shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Indy, bee*, shimmer, Sabine, ladyciel & mjso:

Here are some cool silver and purple votive holders that have an awesome purple glow...my friend used them in her wedding and I couldn''t think of how to describe them for you all, but happened to find a set on ebay and thought of you gals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-PURPLE-SILVER-VOTIVE-CANDLE-HOLDERS-HOLDER-FAVORS_W0QQitemZ160134525095QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20936QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

What do you think?

(Hope the picture attached correctly!)

1132737164423_1130704289954_purple.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 10:52:36 PM
Author: Harleigh

Here are some cool silver and purple votive holders that have an awesome purple glow...my friend used them in her wedding and I couldn''t think of how to describe them for you all, but happened to find a set on ebay and thought of you gals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-PURPLE-SILVER-VOTIVE-CANDLE-HOLDERS-HOLDER-FAVORS_W0QQitemZ160134525095QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20936QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

What do you think?

Oooh, thanks Harleigh, those are really different from anything I''ve seen before. Sadly, our venue doesn''t allow any candles. I''m hoping to find some kind of holders that would hide fake tealights well enough to avoid looking cheesy.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 10:06:11 PM
Author: K&L
I wanna play :)

My favorite color is green so there was no way I couldn''t use green. My bridesmaids dresses are the color shown. Originally I was thinking of doing a tealy blue color as an accent, but I decided on a lighter palette of greens and faint pinks. I don''t want to over do the whole pink and green thing, so mostly I will use black, white, and different shades of green. Pink will come in mostly just in flowers. You can see the soft colors in the bouquet. I am planning on having green tissue flowers hanging from the pergola that covers all the tables at my reception.

K&L --I LOVE your colors. Like you My Fav color is green. I got the ms kit for those flowers
2.gif
I was thinking of doing my centerpieces with those?
We might be doing a sim shade of green and a light blue-- like you would find in a hydrangea. It is sooo hard decide colors--- i love almost all colors
40.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 11:18:09 PM
Author: ladyciel

Date: 2/28/2008 10:52:36 PM
Author: Harleigh

What do you think?

Oooh, thanks Harleigh, those are really different from anything I''ve seen before. Sadly, our venue doesn''t allow any candles. I''m hoping to find some kind of holders that would hide fake tealights well enough to avoid looking cheesy.
You''re welcome, ladyciel! I believe she used the fake tealights (from the dollar store, no less!) inside the church and real tealights out, and I couldn''t tell the difference, though I don''t know that I was comparing them. They all looked lovely, though. These votive holders make me wish I was having a *real* reception with centerpieces, flowers, etc..., but sadly that is not the case, though if I find them in my colors, I may have to work them in somehow!

It seems a lot of venues are steering clear of candles now, so artificial flame we go! Best of luck finding something that works for you!

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 6:31:15 PM
Author: Pandora II
Here are mine:

Flowers are orange and yellow (our favourite flowers), I''m also using a lot of fruit and herbs.

My dress will be off-white and metallic gold with pearls.

Flowergirls will be in a greyish lavender - this one looks a bit more ''neon'' than it is - it''s quite a subtle colour (more like the lavendery blue in the painting)

All the colours are taken from the painting at the bottom which is HUGE - 27ft by 18ft - and is where the altar would be in a church (venue looks like a church but isn''t). It''s of the Battle of Hastings in 1066 - we are getting married in Battle Abbey which is on the site of the battle - hence the somewhat gory backdrop - FI and I love it!
That is sooooooooooooooo beautiful. I love your inspiration, colors, everything.

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
Here is mine. My colors are rose pink, lime/celadon green and gold, gold, gold. My table linens will be gold satin with gold chiffon overlaid for the opulent look of Versailles I am going for. I want it to be all Marie Antoinette with opulent rich yet soft colors. My bridesmaid dresses are rose pink and they will carry bright green cymbidium orchid bouquets. My bouquet will be white and cream phalenopsis and cymbidium orchids. My dress is shown, ivory gown.

wedding palette.jpg

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
Bad pic because I had to make it tiny to fit within the size limits but you get the idea.

sdfsdfsdfffggg.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 12:23:06 AM
Author: GolfGirl2008
Here is mine. My colors are rose pink, lime/celadon green and gold, gold, gold. My table linens will be gold satin with gold chiffon overlaid for the opulent look of Versailles I am going for. I want it to be all Marie Antoinette with opulent rich yet soft colors. My bridesmaid dresses are rose pink and they will carry bright green cymbidium orchid bouquets. My bouquet will be white and cream phalenopsis and cymbidium orchids. My dress is shown, ivory gown.
Ooooooh I love it. These centerpieces are ust TDF. SO wonderful. I love the plumcots and apricots. So wonderful. Reminds me of an old master''s painting come to life. Perfect!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids will have latte colored dresses and black magic rose bouquets (deep dark red). For my reception, the centerpieces will be made of roses and hydrangeas in ivory, white and cream with a touch of pink.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is long over, but I thought I''d play, too :) Our colors were tiffany blue and white - we wanted everything simple and classic to go with the summer/garden theme. Almost everything was white (linens, stationary, cake, etc) with the tiff blue accents (ribbon, print, napkins). Flowers were very gardeny- daisies (my favorite), with a touch of pink and blue (larkspur and dagwood).

elmortweddingcolors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results