shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Coreysgirl

Rough_Rock
Here''s my bridesmaid dresses and the color they''ll be wearing.

Style 81441.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 3:05:02 PM
Author: karasue91

Date: 2/27/2008 1:19:43 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 2/27/2008 1:08:30 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Sigh, we still haven''t decided. I am thinking maybe a light sage green, pink, and brown tones. Or medium blue, pink, and brown tones. The wedding will probably be in March. What do you all think?
33.gif

I think.... I love this bouquet. (And have six tons more if you want pics of different flowers for this combo, this is another one I considered for myself).

French Anemonies with little accents of greens sweetpeas. I don''t care for the ribbon effect going on to tie the thing together.
hahaha gypsy i''ve had that bouquet saved in my wedding folder for months too!! i don''t even remember where i got it....it looks slightly martha stewart though, so maybe from there. love those anemonies....any idea how much those cost??

NO Idea on the cost of them. But aren''t they TDF? The pic is from Theknot. I think you have to have a spring wedding to have them though, don''t qoute me on that. I''m fairly sure they are VERY seasonal flowers.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 4:01:57 PM
Date: 2/27/2008 3:05:02 PM

Author: karasue91

Date: 2/27/2008 1:19:43 PM

Date: 2/27/2008 1:08:30 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Sigh, we still haven''t decided. I am thinking maybe a light sage green, pink, and brown tones. Or medium blue, pink, and brown tones. The wedding will probably be in March. What do you all think?
33.gif

I think.... I love this bouquet. (And have six tons more if you want pics of different flowers for this combo, this is another one I considered for myself).

French Anemonies with little accents of greens sweetpeas. I don''t care for the ribbon effect going on to tie the thing together.

hahaha gypsy i''ve had that bouquet saved in my wedding folder for months too!! i don''t even remember where i got it....it looks slightly martha stewart though, so maybe from there. love those anemonies....any idea how much those cost??

NO Idea on the cost of them. But aren''t they TDF? The pic is from Theknot. I think you have to have a spring wedding to have them though, don''t qoute me on that. I''m fairly sure they are VERY seasonal flowers.

Sounds expensive.
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't know till ya ask. If it's a seasonal flower and it's IN season, could be affordable. Really expensive is OUT of season. Like my bouquet. Without the peonies with either white Dalias or Garden/English roses substituted... 150-200 bucks. WITH Peonies which are COMPLETLY out of season Sept 21st? 450-500. And that's for FIVE stems of peonies added. So, it's worth a call to see what the price is and if they are in season for you.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy is sooooo right on. Getting your flowers in season is so much more reasonable. Here is a link for finding what is in season when flowers

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re doing colors that are common in sea glass, so mainly different shades of blue. We''re getting married on the shore so it''s fitting.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Well I made a little montage with my inspirations, and it really helped me put everything together in my head!!

Pink, ivory and black
36.gif

INSPIRATION MONTAGE.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so what program do you use for montage-ing? I keep wanting to, but can''t figure out how.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Colors:
Every bright, deep, vibrant shade of blue I can get my mitts on. Indigo, cerulean, midnight, sky, cobalt, even teal and turquoise, etc.
Black
Silver
White/off white

Tall arrangements with white tulips only. Kind of like the pic. Very minimalist. Couldn''t find a pic with just white ones though...

I want black tablecloths,white plates, some color of blue napkins, perhaps a blue overlay or a blue napkin in the center of the table with the centerpieces on top. Tons of candles, and perhaps some kind of sparkly things somewhere. Silver picture frames with water images (I''ll post a pic with examples when my batteries get done charging-stupid digital camera!) and the name of the table on it somehow (this will be DIY and I haven''t figured out logistics yet).

The female attendants will wear black dresses with silver shoes and a blue sash of some sort.
I want to wear either a silver or a blue wedding gown with blue shoes, and as much blue jewelry as I can get away with (It helps that BF keeps buying me blue topaz/blue sapphire jewelry-it matches and it''s sentimental!).
Boys, BF included will be wearing all black, perhaps a black shirt with white or blue pinstripes on it.

