shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
indendent gal, that really does sound so cool! i can''t wait to see the pictures!! how original and unique!
(your comment about the ostrich feathers not being plucked from your avatar made me laugh!)

well i''ve been checking this place out for the past couple of days and i''ve definitely noticed how friendly and helpful everyone is here. i love it!

about me, well, i''m 27 and i''m getting married in november. at first i was a little scared of the whole wedding process with all the planning and everything, but i''ve since realized there''s no reason to be afraid and it''s actually pretty fun! i look forward to sharing my ideas with you guys and getting ideas from everyone else. this is so fun!

36.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a summer wedding with no wedding party, so the color will be all in the flowers. I want coral and yellow roses with just small touches of pink and red roses. Ivory dress, shirts, linens, and centerpieces are wrapped in ivory lace and I want coral rose petals everywhere.

becoming_sadie

Rough_Rock
thanks v!v! i feel like i am a bit of an old fart with my color scheme but those were the only colors that we could agree on
9.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Our colors aren''t 100% set yet, but there are some things we are sure of:

1) He wants purple. But not lilac or eggplant. He wants vibrant purple (yay for Barney)
2) I want teal. I''m more flexible, light, dark, whatever.

3) I swore to my MOH she wouldn''t have to wear purple. She''s getting to wear some form of bluish teal.

I just went back to see our venue for the first time last week and the walls are all sage green. They are getting new carpet before we have our wedding, so I don''t know what color it will be. Now I''m concerned that sage green won''t go with teal/purple. There are a TON of windows looking out on the beach/ocean, so maybe people won''t notice the sage.

I have a thread on here somewhere about my wedding color woes...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I pretty sure we''re doing a range of blues and yellows. Navy, medium, and light blues, orangey yellow, and buttercreamy yellow. The bridesmaids will either be all in navy or cover the range of blues (I''m letting them decide which way they''d prefer to go).

Of course, there''s still plenty of time to change my mind...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 5:03:42 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 2/26/2008 4:21:36 PM
Author: CrownJewel
39.gif
I don''t knoooooooow what my wedding colors will be. Waah! I''ve been struggling with this for months. Sometimes I can''t sleep because of this. Which is just silly.
CJ, what''s the date of the wedding and can you direct us to pics of your venue and dress, and tell us what colors you like, and which ones you don''t?
Gypsy, you are the best. Thank you!!! I was actually going to start a thread called "Gypsy, I need your help with wedding colors." No joke. But I left my USB memory stick at work. All my wedding pictures and ideas are on there. DARN.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
I wanna play :)

My favorite color is green so there was no way I couldn''t use green. My bridesmaids dresses are the color shown. Originally I was thinking of doing a tealy blue color as an accent, but I decided on a lighter palette of greens and faint pinks. I don''t want to over do the whole pink and green thing, so mostly I will use black, white, and different shades of green. Pink will come in mostly just in flowers. You can see the soft colors in the bouquet. I am planning on having green tissue flowers hanging from the pergola that covers all the tables at my reception.

yaycolors.JPG

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 8:43:13 PM
Author: Octavia
I pretty sure we''re doing a range of blues and yellows. Navy, medium, and light blues, orangey yellow, and buttercreamy yellow. The bridesmaids will either be all in navy or cover the range of blues (I''m letting them decide which way they''d prefer to go).

that sounds really pretty! i love that combination, but unfortunately i lived all my life near university of michigan whose colors are maize and blue.....so everytime anybody sees blue and yellow together that''s all they think of (sort of like orange and black to halloween).

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 10:18:01 PM
Author: mimzy
Date: 2/26/2008 8:43:13 PM

Author: Octavia

that sounds really pretty! i love that combination, but unfortunately i lived all my life near university of michigan whose colors are maize and blue.....so everytime anybody sees blue and yellow together that''s all they think of (sort of like orange and black to halloween).
Haha Mimzy, I hear ya! I went to UF before coming to UM, so blue + orange and blue + yellow were both out for me! Hence the blue + burgundy/plum.
2.gif

IWantAMilkshake

Rough_Rock
Navy, yellow, and white. I love the crispness of the navy/white and the sweetness of the yellow.

navy_yellow.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 9:32:56 PM

Date: 2/26/2008 5:03:42 PM

Date: 2/26/2008 4:21:36 PM
39.gif
I don''t knoooooooow what my wedding colors will be. Waah! I''ve been struggling with this for months. Sometimes I can''t sleep because of this. Which is just silly.
CJ, what''s the date of the wedding and can you direct us to pics of your venue and dress, and tell us what colors you like, and which ones you don''t?
Gypsy, you are the best. Thank you!!! I was actually going to start a thread called ''Gypsy, I need your help with wedding colors.'' No joke. But I left my USB memory stick at work. All my wedding pictures and ideas are on there. DARN.

Post for me when you have the stick, and I''ll be more than happy to help honey. No worries. I look forward to it!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
We are planning for Tiffany blue and bright white with chocolate accents. Well, it''s "robin egg blue" now after enduring LOTS of teasing from FI.
3.gif
Don''t know what I''ll do for flowers, but the colors go great with our reception location, which is a modern art gallery with light hardwood floors.

Here is an inspiration pic:

223a_1_b.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
K&L.... LOVE your colors!

IWantAMillkshake... those are really nice colors and so uncommon!

