shape
carat
color
clarity

WB woes - diamond or plain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think the plain band, which absolutely shocks me since I''m usually of the more bling the better society. But I agree with the others, it makes your center stone look massive.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I like the diamond band better.

Both are great, but the diamond band just accentuates your beautiful diamond ring so well. Kind of like airport runway lights that say "look down this way" and point you straight into your magnificent diamond!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:58:03 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I prefer the plain band. I know its sacrilege, but I think it looks much better with your ering. Now, I''m not excluding a diamond band say...for a RHR, but I like the plain wedding band with your ering!!

I agree with FG..at least in the pics I like the plain band better with your e-ring. the diamond band almost distracts my eyes from the cool design of the e-ring..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love both the diamond and the plain, I love the look of the plain with your gorgeous ering better...that shiney white metal on the band and ering really make that beauty of yours pop
30.gif
!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for plain- it really makes your stone pop and the cool design the focus.

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hello,

If you have to pick one, I say go for the plain - it really makes your gorgeous e-ring really pop! If it''s at all possible to have FI give you both (together) during the wedding ceremony, then by all means go for both. That''s what I did - I have a diamond eternity band and a plain, thin platinum ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to be a total unhelpful person, but I love BOTH. For totally different looks. Also, you can then wear the plain band when you do not wish to wear your ring, and want to be understated, or you can wear the diamond band alone as well, if you do not want the large stone on but want to sparkle a bit.

Your e ring is lovely..what are the specs?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The plain band looks perfect. Hands down.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:39:27 PM
Author: albicocca
I vote for diamonds!! I think it just complements your ring sooo perfectly, and brings out your cool pave on the sides instead of kind of pretending they aren''t there which is the vibe I get from the plain band. I think the plain band looks clean and classic, but it makes me feel like the engagement ring looks less interesting. Am I making any sense? With the plain band the overall effect is more solitaire-plus-band as opposed to bringing out the gorgeous detailing on your e-ring. But regardless, that''s still a beautiful look, and your pave is still THERE so you can''t really go wrong!
1.gif
You are making perfect sense...I totally see what you mean...thanks!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 5:04:25 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 11/10/2006 4:20:16 PM
Author: FacetFire
I love both looks, and honestly someday I will probably get both so I can switch it up, but I know that only one can be my original WB...so which one? I love the architectural lines of the shared prong, which really flatter the architectural lines of my e-ring, but then again a plain band is so classic. And on the other hand, I wouldn''t mind some extra sparkle...oh, which to pick????
well of course I say one of each and as for which one should be your original wedding band? do you really need to ask me? hahaha the solid one of course!!!! (maybe the anniversary band can be just that - for a 1st anniversary! I wish you''d gotten a shot with all 3!!
Haha...as soon as I saw your other thread, I know what your answer was going to be! :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 5:42:13 PM
Author: decodelighted
Okay this is interesting. Yea for you ... ''cause for what feels like the first time in weeks .. I like BOTH choices!!! I even like your backups! But the main difference I see is

THE DIAMOND BAND calls attention to the pave or beadset stones in your e-ring. It ''matches'' them or at least ''relates'' to them and brings them forward in our conciousness.

THE PLAIN BAND does not emphasise the pave ... so, at first glance, your stone looks HUMONGOUS ... as large as the whole sparkly area. You''re looking at METAL & DIAMOND (one big diamond). On closer inspection, I''m sure you''d see the pave ... but first impression ... METAL + HONKER.

Sooooo... both flatter your e-ring & your hand ... they just leave slightly different impressions.
Thanks...you summed it up in a nutshell! But I still can''t decide what impression I''m going for...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 5:55:34 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

OK, this is the deal; you give me your breathtaking ER and I''ll give you an opinion on a wedding band to wear....
9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL!!!!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 7:53:24 PM
Author: lisaC
I love the plain band- smidge thinner- but what about if you got a diamond band with the same size stones as what''s on the sides? Then it wouldn''t take away from the grandness of that beautiful stone but still be blingy...
1.gif
I''ve thought about that...the only problm is that the stones on the sides of my ering are graduated, so not all the same size. Plus, they are pretty small, and a WB with that size stones kinda disappears under my ering. But thanks for the suggestion!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 9:56:07 PM
Author: angeline
Facet, all this does is make me lust after your stone and ring MORE!!!
18.gif
18.gif

But as you asked I vote the plain thinner band hands down. I think it adds to the flow and statement of your gorgeous center, doesn''t muddy the waters so to speak.

a
Thanks!!! :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 12:55:26 AM
Author: taitai_s
Hello,

If you have to pick one, I say go for the plain - it really makes your gorgeous e-ring really pop! If it''s at all possible to have FI give you both (together) during the wedding ceremony, then by all means go for both. That''s what I did - I have a diamond eternity band and a plain, thin platinum ring.
Hmmm...wonder if he''d go for that...
11.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 1:14:19 AM
Author: diamondfan
Not to be a total unhelpful person, but I love BOTH. For totally different looks. Also, you can then wear the plain band when you do not wish to wear your ring, and want to be understated, or you can wear the diamond band alone as well, if you do not want the large stone on but want to sparkle a bit.