Cake will be white (really off white because the frosting I''ll make has real butter and it will never go white white-and yes, I''m making my own wedding cake) with filigree royal icing decorations in silver with a blue "W" in the middle (very hard to explain) and probably a silver and crystal "W" on top.

There is more, but I think that I''ve already gone overboard talking about it. I''ll just post pics instead.
9.gif

Feel free to recommend stuff Miss Gypsy!

tulips.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This fabric is a gorgeous shade...

wedding blue.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My car color, the color of my avatar, the color of MissRocks' sapphire...

ETA I forgot electric and periwinkle...Ok uploading pics now...

longheadlights.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok this pic is of my decorative pillows for the living room (on the bedroom floor-hiding them from window installation dust). I love the teal one thats right under the silver and the bright blue one at the top, and the colors are a little...blah compared to real life. Without the camera flash they're more vibrant and jewel toned.

Dang it. I forgot royal too. And I obviously need to learn how to make a wedding inspiration collage...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot the pic.
20.gif

DSCF5899.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is the real inspiration: The water pics. These are from a calendar by the name of H2O that only has water pics. I cut out the sizes from the 2005 calendar to make this piece of "art". Using that term loosely. These are similar to the images that I'll use to put in the silver frames to put the names for the tables. You can get a better idea of color from this because right now I'm only attuned to the blue of the fabric that's very similar to my car color...

And probably something like these: link

or these: link

for invitations.

DSCF5900.JPG

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
For us, October wedding = fall colors. I want to use a lot of harvest themes, and fell in love with the following bouquet. It covers the colors I want pretty well.

For ladies looking for inspiration board ideas try out this website: Snippet & Ink

Oh, and I am absolutely going to include the kumquats in the bouquet!
16.gif

kumquat bouquet 34w.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 5:18:29 PM
Author: swimmer
Gypsy is sooooo right on. Getting your flowers in season is so much more reasonable. Here is a link for finding what is in season when flowers

Looks like they would be in season, thanks for posting this link!
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 9:42:19 PM
Okay so what program do you use for montage-ing? I keep wanting to, but can''t figure out how.

I think you could do it in paint to be honest. Just make a large image and copy all of the images and paste them in. Otherwise, photoshop is always the best.
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi v!v! Welcome to PS!

My colors are fuchsia and celery green, which is very similar to K & L''s, but my BM dresses are fucshia. I don''t know how to post a collage, so I''ll post my girls'' dresses and guys'' shirts and then an inspiration group shot I got from the Knot, I think.

How I chose my colors is...I actually didn''t really have a preference...my favorite color is green and I love pink, so it worked out fine. I found the dresses for $24.99 each and then the guys'' shirts just kind of fell into our laps on clearance at Mervyn''s for about $13 each. So...my colors were chosen because they were CHEAP!

Really, though, I do love them, and they are totally ME as I love these two colors for a garden/beach wedding in Maui!

guysgalsweddingduds1.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Inspiration pic...

17pinkgreen1.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use paint. I open a blank paint screen and then just copy pics from different sources and paste them into my paint document. It''s really easy to put more than one picture in to make a collage -- after pasting a pic, if you already have one pic in there, use your mouse to move the second one over, otherwise the second one will automatically just be placed over the original pic. I hope that makes sense. It''s really easy.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
We''re doing black and white (using damask or something like it) and deep red (with black magic roses everywhere). I think we''re also going to use crystal & glass to lighten everything a little bit, and tons of votives. My girls will be in long black dresses (of their own choosing) carrying white flowers, and I''ll be in a "pearl" color dress with crystal accents and black magic roses. The guys will be in traditional tuxes. I''m going to use red rose petals along the aisle during the ceremony. For the centerpieces, they are tall and short using only black magics, with damask or black and white table runner). We''re also having a lounge area set up w/ white couches and black & white pillows.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is example 1 of the sea glass idea

Copyofseaglasshurricane.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the other one. So I''ll have cobalt, aqua, maybe another shade of blue, and a light green

sea glass and sand dollars.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I downloaded this free program called Serif PhotoPlus. I really like it, it''s what I used to make my STDs too! If you google the name it will come right up. It''s pretty easy to use, I think I had to read some small sections of the help guide, but after that it was super easy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 9:50:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Feel free to recommend stuff Miss Gypsy!
I will look for stuff and will definitely recommend for you. But I crashed at 7:00pm last night (exhausted), and my work computer only has a few pics on it, not much that would work with your scheme. So give me till this weekend to stew it over! !