I''m in the very early planning stages, but basically I want contrast and tropical... so I''m going with aqua accents with a tropical bouquet of hot pinks and oranges with a very light touch of yellow and green.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do blue containers. "Robin''s Egg Blue" I''d do chocolate cosmos, chocolate orchids, with white roses or other white flowers (peonies are my favorites, plus some white orchids). Handy can of spray paint will go a long way toward getting the right colored containers-- you can buy kraft boxes, metal containers, glass containers... spray paint will stick to anything these days. If you wanted REALLY awesome Robin''s egg blue vases you could do the blue spray paint INSIDE the vases then do a frosted glass spray paint to the outside of the vases. And I''d have eucalyptus (seeded) as one of my major greens. Would be gorgeous MilkShake.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 7:10:33 PM
Author: mjso

1) He wants purple. But not lilac or eggplant. He wants vibrant purple (yay for Barney)

3) I swore to my MOH she wouldn''t have to wear purple. She''s getting to wear some form of bluish teal.

I just went back to see our venue for the first time last week and the walls are all sage green. They are getting new carpet before we have our wedding, so I don''t know what color it will be. Now I''m concerned that sage green won''t go with teal/purple. There are a TON of windows looking out on the beach/ocean, so maybe people won''t notice the sage.

Teal and purple will work fine together. Add in white or ivory. It will work. No one will notice the carpet. Here''s a lovely "barney" purple bouquet made up of purple lisinathus and purple orchids.

purple orchids and lisianthus bouquet.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could play because I''ve got it all planned out, but it''s weird because I''m a LIW...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
past present and future brides can play. Come on Freke.. what have you got?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...I''ll play tomorrow. It''s getting too late now and I have to be up early for window installer dudes.
14.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy and I were/are date twins...I got married Sept. 21, 2003 and had cinnamon mini callas, james storey orchids, hypernicum berries, and some sort of no name ivory roses in my hand-tied bouquet...BM's and jr. BM's wore champagne colored floor-length dresses trimmed with beading, and DH and groomsmen wore champagne tuxes with the teeniest amount of cinnamon embroidery on their vests. BM's bouquets were (russet-colored) James Storey orchids held across their arms. Boutennieres were single cinnamon mini calla lilies with hypernicum berries. So the whole color story was ivory/champagne/warm, deep reds/some deep oranges and greenery. Very fall, very September, LOL! I'm including a pic of James Storey orchids for reference:

ETA: they may not look like much on their own, but held by BM's in gorgeous champagne colored dresses in an outdoor ceremony they were just right...not too much, just enough.

Dscf0063Jamesstoryret2.jpg

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
wow! everyone is so creative with their colors. i love it! i''m getting lots of ideas for choosing my own. thanks ladies!!! keep ''em coming!
9.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:35:23 AM

Date: 2/26/2008 7:10:33 PM
Author: mjso

Teal and purple will work fine together. Add in white or ivory. It will work. No one will notice the carpet. Here''s a lovely ''barney'' purple bouquet made up of purple lisinathus and purple orchids.
Yay! Thanks Gypsy! I''m having such a hard time with decoration/color/artsy type stuff. I''m a total computer/technical/logical thinker, my poor right brain is a bit stunted. So I completely appreciate your help
36.gif

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Right now if we end up doing it here in Omaha it will be in October and the colors will be garnet and tangerine.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m an LIW, but I''m thinking a dark red/maroon/burgandy and gold? For a wintery-spring wedding. Maybe. With ivory and black accents. Mmm can''t wait to get going already!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sigh, we still haven''t decided. I am thinking maybe a light sage green, pink, and brown tones. Or medium blue, pink, and brown tones. The wedding will probably be in March. What do you all think?
33.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:08:30 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Sigh, we still haven''t decided. I am thinking maybe a light sage green, pink, and brown tones. Or medium blue, pink, and brown tones. The wedding will probably be in March. What do you all think?
33.gif

I think.... I love this bouquet. (And have six tons more if you want pics of different flowers for this combo, this is another one I considered for myself).

French Anemonies with little accents of greens sweetpeas. I don''t care for the ribbon effect going on to tie the thing together.

french anemones with Sweetpeas.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's really unique!
36.gif
36.gif
I will save it to my wedding folder, yaaaaay! Love it.

ETA: I should probably make a thread. Maybe I will do that later...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:22:44 PM
Wow that''s really unique!
36.gif
36.gif

It''s actually one of my favorites EVER. SO unique. Elegant, and happy too.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:28:38 PM
Date: 2/27/2008 1:22:44 PM

Wow that''s really unique!
36.gif
36.gif

It''s actually one of my favorites EVER. SO unique. Elegant, and happy too.

Wow I think mini versions would look great for bridesmaids.
30.gif

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i''m having a destination wedding in the florida keys (in two weeks - aah!), so i went for bright and festive: mango, lime and lots of white. no bridesmaids, but tablecloths will be mango, with tall cylinder vases, topped with an outer ring of orange lilies with stems of green orchids sticking up, if you can imagine that. i''ll post lots ''o pics when i get back from the honeymoon! my bouquet will be orange lilies, mango roses and green cymbidium orchids.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:19:43 PM

Date: 2/27/2008 1:08:30 PM
33.gif

I think.... I love this bouquet. (And have six tons more if you want pics of different flowers for this combo, this is another one I considered for myself).

French Anemonies with little accents of greens sweetpeas. I don''t care for the ribbon effect going on to tie the thing together.
hahaha gypsy i''ve had that bouquet saved in my wedding folder for months too!! i don''t even remember where i got it....it looks slightly martha stewart though, so maybe from there. love those anemonies....any idea how much those cost??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results