shape
carat
color
clarity

Watches, Watches, Watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, All....thought I'd pop in here.

Does anyone like antique watches?

This one is "Bucherer", Plat, rubies, and rose cut diamonds. After much debate, I THINK the date would be '20s or '30s....but could be earlier. There is a dated insription on the back of the case: 1911...

Edited to add: I tried to post pics of a couple of others, and all of a sudden, they won't attach!
33.gif

widget

000_1286.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s nice!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
One last attempt to post picture of other watches...

Finally!! (I changed the title to numbers)

This is a Hamilton, probably from the ''40s, most likely originally intended to be a man''s dress watch. Dia, Plat

00 12.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
And finally, here''s the watch I live in...I just love it: Patek Twenty~4, stainless steal, quartz movement.

widget

PS: Thanks, sevens one!!
1.gif

3766.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emsmilep.gif
WOW
emteeth.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Widget:

I love antique watches--and seach the "usual suspect" sites for the same. Have you noticed a trend for manufactures to create new watches "styled" after the vintage shapes?

cheers--Sharon

widget

Ideal_Rock
HI, Sharon..

I HAVE noticed that there are more antique repro watches on the market! And I think that''s a good thing..

As much as I love my antiques as collector pieces, I must admit I''m so thoroughly spoiled by the convenience and accuracy of a quartz movement watch, that I rarely wear the old guys...even though they do keep good time (when I remember to wind them!)

[Above is the longest, most convoluted sentence I''ve ever written...
20.gif
]

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, widget, your watches are beautiful! i think it''s good that these antique styles are coming back, such nice designs........

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are some of my watches....
ebel, whittnauer, and one of my fun fossils.....

ebelwhitfos.JPG

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Currently wearing a steel Omega Constellation automatic. I''d wear my Skagen more (actually gets unsolicited compliments), but I don''t have a watch winder for the Omega.

My dream watches would be either a Patek grand complication 5004 in platinum, or teh Patek 5035 in platinum or rose gold. I also like A. Lange & Sohne watches too, but I''m not that familiar with the actual model numbers.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Nice watches Belle- hey Code, where are your pics?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2005 7
6.gif
0:54 PM
Author: codex57
Currently wearing a steel Omega Constellation automatic. I'd wear my Skagen more (actually gets unsolicited compliments), but I don't have a watch winder for the Omega.

My dream watches would be either a Patek grand complication 5004 in platinum, or teh Patek 5035 in platinum or rose gold. I also like A. Lange & Sohne watches too, but I'm not that familiar with the actual model numbers.
codex57
thinking about buying a Patek 5054 YG or 5055 in RG but the price has sky rocket in the pass yr,up like 30%
39.gif
i love my Lange & Sohne 1 PG/SD (see my avatar)

widget

Ideal_Rock
Belle:

What nice watches!

I especially like the fossil...."cushion cut" face, and wide, stitched band....

widget

(edited to add:) By the way... Am I the only one who didn't know that it's no big deal to have your watch repolished?

I was talking to a watch guy a few weeks ago, and he noticed that my watch was a little beat up. (The crystal is fine, but the S.S. shows some wear). He said he could have it polished and bring it back to what it looked like brand new! Interesting.

thought I'd share in case others are as clueless as I was. I imagine they clean any diamonds in the process, as well... w.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2005 8:11:41 PM
Author: widget
Belle:

(edited to add:) By the way... Am I the only one who didn''t know that it''s no big deal to have your watch repolished?

I was talking to a watch guy a few weeks ago, and he noticed that my watch was a little beat up. (The crystal is fine, but the S.S. shows some wear). He said he could have it polished and bring it back to what it looked like brand new! Interesting.

thought I''d share in case others are as clueless as I was. I imagine they clean any diamonds in the process, as well... w.
HI:

Yup--isn''t it great! Last time I had the battery replaced in my Ebel Beluga, the watch came back looking brand new b/c they had taken the liberty of polishing the S/S strap while replacing the battery. I was floored with the service--not having to ask and all.