Thanks much for the collage software recommendations! I'll give the collage a try this weekend! Much appreciated!

Almandine... I LOVE AND ADORE that bouquet, kumquats and all. LOVE IT! And your colors with your gown! Perfect!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
stephanie, sorry i missed your post the first time around. wow! you sound like you have A LOT going on! i love all of the stuff you have planned and it sounds absolutely beautiful. feel free to keep it coming! i''d love to hear all of your plans!

zoebartlett, i love the ideas you have for the colors of your bouquet! and i love the smaller squarish centerpieces, i''m actually thinking that''s what i''ll be doing too! it sounds like all the attire and linens that you''ve chosen will go beautifully together!

courtneylub, i think the coral and yellow is such a pretty combination! and with a touch of red and pink roses i think it will look fantastic!

mjso, i think that the purple gypsy posted along with the teal color you want is going to be so nice! and i don''t think people will notice the sage...

octavia, all of your colors are so happy! i love it!

k&l, i love the photo montage you put together. those colors compliment each other so well! and the boxes with the tissue paper are soooo adorable!!

iwantamilkshake, i love the look of those stripes with the yellow! are you really having stripes incorporated into your theme? such a good idea!

bigdiamonds, i love the picture you posted. i think that will work beautifully with your modern art gallery venue!

monarch64, your wedding colors sound gorgeous! sounds like a lot of thought went into it all. have you posted pictures of your wedding before? i''ll do a search after this if you have, but if you haven''t, i''d love to see them!!

largirl, love garnet and tangerine together! what color would you have the bridesmaids wear?

sunnyd, love the colors you''ve started to think about!

sarahlovesjs, i really love the light sage green, pink and brown tones!

acep, it sounds like you''ve picked a really pretty combination! i can''t wait for the pictures!!

coreysgirl, i love that bridesmaid dress and the color is so vibrant!

hudson hawk, i love the idea of having the colors of sea glass. it''s going to be beautiful!

karasue91, i absolutely love the montage you put together. it''s so classy and feminine (but not too feminine!).

frekechild, i love those blues! they are really vibrant and i love the minimalist look you are envisioning.

amandine, love fall colors and that bouquet is so pretty!

harleigh, thanks for the welcome!! i love the colors you chose! and the bridesmaids dresses are so pretty! i would love to wear that!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine:

Flowers are orange and yellow (our favourite flowers), I''m also using a lot of fruit and herbs.

My dress will be off-white and metallic gold with pearls.

Flowergirls will be in a greyish lavender - this one looks a bit more ''neon'' than it is - it''s quite a subtle colour (more like the lavendery blue in the painting)

All the colours are taken from the painting at the bottom which is HUGE - 27ft by 18ft - and is where the altar would be in a church (venue looks like a church but isn''t). It''s of the Battle of Hastings in 1066 - we are getting married in Battle Abbey which is on the site of the battle - hence the somewhat gory backdrop - FI and I love it!

pandcollage.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
v!v! that was so nice of you to reply to everyone! Pandora II I love your inspiration, that is awesome!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi v!v!

You''re very welcome, and thanks for the kind words. I also have a brunette, 2 blondes and a redhead in my wedding party, so was trying to accomodate them all with the dress colors, so they''re happy with the fuchsia.

I hope you get your wedding colors figured out soon so we can help you with them!

Thanks, too, to everyone for the great collage help and ideas...you should post this in the "Helpful Threads" archive! I''m going to try it out this weekend with my own favorite pictures I''ve saved!

I just know that one day soon we''ll be starting a "Show Me Your Wedding Collage" thread with everyone''s newfound skills! I can''t wait!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love the colors Pandora! I think it''s an absolutely stunning color scheme! (confession: ex art history major here)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results