shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding colors....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
here is another

th_8eed3441.jpg

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
one more:
This is what I want for myself ( maybe some hydrangea in there) and the smaller rose bouqets for the girls, but I want the copper leaves in all the bouquets

th_flower.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2005 9:20:18 PM
Author: lovey
Jessesgirl - Rose w/copper accents are my colors too.. I''m getting married the day after you!
9.gif
We are almost date twins!!!

These are the BM dresses that we finally decided on.. think ours will be more of a rose color than the one shown.

Where did you find this dress? I LOVE IT for a cocktail dress. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Who is the designer if you don''t mind me asking?
4.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Love those flower ideas..esp the last one with the copper leaves. Really different and just gorgeous! Is your dress ivory or white?

The dress that we picked is made by Lazaro. I highly recommend intensive shopping around for the best deal..otherwise they are pricey.
2.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey- my dress is "old rose and champagne", translation:the bodice is a french lace bustier w/ "old rose" colored flowers and swavorwarski crystal details. The ballroom skirt is champagne ( ivory) satin. here is a pic but it''s in b&W..

8840_b1_041126211919.jpg

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
here is detail of bodice

JUSTS048840b.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My main color is hot pink with accents of lighter pink, apricot and golden yellow. My bridesmaid dresses are hot pink and the guys will be wearing navy suits, white shirts & pink ties that actually hints of the other 3 colors as well. I''d post the bouquet that inspired the color scheme but the only format I have is bmp which won''t post...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ivory, Champagne, Brown, Purple, Lilac and a sagey green. They are all on my dress (beading) so I used them all. Purple and brown, ivory and champagne are on the invites. Dresses are dark purple, tuxes are dark purple vests, cake is chocolate with chocolate, sprinkled with pale purple rose petals, place cards are green and purple, centerpieces have green candles, bouquets are various shades of purple and green.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
MINE, does this mean you aren''t going to wear the vintage dress you found? I was so looking forward to seeing that one. Maybe you''ll be kind enough to post a pic anyway?

paperdoves

Rough_Rock
33.gif
Ok..i thought i was ready for all this but i have since found myself STUCK... Ya see i can not pick colors...i LOVE the deep apple red..and i was gonna do it with black but i dont really like black..im not sure if any other color would look good..ya know? But then i dont know what other colors look ok. ANY SUGGESTIONS. Im also stuck to because should my maid of honor have a different dress than my bms? AHH Someone help..haha. I also cant begin to pick flowers! WHEW well...what can i say i have a hard time makin up my mind! SO PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!!!!

THANKS!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2005 12:15:35 PM
Author: icekid
well, i am definitely doing something with green- though what shade and other colors are TBD. green is pretty much my signature color, b/c i have bright green eyes.. my baby sister had dark green eyes too, and she is going to be my 16 yr old maid of honor
1.gif

ideas, anyone, for green and.... ????
Icekid,

I was just in a wedding that had primarily green as the color. Here''s what she did: a sagey light colored green with other accent colors of pale yellow, blush and white. The bm dresses were a champagne color. She used a lot of raffia too, around the Mason Ball jars she collected to use as centerpieces with flowers and candles; also raffia tied around the green program booklets. The flowers were like white peonies, pale green hydrangea, and then some blush roses and perhaps some creamier/yellowy-ish flowers. It was all very classy and subtle, together made for a lovely palette. I dont'' know what time of year you are getting married, this was in Sept and was in a sort of old refinished barn type thing with warm wood floors and white walls. She also had a Catholic ceremony.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
paperdoves: what about gold/bronze?

I just LOVE colors!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My advice would be to pull pictures of flowers/colors you like from magazines, then find a few florists and visit them with pics in hand. If you have a good florist, he/she will be able to show you different designs or concepts and really help you decide. I had kind of a color palette in mind for my wedding but wasn''t quite sure, so I made up a binder of all the things I had pulled from magazines and took that with me to the florist, who really worked with me on coming up with flowers in the colors that best suited my taste and were in line with my budget (which was small--about $400!) Everything turned out great, thanks to the help of the florist!

