautiful! Great dresses. I remember how big the older thread got, it was great to see all those dresses. Can''t wait to see this one grow!

NeatFreak - I love your dress! I''m not a fan of strapless (sorry everyone, just doesn''t work for me!) and the your dress neckline was beautiful!

Keep those dresses coming! Sorry, I have nothing to share since I''m still a LIW!
9.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
all these dresses are stunning. I can''t wait until I can start shopping for a dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I can add mine to this list! Angelina Faccenda style #1012 in color "natural" (no fittings yet, hence why the bust is too big and I''m holding it back in one pic)

noflash%20side.jpg

ladycieltrain.jpg

ladycielthedress6.jpg

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh...mine is a Watters discontinued style in cream organza with grossgrain ribbon body...I think it''s style 5061B.
I''m thinking of Dessy 2015 in chocolate brown for the bridesmaids........not sure if the colour will be too dark though. Would prefer a taupe/mocha colour but this dress doesn''t come in any other ''brown'' hue.
Opinions please girls?

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2015/?color=chocolate&colorid=144

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 6:08:16 AM
Author: hazel_eyes
Harleigh...mine is a Watters discontinued style in cream organza with grossgrain ribbon body...I think it's style 5061B.

I'm thinking of Dessy 2015 in chocolate brown for the bridesmaids........not sure if the colour will be too dark though. Would prefer a taupe/mocha colour but this dress doesn't come in any other 'brown' hue.

Opinions please girls?

Hazel, have you seen the BM dress in person yet? Visually, I think it's a great match to your dress. I can't say for sure it was the Dessy dress, as I didn't look at the tag and it could have been a knock-off, but the fabric really didn't seem very nice to me when I saw it at a bridal shop. My MOH tried on a couple other Dessy dresses and they were all really nice. Maybe I'm just not an organdy person, or maybe it wasn't a Dessy dress, but with any of them I would suggest going and seeing a BM dress in person before ordering. Quality can vary drastically. I'd also suggest you go see a swatch, since the chocolate brown might not be as dark as it looks online. I'd say they're only too dark if the rest of your wedding colors are already coordinated and the chocolate brown will clash with the other brown hues you're using.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 6:08:16 AM
Author: hazel_eyes
Harleigh...mine is a Watters discontinued style in cream organza with grossgrain ribbon body...I think it''s style 5061B.
I''m thinking of Dessy 2015 in chocolate brown for the bridesmaids........not sure if the colour will be too dark though. Would prefer a taupe/mocha colour but this dress doesn''t come in any other ''brown'' hue.
Opinions please girls?

Wow! I think those Dessy dresses would go perfectly with your dress! I love how well they match. I agree, you should definitely try to see them in person before making a decision. Let us know what you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results