shape
carat
color
clarity

web sources of sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

edward

Rough_Rock

hello out there,

i am sooo confused about the price ranges between fine web sides like arnstein or cherry compared to multicolor or especially thaigem.

I know treated vs untreated and i can see the color and cut differences but still: the laters sell sometimes for a 10th of the hight end web sides. Either their photos are just not what u get in the end or its the fact that u buy from somewhere in asia.

compare e.g. no.3A0246101 on thaigem to

1.01 CT. TRILLIANT CUT SAPPHIRE (BLUE CEYLON)

Product Name: Sapphire (Blue Ceylon)
Shape: Trilliant Cut
Clarity: Clean
Weight: 1.01 CT.
Size: 5.5 mm
Origin: Ceylon

for 240$ to

no 1442

Faceted Madagascar Natural Sapphire
Weight: 1.28 carats
Price: $1,550.00

every stone is different, but from the pics.... why that price difference.

anyone experiences with those asian prices?

ed

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well if the first is heated and the second is not--that price difference seems legitimate (I guess)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thaigem doesnt have the best reputation.
There are several others that have a better reputation including ajsgems.com multicolour.com and others in the low to med. price range.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hello Edward,

I bought alot from Thaigem a few years ago and sent alot back. They use stock pictures for most of the stones and the ones they do show the actual pictures are from the best angles and color enhanced (Doctored). I have also heard they have gotten worse in the last few years. Stay away.

I haven''t bought from Multicolor but can recommend AJS Gems. There are also a few other small asain companies that have nice inexpensive stones that I have dealt with but not the quality of Cherrypicked or Wink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results