Back to the binder: I had purchased a wedding planner but it didn''t quite meet my needs, so I went to one of those office supply superstores and bought a 3 ring binder with a clear cover and inserted pictures of my man and me and decorated it with wedding stickers (so cheesy, but I still have it, great keepsake), then I separated it into sections of clear pages with magazine pages of ideas I loved with notebook paper for notes...I kept track of absolutely everything from the photographer, wedding site, flowers, tuxes, dress, hair, music, to seating charts, addresses, invitation lists, everything. That thing was my own personalized Bible for 9 months!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Sky blue and a light, fresh green. It''s a beach wedding!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mostly black and white with purple accents. BM''s dresses will be black and bouquets white with different shades of purple then my bouquet will be mostly purple. I like monocromatic skemes. Our florist is a family friend and she said she only needs 2 weeks to get whatever flowers I want. I think we will go classic black for the tuxes. Maybe have FI wear a white tie? The chair covers will be white with black ties. That is as far as I have gotten.
1.gif
I have til Aug!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t even thought of colors, as I''m not engaged yet. But one of my best friends used sage green and a soft yellow for her wedding colors and it turned out beautiful. She got married in July in Southern California near the beach, so it really reflected the setting. Also, she used lemons and limes in many places too in addition to flowers, and had lemon and lime centerpieces. It might be simple but it''s one of the nicest color schemes I''ve seen.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Our colors were peach and ivory with some accents of lavender. I need to scan a pic of my BM flowers - they were peach and ivory roses with purple wax flowers. I loved them! The BM dresses were peach and ivory chiffon - an ivory chiffon layer and on top was the peach chiffon (so the peach was the dominant color). It sounds weird but they were so pretty. They were by Jim Hjelm but they are no longer on his web site.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Berries - mostly red, with blue, purple, green, and fuschia accents

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am about to start this whole mess/fun stuff too! there are so many colors that i love! i just don''t know~~~~

visuals would be great for all these descriptions.....

Erin

Ideal_Rock
my dress is beige so I was thinking a dark orangy copper and the palest of pale sky blue with the groom in a navy suit

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i think taking a inspiration from your engagement ring would be awesome... whenever i see the color i always think tigerlilly... you could do a beautiful orange with green and gold accents.

tiger_lilly01.jpg

paperdoves

Rough_Rock
Well..ive narrowed down some colors i like....perhaps i could get an opinion...

Red and _ (i cant decide if wanna add silver or just kinda leave it as red)

Bright Pink and Bright Orange

Rose and a copper/goldish color

Rose and Champagne (the tan champagne not the purple-red color)

Dark Red and Champagne

Lilac and Champagne

Blue and Silver

Lilac and Silver

I also like light green and a burnt orange (not together) but i dont know what colors they would look good with plus they arent really my favorites so instead of finding something i may jut throw them out seeing as how i have a hundred other options here!! LOL!..anyway..any help on deciding would be appreciated!!!!

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Our colors are white and blue with touches of silver. The maids are wearing Alfred Angelo dresses in indigo, and the GM will probably have on silver ties and vests (I'm not sure if I like that shade of blue mixed with black tuxes). We're having a casual beachy resort theme. We're getting married at a city golf course center, but were bringing in touches of the beach, like seashells and whatnot.

I talked to a florist last month (I know NOTHING about flowers), and she suggested my bouquet be a mix of white stock, hydrangeas and blue delphiniums. The maids are going to carry white stock and dephiniums and the assorted bouts and corsages will be astromerias, white stocks, delphinium or a mix of each.

I originally was going to use pink and green, but then I felt like I was seeing so much of that. Some of the color combos mentioned here sound unusual and beautiful!

muddleheaded

Rough_Rock
I''m going with a medium blue and a relatively pale orange. BM dresses are blue.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
our colors are balck magic red (deep black red/jewel red), chocolate, champagne and ivory.

red''s my FAVORITE color!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Black and White and Red accents- the photos were BEAUTIFUL!!

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Our colors are sage green, gold and ivory. My BM''s are wearing sage dresses with a gold sash, the boys in black tuxs with gold vest (the groom in all black with ivory shirt).

My flowers are going to be green hydrangeas, ivory roses with an accent of pink wrapped in gold ribbon

BM flowers are all green hydrangea wrapped in gold

Bouts are green shammrocks

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 2:45:00 PM
Author: vizsla
i think taking a inspiration from your engagement ring would be awesome... whenever i see the color i always think tigerlilly... you could do a beautiful orange with green and gold accents.

I was thinking about taking inspiration for my colors by my ring as well. Yummy orange.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 5:18:19 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Black and White and Red accents- the photos were BEAUTIFUL!!
Renee''s photos really WERE beautiful. The colors were PERFECT for pics! I sent them to my friend who is considering the same colors because I was so impressed with them (I hope you don''t mind!)

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I originally started out with periwinkle blue, but couldn''t make that work too well with the flowers I like (I love orchids), so now I''ve picked up a raspberry pink. BM''s dress is raspberry pink satin, accents are light green.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results