Your e ring is lovely..what are the specs?
Thanks...it''s a 2.3 ct OEC, I , SI1 with .33 ctw pave on the sides. Here''s the thread with more specs and pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-new-old-2-3-carat-oec-e-ring.49501/=

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the diamond one...it really took my breath away with your ring (which is STILL one of my favorites on here).
30.gif
30.gif

BUT, I think you''re right. The plain one gives it a completely different look, which is gorgeous as well. You could just get that one later...
31.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Facet, I love them both (I am so not a help, am I
2.gif
)? If you can swing it, I would get them both to change up the look now and then....It is really hard to choose, because both of the bands are so gorgeous and give something different to your e-ring that the other doesn''t, imho.

I think I am also going to get a diamond band AND a plain platinum band to match my FI''s to wear on my off days...plus, sometimes I just like the look of a plain band alone, or stacked with just the diamond band...

Bottom line= MORE OPTIONS!!!!!
2.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Facet, I say Both! You can have both rings blessed at the ceremony and then, your husband will put them both on. I assume you will probably wear your Ering on your right hand during the ceremony?

Well, afterwards, just wear your double bands on your left hand and you''ll have people coming up to look and ask you about them. Great conversation during the reception.....then, later, when you are out and see your friends and family they will look to see which band you''re wearing today. They''ll remember the unusual but beautiful ring ceremony you had with two bands
36.gif

And....inside your heart you''ll know that both rings were blessed gifts of love from your DH....and both equally precious and so you can choose either to wear at any given time. It won''t be like....."well, I want to wear my plain band today but....it''s not my *real* wedding ring....so I *should* wear my diamond band....instead.

There will be two REAL wedding rings equally loved......

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 10:58:11 AM
Author: susi
Facet, I say Both! You can have both rings blessed at the ceremony and then, your husband will put them both on. I assume you will probably wear your Ering on your right hand during the ceremony?

Well, afterwards, just wear your double bands on your left hand and you''ll have people coming up to look and ask you about them. Great conversation during the reception.....then, later, when you are out and see your friends and family they will look to see which band you''re wearing today. They''ll remember the unusual but beautiful ring ceremony you had with two bands
36.gif

And....inside your heart you''ll know that both rings were blessed gifts of love from your DH....and both equally precious and so you can choose either to wear at any given time. It won''t be like.....''well, I want to wear my plain band today but....it''s not my *real* wedding ring....so I *should* wear my diamond band....instead.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!! DO IT DO IT DO IT .
9.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the plain thinner band
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

36.gif

And....inside your heart you''ll know that both rings were blessed gifts of love from your DH....and both equally precious and so you can choose either to wear at any given time. It won''t be like.....''well, I want to wear my plain band today but....it''s not my *real* wedding ring....so I *should* wear my diamond band....instead.

I vote for this!!!! I would really love a shot of all 3 together, also... you know, I''ve worn my diamond band and wedding band together a lot (since I had nothing else lol) and I love the look of the two bands also!!! But I *really* love the look of wedding/ering/dband stacked like that.... it''s my fav combo!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Plain. The bling, while pretty, takes away the OOMPH of your gorgeous stone.

I didn't even notice the pave with the diamond band, all I could see was the jarring contrast between the plain metal of the e-ring and the cluster of diamonds below it. My eyes went to the band because it's 'busy'.

The plain 'flows' with your e-ring.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 1:55:22 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

36.gif

I vote for this!!!! I would really love a shot of all 3 together, also... you know, I''ve worn my diamond band and wedding band together a lot (since I had nothing else lol) and I love the look of the two bands also!!! But I *really* love the look of wedding/ering/dband stacked like that.... it''s my fav combo!!!

OOOORRRRR you could get married with the plain band and then later that night, alone, in private, he could give you the other band... one for the wedding DAY and one for the wedding NIGHT
31.gif

born2drv

Rough_Rock
I think you should get the diamond band... there will be times when you''re out and about... traveling, or in a bad neighborhood or doing chores, etc... when you won''t want to be wearing your engagement ring. You''ll want a wedding band that looks nice all on it''s own.

I wouldn''t get the 3rd ring, I know you think it''s a compromise but I''m not a big fan of it... I like the 1st ring better, the diamond one!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like the plain band better.
1.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, they both look beautiful. I vote for susi's brilliant idea of getting both & having both blessed at your wedding!

They both make your center stone look huge!
31.gif
If I had to pick one, I'd go with the diamond band.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Susi''s idea. Hubby got me both. I was married with the wedding band. Then Hubby gave me a diamond band as my wedding present.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Facetfire-

I have always admired your ring. A local jeweler had an open house and there was a Michael Bondanza rep, and I was so disappointed he didn''t bring your setting with him. I REALLY wanted to see it. But have you checked out his website? He shows diamond bands with several of his rings, which are along the style of yours. I am in favor of adding more bling myself. I think it looks fantastic.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like both of them. For a plain band, I would do a 2 mm size though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results