shape
carat
color
clarity

Watches, Watches, Watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
The back (movement) of the watch is viewable (clear back) - it''s so dainty - beautifully engraved.

I asked my boyfriend to wear it on our wedding day (one day) and he smiled from ear to ear!

dubey_back.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ries,
That is one awesome watch!!! Your BF will be thrilled I''m sure.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Onedrop, I love your michele! I just got a new stainless band for mine and it makes the watch look completely different. I really should have got a new digital camera instead. I take horrible pics!

decowatch1.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
MsFlutter! Thanks! I love YOUR michele! LOL. The great thing about them is that most of the straps are interchangeable. And like you said, you can make the watch look completely different with the change of the band.

PS - I always love when this thread gets bumped...I love watches!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Onedrop and Msflutter I LOVE your gorgeous Michele watches! Thanks for sharing pics.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sundial! And I love when you post your beautiful ring, so the admiration is mutual.
1.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Here are 4 out of my 5 Tag Heuer watches. Love them all.

THeuer.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nice collection of Tags Jewels! It must be hard deciding which one you want to wear!!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2006 10:27:48 AM
Author: Sundial
Nice collection of Tags Jewels! It must be hard deciding which one you want to wear!!!
Thanks Sundial. Here is a picture of my other Tag.

Well well well....I do have problems at times deciding which Tag to wear but here is the breakdown:

Gold face - wear it to work sometimes when I have client meetings and to formal dinners.
Silver face - wear it to work and on weekends. I wear this watch 90% of the time.
White face - only wear it when I wear white tops with jeans or when I wear shorts in the summer.
Grey face - only wear it when I wear grey and when I''m in the mood for it. I hardly wear this watch. Have to admit that this watch looks best on me becuase of
the extra small size but I''m just not that emotionally attached to it. Don''t know why.
Black face - only wear it to the cottage, swimming or diving.

Formula1.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow another cool Tag watch - how sporty and fun! They are all great, but the one with the gold face is my favorite.

madrock

Rough_Rock
Here is what''s on my wishlist:

0062-1997-35.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
As of yesterday (when I saw it in a magazine), this is my dream watch. Not the most expensive, to be sure, but way more than I have ever spent on a timepiece! Can anyone with Gucci watches comment on their value? Do they hold up well, etc?

gucci horsebit watch.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i like my Gucci. i don''t wear it every day, though it''s held up well. i do preserve the battery when it''s not in use...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2006 7:47:50 PM
Author: fatafelice
As of yesterday (when I saw it in a magazine), this is my dream watch. Not the most expensive, to be sure, but way more than I have ever spent on a timepiece! Can anyone with Gucci watches comment on their value? Do they hold up well, etc?
you should able to buy a Gucci watch at 30-35% off retail.answer to your 2nd Q....no. most quartz watches (gent''s or ladies) never hold up in value. if you like it,buy it,but just don''t expect to get anything close to what you paid,when and if you decide to sell it.

madrock

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 9:00:33 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

you should able to buy a Gucci watch at 30-35% off retail.answer to your 2nd Q....no. most quartz watches (gent''s or ladies) never hold up in value. if you like it,buy it,but just don''t expect to get anything close to what you paid,when and if you decide to sell it.

Dancing Fire, could you share a little more of your watch expertise? I am looking at the Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 (see attached photo) and I just found out today it''s quartz. My first thought was, "Wow -- a lot of $$$ for a quartz watch." (It retails for $8250.) Do you think a GP watch follows the same trend, that quartz just isn''t as valuable long-term as an automatic, no matter what the brand?

02592D1A11-11B.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2006 1:29:22 PM
Author: madrock

Dancing Fire, could you share a little more of your watch expertise? I am looking at the Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 (see attached photo) and I just found out today it''s quartz. My first thought was, ''Wow -- a lot of $$$ for a quartz watch.'' (It retails for $8250.) Do you think a GP watch follows the same trend, that quartz just isn''t as valuable long-term as an automatic, no matter what the brand?
madrock
i don''t anything about vintage watches
33.gif
i''m surprise there was quartz watches made in 1945.

quartz watches is nothing more than a computer chip inside with a battery. no craftsmanship involve.the most expensive watches are always mechanical with multi functions,put together by hand.

widget

Ideal_Rock
DF: My guess is that "Vintage 1945" is the name of that particular style.

Madrock...I'm one of those heathens who LOVES the convenience and accuracy of quartz watches, as well as the appeal of brand names...

Have you considered the Patek Philippe Twenty-4? It is similar to the GP you posted, and because Patek is (MAYBE
20.gif
) a better known brand, perhaps the high price tag is MAYBE a bit more justified?

Just a thought....

Here's a picture:

untitledptk.jpg

madrock

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 6:46:19 PM
Date: 1/26/2006 1:29:22 PM

Dancing Fire, could you share a little more of your watch expertise? I am looking at the Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 (see attached photo) and I just found out today it''s quartz. My first thought was, ''Wow -- a lot of $$$ for a quartz watch.'' (It retails for $8250.) Do you think a GP watch follows the same trend, that quartz just isn''t as valuable long-term as an automatic, no matter what the brand?
madrock

i don''t anything about vintage watches
33.gif
i''m surprise there was quartz watches made in 1945.

quartz watches is nothing more than a computer chip inside with a battery. no craftsmanship involve.the most expensive watches are always mechanical with multi functions,put together by hand.