As well, Concord has a new annual free service plan--you can send your watch in on the anniversary date of purchase and they check it over to keep it in top running order. I have a 14K mans tank I wear, and I sent it in for this service, and it came back with a completely new crystal (the watch was 1 year old) since they had observed a scratch or crack in crystal that I had not. Again I was impressed!! But I really like Concords anyway and have been wearing them for at least 15 years.

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m thinking about getting this fella tomorrow. I have the monster round one with the stainless band but it''s so freakin heavy. I''m not sure what color band yet

OK- Do I 1) Just replace the band and glass face on my old one (it is an earlier model b/f they made the scratch resistant face)
and get that .50 stone for a pendant I''ve been eyeballing or

2) forget the pendant and get the watch???

michele.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2005 6:48:16 PM
Author: moremoremore
Well, I''m thinking about getting this fella tomorrow. I have the monster round one with the stainless band but it''s so freakin heavy. I''m not sure what color band yet

OK- Do I 1) Just replace the band and glass face on my old one (it is an earlier model b/f they made the scratch resistant face)

HI MMM:

Great position to be in! Which would you wear more often?

Since you like this brand of watch enough to get another one, if it is easy enough/possible/would look good, why not just refit the old style with a new strap and save the bucks to get the pendant? Unless of course they can give you some excellent pricing on the new watch (and deals to be had?) and you can have both.

cheers--Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gee, MMM, a .50 pendant? You''ve been keeping secrets...
20.gif
11.gif
2.gif

Widget: You have an amazing collection of watches!
30.gif
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Sharon- No way to do both. Hubby would kill me with either!!! But I like a little danger LOL
J-Fo, I had pm''d you the link to the stone!

Regent Cut

Rough_Rock
I''m wearing a Movado Museum watch but I would love to get my hands on an inexpensive original Alain Silberstein watch.
That is one of my fancies, does someone want to get rid of one?
19.gif
26.gif
28.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Alain

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I''m wearing my dad''s old pimp watch as a bracelet. It''s white gold by Jules Jurgenson. It doesn''t work unfortunately. My dad tried to give it to my twin brother and he was like, "oh hell no." So I got it! I actually like wearing men''s watches - something about it makes me feel more fem. I know, I''m a strange one.

I''m wondering where I could take this to get it cleaned & serviced?

watchfront.jpg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Here is the oh so exciting underside!

watchback.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Twinkletoes: wonderful watch! I too love men''s watches (I have one!) and white gold too, and this style is quite chic. Is there a retailer near you that sells this brand or other fine watches? If they cannot fix it for you, then perhaps they may be able to at least recommend a place.

Moremoremore: what decision did you end up making with the watch and pendant?? One, both, none??

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes i was wondering the same thing, mmm!!! what did you decide?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 9:46:55 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Twinkletoes: wonderful watch! I too love men''s watches (I have one!) and white gold too, and this style is quite chic. Is there a retailer near you that sells this brand or other fine watches? If they cannot fix it for you, then perhaps they may be able to at least recommend a place.

cheers--Sharon

I''ve actually never heard of the designer so I have no idea, but I haven''t been looking that hard just yet. I did a few searches online, but they were all web vendors.

Which mens watch do you wear?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know the brand name of your watch--but admit I have not seen one lately....

I have a 14K yellow gold tank by Concord. I love it b/c of its large face (over 40 eyes....), but acknowledge I have always had a weakness for many mens styles--I guess that is why we see so many crossover styles into womens models these days....

cheers--Sharon

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2005 6:48:16 PM
Author: moremoremore

MMM: I love Michele watches, especially that model...so I vote for the new watch!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
friendly bump for my new V-Day addition:

ps
Twinkletoes that is incredibly unique. I think IWC makes reversible watch faces. Very cool.

fendi02.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh very nice, cute! i like the sleek tank style..
the diamonds ain''t bad either!! thanks for sharing.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I''m a newbie, so I hope this works.

I love bling-bling watches. I have a few others, but here''s is my favorite --Chaumet Class One. I had been drooling over it for years at Saks. I got it for Chanukah this year fromSigned Pieces for much less. It even had the plastic on the back. The coolest thing about the watch is that they scented the rubber strap with vanilla. It''s mild, just fun to sniff!!! Here''s the picture from the ebay auction.
30.gif
31.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I hope this works, I''ve got to get my kid to school and go to work!

Chaumet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results