Sorry for the confusion -- that''s the name of the GP collection - Vintage 1945. The watch is new.

madrock

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 7:21:46 PM
Author: widget
DF: My guess is that ''Vintage 1945'' is the name of that particular style.

Madrock...I''m one of those heathens who LOVES the convenience and accuracy of quartz watches, as well as the appeal of brand names...

Have you considered the Patek Philippe Twenty-4? It is similar to the GP you posted, and because Patek is (MAYBE
20.gif
) a better known brand, perhaps the high price tag is MAYBE a bit more justified?

Just a thought....

Here''s a picture:

I love this watch, and the price is great considering it''s a Patek. This watch was actually very high on my list until I saw it and tried it on. The problem (for me) is that the band is a very shiny stainless steel -- and I know it won''t stay that way. This is my everyday watch -- I wear it in the pool, walking the dogs, to the gym -- and I know the matte finish will look scratched in no time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madrock
i wouldn''t wear an expensive watch in the pool. i don''t think the Patek -24 is water proof.
34.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
that what''s I need. more things to covet! LOL...
Well, my michele is a few years old so not picture worthy....although diamonds are always worthy :)

My dream is a Chopard Happy Sport. Sigh! :)

widget

Ideal_Rock
The problem (for me) is that the band is a very shiny stainless steel -- and I know it won''t stay that way.
I''ve worn mine almost every day since I got it...over eight years ago...and it still looks great. (Not swimming, however)

I also learned that it''s no big deal or expense to have it repolished to look brand new. I haven''t done that yet...haven''t felt the need..

widget

madrock

Rough_Rock
The Patek twentyfour-7 is also a quartz movement.

Well, I certainly can''t resist an opportunity to add to the "Wish List": I think that Piaget makes one incredibly beautiful watch if you are viewing it from the perspective of fine jewelry and workmanship. If you are a watch purist and want to own a "master of complications" watch, then Patek Philippe is the ultimate.

Here is a shot of a Piaget "Piece Unique" that one of my watch brokers is currently selling. It is a one-of-a-kind watch, made for a wealthy woman who later reniged on the transaction. It features an 18K solid white gold watchcase which houses a Swiss-made chronograph movement and a light purple mother-of-pearl face adorned with 208 single-cut diamonds (tcw 1.5) with ruby hour markers. The bezel showcases 24 emerald-cut diamonds for a tcw of 4.32. It also features 36 natural, hand-cut genuine rubies for a tcw of 5.20. Overall, Piaget used approximately 5.82 carats of the finest-quality white F-G color, VS1-SI1 diamonds to make this timepiece an absolute jaw-dropper!!! Oh yeah, the retail on this showboat was around $113,000!

What a STUNNING creation, just from the sheer workmanship involved! This is why the expert jewelers at Piaget are world-renowned for their craftsmanship and commitment to creating the most original, most glamorous timepieces. I know this watch is WAY over the top for the average person, but I think I could adjust to wearing it if I had to!!

13.gif

Meanwhile, I will just "make do " with my Rolex Ladies Datejust with MOP face, diamond hour markers, diamond bezel and SS/18K jubilee bracelet. I have to say it has been a handsome, dependable watch which has subtle class and goes with everything- I can dress it up or down. Plus, it was a gift from my wonderful hubby, so no wath can ever replace its sentimental value!!

BTW, I TRIED and TRIED to get the Piaget picture to upload, but I kept getting a message that the file size exceeded the max of 100K bits and I needed to adjust the DPI, which I have no idea how to do (hey, I know lots about jewels and watches, but I leave that computer stuff up to the really SMART people!)

What a BUMMMEr, since the watch is really spectacular and a work of art. Something you definitley don''t get the chance to see very often.

If anyone would be so kind as to tutor me on the how-to''s of uploading a picture, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks -

Madrock:

That Blancpain is WONDERFUL!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: youknowyoureobsessed
If anyone would be so kind as to tutor me on the how-to''s of uploading a picture, I would really appreciate it!!
Hi YKYO! Welcome!

I''m DYING to see that Piaget!!!

Here''s how I do it: Go to your photo editing program and open your picture. Hit "edit" and menu drops down. Hit "image size". A box appears with dimensions of the pic in pixels. Change either the heighth or the width to desired number and the other will change automaticly.

I think 250 to 500 pixels is a nice size.

I''m a computer idiot...I hope this answers your question. Oh, be sure your picture is jpeg...

widget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, I just thought I would add the following hint that jcrow gave me to your great explanation. When you save the photo as a jpeg, when the quality box comes up choose medium and not high. Medium allows you to have a bigger picture [600 pixels]. You don''t need high quality since its on the web.

Alright, let''s see if the picture uploading thing works this time: (File attached)

Thanks, Widget!! I am loooking roward to meeting other gemaholics and similarly afflicted individuals who will listen to me as I wax poetic about diamonds, gems, watches and jewelry. My husband has recently developed a strange blank stare whenever I say "Hey honey, you should have seen the (fill in jewelry-related item here) I was looking at today." You could help save a marriage!!

piagetpieceuniqueweb.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my new watch--Tag Heuer Link with diamond markers:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results